Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2003 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 29, 2014, 19:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

In his closing remarks, the professor urged the youths of the world to leave his lawn immediately.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > QUAKE on an Oscilloscope
1. Re: QUAKE on an Oscilloscope Dec 29, 2014, 19:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, pretty interesting, although it looks like it'd induce a fatal seizure in most people after about 10 minutes of actual playtime.

Also, ups and downs, hehehehe.

News Comments > Talos Principle Punishes Pirates
26. Re: Talos Principle Punishes Pirates Dec 29, 2014, 19:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yet another foolish DRM scheme that will no doubt end up only hampering legitimate users in the end. Any cracker groups will disable this pretty quickly, now that it's public knowledge.

Don't take this as encouragement of piracy; I buy all my games, albeit usually on sale somewhere.

This reminds me of several past games that purposely crippled their software as a form of DRM, ala Titan Quest, that ended up mostly affecting people who actually bought the game.

Anybody who buys this game, and through bad luck of buggy coding, hardware issues, you name it, that experiences the Elevator DRM is going to have a major uphill battle getting these Croteam fools to fix it.

History repeats itself... again!

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2014, 18:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

siapnar wrote on Dec 27, 2014, 17:40:
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a fantastic little game, and for $1.69 you'll get %2000 of your money's worth.

It's definitely an interesting game, but I have to wonder how much money the developers are making... they've had it on sale almost continually for a year or more, it seems. Maybe they are just going for name recognition at this point?

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2014, 20:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 25, 2014, 21:28:
Amazon has some really great sales right now.
Mordor $20.00.
Crysis 3 $4.00
Dragon Born DLC $6.xx
Black Flag $20.00
Dark Souls 1 $6.79
Dark Souls 2 $19.99

And many many others.

Man, Amazon must be pulling some regional pricing shit or something, I have yet to see Shadows of Mordor on Amazon below $29.99, and still having "codes available" for purchase.

News Comments > Diablo III Experience Bonus
13. Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 26, 2014, 11:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Krovven wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 10:40:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 00:06:
Paragon levels are largely useless

This demonstrates how clueless you actually are. Understandable you don't understand your own contradiction.

Not sure what your issue is, but clearly you never picked up non-legendaries or something. I still have 5000+ blue mats, just like the rest of the mats. Any Paragon stat aside from Primary/Vit is capped at 50 points, and although it is a minor boost to your characters, it is indeed largely useless. 250 All Res? you will still get 1 shot in higher GRifts. Extra scaling cooldown reduction? Useful but you can survive/gear up without it.

I have one of each character at level 70, mostly geared up, along with several pieces for other builds in storage. At this point I could care less about a few more percentage points from paragon, but I could really use another 200+ Forgotten Souls to reroll basically my entire stash worth of items, spread out across 6 characters. This is the major holdup for me doing any serious number of other builds across my Normal characters.

Thus, my original post, Experience bonus/Paragon = largely meaningless, more forgotten souls = bottleneck (for me and people I play with). Clearly you are more obsessed with getting Paragon 800 or whatever than getting more Forgotten Souls. But don't worry, this is allowed.

*EDIT* Grammar.

7. Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 26, 2014, 00:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Krovven wrote on Dec 25, 2014, 22:50:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 25, 2014, 15:43:
Exp bonus... yeah a Legendary drop bonus would have made much more sense, and even been in theme with the Holidays.

Few people are playing right now, waiting for the next patch to drop, with a relatively large shakeup in the legendaries... at the very least, a legendary drop increase now would have led to more Forgotten Souls once the patch hits.

You contradict yourself. Not entirely surprising though.

Increasing leg drops now would be pointless with the patch just around the corner with so many legs changes coming. I think they learned the obvious lesson last time they increased drop rates where they ended up having to leave the bonus going permanently. Don't expect to see another leg drop bonus.

What contradiction? Increase in Legendary drops, even these pre-patch ones(most remain unchanged anyway, not counting Ancient versions), is more useful than an experience bonus. Paragon levels are largely useless, it takes like 5 minutes to get to 70 anyway, etc.

As soon as you get a Boon of the Hoarder gem, gold is meaningless. Yellow, blue and white mats are all meaningless, the only holdup for me and the very few friends still playing the game occasionally, is Forgotten Souls. So even if we end up recycling all the drops we get the next couple weeks once the patch hits, at LEAST we'll be up some FSs.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2014, 15:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, zero NY Giants in the Pro Bowl, good work team.

Of course the Pro Bowl is bullshit, but still, the honor is in being named.

Merry Christmas/Happy Chanukah/Joyous Ramadan/Merry Kwanza/Happy Festivus/Have a Good Winter Solstice, etc.

1. Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 25, 2014, 15:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Exp bonus... yeah a Legendary drop bonus would have made much more sense, and even been in theme with the Holidays.

Few people are playing right now, waiting for the next patch to drop, with a relatively large shakeup in the legendaries... at the very least, a legendary drop increase now would have led to more Forgotten Souls once the patch hits.

It seriously feels like Blizzard has their B or C team on Diablo 3 at this point.

On the plus side, Grim Dawn seems to be coming along pretty well, and it's moddable even if it doesn't turn out great on release.

*EDIT* Typo.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 2014, 19:10.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 23, 2014, 13:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Sony attempts to drive up PS4 Sales in Europe!"

News Comments > Dark Souls DSfix DMCA SNAFU
6. Re: Dark Souls DSfix DMCA SNAFU Dec 23, 2014, 13:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

LurkerLito wrote on Dec 23, 2014, 11:55:
So where can I get the latest version now? I haven't updated DSFix in a while since I am not currently playing it but I want to get it and store it for future use.

DMCA w/ smiles:
There is some infringement on the internet hold still while I fix it:
Flamethrower Tears Ahoy

Like 4-5 pages in, on that thread mentioned above, there is a link to DSFix2.3, and the official link should be up again by now also.

*EDIT* Here is a Download Link because, why not?

News Comments > Etherium Gameplay Video
1. Re: Etherium Gameplay Video Dec 23, 2014, 13:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Doesn't look half bad, I'm always interested in a halfway decent RTS game.

Hopefully the factions are sufficiently different but still(mostly) balanced, and the unit counter system isn't setup too hard to be enjoyable.

A demo, por favor!

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Dec 22, 2014, 18:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Alternate Headline:

"Amazingly Resilient Monkey Survives Electrocution, Drowning, Pummeling, Choking, From a Strangely Vicious Savior."

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
20. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 22, 2014, 15:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 14:41:
I have Kim Jong Il on my block list.

Kim Jong Un is annoyed at your disrespect to his father!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 22, 2014, 13:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 08:38:
With my AC purchases and the acquisition of Mordor - no games needed until GTA5....and even then I have games for years to come! The AC games alone are 500 hours.

Hehehe... need? Need has nothing to do with steam sales, my friend.

I don't take anyone seriously unless their Steam/Gog/Gamersgate/Humble/etc. games list is at least 10x a normal human lifespan.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Voyager 2 Dec 22, 2014, 11:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I do like the video of that Capital Ship civil war battle... it may be time to break down and buy a HOTAS setup.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
44. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 09:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kevin Lowe wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 08:14:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 22, 2014, 06:43:
waiting for the $9.99 or less single player version.
And people wonder why niche genres die out.

Considering this game has already made like $55 Million, niche games seem to be making a huge comeback.

The Star Citizen business model discounts people like me honestly.. they are literally making millions off a small fraction of their eventual audience, all the extremely eager pre-release ship buyers are funding this game. Me buying it 6 months to a year after release at a discount just looks good on their sales totals when they go to make their next game.

*EDIT*

I do understand your concern though, and I have supported the current crop of RPG and ARPG Indies:

Divinity: Original Sin
Wasteland 2
Grim Dawn
Pillars of Eternity

all either pre-ordered or had their Kickstarters contributed to by me, so I can understand how people who are REALLY into the old Space Sims got drawn into Star Citizen's promises. I am a fair weather Space Sim fan at best, it's been like 15-20 years since I went crazy over TIE Fighter, for example.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 2014, 09:52.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released
33. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Version 1.0 Released Dec 22, 2014, 06:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

A lot of vitriol in this thread...I for one, am looking forward to seeing the release version of this game in 2020 or so.

*DISCLAIMER* Did not back the kickstarter, zero investment in Star Citizen, waiting for the $9.99 or less single player version.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 21, 2014, 15:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

All political discussions aside(and there are many serious ones to be had), I really want those T-Shirts shown towards the bottom of the Kickstarter.  

News Comments > Larian's "Leaked" RPG Plans
14. Re: Larian's Dec 20, 2014, 15:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ravor wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 10:39:
I'll keep buying their games. Divinity Original Sin was easily the best RPG I've played since Ultima 7, Serpents Isle. That's a long motha fucking time!

I don't know if I'd give it THAT much praise, but it was definitely very good. I plan on replaying it after I finish off a few other games, and I'll be hard pressed not to buy anything new from Larian after D:OS.

2003 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo