Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1357 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Carmack-Free QuakeCon
10. Re: Carmack-Free QuakeCon Jun 13, 2014, 00:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

*sheds tear.

The end of an era. Of course he'll probably be back next year.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals
17. Re: Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals Jun 13, 2014, 00:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

At best I may buy this game when it's an under 10 dollar Steam sale or something, so I am definitely not the target audience.

But holy SHIT, people need to stop throwing money at these guys. It's gone from hilarious to just plain embarrassing to the human race.

News Comments > Project CARS E3 Trailer
9. Re: Project CARS E3 Trailer Jun 12, 2014, 02:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, this looks gorgeous. I don't usually like driving games, let alone driving sims, but I kinda want to play this just from these clips.

Time to install Burnout Paradise (10 cent Origin purchase) to hold me over.

News Comments > Eterlands Announced
5. Re: Eterlands Announced Jun 12, 2014, 00:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Phew, it's almost been 7 days since a new MOBA was announced. For a second there I was a little worried.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears
10. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Nears Jun 12, 2014, 00:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, looking forward to the final release of this game, one of the few Kickstarter projects I backed.

I have no desire personally to play a beta for any RPG really, and I can't really see why people would pay that much to be in ANY beta, let alone one where you can ruin the experience for yourself so totally(story, mechanics, etc.)

News Comments > Diablo III to "Heal" Broken Achievements
17. Re: Diablo III to Jun 11, 2014, 18:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Poor Diablo 3. The engine is so good, I would have loved to see a MedianXL type mod for this game, offline.

I still play a bit, but from what they are telling us about Seasons, that'll most likely be the final straw for me. No way do I have the patience to relevel 6 characters from scratch each season just to get legendaries, or wait 3-6 months to get those legendaries in non-Season.

More on topic, not really an achievement guy myself, but this kind of 'fix' really makes me curious as to the metric shit-ton of data the servers must compile on each played character/account. Some of these achievements have been broken since release.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Trailer
19. Re: Alien Isolation Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 15:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty decent, graphically speaking, but I guess the survival/horror genre just doesn't do it for me anymore, fun wise.

I'd much rather have a pulse rifle than spend all my time running around hiding behind grates, or whatever the final gameplay is going to amount to.

Or a full on rpg, with squads of marines and some nice tactical combat options, or something.

It seems like survival games and survival horror games are becoming almost as common as zombie games at this point.

Oh well, still probably a Steam sale buy for me.

News Comments > Magicka 2 Announced
10. Re: Magicka 2 Announced Jun 10, 2014, 16:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Probably a day 1 buy for me... now if I can only get my various gaming associates to play it for longer than five minutes this time around...

Magicka's magic system punishes the unworthy.

News Comments > Dying Light E3 Trailer
1. Re: Dying Light E3 Trailer Jun 4, 2014, 13:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks really good, to be honest. I played through all of Dead Island, and that had worse mechanics than Dying Light seems to, so...

definite $9.99 purchase for me, probably not full price though.

News Comments > Ex-Irrational Devs Announce The Black Glove
4. Re: Ex-Irrational Devs Announce The Black Glove Jun 3, 2014, 12:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 11:52:
Will you force them to 'Smell the Black Glove'?

But not, you know, over and over.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 2, 2014, 10:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

People who think CoH2 is a good game need to play Men of War:Assault Squad 2. Now that's a real WWII rts.

Although I will admit, CoH2 has some nice graphics and excellent sound effects.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black May 30, 2014, 21:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is a very interesting monitor thread, but not a single one of you has addressed the superhuman bicyclist outlaw in the link. For shame.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
3. Re: Evening Screenshots May 30, 2014, 20:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Those Elite Dangerous screenshots look pretty good, but they don't look 40 million dollars good. Oh wait, that's the other game.

News Comments > DICE Opens BF Hardline Preorders; Promises Continued BF4 Support
40. Re: butterfly in the sky, i can fly twice as high! May 29, 2014, 23:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

No interest in Battlefield Hardline.

I do still play BF4 occasionally however; Golmud Railway is still arguably the best map ever in any BF game.

Hopefully DICE follows through and continues to patch up BF4 in spite of their full-EA mode release nonsense.

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed
99. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Delayed May 29, 2014, 23:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 29, 2014, 22:14:
I'm surprised to not see VGReagle barfing all over this by now.. his mom must have taken him to Chuck-E Cheese tonight Clown Dunce Clown

Ahh, Chuck-E Cheese. Even as a kid, I remember thinking: "well this pizza isn't great, but damned if that animatronic band isn't horrifying."

Also, I think it was required for at least one kid to piss in the ballpit daily.

*EDIT* More on topic: The spectacle around this game continues to amuse and depress me. Regardless of how the actual game turns out, psychologists could study the circus around the game for decades and keep finding new flaws in the human psyche to point out.

News Comments > Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY
25. Re: Bethesda Announces BATTLECRY May 28, 2014, 16:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

That blond girl is way too small to be swinging that sword. Boycott!

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale May 26, 2014, 15:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

What!?! You DON'T want a sale? Sacrilege!

I want to buy even MORE games, so instead of years of gametime gathering, dust, I have DECADES!

I made a new tab in my Steam Library, Unplayed Games. It's quite full at the moment.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Intro Movie
5. Re: Wasteland 2 Intro Movie May 25, 2014, 14:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

On the one hand, I'm looking forward to Wasteland 2, probably a day one purchase for me (I have reached my KS limit, so didn't back it).

On the other hand, can we PLEASE get a post apocalyptic world setting where NOBODY is wearing old football pads? Seriously, those offer zero protection from actual weapons.

News Comments > Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent
9. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 11:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Now, Blizzard just needs to remove Rift Keys from the game entirely, and buff drop rates in Adventure mode(bounties, bosses, etc.) to be the same as Rifts.

Then people could actually play the areas of the game they want to play, instead of farming Bounties to farm Rifts for actual drops.

It'd be nice for them to make solo play as rewarding, Magic Find-wise, as group play, but that logical leap seems to be completely beyond them.

News Comments > King's Bounty: Dark Side Early Access
1. Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side Early Access May 19, 2014, 13:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looking at the screenshots, this looks like the same game(basically) and same engine(mostly?) that I've played several times already.

No major improvements this time around, 1C Company? I'll pass.

1357 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo