Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2124 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Visceral's Han Solo Game?
6. Re: Visceral's Han Solo Game? May 9, 2015, 19:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wetworks24 wrote on May 9, 2015, 16:53:
I'd rather they work on Dead Space 4 than another Star Wars game. We need more good survival horror games.

I somewhat agree... Dead Space 2 was amazing, Dead Space 3 was a big step backwards though. Why oh why, with all these amazing crafting options, are we limited to two guns in DS3, when DS1 and 2 allowed 4 guns each with 2 modes of fire? Etc. etc.

I can only hope they go in a more DS1/DS2 direction if they do end up making a Dead Space 4.

As far as the Han Solo game, it'll probably be mediocre at best.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Launches
2. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Launches May 9, 2015, 17:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Darks wrote on May 9, 2015, 15:13:
Another stupid wanabe game. they would have been better off making Sins 2 then this POS.

My thoughts exactly, although I'm sure Ironclad was less than ecstatic about their Sins of a Solar Empire sales.

It has to be the worst possible time to enter the MOBA market... so many established games with huge player bases and twitch streams and pro tournaments already. I have no interest in MOBAs but you have to assume people who do are already well entrenched elsewhere.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch May 8, 2015, 22:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, FINALLY! The ability to turn off the Auto-leveling(and ruining, in my opinion) on NPCs. By the time I found the paladin she had picked seemingly random abilities/skills, this is a much needed improvement.

That said, they also mention patch 1.06 will be out later this month, I may just wait a bit longer for the 2nd playthrough.

I'm thinking all melee, or as much melee as possible for the next playthrough.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade
22. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade May 7, 2015, 20:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Awesome! Second Wasteland 2 and PoEt playthroughs in another few months or so, sounds like.

Also, clearly he was talking about a cinematic asteroid field, real life asteroid fields are so boring. Probably not any giant worms out in our asteroid belt either.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
22. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer May 7, 2015, 20:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks amazing... I really, really need to get the previous Witcher games finished. :/

Also, W3 needs to go on sale.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black May 7, 2015, 20:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on May 7, 2015, 19:52:

edit: Also, while you see the Kree in Marvel movies, you may never see the Skrulls.

What the happy HORSE SHIT!? Ugh, stupid corporations! The natural progression with the current Movie universe would be the Skrulls after Infinity Gauntlet/Civil War.

Figures, although I had known about the whole Fox abusing their Mutants license, I hadn't known Skrulls were off the table too.

Also, as others have said, pretty soon the movie format simply isn't going to work for these projects... there isn't enough time on screen for the amount of characters they plan on using.

News Comments > Magicka 2 Sneak Peek
1. Re: Magicka 2 Sneak Peek May 5, 2015, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks good, also looks like it'll be rage inducing in coop mode yet again, I wonder how long it'll last with my usual group.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer
4. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer May 4, 2015, 21:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks really good... I'm tempted to actually buy this new, which is sheer lunacy of course! I did feel I easily got my money's worth(sale) on Wolfenstein though, hrm...

News Comments > Project CARS Launch Trailer
3. Re: Project CARS Launch Trailer May 4, 2015, 21:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm not really a driving sim guy, but this does look gorgeous. It's going on the Steam Sale list.

News Comments > I am Bread Star Wars Update
10. Re: I am Bread Star Wars Update May 4, 2015, 21:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

ExitWound wrote on May 4, 2015, 15:12:
Sourdough shot first!
I'm sorry sir, but the correct answer should have been:

Pan shot first.

Haha! Even better.

Man I wish the new Star Wars movie was out, December feels like an exceedingly long time now.

News Comments > I am Bread Star Wars Update
2. Re: I am Bread Star Wars Update May 4, 2015, 09:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on May 4, 2015, 09:10:
Sourdough shot first!

Well played, sir.

Also, this mod looks more entertaining than Star Citizen and Elite:Dangerous, discuss.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced
1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition Announced Apr 29, 2015, 20:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice... now let me know when this version hits $9.99.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer
15. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Trailer Apr 28, 2015, 12:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks like it'll make some really good youtube videos, but I got bored of Just Cause 2 pretty quick when I actually played it.

I don't know what it was; probably just the utterly superhuman nature of your character vs a bunch of thugs with guns who have zero chance of posing any threat to you took most of the fun out of it for me.

Still, I'm tempted to add JC3 to the Steam sale list.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Farmer ignores police order... Apr 28, 2015, 12:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

*sigh* What is this world coming to, when a humble farmer can't build a lewd display out of hay bales without getting hassled by the man!?

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions
16. Re: Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions Apr 27, 2015, 22:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm still looking forward to the $9.99 single player version of this game.

I'm also looking forward to the Phd Theses in Psychology done on the people contributing to this game.

News Comments > Infested Planet: Trickster's Arsenal DLC Released
1. Re: Infested Planet: Trickster's Arsenal DLC Released Apr 25, 2015, 00:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

I bought this DLC today, it's pretty good, just like the base game is pretty good, and easily worth the sale price.

Nothing outstanding, a good tower defense-leaning RTS game with more options with this DLC.

The Developer could probably stop changing how medics or med-cubes work and I'd be a lot happier, aside from that it's great for an indie game with a microscopic budget and (I think?) a development team of 1.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers
3. Re: Killing Floor 2 EULA vs Griefers Apr 24, 2015, 23:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

I appreciate Tripwire's sentiment, but this will clearly be abused and misused to hell and back. I expect a lot of innocent players are going to get reported and get their cd keys/licenses revoked.

Just like every time this sort of thing gets tried, in any game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 12:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 11:46:
Also, hint to airline captains: If you're diving 20000 feet because you're worried about a loss of cabin pressure, ANNOUNCE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE DOING! That way the people on board your plane don't think they are plummeting to their deaths and pass out from fear.

This really doesn't seem that hard to frikkin' comprehend.

They must have made a quick announcement, otherwise this story would be about the 30-40 people hospitalized for head and neck injuries sustained due to lack of seat belts. The article and video are a bit sketchy and seemingly wrong on details, but if they were at 7,000 feet a minute at any point, everybody would have had to be strapped in, or stuck to the ceiling.

Also, TV news reporter, 7,000 feet a minute for 8 minutes = 56,000 feet, they would be several thousand feet below ground. (Starting altitude 37,000 )

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
25. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 14:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Trevellian wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 12:36:
What's with all the positivity in his thread? This is Blues. Everyone go back to being cynical you're freaking me out.

Some of us are probably still coming down off that 4/20 celebration high, so take this optimism with a grain of salt.

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
11. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 11:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 10:40:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 10:35:
Looks like it might be pretty good, although way too many games seem to be borrowing from Arkham's combat style these days.

The first thing I wanted to say after reading that was "...And is that a bad thing?", but then I paused and thought "Maybe it is?" and chew on that for a second. After that, I had decided to say the following:

...And is that a bad thing?

I can't give you a definitive answer, honestly. I liked the first Batman game a lot, the second one, starting to get bored of the combat style, but liked the game overall, third one I haven't played it yet.

I just hate it when I see a game, Batman or that LotR game, or Assassin's Creed or whatever, where you are fighting a guy, surrounded by his buddies, and they just kinda stand there waiting for you to chain-execute the first guy.

The Driving looks cool, the melee combat looks.. ok, I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on this at least. Hopefully at some point you get to upgrade that deformed slave Max seems to have in the back of his car to at least get a shirt or some sun protection though.

2124 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo