Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2116 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook
3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch 5 Will Add Party Storage; Mouselook Mar 2, 2015, 21:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sounds like they are slowly patching this game up right. By the time it drops to the ~$10 range, it'll be fully playable to me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold
3. Re: Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold Mar 2, 2015, 15:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

A never ending treadmill, where people play the game to pay to play the game! What could possibly go wrong?

News Comments > Trine 3 Announced
4. Re: Trine 3 Announced Mar 2, 2015, 12:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, looks sweet. Their art team jumped up in skill(or added personnel) so much from Shadowgrounds to Trine.

Xero -> I think this video is a bit low res, although they may have dropped the graphic quality some to be able to do the 3d motion. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 2, 2015, 06:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 02:35:

Not sure where people are having these issues, the two friends and myself who have this game completed HW1 with no script errors or game crashes. The ONLY thing that has happened is the known one about if you capture the carrier early in the game, it doesn't get a build menu until you build your own carrier.

Ohhh... that explains why I can't get that carrier to build.

I did experience one other bug so far(through mission 12), if you are in the middle of giving orders via hot keys as one of the ingame 'real time' scenes starts, the screen will turn all black, save for the HUD. You can still hear the game sounds in the background, but the all black screen obviously prevents you from playing.

Also the increased resolution made one of the missions where you have to steer your ship through the dust cloud pretty hard for me, I remember the dust cloud particles being way more visible in the original HW1.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 1, 2015, 18:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 17:38:
“Dozens of threats to execute grade-school kids”- Madness of a 9/11 truther.

Article about a guy who identified a mentally ill white supremacist on Twitter who was becoming unhinged and about to go on a rampage killing a bunch of elementary students. A good read.

I read that; it was very disturbing obviously, but I was also a little disappointed to read that Hutson basically had to spoon feed the cops the entire investigation for them to do anything about it.

"Here are the tweets.. from Twitter. You will have to trace the ip. Here's a description of the guy also, as well as his possible career and location."

Maybe that's a little bit of my interpretation, the article wasn't that explicit of course.

Luckily the NRA lobbyists allowed that mentally ill, homeless person to get all the guns he wanted though! [Sorry, this is flamebait]

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 1, 2015, 15:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, HWRC leads the pack? I find that somewhat hard to believe, although I loved the originals and the Remastered versions are very good indeed.

Nice to see Hotline Miami 2 on there also, although people should be buying it off GoG.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Visual Upgrade Coming
16. Re: Wasteland 2 Visual Upgrade Coming Feb 28, 2015, 00:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looking forward to this patch, a 2nd Wasteland 2 playthrough is in the queue already, so I'll just wait a bit.

Assault rifles definitely were the strongest weapon, but sniper rifles/pistols/shotguns were all good. SMGs were barely tolerable, and Heavy Weapons were kind of a joke. Allow the full range of mods on ALL guns, like ARs get, and that'd be a good start to buffing the other gun categories.

Heavy Weapons still need a base damage buff though, in my opinion.

Energy Weapons could probably use a total rework... the damage model penalizes the 'end game' guns... bah it's been said before.

I'm looking forward to the Visual Upgrade patch though.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 26, 2015, 00:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Alternate title: 10 Animals who have learned how to easily manipulate humans. Possibly to lull them into a slaughter later.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Next Month
6. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Next Month Feb 26, 2015, 00:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I want the music, but I refuse to support vinyl as a format. It literally degrades(slightly) every time you use it!

Intolerable!

I am debating getting the digital special edition for the remixes... but I don't know, seems like I've been buying a ton of games again lately. The Steam/Gog/Gamersgate/Humble queue is getting long indeed.

News Comments > The Evil Within: The Assignment Date; Gameplay Trailer
1. Re: The Evil Within: The Assignment Date; Gameplay Trailer Feb 26, 2015, 00:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks mildly interesting... I loved the Evil Within, but I have no tolerance for this overpriced DLC. I'll jump on it when it's all out and on sale for a deep discount.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Next Month
1. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Next Month Feb 25, 2015, 14:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sweet...Hotline Miami was a lot of fun and had some killer music.

Looking forward to HM2, probably on Gog.com unless there is a major steam sale.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Feb 24, 2015, 22:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Those are some great pics, but holy SHIT is that Mr. Bean figure horrifying!

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 24, 2015, 22:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 19:22:
PoE better kick ass after this year long delay.
Agreed, but we might need a different abbreviation, "PoE" is pretty much taken already by Path of Exile.

Pillars? PE? PEt? PoEt? A question for the ages!

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Changes
4. Re: Homeworld Remastered Changes Feb 23, 2015, 22:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Krovven wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 18:54:
Troll post? Have you ever even played the game? Your ships turn on their own to fire at targets. And sphere formation surrounds and move with the target while firing.

Hrm, sphere surrounds? I don't recall that, but it's been about 10-12 years.

I'll try it out in a few days.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Changes
1. Re: Homeworld Remastered Changes Feb 23, 2015, 18:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, good old Wall formation. The most firepower delivered at once, assuming you can get your ships to be perpendicular to their target.

Sphere formation, aka get ships blown up on the edge for no reason while ships in back do no damage.

News Comments > Darkest Dungeon Scam Warning
3. Re: Darkest Dungeon Scam Warning Feb 23, 2015, 16:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

That's a shame. Hopefully the Darkest Dungeon guys can get that resolved quick, they should be getting all the money and a ton of respect for their excellent work.

It's in my queue on Steam, Red Hook, just gotta burn through some old games first!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2015, 13:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 12:46:
Wow, never thought I'd describe a skunk as "cute" but that one is...

I'm actually fine with Pratt as Jones. It's a franchise that's going to outlive the folks that did the original, and changes are bound to happen. And frankly, they could do a fuckload worse than Pratt.

Yeah, Pratt is hardly the worst choice they could have made. If they actually use him, they'll probably lean even more towards slapstick/comedy in the next Indiana Jones, which is fine too.

Skunks = always cute... on camera. Any skunk you see in the wild is probably either rabid or ready to spray you into leper status. That skunk most likely had its glands removed, so it's crippled, but... skunks in captivity live a lot longer than in the wild... borderline acceptable to me for somebody to have one as a well treated pet.

That octopus video though... wow, what a badass predator!

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
4. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 11:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hahaha! Wow, the balls on this guy! Rent virtual equipment, players!

If only we could go back to the good old days of Horse Armor... this is truly a new low for gaming in general.

I am almost amazed at Chris Roberts' virulent capitalism, but it's easily overshadowed by embarrassment and pity for the people who got sucked into his schemes for $73 MILLION.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 20, 2015, 19:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, Diablo 3. Where most 'human' character are 5-6 yards tall.

News Comments > Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia
3. Re: Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia Feb 20, 2015, 19:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well that's it then. That's kind of a relief, actually.

I was holding out hope that D3 could be salvaged some day; now we can just uninstall.

2116 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo