Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2002 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > More BF4 DLC Planned
2. Re: More BF4 DLC Planned Dec 9, 2014, 21:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I'm all for it if they are releasing it for free. If they don't, they're really screwing people over who bought premium near release day, like myself, who basically paid a hefty sum to beta test their game.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren
11. Re: inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren Dec 8, 2014, 15:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:49:
Well there was a fair amount of work done on VB so if they managed to snag the actual assets it would put them pretty far along the development track. And why wouldn't they do another post-apocalypse game? It's not like it wouldn't sell. And I think people would be more familiar and more into a Fallout style setting than Wasteland.

Ugh, I'd probably still play it, but I think I'm getting apocalypse'd out. Pretty soon we're going to have a Wasteland series, a Fallout series, an ever growing pile of apocalyptic survival games, any number of zombie apocalypse games, you name it. Surely there's one possible future out there that can be turned into a game, where humanity isn't sifting through the radioactive rubble?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2014, 15:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the... surely there is no one left, on the PLANET, that doesn't have Skyrim?!?

It also seems weird that Wolfenstein isn't on there at all, with it being under 20 bucks the past couple of days. I know I gave in and bought it.

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
34. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 11:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 06:17:

DA:I is the best thing that happened in the entire gaming industry, man. It's huge in scope, it looks beautiful, it's immersive. Romance is taken to a whole new level, too. There's insane much ground to explore -- truly the scope of a damn MMO!

Wow, it's great that this game made that much of an impression on you... looking forward to a couple patches and a price drop before I buy it though.

News Comments > Dying Light Specs Scaled Back
19. Re: Dying Light Specs Scaled Back Dec 6, 2014, 18:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks great, looking forward to the release, and subsequent Steam/Gamersgate sale a few months later.

Also I have 128GB of RAM, get on my level, game designers! (Not really)

News Comments > Dying Light Trailer
3. Re: Dying Light Trailer Dec 6, 2014, 17:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's always hard to judge from scripted story trailers, but based on this AND previous gameplay trailers, I am still very much looking forward to this game.

I doubt I'm buying it on Release day, as the queue continues to grow, but it'll join the library eventually...

News Comments > Into the Black
20. Re: Into the Black Dec 4, 2014, 23:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

It just came to me, but since Sarah Connor, in Genisys, knows what will happen in the future, old-Terminator Arnold had to tell she is basically required to have Kyle Reese's baby, in order for John Connor to be born.

Awkward...

Or maybe the plan is to somehow avoid Judgement Day entirely, but still, to avoid the paradox...

17. Re: Into the Black Dec 4, 2014, 22:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

"This will be the greatest movie to have ever been made." - A person who has been stuck in a cave and never saw Terminator 1 or 2, or any other film.

Surprisingly I was not that disappointed in what I saw in the trailer, they are doing some more complicated time travel stuff, could actually turn out to be pretty interesting. I am required to see it by law, so here's hoping it ends up being tolerable at least.

As for Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange... meeeehh... ok. It could work. Maybe.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 4, 2014, 14:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

PS4/Xbox One update for The Evil Within... ok why is there a delay for the PC version?

News Comments > Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale
19. Re: Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 4, 2014, 14:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Primalchrome wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 10:18:
I'm still on the fence with Xenonauts. I really want it....but everything I read makes me feel like it's a <$15 title. Sigh.

I bought Xenonauts in a Steam sale awhile back, and was not impressed. It is a little too close to X-Com 1 and 2(Terror From the Deep), and for some reason doesn't have the character those games seemed to have, at least to me. It has nicer graphics obviously, but between going over almost the EXACT same terrain, with a few bugs, caused me to lose interest pretty fast.

If you put dozens or hundreds of hours into the original X-Com 1 or 2, beware, this game will most likely not compare favorably. If you never played the originals, feel free to buy this.

All that said, I did buy a few things so far in the gog.com sale, looking forward to some more flash sales from them.

16. Re: Into the Black Dec 4, 2014, 02:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Duncan Jones, directed the amazing Moon, and the fairly interesting if extremely ripped off Source Code(and misnamed!), and now he's directing... Warcraft. Sellout!

Josh Trank, I didn't think Chronicle was bad, but it's a watered down comic book movie basically, by somebody who seemingly never read any comics, or any good comics at least. I am kind of interested to see what he does with the Fantastic Four though. The cast they have is crazy talented, but a little too young for my old self, and Marvel seems to be going all in, since they've cancelled the FF comic, at least until after the movie comes out, no doubt with some retconned versions to more closely match the actors' versions of characters.

Rian Johnson did Terriers, possibly my favorite TV show to ever be IMMEDIATELY cancelled, and Looper wasn't half bad either. He will never be seen as a free man again after Star Wars episode 8 and 9.

Neil Blomkamp, District 9 owned, Elysium's plot was so illogical as to cause me physical pain, but I'll probably see Chappie immediately. I feel as though he'd do a pretty weird Terminator movie, could be interesting.

Adam Wingard... Added The Guest, I watched V/H/S and wasn't overly impressed, found footage movies aren't really my cup of tea though.

These are my unsolicited opinions, released upon the world.

*EDIT* Whoops, failing memory correction.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
13. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 4, 2014, 01:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 23:51:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 20:22:
Some of you guys might need to move to ISIS controlled Iran/Syria or something, where all women are forced to walk around fully covered, and you can feel more relaxed.

Also learning the difference between facts and innuendo might be helpful.

One thing has nothing to do with the other. You want to dress and act like trash that's how you're going to get treated. Women dressed modestly and professionally don't run into those sorts of problems. It's not rocket surgery and has nothing to do with men being pigs and everything to do with evolutionary traits that pertain to sex and sexual signals. You don't undo millions of years of genetic hardwiring in a few years because of some uptight PC assholes. Learn to deal with it already.

The innuendo remark is to the people STILL claiming Quinn got some sort of press coverage from a relationship, which is a spurious claim. Wasn't that game released for free anyway? That's a dead horse, but there you go.

As for judging people by their clothes and/or appearance, of course a lot of people do that, but that's where self control should step in. Don't judge a book by its cover, don't judge people based on race or appearance, etc. As adults that should be a skill most people have already acquired, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Requiring people to dress "moderately and professionally" whatever the hell that might mean to different people, ends up being a ridiculous request eventually, either due to age gap or cultural differences or any other difference in background.

News Comments > I am Bread Early Access
5. Re: I am Bread Early Access Dec 4, 2014, 01:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kosumo wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 21:18:
I am Bread Early Access - Dough!!

hehehe.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 3, 2014, 21:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

johots wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 21:23:
Still available!

This may be one of those things where Amazon does not show the same price in every region, but as soon as I saw that $19.99 Shadows of Mordor sale last week, I went to go buy it, and it was already disabled for me. Since then the price has been jacked back up to 24.99, 37.99, now back to $49.99 for the download version... and for most of that time, it was showing No Codes Available for Sale, to me.

Amazon.com

11. Re: Into the Black Dec 3, 2014, 21:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 20:54:
He's flat out said when he has been asked about getting the rights back that he doesn't care and has no interest in doing anything with them right now.

That's EXACTLY what he wants you to think!

James Cameron's Terminator reboot, filming starts in 2017, my prediction recorded here for all posterity.

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Dec 3, 2014, 20:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Based on professional reviews as well as the Bluesnews ones, I feel rather pleased to be waiting for DA:I to drop in price and get some patches, before I drop some coin on it.

Thanks again, early adopters!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 3, 2014, 20:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 20:04:
Not a fan of my online purchases going up, but states have been struggling for years to stay in the green due to lower tax revenues, and local infrastructure across the US is crumbling. The bottom line is the states could use the money. The original argument, that taxation would stifle internet growth, is no longer valid. The internet is now the most influential tech in the industrialized world with hundreds of billions of dollars in infrastructure around the globe. It can't be stopped, and it ain't going anywhere either.

Agreed, I don't enjoy the thought of paying taxes for online purchases either, but most of these states are going to have to do SOMETHING soon, too much money is flowing around out of reach of their bankrupt coffers. Hopefully we can keep it fair and sane, helping out the states while not wrecking the consumers' day. Some tax attorneys and accountants somewhere are getting major payday boners thinking about the wrangling that'll go on eventually getting this sorted out.

Also, reading that Nintendo Lawsuit story.. ouch. He probably won't have much luck against Nintendo, but he definitely needs to sue his (direct) employers, nobody needs a ruptured aorta.

9. Re: Into the Black Dec 3, 2014, 20:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 20:15:
Huh, I don't see Cameron as producer, just Writer (characters). I assume that means he is getting credit for the original characters he created back in the day (John Connor, Kyle Reese, etc.), but has no direct involvement with the film beyond that.

Cameron as a director has such a singular vision, and is such a ball breaker about getting exactly what he wants, that in a limited role I don't think he would have much effect. His great movies are great because he made them great through force of will and involvement in every facet: Aliens, The Abyss, Terminator, & T2.

Yeah, I was referencing a rumor going around in film nerd circles (I wear several hats!) that Cameron was tangentially involved somehow with Terminator Genisys, and was trying to surreptitiously kill it, so the license is able to revert back to him in a couple years for a modest price. I have done zero fact checking to back that up, but I found it hilarious if it turned out to be true.

Yes to your second part, I am a huge fan of most Cameron films, where he has much more involvement.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 3, 2014, 20:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Some of you guys might need to move to ISIS controlled Iran/Syria or something, where all women are forced to walk around fully covered, and you can feel more relaxed.

Also learning the difference between facts and innuendo might be helpful.

6. Re: Into the Black Dec 3, 2014, 20:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 20:03:

(full) Trailer comes out tomorrow. If you want to know the plot, with mild spoilers, it's here, and sounds horrible.

Gah, no full spoilers! And yeah, it'll be a terrible film most likely, as Cameron (as producer) runs it into the ground, to regain control of the Terminator license in 2017. Tinfoil hats, on!

2002 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo