Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1909 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 13, 2014, 22:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

PHJF wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 19:29:
That is terrifying.

Hehe, somewhat ironic that you are disturbed by this costume. Not that I disagree entirely; it's more than a little disturbing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Video
2. Re: Killing Floor 2 Video Nov 13, 2014, 22:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

The game is looking great already, and I speak as somebody who put 100+ hours into the first one. Clearly their budget involved something more than the 10 bucks they had to make the first one, this time around.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 12, 2014, 21:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

AT&T resorting to blackmail? When they were paid 20 years ago to lay fiber in the first place? No surprise here.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $61M
1. Re: Star Citizen Passes $61M Nov 12, 2014, 21:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugggghh...

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 11, 2014, 21:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dirwulf wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 21:19:

$5 for Enslaved. Buy it! You won't be disappointed.

I did... damn Steam sales! The new games pile never seems to decrease.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2014, 21:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hold the phone... Evil Dead series, with Bruce Campbell, done by Sam Raimi? Excellent.

News Comments > System Shock 2 Community Patch
16. Re: System Shock 2 Community Patch Nov 11, 2014, 21:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Unknown Soldier wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 17:47:
It is well worth it. The reskinned version is very nice and the gameplay still holds up well. Beware though, some of the mods/options dumb the game down (or at least lower the difficulty) enough so that it isn't nearly as frightening as originally intended. For example you can make it so enemies don't respawn and your weapons degrade much slower. Those changes significantly reduce the tension and practically eliminate heart-pounding-oh-shit-run-for-your-life moments, in my opinion.

Well, I'd probably use the slow down the weapon entropy patch, because that drove me up the damn wall when I first played, I still remember being pissed at that 15+ years later. Fire my upgraded, 100% shotgun a couple times and it's already at 75%? IN THE FUTURE!?!

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Nov 11, 2014, 21:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'd say that they are going to ruin it, but HBO has a pretty good track record of making decent series and/or adaptations... I'm mostly positive towards this.

News Comments > System Shock 2 Community Patch
10. Re: System Shock 2 Community Patch Nov 11, 2014, 14:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 09:31:
In combination with all the best mods one can find there, it looks pretty cool. Here are the patch notes.

Hrm, I may have to try this. I haven't played System Shock 2 since the old days, on CD... not even sure I can find my original CDs anymore, but surely it's on gog.com or something by now.

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Nov 10, 2014, 22:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Redmask wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 22:34:
Nitpicking that on the internet is surely a battle worth fighting.

Obligatory xkcd

6. Re: etc., etc. Nov 10, 2014, 22:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

dialogue vs dialog, do not contribute to the bastardization of the English language, use the -ue!

dialogue, monologue, etc.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 10, 2014, 21:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 20:58:
The Oatmeal FTW.

Exactly. The Oatmeal also has a surprisingly large following, this is great for informing the general public!

Of course, people who are huge fans of Ted Cruz might not read the Oatmeal, hopefully it will get pasted to them on Facebook, etc.

*EDIT* Also great, that Saratoga cop resigned, should have been fired of course. I used to live up there, and a lot of those police acted like they were patrolling Brooklyn in the 80s... way out of sync with reality.

1. Re: etc., etc. Nov 10, 2014, 20:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh Adam Baldwin. Why couldn't you just stay Jane and Animal Mother in our memories, and not start spouting right wing conspiracy theories?

I suppose this is true for most actors; few people want to hear their madness, just watch them perform on screen.

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Next Month
2. Re: Dungeon Defenders II Early Access Next Month Nov 10, 2014, 20:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

I played the hell out of the early versions of Dungeon Defenders 1, but it got to be way too DLC /grindy focused for my liking as time went on.

The mechanics of the actual tower defense + FPS gameplay were great, loot system was pretty atrocious and the eventual grinding drove me off, but maybe this one will be better. I certainly got my money's worth out of the first one, for like 15 bucks or whatever it initially cost.

*EDIT* Oh <Insert Your God Here> DAMMIT, in game transactions! RUINED before it even began! Probably.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2014, 20:55.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 15:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dev wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 14:44:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 12:41:
Headline:

"Obama urges net neutrality; Cruz calls it 'Obamacare for the Internet'"

Now you know where the parties stand.

Where do you stand on the issue?

The Prez words:
"Ever since the Internet was created, it's been organized around basic principles of openness, fairness and freedom," Obama said in the video posted on the White House website.

"There are no gatekeepers deciding which sites you get to access. There are no toll roads on the information superhighway," he said. "Abandoning these principals would threaten to end the Internet as we know it."
That all sounds well and good. But what's missing is how classifying the internet as a utility with far more regulations will get us thete

Yes, it'd be much better to let corporations decide how much bandwidth a given website you want to use should get, and how much they should charge you additionally for the privilege of using a given website. Or if they think the website might be competition for their cable tv, then you just accept it as they block or throttle your access. <sarcasm>

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 10, 2014, 15:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

warmbluelasers wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 09:13:
$100,000 for a documentary that's already got its raw footage, and is going to be sold off to a publisher anyway?

...well I guess that's more reasonable than $60m to watch some old guy tour conventions.

Zing!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 12:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

I, for one, am chilled to the core to see Farming Simulator, 15 no less, on this list.  

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 9, 2014, 12:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Smell the [Black] Glove,

How much blacker could it be? The answer is none. None more Black.

etc.

These references will never get to be fully used on a completed game, thanks Kickstarter failure!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk
2. Re: No dedicated servers... Nov 9, 2014, 12:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's been a long time since I've played a CoD, but didn't CoD 4 have dedicated servers? I seem to remember the server/client setup and the browser were pretty robust, unless I was still using All Seeing Eye to find games back then.

How the hell have they fallen backwards so much for these later games?

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 9, 2014, 07:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

I doubt they will ever give you a satisfactory answer. Blizzard has no reason whatsoever to make the game more enjoyable WITHOUT the expansion, or even as enjoyable without the expansion.

Seeing as how you have 10 level 60s, one could say you already got your money's worth, and if you want more D3, maybe you should consider buying the expansion? Even then you'll eventually have to delete some characters though. If you are adamant in not buying the expansion, I'd say it's time to quit. You have effectively beaten vanilla D3.

Disclaimer: I'm done with D3, I did buy the expansion, wasn't overly impressed, Seasons are meaningless.

1909 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo