Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1750 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 9, 2014, 07:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

I doubt they will ever give you a satisfactory answer. Blizzard has no reason whatsoever to make the game more enjoyable WITHOUT the expansion, or even as enjoyable without the expansion.

Seeing as how you have 10 level 60s, one could say you already got your money's worth, and if you want more D3, maybe you should consider buying the expansion? Even then you'll eventually have to delete some characters though. If you are adamant in not buying the expansion, I'd say it's time to quit. You have effectively beaten vanilla D3.

Disclaimer: I'm done with D3, I did buy the expansion, wasn't overly impressed, Seasons are meaningless.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Metro 2033 from Humble Store
4. Re: Free Metro 2033 from Humble Store Nov 7, 2014, 21:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Very nice free game offering; Metro 2033 has a great atmosphere, decent story, decent gameplay. My biggest gripe was actually shooting off a ton of the expensive ammo by accident in the middle of a fight, ugh instant game-reload.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Beta Signups
7. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Beta Signups Nov 7, 2014, 21:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 21:14:
HOTS was a big game there wasn't much sting in buying that one.

I dunno, I should have put in a disclaimer, I did buy HotS at a discount, and the base game at full price... arguably I did get my money's worth, but this drawn out release is aggravating to me. I feel as though most of the die hard SC1 fans, at least my small circle of them, did not last through the SC2 nonsense.

Griping aside I'll be tempted to get this 'expansion' too when it goes on sale.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Beta Signups
3. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Beta Signups Nov 7, 2014, 20:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's not a trilogy, it's one game broken down and drawn out over 4+ years and sold to you in pieces to annoy people and generate more money.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS
44. Re: Far Cry 4 Requires 64-bit OS Nov 6, 2014, 17:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Krovven wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 17:40:
I've been watching for FarCry 3 to go on sale for about a month, and nothing. I'm surprised Ubisoft isn't throwing FC3 up for sale to generate more interest or even including it as a pre-order bonus.

Far Cry 3 was on sale more than a few times the past year or so, I expect it'll be on sale again for the Steam Holiday sale if you want to wait. I got it for like $7.50 or something and it was easily worth 2-3x that, by any measurement.

isthereanydeal.com shows it was that low like 7 months ago on gmg.com, so you may have to look outside of Steam to find a really low price.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 6, 2014, 17:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 17:06:
Blackguards is on sale for 66% off. Anyone play it?

A friend of mine bought it at the same time I was playing through Divinity: Original Sins... Blackguard is lacking in a lot of ways, and ended up being pretty boring as we compared them side by side. It does its hex-based combat reasonably well, the story was terrible, and there are better RPGs and hex-based games out on the market currently.

Still, 13.59 isn't terrible, just our consensus was the game is mediocre at best. The demo put me to sleep, as far as hands on experience.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 6, 2014, 17:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Star Wars: The Quest for Billions of Dollars!

Disclaimer: I will watch SW:Episode VII, as is required by law.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
4. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 17:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hooray, more funding for Star Citizen! I wonder what their $200M stretch goals will be! /mild sarcasm, slightly shocked disbelief.

Disclaimer: I have contributed zero dollars to Star Citizen, but appreciate the continued updates on this socio/psychological experiment.

News Comments > The Talos Principle Tech Demo
1. Re: The Talos Principle Tech Demo Nov 6, 2014, 17:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Stormlord is not pleased at their continual use of his name.  

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
20. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 16:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:44:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 15:10:

You did watch the Cyberpunk 2077 trailer didn't you? When that shoe drops, it's in the form of two 30cm blades in her forearms that eviscerate you.

Jeebus, that's like Ghost In The Shell, The Game. Sign me up!

Given that it's a gorgeous female cyborg who has murdered some people while apparently(?) unknowing, I immediately thought of Neuromancer(William Gibson), and Molly Millions. Still, that trailer is/was amazing, and CD Projekt is a great RPG maker, it should be sweet.

News Comments > The Witcher III Free DLC Plans
19. Re: The Witcher III Free DLC Plans Nov 6, 2014, 16:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

16!?! That's great and all, and I was going to buy Witcher 3 anyway, but now I have no incentive to buy it early... more like in a year and a half after when all these DLCs are finally released.

News Comments > Fallout: Shadow of Boston TM a Hoax
8. Re: Fallout: Shadow of Boston TM a Hoax Nov 5, 2014, 20:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

What a shame, imagine all the rausted cahrs that'd be piled up around havaahhrd yaaaarrhd.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans
18. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans Nov 5, 2014, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Damn... got in late, missed the chance to make any Polish vs polish jokes!!! Arrrgh!

News Comments > World of Speed Trailer
1. Re: World of Speed Trailer Nov 4, 2014, 21:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks pretty damned good, I'm not a huge racing sim fan but I could see getting some decent hours out of this.

Added to the Steam sale list of course.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
6. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Nov 4, 2014, 21:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, this appears as though it'll be well worth the 10-20 dollars I'll spend on it when it goes on sale eventually.

News Comments > Sun Sets on Dawngate
6. Re: Sun Sets on Dawngate Nov 4, 2014, 21:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Seventyfive wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 19:42:
Ozmodan wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 19:40:
MOBA's are on the decline. EA got in a bit late to the party.

"Riot Games earned $624 million from League of Legends last year, and that was only good enough for second place on the top-ten free-to-play earnings list. In 2014, however, it's shot to number one, and is poised to be the first to break $1 billion in microtransaction revenues." -PC Gamer

Dead eh?

624 Million!? Holy fucking SHIT. There is no hope for humanity.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Nov 4, 2014, 18:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 13:46:
So SimCity 4 Deluxe with 60% off is 20 bucks? The fu...?

Well, it is deluxe...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2014, 16:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 15:44:
I think any discussion is pointless as far as what America can do because we live in an environment in which virtually every Republican blames all of that on the Democrats, virtually every Democrat blames it on the Republicans, and every independent voter is some hipster contrarian who spends all day blogging about conspiracy theories and blames it on the illuminati. The idea that you can still work with people with whom you don't agree on every single thing to accomplish things for the common good is so foreign that if you suggest it people look at you like you have lobster crawling out of years. The system isn't broken; WE are broken.

No disagreement here, the us/them mentality and no willingness to reach a compromise are killing this country. Maybe when every state legalizes marijuana people can relax a little more, and be more open minded.

*EDIT* Whoops I should have combined posts, my bad, Blue.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2014, 16:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2014, 15:31:

That's why your infrastructure is falling apart and you spend more on military than the rest of the planet combined.

This is America encapsulated in a single political cartoon.

You don't need to tell me, I've lived here for almost 40 years, and watched several states' worth of bridges fall apart. But hey we do have a ton of expensive fighter/bomber jets.

I am continually amazed when people get extremely angry over the concept of universal health care in this country. How dare we try to plan to pay for the medical care we have to give to our citizens anyway!(emergency rooms) I'd be depressed, if I didn't just shoot a guy with my tank's main gun as he tried to bail out of helicopter (BF4).

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 4, 2014, 14:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Smell the Black Glove. But you know, not over and over.

1750 Comments. 88 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo