Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1245 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Dec 13, 2013, 15:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yes, if you already own the disc or Gog versions of BG1 or BG2, there isn't a whole lot of point to buying the Enhanced Editions.

If you somehow slipped through the cracks entirely, and never had any earlier versions, then yes, Enhanced Editions should be considered. Or if you just have to play BG1/BG2 on a tablet.

Eventually, if not already, the great mods for BG2 will get redone to work in BG2:EE, so that really shouldn't be the main consideration.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered
30. Re: Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered Dec 11, 2013, 16:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Trailer looks great, stretch goals sound iffy. However, reading their page a bit, the developers state why they would want to add more wilderness areas and 3 more companions:

1) More wilderness areas would be more fun for the players(debatable, I hated walking around mostly empty areas in IE games)

2) They want to have at least one companion of each class to the game, currently they are 3 short.(I agree with this at least, I like having a selection for every class for companions.)

They should just say that in the update, but I had to dig through the forums to find some random person quoting a developer in an interview.

the "rope kid" quotes

News Comments > Morning Interviews
19. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 10, 2013, 22:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

PropheT wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 18:17:
I bought into the Kickstarter, and then when they dumped the game out to the Humble store I get a key that doesn't work that no one would do anything about. Finally comes to Steam, and I can't get a key for that version to use it instead.

Pretty much just accepted that I lost the money and I don't think I'll give them more.

You sure you bought a key that gives you access at this point? Some of the Kickstarter keys are only for retail or post-beta. They are still in some sort of Alpha at this point, as far as I know.

Of course there may have been a change in that policy in one of the 90 emails they've sent out so far, I could have missed it.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Returns With No DRM
3. Re: Shadowrun Returns Returns With No DRM Dec 10, 2013, 12:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Uggggh, just bought this on Steam during the Thanksgiving sale! Should have wait for gog.com to get their act together, apparently.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patch
7. Re: Battlefield 4 Patch Dec 9, 2013, 22:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting, they are attempting to fix the death behind cover errors. Maybe there will be less 250+ ping people on every server trying to take advantage of the weird BF netcode.

That should result in way less rage on servers.

I seem to still get crashes after 4-5 rounds; I assume it's some sort of memory leak. Hopefully that's the crash they are talking about, because EVERYBODY seems to get that one eventually.

Sound crashes seem to be fixed for me, and removing my router(modem directly connected to my desktop) seems to have removed most if not all of the timeout style disconnection errors... flying is much smoother also. Linksys BEFS41, you were the weak link!

Will download the patch and try it out after work tomorrow.

ps. Anybody know a GREAT router for gaming? Wired, none of that wireless bullshit please.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Dec 7, 2013, 03:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy fuck, some of those injuries were probably pretty serious. Silly ass white(mostly) kids.

News Comments > More Survivor 2299 Teasing
19. Re: More Survivor 2299 Teasing Dec 6, 2013, 15:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rage 2 would blow peoples' minds for sure. They can only improve upon the original anyway, it'd be a decent choice.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2013, 11:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow that "Seattle man's frugal life" story is depressing as hell. He had 187 million dollars, and cut coupons and drank frozen orange juice? Live it up a little, snort some coke off a Brazilian model's ass, or something.

News Comments > Vector Jumps Onto Steam
5. Re: Vector Jumps Onto Steam Dec 5, 2013, 11:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Back in my day there weren't any cellphones either, really. Rotary phones with pulse dialing, payphones, etc. but I think most of us in are at least in the 30+ range on Bluesnews these days. I did eventually have NES though!

Anyway, played the demo, wasn't that impressed, at least on a PC setting. Time for more Far Cry 3, BF4, PoE, Skyrim, XCOM Enemy Within, etc. etc.

News Comments > Vector Jumps Onto Steam
3. Re: Vector Jumps Onto Steam Dec 5, 2013, 11:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

This used to be a phone game? Back in my day, phones played Tetris, and maybe Snake if you were lucky! in black on green screens! Kids are so lucky these days.

*taps my corn cob pipe on the arm of my rocking chair, mutters*

It seems to be on sale for 30% off right now also, down to $4.89.

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Issues
13. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 13:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

The sad thing is, this game is fucking amazing, IF the stars are aligned and you have a decent connection to a decent server and nothing crashes. Shooting choppers and jets down with a tank is still hilarious, as is mowing down infantry trying to run up and C4 my tank. I've been using the attack jet more as well, it's stupidly fun even with my mouse/keyboard setup and no separate sensitivity settings.

I'm starting to get the classic "Your Connection to EA Online was lost" issue again, which is extremely aggravating. If that happens, of course you are immediately disconnected from the actual game, which can crash/disconnect you on its own with ease.

Oh well, holiday sales are here again; I gave in and bought Far Cry 3 for like 7.49 or whatever, could be time to play some single player FPS action.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 4, 2013, 02:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Saboth wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 20:57:
I think that's the first humble bundle that I've owned every single game, and loved every single game. Quite a deal.

Same, except I'm missing Sanctum. Easily one of the best Humble Bundles.

News Comments > China Rises for BF4 Premium Members
13. Re: China Rises for BF4 Premium Members Dec 3, 2013, 18:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, downloaded the patch, Repaired my Install, and the servers are basically unplayable today. Not sure if it's my ISP, or some issue with BF4's servers, but it's about as choppy, if not worse than it was the first week of release.

Silk Road looks to be a potentially amazing map, at least if pilots shoot down that damned bomber.

News Comments > Path of Exile Status, Packs, and Patch
27. Re: Op Ed Dec 3, 2013, 18:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

PoE is a pretty good ARPG. It doesn't really start falling apart until high levels, when content starts to become extremely repetitive, and 5 or 6 link drops (the latter of which apparently has an astronomically low chance of dropping) are nowhere to be found. HP/damage starts to become skewed as well once you are into merciless and Dropped Maps, limiting builds in my opinion.

Crafting is entirely too random, if you can even call it crafting and not just straight gambling. Too many of the devs were D2JSP people, that's all there is to it.

As others have said, desync issues because of their client/server model are REALLY annoying, and make the game unplayable(at least for me) at certain times of day.

Still, it's free to play, and they will be adding the 4th act eventually. A few tweaks here and there, and it'll be an excellent game.

News Comments > PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week
7. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 15:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well shit, that makes me feel better that it was actually a bug, explains a lot of bullshit BF4 deaths.

Hooray, for these fixes in general actually, and good choice removing the EMP blur, although honestly I was getting used to it.

Of course, I just picked up a bunch of games from the Steam sales; I've already put like 10 hours into Infested Planet... might be a little break from BF4 for me.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 09:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm greatly looking forward to the day these "social" media things die off.

Do young people today seriously think posting videos of yourself online, doing ANYTHING, is a good idea? Ugh.

News Comments > Amazon Sales All Week
11. Re: Amazon Sales All Week Nov 25, 2013, 13:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

What a shame, easily 90% of this stuff is Xbox/PS3 related.

However I will consider picking up Heart of the Swarm if the price is right, and it may be finally time to get The Last of Us, if it's below the 9.99 mark.

There is no chance of a "Last of Us" pc version, right? As far as I know it's PS3 exclusive?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Week
15. Re: Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Week Nov 23, 2013, 21:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

CrimsonPaw wrote on Nov 23, 2013, 17:30:
Hopefully this means they're close to getting Conquest mode working on the PS4 ....

Holy shit, CONQUEST mode hasn't been working on the PS4!? That's terrible!

The PC version seems to slowly be getting patched into stability, not counting a few long term balance issues. I actually played through a complete cycle of all the maps the other day, it was glorious. First time I'd ever seen Dawnbreaker, and first time I ever FINISHED a round of Shanghai(high crash rate).

The attack jet is so great, I may actually deviate from my usual tank/apc/MAA/scout helo whoring to get some more flight time in that thing. Stealth jet is laughable, however.

Pistol scope, eh? It'll probably be reasonably useful, the pistols are pretty badass in BF4.

Now if only they could fix the FOV zooming issues, the sound issues on Golmud Railway, etc. this game would be great.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins
22. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Testing Begins Nov 20, 2013, 15:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

PoE has "pvp," sorta. It's pretty terrible right now. Server instability/desync issues make PoE unplayable even in solo games quite often, far more than D3 for me at least. It would have been amazing to have a moddable, offline version of PoE.

Everything else has been said to death about the positives and negatives of PoE/D3, I just hope the Grim Dawn developers are taking a good look at each game and learning from other peoples' mistakes.

vote for Grim Dawn 2014, for your ARPG fix!

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Nov 14, 2013, 19:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Previews? I think these are all reviews at this point, correct?

Although Battlefield 4 seems like it's still in Beta, so...

1245 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo