Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1152 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: Humble Bundle Aug 15, 2013, 00:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

That is seriously a great Humble Bundle.

I own some of the games on it, but I've been looking for cheap Dead Space 3; I don't mind getting Medal of Honor or Burnout Paradise either.

I'm also using it to try to rope a few more people into Battlefield 3 at a bargain, because hey, we all need to run somebody over with a tank sometimes.

Incidentally, Origin seems to have been DDoSed, or at least the Register New Games server(s), by the all the people buying the bundle.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2013, 12:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

ROFL! I cannot believe people still don't know about the onion.

Of course that Literally Unbelievable page is almost entirely of snippets from Facebook, aka the 21st century AOL online, so what can you expect.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Cinematic Trailer
1. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Cinematic Trailer Aug 14, 2013, 12:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I'd like to watch that trailer, but it asks me to sign in... do people actually sign in to youtube? That seems like you're just asking for a lawsuit down the road.

News Comments > Diablo Tease
6. Re: Diablo Tease Aug 14, 2013, 12:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's way too late for Diablo 3, at least as far as Blizzard making drastic changes such as reintroducing skill trees or changing the graphical style of the game. The stat system along with the GAH and RMAH mean that Blizzard will never REALLY re-itemize Diablo 3 either, they will be too worried about players complaining about real money lost to really fix the itemization.

I speak as someone who put a few hundred hours into D3, with 5 level 60s through Inferno before they nerfed it the first(or second?) time. Haven't really been back since.

Hopefully Grim Dawn will be good enough to provide the ARPG fix in 6 months to a year; I uninstalled Diablo 3 months ago and there really is no point in going back or expecting that game to improve.

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Revealed
4. Re: The Wolf Among Us Revealed Aug 14, 2013, 12:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have read most of the issues of Fables, and Bigby seems like a horrible choice, at least if they plan on staying true to the source material.

He's basically one of the most powerful characters in that universe, borderline unkillable, with a large powerset that would make most battles pointless.

I assume they went away from that for this game, since he appears to be getting his ass kicked in a few scenes.

Fables as a whole is probably not the ideal comic to make a game off of, there is some fighting, but for the most part that isn't the focus of the comic. If you WERE going to focus on the fighting, then they should do more related to the Emperor storyline, and that involves a lot more characters than just Bigby.

Oh well.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 13, 2013, 22:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, that's a depressing story about Curt Schilling, but aside from the detail of the video game studio, it's yet another former professional athlete who lost his fortune through weak financial decisions. Seems like that happens an awful lot... is it really that hard to NOT blow millions of dollars on cars/mansions/crazy businesses?

News Comments > Defiance Add-on Next Week
2. Re: Defiance Add-on Next Week Aug 13, 2013, 22:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game is down to $9.99 base price on Steam, I am debating buying it.

How are the shooting mechanics? Is the whole thing 3rd person? Headshot damage, or any locational damage, etc.

News Comments > Dungeonforge Crowd-Funding
5. Re: Dungeonforge Crowd-Funding Aug 11, 2013, 14:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I'll probably at least try this when(if) it's in open beta, or regular release, since they claim free to play with no pay to win.

Unfortunately I think their biggest hurdle will be the eventual lawsuit from the other Collective Dream Studios of South Africa
if this isn't some sort of splinter group/offshoot.

News Comments > Steam Greenlights 15 More Games
6. Re: Steam Greenlights 15 More Games Aug 10, 2013, 15:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 15:37:
Really looking forward to Satellite Reign.

Hrm, a modern Syndicate remake could be amazing! The engine seems impressive also, although they only provide a staged gameplay concept video, so we'll still have to wait quite a while I assume, until we can see some actual gameplay.

Hopefully this game comes out in a reasonable amount of time.

Grim Dawn, Project Eternity, Wasteland 2, Torment, Satellite Reign, the semi-indie/Kickstarter scene is getting pretty impressive. All of these various projects had better come through or a lot of nostalgic dreams are going to be shattered.

ps. the best game on this Greenlight list is going to be Viscera Cleanup Detail, my personal prediction. Everyone wants to be the guy who cleans up after the hero! *EDIT* Sarcasm, before that gets misunderstood.

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 2013, 16:09.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Diary and Video
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Diary and Video Aug 10, 2013, 13:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slick wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 07:10:
how is it going to be "random" people at cafes playing commander? you have to have bought the game in order to play in servers in any capacity.

This fantasy that people with zero interest in playing BF are going to be in control of the games you're playing is just retarded.

And how is this any different from a random pubber taking control of commander mode when they're A) more interested in running around as infantry than actually commanding and ignoring the role they applied for. and B) how awesome would it be for a friend to play commander over your shoulder while at your house as you play in the same server.

this is again completely ignoring the fact that a multi-touch interface would actually work great with commander mode, as a former competitive player, i was commander during many bf2 and 2142 matches, i wish i had more than just a single mouse cursor when things get really hectic, i have 10 fingers after all.

i swear, some of the short-sighted haters just have no imagination...

Of course they will have to buy a copy. If you were actually a competitive player, I question whether you truly think a tablet is a better input device than a mouse/KB, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

This new wave of social/tablet/smart phone gaming is going to be around for awhile, apparently.

Pub BF4 will end up being as much a clusterfuck or more than BF3 was, it seems. Surely you don't think tablet access will IMPROVE general public server play?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Diary and Video
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Diary and Video Aug 10, 2013, 00:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, I get almost physically ill when I think about random people with tablets actually having an impact on a multiplayer PC game. What a horrible decision that was.

Tabletfield, PadCommander, whatever you want to call it, that's going to utterly wreck BF4 unless servers have a variable to prevent it. People on their PCs being commanders will be bad enough on pubs as it is, the last thing anybody should want is a distracted person on their shitty wifi in a Starbucks trying to give orders.

News Comments > Strife Announced
28. Re: Strife Announced Aug 9, 2013, 13:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Phew, for a second there I thought we'd go a week without the announcement of a new MOBA.

Hopefully developers will start to see this market is saturated, and maybe try to bring some revolutionary new ideas to the MOBA genre, like:

Building Structures
Building Units
Controlling multiple units at once
Decent Enemy AI
Offline Single Player.

I am sure there is an acronym out there waiting to be discovered for a game like that.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2013, 11:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, that mosquito bite video... I don't think I'll ever be leaving the house again without a spacesuit.

News Comments > Project Eternity Art & Screenshot
31. Re: Project Eternity Art & Screenshot Aug 7, 2013, 13:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

KS wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 13:02:
Quite frankly, the isometric aspect, forced by painted backgrounds, was overrated as an important component of this type of game. I'd love to, at a minimum, have a freely-rotating camera, as well as tilt down and up and even a limited zoom range.

Yeah, more camera movement/zoom would be nice, I agree. A Silent Storm style camera setup would have been ideal, but I can live with the oldschool static setup most likely. Although I seem to remember from one of the dozens of PE updates that there is a limited zoom? Maybe I am mistaken.

23. Re: Project Eternity Art & Screenshot Aug 7, 2013, 11:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

KS wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 11:29:
Iirc, my nth playthru left my solo guy a 1 man wrecking crew with fantastic 2-hander, haste boots, dual Rings of Gaxx (honestly earned through game mechanics) and the spell-reflecting cloak ("boing!").

I happily used my demon werewolf whatever it was transformation. I wanted power...Power...POWER!

There were patches out to prevent 2 gaxx rings, but I confess I didn't install them either. 1 Ring each to my two main melee characters.

Although I drew the line at the Cloak of Spell Reflection. Once I looted that in Saghuin City, I just left it in the bag of Holding. Overpowered.

All this BG2 related talk is getting me excited, could be time for another BG2 playthrough, possibly a BG1,BG2 Tutu playthrough.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2013, 11:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 11:17:
Actually, he's still at id...

reading that page, it sounds like Carmack has a full time job with Oculus, yet Bethesda still wants his name attached to id software. Somehow I suspect he's not going to be doing much at id.

More on topic: Screenshots look great, I love how detailed the characters look. Also it looks like overpowered dual wielding is making a comeback. Only concern I have is how that party in the lower left already has a view of the next room with the door closed, gameplay wise that seems to be a mistake, in my opinion. I'd prefer a Fog of War effect for unexplored rooms, assuming this isn't just a completely staged screenshot.

This is one of the very few Kickstarters I actually backed, looks like they are on the right track.

Sorry to the posters who were looking for dramatic changes to the isometric 3d RPG genre, this game won't be it most likely.

News Comments > The Bureau XCOM Declassified YOLO Trailer
18. Re: The Bureau XCOM Declassified YOLO Trailer Aug 1, 2013, 13:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jerykk wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 05:25:
Men of War sounds right up your alley. Also, The Bureau isn't a strategy game. It's a cover shooter with strategic elements. It has more in common with Mass Effect than XCOM.

Yeah, I have several of the Men of War series. They are good, but I think I'm WW2'd out at this point, can't bring myself to reinstall and play them again. Also the ammo micromanagement in that series is a little annoying, to be honest.

More Mass Effect-like games is like saying studios are making more MOBA games, in my opinion; they are aiming for the easy route instead of making more tactically complex and interesting games. Probably more popular/better sales but not quite what I'm looking for, especially if you literally have X-Com in the title. Oh well.

News Comments > The Bureau XCOM Declassified YOLO Trailer
13. Re: The Bureau XCOM Declassified YOLO Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 21:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, YOLO reference, urge to boycott rising.

Joke trailer aside, yet another extremely small squad game, what a disappointment. Surely we can have a Western tactical RTS/pause/turn based game with, I don't know, 8, or even 10+ characters in the squad at one time?

Before anybody cries about the console port aspect, I remember plenty of Sega Genesis games (usually Japanese) with 10-40 characters on your team, still easily playable.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2013, 18:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 14:26:
The Humble Indie Bundle is pretty ridiculous today:

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Damn, that is a great deal. Drawbacks: still on Steam, and I own all those games already except Sacred 2, Risen 2, and Riptide.

Although, it does show $4.78 when I go to that page, for everything but Riptide... very enticing even if just to give as gifts.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 30, 2013, 18:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, that Super Meat Boy creators vs oily movie producer is slightly amsuing, but it certainly isn't 50 minutes of voice only amusing.

Also, no one should try to pick up and play a MOBA (for the actual first time)at this point. That ship has sailed. Don't contribute to that industry wide problem.

1152 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo