Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1545 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 23, 2014, 14:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 14:32:
I don't limit myself to one platform or allegiance.

So. You are one of those heretics.

Joking aside, I own a PS3 also, but I can't tolerate shooters on a gamepad. Mouse/KB is way too ingrained in my muscle memory now after decades of gameplay. Hopefully Destiny makes its way to PC at some point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 23, 2014, 14:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

God, so glad Pillars of Eternity is getting close to retail release, but FOR THE LOVE OF ODIN, get a real editor on that article, RPGWatch!

"unusuable appearance" ? Surely the author meant to say "unusual" and just ran a simple spell checker over the article.

Personal OCD attack aside, game sounds great, I cannot wait to play it.

ps. also, "being an even bigger thread" *threat* ... Dammit. Painful to read. Some excuse given if English is not the author's first language, but still.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 23, 2014, 14:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 13:38:
Destiny Has Gone Gold, Ready to Launch September 9.

I am SO ready...can't come soon enough.

Isn't this game... console only ? Ew.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released
15. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released Aug 22, 2014, 03:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

InBlack wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 03:10:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 22:19:
...crafting still seems horrible, still forces people to be merchants/traders more than adventurers.

This is a good thing.

Yeah, you and apparently many other people like sitting around trading for hours or days, that's not for me. I'd rather be able to actually play the game and find items/materials for crafting(although crafting should be a distant second), but the extreme randomness of the crafting drops make it a waste compared to using them as currency.

PoE developers showing their DJSP roots, unfortunately.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released
12. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released Aug 21, 2014, 22:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Downloaded the patch, tried to play a little... their servers are still crappy, it seems. Desync and disconnect often enough that it makes attempting to play pointless during any sort of "regular" hours.

Passive changes seem pretty good, crafting still seems horrible, still forces people to be merchants/traders more than adventurers.

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side Released
5. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side Released Aug 21, 2014, 20:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Saboth wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 21:45:
Julio wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 19:24:
If anyone buys this, is this the same game again? Or anything truly different?

I wonder this myself. I know the engine is the same, and almost all of the units are the same, but are at least the maps new? After the last game recycled maps from all of the previous games, I'm a bit wary.

They've been selling basically the same game for years. I would recommend NOT buying this, unless you've never played the previous games at all. They are running this engine and gameplay style into the ground, through the crust, and most of the way through the mantle at this point.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2014, 20:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 10:59:
Jesus, death by oranges. They must have been pummeling him for hours.

Yeah... what the hell actually happened there? Is that a real news site or some sort of African version of the Onion?

If that's a real story, that takes some serious damned dedication, one would assume.

News Comments > Diablo III Gold Bonus
2. Re: Diablo III Gold Bonus Aug 21, 2014, 19:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah, the patch 2.1 notes have pretty much killed any desire I have to go back to D3. Exclusive Season only content, some of the BEST changes on CONSOLE ONLY, better drops in rifts only, instead of across the board in Adventure Mode (the better gameplay experience, in my and other peoples' opinion), etc.

I could probably tolerate the crappy Season only legendaries not being released to "normal" players for months, if they didn't also release some pretty damned good console only changes at the same time. On the plus side, the D3 console developers seem to really be on the ball, so good for console players.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases
18. Re: Borderlands 2 Free Weekend; Pre-Sequel Pre-Purchases Aug 20, 2014, 22:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, I'm a little surprised so many people liked BL2, it put me to sleep. I couldn't even finish one character, and I had like 3 max level, loaded out guys in BL1.

Something about the gameplay was just lacking for me. Console-centric menus and inventory didn't help much either.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2014, 22:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fuck the NFL. I say this as a former huge fan of the NY Giants and the NFL in general for about 30 years.

They are so insanely greedy these days it makes me sick. Not only do we have billionaire owners getting cities to fund stadiums for them on false promises of increased business/revenue, we have players getting seriously injured or killed (more and more after their playing days are over it seems as well, via head trauma) then getting shoved out of the league, and now we have them making acts pay to play in the Superbowl. ROFL.

They make the music industry seem like saints in comparison, and they used to be the greediest fuckers alive.

On the plus side I will have more free time to catch up on my backlog of games, not watching the NFL anymore.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 19, 2014, 18:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, I'd say that guy is incredibly lucky, but if he'd really been lucky, that car wouldn't have merged left and we wouldn't have this video.

News Comments > Divinia Chronicles: Relics of Gan-Ti
2. Re: Divinia Chronicles: Relics of Gan-Ti Aug 19, 2014, 13:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Think the studio is named "TeamMonkey" blue, not TeamMonley.

Also, this game looks terrible.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Aug 19, 2014, 07:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

El Pit, you're falling into the common trap of judging a very large, diverse group of protestors by the actions of a few malcontents. Is everybody out in Ferguson peaceful? No. Are the vast majority? Yes.

Does any of the above give police the right to threaten to shoot members of the press or unarmed citizens? No, and that's the real problem. Regardless of what happened initially, the police response has been criminally insane.

Spend a few minutes looking up vice.tv or other videos from Ferguson, there are literally police officers in battle gear pointing rifles at reporters and threatening to kill them, when they aren't being bombarded by tear gas(al Jazeera camera crew).

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 19, 2014, 07:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

10 million dollar prize pool? The article mentioned a slightly more modest 2 mil for League of Legends... are these MOBA games really that big now? For shame, humanity.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
15. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 19, 2014, 07:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

grudgebearer wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 07:12:

There's just no tactics to it at all. Early on before explosives, since there are no formations your guys enter combat in a clump, first round you move them to cover or just crouch and set everyone to "ambush". The AI is pretty tard, so they always rush into your field of fire, so most battles end by the second third round as you decimate them the first round. You literally have 3 options in combat, crouch, attack, and ambush which is basically overwatch. Later on it get's even worse because you get grenades, and so does the enemy, which are completely overpowered in that they are 100% accurate and do about 100 damage which is instakill unless you are level 10+.

No feats, no aimed shots, no body part targeting, very little environmental destruction; it's just really boring.

Hrm, that sounds less than stellar. Is that the finalized combat, or have they announced plans for some improvements?

As far as PoE goes, I hope those beta testers wear the shit out of the game, find as many bugs as possible, so my full version release is as good and smooth as possible.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial
23. Re: Star Citizen at $50 Million; New Commercial Aug 16, 2014, 16:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, this glorious, glorious scam continues to draw in more dollars. This will be an excellent case study some day, in some psychology program.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month
1. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month Aug 16, 2014, 12:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, what exactly do they consider the original release? Through Steam?

Is there some release AFTER the original that isn't the Director's Cut? I admit I didn't follow Shadowrun that closely, but since I finished Divinity:OS, I'm going to go back and finish it now.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
22. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 15:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Flatline wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 15:36:
Not only does this game look *fantastic*, but they're using the same engine for Cyberpunk.

Can you f*cking imagine what that's going to look like?

Don't jinx it!

News Comments > The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers
10. Re: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt Trailers Aug 14, 2014, 12:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks great, guess it's time to get around to actually finishing Witcher 1 and 2.

News Comments > Obsidian's Pathfinder License
4. Re: Obsidian's Pathfinder License Aug 13, 2014, 13:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:31:
Never heard of pathfinder, but I hope their CCG does well so they'll make a cool RPG with it.

It's pretty popular among the people I know who still do actual table top gaming, definitely the preferred ruleset compared to the last couple of D&D editions. Nerd Cred!

1545 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo