Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1938 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare "Reverse Boosting" Bans
1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Jan 19, 2015, 11:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

This story makes me curious, what exactly does the person killing themselves repeatedly get? Just "Lolz?" Or is there some other mechanic in CoD:AW being abused here? Like dying a lot unlocks weapons or something?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2015, 11:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 10:05:
Green Bay falling apart in the 4th quarter was heart breaking, I don't care for the Seahawks. Be interested to see how they do with 2 of their biggest defensive performers potentially out with injuries. New England was ruthless, they were still playing Brady long past it being necessary. Belichick is a dick haha.

Belichick never got over having his perfect season ruined by the Giants.

He plays every game without mercy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing in sports, honestly. He's probably sleeping a bit easier since the Giants are terrible and didn't even make the playoffs this year, which practically guarantees the Patriots victory.

Belichick's Patriots vs Non-Giants teams = 100% superbowl wins. Vs the Giants, 0% wins.

Also, Fish on Ectasy: Nice, another pyschoreactive chemical that doesn't break down at all in the human body, slowly gathering in our water supply. GG, humanity.

News Comments > Diablo III "Major Lag"
2. Re: Diablo III Jan 19, 2015, 10:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, interesting that they think there's an ISP problem somewhere, and don't think it has anything to do with double goblins dropping thousands of veiled crystals, clogging up my screen with useless crafting mats.

Diablo 3, still the best game to play while watching Netflix.

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
10. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 17, 2015, 14:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Broken mechanic, clueless developers, P2W... hopefully this game fails utterly.

Unfortunately, it involves zombies and "survival," so I am sure it'll be a huge success and more games will be made to copy it and it's micropayments.

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
4. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 16, 2015, 19:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

And... that's the death knell for this game, for me at least.

Yet another P2W game skipped.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Refused Classification in AU
12. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Refused Classification in AU Jan 15, 2015, 23:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, didn't realize the graphic style was such a major stumbling block for some of you guys, Hotline Miami was actually pretty damned good. Tight twitchy gameplay, killer music, good level of difficulty.

Do these sort of ratings refusal things mean sites like gog.com cannot show the game to anybody with an Australian IP or something, or just no Australian based store can sell it?

Either way seems like it'll be no issue for people with a modicum of knowledge in Australia to get it, so no issue here.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jan 14, 2015, 22:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

The next phase of this story: a darkened room: Kurt Busch found dead with a dart in his neck, as the maid spins his office chair around and screams!

In a nearby trashcan lies the only clue, a dented wedding band, missing it's stone.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 14, 2015, 12:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

March 26th? Entirely acceptable. I'll finish up my current half-done RPGs and make way for Pillars with ease.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 14, 2015, 10:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I'm tempted to go in for at least $15 for Shadowrun:HK, I got the first two, played through the first one and found it good, and the second one apparently is much better, according pretty much universal reviews. (It's in the queue!)

I'll burn through Dragonfall real quick and see if I still want another game in that engine.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Diablo 3 patch Jan 13, 2015, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, this D3 patch isn't terrible, but it sure doesn't feel like the result of 6+ months of work.

There are still plenty of 'dud' legendaries with no Legendary affix, 2-3 years after release. D3 will be FAR better off if they drop this seasonal bullshit and just give EVERY legendary a USEFUL affix.

Offline/Mod ability would help also.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 13, 2015, 18:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I've been playing the Banner Saga recently, that score is so depressingly amazing. Hopefully Wintory's protest goes well. From that article and the linked ones it sounds like yet another attempt by corporations to ream some musicians.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 13, 2015, 18:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Poor Lucas, a few good ideas lost in an avalanche of shitty ones.

It'll really burn when these new films come out and blow his last three out of the water.

Still, he made a metric shit-ton of money off of this franchise, nobody's going to be shedding too many tears.

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
20. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 13, 2015, 06:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cl1mh4224rd wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 02:20:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 16:45:
Free to play, MMO, SOE? What's the deal on micropayments or ads or whatever their funding model is?

This is from 9 months ago: H1Z1 monetization plans revealed.

Hrm, a little vague, but they claim they're going to attempt to avoid pay to win. I'll check this game out eventually.

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
6. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 12, 2015, 16:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Free to play, MMO, SOE? What's the deal on micropayments or ads or whatever their funding model is?

Nothing on their webpage or Steam, from my extensive 5 second glance, feature list seems interesting though.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2015, 13:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fion wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 13:23:
All you people talk about this time of year is Hand-Egg. :/

Haha, an excellent usage of the classic Hand-Egg.

I'd say Payton should retire immediately, but he's still getting paid millions to play a child's game so... stay until you're 50, Manning. Just don't go into politics!

News Comments > Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball Next Month; User Ratings Soar
8. Re: Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball Next Month; User Ratings Soar Jan 10, 2015, 21:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

I was kind of curious about the extremely high percentage of positive reviews as well, so I read a bunch (through Steam). They all, of the 30-40 or so I read through, have several to dozens of hours in the game.

Admittedly, I did not read through all 520+, but I don't think there is any sort of major scam going on here or even anything as tame as overly eager fanboys.

You are right though, to a certain extent. 100> players is pretty small for multiplayer, but you have to keep in mind this game has zero marketing budget, 1 developer, mostly word of mouth or stuff like Bluesnews, which is basically about 30-50 somewhat bitter old men arguing with each other.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2015, 20:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

That really is a great Fallout 3 rap song; I have the urge to reinstall FO3 or FO:NV and start lasering people.

News Comments > Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month
8. Re: Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month Jan 10, 2015, 18:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Add another hope/request for Sins of a Solar Empire 2... I've put so many hours into SoaSE and Rebellion, it's a little ridiculous. Max map size, max stars, must...conquer and build up... every planet...

SoaSE is probably my favorite single player RTS all time, didn't really enjoy the multiplayer as much as Starcraft or War3, or even Total Annihilation though.

News Comments > Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball Next Month; User Ratings Soar
6. Re: Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball Next Month; User Ratings Soar Jan 10, 2015, 17:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Game looks pretty fun, and base price of 9.99, definitely going to buy it when it's on sale. Play count increases by 1!

Every game starts somewhere, I remember early, EARLY CS betas, it was the same like 20ish people playing on a server, now look how stupidly huge that game/series is.

I'm not saying that this game will get that big, but clearly it's good enough to gain a bit more of an audience as time goes on.

*EDIT* Typo.

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2015, 18:52.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 9, 2015, 18:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not only did they cover every hot topic buzzword, they misspelled rogue! (unless that was Blue). This game cannot fail to succeed.  

1938 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo