Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1235 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2013, 04:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jivaro wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 01:11:
Wait..you read a book, liked it, saw they made a movie out of it....and actually expected the movie to be true to the book? You have a better chance of seeing a unicorn in your backyard.

Actually I'm boycotting the movie, the previews showed that it was far enough away from the source material to be something else entirely. Maybe I will Netflix it eventually. Still, I was hoping for shocked outrage in thousands of theaters across the globe, as fans of the novel who somehow missed all the previews, stood up in their seats, tears streaming down their faces, as they cried out in protest.

There is different from the book, and then there is "we took the name, and nothing else."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2013, 00:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 22:35:
Happy Birthday to Quake! Lot of fond memories there...

Saw World War Z today, and it wasn't bad at all. Might have been that I went in with very low expectations.

Did anyone in the audience throw their hands up in the air and scream how they butchered the novel? No?

*Throws his hands up in the air, "They BUTCHERED THE NOVEL!"

Or they basically took the name of the novel and nothing else.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2013, 00:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

ViRGE wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 18:31:
It's been 17 years since Quake 1? Way to make us feel old, Blue.

Exactly. I remember when this site was just basically Netquake and QWTF news, and TF was that 'new' mod.

I've surprisingly gotten LESS paranoid and actually have an account here now though.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Spectator Mode Video
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Mode Video Jun 21, 2013, 01:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

LittleMe wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 00:22:
Awesome. Huge plus over BF3. Maybe it needs a 5-10 min delay to minimize cheating with it.

Most games do a 90 second delay with Spectator mode at the most, although there doesn't appear to be any delay in that build of BF4 they are using.

Ghosting assholes will be a problem in any game with spectator mode, but I'd rather have that relatively minor negative along with the many positives spectator mode brings.

News Comments > The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Full Combat Rebalance 2 Mod
1. Re: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Full Combat Rebalance 2 Mod Jun 20, 2013, 21:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting, but mega balance mods like this always have something that makes me hold off from installing them. The change they have about zero experience from kills, only from quests, seems HUGE. I understand the reasoning, but that seems potentially game breaking.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mac Payne 3
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mac Payne 3 Jun 20, 2013, 21:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Mac" Payne 3, heheheheoahhehahaho  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Spectator Mode Video
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Mode Video Jun 20, 2013, 21:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy SHIT. About fucking time, this should HOPEFULLY cut down on the massive cheat fest that BF3 is sometimes. There shouldn't be people killing the enemy team with ammo and med packs from across the map on every other server, let alone the more subtle cheaters.

Aside from all that, it'll be great for people to spec me while I demolish in Tanks/MAA, or for me to spec the jet whores.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Nine
4. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Eight Jun 20, 2013, 04:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well shit, it's about time something amazing happened to the MMO scene, instead of yet another rehash of WoW.

Hopefully EQ Next lives up to this NDA hampered hype, I am leaning towards another MMO stretch these days.

Speaking of mmorpg.com, and I'm sure other sites, Bungie's Destiny looks pretty nice also, at least graphically. Seems like a cleaned up version of Borderlands, but then again I put about 300+ hours into BL1 and 2. Hopefully the consoles don't block the PC version for too long.

ArcheAge Online, if they actually do everything they are claiming well, it should be amazing. Good luck though, the feature list seems ridiculous. Also, the insane Korean grind is no doubt present in every one of the game mechanics.

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC & Preorder Bonus Plans
11. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC & Preorder Bonus Plans Jun 19, 2013, 14:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks fairly interesting, but loses points in my opinion for small three person party and DLC plans despite it having been in development for like 5 years.

Bargain bin for the GotY/Full version, most likely.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed
4. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 13:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 11:50:
I agree completely and I would certainly compare this game to the movie Drive. It has similar music and a high level of violence. I haven't seen The Place Beyond the Pines, yet, but I soon will.

I'm looking forward to HM2.

Another Hotline Miami fan here, but fair warning, The Place Beyond the Pines is a different sort of film entirely from Drive. It's well done, but it definitely had misleading previews. I enjoyed TPBtP, but I enjoyed Drive far more.

News Comments > UK Sales Charts
4. Re: UK Sales Charts Jun 17, 2013, 18:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, that's some crazy praise, and on this jaded gamers' forum? !?

I do own a PC, I'll keep an eye on the prices for this game. A few too many games on my plate already, but if it's that amazing I'll add it eventually.

*EDIT* err, I own a PS3, in addition to a PC.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2013, 14:11.

News Comments > Dota 2 This Summer
17. Re: Dota 2 This Summer Jun 17, 2013, 15:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Xero wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 14:18:
I feel like DOTA's concept was Warcraft 3 for idiots. It lets you play and focus in on the hero aspect without all that micro control in between. I loved Warcraft 3 to death but honestly cannot find enough fun in controlling JUST a hero. Wc3 had the perfect balance of hero/unit/base building. Controlling just a hero is fun...once in a while.

This sums up the DotA genre nicely, although it probably sounds harsh. On the other end of the spectrum, Supreme Commander Forged Alliance has been on sale a couple of times this year already, for those of you who still don't have it.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion EMEA Release
4. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion EMEA Release Jun 17, 2013, 15:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 13:31:
Anyone get this? What's it like? I dig most 4Xers, but I don't like the insanely deep micromanaging some of that type have...

SoaSE Rebellion is one of my favorite games, and the micro requirement is pretty low to be honest. As NegaDeath said, all the game systems are pretty straightforward, you can only build so many structures on any planet/location, research trees are pretty obvious and very few research items have any serious negative tradeoffs. The biggest concern in research is time required, and order of need.

Great micro will benefit you, particularly vs human players, if you can coordinate a couple attacks simultaneously on different systems while building up your planets, but you can get along with horrible micro pretty easily. Bare minimum requirement is targeting Capital ship/Titan abilities, but even these can mostly be set to autocast.

Macromanagement concerns aren't that overwhelming either in my opinion. Build up Defenses at choke point worlds, manage your economy, manage crystal/metal supplies, bribe or fight pirates.

This game has been on sale on Steam a couple times now, I recommend you(the plural you, for all of humanity ) check it out with the next sale at the very least.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha
23. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 15, 2013, 00:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

ugh, people really are buying this 90 dollar version. Steam is for the SALES, people, not paying extra.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha
19. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 14, 2013, 23:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dev wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 22:57:
And yet this is the 3rd best selling item on steam right now, ahead of skyrim.

Where are you getting that data?

This indicates otherwise?

Although maybe there is a more up to date list somewhere...

News Comments > RIFT Free-to-Play Begins
1. Re: RIFT Free-to-Play Begins Jun 12, 2013, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, assuming there isn't some utter nonsense like no storage space or whatever without the cash shop, I may finally try Rift.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Trailers
20. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailers Jun 11, 2013, 07:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 06:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 23:57:
And graphically it doesn't seem all that different from BF3...
My thoughts exactly, looked the same as BF3.
I am sure there are changes to the destruction model and what not but this game here wowed me in terms of graphics and destruction model: http://youtu.be/F5k7LUcphmw

BF4 not so much, but I am sure it will be a fun game to play anyways.

The Division, first I've heard of that game, looks pretty interesting. Too bad it's Ubisoft, so I am sure the DRM will be ridiculous.

I am not sure why you guys are bashing this BF4 video so much, it's obviously a semi-scripted demo of the map and some new multiplayer aspects, not a raw multiplayer gameplay video. It looks awesome, by the way. Knife kill counter, vehicles spawning from other vehicles(the jet skis), the scale of the destructible skyskraper, Commander-artillery, seemingly toned down flashlight/laser, etc.

Not sure how lame it'll be on an actual server for people to blow up portions of the roads and trap tanks like that, but I have seen enough of BF4 to at least get me interested.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 9, 2013, 17:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

So. The waiting game begins anew... for Skyrim Legendary Edition to drop down to around 9.99.  

News Comments > "Major" Path of Exile Patch Next Week
10. Re: Jun 1, 2013, 10:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ooh, nice. I have been playing this beta on and off, but the loot system up until now has made me want to avoid public groups. Preset loot rules will help out a lot.

A respec will help too since most of my builds are laughable.

News Comments > One Billion Hours of BF3
3. Re: One Billion Hours of BF3 May 25, 2013, 17:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

This headline isn't that surprising, I've been playing BF3 on and off since release, and I have just broken 220 hours. However I have seen several people with over Three THOUSAND hours, and one guy so far with over four thousand. Over a thousand hours seems to be quite common for the level 100 Colonels.

I don't see how people even have the free time to do that sort of thing, even if you are too young to have to work at a real job, that seems mind boggling.

BF3 multiplayer is still great; tanks, tank destroyers, mobile AA are still addictive as hell to me to use, and with a new HD 7970 3gb, I can actually play infantry on the Aftermath maps with a decent framerate.

The game has numerous flaws, but nothing that prevents random Conquest pubs from being insane amounts of fun, honestly. The cheaters seem to stick mostly to TDM and Metro stat whoring.

1235 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo