Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2344 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > More Diablo III 2.3.0 Details
1. Re: More Diablo III 2.3.0 Details Aug 14, 2015, 18:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I'm still looking forward to patch 2.3 for some of the changes, but Blizzard has gone completely insane about these sets. Regular legendaries are just becoming more and more worthless over time.

Way, way too much emphasis on sets, and in particular 6 piece set bonuses. There simply isn't enough room left for customization.

Of course that's been the widespread complaint for about a year or so.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
8. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 13, 2015, 11:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks somewhat interesting, but as PHJF said, vehicles aren't the greatest idea for a Parkour/Melee game.

Still, the driving doesn't look too bad, and I'm enjoying the shit out of Dying Light right now. I'll probably pick up the bow and arrow DLC and this at some point.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 12, 2015, 22:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Since they are all banned from Rockstar Online, they basically have no reason to NOT continue development on the project. Good thinking, Rockstar.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 12, 2015, 22:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Warcraft 3 was truly awesome in a lot of ways. Whatever team they scrape together to do Warcraft 4 will have zero chance to make anything approaching War3.

Blizzard has moved all their talent to their freemium titles.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 12, 2015, 21:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Technically the seven questions led to (over)2000 + 703 answers, according to the article.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
7. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 12, 2015, 21:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, Flock. A new low point in Indie gaming to be sure. Interesting psychology experiment though.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Aug 12, 2015, 14:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

$20 million a month from Hearthstone, of all things? Wow, Blizzard's cash flow is just ridiculous at this point. That cannot be good for their future projects... they will exploit everything to the fullest.

"Free to play" rofl.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
7. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 10:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, good news, but hopefully this sequel isn't going to delay the Enhanced version of D:OS that's still supposed to come out this year?

I know they can run the Kickstarter and finish the Enhanced version at the same time, just the timing seems a little off.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 11, 2015, 17:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good for those comedians, but seriously, who goes to a performance of any kind, and thinks it's a good idea to start randomly shouting stuff out and interrupting?

Even if you don't like the performer, at least have consideration for the rest of the audience who is there to see that person/act.

Sheesh, humanity.

13. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 11, 2015, 17:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kxmode wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 13:15:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 11:49:
ldonyo wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 10:35:
So he's saying they both suck, but one has more explosions?

Or he's saying Just Cause 2 was beyond terrible, to the point that humanity should be forced to obliterate it from memory and all record, and Just Cause 3 merely sucks so bad you feel embarrassed for everyone involved.

I added JC2 and 3 to my Steam wishlist. I regret nothing!

No no no, I am translating that quote. JC2 was pretty fun, although I did get bored of it(you are simply too powerful and mobile for the AI), and JC3 looks downright hilarious! It's on my wishlist. Uwe Boll and Michael Bay/Expendables however...

3. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 11, 2015, 11:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

ldonyo wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 10:35:
So he's saying they both suck, but one has more explosions?

Or he's saying Just Cause 2 was beyond terrible, to the point that humanity should be forced to obliterate it from memory and all record, and Just Cause 3 merely sucks so bad you feel embarrassed for everyone involved.

News Comments > Blizzard Diablo Job Posting
35. Re: Blizzard Diablo Job Posting Aug 11, 2015, 11:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

A lot of nostalgia and rose tinted glasses in this thread. I loved a lot of things about D2 in spite of its flaws, but easily the best aspect was the modding.

Diablo 3 with modding would probably become the greatest ARPG of all time. As it is now, it's a pretty good engine for a pretty shallow game, but it's still a fun way to waste 30 minutes to an hour. I am at a loss as to how people are putting in 2000+ hours into a single season, let alone the entire lifetime of the game. Patch 2.3 should be somewhat interesting, and I'll probably play some more D3 after it drops.

People forget the serious flaws in vanilla D2/Lod, every time these discussions/threads come up: namely insanely low drop rates for non-dupers, limited effective skill selections for most classes, and pretty low difficulty even with /players 8. Modded D2? Well it was great.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2015, 16:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 15:45:
"Knowing it was wrong, you provided material support for a terrorist organization or some other offence... that is the bulwark against prosecuting someone for having an idea or interest," Comey said. "You have to manifest a criminal intent to further the aims prohibited by the statute."

So why aren't they arresting Tea-Partiers in that case?

Because most Tea-Party Republicans are white.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Man rolls under moving freight train Aug 8, 2015, 12:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Future Darwin award winner? Murphy's law, he'll probably survive to 90 while dozens of imitators on youtube get maimed or killed.

News Comments > Homeworld ReMacStered
1. Re: Homeworld ReMacStered Aug 8, 2015, 12:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

"ReMacStered" hehehehe.

Tangentially, I was a little underwhelmed with Homeworld Remastered. Damned nostalgia strikes again!

News Comments > Fallout 4: No Level Cap; Play Past the Ending
10. Re: Fallout 4: No Level Cap; Play Past the Ending Aug 6, 2015, 20:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 20:01:
Translation: Fuck balancing. Let the modders do it!

Basically. That or near-infinite level scaling like older T:ES games.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Aug 5, 2015, 21:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 15:43:

Jesus some of you are just gluttons for punishment aren't ya? All DICE ever does is give it to you Glomp sans lube Biker and you guys just keep going back for more.

I can't honestly say I won't buy this when it goes on sale, I don't think I'll bother getting it new. My group of Battlefield players all skipped BF:Hardline, and we're only sporadically playing BF4. Overall response to SW:BF has been pretty meh, because of all the 'on-rails' talk. Stil, DICE/EA knows how to make some really great trailers.

Also, apparently I really need to start using the extended Emojis, I didn't know there was a "rear assault" emoticon, let alone a "Herculean Mustache" one.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 5, 2015, 21:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

shihonage wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 18:44:
This time it will come equipped with a plasma rifle in 40-watt range.

"phased" plasma rifle!

News Comments > Evening Interviews
15. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 5, 2015, 21:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Flatline wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 18:53:

Star Citizen: The Search for More Money

Ah Spaceballs, is there anything you can't be a mocking reference for?

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Aug 5, 2015, 12:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Shit... I know this is going to end up being consolized, extremely monetized, and no doubt buggy as shit upon release, but these videos are still like crack cocaine!

These clever bastards.

2344 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo