Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1604 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
17. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 25, 2014, 18:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Beamer, well done, but don't get drawn in too much by Yeahyeah, that is somebody's trolling account, registered Aug 29th, 2014.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
3. Re: Breitbart Oct 25, 2014, 12:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, sad to see another circular Gamergate article on here, but I did find it interesting that 4chan has started to ban some Gamergaters? Now hopefully that will make those people sit back and re-evaluate their thought processes.(In the comments not the article itself)

Any chance for a real discussion is long gone, it's just fanatics yelling at each other now, with moderates getting drowned out in the noise.

News Comments > Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition Demo
1. Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition Demo Oct 25, 2014, 12:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, good. I'm liking this return to demos for new games, if you have confidence in your product, let people avoid any possible buyer's remorse.

Although now the question is, play the original (GoG version) first, or try this and potentially be spoiled graphically? The horns of a dilemma!

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
5. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 24, 2014, 22:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wolfox wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 21:57:
Funny thing is that this intro has a lot less action than the ones for Witcher 1 and 2, but fans of the books will be PUMPED. Like most of the CGI trailers for Witcher 3 so far, there are LOTS of nods to the books that people who only played the games won't get. Which is one great reason to read the books.

February can't come soon enough.

Have they translated more of the books? I bought two Polish to English translated Witcher novels like 8-10 years ago, that was all that was available at the time. They were great in my opinion, and definitely a different portrayal of Gerault, particularly compared to Witcher 1.

News Comments > Hardland Early Access
2. Re: Hardland Early Access Oct 24, 2014, 22:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 20:18:
Got wood seeing Ultima and BAK. Promptly lost wood looking at the visuals. Sigh.

Exactly... that's some serious lineage, bringing up Ultima and Betrayal at Krondor, and then they have these giant head graphics...

I try not to judge games by their graphics but this is too jarring for me.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 24, 2014, 22:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh crap Xenonauts was on sale on Gog... just bought it on Steam the other day.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
44. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 24, 2014, 22:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Julio wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 05:40:
bigspender wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 22:40:
It's not the correct place, what you are doing is watering down the severity of this issue by throwing the attention elsewhere.

What I'm doing is supporting equality. Harassment is an issue for all, not just the select few.

I am impressed Julio. You are turning into quite the Warrior for Social Justice, with your two headed campaign against both Corrupt Journalism and the Harassment of Men!

Try to take the above as the light kidding it is, because while those are both serious issues, here is how you come across:

Person 1: Somebody threatened to rape and kill me!

Julio: Well, these other people over here were also harassed. Stop being a SJW/victim/whatever.

The issues you claim to support are indeed serious, but when your first response to any of these female harassment threads is "X also happens" it seems like at best a deflection, if not outright intentional misdirection or just trolling.

Other similar examples:

Person 1: I am starving!

Person 2: Please keep in mind, other people are starving also.

--------

Person 1: My house is on fire!

Person 2: Other people have had their houses on fire.

etc. Clearly these are hyperbolic examples but you should be able to get the point. Person 1 is not invalidated because of what is happening elsewhere. It's fine to keep bringing up harassment in general but your placement seems conspicuously callous.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
1. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Oct 24, 2014, 21:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Damn, now that is a gorgeous cinematic. I need to get around to finishing Witcher 2.

News Comments > Outlast 2 Plans Revealed
4. Re: Outlast 2 Plans Revealed Oct 24, 2014, 15:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, you know you're way behind on your game queue when they are making sequels to games you haven't even installed yet.

Damn Steam sales, I'll never finish them all.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 24, 2014, 01:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am surprisingly ok with this. I never use Comic Sans personally, but I'd like to have that typewriter to write some old style physical letters to people in an almost universally disliked font.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 24, 2014, 01:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

I know it's from Facebook, so that automatically discounts most of this data, but they also have the Cowboys and Giants as almost the same blue. Heresy!

News Comments > etc., etc.
58. Re: etc., etc. Oct 24, 2014, 01:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

beremot wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 01:08:

This guy can write something as bat shit fucking CRAZY as this, and only ONE person here is willing to straight up call him out on it? Really?

And if this is the level of discourse that the Blues News community has sunk to, then I'll go back to lurking, and skip reading this shit entirely.

To be fair, posts 38 and 43, but Max's post kinda made the whole thread in my opinion. Extreme views in Gamergate covering up any moderate message, seen in text form in this very thread. Seems like that does more on its own than any flaming we can do?

Don't lose heart, really. No internet discussion can go on for very long without a vast conspiracy theory jumping in.

49. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 23:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 23:24:

So you want to talk about corruption in journalism but you don't care about politics? They are forever intertwined. The sooner you realize that the sooner we can all realize what the problem is.

If you say "global corporatocracy" three times harlock suddenly appears.

I don't want to talk about politics or journalism at all, on this site. This site is for games. Sorry if that wasn't clear initially, but some of these threads I should ignore, I cannot bring myself to ignore.

Of course politics and journalism corruption intermingle. However those sort of large scale, global problems aren't going to get solved by humanity anytime soon, hence we all play video games to distract ourselves(at least in my case).

43. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 23:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 23:05:
Squirmer wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 23:02:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 22:58:
The mainstream media will NEVER talk about Gamergate truthfully because they need to push the false narrative about misogyny gone wild in America as a tool to guilt people into voting for Hillary in 2016. Think it sounds paranoid? Sure. Write it down, save this post, and come back in two years and try to tell me I was wrong.
wow

I'm usually ahead of the curve on this site by at least a year. A couple years ago I was mocked for saying literally the same stuff everyone is openly discussing now. I'm not surprised at all by your reaction and expect more dismissive and ignorant responses. That's fine. Just come back later and try to tell me I was wrong.

Hrm, this thread has taken a weird turn. Relax Max, all politicians are corrupt, but surely there is no nationwide media conspiracy to make people feel guilty and vote for Hillary?

If Hillary does get elected, don't get too worked up about it, ok? It doesn't really matter who is President, they all do what the corporations tell them to!

Disclaimer: I don't really care about politics in the US.

35. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 22:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 22:42:
There's lots of discussion about it. Instead you chose to ignore them all and simply dismiss Gamergate with your last ignorant post. Then you do the same thing I've seen many other anti-GG/SJW types do and dishonestly suggest their supporters should break away and form a new movement. I know what the game is and I just explained it. You want to take a larger movement that is winning and break it into smaller groups to wipe out all that much easier.

You want to talk about corruption in journalism outside of gaming? Good, go find those discussions. Trying to change this one makes you all that more dishonest.

Something tells me you don't know what the word dishonest means. Clearly you and I disagree on the concept of "winning" for Gamergate also. Mainstream media is mostly focusing on the death threats and doxxing from a very vocal minority in Gamergate, that seems like a loss to me. Keep trying to label me though, clearly you have a lot of them to toss around.

34. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 22:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 22:38:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 22:15:

Look, Max, if your movement is no longer the movement you joined, you need to wake up and realize it's time to leave and/or make a new movement.

And what prevents those same few assholes from ruining the next one, and the next one, and the next one? What you're saying here is that you can never have a movement to do anything, because every movement has extreme stupid outliers.

Contrary to popular belief around here, it's not the responsibility of a movement to get rid of those outliers. There's nothing an open movement can do about it. Anyone can claim to be a member of anything. It's the responsibility of everyone else to realize this, and not stoop to the intellectually dishonest attitude of pretending they represent the whole.

In an ideal world, you would be right. In the actual world, usually the only voices that are heard by most people are the loudest, most insane ones. From your posts on here, you come across as intelligent, so you probably already know this. I don't join groups for anything this minor(gaming journalism) for this very reason, personally. If you're waiting for the general media to be reasonable and not focus on those outliers in Gamergate you are going to be waiting a very long time. If no one is able to control them, then yes they will continually ruin Gamergate in the eyes of most outsiders for the moderate masses in GG.

Why I personally think Gamergate moderates would be better off distancing themselves from Gamergate is because in spite of all the claims about journalistic intergrity, it did indeed start with actions that included the harassment of a couple individuals. Maybe you think that can be overcome? I don't, but maybe I'm wrong.

This is why I often bring up the concept of the larger world of corrupt journalism in these threads; Gamergate will NEVER get a fair shake(aka ignoring the outspoken death threats and doxxers, etc.) because the media you are somehow expecting to give you fair coverage is itself corrupt and all about generating traffic. Why oh why would you think the mainstream media would write fair and balanced articles dismissing these few doxxers/threateners and only cover the main issues of Gamergate? Surely you realize the mainstream media is just as bad, if not worse?

Is splitting off the best idea? Probably not. Is it better than staying with the tainted image of Gamergate? I personally think so, but that's my personal opinion, apparently shared by zero people.

29. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 22:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 22:15:
Oh wait https://endthethreats.wordpress.com/

*crickets*

I'm not part of any movement. And your insistence of breaking away and starting a "new movement" is just the excuse you need to dismiss yet another. That's the trap your dishonest kind are setting and it's not going to work because everybody with common sense sees right through it.

First I've heard of that site, if it's real, bravo.

If you aren't supporting Gamergate, then what is your problem? Also try not to lump me in with whatever "dishonest kind" you seem to think I've suddenly joined because I disagree with harassment. Clearly our opinions differ, but maybe not so much if you agree that threats and harassment are WAY out of line, and may I suggest, Gamergate might even have a stronger footing if that sort of thing was more clearly spoke out against by people in GG?

If people were serious about journalistic integrity they surely wouldn't be focused on "Gaming Journalism," lol. There is a whole wide world of corrupt journalism out there with a lot more weight than some editorials and paid shills for games. Opinions will differ, of course.

24. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 22:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 22:04:

You don't see your own hypocrisy in dismissing an entire group because of the actions of a few? News flash: YOU'RE THE IDIOT.

Look, Max, if your movement is no longer the movement you joined, you need to wake up and realize it's time to leave and/or make a new movement. All the wishing in the world isn't going to make those few outliers stop messing up Gamergate for you. Gamergate stopped being a positive force a long time ago, if it ever even was.

Supporting the concept of journalistic integrity != harassment of individuals.

22. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 22:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Prez wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 22:01:
But for the first time maybe in my life, on that Saturday afternoon, I walked towards that pair of gamers and I didnít smile. I didnít say hello. In fact, I crossed the street so I wouldnít walk by them. Because after all the years of gamer love and inclusiveness, something had changed in me. A small voice of doubt in my brain now suspected that those guys and I might not be comrades after all. That they might not greet me with reflected friendliness, but contempt.

This section really bothered me. It's like saying that some black guys held up a gas station so now I'm afraid of black people. It seemed so ignorant. But in the context of the whole editorial it becomes apparent that she is not happy at herself for having this reaction, and indeed seems to know it is the wrong attitiude to have. It seems almost like she is thinking out loud, lamenting the change in her attitiude that should not have happened.

Yes, that is how anybody with decent reading comprehension should have read that part. A serious mistake she realizes she made, but it didn't really stop her from being afraid. So she wrote about her thoughts online. Chaos ensues. Clearly it would be worse if she did not realize her fear was illogical or at least misplaced, but what are you going to do, not everyone was born brave.

This whole thing is just a continual expose of human flaws.

17. Re: etc., etc. Oct 23, 2014, 21:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Julio wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 19:10:
I guess Felicia Day doesn't think she needs gamers anymore. Maybe she'll reinvent herself as a SJW.

Are you an idiot? Seriously.

It's not a crime to post an opinion or an event in your life, it's not even a crime to be afraid, erroneously or not. So in 'retaliation' for her post, the extremist GG idiots post her public information immediately. Wake up and distance yourself from those fools. They are literally doing exactly what the extremists on the OTHER side are complaining about, making their point for them.

I cannot believe the posts on this site these days. This has nothing to do with 'journalistic integrity' or whatever the fuck people are claiming, this is literally harassment and criminal acts against a person voicing their opinion. Good work, Gamergate, you showed that woman that she SHOULD be afraid. That'll prove your point. Idiots.

1604 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo