Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1598 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > The Killing Floor 2 Video Diary
1. Re: The Killing Floor 2 Video Diary Oct 10, 2014, 02:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell, this game is looking more and more awesome each time I see something about it... where the hell is it already?

I just hope the maps are a little more complex, have some more actual paths and direction to move in, than the camp-happy KF1 maps.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2014, 15:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Congratulations. This thread has guilt-tripped me into actually disabling Adblock on Bluesnews. This is a first for me, internet wide. Down with ads! Also I am using the Amazon-blues link now, damn internet commerce!

No doubt some attack ad has already taken over my computer.

Also that Russian guy seems to have a strong hatred of eagles vultures.

News Comments > Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations
21. Re: Shadow of Mordor Review Pressure Allegations Oct 7, 2014, 21:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

What!? No one is jumping in, calling this Mordorgate, Shadowgate, Orcgate, etc. ?

Surely there is outrage at this attempt by a huge corporation to pressure innocent youtubers! Some group should surely be doxxing the employees of this ad company? *eyeroll to the point of neck damage*

All joking aside, very stupid of Warner Bros obviously. This game is still in my Steam sale list.

News Comments > DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation
6. Re: DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation Oct 7, 2014, 11:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

NKD wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 11:24:
I don't have an internet connection, so this is good news. But I also don't have a computer, will they make this available without the computation-required DRM?

Everybody loves sarcasm of course, but in this instance, their DRM feature(in addition to Steam) was to have all games, even single player, routed through their servers. It was also VERY easy to get disconnected from these servers, making the game unplayable for a large number of people, if not necessarily the majority of PA owners.

Add in that this was the exact opposite of what the original Kickstarter claimed(offline version on release), and you get some annoyed people.

I have to assume it is something on their end, I can play any other online game with no issues. Anecdotal evidence but there you go.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2014, 10:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

They can only ruin any sort of Twin Peaks sequel or continuation. Do not give in to their nonsense, Verno!

Any series/show/movie that gets a continuation 20+ years later = absolutely terrible, this is a Universal Constant.

News Comments > DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation
1. Re: DRM-Free Offline Play Coming to Planetary Annihilation Oct 7, 2014, 10:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, it's about [Insert your deity here] -damned time.

Their servers, at least for me, are unplayable, even in single player Skirmishes or Galactic War mode. I can't stay connected longer than 5-10 minutes, and there doesn't seem to be any sort of port forwarding or other easy fix out there.

The game isn't bad, but the online requirement(not mentioned in the Kickstarter) is a complete joke.

Hopefully I can untie my PA from Steam as well, although I suspect that is not the case.

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Oct 5, 2014, 15:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Redmask wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 14:02:
Leigh Alexander is a worthless idiot and a perfect example of why people need to push back against this sort of SJW bullshit.

She seems like a jackass, but clearly the term "SJW" has lost all meaning. What exactly would one push back against? Anyone speaking up about something they disagree with? When does it end? This thing is hilariously pointless.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2014, 22:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

A cogent, concise, argument against the Comcast-Time Warner merger. Clearly the DoJ and FCC will ignore it utterly. Corruption abounds.

*EDIT* Typo. Clerly -> Clearly.

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2014, 15:12.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2014, 21:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, Triumph. Any time I see this puppet, I hope that somebody fucking decks the guy operating it.

Easily the most insulting asshole to be on tv.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Oct 4, 2014, 16:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Intel, what cowards. Nobody should be kowtowing to these trolls, on any side of this joke of an issue. The sooner everybody starts ignoring this crap the better.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Delayed
24. Re: Pillars of Eternity Delayed Oct 3, 2014, 13:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:03:
Off topic, but I dunno. I think the reason the Fallout 4 announcement is taking so long is that Bethesda is switching engines and it's taking a lot longer to get it to the same moddable state as their iteration of Gamebryo was.

It's a pure guess, but it would make sense. Skyrim was getting pretty darn long in the tooth, engine wise. A new engine gets them set for the next several titles.

Of course, not literally an unaltered Skyrim engine, but whatever Skyrim 3.0 etc. they have behind closed doors at the moment. I'd have to look it up but I think Fallout 3, Fallout:NV both did pretty well across a couple of platforms. Seems like a Fallout 4 would be a no brainer.

News Comments > Skyforge Invasions Trailer
3. Re: Skyforge Invasions Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 20:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Browser based MMO? From Obsidian!?! What... what have you done?

I am sure they are separate teams, but it irks me to think of even 1% of Pillars of Eternity's time/resources/manpower going towards this drek.

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer
7. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 20:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Probably going to go ahead and just buy this, it's on Steam for 24 bucks right now, it's not like they are asking $60 for it or something. Clearly they aren't aiming for the AAA market that Shadows of Mordor is hopefully rampaging through right now.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 2, 2014, 20:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, the patience of a SAINT. Those kids would have been at least waterboarded about 20 seconds into that shit by most people.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Delayed
12. Re: Pillars of Eternity Delayed Oct 2, 2014, 20:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... *breath* OOOOOOOOOO!!!

Not really a surprise, still on Wasteland 2 and a dozen other games, BF4 final DLC in December, I'll probably give in and buy Styx, etc. etc.

Take your time and polish that game, Obsidian.

*EDIT*

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 20:30:
Is it bad that I'd rather have Obsidian make another Fallout New Vegas?

Oh, it's definitely coming, on some version of the Skyrim engine. There is no way there won't be some sort of Skyrim enhanced Fallout sequel eventually, probably at least one each by Bethesda and Obsidian.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2014, 16:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

UGH, Blue, how long have you had that Amazon fractional payment thing? I wish that had been more obvious if it's been around for awhile, I buy a metric shit-ton of stuff through amazon.

I'll use that link from now on, although nothing on there seems to indicate money is going to Bluesnews.

News Comments > Falling Skies Rises
3. Re: Falling Skies Rises Oct 1, 2014, 22:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 17:00:
Wtf its like watching an alpha version of XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Yeah... did they license that engine or something?

I don't watch this show, although I hear it's not terrible.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 1, 2014, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, they've definitely tossed a shitload of money at this game, if nothing else. Gorgeous game with mechanics all over the place, not really a surprise I guess.

I'll wait for post-release reviews, and a major drop in price before I jump in on this.

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
5. Re: Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 1, 2014, 21:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 20:09:
Original BL2 with all DLC at full retail was $130.00+

BL2 GoTY was $9.99 at sale time.

No reason to rush into this.

Exactly. I like Borderlands style combat, but not for anywhere near full price, when this game looks like it is 95% rehash. 10 bucks or less for the GotY version.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
52. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dammit, this game sounds and looks awesome! Must.. resist... urge to buy at full price!

1598 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo