Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2114 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeons 2 in April
4. Re: Dungeons 2 in April Feb 20, 2015, 14:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looking pretty good, and obviously looking much more Dungeon Keeperish than Dungeons 1.

This is still on my wish list, hopefully it turns out to be a good homage to DK1 and 2; those are two of my favorite games, all time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview
5. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 19, 2015, 22:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 22:16:

They're adding and tweaking non-set legendary powers all the time. I think the problem with that (why it's so slow going) is that you do have to take the time and test it and how it interacts with everything else, whereas with sets you can narrow down those test cases because you're ensuring each of those powers is only coming into play when you have multiple specific pieces.

Taking the Marauder DH for example, you only have a handful of variations for that build because to use its full potential requires 5 of the main slots being filled by the set. You don't have to worry about Magefist + Cindercoat being OP in that situation, because it's not possible for your turrets to fire your spenders with only 4 pieces of the set. Wizards can integrate that non-set combo into the Firebird build, but only at the cost of not being able to use a two-handed weapon. And so on.

There are a variety of lore and gameplay reasons as to why they would want sets to be flat-out better than a variety of regular legendaries, though. Easier to balance is just one of them.

I know what you're getting at, but I disagree entirely that there should be balance attempts in a glorified single player game. They should throw powers on EVERY legendary, crazy strong powers, and just let the game flow. Players SHOULD be able to create stupidly strong, broken builds, without using 5 piece set + RoRG.

My opinion, no doubt in the minority of course.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 21:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

District 9 sequel? NOoooo, don't curse the world with such a request!

That movie is awesome because they don't really dig too deep into what's going to happen afterwards, aka the alien shuttle going back into space, the ghetto aliens scrabbling around, there is no in depth exploration of the racism/speciesism(?) of the south africans towards the aliens, etc. etc.

It'd be like the matrix sequels, the shiny newness worn off and explained into the ground. I get the sense that Bloomkamp knows that, and will never make a sequel, unless they drive dump trucks full of cash up to his house or something.

*EDIT* Also, Prometheus' plot is just too ridiculous. Visually gorgeous film, but my god, the writing... there is no defense.

News Comments > Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview
2. Re: Diablo III Version 2.2.0 Preview Feb 19, 2015, 20:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

From the little info they do have, they seem to be doubling down on sets and set bonuses for some reason.

That's just going to make even more regular legendaries pointless...they should really be trying to buff non-set legendaries so people can actually achieve similar power levels with good combos, WITHOUT sets.

Blizzard's WoW mentality is apparently contagious.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 14:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

InBlack wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 09:42:
nin wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 09:20:
Deadpool Just Cast Firefly's Morena Baccarin, Get The Details.

Domino!

And holy shit on that Alien news...made my week!

Fuck yeah, and with Bloomkamp at the helm it might not even suck. Let's just hope they don't stick a PG13 rating on it....

Ah, gorgeous Morena Baccarin, she was great in Firefly and Homeland. I wonder if they might just make her a new character though, Domino doesn't make a ton of sense(more of a Cable support char), and Copycat is pretty boring.

Bloomkamp is extremely talented... I don't always like how his stories end, but I can't see him doing a worse job than Alien 4, or the AvP movie, or the travesty that Prometheus ended up being.

*EDIT* Whoops, spelling.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2015, 21:23.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
4. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 12:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nostalgia overload! I already gave in and pre-ordered a few weeks ago; this remaster looks better every time I see videos of it.

I hear they changed how fighters work in HW1, to be more like HW2... I wonder if that'll upset the gameplay at all. I remember storming through Homeworld 1 with basically just capital ships and frigates, almost no corvettes or fighters, as they seemed like a complete waste of resources in most missions.

News Comments > Greg Zeschuk Returns to Games
1. Re: Greg Zeschuk Returns to Games Feb 19, 2015, 12:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

To me, that sounds like a ridiculous product. I am sure he will be a billionaire from it though within like 5 years. GG, humanity.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 18, 2015, 23:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jeff Vogel is the man. He definitely covers and recovers a lot of the same ground, but I have to respect him and Spiderweb. Hopefully he pays his contracted artists well.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans
5. Re: Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans Feb 18, 2015, 21:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

warmbluelasers wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 20:22:
Does this pack include a 3x scope for my knife?

I know you are joking, but the bipod knife(now a real thing, thanks BFF!) in BF4 has set the bar for great knife addons. A scope would be hilarious.

That said, not buying Hardline until it's like $9.99 or so, if at all.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Hand of Fate
3. Re: Ship Ahoy - Hand of Fate Feb 18, 2015, 13:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

A couple reviews on Gog.com seem to indicate it gets a bit repetitive, but all the videos of it look really good. It's added to my Steam/Gog sale list.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Feb 17, 2015, 22:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Any of you guys that bought the Sega bundle, how much do you like/hate the interface? Reading some of the Amazon reviews, apparently the interface is terrible?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 17, 2015, 21:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Clearly SWATting is fucking dangerous and shows real character flaws, but I did find it interesting how easy these jackasses were able to con paypal or amazon employees into giving up personal information.

Social Engineering is alive and well apparently. You would think that would be day 1, don't give random callers information they should already have. If they don't, red flag.

*EDIT* Also apparently all of these SWATters are white as hell. Any non-white person would know there's a real chance the police are going to shoot first and question your dead body later.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2015, 21:39.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 17, 2015, 00:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 19:34:
1. Never, ever name your product "Grifter"

2. 65,000 is nowhere near what is required to fund this.

3. A modular gamepad that snaps together will survive approximately 60 seconds of heavy duty gaming.

4. Never, ever name your product "Grifter"

Yeah, "Grifta" seems like an ominous naming choice, but I like their idea. I have to wonder why their KS amount is so low though, but then again how expensive is injection molded plastic anyway? I am sure they plan on getting these built by basically slave labor in China or something, so maybe that figure is reasonable.

Early adopters need to jump on this immediately, I'll be in for Grifta 2.0.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 16, 2015, 12:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 15:01:
I didn't care for BB, but Saul was a great character.

You didn't care for Breaking Bad? HERESY.

Also, Better Call Saul seems to be a great show, through the first 2 episodes at least.

News Comments > Steam & Dota 2 Records
2. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 12:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

1 million+ for DotA 2, 3 million+ for LoL? Wow, talk about bad taste, younger gaming community.

get off my lawn.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Wasteland 2 Patch 6 Feb 14, 2015, 00:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, that is literally a shitload of bug fixes. Nice work, inXile.  

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
14. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 13, 2015, 22:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Poor Peter Molyneux, his idealistic, overly optimistic view on things is not meshing well with modern internet journalism's rabid dissection of every SINGLE word a person has ever said in their lives.

I have no interest in Godus, but get a grip people, this is hardly the first Kickstarter or crowd funding project to fail to meet expectations.

People need to stop funding Kickstarters with the idea that the project is a sure thing. Most of them are going to fail outright, or end up as crap, just like traditional funding methods.

News Comments > Dying Light Tops U.S. January Sales
1. Re: Dying Light Tops U.S. January Sales Feb 13, 2015, 22:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, that's great for Techland, and potentially terrible for my machiavellian strategy of buying it on sale, soon, for $9.99 or less.

Seriously, congrats Techland.

Steam sale buyers, prepare to shed a tear.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
74. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 20:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

DukeFNukem wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 18:14:
Life savings vaccines that have never killed anybody right? That's why the government has granted full-immunity from any lawsuits against drug companies that produce vaccines that might kill a few people. What's a few innocently slaughtered people if we are savings millions, yes? But we won't file those deaths under manslaughter, we'll just call it, "taking one for the team".

By the way, what are your credentials? You seem to be above all that you speak to. And please tell me why you are so against getting knowledge from a video, or an article on the internet...where do you get your knowledge...out of all the crackerjacks that you buy?

By the way the hipster comment was an insult that went over your head. The implication was that your just running with popular opinion. And to use your grammar, Fuck, anybody can do that.

Clearly the popular and hip opinion these days is to not vaccinate. Thus your joke failed utterly.

In matters of science, such as this, yes, I do recommend you avoid random youtube videos or anything that isn't an actual peer-reviewed study. Popular opinion, such as the current belief that autism is somehow caused by vaccines, is incorrect. There is no debate on that topic. If you would actually read some verified studies on vaccines(peer-reviewed) you would see there is no link to autism, no danger of mercury or cancer or whatever other scare tactic you have read about that has no factual basis in reality.

I am amazed you keep bringing up the dangers of vaccines, which are statistically far lower than pretty much anything in medicine or the world in general. You are far, far more likely to slip and fall in your shower and die, than suffer any sort of vaccine mishap. Does that mean no one has EVER died from a vaccine? No. Do people die all the time from routine medical procedures? Unfortunately, yes. Does that mean you should just hide in your house, in bubble wrap, for the rest of your life? Well that's up to you. There are no guarantees in life.

The only reason millions of people worldwide aren't dying or being crippled each year by smallpox, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, etc. is due to vaccination programs. Even with those vaccines, hundreds of thousands still die preventable deaths, avoidable if only more people had been vaccinated. Are vaccinations the perfect solution? No, unfortunately a small portion of the population is going to have an adverse reaction to them, up to and including death. Are they the best mankind currently has? Yes.

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 12, 2015, 17:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

That Diablo 3 talk is hilariously depressing. Rarely have I seen developers that focused on the least important parts of a game, utterly ignoring their actual players' concerns.

Oh poor D3, how great you would be as a modded game.

2114 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo