Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1349 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2014, 11:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fucking George R.R. Martin... finish the BOOKS before you contemplate raking in movie level cash, please.

The last thing fantasy readers need is another Robert Jordan dying before he even finishes writing the main series.

Although Song of Ice and Fire has really been going downhill in quality, it'd be nice to get an ending.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near
16. Re: Diablo III Missing Items Fix and Preorder Wings Near Mar 21, 2014, 11:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

MoonSpook wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 11:04:
This is in reply to LgFriess, I did Quote him but it kept breaking the post for some reason:

There is a bug on this site, and I assume others that use the same code, you can't quote anything that starts with qu...

You need to at least put a space first.

Instead of [quote="Somebodyuick question it would have to be:

Somebody wrote:
Quick question

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 April 2014 Feature Pack Mar 20, 2014, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm still relatively new to GW2, but I really didn't think the Trait system was that confusing. Who exactly was spending less than multiples of 5 in any given trait line? The giant hexagons every 5 points seemed pretty straightforward. I'll have to wait and see, I guess.

Forcing people to do dungeons to get some traits seems like it will end badly. Currently it's near impossible to find groups for some dungeons at most times of the day, compared to WvW or PvP where you can easily play basically 24 hours a day if you wanted to. At least on my server.

Then when there is a group for a given dungeon, they only want Berserker Warriors with 6k Attack, etc.

I assume the cost to buy those same traits is going to be prohibitive, or requires excessive grinding of some new drop.

Still, the grandmaster traits don't sound half bad, although the last thing necros or mesmers need is any sort of buff.

News Comments > Sacred 3 in August
5. Re: Sacred 3 in August Mar 19, 2014, 23:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

MysterD wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 23:31:

Sacred 2: Gold got its Securom DRM removed in the version on Gamersgate - it's now DRM-FREE there:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-S2GE/sacred-2-gold-edition

Also, Steam-version of S2: Gold only uses Steam, nowadays:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/846941710563752357/

Hrm, interesting. Still, not going to buy it for 20 bucks, it's on my Steam sale list now.

News Comments > More QuakeCon Preregistration Tonight
1. BLUE- BUG under the BF4 Naval announcement below! Mar 19, 2014, 21:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

As the topic says, Battlefield 4 Naval topic is BUGGED, cannot post any comments there. Please fix.

News Comments > Sacred 3 in August
1. Re: Sacred 3 in August Mar 19, 2014, 21:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm... couldn't really see a ton of gameplay in that video, but the game is going to have to be pretty badass to make a dent in the Diablo 3 / PoE / Grim Dawn world.

Sacred 1 = not bad.
Sacred 2 = terrible DRM, had to skip it.
Sacred 3 = simultaneous release on consoles? Uh oh.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2014, 11:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Wireless ectricity? It's here."

-Nicola Tesla, circa 1893.

Not a literal quote, obviously, but it's not exactly "new."

News Comments > GOG.com Adding Linux
1. Re: GOG.com Adding Linux Mar 18, 2014, 11:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good, but something tells me not very many developers or Gog themselves will spend a lot of time/money making linux executables for old games.

Still, limited selection is better than no selection.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
11. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 11:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rhett wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 10:40:
Aaaaaand I forgot about this (IRL issues), and I forgot to sell my gems, and to look for anything worth grabbing.

Assuming you buy the expansion(ie. level cap 70) nothing was worth buying on the AH, since you cannot use the mystic on legacy items.

If you are not going to buy the expansion, then still you most likely didn't miss out on anything worthwhile, not counting some perfect stat roll Mempo or something that somebody was giving away. Even without the expansion, lifesteal is reduced 90% at level 60, making most of the "great" legendaries a joke in 2.0

All that said, I've put in probably 30 hours on patch 2.0.x; I'll most likely buy the expansion. I only have around 17 million gold( no real GAH/RMAH use during their lifespan), hopefully Blizzard doesn't raise crafting prices too much.

News Comments > EverQuest Turns 15
7. Re: EverQuest Turns 15 Mar 17, 2014, 11:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ahh, EQ, you evil son of a bitch. How many days of my life were thrown away punching alligators in the face and running from Sand Giants?(Monks ruled)

One of the greatest memories of my video game life was when I killed my first Sand Giant solo in EQ.

Probably the worst video game memory I have is also from EQ, camping the Beholder's zero weight bag for my monk for like 12 hours straight before I quit and uninstalled EQ forever.

So many cool aspects to Everquest, so many horrible design decisions, in hindsight at least.

News Comments > Gauntlet Remake This Summer
12. Re: Gauntlet Remake This Summer Mar 17, 2014, 11:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty good, if the price/drm aren't ridiculous I'll probably pick it up.

Magicka had some great aspects, good netcode. I don't see Arrowhead doing anything horrible to the Gauntlet formula to ruin this game, and they have slapstick violence down pretty well.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 16, 2014, 14:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

I can't believe people are still buying DayZ/Rust/Survival Game X... Alpha.

also, I can't believe it's not butter!

News Comments > Dragons and Titans Launches
5. Re: Dragons and Titans Launches Mar 13, 2014, 20:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ok, this is just getting ridiculous. Yet another MOBA... surely some of these developers must be realizing by now, that this joke of a sub genre is already saturated?

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Mar 11, 2014, 21:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Going to try this out pretty soon, but it looks like they did NOT fix the 2h damage bug(2handers are rolling with 1h or lower damage).

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2014, 21:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 20:45:
TBS? Yes? No? Wait for it to go lower? How long is it?

About the same, I was debating buying it, but nobody I know actually has it. Also, be warned, no subtitles are available in the game, from what I am reading on the Steam forums.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 11, 2014, 08:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, that dog is just stupid, but the person with the laser light is lucky the dog didn't start trying to bite the dot, like some dogs tend to do.

It's all fun and games until somebody gets canine fangs sunk into their neck.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2014, 08:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Grim Dawn is already pretty good, in its Alpha/Beta-ish state. It will most likely be completed, barring some horrible events, and they seem to be churning through their design list pretty steadily.

It is definitely an evolution of Titan Quest though. If you hated TQ, you will most likely dislike or outright hate Grim Dawn.

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
63. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I was at least hoping for a huge campaign. Given the developers I guess that was a lost cause. Gameplay looks pretty good, I'll probably still buy this when it hits $9.99 or so.

Looking forward more to the full release of Hawken though, to be honest.

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month
12. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 11, 2014, 08:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

As with most of the commenters below, I was also a bit underwhelmed by Van Helsing. Of course, I did finish the game, and didn't really feel ripped off or anything for the 7 bucks or whatever it cost on sale...

I will probably get this also once the summer sale hits. They had some good ideas, and hopefully the actual combat will be better.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $40M
27. Re: Star Citizen Passes $40M Mar 11, 2014, 08:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, the circus around this game isn't even funny anymore. It's just embarrassing to see people tossing thousand of dollars at virtual ships in a game that won't even be released for a year (the last piece).

Come on, humanity. Surely P.T. Barnum wasn't going to be right forever ?

1349 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo