Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1692 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 27, 2014, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, that Black Hat Keynoter article... now those are some truly intelligent hackers. Script kiddies need not apply when you're using lasers and drones to hack a network through a scanner/printer.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 27, 2014, 21:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy FUCK. This could be so awesome... although it all depends on which version of Dr. Strange they go with, aka classic 80s style, or modern Illuminati version. Unfortunately it'll probably be the latter. Still, it could be great.

Here's hoping they cast Jason Scott Lee as Wong. Donnie Yen would work too, but his English isn't great. Ugh, another Marvel movie I'm required to see.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless Oct 27, 2014, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I've been watching this one for a few months; it looks great, and for the regular price of 13 bucks I'll probably just give in and buy it.

Although I can't remember the last time I actually successfully finished one of these rogue-like games, usually I just end up leaving piles of my corpses around.

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
19. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 21:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, the graphics were pretty terrible, but I'll probably STILL buy those games and play through them again; it's been like 20 years. *sheds tear*

For that matter, I think I missed out on whatever enhanced versions were floating around, so that'll be a step up at least.

Although, nothing but rumors so far that it's LucasArts... watch it be somebody else entirely.

News Comments > etc.
39. Re: etc. Oct 27, 2014, 08:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

chainsawsuit.com  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 26, 2014, 12:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

That's an extremely interesting article by Assange. Too bad everyone on here is burning all their energy on Gamergate.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2014, 12:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Obligatory:

Penny Arcade

xkcd

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
51. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 26, 2014, 07:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Obligatory: https://xkcd.com/386/  

17. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 25, 2014, 18:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer, well done, but don't get drawn in too much by Yeahyeah, that is somebody's trolling account, registered Aug 29th, 2014.

3. Re: Breitbart Oct 25, 2014, 12:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, sad to see another circular Gamergate article on here, but I did find it interesting that 4chan has started to ban some Gamergaters? Now hopefully that will make those people sit back and re-evaluate their thought processes.(In the comments not the article itself)

Any chance for a real discussion is long gone, it's just fanatics yelling at each other now, with moderates getting drowned out in the noise.

News Comments > Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition Demo
1. Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition Demo Oct 25, 2014, 12:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, good. I'm liking this return to demos for new games, if you have confidence in your product, let people avoid any possible buyer's remorse.

Although now the question is, play the original (GoG version) first, or try this and potentially be spoiled graphically? The horns of a dilemma!

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
5. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 24, 2014, 22:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wolfox wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 21:57:
Funny thing is that this intro has a lot less action than the ones for Witcher 1 and 2, but fans of the books will be PUMPED. Like most of the CGI trailers for Witcher 3 so far, there are LOTS of nods to the books that people who only played the games won't get. Which is one great reason to read the books.

February can't come soon enough.

Have they translated more of the books? I bought two Polish to English translated Witcher novels like 8-10 years ago, that was all that was available at the time. They were great in my opinion, and definitely a different portrayal of Gerault, particularly compared to Witcher 1.

News Comments > Hardland Early Access
2. Re: Hardland Early Access Oct 24, 2014, 22:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 20:18:
Got wood seeing Ultima and BAK. Promptly lost wood looking at the visuals. Sigh.

Exactly... that's some serious lineage, bringing up Ultima and Betrayal at Krondor, and then they have these giant head graphics...

I try not to judge games by their graphics but this is too jarring for me.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 24, 2014, 22:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh crap Xenonauts was on sale on Gog... just bought it on Steam the other day.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
44. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 24, 2014, 22:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Julio wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 05:40:
bigspender wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 22:40:
It's not the correct place, what you are doing is watering down the severity of this issue by throwing the attention elsewhere.

What I'm doing is supporting equality. Harassment is an issue for all, not just the select few.

I am impressed Julio. You are turning into quite the Warrior for Social Justice, with your two headed campaign against both Corrupt Journalism and the Harassment of Men!

Try to take the above as the light kidding it is, because while those are both serious issues, here is how you come across:

Person 1: Somebody threatened to rape and kill me!

Julio: Well, these other people over here were also harassed. Stop being a SJW/victim/whatever.

The issues you claim to support are indeed serious, but when your first response to any of these female harassment threads is "X also happens" it seems like at best a deflection, if not outright intentional misdirection or just trolling.

Other similar examples:

Person 1: I am starving!

Person 2: Please keep in mind, other people are starving also.

--------

Person 1: My house is on fire!

Person 2: Other people have had their houses on fire.

etc. Clearly these are hyperbolic examples but you should be able to get the point. Person 1 is not invalidated because of what is happening elsewhere. It's fine to keep bringing up harassment in general but your placement seems conspicuously callous.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
1. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 24, 2014, 21:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Damn, now that is a gorgeous cinematic. I need to get around to finishing Witcher 2.

News Comments > Outlast 2 Plans Revealed
4. Re: Outlast 2 Plans Revealed Oct 24, 2014, 15:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, you know you're way behind on your game queue when they are making sequels to games you haven't even installed yet.

Damn Steam sales, I'll never finish them all.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 24, 2014, 01:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am surprisingly ok with this. I never use Comic Sans personally, but I'd like to have that typewriter to write some old style physical letters to people in an almost universally disliked font.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 24, 2014, 01:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

I know it's from Facebook, so that automatically discounts most of this data, but they also have the Cowboys and Giants as almost the same blue. Heresy!

News Comments > etc., etc.
58. Re: etc., etc. Oct 24, 2014, 01:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

beremot wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 01:08:

This guy can write something as bat shit fucking CRAZY as this, and only ONE person here is willing to straight up call him out on it? Really?

And if this is the level of discourse that the Blues News community has sunk to, then I'll go back to lurking, and skip reading this shit entirely.

To be fair, posts 38 and 43, but Max's post kinda made the whole thread in my opinion. Extreme views in Gamergate covering up any moderate message, seen in text form in this very thread. Seems like that does more on its own than any flaming we can do?

Don't lose heart, really. No internet discussion can go on for very long without a vast conspiracy theory jumping in.

1692 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo