Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1605 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
3. Re: Evening Screenshots May 30, 2014, 20:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Those Elite Dangerous screenshots look pretty good, but they don't look 40 million dollars good. Oh wait, that's the other game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
40. Re: butterfly in the sky, i can fly twice as high! May 29, 2014, 23:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

No interest in Battlefield Hardline.

I do still play BF4 occasionally however; Golmud Railway is still arguably the best map ever in any BF game.

Hopefully DICE follows through and continues to patch up BF4 in spite of their full-EA mode release nonsense.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
99. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 23:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 29, 2014, 22:14:
I'm surprised to not see VGReagle barfing all over this by now.. his mom must have taken him to Chuck-E Cheese tonight Clown Dunce Clown

Ahh, Chuck-E Cheese. Even as a kid, I remember thinking: "well this pizza isn't great, but damned if that animatronic band isn't horrifying."

Also, I think it was required for at least one kid to piss in the ballpit daily.

*EDIT* More on topic: The spectacle around this game continues to amuse and depress me. Regardless of how the actual game turns out, psychologists could study the circus around the game for decades and keep finding new flaws in the human psyche to point out.

News Comments > Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY
25. Re: Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY May 28, 2014, 16:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

That blond girl is way too small to be swinging that sword. Boycott!

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 26, 2014, 15:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

What!?! You DON'T want a sale? Sacrilege!

I want to buy even MORE games, so instead of years of gametime gathering, dust, I have DECADES!

I made a new tab in my Steam Library, Unplayed Games. It's quite full at the moment.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Intro Movie
5. Re: Wasteland 2 Intro Movie May 25, 2014, 14:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

On the one hand, I'm looking forward to Wasteland 2, probably a day one purchase for me (I have reached my KS limit, so didn't back it).

On the other hand, can we PLEASE get a post apocalyptic world setting where NOBODY is wearing old football pads? Seriously, those offer zero protection from actual weapons.

News Comments > Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent
9. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 11:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Now, Blizzard just needs to remove Rift Keys from the game entirely, and buff drop rates in Adventure mode(bounties, bosses, etc.) to be the same as Rifts.

Then people could actually play the areas of the game they want to play, instead of farming Bounties to farm Rifts for actual drops.

It'd be nice for them to make solo play as rewarding, Magic Find-wise, as group play, but that logical leap seems to be completely beyond them.

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side Early Access
1. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side Early Access May 19, 2014, 13:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looking at the screenshots, this looks like the same game(basically) and same engine(mostly?) that I've played several times already.

No major improvements this time around, 1C Company? I'll pass.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2014, 10:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit... stop buying Day Z, random people who are somehow not yet sick of unfinished zombie survival games.

That said, has anybody bought Space Engineers? How is it? (Besides being yet another unfinished game)

News Comments > Killing Floor Turns Five
2. Re: Killing Floor Turns Five May 14, 2014, 21:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fairly interesting bits of information on that graphic. It shows how indie Tripwire really was 5 years ago... I hope Killing Floor 2 is far, far better, since they have probably 50 times the funds/expertise this time around.

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses
2. Re: Diablo III Turns Two - Birthday Bonuses May 14, 2014, 21:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ooh, nice. Patch 2.05 has been very good so far. They really need to bump up Rift fragments and Legendary drops in Adventure mode(non-Rift) though, in my horrible drop-luck biased opinion.

ps. Yes I am one of those people who plays Diablo 3.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Watch Dogs
16. Re: Gone Gold - Watch Dogs May 14, 2014, 21:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

saluk wrote on May 14, 2014, 19:44:
Yay can we move on to the next overhyped excessively developed game now? Anyone have any guesses on what it will be or where it will come from?

Without question, it will be: The Division.

Both that game and Watch Dogs may end up being good, but prepare yourself for the media/hype storm that The Division will bring, damn.

News Comments > Kerberos' Kaiju A Gogo Teaser
2. Re: Kerberos' Kaiju A Gogo Teaser May 12, 2014, 13:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

That sounds like a really good idea for a game, jdreyer. They would have to make it so the Kaiju didn't all come from ONE hole at one spot in the ocean though... just surround that with warships, depth charges, mines etc. on the first day and it's over.

Also, use your sword FIRST, not after the giant monster kicks your ass for like 20 minutes.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Video Diary
6. Re: Alien Isolation Video Diary May 11, 2014, 20:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, looks impressive graphically at least.

A bit of a sideways topic: Apparently Ripley's ex-husband or boyfriend really lucked out, breaking it off with Ripley before she got involved with certain acid-blooded xenos. Imagine if he had still been in the picture, we would have had several games/movies of him most likely getting maimed or killed on his futile way to rescue Ripley(Sigourney).

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collector's Edition Preorders
11. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collector's Edition Preorders May 10, 2014, 09:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

So... what is the regular vesion of Homeworld Remastered supposed to cost? I'd be interested in downloading that for about... $4.99?

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Revealed
5. Re: Killing Floor 2 Revealed May 10, 2014, 09:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well it's about damned time.

It seems like they have WAY more money and experience this time around too, I'm interested to see how exactly KF2 turns out.

Killing Floor had great shooting mechanics but multiplayer usually turned into a camp fest, simply due to map design and the movement speed of non berserkers. Also, competition for kills more than teamwork was usually the method of operation on most pubs, hopefully Tripwire can fix that this time around.

Unless the gameplay videos look like complete shit I'm required to buy this game.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Apr 29, 2014, 22:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sigh... I REALLY hope they don't fuck up these new Star Wars films, or Godzilla for that matter.

I assume they are going to go with the classic Godzilla opponents though...they would kind of be forced to. (not counting MechaGodzilla, who will remain on the bench)

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
16. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 22:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looks like this has definitely moved to my Steam sale buy list, but Stealth or Mayhem? Mayhem 100%.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 29, 2014, 14:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh my god. What a sick kill! Say what you will about the Battlefield series, but only in BF games do you get that kind of beautiful madness.

Although I've definitely seen better ones than that c4 quad, that was still pretty good.

News Comments > Dota 2 Spring Cleaning Next Week
2. Re: Dota 2 Spring Cleaning Next Week Apr 26, 2014, 14:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ferazel wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 12:07:
. However, this game is a worldwide phenomenon and easily the #1 played game on Steam. This game is huge!

That is mind boggling. MOBA games are RTS-lite, ARPG-lite at best, neither of which are particularly skill-gated to entry level play. But whatever floats the popular boats I guess. Stay off my lawn, kids!

Valve will never really make HL3 at this point, I don't think that is a factor. What is a factor is the huge vortex of game companies being sucked into making MOBAs in foolish cash grab attempts, instead of making real games, that'll hurt all of us over time, just like the MMO fad has left its scars all over gaming.

1605 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo