Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1300 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 7, 2014, 13:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

*ba dum tissh!

To be fair your phone will be patched to stability about 4-5 months after you download those ringtones.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.8M Subscribers
9. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.8M Subscribers Feb 7, 2014, 10:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 08:37:
Different people like different games. Whoa.

Impossible! Of course there are people still playing UO and EQ, so WoW's retention shouldn't be surprising, I guess.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches Feb 7, 2014, 10:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cheaters/griefers in the new wave of persistent survival games? Who could have seen this coming?  

News Comments > Dead Island Epidemic Beta Signups Redux
1. Re: Dead Island Epidemic Beta Signups Redux Feb 7, 2014, 10:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Lol. Surely the MOBA market has surpassed critical mass by now? There cannot be enough MOBA players left to play all of these new DotA ripoffs? Keep tossing these things out though, developers, instead of doing anything remotely innovating.

*DISCLAIMER* Not in any way a MOBA player.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.8M Subscribers
6. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials - WoW at 7.8M Subscribers Feb 7, 2014, 04:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit, how are people still playing that game?

Not just a few, die-hard fanatics either. Almost 8 million people... ridiculous. Congratulations to Blizzard on their long term mind control /cash generation scheme.

News Comments > Men of War Assault Squad 2 Delayed
3. Re: Men of War Assault Squad 2 Delayed Feb 6, 2014, 15:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Another month, ugh. Well, I had already pre-ordered.

More time to mess about with various other games, I guess. Some more polish for MoW:AS2 won't be terrible.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
22. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 6, 2014, 00:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 23:58:
An Aquatic Planet...

Hmmm, new playable species?

Its a Tarp!

Rofl, I know that's a typo, but that's hilarious for some reason! Aaah, a Tarp!

News Comments > Hawken Relaunching on Steam
13. Re: Hawken Relaunching on Steam Feb 6, 2014, 00:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 23:33:
Yeah. Are you awesome at FPS? Are you OK with Mech type movement?

I played it on and off before its now launch to Steam. For me, it was super easy. I spent 0 cash on that game and always ranked high on the kill boards with the starter Mech , the crappiest of crap Mech in the game... meaning the game is very forgiving if you just want to hop in and play it, you won't get smoked and rolled up if you know how to FPS.

I am a FPS BEAST.

I will try it at some point since it is Steam/Free to Try, and now ridiculously easy to get to being on Steam and all. I will need to quit my job at some point to play all of these games though.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $38M
5. Re: Star Citizen Passes $38M Feb 5, 2014, 21:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game will never actually be completed at this rate. Feature creep doesn't even begin to cover the Star Citizen scenario.

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > 50 More Steam Greenlights
3. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Feb 5, 2014, 21:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fion wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 20:29
ueue the next wave of Alpha games that cost $60 and offer 4 features that somehow sell 1.5m copies in 3 days. [/quote:

Lol, exactly right, although you left out the last part: They take an additional 7-10 years to actually get get to the release version.

News Comments > Hawken Relaunching on Steam
6. Re: Hawken Relaunching on Steam Feb 5, 2014, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Anybody actually playing Hawken? Assuming it's possible to progress without spending real money, how much of a hassle is it to go entirely free to play? Also how Pay to Win is it, if at all?

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
20. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 12:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

NKD wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 10:45:
They've got it down to a 3Mbit minimum so far. The issue is that since the terrain is made of voxels and it's a large seamless world, they can't store static meshes of the world on your hard drive. It's like Minecraft in that you're streaming the terrain data to your system on the fly.

What the horse shit? 3Mbit? Rofl, I haven't been keeping up to date on EQN news... that pretty much makes this game unplayable for me(and most people in the US?) because of ISP monthly bandwidth caps.

Sigh, oh well. It's probably not going to be anything special anyway. *Sour Grapes*

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
1. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 09:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

no 32-bit OS support? Hardly surprising. In other news, EverQuest Next requires a video card made after 2011.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Feb 3, 2014, 21:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 13:12:
BF4 needs more a higher update rate, its pathetically low. Playing something like Counter-Strike or TF then going to BF4 makes this very apparent. I like the game for what it is but they could fix a lot of the gunplay issues with lower player counts and higher update rates.

Like most people on bluesnews(probably) I've put in years worth of time on CS, CS:S, QWTF, Quake1-3, TFC, TF2, etc etc. BF4/BF3 aren't really comparable to those mostly hitscan games with no terrain deformation or vehicles.

I WISH BF4 had the hit detection of a 100tic CS server, but that isn't going to be possible until we're all on fiber with beastly comps and servers.

I sure as hell wouldn't trade 64 players for some fractionally better hit detection. I usually stick to servers I know run solo on a dedicated machine, and avoid playing at peak Japanese/Russian High Ping invasion times, aka early morning East coast.

It's just too much fun on 64 player Golmud Railway. I can't even wait for DICE to get their act together enough to re-release Caspian Border, the greatest map of all time. What other game is going to let you shoot down a transport chopper with your tank, machine gun most of the guys as they try to bail out, then roadkill the last guy as he is about to 'safely' land with his parachute? The other 59-60 players are just required to act as stunned witnesses to that sort of event.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: BF4 Disaster Report Feb 3, 2014, 12:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

I don't think the BF series is ever going to have truly tight hitboxes/hit detection like Quake 3, or any game without vehicles/terrain destruction.

However you can have a better time playing if you avoid servers that have people with pings over 200 or so, and/or only play on servers that are running on a dedicated machine, ie. none of the servers that are running multiple instances on one box.

The second one is harder to accomplish, because not all admins even realize their server is just one of many instances running on one rented box, but dedicated solo servers are out there. Usually the server webpage will advertise itself as such.

Also technically I don't think BF4 uses hitboxes, but yes I know what you mean. Player position lag + some client side hit detection = you get shot after you are somewhere else/behind cover.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 3, 2014, 12:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Anybody use that TinyWall firewall? I was about to try it, then realized their home site is in Hungary, that seems like a red flag.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 2, 2014, 12:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

I've only played the DayZ mod... and it was honestly pretty boring. Spawn, run around trying to find a can of soup or whatever, get machine gunned by other players before you can even get killed by zombies. Or conversely, run into nothing but buggy-pathing zombies, kill them, repeat until you run out of ammo or get bored.

Maybe the standalone will be different? I hear it has the same animation bugs as the mod though.

News Comments > Matador Announced
2. Re: Matador Announced Feb 2, 2014, 10:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell, this looks awesome. I'm sold unless the price is ridiculous, or the controls end up being utterly horrible without a gamepad or something.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not on a holy war against gamepads, I am just far better with KB/Mouse.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 2, 2014, 10:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, people need to stop buying DayZ, that game will not be finished before 2017.

That said, congrats to the DayZ team, they've hit the sweet spot for indie gaming sales apparently.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Adds Mantle Support
1. Re: AMD Catalyst Beta Adds Mantle Support Feb 2, 2014, 10:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Meh, still beta. Let me know when this is a finalized release.

1300 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo