Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1605 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
28. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 12:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 05:12:
btw anyone who's looking for a copy of wasteland 2 g2a has it on for ~$30 USD right now.

Hrm, I am tempted to buy that. where is g2a based, and I assume you have used them a couple of times? Any weird issues with their website/service?

Apparently Wasteland 2's official release date is tomorrow, is the Steam price going to stay 60 dollars?

*EDIT* Apparently based out of Poland. Still, I assume you've used them before, any issues?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 17, 2014, 23:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Icewind wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 23:19:

Wait. I can see Wasteland 2, but you think Eternity fell short? How so? Was it due to the pause based combat? Because I thought Eternity was amazing.

Well, unfortunately I am reduced to watching Backer Beta videos, I only supported that Kickstarter at a lower tier. However the stamina system, no combat experience, healing system, a lot of things seem way out of whack at this stage. Tanking seems impossible in the current build, some stats are currently pointless. The Rest Bonus seems like it'd drive me crazy also...it seems to encourage going back to town every time.

Of course, a lot of these are just numbers to be tweaked here and there, maybe it'll be fine by release. A lot of discontent on the Backer forums also, and no noticeable response by any developers. I'm not sure if that's good or bad at this point, maybe there are plans in motion, etc.

I am leaning towards not paying any more attention to Pillars of Eternity until it's actually out, I'm just getting annoyed at details via second hand accounts at this point.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
46. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 22:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wait... what?!? RMB for forward? That's for Alt-Fire or ADS, you madmen.

Also, consider using the numpad instead of WASD. Far superior, translates well to separate keypad controllers too, instead of having the weird offset keys of WASD or EDSF.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 17, 2014, 22:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

I hope those guys were just playing around, and weren't going to start shooting the shit out of any curious coyotes. Notice the howler has a pretty serious rifle across his knees.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $53M
5. Re: Star Citizen Passes $53M Sep 17, 2014, 22:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Lol. Sheer lunacy. Stop throwing money at this project, humanity!

4. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 17, 2014, 22:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks extremely good, although that's what I said about Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2 before they released playable versions. Each of those games seems to be (so far) falling WAY short of what most people were hoping for  

7. Re: Into the Black Sep 17, 2014, 11:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

This guy doing the "prank" is an idiot. He's lucky no one shot him or sued him so far, let alone started an actual fight with him.

Key flaw in the prank, he's actually a pretty big guy... clearly all the targets of the prank felt threatened.

Youtube prank videos have gone way, way downhill. Come on, humanity!

News Comments > Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin
7. Re: Bejeweled 3 Free on Origin Sep 17, 2014, 11:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

I added Bejeweled 3 via Origin, and I have to say, I can see why people get addicted to these little pattern games. This one in particular is extremely polished and well done. Definitely casual gaming, but still a well made program.

Clearly the Free Games portion of the EA store is mostly there to draw traffic to Origin, but they do actually give away games for free. Win/Win? Origin is about as intrusive as Steam, honestly.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer
24. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 16, 2014, 11:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 08:53:

It doesn't say they're unkillable, just that you're not being rewarded for their deaths.

I've got double feelings about this. I know of the illegal horrors that are being committed for their tusks in real life, and it indeed would be unethical to be able to kill them for their tusks or whatever ingame. However, same goes for tigers and basically any other wildlife like that. We can go even further, and say being rewarded for killing humans ingame is unethical. We don't want that kind of shit to bleed into our games, of course.

But then, maybe it's not an ethical reason why they don't reward you for killing elephants. What reason it is then, I don't know..

I didn't mean they were unkillable, but that eventually they would get RPGed, Flamethrowered, Gatling Gunned etc. by various enemies anyway, because you (the PC) decide to ride them around like a tank. As you brought up, the past games have hunting tigers etc. so, Devil's Advocate, what is the difference? Indirect deaths as armored transport, or active hunting to unlock a powerup, you will probably kill a dozen elephants over the course of Far Cry 4.

Don't get me wrong, I will probably avoid using Elephants in the line of fire entirely, as they are cute, but I can see the bodycount piling up as you take/retake outposts.

Maybe I am looking too far ahead; I'll go back to planning my Destiny character builds for when it gets ported to PC.

20. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 16, 2014, 06:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Loopy wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 20:59:
According to the blurb above, there probably won't be any reward for poachin' elephants.

The elephants even worked their way into the development team’s heart. “We don’t want to reward killing elephants,” Creative Director Alex Hutchinson points out. “Elephants are the only animal in the game you don’t get anything for killing.”

Hrm, it does say that directly above the video, my bad.

That's good, although I still suspect if you ride them around blowing up enemy bases with them, they will eventually succumb to enemy damage.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 15, 2014, 20:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Clearly there is no danger of a weaponized version of this hunting us all down in 10-20 years. Clearly.

Dun Dun Dun Da Dun... Dun Dun Dun Da Dun...

10. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 15, 2014, 20:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, those are some good looking in game elephants... no doubt there will be a side quest to shoot them in order to unlock a larger ammo bag or something.

In spite of my apprehensions, I enjoyed the shit out of Far Cry 3, I will most likely get FC4 when it drops in price a little.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 15, 2014, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Apparently they have been doing it illegally! The scoundrels!

From the article: "Previously, Kickstarter users in the regions above could only contribute funds to existing projects. Prior to today’s launch, only Kickstarter users in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the Netherlands could create their own crowdfunded projects."

Article says there was some currency issue for awhile, now resolved. Now people from those countries can also create scams to gather money(only about 40% scams )

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
14. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 10:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Congrats to Notch, whatever chunk of that 2.5 billion that goes his way will hopefully go a long way to helping him restore his sanity.

Minecraft is definitely huge, with a certain age group, this was probably a decent buy for Microsoft, assuming they don't completely fuck it up somehow. 2.5 Billion is probably almost nothing for MS anyway.

News Comments > Dying Light Early
21. Re: Dying Light Early Sep 12, 2014, 16:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

I assure you, world, that when I do eventually buy this game for $10 or less, I will parkour and jump kick literally hundreds of thousands or even millions of zombies to death.

Occasionally some will also get shot or killed with melee weapons.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 11:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Soo.... for those of you with it, how bad is the lag, where are their servers located, is there any offline version(or ability to run your own server, local or otherwise), or is it completely MMOSS?

Also, full pvp the entire time, safe zones, etc.

Obviously I have not done my Elite:Dangerous research, but their main site seems skimpy on the above details.

5. Re: Into the Black Sep 11, 2014, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

CrimsonPaw wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 19:13:
And you can count, on me, waiting for YOU in the parking lot!

Happy Gilmore'd.

Speaking of that film, even there, every scene he has a cane or somebody to literally lean on, his health wasn't great for years.

*EDIT* Also, offtopic, Shooter McGavin is the true hero of Happy Gilmore. Realize this!

News Comments > Dying Light Early
8. Re: Dying Light Early Sep 11, 2014, 21:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yeah, I thought Dead Island 2 was another studio also? Anyway, I'll be looking forward to some actual gameplay reviews of Dying Light, the earlier videos of it looked pretty damned good though.

Most likely a sale buy for me, unless it ends up being spectacular.

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
19. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 12:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slightly off topic post: Go to Netflix/Amazon/Whatever and watch The Last Starfighter again... it'll make you weep, the special effects look so terrible now.

Still, one of the defining films of my youth.

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
167. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 11, 2014, 01:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 00:53:
To put this ridiculous number of $2 Billion in perspective the Bufffalo Bills franchise sold for about half of what Microsoft is rumored to be going to pay for Minecraft. That's just jaw-dropping.

Well, they are the Bills.

Also, congrats to Notch for selling out hardcore. Any guilt he may have felt will be utterly drowned in courtesans and piles of drugs!

1605 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo