Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1997 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned
8. Re: Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned Jan 9, 2015, 03:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Krovven wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 01:55:
I missed the part where they said they were developing it in the Infinity Engine. Oh wait no I didn't. You guys are pulling shit from your asses as usual. Not to mention they clearly stated its what they would like to do but wasn't happening right now.

Right here:

Adventure Y

This year, the eagerly anticipated Adventure Y will finally navigate the dark underground caverns of development and venture out into the Sword Coast. We’ve mentioned before that Adventure Y will be an addition to the Baldur’s Gate line using the Infinity engine, bridging the gap between Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition.

It's the first game they mention before any newer project. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but engine choice + game timeline, for that one at least, seems like a real uphill battle.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned
4. Re: Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned Jan 8, 2015, 20:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh...as much as I loved the Infinity Engine games, and BG2 may be my favorite game of all time(with mods), it is definitely time to retire that engine.

Besides, how the hell is that going to work, level wise? BG1 ends around level 7-9, BG2 starts at about 8-9ish, goes to 40, with various expansions even in vanilla versions.

Of course I'll be eager to check out what they finally come up with, but it sounds like they are destined to just disappoint and piss off all the real BG1/BG2 fans.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
37. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 8, 2015, 16:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 16:00:
ShadyPete wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 15:56:
according to this it appears most of the funding is coming from those making less than 10k per year..

https://www.instant.ly/report/54a985dde4b0cea5d72c8c2a
That seems legit

On on the one hand, I was amused by the people who chose "Velociraptor" as their gender. On the other hand, I was shocked and dismayed that 25 people have spent $20,000 or more on Star Citizen!

My greatest fear is that there is a Velociraptor out there with the free cash to drop 20K on this game...

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Pre-Purchases & Bonuses
4. Re: Resident Evil HD Pre-Purchases & Bonuses Jan 8, 2015, 16:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Man, I have so many great memories of playing the first Resident Evil... must resist the temptation to buy this until after some reviews come out, post release.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
34. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 8, 2015, 15:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

P.T. Barnum was right. That's what this Star Citizen experiment has really proven.  

News Comments > Hellblade for PC Revealed; May Support 4K, Mods
1. Re: Hellblade for PC Revealed; May Support 4K, Mods Jan 8, 2015, 15:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mildly interesting, but of course the trailer has zero game footage.

Of course coming from the developers of Devil May Cry, I can sorta guess how the gameplay is going to be...

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 7, 2015, 09:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, debating the Abstract Bundle... I have been looking to get Meltdown, but most of the other games in that package seem like either shovelware or school projects. Not that $2.49 is a huge sum, but it's the principle.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2015, 09:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ant-Man... without being Hank Pym, with no Avengers origin, not the creator of Ultron, or the Vision, or anything to do with the classic Ant-Man, they decide to go ahead with joker Scott Lang. Ugh, Marvel has gotten way overconfident. It'll probably still make money, but it already looks like the worst Marvel movie.

Knife Throwing.. what the shit, you'd think a guy would practice a bit more and maybe actually be good before he starts using a human target. I gotta imagine the dialogue at the end was something along the lines of: "yeah we're terrible at throwing knives, but the pony tail guy needs a job sooo...."

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 6, 2015, 21:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit, that's some good Cosplay! Although I suspect they are 'cheaters,' aka professional lighting/makeup/photography, they still look great.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Half-Life 3 Jan 5, 2015, 08:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

HL3... I get the impression that Valve's wheeled desk policy is working against that game, probably anybody who was attached to that project just surreptitiously pushed their desk to another project, sometime in the past several years.

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
6. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 2, 2015, 18:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

I don't know about you guys, but am still on the single player, $9.99 or less version bandwagon!

By that time I am hoping most of the ridiculous Day 1 bugs/micropayment nonsense/other bullshit will be over with. In 2021.

News Comments > Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes Free Weekend
2. Re: Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes Free Weekend Jan 2, 2015, 18:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah, FE:LH is actually pretty good, in a classic turn based strategy style way. Unfortunately there is still a lot of resentment out there by many people for the horrible failure that the first game was on release, and the general asshattery Stardock/Wardell have gotten into.

News Comments > Shadowrun Hong Kong Revealed
7. Re: Shadowrun Hong Kong Revealed Dec 30, 2014, 22:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Gah.. falling behind... need to finish up the first two Shadowrun games/campaigns still.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Gender Assumptions Dec 29, 2014, 23:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

cento wrote on Dec 29, 2014, 21:53:
SHE/HER

The professor is a woman. It strikes me as interesting that the automatic assumption I have seen here and on other pages linking to the story, commenters appeared to be commenting without having read more than the headline and make an automatic assumption that someone with the title of "professor" would by default be male...

Hrm, I even read the article and flew right over "Danielle" and a couple "she"'s... of course I have been up for like 30 hours.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 29, 2014, 19:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

In his closing remarks, the professor urged the youths of the world to leave his lawn immediately.

News Comments > QUAKE on an Oscilloscope
1. Re: QUAKE on an Oscilloscope Dec 29, 2014, 19:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, pretty interesting, although it looks like it'd induce a fatal seizure in most people after about 10 minutes of actual playtime.

Also, ups and downs, hehehehe.

News Comments > Talos Principle Punishes Pirates
26. Re: Talos Principle Punishes Pirates Dec 29, 2014, 19:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yet another foolish DRM scheme that will no doubt end up only hampering legitimate users in the end. Any cracker groups will disable this pretty quickly, now that it's public knowledge.

Don't take this as encouragement of piracy; I buy all my games, albeit usually on sale somewhere.

This reminds me of several past games that purposely crippled their software as a form of DRM, ala Titan Quest, that ended up mostly affecting people who actually bought the game.

Anybody who buys this game, and through bad luck of buggy coding, hardware issues, you name it, that experiences the Elevator DRM is going to have a major uphill battle getting these Croteam fools to fix it.

History repeats itself... again!

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2014, 18:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

siapnar wrote on Dec 27, 2014, 17:40:
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is a fantastic little game, and for $1.69 you'll get %2000 of your money's worth.

It's definitely an interesting game, but I have to wonder how much money the developers are making... they've had it on sale almost continually for a year or more, it seems. Maybe they are just going for name recognition at this point?

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2014, 20:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 25, 2014, 21:28:
Amazon has some really great sales right now.
Mordor $20.00.
Crysis 3 $4.00
Dragon Born DLC $6.xx
Black Flag $20.00
Dark Souls 1 $6.79
Dark Souls 2 $19.99

And many many others.

Man, Amazon must be pulling some regional pricing shit or something, I have yet to see Shadows of Mordor on Amazon below $29.99, and still having "codes available" for purchase.

News Comments > Diablo III Experience Bonus
13. Re: Diablo III Experience Bonus Dec 26, 2014, 11:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Krovven wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 10:40:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 26, 2014, 00:06:
Paragon levels are largely useless

This demonstrates how clueless you actually are. Understandable you don't understand your own contradiction.

Not sure what your issue is, but clearly you never picked up non-legendaries or something. I still have 5000+ blue mats, just like the rest of the mats. Any Paragon stat aside from Primary/Vit is capped at 50 points, and although it is a minor boost to your characters, it is indeed largely useless. 250 All Res? you will still get 1 shot in higher GRifts. Extra scaling cooldown reduction? Useful but you can survive/gear up without it.

I have one of each character at level 70, mostly geared up, along with several pieces for other builds in storage. At this point I could care less about a few more percentage points from paragon, but I could really use another 200+ Forgotten Souls to reroll basically my entire stash worth of items, spread out across 6 characters. This is the major holdup for me doing any serious number of other builds across my Normal characters.

Thus, my original post, Experience bonus/Paragon = largely meaningless, more forgotten souls = bottleneck (for me and people I play with). Clearly you are more obsessed with getting Paragon 800 or whatever than getting more Forgotten Souls. But don't worry, this is allowed.

*EDIT* Grammar.

1997 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo