Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2116 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 This Month
2. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 This Month Feb 3, 2015, 19:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, excellent auto ammo resupply, although I've gotten used to resupplying guys manually very quickly in this series. Unit veterancy could end up being overpowered, depending on how they do it, and make turtling early way too strong.

5 Skirmishes as a tank crew... bah I'll probably still buy it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Superbowl Sharks Feb 3, 2015, 10:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting, I don't even remember sharks in that show, although my laser-like focus allowed me to capture every detail of Katy Perry's legs.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Specs; Beta Preloads; Video
17. Re: Battlefield Hardline Specs; Beta Preloads; Video Feb 3, 2015, 08:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Zero interest in BF Cops and Robbers. Not very much interest left in BF4 either, to be honest, I may be Battlefielded out at the moment.

Hopefully you early adopters don't get the classic buggy launch from EA/DICE.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 2, 2015, 22:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Neither have I, but I'm still tempted to buy them. All indie games, some actually look somewhat interesting, and it's a mere 4.99. Not exactly breaking the bank. A couple still seem to be Early Access though.

Still, I have so much to play already, and my Steam account is already bursting at the seams.

*Ponders.*

News Comments > HATRED Preorders
8. Re: HATRED Preorders Jan 29, 2015, 21:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks boring. Not a single gray building is going to survive, I guess. Pass.

News Comments > Diablo III Brawling May Not Improve
5. Re: Diablo III Brawling May Not Improve Jan 29, 2015, 15:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

PVP in an ARPG or MMO holds no appeal for me whatsoever, but I wonder why Blizzard doesn't at least put the Arena maps they had from the beta into Brawling mode, and up the player count to 6 or 8 players.

That would at least satiate the rabid pvp people somewhat, because those maps were actually pretty decent.

Some of their D3 decisions make the tinfoil hat wearing part of me wonder if they aren't trying to just tank that game.

The game has a sick combat engine, and excellent graphics for the gametype(no whining about not being 'dark' please), open it up to mods and it'd be one of the best games on the planet. Modders could fix the itemization issues in about a week or so.

News Comments > Into the Black
30. Re: Into the Black Jan 28, 2015, 11:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Orogogus wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 10:34:
Not compared to anything. Watching Ghostbusters 2 is a worse use of time than arguing with strangers on the Internet. What gem of writing stood out? What example of perfect comedic delivery did it have to offer? If I've forgotten something good then maybe you can provide a quote or a YouTube clip?

Whoa, a stranger asking to be swayed on the internet! Mwahahaha!

I'd argue the courtroom scene was one of the best scenes of Ghostbusters 2, where they are getting persecuted as frauds, Rick Moranis has some great work as a lawyer, some well played stock NYC characters and judge do some work, then of course they have to break out their proton packs and...bust...some...ghosts.

The problem with Ghostbusters 2(or 3 for that matter), is similar the 2nd Matrix... the major cats are out of the bag, they are staring up at a colossal first film that was entirely new, and all the sequel can do is let people down, who felt the first film was near a religious experience.

I accept your thanks for reshaping your world view.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably)
4. Re: Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably) Jan 28, 2015, 11:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Seasons are simply a terrible idea, as currently implemented. Especially if you, like me and most people, already had 6+ characters before they added Seasons.

Hopefully they at least cut down the season length so Seasonal Legendaries get added to regular mode faster.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jan 27, 2015, 23:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Video game addiction? Heh. Of course video games are an addictive waste of time, everything that isn't directly related to survival and the continuation of the species is a waste of time in the grand scheme of things.

I question what the authors of the article think these people would be doing instead, watching tv? Drinking at a bar? Staring at Facebook for hours? Staring at X aspect of nature somewhere? It's not like the second these people quit gaming they would suddenly have unlimited free time and funds to travel the globe or something.

Video games are a cheap addiction(aside from some of those mobile games!), but hey, at least it's not crystal meth.

Get a job, get some exercise, play some games, talk to some people. Moderation in all things, including moderation. Thanks, Ben Franklin.

News Comments > Magicka 2 Trailer; Bonus Signups
1. Re: Magicka 2 Trailer; Bonus Signups Jan 27, 2015, 22:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looks great; I loved the first one, this might be a guaranteed buy unless they really screw something up before release.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2015, 22:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 17:43:

All these actors are solid with long resumes. It's good that they're getting more exposure.

I don't disagree, and yes I've seen all of them in other films or shows. It's just they seem WAY too young, from a comic nerd perspective... Reed Richards is always shown in his late 30s/40s, with white hair at his temple's for Odin's sake. Ben Grimm is huge even as a human, in every iteration of the FF. Maybe I am just nitpicking, and/or missing Jessica Alba walking around in spandex.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month
59. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 27, 2015, 21:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Talutha wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 17:32:
Here is 37 minutes of footage from PAX South.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtqy0CGur4&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534

Shiiiit. Well so much for not buying this game.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 27, 2015, 21:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

If the UI sucks on release day, relax. CD Projekt RED has easily the best track record of any developer for post release support.

It just might take a year or so.

News Comments > Into the Black
14. Re: Into the Black Jan 27, 2015, 21:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, sounds like this film will have a ridiculous uphill battle to be even halfway decent.

Although, don't hate on Ghostbusters 2! *Vigo of Moldavia scowls at you*

Of course Ghostbusters 2 wasn't going to be as good as the original, that would be impossible. There are definitely worse sequels though.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Jan 27, 2015, 21:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, Grey Goo is sounding good from professional reviews and Steam comments so far, I'll get it when it drops a bit.

I bought Void Destroyer also, seems pretty interesting, but I feel as though I was expecting a little more out of the ship combat. 2 guns, and movement, Descent/Babylon 5 style movement that is. I haven't played it much really as a straight RTS yet, but pretty impressive if this is all the work of basically one guy.

Probably not a good sign that you have sound issues; the sounds are almost undetectable for me, at least on my laptop, regardless of how loud I set them. Might not be the best sound coding.

News Comments > Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans
8. Re: Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans Jan 27, 2015, 21:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Freedom Force is one of my favorite games, but with the popularity of comic book movies now I am sure a new FF would get ruined by somebody, somewhere along the line.

Anyway this sounds like it is so far out from an actual game, there's nothing to get worked up about... yet.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2015, 14:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

I must be getting old... I watched that Fantastic Four teaser, and all I could think was: who the hell are these children? (Of course certain actors I recognized, but the age relative to characters, ugh)

News Comments > Dying Light Dawns
5. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 14:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sounds like my cunning plan of a buggy release, a quick price drop, and some patches is all coming together. *rubs hands together, chomps down on cigar*

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 26, 2015, 21:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nexus 6 ... Bladerunner references will never die.  

News Comments > Dying Light Launch Trailer
7. Re: Dying Light Launch Trailer Jan 26, 2015, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Every video I see of this looks fucking amazing. Now the only question is, attempt patience, hold off and wait for patches and a sale, or jump in on or near release day?

ps. Loved Dead Island at first, got sick of the grind as the game went on(zombies respawning insanely fast)

2116 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo