Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1602 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Falling Skies Rises
3. Re: Falling Skies Rises Oct 1, 2014, 22:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 17:00:
Wtf its like watching an alpha version of XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Yeah... did they license that engine or something?

I don't watch this show, although I hear it's not terrible.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 1, 2014, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, they've definitely tossed a shitload of money at this game, if nothing else. Gorgeous game with mechanics all over the place, not really a surprise I guess.

I'll wait for post-release reviews, and a major drop in price before I jump in on this.

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
5. Re: Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 1, 2014, 21:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 20:09:
Original BL2 with all DLC at full retail was $130.00+

BL2 GoTY was $9.99 at sale time.

No reason to rush into this.

Exactly. I like Borderlands style combat, but not for anywhere near full price, when this game looks like it is 95% rehash. 10 bucks or less for the GotY version.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
52. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dammit, this game sounds and looks awesome! Must.. resist... urge to buy at full price!

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Arrives
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Arrives Sep 30, 2014, 10:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Note: Avira antivirus users: battlefield4.exe (or whatever the full name is) and the partial download both show up as a false positive Trojan, and Avira will ask to Quarantine them.

EA has actually already responded to this, saying they are working on a fix, but in the meantime the files are supposedly clean.(on BF4 PC forums)here

No other AV seems to flag the new .exe at this time.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
13. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 07:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh god dammit. Season pass bullshit for this game also?

Let me know when the discounted GotY version is out, I'm way past my DLC/crippleware tolerance point.

That said, this game does look pretty damned good.

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
6. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 07:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game actually looks like it'll be pretty fun, somewhere between old school Resident Evils, Dead Space series(with way less firepower), with a little bit of Outlast thrown in.

Yep, crap console textures...by the time I get around to buying it, 6months to a year after release, for 10 bucks, there had better be an official or unofficial hi-res pack out.

It's on the Steam Sale list, I mean wishlist.

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
16. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 15:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, as much as I want to bash Visceral, I loved the shit out of Deadspace 1 and 2, and tolerated DS3. All games ran flawlessly(except for crap mouse movement in DS1) on day one. Past mistakes by EA and DICE in particular might not do any actual harm to Visceral's release, aside from making them have to answer these sort of questions.

Disclaimer: I won't be buying Hardline most likely, purely because I still play BF4 a fair amount when I'm in a fps mood, which isn't that often these days with so much other stuff to play.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2014, 23:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 22:53:
HW is just not viable. You can buy the ammo, but you'll literally be spending all your cash on nothing BUT HW ammo.

Assault rifles / sniper rifles all the way. Shotguns are terrible (the cone typically hits your own guys more than you ever get a chance to hit multiple enemies), and while SMGs are okay, I doubt there's actually a better SMG anywhere to be found in Arizona than the shitty Greaser you start out with. So now my entire party does 40-50 damage from M16s and Bullpup sniper rifles, and my poor SMG gal is still standing there doing 10 damage.

Assault rifles are so overpowered, really, that there's little point to taking anything else except one or two snipers. Just sell all the other ammo you find.

Yeah, clearly AR and to a lesser extent Sniper Rifles are beastly... I see Heavy Weapons and melee as the more challenging path, probably for a future playthrough when I know the game a lot better.

I do have my Computer Science/Medic/Surgeon guy with a shotgun, and he does decent damage with the lever action shotgun, particularly vs low armor enemies. Still my 2 M16 and 2 Bullpup sniper guys usually kill most things at range long before he can do anything really useful. The one zone he excelled at, involving plagued Ghouls, I had to redo when I realized you could cure them all.

ps. Clearly I will have to be the first all Melee and Heavy Weapons player in Wasteland 2. Tons of Strength, terrible combat initiative!

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2014, 22:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

fiftykyu wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 22:10:

Have to agree, Wasteland 2 is a lot of fun. Somehow I've acquired two cows and a goat, which is making the combat a bit tedious - I can't bear to see the poor things killed and keep reloading...

I had up to 3 goats for awhile with the Animal Companion enabled Sniper, but they only have 5 hp and randomly get blown up by splash damage in every battle, particularly random encounter combats where grenade enemies sometimes spawn in range of you. For 1 point in Awareness, not worth it after awhile.

Also, I gave in and restarted... skill choice matters a LOT, and having multiple characters with the same skill(Mechanical Repair, etc.) is a complete waste of points. I am debating using a save editor to fix some of the npcs, some of them seem to have the worst skill choices ever. Infuriating!

Finally, I want to read about somebody having a successful game with a Heavy Weapons user as one of their four... HW chews through rifle ammo so fast I can't see it being viable, when you loot like 3-4 bullets or less, every so often.

Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Energy Weapons, Pistols all the way.
Maybe one shotgun guy to use up shotgun ammo.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2014, 15:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Life is Feudal" hohoho, quite clever. The videos of it actually look pretty good, but it's still in "Early Alpha..." for $40.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2014, 11:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 10:05:
They met and had kids before the accident unless I'm reading the article wrong.

They had 2 kids before, and one kid after. Like right after, according to the article. So a shitty move by the husband, one might gather.

But yes, ridiculously difficult situation for everybody.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
47. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2014, 05:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 04:34:
and it relates very much to gaming, so I discuss it here.

Here is where I disagree completely. This has almost nothing to do with gaming at this point, aside from the indirect fallout of making some developers quit due to disgust or fear. This has turned into some sort of mob mentality crusade vs some sort of imagined group of "SJWs" which apparently everybody has a different definition for.

Whatever supposed crimes may have been committed in the beginning have been utterly lost in the torrent of generic condeming of X groups. Replace "SJW" or "Feminist" with a racial group of your choice and people might be easier able to see how ludicrously over the top many of these posts are, even on Bluesnews.

This is why I suggest that it's simply time to let it go, the time for anything positive to come out of this is LONG gone. There is no coherent message anymore. It's just various extremists ranting at each other.

Anyway, either people will slowly, glacially slowly, come to realize this or they'll keep raging until they have aneurysms.

42. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2014, 03:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 02:13:
I volunteer about 20 hours a week at an animal rescue and I have a daughter who was recently committed to a mental hospital for a suicide attempt. Your assumption that someone who cares about this issue is lacking perspective or is living a "bowl of cherries" life is incorrect.

At no point did I say anybody's life is perfect, and I'm extremely sorry to hear that, Prez. So maybe this whole thing should be even less important to you in comparison? I don't know how your mind works obviously.

Lacking perspective, whether you fit into that category or not, happens to all of us from time to time. Don't take it as a personal insult, that's why this thing keeps going on and on as it is.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 25, 2014, 23:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I am done supporting Kickstarters, but this looks pretty good.

Although it does beg the question, if they have a gigantic fortress vehicle, armed to the teeth, why do people keep getting out of it to go fight on foot vs random groups of mutants/marauders?

39. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 25, 2014, 23:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, what the hell, people are still getting worked up over this shit? Take a break, relax, be glad you have the leisure time to complain about the possible corruption of people who don't matter in the slightest. Go volunteer at a soup kitchen or something, see some people with real problems.

This whole 'discussion' has gotten to be a complete joke, people don't even know what the hell they are arguing for or against at this point. Israel and various Arab countries could take a look at this sort of bullshit and realize how human this sort of logical failure is and how foolish it is to keep hanging on to shit that (might) have happened a long time ago to complete strangers.

Let it go. You will resolve nothing. No one actually involved in this scandal means anything. Nothing will change for better or worse because of this. There is much worse corruption EVERYWHERE in human society. Literally every aspect of human society is more corrupt than whatever might have happened here in 'gaming.'

It's also the most base form of prejudice to blame an entire group for the actions of one or even a few individuals. That goes every which way in this situation, of course.

Just take a deep breath, let it go. Nothing anybody, on any side, is doing at this point is improving any aspect of gaming or any sort of basic human interaction.

ps. Obvious reply post, so why did I post? The damned dichotomy of man! The rational side of me says ignore it, the compassionate part of me says help these poor saps see the forest instead of just one tree.

*EDIT* Also, "Luck Prevails" ? I don't know whether to applaud your name or throw down a gauntlet.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2014, 23:11.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 25, 2014, 22:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

I read the entire article; the husband sounds like a piece of shit, but at the same time that situation must be insanely difficult for everybody involved. I cannot imagine doing much better as any member of that family, honestly.

Also, at least from the article, it sounds as though the initial team of doctors kinda dropped the ball, or burned through the insurance money and threw up their hands, etc. because 10 days is ludicrous for complete memory loss and reduction to a near infantile state.

Crazy, crazy, situation. Head trauma is no joke... I wonder how common it is to use huge segments of long term memory like that with zero recovery.

News Comments > Trine & Trine 2 Editor Beta
2. Re: Trine & Trine 2 Editor Beta Sep 25, 2014, 14:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, this is still good news, some experienced people or even some just patient and dedicated people will be able to do quite a lot with this tool.

I am not sure how small Frozenbyte is(very small, I'd assume) so I can understand them not having a ton of cash to spare making this more user friendly for people outside the company, especially when they are releasing it for free.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2014, 10:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

10% food fine for garbage bins? That seems like I'd be paying that a lot, if they count food waste items, ie. chicken bones, sliced off pieces of vegetables or gristle/fat from meat, etc.

Almost everything else gets recycled(plastics, paper, metals, glass), so my actual trash is probably MOSTLY 'food' garbage at this point.

Ah, reading the article, compost bins are available. Nice work, Seattle.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
8. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 10:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, congrats to them, but I hope they sell a lot more. $1.5 mil is not even a drop in the bucket compared to mainstream games, this will do nothing to convince studios to do a triple A level RPG.

1602 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo