Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2057 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Version 1.1
38. Re: Star Citizen Version 1.1 Mar 23, 2015, 06:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Armengar wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 06:31:
TBH I saw 1.1 and thought it had been released and had its first patch.

Same, so much for version naming conventions!

Also it seems like the Star Citizen fervor has died down some, not even 40 posts in this thread after one day. *sheds tear*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
9. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 23, 2015, 06:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

ItBurn wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 05:15:
I've played maybe 200 hours of D3 and I'm having a hard time getting enough gold. Mostly gems are costing me a fortune. It would be nice if gold did more, but I wouldn't say it's useless.

I won't be partaking in this promotion though, because I'm bored of replaying the same content...

Hopefully you find yourself a Boon of the Hoarder gem, and then your gold concerns will vanish, if you do play again.

That said, Diablo 3, like most games, has a limited lifespan. I check back in anytime there is a new patch, but the last couple changes to game mechanics: Ancient Legendaries, Season-delayed new Legendaries, possible micropayments(only China right now) have kinda killed my D3 enthusiasm.

Grim Dawn is slowly, very slowly, coming along though.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 13:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the.... Pillars of Eternity pre-order isn't even on this list! Come on, humanity!

Hopefully once word gets around, PoEt does a lot better post release day.

That aside, who has Ori and the Blind Forest? That game looks gorgeous!

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
11. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 10:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 10:39:
Can't freakin' wait for the adventure of Geralt and friends. I'm almost done with the last book that was translated, Baptism of Fire.

Whoa whoa, they translated more of the novels? I need to do another Amazon search, I think I only have like 2-3(?) of the official translations from like 10 years ago.

Also, I trust CDProjekt RED to eventually patch this game up, possibly months or years later.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
1. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 09:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

A controller better than a mouse/KB!? Heresy!

This reminds me, I need to finish up Witcher 2, post haste.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Mar 21, 2015, 09:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

InBlack wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 03:24:
I don't get it. Are they just going to ignore Alien3 ever happened or what?

Also apparently Biehn doesn't have an Instagram account, so there is that to consider.

I read somewhere that they are going to be effectively ignoring Aliens 3 and 4, and continuing from some time after Aliens (2). They kind of have to, if they want a non-clone Ripley and Hicks, of course.

All that said, Aliens 3 gets way too much hate, it wasn't great but it was interesting in its own way, once you got past the intro rage at the deaths of Newt and Hick.

News Comments > New Diablo III Season Next Month
8. Re: New Diablo III Season Next Month Mar 21, 2015, 09:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Graham wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 02:14:
Jay Wilson was wrong and you're wrong for bringing him up. Best to be silent and be thought a fool, friend, as you're doing a great job of removing all doubt at the moment.

Reading comprehension is your friend, pal. "Almost"

If you enjoy an identical leveling up process, more power to you. Some players don't really care for it and would rather have new legendaries without months of delay.

News Comments > New Diablo III Season Next Month
2. Re: New Diablo III Season Next Month Mar 20, 2015, 21:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm looking forward to all these new seasonal legendaries making their way down to Regular D3... zero desire to play Seasons. I almost want them to bring Jay Wilson back, or at least look at some of his earlier manifestos about not making people repeatedly level up identical characters.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
24. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 20, 2015, 18:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Darks wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 18:07:
It was done with four because of Coop. but as you saw in the video you can gather companions along the way. Not sure though how long they will stay with you.

But hey, its close enough to NWN and Baldars Gate feel.

Coop should never hamper the single player game, but oh well, this game looks to be well along its way already. Hopefully mods will allow for larger parties.

The temporary Paladin is never fully under the player's control, as far as I could tell from the video. Still, it is better than nothing.

4 slot party with a D&D rule set or some variation of, means you're basically locked in to Fighter/Tank, Rogue/Utility, Healer/Ranged, Caster/Ranged. Players simply won't have the room in the party to experiment much and still be reasonably functional.

It's all going to be ok though, on March 26th.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
22. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 20, 2015, 16:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks pretty good, although I wish they had gone more traditional BG style, with 6 character parties, instead of 4 person DA:O style.

Isometric sprite or full 3d doesn't matter to me as long as the single player campaign is enjoyable, honestly. Ex DA:O developers, not really surprising they chose this kind of engine.

I'll probably hold back on buying this until some reviews on the main campaign come out.

*EDIT* clarification/grammar.

2. Re: Into the Black Mar 19, 2015, 21:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 19:42:
Sword Coast Legends - First Look - Player Campaign

Looks good so far! I'm optimistic.

Hrm... wow the resurgence of isometric rpgs in the BG/IWD style is ON.

That said, hopefully they do a full 6 person+ party, 4 person is detrimental to experimenting with non-traditional classes.

Also, Michael Biehn, what is he like 65 now? Good luck, Blomkamp! Don't fuck it up too badly!

News Comments > Tropico 5 & The Killing Floor Free Weekend
4. Re: Tropico 5 & The Killing Floor Free Weekend Mar 19, 2015, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 18:31:
I think I'll do it, I'll finally buy Killing Floor!

Everybody should buy Killing Floor, to see how shooting mechanics should be done, and how maps should NOT be done.

I'm really looking forward to KF2, but I think I reached my limit for KF1 grinding at around 100 hours or so.

Multiplayer with people you know = great, multiplayer KF with strangers = ... usually terrible.

News Comments > Dying Light Killing It
1. Re: Dying Light Killing It Mar 19, 2015, 09:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, congratulations, Techland! Although this is definitely going to hamper my plans of buying this game anytime soon on sale.

It's in my Steam wishlist though.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
55. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 20:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 18:35:
Btw I totally get that, THAC0, DC, AC, Saves, SR, MR everything was a huge confusing mess.

I winged my ass through IWD 1/IWD 2 and BG 1/2/TOB without ever knowing any of these systems in detail though.. so it's not like that was REQUIRED to know, apart from knowing what number is better or worse (in BG, this especially was hilarious, with negative armor and all that ;p) And it only got worse later when they changed that in NWN and onwards because I was used to the other way then...

That said, PoE is not DnD, thank the heavens

Man, that makes me think back to the first time I played BG2, my first real exposure to any sort of D&D based game. I made a Wizard Slayer, but didn't realize you could reroll or min/max the starting stats, so he had like 14 STR, 15 DEX, 12 CON, 17 INT, etc. He could only wear plate armor after being buffed by the party.

I doubt I'll make that level of error with my first character in PoEt(not to be confused with Path of Exile!) but I'm sure the first guy will be less than optimal. That's kind of the point though, you make some mistakes, learn a bit, do better later on, or in another playthrough. That's part of what made me love BG2 so much, as I played it more and really started learning the mechanics, then mastering the vanilla game, then adding mods...

BG1/IWD/IWD2 were a breeze after that. I doubt PoEt is going to be as rough to newcomers, and according to some of the dev posts, they've really tried hard to avoid "trap" style builds, where you end up leveling a certain path only to find out it's unusable late game.

Anyway, less than 8 days now.

*EDIT* Grammar.

1. Re: Into the Black Mar 18, 2015, 20:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, classic old school miniature effects... even today when people do non-cgi effects, like Christopher Nolan, they tend to use full scale versions for the most part. I wonder if that level of miniature creation is a lost art at this point.

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life
24. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 10:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

As others have said, Valve has zero reason to actually attempt to make Half-Life 3.

After this long it'd just end up disappointing people anyway, and they are making stupid amounts of cash doing other far simpler things.

I am sure there is a small group of 2-3 people at Valve, working on HL3 fiendishly, but the rest of their company wheeled their desks far away, a long time ago.

35. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 18:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Osc8r wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 18:24:
Inspired by BG and Icewind but no parties or co-op?

First off, Heretic! Stone Him!

But seriously, there is a 6 person party you control, of NPCs(premade with their own dialogue) or custom PCs(called Adventurers here, IWD style). There are also some form of hirelings in one or more locations, which are some form of temporary/zone limited companions I believe.

From one of the PAX videos, Adventurers can be created at some point, but your character has to pay in game resources to get them into your party? I am not sure of the exact mechanics but it sounds like they won't be in your party at the start of the game.

No Coop though, as far as I know. I know there was a small segment of the IE game population that actually liked multiplayer, but it always seemed like the vast majority preferred single player. I'm in the single player camp, myself.

Divinity:Original Sin does have coop though, for your coop rpg fix!

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed
17. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed Mar 17, 2015, 18:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 17:09:
Noob question: Is PoE part of the Forgotten Realms? Please say yes (unless it's a lie).

No. Obsidian, as far as I know, has no rights to use Forgotten Realms or any other flavor of D&D/AD&D for PoEt (PoE = Path of Exile!)

It's definitely more than just a tip of the hat to D&D style rulesets and lore though. Personally I'm glad they aren't tied down by any WotC or any other company's lore, but I can get the argument for a game like this being based in an established universe that people love, too.

I have faith that Obsidian's writing ability is good enough to build a new universe that's still entertaining and usable, game-wise.

28. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 17:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 17:26:
soooo as a KS person who backed the game....when do I get to play?

March 26th, post download from Gog or Steam?

News Comments > Dungeons 2 Demons Trailer
2. Re: Dungeons 2 Demons Trailer Mar 17, 2015, 16:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 13:08:
Terrible music for a game like this.

I think that music is just for this trailer, so no worries. I'm still looking forward to this game, hopefully this time, they live up to the Dungeon Keeper nostalgic hopes everybody had for Dungeons 1.

2057 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo