Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1150 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > THQ Sale Results?
34. Re: THQ Sale Results? Jan 23, 2013, 18:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

AdamK47 wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 18:04:
Prez wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 17:49:
The preliminary sales list actually doesn't look terrible. Sega acquiring Relic is especially hopeful to me, since it was Sega that published part of the "Total War" series, which is hardcore strategy. That at least seems hopeful for a possible Homeworld 3.

I just read on Relicnews.com that Sega only bought the CoH IP. Hope that isn't true. That would mean no more Homeworld, ever.

Well, Relic had moved away from good RTS games anyway. Their focus is on smaller squad based, very little to no building games, ie. DoW 2 and CoH 2. I think Homeworld was a dead series even if this sale didn't happen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Chris Taylor on GPG, Wildman, and Publishers
4. Re: Chris Taylor on GPG, Wildman, and Publishers Jan 23, 2013, 01:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

The games industry sounds more and more like a HORRIBLE place to work, unless you are somehow independently wealthy and can make any project you want without fear.

This is more of an example of the humanity-wide problem of clueless managers in charge of technical projects that they have no real understanding of, most importantly the time required to actually put something together that isn't complete garbage.

Chris Taylor seems like a nice guy who is just going to continually get chewed up by soulless managers/publishers. Unfortunately I don't like the very little shown about Wildman so far, it seems like exactly the wrong time to do any sort of ARPG no matter what other genres it includes. I don't plan on contributing to the Kickstarter at this point.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 22, 2013, 13:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bodolza wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 13:36:
Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 12:05:
Anyway, this really needs to become classified as a crime.

If posting pictures (that you own) of people without their explicit permission became a crime, it would instantly kill Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, and any other photo sharing site.

Say good-bye to news magazines as well.

Excellent. Proceed with this new law immediately!

News Comments > Free Primal Carnage with EVGA Graphics Cards
2. Re: Free Primal Carnage with EVGA Graphics Cards Jan 22, 2013, 13:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

This clever marketing scheme just tipped the scales, placing an order for a GTX 690 immediately!

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
36. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 13:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

avianflu wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 12:39:
They had a shopping mall level in the 2nd one. On a spaceship. A shopping mall level.

To be fair, the shopping mall was on the space station, not the ship. It was supposed to be substantially larger than the ships, and have some civilian types and their families.

But yes, Dead Space 2 is basically Dead Space 1.5. I still thought it was pretty good though.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic
9. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 10:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, yet another killer CG from Blizzard.

Too bad the Terran player in her dream was horrible!

No bunkers, poor micro, etc.

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
9. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 10:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh god dammit. Well, not really surprising I guess, but depressing. I really enjoyed the first two Dead Space games, port issues aside. I had been looking forward to Dead Space 3 until this microtransaction nonsense.

Way to ruin a franchise, Visceral/EA.

News Comments > ME3 N7 Armor in Dead Space 3
1. Re: ME3 N7 Armor in Dead Space 3 Jan 22, 2013, 07:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am tempted to use the classic: "and not a single fuck was given" but I am sure there is a small demographic squealing with glee over this kind of thing.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 21, 2013, 22:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not that I am against the Stealth Bastard guys making some money, but isn't that game still a free download? Legally, I mean:

Version 1.10 here

I assume the Steam version is a more up to date version.

*EDIT* Ah the Steam version is Stealth Bastard Deluxe.

News Comments > Warface Closed Beta Underway
12. Re: Warface Closed Beta Underway Jan 17, 2013, 16:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

11 Posts, and not a single, "Show me your WARFACE! RAAAAAAGH!" quote?

For shame.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
29. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 16, 2013, 22:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

People are getting upset about the wrong thing here.

Dead Island's promo trailer was flat out amazing. Unfortunately the game was nothing like the trailer.

Never forget this horrible crime!

For the record I bought Dead Island on sale for like 5 bucks, still haven't finished it. I plan on getting around to it eventually.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines
25. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Thus the countdown begins, to a 9.99 Steam sale.

News Comments > Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman
24. Re: Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman Jan 14, 2013, 18:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Like most, I'm a bit ARPG'd out at this point, especially with Grim Dawn and open PoE on the horizon.

However,

jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 15:53:
Uber Entertainment already Kickstarted the new SupCom, it's called Planetary Annihilation.

GG. I had not heard of this, and it looks like they far exceeded their funding. Hopefully that game turns out alright, in the NEAR future.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 17:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow. People, stop buying Skyrim, so it can drop in price enough for ME to consider buying Skyrim.

Same for Far Cry 3, although I assume that won't stay at its regular price anywhere near as long as Skyrim.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend
7. Re: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 02:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

If you have a functioning drop rate mod, please post it to mediafire filefront or whatever the current non-DoJ hammered web based file sharing service is.

News Comments > Ravaged Free Weekend
3. Re: Ravaged Free Weekend Jan 12, 2013, 02:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Played this free weekend a bit today, it was borderline unplayable with 60 ping and almost no graphics options turned on. As in, running at 15fps when only two or three other people were around.

Also the vehicles seemed to handle EXTREMELY poorly, compared to BF3 or Rage.

3-1 kill ratio though, as apparently everybody on every server just started playing in the past day or two.

This could be an interesting game in like a year if they fix whatever horrible netcode/processing issue is going on. Apparently it performs even worse in SLI/Crossfire.

Back to BF3 for my vehicle based FPS gaming for the near future.

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Founder Editions Released
7. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Founder Editions Released Jan 9, 2013, 13:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, how far Ironclad has fallen. Sins of a Solar Empire series was great, too bad they went this route instead of making a real SoaSE 2.

MOBA = crap for people who can't/won't play RTS games.

News Comments > GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues
42. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 20:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 14:54:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 14:50:
*EDIT*
Hrm what is different with this one: OEM White?

Are the buttons basically the same? I don't have an Xbox so these different versions look the same to me aside from color.

$19.42, getting cheaper!

*EDIT*

It's not made by Microsoft. It looks the same, but who knows about the quality. Seeing as how it has no reviews, it would seem few people feel comfy in buying one.

Creston

Bunch of cowards on Newegg!

I am going to guinea pig it and buy one of each. The urge to compare first hand is irresistible.

I have various consoley games bought during sales that are an assault on the Keyboard/Mouse anyway, it's probably time.

*EDIT* Wtf, went to go see Django Unchained, got back, all the Xbox360 controllers on newegg except the suspect one are out of stock.

ps. got an overdose of racial slurs from D.U. also, but pretty decent film regardless.

11. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 14:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 14:46:
Newegg is currently selling the 360 controller for 32 bucks and free shipping. (At least it was last Saturday when I ordered another one.)

They're pretty pricey, but imo worth it. The 360 is a great controller, and if you're on Win7 it just works right out of the box. (don't bother buying the Windows version, as all it does is come with a driver disc. Just buy the wired 360 version. Plug and go!)

Creston

Ah, totally forgot about Newegg. I am Amazon-centric these days it seems. $32 Newegg, we have a winner.

*EDIT*
Hrm what is different with this one: OEM White?

Are the buttons basically the same? I don't have an Xbox so these different versions look the same to me aside from color.

$19.42, getting cheaper!

*EDIT*

8. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 14:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

I want to try Dark Souls, it sounds interesting. $18 on amazon or $19.99 on Steam right now, the problem is I don't have a controller for my PC.

Looking around online, the xbox360 controller for PC is $50-60... is it worth it to even buy this game if the controller required to play it is basically the cost of a brand new game? Opinions please. Obviously once I HAD the controller I could consider other consolish games, but still.

At the very least am I missing some cheap controller source?

*EDIT* Ok found one as low as $36, will continue the search. How bad is Dark Souls with Keyboard/Mouse? *EDIT*

ps. Bought entirely too much off gog.com the past few weeks.

1150 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo