Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1302 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > New Frictional Game Trailer
8. Re: New Frictional Game Trailer Oct 1, 2013, 14:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Lol! Normally I hate these live action trailers for games, but this was great. My interest is piqued, although I honestly didn't find Amnesia that entertaining of a game. Insert standard "make me scared, don't show me a graphic telling me I'm scared" comment here.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews Sep 28, 2013, 19:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ok, we get it, XCOM Enemy Within is going to be awesome. Release it already.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
14. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 19:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 18:31:
Wow lots of negativity. I must have peculiar tastes - I finish games maybe around a quarter of the time but Dead Island and Riptide I played through twice and loved it. Anyway, while 'Dying Light' indeed looks like Dead Island 2 whatever they claim that floats my boat just fine.

Wow, you played through BOTH of them, twice?! That is a Herculean task there, Prez. I probably had 20,000 kills in Dead Island on one playthrough, with only minor backtracking. That was almost too much jump-kicking/headstomping/shooting/hacking etc. for my sanity. I don't know whether to applaud you or have you sent to the looney bin.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
10. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 16:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dead Island 2.0? Sold. I bought Dead Island on sale for like 5 bucks, it was extremely entertaining at first, then gradually got excessively grindy and hampered by game mechanics, namely having to repair weapons every 3 seconds. I finished it thoroughly sick of the game, and uninstalled.

That said, the few Dying Light videos I've seen looked pretty sweet, and some minor tweaks to DI gameplay could make Dying Light awesome, imo. Definitely a sale purchase, possibly full price depending on further info. Even though zombies are completely overused in media.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin in February
2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin in February Sep 26, 2013, 21:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Timewarp!

Typo, Blue.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2013, 12:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Exactly, zero. Zero Percent. Unfortunately for the world as a whole, the UN is toothless and completely ineffective. Certain strong governments will continue to slowly destroy the world so various companies can profit. Cheers, earth!  

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2013, 13:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

I sure as hell HOPE SteamOS can convince the game industry to start supporting Linux, the future of Windows looks pretty bleak. What's the state of OpenGL these days, anyone? DirectX is going to be a problem for a long time if there still is no viable alternative.

However, the second part of that quote is laughable; even if Valve was actually working on HL3, there is no way they'd make it Linux/SteamOS exclusive, that kills me that somebody actually wrote that.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week Sep 24, 2013, 13:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dammit, these guys are REALLY trying to get me to take the plunge and get Guild Wars 2.

I played a little bit of the last trial period, and thought it was pretty good, but I was just starting Skyrim, and figured I had no time.

Looking at the various links, I couldn't find any historically low price except the standard $49.99? I guess we have to wait until Friday?

News Comments > Op Ed
41. Re: Op Ed Sep 21, 2013, 00:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 23:57:
Cutter wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 20:01:
Universal healthcare, Occupy Wall Street

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Two of the biggest jokes (and frauds) of the last 100 years.

This is completely the wrong site for this kind of discussion, but you do know that basically the rest of the developed world has functional, universal health care, right?

Occupy Wall Street was pretty sad and ineffectual, but their hearts were in the right place at least. Saying it was the biggest joke/fraud of the last 100 years just indicates a lack of knowledge of history, really.

Offtopic, I think these sort of discussions are some sort of contagious virus. I am taking time away from my Skyrim to post this.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 20, 2013, 22:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, GoG. Can you ever truly make a mistake, with your zero DRM stance?

Now if only the licensing Gordian Knot can get sliced off for a few of the real classic games, we'd be all set.

PS. If by some strange occurrence you haven't already purchased Project Eternity, please buy it through gog.com or some other DRM free site, thanks!

News Comments > SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Next Month
3. Re: SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Next Month Sep 20, 2013, 20:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Alamar wrote on Sep 20, 2013, 16:09:
But... If the expansions are fun... And you enjoy the gameplay/story/etc... What's different about a new major version (that they can't change in an expansion)?

I've enjoyed these games, but they're a big time investment at times... When I picked up Faith, I started playing through 1, and 2... Never finished them this time, so I need to just play Faith 'by itself' and see if it's worth picking up this new one.

-Alamar

Well, I enjoyed the gameplay, I thought the stories were pretty mediocre and think a new engine would be a nice step. New engines are usually accompanied by a version bump.

The current Spellforce engine has quite a few quirks that could easily be improved/replaced/redone etc.

News Comments > The Showdown Effect Free Weekend
1. Re: The Showdown Effect Free Weekend Sep 20, 2013, 11:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

I got this game via a humble bundle or some other bundled sale, and it is... not great. You'd think they would have way tighter controls in a 2d beat'em up, but they were a bit of a let down. At least KB+Mouse, haven't tried any gamepads yet.

News Comments > SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Next Month
1. Re: SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Next Month Sep 20, 2013, 11:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, I enjoyed Spellforce 2, the original, but they have milked this game entirely too much. Get to work on Spellforce 3, people.

This is like the 4th expansion already, most of which came with rather aggressive DRM...

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $19M - $21M Goal Revealed
32. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2013, 15:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

The feature creep in this game is mind boggling.

I will be depressed but not surprised when they reveal that it's just been some sort of diabolical pyramid scam this entire time.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
13. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 15:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Very interesting. Apparently they are really pleased with their Loot 2.0 changes... I'll reinstall D3 whenever that goes live and check it out.

Until then, Skyrim, Men of War series, BF3/BF4.

It'd be great if this game was playable offline, and moddable, but baby steps, I guess. If drops become viable like they claim, that'll fix the biggest problem with Diablo 3 anyway, as far as actual gameplay.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed
27. Re: BF4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed Sep 17, 2013, 14:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 14:08:
siapnar wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 14:04:
Although BF4 is highly derivative of BF3, look at it this way:

If BF4 was a giant DLC package for BF3, how much would it cost? I'd say with the amount of content they're providing it would be pretty close to retail.
The downside with it coming out as the next iteration is that you can't play it in conjunction with the BF3 maps to add variety.

For me it depends on the quality of the maps, that's why I'm just going to wait and see. BF3 had some really bad ones in the default pack and I felt like the game only really came into its own with the B2K and AK stuff.

Well, hopefully the netcode is better this time around, but even if it's not I'm most likely going to get BF4. BF3 is simply too much fun, and most of the little changes in BF4 look great.

Also, Caspian Border is one of the greatest maps in any game, ever, imo. Default BF3 map. Of course metro is one of the worst maps ever, so it evens out.

News Comments > Valve Remains Bullish on Linux
29. Re: Valve Remains Bullish on Linux Sep 17, 2013, 07:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

I would love to switch to Linux and still be able to play all, or even most of my games. I really have no desire to keep supporting windows, especially when the future plans for the desktop that Microsoft has admitted to so far look so horrible for the end users.

The main problem with Linux is so few developers seem willing to code their games to run natively in it, or even run acceptably in WINE. Not to mention ancillary bullshit like Punkbuster, which blocks any attempt to emulate a lot of games in Linux.

People need to actually start moving in the direction of Linux before Microsoft is able to completely lock down PCs with their DRM/paywall schemes.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
55. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 21:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Aero wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 19:27:
All I want is the ability to transfer a license to a game I no longer play to another Steam user. I can't play it while they're playing it, which the client could easily enforce. That should all be perfectly legal.

Very simple. When it gets there and that simple, that will be a pretty cool thing. What they're describing now is way too unclear.

I want this also, but something tells me they will NOT ever allow this, as it'll encourage people to not buy games, but play a patient trading game. It'd be great for us, but not so great for Valve, so I can't see them really allowing it.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sep 11, 2013, 21:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Another great humble bundle. I own almost all those games already though, curses.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Spectator Video
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Spectator Video Sep 11, 2013, 21:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, about damned time. This should cut down on the false hackusations that BF3 has, and make it easier to spot the actual cheaters.

On top of that, it's always fun to have good spec tools for entertainment, let alone game-related education.

Battlefield 3.5 is looking pretty good, I think I'm sold on it, despite the price tag.

*EDIT* Offtopic, Blue, did you change something in the coding recently? I can't view bluesnews in Chrome on my smartphone anymore without the background showing up as white, making most of the text unreadable. It used to(as of like.. two weeks ago?) work fine on my phone.

1302 Comments. 66 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo