Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1275 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2014, 21:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 20:45:
TBS? Yes? No? Wait for it to go lower? How long is it?

About the same, I was debating buying it, but nobody I know actually has it. Also, be warned, no subtitles are available in the game, from what I am reading on the Steam forums.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Mar 11, 2014, 08:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, that dog is just stupid, but the person with the laser light is lucky the dog didn't start trying to bite the dot, like some dogs tend to do.

It's all fun and games until somebody gets canine fangs sunk into their neck.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2014, 08:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Grim Dawn is already pretty good, in its Alpha/Beta-ish state. It will most likely be completed, barring some horrible events, and they seem to be churning through their design list pretty steadily.

It is definitely an evolution of Titan Quest though. If you hated TQ, you will most likely dislike or outright hate Grim Dawn.

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
63. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 08:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I was at least hoping for a huge campaign. Given the developers I guess that was a lost cause. Gameplay looks pretty good, I'll probably still buy this when it hits $9.99 or so.

Looking forward more to the full release of Hawken though, to be honest.

News Comments > The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month
12. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 11, 2014, 08:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

As with most of the commenters below, I was also a bit underwhelmed by Van Helsing. Of course, I did finish the game, and didn't really feel ripped off or anything for the 7 bucks or whatever it cost on sale...

I will probably get this also once the summer sale hits. They had some good ideas, and hopefully the actual combat will be better.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $40M
27. Re: Star Citizen Passes $40M Mar 11, 2014, 08:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, the circus around this game isn't even funny anymore. It's just embarrassing to see people tossing thousand of dollars at virtual ships in a game that won't even be released for a year (the last piece).

Come on, humanity. Surely P.T. Barnum wasn't going to be right forever ?

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
21. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 16:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 16:09:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 14:37:

Oh, and they're already working on Battlefield 5 - it'll be a police themed Battlefield made by Visceral Games, and of course there's the Star Wars Battlefront game too.

police...themed battlefield, lol?

Police driving around in their tanks, blowing shit up? That's probably only a few years away from becoming a reality anyway, so good timing by DICE.

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
13. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 11:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Excellent tweaks overall with this patch, BF4 is coming along nicely. It's too bad it has taken THIS long, but the game is very good right now.

I am glad DICE admitted and fixed the sniping scope issue, I thought I was just getting really old.

A bit leery of the anti-air "mines" they have coming up in the next DLC, but I guess I'll have to wait and see how they actually play out. The last thing that game needs is even more autonomous AA bullshit.

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 21:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

D3 is definitely better in many ways with this patch. Not really any denying it.

Still, the basic flaws of D3 are still there, the required Main stat, Vit, crit chance/damage, attack speed and all resist are still there.
To a lesser extent, resource regen and life on hit now, instead of Lifesteal. Items will drop with higher values in Main/Vit stats, but far less crit chance/damage and attack speed.

Also, for some crazy reason, Blizzard has also changed to a Primary/Secondary stat system on items, where ideally you get a 4 Primary/2 Secondary stat item(some items will have a bonus stat, so 4/2/1). In practice, most items drop with 3/2, or 2/2, or even 2/1, making them useless right off the bat.

I disagree with the article on Loot 2.0; most of the loot drops will still be garbage. If you barely played D3 when it was new, then yes, most loot will seem great. If you had any sort of playtime at 60 previously, you will end up keeping most of your items into the 60s or even to 70, assuming you want to get the expansion.

I've put about 25-30 hours into this patch, mostly Torment 1, some Torment 4-6 on my better geared guys vs easier quest mobs. Around 20 legendaries/set items, some good rares. Due to 2hander damage bug(known and getting fixed), and some bad luck, only about 3 of those legendaries are any good.

Classes seem improved for the most part, Wizard definitely got the biggest buffs...my Wizard is an utter beast now. Lifesteal Barbs and Monks will be pissed, but you can migrate to mitigation/resource regen/Life on Hit pretty easily. Witch Doctor also got some nice changes, mostly for the better. DH stayed about the same, although DH resource regen really took some hits.

Quest experience and cash rewards are much better(so much better that they most likely are getting nerfed due to Blizzard overreaction), which is good because gem and crafting costs seem like they are going through the roof. Supposedly enchanting on the Mystic gets exponentially more expensive as well. Still, I went into this patch with about 7 million gold(not even high enough to count for D3 poverty levels) and currently have around 16-17million.

Disclaimer: Some of that is from selling White items on the Gold Auction House to either bots or some sort of scammers, I can't figure out which, for about 85k each. White items drop commonly enough that they certainly aren't worth any gold whatsoever in my opinion. They could be planning ahead to some of the supposed crafting recipes, but from what I've seen most crafted items are garbage money sinks anyway.

The Paragon system was reworked also of course, mostly for the better. Still just another grind for minor boosts though. Experience gain does seem to be a lot faster, definitely faster than the PTR/beta.

All that said, vanilla D3, without the expansion, will still be playable, but you will miss out on level 70, the Mystic, the crusader, and most importantly Adventure Mode, which breaks up the monotony of running the base game a little.

I am leaning towards buying RoS simply to get Adventure Mode/bounties really. Still, Blizzard has most of March to utterly ruin the game in some way with a hotfix and make me skip the expansion.

*EDIT* Typo.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2014, 23:05.

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
30. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 21:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

I will be buying this when it goes on sale for $9.99 or less, rest assured.

Something tells me that in spite of the polish and digital Christie Mack, the story of a man and his magic phone that can hack everything in the entire city will get pretty old, pretty quick.

Still, I did enjoy Far Cry 3 when it finally dropped below my price threshold, in spite of the Uplay nonsense.

News Comments > Planetsł Kickstarter
3. Re: Planetsł Kickstarter Mar 6, 2014, 20:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

This Kickstarter looks unlikely to succeed. One of many it seems.

I was surprised to see the actual Kickstarter stats though:

35.16% success rate for Games, which admittedly, some are not video games.

One in three isn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be though.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 4, 2014, 21:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, what a surprise, yet another bitcoin theft/scam. Has the value of these imploded yet?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2014, 12:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy fucking SHIT.

It makes sense given George Takei's age, now that I think about it, but that is an amazing and extremely depressing story about the internment camps. I have even more respect for the man now.

Also, how the fuck are interviewers these days so poorly prepared? Takei had to correct them numerous times about basic details they could have googled in about 1 second before the interview. Commendable patience from Takei there as well.

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced
8. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms Announced Feb 27, 2014, 21:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, why do companies even bother making these sort of trailers? Amount of gameplay actually shown, less than 1%. Useless. Especially considering how deep the ARPG category is at the moment, at least in sheer number of titles if not quality.

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall Feb 27, 2014, 21:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

JohnBirshire wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 17:44:
Did they ever add the option to move the chat/dialogue window? For a text heavy game, it drove me insane to have to stare into the top right corner of my huge monitor while I read everything, made my neck and eyes ache. Huge design oversight *among many* by the developers.

A bit off topic, but how huge is your monitor, and where do you sit in relation to it, hehe. I am picturing you about 1-2 feet away from some massive 75" screen, whipping your head back and forth playing various games.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall Feb 27, 2014, 12:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 11:45:

Already patched into the main game.

Ah, sweet. I can get around to finishing Returns now without raging out if I have to get up in the middle of a quest.

*EDIT* Typo

News Comments > Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II
6. Re: Grim Dawn Early Access Gets Act II Feb 27, 2014, 11:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am glad to hear Grim Dawn is coming along nicely.. now the only question is should I keep playing my pre-release guy, or just shelve this game until it's fully done? Game Mechanics etc. are still in flux.

And ugh, forgot about the PoE new content. Might have to fire that up again also.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 09:05:
Nice. I've been waiting for this before getting back into the game. The quick-save and save while quitting eliminates so many headaches.

While this is good, is this feature ONLY if you get the expansion? Does this affect the base game? I suppose I need to read up on all of this. I bought Shadowrun Returns on sale awhile back and have only played it a little.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
14. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 11:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 11:00:
BF4 is fun when Dice isn't fucking it up. It is definitely one of the best BF games, some of the level design is less than ideal for aircraft but I could care less about crying skylords.

Lol, skylords. I like that. BF series has been a playground for good jet/helo pilots for awhile now, BF4 is somewhat of a break from that.

Although they are going to be nerfing the MAA very soon, hopefully it doesn't lead to complete aircraft domination again. Although it is pretty easy for me to kill and harass the hell out of aircraft right now in the MAA...

As far as Titanfall, meh. Mech people will most likely play Hawken instead, one would think.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Feb 26, 2014, 22:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 21:31:
Amazon is having a massive sale on Bluray discs.

Includes classics like Aliens, Blade Runner, Inception, Gladiator, Braveheart, Goodfellas, The Town, LotR series, Harry Potter series, and The Last Airbender.

Be warned, some of these blu-rays are poor conversions, Saving Private Ryan, for example. It would explain the sale.

1275 Comments. 64 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo