Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1870 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 14, 2015, 10:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I'm tempted to go in for at least $15 for Shadowrun:HK, I got the first two, played through the first one and found it good, and the second one apparently is much better, according pretty much universal reviews. (It's in the queue!)

I'll burn through Dragonfall real quick and see if I still want another game in that engine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Diablo 3 patch Jan 13, 2015, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, this D3 patch isn't terrible, but it sure doesn't feel like the result of 6+ months of work.

There are still plenty of 'dud' legendaries with no Legendary affix, 2-3 years after release. D3 will be FAR better off if they drop this seasonal bullshit and just give EVERY legendary a USEFUL affix.

Offline/Mod ability would help also.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 13, 2015, 18:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I've been playing the Banner Saga recently, that score is so depressingly amazing. Hopefully Wintory's protest goes well. From that article and the linked ones it sounds like yet another attempt by corporations to ream some musicians.  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 13, 2015, 18:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Poor Lucas, a few good ideas lost in an avalanche of shitty ones.

It'll really burn when these new films come out and blow his last three out of the water.

Still, he made a metric shit-ton of money off of this franchise, nobody's going to be shedding too many tears.

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
20. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 13, 2015, 06:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cl1mh4224rd wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 02:20:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 16:45:
Free to play, MMO, SOE? What's the deal on micropayments or ads or whatever their funding model is?

This is from 9 months ago: H1Z1 monetization plans revealed.

Hrm, a little vague, but they claim they're going to attempt to avoid pay to win. I'll check this game out eventually.

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
6. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 12, 2015, 16:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Free to play, MMO, SOE? What's the deal on micropayments or ads or whatever their funding model is?

Nothing on their webpage or Steam, from my extensive 5 second glance, feature list seems interesting though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2015, 13:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fion wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 13:23:
All you people talk about this time of year is Hand-Egg. :/

Haha, an excellent usage of the classic Hand-Egg.

I'd say Payton should retire immediately, but he's still getting paid millions to play a child's game so... stay until you're 50, Manning. Just don't go into politics!

News Comments > Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball Next Month; User Ratings Soar
8. Re: Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball Next Month; User Ratings Soar Jan 10, 2015, 21:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

I was kind of curious about the extremely high percentage of positive reviews as well, so I read a bunch (through Steam). They all, of the 30-40 or so I read through, have several to dozens of hours in the game.

Admittedly, I did not read through all 520+, but I don't think there is any sort of major scam going on here or even anything as tame as overly eager fanboys.

You are right though, to a certain extent. 100> players is pretty small for multiplayer, but you have to keep in mind this game has zero marketing budget, 1 developer, mostly word of mouth or stuff like Bluesnews, which is basically about 30-50 somewhat bitter old men arguing with each other.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2015, 20:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

That really is a great Fallout 3 rap song; I have the urge to reinstall FO3 or FO:NV and start lasering people.

News Comments > Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month
8. Re: Stardock: Details on Three New Games Next Month Jan 10, 2015, 18:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Add another hope/request for Sins of a Solar Empire 2... I've put so many hours into SoaSE and Rebellion, it's a little ridiculous. Max map size, max stars, must...conquer and build up... every planet...

SoaSE is probably my favorite single player RTS all time, didn't really enjoy the multiplayer as much as Starcraft or War3, or even Total Annihilation though.

News Comments > Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball Next Month; User Ratings Soar
6. Re: Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball Next Month; User Ratings Soar Jan 10, 2015, 17:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Game looks pretty fun, and base price of 9.99, definitely going to buy it when it's on sale. Play count increases by 1!

Every game starts somewhere, I remember early, EARLY CS betas, it was the same like 20ish people playing on a server, now look how stupidly huge that game/series is.

I'm not saying that this game will get that big, but clearly it's good enough to gain a bit more of an audience as time goes on.

*EDIT* Typo.

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2015, 18:52.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 9, 2015, 18:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not only did they cover every hot topic buzzword, they misspelled rogue! (unless that was Blue). This game cannot fail to succeed.  

News Comments > Dying Light Videos
3. Re: Dying Light Videos Jan 9, 2015, 16:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 15:08:
The environment looked extremely repetitive as did the zombie smash gameplay.

I thought this was going to be more along the lines of a Grand Theft Auto type open city with zombies in it. This is just a reskinned version of Dead Island with Parkour like movement system.

Correct... if you didn't like Dead Island, this game is probably not for you.

I liked Dead Island a hell of a lot after buying it during a Steam sale, at the very least I'll get Dying Light the same way. It looks good, not great.

News Comments > Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned
8. Re: Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned Jan 9, 2015, 03:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Krovven wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 01:55:
I missed the part where they said they were developing it in the Infinity Engine. Oh wait no I didn't. You guys are pulling shit from your asses as usual. Not to mention they clearly stated its what they would like to do but wasn't happening right now.

Right here:

Adventure Y

This year, the eagerly anticipated Adventure Y will finally navigate the dark underground caverns of development and venture out into the Sword Coast. We’ve mentioned before that Adventure Y will be an addition to the Baldur’s Gate line using the Infinity engine, bridging the gap between Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition.

It's the first game they mention before any newer project. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but engine choice + game timeline, for that one at least, seems like a real uphill battle.

News Comments > Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned
4. Re: Game Set Between Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Planned Jan 8, 2015, 20:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh...as much as I loved the Infinity Engine games, and BG2 may be my favorite game of all time(with mods), it is definitely time to retire that engine.

Besides, how the hell is that going to work, level wise? BG1 ends around level 7-9, BG2 starts at about 8-9ish, goes to 40, with various expansions even in vanilla versions.

Of course I'll be eager to check out what they finally come up with, but it sounds like they are destined to just disappoint and piss off all the real BG1/BG2 fans.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
37. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 8, 2015, 16:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 16:00:
ShadyPete wrote on Jan 8, 2015, 15:56:
according to this it appears most of the funding is coming from those making less than 10k per year..

https://www.instant.ly/report/54a985dde4b0cea5d72c8c2a
That seems legit

On on the one hand, I was amused by the people who chose "Velociraptor" as their gender. On the other hand, I was shocked and dismayed that 25 people have spent $20,000 or more on Star Citizen!

My greatest fear is that there is a Velociraptor out there with the free cash to drop 20K on this game...

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Pre-Purchases & Bonuses
4. Re: Resident Evil HD Pre-Purchases & Bonuses Jan 8, 2015, 16:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Man, I have so many great memories of playing the first Resident Evil... must resist the temptation to buy this until after some reviews come out, post release.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $69M
34. Re: Star Citizen at $69M Jan 8, 2015, 15:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

P.T. Barnum was right. That's what this Star Citizen experiment has really proven.  

News Comments > Hellblade for PC Revealed; May Support 4K, Mods
1. Re: Hellblade for PC Revealed; May Support 4K, Mods Jan 8, 2015, 15:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mildly interesting, but of course the trailer has zero game footage.

Of course coming from the developers of Devil May Cry, I can sorta guess how the gameplay is going to be...

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 7, 2015, 09:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, debating the Abstract Bundle... I have been looking to get Meltdown, but most of the other games in that package seem like either shovelware or school projects. Not that $2.49 is a huge sum, but it's the principle.

1870 Comments. 94 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo