Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1150 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 18, 2013, 18:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 14:41:
I'm pretty sure Bethesda will upgrade it to a GOTY edition by the time it depreciates to less than $20. So a $9.99 Skyrim may be even further off than it seems now. Like post-TES VI far off. And rightly so!

Well I'd settle for a GotY version with all the dlc for ~20 bucks of course. But to still have the price at 59.99? Inconceivable!

Still, I am like 3-4 years behind on bargain/sale games at this point, so it's more of an issue of principle than anything else. By the way, the 14.00 sale of Max Payne 3 the past couple of days (gmg) was entirely worth it, that game is hilariously melodramatic. Also by the time it's over Max Payne will have depopulated Brazil, there is no way there are that many armed thugs freely available.

ps. Rockstar Social Club... I curse thee.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 18, 2013, 09:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 08:14:
I finally buckled under and bought BL2 when it was 50% off. When I've played enough to offer an opinion and it's the topic of conversation again, I'll do so.

Borderlands 2 wasn't bad. It wasn't great either, I couldn't even bring myself to finish a second playthrough on my main character.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 18, 2013, 09:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sigh... once again Skyrim, the base game, is in the top 10. I don't even think it's on sale this week.

Humanity, stop conspiring against the $9.99 Skyrim sale!

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2013, 22:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

If you haven't bought Trine 2 by now, you should pick it up. Utterly gorgeous game, visually and aurally. The gameplay is actually pretty good too.

News Comments > Developer: Demos Kill Sales
1. Re: Developer: Demos Kill Sales Feb 12, 2013, 09:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

1) how can you know what your sales would have been if there was no demo? Comparing to a similar game/etc. doesn't give you accurate numbers on what your potential sales would actually have been.

2) SHITTY demos cut sales, because people try your game and choose to not buy it. Extend this to shitty games usually sell poorly, and you have the modern game industry.

Of course there is the caveat that a long demo that includes most of the game features/content will probably make SOME players simply not buy even an average to good game, because they feel they've had enough.

All in all though, Jesse Schell sounds like exactly what is wrong with the game industry and business in general. Customers are sheep to be fleeced, not loyal patrons spending their money wisely.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 11, 2013, 13:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, refuse to sell to Australia, I wonder what the response will be from a nation founded by criminals?

35. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 10, 2013, 21:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cyant wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 19:18:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 15:14:
Holy SHEEIIT... people. stop buying Skyrim already. So it can go on sale so I can buy it.
It did went on sale after christmas at 50% off with the DLC's too.

Yeah, I am waiting for the $9.99 sale.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 10, 2013, 15:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy SHEEIIT... people. stop buying Skyrim already. So it can go on sale so I can buy it.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Dead Space 3 review Feb 10, 2013, 11:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, universal ammo in Dead Space 3? I guess we're repeating classic blunders of past games now, eh Visceral?

Oh well, was going to avoid this anyway because of the microtransaction/resource grinding nonsense.

News Comments > Hitman Movie Reboot Plans
13. Re: Hitman Movie Reboot Plans Feb 6, 2013, 11:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit, I know this is a gaming site, but NEVER BADMOUTH the Hitman movie.

Olga Kurylenko. End of story.

As far as the reboot, scoff at your leisure, if Paul Walker is involved.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3
28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3 Feb 6, 2013, 11:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 11:07:
Dead Space started off as a quasi action/survival game, leaning more on the former than the latter but nowadays it is an outright bro action game with some light horror elements.

Yeah, the shift away from solo-horror/survival is probably going to turn out to be a major negative in DS3 also. I do love me some good coop though. Waiting for reviews/major price drops for this game at the very least.

"outright bro action," hehe.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3
26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3 Feb 6, 2013, 11:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Origin isn't much of a problem for me, I have it with BF3 and it's about as annoying as Steam. Which IS annoying, but tolerable.

The problem with Dead Space 3 which seems to not have been mentioned in this thread is the Microtransactions in the game.

Sure, you can say you can avoid using them, and most gamers probably will. However the drop rates on the "resources" they've talked about so far will most likely be way down, to encourage people buying Resource and weapon packs from EA, ala Diablo 3 and the RMAH.

It's a shame, I loved Dead Space 1 and 2, and was looking forward to DS3 until this recent nonsense. Hopefully DS3 is playable without massive grinding without microtransactions, I'll be avoiding this game until it's like 5 bucks or so, if ever.

Then of course there is the Day 1/Shortly after Release DLC...

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement
14. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Announcement Feb 6, 2013, 01:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ooh, thanks for that link, tomigun! Getting the Fan Translations immediately.

News Comments > Impire Preorders
1. Re: Impire Preorders Feb 5, 2013, 09:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, hadn't heard of this before, but it looks pretty good. Dungeon Keeper ripoff/homage of course, but in a good way.  

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2013, 14:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh... Skyrim needs to fall out of the top ten for a month or two, so they start dicounting the base price. It'll never get to my $9.99 level at this rate.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 End Game Trailer
5. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game Trailer Jan 31, 2013, 21:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, DICE can sure make some sick BF3 videos. I bought Premium on sale like a month ago, looking forward to fooling around with the dirtbikes/getting annihilated in Air Superiority mode.

Not looking forward to random people blowing up said dirtbikes and jets on my own team, but that's multiplayer these days.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Microtransactions & Game Modes Detailed
1. Re: Dead Space 3 Microtransactions & Game Modes Detailed Jan 29, 2013, 23:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow. Horrible.

Boycott is required for this game now. 10 dollars just to play coop online? Rofl.

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Trailer
13. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 23:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rrrrrgh... shit like this infuriates me.

After you already have a great franchise in SoaSE, why the hell do you downgrade yourselves and make this crap?

I don't think there's much of a crossover in audiences either, from real RTS games such as SoaSE to MOBA nonsense. MOBA games in general seemed aimed at people who cannot or will not play more 'traditional' or larger scope RTS games.

At least SoaSE:Rebellion is pretty damned great. It's a shame to lose yet another developer, but these guys will either go bankrupt or continue to make this RTS-lite crap from this point on.

News Comments > Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale
21. Re: Chivalry - Medieval Warfare Free Weekend; Sale Jan 26, 2013, 14:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

I tried this out last night... not sure if it was the servers, or the game itself, but it was choppy with poor hit detection, and generally felt sluggish.

I kept turning down graphical settings hoping it was just my older comp, but nothing seemed to help it. It played fine through the tutorial, and I had 40-50 ping on the two servers I tried.

I'd swing at people, and kill the guy behind me. This is on an archer, with the small dagger they get. Archery was kind of amusing, but Mount & Blade blows this game out of the water as far as hit detection/combat goes, and of course you can play most of the Mount & Blade games single player.

Anyway, back to PoE. My duelist is horribly messed up at this point, passives wise, but he's still going strong.

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta
6. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 24, 2013, 03:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looks much improved since the last time I played during closed beta.

I've been fiddling around with a couple of classes, started progressing a Duelist and it was going great, right up until the end of Act 1, when I used some Fire Traps on some wolf-things that spawned a similar effect when they died. Total system lockup, video card failed, had to reboot.

It's an excuse to get up and stretch, and I guess I'll send a bug report.

general chat isn't quite intolerable, but I can see it getting that way soon.

1150 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo