Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1610 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 2, 2014, 20:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

My thoughts exactly.. Step 1, Do not use Facebook.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Aug 2, 2014, 14:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cabezone wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 13:48:
Needless Danger? It's called life, not everyone just wants to sit at home in a safety cocoon.

mmm...safety cocoon... nice and warm...

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delayed?
15. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 1, 2014, 23:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

All this various bitching and counter bitching aside , any clue on what the final price will be for non-backers? I'm interested in this game of course, but never got around to jumping on Yet Another Kickstarter.

I'm hoping it isn't going to be the 60 bucks it currently is on Steam, basically.

6. Re: Into the Black Aug 1, 2014, 23:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 22:42:
No spoilers, but the story has a great set up, great payoff, and a realistic, but inspirational ending.

Well, I will not dispute the article is expertly written, and the guy acted heroically in the end, but holy shit, these type of 'heroism in the face of needless danger' stories always depress and infuriate me.

It's like that story of the guy who went off hiking on his own over dangerous terrain, fell into the chasm with a boulder and had to cut his own arm off to survive. Yes, it's an amazing story of survival, but what the fuck, common sense?

Anyway that's my take, glad you guys enjoyed the article and found it inspirational, even. Stories like this make me want to start a habit of drug or alcohol abuse.

4. Re: Into the Black Aug 1, 2014, 22:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dammit, I was going to write this off as another "dumbass skydiver" news story, but these comments have made me want to go read the article.

*EDIT* Ok, fuck. I should not have read that. The outcome was worse than I had feared. Fuck the "sport" of skydiving.

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 2014, 22:44.

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All
11. Re: I think i'm burnt out Jul 30, 2014, 22:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

BF4 definitely has its share of problems, but it's still a fun pub game, in my opinion. I don't even see anything on the horizon that'll bring that mix of vehicle and infantry play anytime soon, aside from the upcoming Star Wars version. (Hardline is a mod.)

I'm not overly impressed with Propaganda or Lumphini Garden, and Sunken Dragon can occasionally turn into an Airburst Support/Sniper on the roof mess, but Pearl Market is pretty interesting. I almost exclusively play conquest large, for reference.

Chain Link... is not a great game mode. Basically a lot of running around capping flags in 2 seconds, makes for a mobile but pretty boring game to me. Games are over in 5 minutes in huge blowouts, either for or against, regardless of ticket count.

The real strength of the expansion so far to me, are the new pistols and the Bulldog AR, very nice weapons. The Ballistic Shield is a joke of course, but I still enjoy seeing people using then getting run over by a tank or something.

Also, the RAWR is easily the worst addition to BF4 to date.

5. Re: Into the Black Jul 30, 2014, 22:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 21:42:
What.The.Fuck.

That guy is a skilled badass, but he better go back and pay those people for the broken shingles on that roof.

3. Re: Into the Black Jul 30, 2014, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Oatmeal and Matthew Inman are hilarious. This guy also seems to be (from the little I've seen) fairly conscientious, and pretty humble. Only downside to the whole Oatmeal equation is I've seen MANY of his comics, without credit, reposted on other sites by random asshats as their own work. I'd say he needs to go after them more, but it would probably be a fulltime job just keeping track of all of the plagiarism, let alone suing/sending takedown notices.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 30, 2014, 21:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

WTF, that copper foam heat sink sounds/looks amazing. No hoses and fluids either. I'd like to see some more numbers for how well that dissipates heat over time, aka hot-room syndrome, but it sounds like a nice cooling tech advancement.

Sign me up for version 2.0 or so.

News Comments > APB Reloaded Bans, Shames Cheaters
4. Re: APB Reloaded Bans, Shames Cheaters Jul 30, 2014, 21:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Only 1.2% of cheating players were able to be CAUGHT, but still that number seems surprisingly low. Fair Fight is hardly a perfect anti-cheat program, anybody with some time in BF4 knows that.

Still, better 212 than 0.

Disclaimer: I have never played APB or APB Reloaded, all comments out of left field.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 30, 2014, 16:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

What a let down, it's a statue of Samus, not a Metroid.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
8. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 01:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, doesn't look half bad in the tactical view. Definitely a $9.99 buy for me, probably won't jump in anytime near release though.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2014, 11:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

RoboNerd wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 11:21:
It's weird I just re-watched Thunderdome twice about two weeks ago, then this trailer appears. Just don't know about Mad Max without Mel. Policeman

I thought the trailer looked interesting enough, definitely more cash this time around then the original trilogy, so overall production quality should be decent. And Charlize Theron... I'll probably see the new MM, if not in the theater then definitely on Netflix.

As for it not being Gibson, that's a good thing, to me. Anytime I see Mel Gibson now all I can hear is his insanely racist rants.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2014, 11:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sigh, George RR Martin. He's going to pull a Robert Jordan on his readers, it's pretty much a given at this point.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Terrorhedron
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Terrorhedron Jul 25, 2014, 20:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

No idea if this game is good or not, but I am forced to boycott it for it's trailer music.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 09:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have no doubt whatsoever that women receive more harassment in the game industry, especially since a large portion of it can be online and somewhat anonymous. People are assholes, and usually even bigger assholes online. More than a few frustrated idiots will eagerly jump to attack anything that isn't a christian white male if they can remain anonymous. It's not right, but what can you do, quit doing a job you supposedly love because of some shitheads?

Honestly I think most, if not all game developers should step WAY back from any sort of Forum/End User type interactions, male or female. You'll get a few good comments and a boatload of abuse. It's just how the internet is right now. Any forum for any game I've ever played, once the actual developers start posting, instead of through intermediaries, they eventually start getting flamed or harassed or mocked, blocking out any meaningful discussion with troll posts.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 20, 2014, 20:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

I can't speak for others, but I personally dislike DayZ because it's the poster child for:

1) Survival Horror pk fest games. This may be a plus for some, of course.
2) Unfinished Alpha/beta level projects that are being sold as retail.
3) Zombie saturation/overexposure in games.
4) being an extremely buggy game, partially due to 2, but also due to Engine choice.

It also will probably not actually be finished in our lifetimes, but let's give the developers the benefit of the doubt. If people are actually enjoying DayZ in spite of all that, hey, great. I know plenty of people who regret their purchase though. I played the freeware mod version and just wasn't that interested.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 20, 2014, 13:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

...stop buying DayZ, humanity. It's not even amusing anymore.

It is good to see Divinity:OS and Wolfenstein up there though.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jul 18, 2014, 17:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Don't knock Prince of Persia(the movie) too much, it did have Gemma Arterton at her hottest.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 18, 2014, 15:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

I liked the Uncharted games, but this will be some sort of ripoff/homage Inception, or at least coming full circle, from serials to movies to tv shows to games to movies.

Raiders of Ghost City /Allan Quartermain etc. shamelessly ripped off into Indiana Jones/Raiders of the Lost Ark, into Uncharted.

Don't get me wrong, I'll put it in my Netflix queue. It's just too bad Claudia Black is too old for Hollywood to be in it.

1610 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo