Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1335 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
4. Re: Diablo 3 Console Developer Interview Sep 5, 2013, 23:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 22:57:
Alright! Question time! One (of many) annoyances with Diablo 3 was the lack of randomized maps, like D2 had. But I just got an email from My Pals At Blizz (ha!), and one of the features of the console version they list is "Randomized locations, events, and loot deliver endless, dynamic gameplay".

Did they finally patch in random maps? Is it a console only feature?

Every once in awhile, I hit my head against the wall juuuust right and I contemplate playing diablo 3 again...for all of 2-3 seconds.

Just wait a year. Or maybe 6 months or so, for the Diablo 3 patch to Loot 2.0, which will no doubt be after or concurrent with the release of the expansion. That is supposed to ALSO include some randomized 15-20minute runs, if anything Blizzard says is to be believed.

The console version has a modified version of what will be the PC Loot 2.0 patch, and additional drops since there is no AH. The "randomized" events will be the same events that Diablo 3 had, aka sometimes that cellar has X NPC in it, sometimes that wandering NPC Y is in the other zone, etc. Or so I hear, I did not buy the console version.

Once they actually patch PC D3 like they claim they will, I will reinstall and at least check it out. Although by then it's probably just going to be Grim Dawn time, really.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Sep 5, 2013, 01:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dev wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 00:09:
I've also purchased from them.

Protip: This is a GREAT site:
http://isthereanydeal.com/

I've perused that site before... apparently quite awhile ago, it seems to have a lot more going for it now. I'll make a point of checking it more often, but it does seem... dangerous. I've been whittling down my sales games pile, but between these humble bundles and now Bundle Star, it's basically a lost cause.

Oh well, time to add dozens more titles to Steam.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
17. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Sep 4, 2013, 22:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 22:14:
I detest consoles and console gamers and what consoles have done to my beloved PS gaming world.. and having said that.. I preordered a PS4 Watchdog bundle
.. don't you dare judge me! I see that look.. and you too.. I see you as well. WHO THREW THAT?? honestly.. who throws a shoe?

I owned nothing but a PC since 1997, save for 2 months when I owned the xbox1..but I am jazzed for the PS4 and their library. Please still love me!

You are dead to us.

But seriously, isn't this game also coming out for pc? Or did they drop the PC version?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 4, 2013, 22:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Julio wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 17:56:
So what do Xbox players without an online connection buy after that?

Some paperback books, hopefully.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
15. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Sep 4, 2013, 21:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

A lot of awesomeness in this trailer, however in a live-game(as in, post retail release) situation, I can see the hacking intrusions getting WAY out of control, let alone people just jumping into your game and PKing you all over the place.

The last thing I want in my single player stealth/hacking game is a bunch of asshats trying to constantly hack my phone or run me over or whatever. I assume you can opt out of this random-join nonsense?

Also, this IS ubisoft, any word on the DRM for this game?

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2013, 21:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jivaro wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 18:49:
Bundle Stars is a great site, been around for some time and Blue has linked to them many times. I have purchased 3 bundles from them, no problems.

Excellent... now, are they located in the UK or Russia or something? Aka hidden transaction fees, or exchange fees, etc. ?

Hrm nevermind, found it, they are UK based. So a small credit card fee, thanks Mastercard/Visa collusion!

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2013, 17:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the FUCK!?! This is a great deal! However, I have never heard of bundle stars before today... I am assuming somebody on Bluesnews has used that site before? Odds are about 50-50 these days of any random bargain sale site being a Russian credit card vacuum or something.

The rest of you RTS junkies had best jump on this deal(assuming it's real) if you've never tried the Men of War series before.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November
18. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November Aug 31, 2013, 13:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell, did anybody watch the trailer on that site? What's with all the swooping in 3d views of areas? That seems like it would get old real quick.

I'm torn on getting this, I avoided buying BG1EE, as I have several versions of that already, Disc, Gog, etc. Same story for BG2EE, but some of the improvements, aside from the 3d camera panning intros, seem pretty nice.

Regardless, I'd have to wait for basic mod compatibility, so this can't be a day one purchase anyway. BG2 without Tactics and other extra/improved encounters is just boring.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
61. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 17:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

RaZ0r! wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 16:24:
I'll pass. Paths of Exile, Torchlight, Van Helsing, heck even Marvel Heroes is more fun in my opinion. Oh and I think I got Sacred 2 on sale....

I love me some Torchlight 2, but Van Helsing wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination. I reserve opinion on Path of Exile until they've finished all the acts, so far it seems promising, if a little too limited, skill wise. Marvel heroes.. seriously? Lol. Diablo 3 has numerous flaws but let's not get too crazy with the hyperbole.

I haven't had the urge to play Diablo 3 in months, it isn't even installed on any of my machines currently. However, these changes look promising. I'll probably try the expansion at some point, if I'm being honest. Blizzard at least has the money and staff to fix their game... eventually.

There is still Grim Dawn on the horizon, by the way, for my fellow ARPG enthusiasts.

News Comments > League of Legends Security Breach
1. Re: League of Legends Security Breach Aug 20, 2013, 22:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Lol!

Had to be done.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
6. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 20, 2013, 22:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Graphically impressive, will wait for some real gameplay trailers to decide.

I skipped Dragon Age 2 entirely, the demo put me to sleep. Somehow I suspect this will be simplified combat/small groups as well, because apparently humanity as a whole has become too stupid to control 4 pcs, let alone 6.

Laidlaw is still there, but the rest of Bioware seems to be gone. Such a shame.

News Comments > Titanfall Gameplay Trailer
3. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 20, 2013, 21:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, that looks awesome. Although the mechs seem pretty easily destroyed by random jetpack infantry with missile launchers... I can see it being pretty easy for a few guys with rpgs and some teamwork to blow up peoples' mechs from all the cover/buildings.

I'll definitely check this out when it hits retail.

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed
27. Re: BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed Aug 20, 2013, 21:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Panickd wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 19:19:
Sooo... every other MP game can get anti-cheat right but with the BF series we're supposed to "look for admins" because....? It's not a good enough game for that. Overlooking that massive, massive flaw and all the others is just too much for what is supposed to be a AAA game.

Every other MP game has anti-cheating done correctly? Are you serious? There are cheaters in EVERY game; the more popular the game, the more cheaters. It's an annoying aspect of online gaming that probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I could see the argument that client side hit detection makes cheating easier, but even if it was server side, there would still be cheaters. Look at CS and CS:S, Day of Defeat, Quake 1-3, you name it.

Punkbuster, as maligned as it is, bans thousands of people a month on average. Those that don't cheat egregiously are still pretty easy to spot, in my opinion, and there are enough BF3 servers (and eventually BF4) that you can just move to another game, if you can't just overcome them, which is usually doable anyway.

Don't get me wrong, cheat detection could be better, and ban waves could definitely happen more often, but what are you going to do, never play online games again because a cheater might join a server?

News Comments > BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed
26. Re: BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed Aug 20, 2013, 21:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fantaz wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 20:43:
yepp... $109.98 + tax to be exact. if it's like Dead Space 3 it will be $1 in a HumbleBundle after 6 months.

Hrm, one can only hope. I know BF3 is unpopular on bluesnews, but holy shit, that is easily the most fun I've had in multiplayer in quite some time. Conquest Large, of course. Armored Kill, Aftermath and Default maps. Any other mode... good luck.

I miss the days of FPS games without unlocks, but it seems that era is dead and gone. I don't think I'm ready to give up FPS games entirely, and I still really love driving the tanks/apcs/jeeps around, destroying everything on land, sea and air. There is a great deal of satisfaction to be had in shooting down jets and helos with the tank.

Based on my current playtime for BF3, $110 is still going to be significantly less than 50 cents an hour, so, even if I can't wait for a sale, I'm not going to sweat it that much. Besides, you can always make it back on Steam sales, Humble Bundles, GOG, GMG, Gamersgate etc.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Coming to Windows
6. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Coming to Windows Aug 20, 2013, 10:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

That map overlay on the ground 'in game' looks so sweet. E3 video as a whole was pretty interesting. I have not really done a ton of research on this game though... isn't this some sort of MMOFPS or something? The URL in the story is a little bit vague, "drop in and out coop" is all they say. 4 player? 16, 64? 100? etc.

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year?
8. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 19, 2013, 22:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I hope GFWL fades into obscurity, but I hope every studio is somehow able to scramble and patch together some workaround for their existing games that are infected with that crap.

I can't be the only one with a dozen or more Steam/Gamersgate/GMG sale titles sitting around that just got a(possible) time limit.

Once again, people will have to resort to downloading cracks to play their legitimately purchased games, gg failed DRM schemes.

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer
3. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer Aug 19, 2013, 22:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sigh, it's so sad that even in the relatively care free(I assume) arena of game critics, people either bow to pressure or the higher ups remove negative reviews.

It has happened before, but seriously, is this humanity? Even when something so inconsequential as an HONEST game review gets posted, does some corporation have to flex their muscle so much that it immediately gets retracted? Or Sterling's boss was so worried before he/she even got the angry phone call that it was pulled preemptively?

For the record, 3 man squads are a joke, hope this game fails.

ps. Get busy playing all your GFWL steam sale titles before July 1st!

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Videos
12. Re: Battlefield 4 Videos Aug 17, 2013, 18:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Pfft, the Battlefield series is just a ripoff of Battlezone 2... which was a ripoff of Battlezone 1 ! Injustice!

News Comments > Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer
17. Re: Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer Aug 16, 2013, 21:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Alamar wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 21:03:
The 'throwing skills' guy was the first char I played, and the only one fun enough to get through the game... After throwing shock knives that AOE on the target, moving to a blade/blunt weapon, or a gun seemed... weak...

-Alamar

Interesting. I got annoyed picking up thrown weapons after the first few fights, found Sam(the blunt guy?) a bit too easy, the Korean edged weapons girl even more overpowered, and finally settled on the gun woman. She probably had the weakest skill tree, but I ended up jump kicking/headstomping 80% of the enemies anyway, and unloading firepower only on minibosses/bosses.

Hopefully Dying Light doesn't end up promoting the jump kick/headstomp combo too much, but I feel they won't get away from weapon degradation and extremely limited ammo, even though neither of those mechanics are fun to a certain percentage of players. If that ends up being the case, I'll be kicking the brains out of another 40,000 zombies or so in this game.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer
11. Re: Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer Aug 16, 2013, 18:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

I played through the entire Dead Island campaign, even though it got a little grindy for my tastes, mostly due to zombies respawning in areas you just cleared as you make your way back.

The free running aspects seem pretty fun, the graphics look vastly improved, I'll probably at least try this on a Steam sale or something. Although Warner Bros is involved, this may end up being cursed with GFWL.

Hopefully this time the character powers aren't so horribly balanced... did anybody actually play the throwing skills guy in Dead Island?

1335 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo