Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1610 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 11:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Soo.... for those of you with it, how bad is the lag, where are their servers located, is there any offline version(or ability to run your own server, local or otherwise), or is it completely MMOSS?

Also, full pvp the entire time, safe zones, etc.

Obviously I have not done my Elite:Dangerous research, but their main site seems skimpy on the above details.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Sep 11, 2014, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

CrimsonPaw wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 19:13:
And you can count, on me, waiting for YOU in the parking lot!

Happy Gilmore'd.

Speaking of that film, even there, every scene he has a cane or somebody to literally lean on, his health wasn't great for years.

*EDIT* Also, offtopic, Shooter McGavin is the true hero of Happy Gilmore. Realize this!

News Comments > Dying Light Early
8. Re: Dying Light Early Sep 11, 2014, 21:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah, I thought Dead Island 2 was another studio also? Anyway, I'll be looking forward to some actual gameplay reviews of Dying Light, the earlier videos of it looked pretty damned good though.

Most likely a sale buy for me, unless it ends up being spectacular.

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
19. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 12:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slightly off topic post: Go to Netflix/Amazon/Whatever and watch The Last Starfighter again... it'll make you weep, the special effects look so terrible now.

Still, one of the defining films of my youth.

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
167. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 11, 2014, 01:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 00:53:
To put this ridiculous number of $2 Billion in perspective the Bufffalo Bills franchise sold for about half of what Microsoft is rumored to be going to pay for Minecraft. That's just jaw-dropping.

Well, they are the Bills.

Also, congrats to Notch for selling out hardcore. Any guilt he may have felt will be utterly drowned in courtesans and piles of drugs!

News Comments > Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Open Beta This Month
6. Re: Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Open Beta This Month Sep 10, 2014, 13:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

This appears to be a serious ripoff of Killing Floor and Left 4 Dead, of course.

Let's hear it for Killing Floor 2, coming out soon! I, and the several other fans of KF1, worldwide, will be pleased.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation
26. Re: Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation Sep 10, 2014, 10:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

This thread has mostly convinced me, I'm going to buy Alien: Isolation AND Evil Within when they drop below $10 in a sale.

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing
13. Re: Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing Sep 10, 2014, 10:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 04:34:

I will wait for the CTE but I want a proper, responsive and snappy sharply playing shooter. And aside from COD there isn't really an alternative now is there? CTE release is still nowhere to be seen.

Oh, don't misunderstand me, if you want to play CoD, feel free. I have played CoDs in the past, and I would be lying if the new Quake/Tribeish CoD didn't look more than a little amusing. I also get annoyed at clearly being behind a wall and still dying in BF4, or any of the other low tic BF scenarios.

Supposedly the Bulldog is pretty well nerfed on the CTE also, I haven't tried CTE in quite some time though. I worry more about good AEK-971 and MG4 users in infantry heavy maps honestly, than Bulldog/AWS.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 10:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

The NFL is a joke of course, they clearly should have fired Ray Rice immediately. The real question should be, how did Ray Rice NOT go to prison in the first place? Nice work, police.

Why are people surprised Goodell didn't do more initially... the NFL has a history of suspending murderers and rapists for only like 5-6 games. Of course they gave Rice a 2 game suspension, he merely knocked a woman unconscious. *rolls eyes so hard he injures his neck*

News Comments > Op Ed
48. Re: Op Ed Sep 10, 2014, 01:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 01:29:
] So you're saying that "voices of the game journalism and gaming industry" are just strangers in the street yelling insults? Are you saying then that their so inherently unable to control their emotions that their only action is to lash out at people to make them feel better about themselves, or to try and shout down opponents because they don't want to hear what they have to say.

While you're correct that corrupt journalism is not new, there reaches a point when people simply have enough. A reporters job is to give information, not shove their point of view down your throat while screaming that "you're worse than terrorists that rape young girls and women, commit mass murders, and slaughter civilians."

The man screaming in the street example was not a direct correlation to gaming journalists, but 'subjective journalism' was. Yelling back at the Street Heckler was supposed to be a very simple example of a situation that hopefully you would see as a ridiculous response to a somewhat similar situation.

Biased journalism, left/right/whatever leaning, has always been around. "Remember the Maine." How many articles and gaming journalists/critics actually said these things? like 5-10? Out of how many hundreds or thousands? How many used the ISIS analogy? One? Who did try to retract it, I believe. Try to keep some perspective.

Since you brought it up though, comparing a gamer, or all gamers, to an ISIS member(s) is so ridiculous it made me laugh at the idiocy of it, not get angry. A mistake you are making is thinking most of these gaming journalists have any sort of real training whatsoever. No sort of morality or objectivity in reporting training exists these days; almost all media sources are there at this point purely to generate traffic/views/revenue. I am astonished that anybody gets worked up about anything in any branch of the media, let alone gaming "journalism." We're a couple decades past any sort of objective media standards, ignoring the fact that most of the articles people are up in arms about were opinion pieces in the first place.

I am honestly a little disappointed nobody has been compared to Hitler yet. Godwin's Law! It probably happened and I missed it though.

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Sep 10, 2014, 01:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, where was that humble bundle a year ago, or even 6 months ago?

I own almost all of those games already. Curse you, lack of patience and impulse buying!

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Sep 10, 2014, 01:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 00:49:
sdgundamx wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 23:46:

So to echo your thoughts, yeah. Everyone needs to calm the f*** down and start talking to each other like rational human beings.
Lemmie know when the gaming media stops telling gamers they're misogynists, rapists, pedophiles, worse than isis, and I'll get back to you on that.

When a random stranger is yelling insults in the street, I always go up and yell insults back at him, louder. That'll teach him!

I find it hilarious that your Mencken quote in your signature suggests you should probably take the high road(the harder path, of course) in such a situation.

Corrupt and/or subjective journalism is nothing new. Voicing prejudices about groups of people is nothing new. Both are terrible of course, but the answer really isn't more anger or vitriol.

10. Re: Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing Sep 10, 2014, 00:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

entr0py wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 00:11:
If any of you are interested in the Community Test Environment, I just looked it up. It's a system whereby you pay them for the ability to test the game. . . I'd just feel dirty if I gave into that.

What? since when do you have to pay for the CTE? Assuming you have Premium already of course...

News Comments > Op Ed
41. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 23:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

This whole thing is ridiculous. First off, random youtubers and anonymous or pseudonymed internet writers need to stop claiming they have any idea what "gamers" want. Secondly, corruption, in all walks of life, is hardly new. What a surprise that some game "journalists" or even developers may or may not have less than spotless practices. Thirdly, the sheer amount of money involved in video games means nothing will really threaten the industry in any significant way. Relax. Fourthly, guess what, opinions will differ. If somebody else sees sexism or racism in a video game or any work of art, you may calmly disagree. Different opinions will always exist. Relax.

I sure as shit do not see any billion dollar franchises, or even the new crop of Indie games, being suddenly destroyed or forced to redo entire games because of a few game critics. Gaming is not under attack, gaming is arguably one of the strongest industries period. Nuclear war wouldn't even slow it down at this point. If you are a illogically fearful white male, guess what, relax, there will always be games that feature white male leads, shooting brown people/aliens/nazis and rescuing scantily clad females. If you don't quite fit into the above category, relax, there are more games coming out than you or anyone else will even live to play, most likely. You will always be able to find your gaming niche.

Even if every single person involved in this supposed controversy went to fucking prison tomorrow, or conversely, every harassment and threat led to an arrest of some asshole, nothing would really happen to the game industry. It will steamroll on for a long, long time. Nothing will happen to your games. There is too much money involved. Relax. There is no need for you to threaten anyone, cause DoS attacks, or do anything else that is illegal and immoral. Have some self control. If somebody else is overreacting, then you overreacting in response is really not going to do anything positive. It just makes you look ridiculous. Two wrongs don't make a right, etc.

Relax.

PS. The only reason I occasionally post in these threads is because this junk keeps clogging up my bluesnews.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation
16. Re: Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation Sep 9, 2014, 21:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

"How Will you Survive?" It sure as shit won't be running that slow, five feet away from the Alien.

This game still looks like I'll be wishing for a pulse rifle or Flame unit the entire time. Aliens> rest of the franchise, to me.

Also, the world will never forgive the games industry for pulling the plug on the Aliens RPG. According to my sole personal opinion.

7. Re: Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing Sep 9, 2014, 21:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 19:10:
If the BULLDOG and AWS are any indication balance will be completely fucked by the time they finish with BF4.. it was the last Battlefield I bought anyway. As much as I enjoy a good match on Silk Road the entire rest of the series bores me to tears nowadays. Heck, I think I am going to buy COD this year. For the first time since.. holy crap.. I think Cod 2

I just want a sharp, proper shooter. And BF4 has just too much bullshit kills going on. Their high latency bubble didn't fix shit. I still see tank shells EXPLODING and not getting a hit-marker (on helicopters especially) I still see people that somehow take less damage from hits than others.

Well, BF4 is never going to be a 100tic, sharp registry shooter like CS1.6 or CS:S or something. Gotta get over that. Supposedly the CTE patch is going to help out a little, but it simply won't ever be a highly responsive game. Shooting Helos and Jets down is a bit annoying, but you just have to lead them more than the graphics show, aka shoot to miss in front, and you will hit dead on 95% of the time.

I still haven't found a game that's going to replace the mass carnage in a conquest large round on Golmud Railway/Silk Road/Caspian Border, etc. Too bad "competitive" BF4 is so focused on 5v5 nonsense, this game would be beautiful to spec competitive 12v12 or 16v16 conquest matches, or even 20v20s.

Aside from that, AWS/Bulldog don't bug me much, although they are overused, I do way better than average vs them with SCAR-H, PKP, F2000, ACE52CQB, etc. The new DEagle is way more of an imbalance compared to other pistols, imo.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 9, 2014, 18:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Hockey is 4 nubz!!! lol!!!!" - ESL CEO

2. Re: Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing Sep 9, 2014, 18:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

I don't know, I'm kind of looking forward to a SW:Battlefront where half the people are running around with lightsabers trying to melee each other, then I come along in an AT-AT or something and just start stomping on people and blowing their sit up completely.

Also the maps look pretty good in this video, don't know if those brief glimpses were of a hover tank and a mech of some sort, not sure how that's going to play out, balance wise, in BF4.

News Comments > GOG.com Turns Six
13. Re: GOG.com Turns Six Sep 8, 2014, 16:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kajetan wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 15:15:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 14:59:
Ok GoG. I own entirely too many games off you already, but where, oh where, is Battlezone 2? Or even 1, at this point!?
Battlezone 1, patched and modded for use on modern hardware and OS:
http://www.battlezone1.org/

Battlezone 2:
Well, erm ... not so easy to get
https://kickass.to/battlezone-2-allinone-v1-3-t6168813.html

Ah thanks! I knew some of the BZ2 coders were still messing around making patches for the game, but still no official BZ2 public domain release. I'll mull over this source.

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2014, 15:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

William Usher wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 13:38:
There is a site blacklist being passed around (Don't worry Blues, you aren't on it ;)) and active browser add-ons that will absolutely cripple the larger sites in the long run (it auto-retrieves pages from the nearest archive instead of allowing click-throughs to the site).

A blacklist? What is this, 1950? What a ridiculous overreaction.

I don't think I've read Rock, Paper, Shotgun in the past more than a few times, but I'm going to check them a couple times a week now. Way too many people getting worked up about other people getting worked up. Take a deep breath and relax.

Also, none of these online 'journalists' should claim to be speaking for 'gamers' or any other group. Most gamers have never even heard of any of these people involved in this, any of these Gates, or so called controversies, based on conversations with people who actually play games.

*EDIT* typo.

1610 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo