Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1235 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Oct 10, 2013, 12:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sigh, good work GoG, but wow, how embarassingly obvious are the USA's problems to the rest of the world that even GoG can easily do a satire about the US government through a video game sale?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dungeon Defenders II Dropping MOBA Play
9. Re: Dungeon Defenders II Dropping MOBA Play Oct 8, 2013, 22:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I'm glad they had a small dose of common sense and avoided MOBA, but something tells me this sequel will get as grindy as the first one did.

I'll still try it, as I played a lot of the first game until I simply got sick of redoing the same levels so many times, but Free to Play, along with attempted MOBA... I'm expecting some serious pay to win or nickel and dime action somewhere in there.

News Comments > Frictional Games Teaser Trailer
3. Re: Frictional Games Teaser Trailer Oct 8, 2013, 06:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, this clip owns even more than the first one.

Frictional might want to just go ahead and make an actual short film out of this, live action, instead of downgrading whatever awesome narrative they have into a game.(A game that will invariably not be my cup of tea, probably, based on their previous works )

Assuming Frictional is responsible for these live action trailers, excellent work from their writing staff.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Knock-knock
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Knock-knock Oct 5, 2013, 13:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

I gave in and bought this "game." It's certainly interesting, but there simply isn't that much gameplay to be had. The developers at least admit that in the intro screens, but it's something of a disappointment. Also the language neutral gibberish the main character speaks is a bit grating after awhile. Easily the best insomniac/madman face in gaming though.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 5, 2013, 13:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

At first I was mildly excited about this BF4 contest, then I read that it was going to be on Xbox One, and died a little inside.

A battle of all-star PC teams would be insane to watch. There are truly sick players at all positions on both sides of the Atlantic; assuming they get together and practice a bit, it could be some truly amazing gameplay. Console? Meh, I assume there are some good players, but they are always going to be held back by the gamepads in FPS games.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed
4. Re: Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed Oct 5, 2013, 13:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

There is no HL3, sadly. Why would they bother making a FPS single player game, even with traditional multiplayer DM/CTF or whatever, spending millions, when they can do almost nothing and keep making bank on Steam itself, DotA 2, and other various semi-indie games they absorb like the Borg?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 4, 2013, 19:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good work, Nvidia. That'll teach those damned dirty Linux users to buy your video cards!

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Knock-knock
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Knock-knock Oct 4, 2013, 17:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Same, the art is interesting enough to me that I'm willing to spend $8.50 on this game. Although the actual gameplay looks to be lacking a little from this video...  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Opens
17. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Opens Oct 4, 2013, 12:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Played a little bit of the beta (BF3 premium), so far the tanks seem weaker than in BF3, purely because of a new 'clip' system. I assume it's to slow down dominant tank players, just shooting the shit out of everything, but it is a real aggravation as currently implemented. Your tank(at least with default perks) has 1 shell in the chamber, so to speak, and a clip of 4 more shells. After you fire off those shells, the reload time is EXTREMELY long... ridiculous, from a tanker's prospective. The choppers surely don't seem to have anything similar.

Aside from the numerous bugs, I noticed that Tank main gun seems to no longer be 1-shot kill on helicopters. I hit a few helos, and while the helicopters were disabled, they were able to fly away, or eventually crash, depending on the pilot. It's a nerf from BF3. Add that in with the clip mechanic, and tanks got a huge nerf overall. Tanks also seem to take a hell of a lot more damage from RPGs, but I haven't played enough to really know for sure. Both the Chinese and US tank seem to have inherited the "Spin out of control while sprinting" feature from the BF3 T90.

Tanks do seem to have more weight though, as far as driving right through most buildings/obstacles without even slowing down. That has the potential for some better dodging/flanking gameplay at least.

Infantry combat seems pretty much the same as BF3, aside from the new Mirror's Edge-ish jumping over some obstacles. I spent only a little time running around on foot, and had no trouble mowing people down with the default beta guns. The weapon selection for classes seems to be a lot different, I'm missing my favorite Engineer guns so far, but they may be unlocks later. Hopefully there isn't some paywall between me and the G36C/SG553, and the rest of the less popular weapons.

Particular bugs I experienced: Got killed, and as I was about to respawn, clicked on various areas of the map: result: Show up dead, unable to move, outside of the map. However you are standing up in 1st person view, able to view your weapon. Only fix was to disconnect/reconnect.

Seems to be a bug as far as addressing what weapon you killed somebody with also, sometimes it would show up as my tank, sometime as a Machine gun(from inside the tank still), mostly on the Chinese tank. Did not happen on the US tank as far as I could see.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Trial Extended
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Trial Extended Oct 3, 2013, 20:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah... that's a rather underwhelming sale price, considering it's been cheaper elsewhere, repeatedly.

Stop blocking Amazon from selling digital copies, Arenanet!

News Comments > Warlock 2: The Exiled Announced
9. Re: Warlock 2: The Exiled Announced Oct 3, 2013, 20:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looking forward to this; I still occasionally play through a campaign in Warlock, although it's kind of a solved game at this point.

I'll probably pick it up at release if it's 20 bucks like Warlock was, otherwise, sale purchase.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Developer List Found
13. Re: Half-Life 3 Developer List Found Oct 2, 2013, 10:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sho wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 10:13:
I'll just drop this off here: http://www.dorkly.com/article/54448/a-message-from-gabe-newell

I assume this is entirely fake, I'm not familiar with dorkly.com but I am getting the classic Onion vibe here. Mostly valid points but I expect Newell wouldn't resort to calling people "shit-slobbing wizards."

Anyway, Halflife 3 will not possibly live up the expectations of people, it's impossible, assuming this isn't some sort of patent sitting maneuver. What's to stop these developers from wheeling their desks away to other projects, aka Valve's crazy internal structure of nobody being assigned to anything?

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter Ends Today
8. Re: Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter Ends Today Oct 1, 2013, 14:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm all for a cool Megaman-ish game, but this tech demo is a bit underwhelming. I'll wait for retail release + reviews.  

News Comments > New Frictional Game Trailer
8. Re: New Frictional Game Trailer Oct 1, 2013, 14:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Lol! Normally I hate these live action trailers for games, but this was great. My interest is piqued, although I honestly didn't find Amnesia that entertaining of a game. Insert standard "make me scared, don't show me a graphic telling me I'm scared" comment here.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews Sep 28, 2013, 19:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ok, we get it, XCOM Enemy Within is going to be awesome. Release it already.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
14. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 19:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 18:31:
Wow lots of negativity. I must have peculiar tastes - I finish games maybe around a quarter of the time but Dead Island and Riptide I played through twice and loved it. Anyway, while 'Dying Light' indeed looks like Dead Island 2 whatever they claim that floats my boat just fine.

Wow, you played through BOTH of them, twice?! That is a Herculean task there, Prez. I probably had 20,000 kills in Dead Island on one playthrough, with only minor backtracking. That was almost too much jump-kicking/headstomping/shooting/hacking etc. for my sanity. I don't know whether to applaud you or have you sent to the looney bin.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
10. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 16:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dead Island 2.0? Sold. I bought Dead Island on sale for like 5 bucks, it was extremely entertaining at first, then gradually got excessively grindy and hampered by game mechanics, namely having to repair weapons every 3 seconds. I finished it thoroughly sick of the game, and uninstalled.

That said, the few Dying Light videos I've seen looked pretty sweet, and some minor tweaks to DI gameplay could make Dying Light awesome, imo. Definitely a sale purchase, possibly full price depending on further info. Even though zombies are completely overused in media.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin in February
2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin in February Sep 26, 2013, 21:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Timewarp!

Typo, Blue.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 25, 2013, 12:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Exactly, zero. Zero Percent. Unfortunately for the world as a whole, the UN is toothless and completely ineffective. Certain strong governments will continue to slowly destroy the world so various companies can profit. Cheers, earth!  

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Sep 24, 2013, 13:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

I sure as hell HOPE SteamOS can convince the game industry to start supporting Linux, the future of Windows looks pretty bleak. What's the state of OpenGL these days, anyone? DirectX is going to be a problem for a long time if there still is no viable alternative.

However, the second part of that quote is laughable; even if Valve was actually working on HL3, there is no way they'd make it Linux/SteamOS exclusive, that kills me that somebody actually wrote that.

1235 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo