Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1602 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2014, 12:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ouch. That'll teach those people to dare to go to a Siberian beach. Hopefully nobody got seriously injured.

Well played, meteorologists.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 13, 2014, 12:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Congrats Larian Studios(Divinity:Original Sin).

Boo, humanity, for still buying DayZ, and Goat Simulator.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 13, 2014, 12:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, After Reset's Kickstarter at least seems to have all the correct buzzwords and influences, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1 and 2.

According to their webpage they at least have some artists and one programmer.

Total games made before this, zero. Good luck to them, assuming this isn't a scam. I will not be supporting this kickstarter.

*EDIT* Also, picking "Richard Nixon" as your alias does not exactly inspire confidence.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 12, 2014, 00:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looks very pretty, but the control system seems like it'd just piss me off to no end. I couldn't even make it through the demo of DA2, and this appears to be worse.

I may be officially out of the target demographic for Bioware games.

Unless there is some option they are not showing, where you can pull WAY back/up, and have more of a traditional top down/isometric view of the action?

Anyway, Divinity:OS, Pillars of Eternity, Tides of Numenera, etc. there's still hope.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Battlefest
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlefest Jul 9, 2014, 20:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, interesting competition; there are definitely some crazy occurrences in the Battlefield series... if only I had the presence of mind to take a screenshot(or the computer to run video recording in the background) whenever something spectacular is about to happen.

It'll be easy to take screenshots AFTER the fact of people calling you hacker though.

News Comments > Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month
5. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 9, 2014, 20:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Avoiding this beta entirely. I expect the rest of you to fully test this game to the point of exhaustion/coma, however.

News Comments > BF4 Dragon's Teeth DLC This Month
4. Re: BF4 Dragon's Teeth DLC This Month Jul 9, 2014, 09:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Whiskers wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 08:29:
It's too bad they don't just forward port all of the BF3 maps, they had some real gems there, where the BF4 maps are just so so.

I'd somewhat agree with you, but Golmud Railway is probably the best BF series map there has ever been. The rest of the BF4 maps are mediocre, it's true.

As far as BF3 maps, the reworked Firestorm and Caspian Border are great, and those were basically the only two maps I played in BF3 a ton. What map from BF3 were you really looking for? One of the redone BF2 or BF1942 maps? Wake Island? I am trying to picture another outstanding BF3 map that wasn't a rehash from an earlier game.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 6, 2014, 14:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 13:49:
PoE is gonna suffer from the typical Obsidian "RPGs are serious business ho-humm" disease whereas Larian Studios have taken their typical more light-hearted and humorous approach which is simply much cooler and more refreshing than Obsidian's heavy-handed style.

Hey... RPGs are serious business. I don't mind Larians' comedic attempts, but I do enjoy some less whimsical games on occasion. As it is I don't even like shooting the Exploskeletons, they are so cute. Right alongside shambling, headless, poison oozing horrors, no less.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 6, 2014, 13:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Axis wrote on Jul 6, 2014, 12:28:
Divinity: original Sin is one of the greatest RPGS to be released in more than a decade period, and real modding hasn't even begun...

This is a bit of a hyperbole. Don't get me wrong, I am loving D:OS so far; my group is about level 9, finishing up the first town. It looks like it's going to be a solid mod platform, it's true.

However the engine/UI could use some optimization/refinement. After the last patch, the game no longer keeps Arrows from a backpack on the hotbar, annoying. The Chat/Combat log windows pop back up and out of position every time you save/load the game, it'd be nice if they saved positions/status.

Targeting creatures with swaying/exaggerated "idle" motions is sometimes a bit problematic, as sometimes my guys end up running forward instead of attacking because my mouse cursor was 1 pixel off by the time I clicked LMB.

Minor issues aside, it is indeed a very good game. I hope Pillars of Eternity blows it out of the water though.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer
2. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 10:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looking forward to the $9.99 or under sale for Far Cry 4. 129.99? Rofl.

Since the coop doesn't do the story missions, that's kind of a wasted effort, shame.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 2, 2014, 12:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Shutting down the League of Legends forums? But surely such a quality community... rofl, I can't even finish that sentence.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin
26. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jul 1, 2014, 06:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 04:33:
You.. just skipped the town? You can play the gane any way you like, naturally, but I strongly recommend to change your way This game does not have NPCs with exclamationmarks above their heads to indicate they have a quest. By skipping the town you skip tons of quests, tons of companion-dialogue, tons of lore, and you skip some major main-quest stuff. In fact, I think skipping the town is impossible if you want to continue the main quest.

If there's one way you shouldn't play this game, it's the "I'm in a hurry" way. xP

Please don't doubt my RPG-fu, but I was mostly playing this on breaks at work that first day, and was still getting a feel for whether or not I even wanted to continue my first pair, Knight/Ranger, or just restart. I WAS planning on going back eventually, even without eRe4s3r's post.

I usually do full clears/go into completionist mode in RPGs I play, but I definitely end up doing quests either out of order or sometimes a little piecemeal, bouncing back and forth between areas. Nothing ever gets SKIPPED completely, it just might gather a little dust waiting for me to get back around to it.

My characters are already wearing out their shoes, but I've gotten the town pretty much cleared, moving outwards now with two additional NPCs and a few more levels. It's been forever since I played Divine Divinity, and I had forgotten the teleporter stone mechanic. Stones have been acquired now though in D:OS.

9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jun 30, 2014, 21:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 21:27:

Go in the healer house in that town and you get access to not just teleport, but teleport devices, instant teleport to TP, and instant teleport to any other portal.... or do the main story quest and investigate the room at the bar

Don't skip the town, every building is relevant

As backer I still don't have access to my ks reward stuff though. Despite it saying kickstart edition. What a launch Oh well, I am up to level 4 now and they really improved the AI inbetween beta and this. It is actually pretty damn challening now

Ah thanks, I definitely didn't clear the town, did a small circuit to map it then went off to the West, after talking to Aurel(sp). Also, I got prompted upon Profile creation to enter Kickstarter backer codes, I assume you got the same? I didn't Kickstart so I can't confirm/deny that part isn't working yet.

Ranger in this game seems vastly superior to other games' Rangers, the specialty arrows are great! Mages are flat out unstoppable. Melee... meh. My knight has a couple candles and barrels of oil he tosses on people when his Rush ability is recharging.

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Divinity: Original Sin Jun 30, 2014, 21:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

I've been playing through with my Knight/Ranger combo(Not the strongest pair, it seems), picked up a mage NPC, maybe a few hours into the game. I've yet to notice any major bugs, but there are definitely a few grammar/word errors in some of the conversation text. The Larian guys speak English as a second language, right? I wonder if they did in house localizations or something, or just didn't have time to fully proof-read all the conversations.

Aside from that, the vanilla quests seem good, engine is great, although I definitely need a runspeed mod or something, crossing the first town takes entirely too long on foot. Also, hopefully I find some portal stone or something at some point, the Waypoints are nice but I'd like to be able to teleport back from random spots to the Waypoint of my choice.

I definitely recommend this game for those people sitting on the fence.

Melee seems a bit weak, Rangers/Mages seem to rule early on. Hopefully my Knight improves a bit once he gets some more speed/action points and can start dishing out more hits.

I can't wait to see what the modders come up with.

I know I should have written down exactly where and when each grammar error was and emailed them in to Larian, but I didn't want to stop playing.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail
6. Re: Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail Jun 30, 2014, 10:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

I propose Early Access be abbreviated as EaA to avoid anybody having a heart attack, thinking EA(the company) has somehow gotten involved with Planetary Annihilation or any other Early Access/Kickstarter titles.

I glanced in here at the comments, and had a moment of shock initially.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit
25. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 29, 2014, 07:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 07:41:
Forgive my ignorance, but what's LOX? Sounds pretty cool by Horror's description

Lords of Xulima, although I am not in the beta so I have no first hand experience, it looks somewhat interesting from what I could find online. Yet another game to add to the resurgence of RPGs list.

Especially if the retail price is going to be 15 bucks, I'll most likely pick it up.

23. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 29, 2014, 00:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yifes wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 02:43:

Hope you check out Dragonfall. Better than the original campaign in every way.

I have it, I am going to play through it after I finish the vanilla campaign. That seems to be the general consensus; Dragonfall is vastly superior to the Shadowrun vanilla, looking forward to it.

Going to be cutting it close though, it's almost Divinity:OS time.

8. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Beta Toolkit Jun 27, 2014, 16:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm looking forward to not having my save games being patched out of usability; aside from that the game seems great so far, although I've probably only spent 2-3 hours on it.

I am REALLY looking forward to a 6 person mod(for the default campaign), 4 seems like it won't be enough with all the class combos available.

Of course possible balance issues will arise, so an added combat mod would come next...

In the meantime I've been burning through Shadowrun Returns... with the updated save system that's been a pretty fun game so far, about 70% of the way through the base campaign. Range combat seems to utterly dominate everything else though.

News Comments > Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins
13. Re: Pixel Piracy Dev Suggests Piracy, Wins Jun 23, 2014, 01:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good for this Alexander Poysky guy! Although I think I'll wait until Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is under 10 bucks and buy that, for my high seas combat fix.

News Comments > Free Magrunner: Dark Pulse on GOG.com
6. Re: Free Magrunner: Dark Pulse on GOG.com Jun 18, 2014, 20:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 17:33:
I still can't get Dungeon Keeper to run properly

What? In Windows 7/8? Both DK1 and DK2, from GoG, have worked for me in WinXP, 7, 8.1, although I skipped attempting them in windows 8.

Hope you have better luck with those, Dungeon Keeper series is amazing.

1602 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo