Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1545 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Obsidian's Pathfinder License
2. Re: Obsidian's Pathfinder License Aug 13, 2014, 13:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Pathfinder is an Open Game license ruleset, you may have run across a sci-fi adaptation of it somewhere.

Pathfinder vanilla.

That said, not too interested in their first game with this license, if it's really going to be a Tablet based card game, ugh.

Hopefully they are just getting their feet wet, and they'll make a real CRPG later.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > First Diablo III Paragon 1000 Livestream
6. Re: First Diablo III Paragon 1000 Livestream Aug 12, 2014, 12:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, here's hoping he still has the leg function to get up and stumble into a shower.

The game is really not anywhere near good enough to put those kind of hours in, damn.

News Comments > The Killing Floor 2 Trailer
1. Re: The Killing Floor 2 Trailer Aug 12, 2014, 00:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, animations and graphics look pretty good. Some gameplay videos would be nice, but it seems like Tripwire definitely put some of that cash they've earned since KF1 to good use.

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer
14. Re: Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2014, 23:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 17:52:
Dead Island you know... that game that had that really fucking awesome CGI in reverse trailer that turned out to be nothing that cool, except jump kicking everything to death?
No way in hell I'm touching Dying Light until it gets some glowing reviews, and goes on a Steam Sale.

Well, I bought Dead Island on a steam sale, and definitely got my money's worth, jump kicking the entire population of planet earth (zombified) to death. I figure I'll get Dying Light on a $9.99 or less Steam sale also. And then Parkour Jump Kick millions of zombies to death.

Yes, they had the best CGI trailer ever, with about 1% relation to the actual game. Still, the game had some good points. It just got WAY to repetitive and enemies respawned WAY too fast.

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2014, 15:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

ItBurn wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 14:21:
What I like about zombie games is the dark atmosphere. This looks more like a comedy... I'm much more excited for Dying Light.

I don't mind the lighting, but Dying Light definitely looks more fun than this rehash by a different company.

I don't even get the point of this game, honestly. Anybody who really liked DI1 is going to be all over Dying Light, not DI2.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 10, 2014, 11:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the holy horse shit?! Stop buying DayZ, humanity!

News Comments > SSI Vets form TSI
33. Re: SSI Vets form TSI Aug 9, 2014, 16:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fletch wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 02:42:
They only published it, but one of my favorites was Dark Legions. Loved that game.

Haha, I wasn't the only one to play and love Dark Legions!

I miss that game, although I suspect its gameplay wouldn't go over well for today's audiences without some substantial updates. At the very least a better method of equipping items on troops, etc.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 & Kingdoms of Amalur Free Trials
4. Re: Battlefield 4 & Kingdoms of Amalur Free Trials Aug 9, 2014, 15:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

On the subject of BF4, every server has been packed the past couple of days, either with fresh nubile victims, people harvesting those victims, and everywhere in between. I've had some pretty good games so far, statwise.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 & Kingdoms of Amalur Free Trials
2. Re: Battlefield 4 & Kingdoms of Amalur Free Trials Aug 8, 2014, 12:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hump wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 10:14:
Being a RI resident I should be getting KoA for free.....

Being a RI resident, they should be paying YOU to play KoA.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 7, 2014, 20:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh... this video is just horrifying, the female passenger may have had a neck injury and they keep moving her around. Fucking morons all around, even the crowd is mind numbingly stupid, "hey is she ok?" No, she's probably dead.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Core Changes Next Month
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Core Changes Next Month Aug 7, 2014, 20:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Seventyfive wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 19:35:
I feel like they're trying hard to make this the best BF4 add on possible. I just hope they bump up run speed more than 10%. I feel like it needs a 50% increase to get to what is the speed an actual adult might run let alone want to play a non ghost recon/rainbow 6 shooter at.

50% increase in run speed? Seriously? You will almost be outrunning tanks. Infantry doesn't even get "tired" currently, you can sprint forever. 10% increase would be fine, let's not get into any realism discussions either, the average BF4 soldier has a rifle, pistol, knife, ammo, grenades, rocket launcher or huge equipment bag, and a secondary gadget. These guys must already be ridiculous athletes to run at all with that gear.

I'm looking forward to the changes as described at least, I haven't spent any time on the CTE though.

1. Re: Into the Black Aug 4, 2014, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Baby seal, still more white than dark, no mother in sight, exhibiting classic exhaustion behavior trying to get up on 'icebergs' and rest. Very cute, but people always make the mistake of anthropomorphizing the actions of wild animals, that may just be injured/sick/tired/hungry.

That or maybe there were sharks/killer whales nearby and it was trying to iceberg itself to get away.

Or maybe it really was curious; it didn't even bite those guys when they handled it a bit. We'll need a seal whisperer, stat.

Also, RIP James Brady, must have been furiously difficult to be partially paralyzed because some nut shot you by accident.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 4, 2014, 21:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 20:21:
Darn, I thought they were talking about 50 shades of grey.

You are joking of course, but I also disagree that Ulysses is the greatest novel of the 20th century. Most obtuse, sure. Most purposely dense, definitely. Least likely to be a good game, probably.

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
9. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 11:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 10:46:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 10:26:
ps. This game officially cannot possibly meet all these goals now.

Sure it can. It just can't do so within the allotted time frame.

True, just replace my "now" with "before the heat death of the known universe."

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
7. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 10:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

$1000... for one ship? For a game that's not even released yet. Hrm any faith I had in humanity is gone.

ps. This game officially cannot possibly meet all these goals now.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 2, 2014, 20:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

My thoughts exactly.. Step 1, Do not use Facebook.

10. Re: Into the Black Aug 2, 2014, 14:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cabezone wrote on Aug 2, 2014, 13:48:
Needless Danger? It's called life, not everyone just wants to sit at home in a safety cocoon.

mmm...safety cocoon... nice and warm...

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Delayed?
15. Re: Wasteland 2 Delayed? Aug 1, 2014, 23:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

All this various bitching and counter bitching aside , any clue on what the final price will be for non-backers? I'm interested in this game of course, but never got around to jumping on Yet Another Kickstarter.

I'm hoping it isn't going to be the 60 bucks it currently is on Steam, basically.

6. Re: Into the Black Aug 1, 2014, 23:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 22:42:
No spoilers, but the story has a great set up, great payoff, and a realistic, but inspirational ending.

Well, I will not dispute the article is expertly written, and the guy acted heroically in the end, but holy shit, these type of 'heroism in the face of needless danger' stories always depress and infuriate me.

It's like that story of the guy who went off hiking on his own over dangerous terrain, fell into the chasm with a boulder and had to cut his own arm off to survive. Yes, it's an amazing story of survival, but what the fuck, common sense?

Anyway that's my take, glad you guys enjoyed the article and found it inspirational, even. Stories like this make me want to start a habit of drug or alcohol abuse.

4. Re: Into the Black Aug 1, 2014, 22:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dammit, I was going to write this off as another "dumbass skydiver" news story, but these comments have made me want to go read the article.

*EDIT* Ok, fuck. I should not have read that. The outcome was worse than I had feared. Fuck the "sport" of skydiving.

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 2014, 22:44.

1545 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo