Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2344 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 5, 2015, 10:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 09:39:
Shenmue 3 Creator Says He "Could Do With a Bit More Money." *Blink*

Yeah, couldn't we all?

Honestly, I am surprised this doesn't happen far more often than it does, especially with videogames. Aside from the obvious scammers who just take the money and run, there are plenty of studios out there that misjudge how much it's going to take to really complete a project.

It's not like the games industry is alone in those poor estimations either.

Oh well, good luck, Shenmue fans.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2015, 06:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

What is up with these Steam lists lately? Who is still buying CS:GO? Is it even possible for a Steam account to not have CS:GO, or CS 1.6, or CS:S on it?

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 3, 2015, 17:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah yes, Dying Light. I need to go back and finish that, I got distracted by the Pillars of Eternity Expansion and patch(Monks dominate now, by the way) and D3 patch.

*EDIT* Hrm, just finished Dying Light... the main story ending is short, and involves an extremely annoying jumping part and an annoying quicktime sequence. Negative points to an otherwise enjoyable but grindy game.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2015, 08:16.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 3, 2015, 17:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Pete wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 16:54:
That is a very large number for an audience. Does anyone know how it compares to a sports tournament? Comparable to Pan-American? Olympics?

3 million is a lot for a video game, but it's still peanuts compared to live sports. Especially if that's 3 million worldwide for LoL... Sochi Olympics (2014) was 25 million in the USA, World Cup Final (2014) was 26.5 million, also in the USA alone. worldwide the World Cup numbers are probably in the billions.

Pro Euro league soccer viewership for even regular games dwarfs any NFL or LoL viewership in the US.

All of this can be googled, but here and here are two.

All that said, I am not a fan of Battle Arena/DotA style games at all, but apparently a large portion of the gaming public disagrees with me.

*EDIT* Whoops, nice point Yifes, 3million Twitch only, so take that, normal sports!

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Just Cause 3 Will Support Mods Oct 2, 2015, 21:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 18:35:
Drop us a line if you find out what it is.

42, of course.

News Comments > More QUAKEs & Wolfensteins on GOG.com
5. Re: More QUAKEs & Wolfensteins on GOG.com Oct 1, 2015, 23:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, wasn't Quake 3 released completely for free awhile back? Or was that only Quake 1?

Either way, these prices seem quite high.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Oct 1, 2015, 02:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 23:18:
Yeah, I can see that. Try this one for size.

Awww, in only a few short years he will grow up to be a massive, flesh rending murder machine... look at his cute widdle carnivorous, potentially genocidal mouth.

3. Re: Into the Black Sep 30, 2015, 22:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 21:26:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal_cat

"Is that an ocelot!?!" - Archer.

Thanks for the clarification, still, pfft. I was hoping for Bengal Tigers.

1. Re: Into the Black Sep 30, 2015, 20:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

What a misleading title! Those are regular house cats with some weird spotting.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
6. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 30, 2015, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 30, 2015, 19:49:
GameStop and other content providers will need to step up and put a stop to data caps for home ISPs if this is the direction he thinks they are staying. 250 gigs a month for some people.. and you think with as much media as we all consume, we aren't going to hit that cap?

people hit 30 gig in one game download.

In the short term, because of these ridiculous caps, disc games won't be dying out even for PC. My ISP starts a cap literally tomorrow, and with these games these days being easily 50gb, I may have to go back to buying physical copies, at least from Amazon, if not actually from a brick and mortar location.

Gamestop, Best Buy, etc. have no reason to campaign against data caps, really. It can only help them, in the short term of course.

News Comments > Jotun Released
2. Re: Jotun Released Sep 30, 2015, 13:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks gorgeous... for $13.49 I'll probably just buy it.

Reviews are all favorable on Steam, although there are only like 30 or so currently.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
12. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 30, 2015, 11:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wednesday morning, Battletech is at $952,181, from 14,002 contributors... about $68 per person. Well played, Harebrained Schemes.

That said, I'll probably toss in my $25 once the single player campaign is a sure thing, which looks like it will be in about thirty minutes or so.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $900 Ship
38. Re: Star Citizen's $900 Ship Sep 30, 2015, 11:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Popcorn overdose.

This has gone far beyond gullibility into some sort of strange religious cult. My condolences to people who heard about SC years ago and wanted to eventually play some sort of updated Wing Commander type game.

4. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2015, 20:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 07:52:
It's a safety thing for bikers. Moving forward in the queue puts a stationary car at your back as a buffer against a car that doesn't stop quickly enough or even notice a stationary bike at the tail of a queue.

Interesting and informative! I have seen some people on motorcycles do that while I'm driving, and I was wondering what the hell it was all about. Being mistaken for being annoying is definitely a lot better than getting crushed by some trucker on a cell phone or soccer mom's minivan, etc.

News Comments > WildStar Free-to-Play Launches
1. Re: WildStar Free-to-Play Launches Sep 29, 2015, 10:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

They need to do away with "Free to Play" and start calling it "Free to Try," reading the list of missing or reduced features available to people who don't buy anything is a bit ridiculous.

Far less character slots and storage, tons of other minor annoyances that add up to being a huge hassle trying to just play without spending any real money.

Of course, this is the business model now, for MMOs especially, but it's a matter of principle.

News Comments > New Prison Architect Story & Mode Announced
6. Re: New Prison Architect Story & Mode Announced Sep 28, 2015, 06:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

EricTheMad wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 20:04:
or steal some tools from the workshop and start digging a tunnel hidden behind a picture of Raquel Welch

Huh?!

Watch "The Shawshank Redemption".

Seriously! That is borderline sacrilegious that you don't know that reference.

More on topic: Looking forward to the retail release of Prison Architect, it felt like it was in Early Access/Beta forever.

1. Re: Into the Black Sep 26, 2015, 13:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Somehow it seems like this whole "reading online insults" craze is a huge mistake... it encourages more general assholery, and actually gives some of the writers of these insults even more coverage on tv shows. Oh well, first world problems.

News Comments > Dawn of War Free Weekend
8. Re: Dawn of War Free Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 21:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 20:14:
Cool. I'd been thinking about replaying Soulstorm again at some point. I played it when it came out and it was a massive resource hog which made me get really fed up with how long it took to load everything (like 40 seconds to load a map.)

On a modern computer it should be a lot better.
Soulstorm is... ok. Basically massing/spamming air power is the way to go for any situation. I think the previous expansions had better balance. Still, there are some decent mods out for Soulstorm too, so it's not a complete loss.

News Comments > Dawn of War Free Weekend
3. Re: Dawn of War Free Weekend Sep 24, 2015, 20:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dawn of War up to the Winter Assault expansion is one of my favorite RTS games all time, especially with mods.

It's such a shame Relic went in such a different, smaller scale direction with DoW2.

I bought DoW2 on sale for like 4 bucks, can barely get into it at all. On the other side of the coin, I've probably got 250+ hours in the various flavors of DoW1/mods at this point.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2015, 10:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Blue wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 10:09:

Also, is the name of their boat actually the "Sea Bro?" It just gets better and better.

Hahaha! I couldn't make it through the entire video, but that's hilarious if that is the boat's name.

2344 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo