Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1938 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Killing Floor Christmas Update
2. Re: Killing Floor Christmas Update Dec 2, 2014, 21:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

KF1 has probably one of the best shooting mechanics of any game(seriously), to go along with probably one of the weakest map designs(in general), and a pretty grindy class system.

If they keep the shooting mechanics, make some better maps, and MAYBE make a slightly better class system, Killing Floor 2 will be amazing. It certainly looks about 10x better graphically.

All that said, not too interested in the Christmas update to Killing Floor 1, tons of games in the queue already. Just started playing the latest Tomb Raider... it's actually really good, if you can get past how weak Laura seems to be written.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 2, 2014, 10:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

27 million? Wow, there really is no hope for humanity.

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Demo
4. Re: Defense Grid 2 Demo Nov 30, 2014, 18:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah good, a demo finally. Rumor has it DG2 is nowhere near as good as DG1, now we can try it and be depressed.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2014, 14:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ok sounds like it's worthy, but the Steam store seems to be unresponsive at the moment, I'll try a bit later.

Thanks for the recommendations though.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2014, 11:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Soo... AC4:Black Flag, worth it? I know it has Uplay attached, and some people are saying it has bugs also, but I also hear it's pretty damned good. Opionions?

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2014, 00:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 20:52:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 17:30:
PropheT wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 14:07:
I'm kind of tempted to pick up Shadows of Mordor since it's only $20 there...

Totally worth it.

It's the Game of The Year for me. Absolutely loved it.

Gah, I was debating buying that, and when I went to Amazon, I'm told that SoM is "currently unavailable." This is the online, download code version.

Really, WB? Running out of codes during a sale? Oh well, too much to play already.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Legal Briefs
1. Re: Thanksgiving Legal Briefs Nov 27, 2014, 21:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cyberlockers? Inaccurate of course, but probably a better politician-technical term than "series of tubes."

News Comments > The Pillars of the Earth Game Announced
5. Re: The Pillars of the Earth Game Announced Nov 27, 2014, 21:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 27, 2014, 14:41:
Isn't one shitty Pillars game enough for this decade?

*ducks*

You... you DARE!?!

Still looking forward to Pillars of Eternity, this Pillars of the Earth game, not so much.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
57. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 26, 2014, 20:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, gave in and bought The Evil Within and Injustice; yet again the Steam sales are victorious. Games to Play queue continues to grow beyond all attempts at control or any sense of actual time available.

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2014, 09:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 01:21:
True that. I also asked about the availability of the SP campaign back in August when they made BF4 a part of Origin Game Time and when someone confirmed that you can in fact play the campaign, I downloaded BF4, finished the campaign and uninstalled. Worked like a charm.

Each to his own I guess, but playing BF4 just for the SINGLE player? Ew, gross.

Also, hrm Dragon Age 2 for 10 bucks, should I bother getting and playing it, or is it best to just wait for Dragon Age Inquisition to drop in price? (I am a fan of the BG series and DA:O !)

News Comments > SpellForce 3 Announced
3. Re: SpellForce 3 Announced Nov 24, 2014, 12:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

I played the hell out of the Spellforce series, until they just started releasing tons of addons to Spellforce 2 that were basically just cash grabs.

Hopefully Grimlore/Nordic can do something good with this property, and not just milk it with a Spellforce 2.03 type sequel.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
4. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 12:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

"They've gone to plaid!"  

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Early Access
3. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Early Access Nov 23, 2014, 02:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm kinda surprised nobody on Bluesnews is in on this game at all, it looks real good, and the Warhammer setting is right up nerd alley.

I'm not getting in on any other Kickstarters/Early Access games right now, but I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 20, 2014, 15:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

How annoying, I thought this was going to be an article about Thresh.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 20, 2014, 15:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Almost 10% on just upstream? You go, Netflix!

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Blood Sport- The Ultimate in Immersive Gaming by Brand & Grotesque Kickstarter Nov 20, 2014, 15:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Blood Sport... the day everybody realized Kickstarter had finally jumped the shark.

While donating blood is good, this sort of device will only lead to some horrible mishap, either via somebody getting a blood borne disease via unclean needles, or some idiot passing out from blood loss, etc.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's "Biggest Entertainment Launch"; Series Tops $10B
16. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 20, 2014, 13:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Advanced Warfare may have been screwed with PC users because of the lack of dedicated servers, but still, 10 BILLION dollars from this franchise? Activision is never going to lose that cash boner in our lifetimes.

Expect yearly entries into CoD and the various spinoffs every year, regardless of nuclear apocalypse, global flooding or whatever other paltry events might foolishly try to interrupt the cycle.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
38. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 09:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

All this Dragon Age talk gave me the urge to reinstall DA:Origins and run through it again, so I went to Steam to install it... couldn't find it anywhere. *flabbergasted*

Then I remembered, that game is old enough to have fallen into my "Bought it on DVD/CD, because fuck Steam!" paranoia days.

Now of course I miss the convenience; hopefully my DVDs haven't walked off somewhere by the time I get home from work.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 17, 2014, 20:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Gorgeous little video... I am extremely backlogged gamewise though, so they have at least 6months to a year to iron out bugs and camera issues before I jump on the bandwagon.

Where are the Early adopters though? Creston?

*EDIT* Also scanning the other threads on this, I may wait a bit longer than normal, if this Denuovo DRM or whatever is thrashing SSDs. Sounds like a 1 year plus situation.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
2. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 17, 2014, 20:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 20:22:
A trailer for cut content. Now you pay for it.

Like most of the "AAA" games these days... looking forward to the GotY version when it hits $10 or less.

1938 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo