Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2124 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2015, 10:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 09:04:
Sucks about Christopher Lee

That shark is a swimming bus, jesus christ. I saw a 13 foot tiger shark while diving in Mexico and it seems like a runt by comparison. The exploratory bite it did to the cage there would've scared me inside, not sure wtf that guy was thinking.

After looking at that video a couple of times, it looks like he's trying to keep the shark away from those little cables/lines around the big chain, as well as away from the opening in the top of the cage that's probably just big enough for that shark to get it's head into. At the end of the video the shark still starts to get its fin tangled in one of the lines, although it slides off.

And yeah that shark is ridiculously large. It could easily kill that stupid mammal out of its element.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GOG.com Deal Overload
10. Re: GOG.com Deal Overload Jun 10, 2015, 10:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, this Gog sale got me pretty good, for some reason. I think I am in for about $60? I got quite a bit, but also the three 'freebies' plus the actual freebie Battle Realms(?). I had an extremely buggy warez version of that RTS back in the day, kind of glad they put it out like that, with the expansion and some patches hopefully.

Gog.com Wishlist helps or hurts, depending on how you look at it. It's definitely making it easier to keep an eye on particular sales, and I'm finding gog's front page more and more annoying over time.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jun 10, 2015, 10:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

On the one hand, it's impressive how much training, conditioning, breeding and jockey skill go into these horses. It really does produce some supreme athletes; if you ever see free range wild horses then some racing thoroughbreds they won't even look like the same species. Aka average couch potato vs a top level NFL receiver, etc.

On the other hand, fuck that rich old white(mostly) hobby that encourages degenerate gamblers.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jun 10, 2015, 10:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Shocking news, treating your employees like disposable shit leads them to seek employment in another company/industry!

More realistic managers would help, as would less ridiculous deadlines that lead to mostly useless crunch time.

I'd like to see an in depth article investigating how many game companies are one failed project away from bankruptcy, but I guess it'd be almost every studio, aside from Blizzard. That definitely leads to less ability to retain employees once a project is done.

News Comments > Grey Goo Free DLC
1. Re: Grey Goo Free DLC Jun 10, 2015, 10:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sooo.... did anybody actually buy this game? It looks interesting, but it's been pretty much full price, 50-60 bucks, the entire time so far on Steam. I'm not interested in it for that much

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends in September; Console Editions Announced
8. Re: Sword Coast Legends in September; Console Editions Announced Jun 9, 2015, 21:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Axis wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 19:46:
I've had this on my radar, and with the console announcement I'll make a prediction - it will be a consolized half-ass PC game.

Please Axis be wrong... please be wrong!

You're probably right, unfortunately. Still, it's on my Steam Wishlist, in case it turns out decently and goes on sale. If it ends up being terrible, at least the major updates to Divinity: OS, Wasteland 2, PoEt, etc. should be out by then.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jun 8, 2015, 09:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, that's a pretty damning review.

News Comments > Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions
26. Re: Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions Jun 7, 2015, 11:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 10:46:
Funny thought, think if they were able to create something as big as COD or a LOL, that product alone would make more profit than their entire Online Sales enterprise. Millions of people buy millions of things and one game alone could be more profitable then all of that.

What? No. They make billions annually from their regular sales. Odds of them getting a multi billion dollar game title on their first attempt = astronomically low.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Free Powerplay Update
6. Re: Elite: Dangerous Free Powerplay Update Jun 5, 2015, 18:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Vall Forran wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 17:49:
Actually (and it just launched so this might not matter in a few hours), the federation lady that looks like the platinum haired girl from the Matrix is in the lead, followed by the other fed guy who looks like Bryan Cranston.

Bryan Cranston? That's clearly a well aged Robert Patrick!

So is this the major content patch that means it's time to get in to Elite:Dangerous, or should people on the fence keep...sitting on the fence?

2. Re: Into the Black Jun 5, 2015, 17:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 17:08:
Never seen that guy before. Pretty entertaining.

That being said, is it just me, or is making an electric knife entirely out of metal seem like a recipe for disaster?

Well, what else would you make it out of?

I know what you mean though, you'd think a rubber or at least electric taped grip would be safer. He seems pretty confident in his conduction understanding though.

2. Re: Into the Black Jun 4, 2015, 21:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 20:54:
The dude polishing the mirror was wearing short trousers and sandals.. in the dang JUNGLE.... why?

Well you'd think he should be wearing heavy boots and pants, but it's probably 100+ degrees F (or 38 C for you people with modern measurement systems! ) and 100% humidity out there also.

Or is this in some Nature Park somewhere? That would be the other explanation, he's 2 feet from his Go-Kart and a trip past the gate.

News Comments > Steam Machine Preorders
7. Re: Steam Machine Preorders Jun 4, 2015, 13:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 13:39:

And Windows games... for me there isn't even really a point to these machines. Get Steamlink + controller, and you can play anything your gaming RIG can play on your TV (assuming you have some kind of NIC or HTPC). For 100 that's a superb offer imo. And it streams windows games just fine

But as you say, such a box needs to support everything else a media center can do. Steamlink+controller is only 100, and that's imo a great offer and gives you some neat abilities.

Essentially, this competes directly with Intel NUC, which is imo far superior if you use it as stream client, it uses Windows and is cheaper. Bit baffled what the point of this box is...

Yeah, Steamlink seems like a decent option, I'll have to read up on it and reviews when it's actually out. You mention the Intel NUC, which seems to be in the $100-$400 range, and also requires additional hardware(some models)? Based on 2 second glance at Amazon. More competition is always good, but maybe I'll just convert one of my older pcs to a media PC for the main TV or something.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 4, 2015, 13:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Drazula wrote on Jun 4, 2015, 10:55:
FTC changing guidelines is probably the biggest news to impact gaming in years.

Hahaha! Oh wait, you're serious. *eyeroll*

News Comments > Battleborn E3 Trailer & Details
3. Re: Battleborn E3 Trailer & Details Jun 4, 2015, 13:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

5v5, so is this like another one of the FPS/MOBA mergers, aka that Blizzard Overwatch game?

I wish there wasn't so much of a focus these days on such small teams, I really feel multiplayer games are taking a serious hit, quality wise, because of the success of the MOBAs.

News Comments > Steam Machine Preorders
3. Re: Steam Machine Preorders Jun 4, 2015, 13:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am not going to be one of the early adopters for this, but somewhere down the line I will probably get one. I have so much stuff on Steam now, some of which is actually playable with a gamepad, (assuming you can't also hook up a keyboard/mouse to the device) that the Steam Machine would be a nice option, assuming it will also run:

Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Jun 3, 2015, 23:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, PoEt is slowly getting patched into what it unfortunately wasn't at release, a polished and bug free game.

I hope they eventually start collapsing all these patches into one big patch, at least for the gog.com version, we're up to 5 separate patches already. Steam users will of course not be affected.

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale Begins
24. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Begins Jun 3, 2015, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I'd say I am doing pretty good so far, as I'm only in for about 13 dollars, but that's going to jump past 50 or so whenever Witcher 3/DLCs drop to an acceptable level.

I am way past the point of gaming hours > natural lifespan at this point, on Steam/Gog/Humble/Gamersgate/GMG.

5. Re: Into the Black Jun 3, 2015, 21:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 20:41:
So he's a scoundrel who's married and fools around with other women? Yeah. Gee. That's so completely insane.

Rolleyes

Exactly. He is THE Scoundrel. He shot Greedo First, he shot at Darth Vader the second he saw him, he's in it for the money until his conscience won out, etc. This is arguably completely in character, depending on how they flesh it out. I am tempted to pick up that line of comics now, just to see where their collective thoughts are for the Star Wars universe.

If anything this is a GOOD sign, in my opinion, that they aren't going to kiddify the characters any more than Lucas already did.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re:Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to Star in 'Big Trouble in Little China' Remake. Jun 2, 2015, 09:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy SHIT. You do NOT remake Big Trouble in Little China, just like you do NOT remake Point Break!(also about to be ruined by a remake)

Come on, Hollywood! Big Trouble in Little China is easily one of Carpenter's best works, and arguably still stands up to viewing today. Shameful. A remake would have better CGI, but shittier martial arts work by far. And the wrong David Lo Pan and Egg Shen. Dammit! Also, Hollywood being what is these days, will probably whitewash Wang Chi(the actual hero of BTiLC) right out of the film.

Blue -> That guy sounds like an asshole, but leash laws are there to cut down on neighbors cursing each other out in the street when somebody's dog decides to start barking/chasing/biting somebody instead of pleasantly walking down the street next to you.

I jog all the time in my neighborhood, and there's always some dog with no leash that will come at me, friendly or otherwise. It's a hassle to stop and attempt to calm the dog down, and try to politely deal with the owner. Also pleasant are random dogs being let out of the house to go shit all over everybody elses' yards. You sound a lot more responsible with your dog than most Blue, so you probably just ran afoul of a guy pissed off at ALL the poorly controlled dogs in the neighborhood, and got all of that guy's saved up ire.

*EDIT* Explanation.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Announced
4. Re: XCOM 2 Announced Jun 1, 2015, 17:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Nice non-gameplay video, hinting at more melee options(finally!) and other potentially good changes.

I'd say I'm going to wait to see the gameplay videos, but considering I played through X-Com Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within a couple of times already, and was considering a third with mods, I'm probably already sold on this.

From a continuity standpoint, not sure how they will explain away my squad of utter badasses seemingly eradicating several alien species with relative ease in the first game and expansion.

2124 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo