Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1245 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > EA: "We will continue to support Darkspore"
4. Re: EA: Jul 1, 2013, 17:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks like the previous Darkspore forum post was from some developer fed up with the state of affairs, and now this is the Company Line Statement. (tm)

That earlier message was probably a little too close to the truth for comfort.

PS. Darkspore is a horrible game, I played the beta briefly and was shockingly underwhelmed. Kudos to whoever posted that earlier message though!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Jul 1, 2013, 15:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have some fond memories of EQ too, but I think nostalgia is coloring a lot of views here. So many of the mechanics in EQ were ridiculously lame when you step back and view them objectively; sure it's funny to think back to the HUNDREDS of hours people spent camping a Beholder Bag(0 weight bag monks needed) or the weak SoW boots or any of the other insane camps that most people felt were required to play, but the monotony of that shit needs to be remembered too.

I had definitely more social interaction in EQ than WoW, probably partially because of the downtime, but surely there are other ways to encourage that then just making the actual game mind numbingly boring? Doesn't anybody else remember looking at their spellbook for basically hours, and wondering what the fuck they were doing? Towards the point I finally wised up and quit EQ, obviously.

Everybody should realize that the days of super hard MMOs are most likely over, because any upcoming MMO will be designed to gather as many players as possible, and milk them as long as possible, like a good parasitic entity should. Most players as possible of course equals streamlined/easy gameplay.

EQNext is being hyped up as revolutionary, and I hope it is, but somehow I suspect it'll be nothing special when we finally see it.

News Comments > Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned?
24. Re: Darkspore Off Steam; Abandoned? Jul 1, 2013, 15:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Jul 1, 2013, 14:24:
And which games have also done this beside Titan Quest: Immortal Throne? (and that didn't even become unplayable, it just became really fucking annoying to play. Good news though: The bug apparently made it safely back into Grim Dawn!)

Creston

? I know we're getting a bit off topic here, but what Titan Quest bug was this? I put easily 200+ hours into TQ:IT, with no issues. Having some game breaking/seriously annoying engine based issue in Grim Dawn would be.. grim news...

Unless you mean that rubber banding thing?

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
8. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 27, 2013, 23:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 22:52:
I played it enough after patch 1.08 released to hit Paragon 38 which only took a week or so of casual grinding to make Inferno Machines. What blew my socks off was the fact that I sold a nearly perfect Leoric ring on the RMAH for $3 and bought more gold than I would ever likely farm on my own.

Once you get that much gold and given how easy it can be to get there thanks to selling shit on the RMAH, you've essentially beat the game and nothing ever becomes an 'ohhhh shiny' moment. For about 100m gold, I decked out my Barbarian to around 225k DPS and got to the point where I can walk over mobs in high MP games.

I essentially bought myself out of enjoying the game.

I am sorry you had to go through that. It's a pretty common story that I hear related to D3. That's why I never used the RMAH, and only used the GAH to buy some cheap Blacksmith plans, I knew it'd ruin the game for me. Of course my characters all look like they are without the AH, their gear is mostly trash, hehe. I do plan on going back to at least check out D3 after the next patch, but I'm honestly getting more enjoyment out of fiddling with TL2 these days, for my ARPG fix.

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
3. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 27, 2013, 21:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

I wonder who is actually playing D3 right now... even if you aren't bored to death, it's pointless to play before patch 1.09(assuming it comes out in our lifetimes) when they do the re-itemization.

There are tens of thousands of bots of course, but I can't picture living people still in D3 at this point. This is dead time for that game.

News Comments > Beamdog: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Pulled By Atari
6. Re: Beamdog: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Pulled By Atari Jun 25, 2013, 21:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 21:35:
I know that the usual tards are going to blame this on Atari but what I am really asking myself is how stupid does Beamdog have to be?
With a loaded IP like Baldur's Gate how did they NOT get a written letter of consent from every single party that's been involved with the IP before beginning any work on enhancing anything at all?

That should have been the first order of the day during the planning phase. Cover your bases. All of them. Get written letters of consent and waiver declarations with regard to any legal pursuit of copyright violations or infringement. Get 'em from Atari, from WotC, from Infogrames (= Atari EU), from BioWare, from Obsidian, from Interplay, every-fucking-one. Then, and only then, start working on enhancing BG.
It is outright astounding or actually plain dumb that they apparently failed at legally securing their work properly. WTF?

Agreed, but as we don't have the entire story, maybe Atari is pulling some loophole bullshit because they didn't like the slice of the pie they agreed to before Overhaul started working on the EE versions.

I can't picture a group of supposedly veteran developers(mostly ex-Bioware guys from the old days) NOT getting the basic legal work done beforehand, but who knows.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate III Battling Through "Legal Hell"?
28. Re: Baldur's Gate III Battling Through Jun 24, 2013, 18:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Drayth wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 14:13:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 12:24:
Soo... who's Beamdog again? Which RPG luminaries work there? What makes them qualified to make BG3? At this point, a third BG would be redundant anyway because Obsidian is making Project Eternity.

The majority of their staff (including the founders) are ex-Bioware employees who worked on BG1 and 2. It's the reason Bioware was willing to let them have a stab at all this.

Are you sure? I thought the majority of the BG1 and 2 people are either retired, dead, still at Bioware, or now at Obsidian?

Hrm after a little googling, apparently you are correct. Trent Oster, founder of Beamdog/Overhaul Software, former Bioware employee. Several other people at Overhaul, former Bioware employees. Probably forced out by the shitfest that EA made Bioware into, well I wish them luck in their legal mess.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate III Battling Through "Legal Hell"?
16. Re: Baldur's Gate III Battling Through Jun 24, 2013, 13:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jerykk wrote on Jun 24, 2013, 12:24:
Soo... who's Beamdog again? Which RPG luminaries work there? What makes them qualified to make BG3? At this point, a third BG would be redundant anyway because Obsidian is making Project Eternity.

Exactly. NOTHING qualifies them to make BG3, god dammit. The audacity of these fuckers astounds me. Particularly when their reused BG1/BG2 tech addons were mediocre at best.

Looking forward to Project Eternity, one of the few kickstarters I actually contributed to.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 23, 2013, 17:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, regular skyrim is back in the top 10, or is that the Legendary version? Need I reiterate: Stop buying Skyrim, people.

Also, "Dead Island:Riptide" is misspelled, Blue.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Eleven
5. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Ten Jun 23, 2013, 14:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

"cloud processing" rofl.

I can't wait for the cloud craze to pass, seriously.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2013, 04:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jivaro wrote on Jun 23, 2013, 01:11:
Wait..you read a book, liked it, saw they made a movie out of it....and actually expected the movie to be true to the book? You have a better chance of seeing a unicorn in your backyard.

Actually I'm boycotting the movie, the previews showed that it was far enough away from the source material to be something else entirely. Maybe I will Netflix it eventually. Still, I was hoping for shocked outrage in thousands of theaters across the globe, as fans of the novel who somehow missed all the previews, stood up in their seats, tears streaming down their faces, as they cried out in protest.

There is different from the book, and then there is "we took the name, and nothing else."

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2013, 00:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 22:35:
Happy Birthday to Quake! Lot of fond memories there...

Saw World War Z today, and it wasn't bad at all. Might have been that I went in with very low expectations.

Did anyone in the audience throw their hands up in the air and scream how they butchered the novel? No?

*Throws his hands up in the air, "They BUTCHERED THE NOVEL!"

Or they basically took the name of the novel and nothing else.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2013, 00:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

ViRGE wrote on Jun 22, 2013, 18:31:
It's been 17 years since Quake 1? Way to make us feel old, Blue.

Exactly. I remember when this site was just basically Netquake and QWTF news, and TF was that 'new' mod.

I've surprisingly gotten LESS paranoid and actually have an account here now though.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Spectator Mode Video
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Mode Video Jun 21, 2013, 01:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

LittleMe wrote on Jun 21, 2013, 00:22:
Awesome. Huge plus over BF3. Maybe it needs a 5-10 min delay to minimize cheating with it.

Most games do a 90 second delay with Spectator mode at the most, although there doesn't appear to be any delay in that build of BF4 they are using.

Ghosting assholes will be a problem in any game with spectator mode, but I'd rather have that relatively minor negative along with the many positives spectator mode brings.

News Comments > The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Full Combat Rebalance 2 Mod
1. Re: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Full Combat Rebalance 2 Mod Jun 20, 2013, 21:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting, but mega balance mods like this always have something that makes me hold off from installing them. The change they have about zero experience from kills, only from quests, seems HUGE. I understand the reasoning, but that seems potentially game breaking.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mac Payne 3
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mac Payne 3 Jun 20, 2013, 21:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Mac" Payne 3, heheheheoahhehahaho  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Spectator Mode Video
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Mode Video Jun 20, 2013, 21:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy SHIT. About fucking time, this should HOPEFULLY cut down on the massive cheat fest that BF3 is sometimes. There shouldn't be people killing the enemy team with ammo and med packs from across the map on every other server, let alone the more subtle cheaters.

Aside from all that, it'll be great for people to spec me while I demolish in Tanks/MAA, or for me to spec the jet whores.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Nine
4. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Eight Jun 20, 2013, 04:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well shit, it's about time something amazing happened to the MMO scene, instead of yet another rehash of WoW.

Hopefully EQ Next lives up to this NDA hampered hype, I am leaning towards another MMO stretch these days.

Speaking of mmorpg.com, and I'm sure other sites, Bungie's Destiny looks pretty nice also, at least graphically. Seems like a cleaned up version of Borderlands, but then again I put about 300+ hours into BL1 and 2. Hopefully the consoles don't block the PC version for too long.

ArcheAge Online, if they actually do everything they are claiming well, it should be amazing. Good luck though, the feature list seems ridiculous. Also, the insane Korean grind is no doubt present in every one of the game mechanics.

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC & Preorder Bonus Plans
11. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified DLC & Preorder Bonus Plans Jun 19, 2013, 14:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks fairly interesting, but loses points in my opinion for small three person party and DLC plans despite it having been in development for like 5 years.

Bargain bin for the GotY/Full version, most likely.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed
4. Re: Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number Revealed Jun 19, 2013, 13:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 11:50:
I agree completely and I would certainly compare this game to the movie Drive. It has similar music and a high level of violence. I haven't seen The Place Beyond the Pines, yet, but I soon will.

I'm looking forward to HM2.

Another Hotline Miami fan here, but fair warning, The Place Beyond the Pines is a different sort of film entirely from Drive. It's well done, but it definitely had misleading previews. I enjoyed TPBtP, but I enjoyed Drive far more.

1245 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo