Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1550 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2014, 21:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, Triumph. Any time I see this puppet, I hope that somebody fucking decks the guy operating it.

Easily the most insulting asshole to be on tv.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Oct 4, 2014, 16:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Intel, what cowards. Nobody should be kowtowing to these trolls, on any side of this joke of an issue. The sooner everybody starts ignoring this crap the better.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Delayed
24. Re: Pillars of Eternity Delayed Oct 3, 2014, 13:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:03:
Off topic, but I dunno. I think the reason the Fallout 4 announcement is taking so long is that Bethesda is switching engines and it's taking a lot longer to get it to the same moddable state as their iteration of Gamebryo was.

It's a pure guess, but it would make sense. Skyrim was getting pretty darn long in the tooth, engine wise. A new engine gets them set for the next several titles.

Of course, not literally an unaltered Skyrim engine, but whatever Skyrim 3.0 etc. they have behind closed doors at the moment. I'd have to look it up but I think Fallout 3, Fallout:NV both did pretty well across a couple of platforms. Seems like a Fallout 4 would be a no brainer.

News Comments > Skyforge Invasions Trailer
3. Re: Skyforge Invasions Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 20:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Browser based MMO? From Obsidian!?! What... what have you done?

I am sure they are separate teams, but it irks me to think of even 1% of Pillars of Eternity's time/resources/manpower going towards this drek.

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer
7. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer Oct 2, 2014, 20:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Probably going to go ahead and just buy this, it's on Steam for 24 bucks right now, it's not like they are asking $60 for it or something. Clearly they aren't aiming for the AAA market that Shadows of Mordor is hopefully rampaging through right now.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 2, 2014, 20:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, the patience of a SAINT. Those kids would have been at least waterboarded about 20 seconds into that shit by most people.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Delayed
12. Re: Pillars of Eternity Delayed Oct 2, 2014, 20:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... *breath* OOOOOOOOOO!!!

Not really a surprise, still on Wasteland 2 and a dozen other games, BF4 final DLC in December, I'll probably give in and buy Styx, etc. etc.

Take your time and polish that game, Obsidian.

*EDIT*

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 20:30:
Is it bad that I'd rather have Obsidian make another Fallout New Vegas?

Oh, it's definitely coming, on some version of the Skyrim engine. There is no way there won't be some sort of Skyrim enhanced Fallout sequel eventually, probably at least one each by Bethesda and Obsidian.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2014, 16:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

UGH, Blue, how long have you had that Amazon fractional payment thing? I wish that had been more obvious if it's been around for awhile, I buy a metric shit-ton of stuff through amazon.

I'll use that link from now on, although nothing on there seems to indicate money is going to Bluesnews.

News Comments > Falling Skies Rises
3. Re: Falling Skies Rises Oct 1, 2014, 22:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 17:00:
Wtf its like watching an alpha version of XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Yeah... did they license that engine or something?

I don't watch this show, although I hear it's not terrible.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 1, 2014, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, they've definitely tossed a shitload of money at this game, if nothing else. Gorgeous game with mechanics all over the place, not really a surprise I guess.

I'll wait for post-release reviews, and a major drop in price before I jump in on this.

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
5. Re: Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 1, 2014, 21:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 20:09:
Original BL2 with all DLC at full retail was $130.00+

BL2 GoTY was $9.99 at sale time.

No reason to rush into this.

Exactly. I like Borderlands style combat, but not for anywhere near full price, when this game looks like it is 95% rehash. 10 bucks or less for the GotY version.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
52. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dammit, this game sounds and looks awesome! Must.. resist... urge to buy at full price!

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Arrives
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Arrives Sep 30, 2014, 10:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Note: Avira antivirus users: battlefield4.exe (or whatever the full name is) and the partial download both show up as a false positive Trojan, and Avira will ask to Quarantine them.

EA has actually already responded to this, saying they are working on a fix, but in the meantime the files are supposedly clean.(on BF4 PC forums)here

No other AV seems to flag the new .exe at this time.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer
13. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 07:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh god dammit. Season pass bullshit for this game also?

Let me know when the discounted GotY version is out, I'm way past my DLC/crippleware tolerance point.

That said, this game does look pretty damned good.

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
6. Re: The Evil Within Trailer Sep 30, 2014, 07:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game actually looks like it'll be pretty fun, somewhere between old school Resident Evils, Dead Space series(with way less firepower), with a little bit of Outlast thrown in.

Yep, crap console textures...by the time I get around to buying it, 6months to a year after release, for 10 bucks, there had better be an official or unofficial hi-res pack out.

It's on the Steam Sale list, I mean wishlist.

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
16. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 15:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, as much as I want to bash Visceral, I loved the shit out of Deadspace 1 and 2, and tolerated DS3. All games ran flawlessly(except for crap mouse movement in DS1) on day one. Past mistakes by EA and DICE in particular might not do any actual harm to Visceral's release, aside from making them have to answer these sort of questions.

Disclaimer: I won't be buying Hardline most likely, purely because I still play BF4 a fair amount when I'm in a fps mood, which isn't that often these days with so much other stuff to play.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2014, 23:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 22:53:
HW is just not viable. You can buy the ammo, but you'll literally be spending all your cash on nothing BUT HW ammo.

Assault rifles / sniper rifles all the way. Shotguns are terrible (the cone typically hits your own guys more than you ever get a chance to hit multiple enemies), and while SMGs are okay, I doubt there's actually a better SMG anywhere to be found in Arizona than the shitty Greaser you start out with. So now my entire party does 40-50 damage from M16s and Bullpup sniper rifles, and my poor SMG gal is still standing there doing 10 damage.

Assault rifles are so overpowered, really, that there's little point to taking anything else except one or two snipers. Just sell all the other ammo you find.

Yeah, clearly AR and to a lesser extent Sniper Rifles are beastly... I see Heavy Weapons and melee as the more challenging path, probably for a future playthrough when I know the game a lot better.

I do have my Computer Science/Medic/Surgeon guy with a shotgun, and he does decent damage with the lever action shotgun, particularly vs low armor enemies. Still my 2 M16 and 2 Bullpup sniper guys usually kill most things at range long before he can do anything really useful. The one zone he excelled at, involving plagued Ghouls, I had to redo when I realized you could cure them all.

ps. Clearly I will have to be the first all Melee and Heavy Weapons player in Wasteland 2. Tons of Strength, terrible combat initiative!

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2014, 22:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

fiftykyu wrote on Sep 28, 2014, 22:10:

Have to agree, Wasteland 2 is a lot of fun. Somehow I've acquired two cows and a goat, which is making the combat a bit tedious - I can't bear to see the poor things killed and keep reloading...

I had up to 3 goats for awhile with the Animal Companion enabled Sniper, but they only have 5 hp and randomly get blown up by splash damage in every battle, particularly random encounter combats where grenade enemies sometimes spawn in range of you. For 1 point in Awareness, not worth it after awhile.

Also, I gave in and restarted... skill choice matters a LOT, and having multiple characters with the same skill(Mechanical Repair, etc.) is a complete waste of points. I am debating using a save editor to fix some of the npcs, some of them seem to have the worst skill choices ever. Infuriating!

Finally, I want to read about somebody having a successful game with a Heavy Weapons user as one of their four... HW chews through rifle ammo so fast I can't see it being viable, when you loot like 3-4 bullets or less, every so often.

Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Energy Weapons, Pistols all the way.
Maybe one shotgun guy to use up shotgun ammo.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 28, 2014, 15:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Life is Feudal" hohoho, quite clever. The videos of it actually look pretty good, but it's still in "Early Alpha..." for $40.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2014, 11:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 10:05:
They met and had kids before the accident unless I'm reading the article wrong.

They had 2 kids before, and one kid after. Like right after, according to the article. So a shitty move by the husband, one might gather.

But yes, ridiculously difficult situation for everybody.

1550 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo