Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2057 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 19, 2015, 21:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on May 19, 2015, 19:01:
Love the way, after making a comment the other day about Daniel Craig playing a stormtrooper in the upcoming Star Wars movie, he ends with:

p.s. Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan are also Stormtroopers in The Force Awakens.

That's pretty interesting actually, it makes me wonder what the storyline is going to be as far as the clone troopers... all died off, or are there still a few aging ones left, ie. Dalton/Brosnan? Or do they just happen to be older Troopers(non-clone)

More importantly, I saw Mad Max:Fury Road today, and it was beautiful. Insane stuntwork, gorgeous visuals and audio, tolerable dialogue, great non-verbal acting. Clearly some skilled mechanics in the wasteland of Australia too.

Everybody on Bluesnews should drop what they're doing and go see Mad Max. For the record, I saw the 2D version, I'll probably go see the 3D version next week to compare.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Into the Black May 18, 2015, 21:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

That was an interesting clip, I've never pictured Norm MacDonald getting verklempt(aka Dick Vermeil), with his performing persona being such a sarcastic ass.

News Comments > BF4 Spring Patch to Add New Weapons & Gun Master Mode
5. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 17, 2015, 22:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Trevellian wrote on May 17, 2015, 21:04:

Personally Gun Master and Scavenger were my two favorite modes added to BF3, so I'm happy to see at least one of them make a comeback.

I thought Gun Master(or whatever it was called) in CS was pretty fun, but the shooting is much tighter in that engine. With BF4's sometimes sketchy registry those infantry focused mods get old for me pretty fast, but glad you are looking forward to them.

News Comments > BF4 Spring Patch to Add New Weapons & Gun Master Mode
1. Re: BF4 Spring Patch to Add New Weapons & Gun Master Mode May 17, 2015, 15:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looking at the expanded patch notes, they sound like some decent changes. Yet another game mode though, really? Well, somebody will play it, but I feel as though the game overall would be better served by focusing on the core gameplay of Large Conquest, and maybe even cutting a few of the other modes(Air Superiority) at least as requirements for unlocks.

I haven't played in months though, going to be rusty as hell when I go back for this patch

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 16, 2015, 17:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

After reading the article, I was a bit surprised to see that Facebook is tracking users who aren't even logged in, as well as non-users.

Apparently their little Like/Share buttons that seem to be all over the damned internet now do a lot more, although the article doesn't say whether they are activated regardless of whether you actually click or not.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
11. Re: Evening Mobilization May 15, 2015, 17:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on May 15, 2015, 08:36:

Good luck, you're going to need it.

Maybe, but you'd think somebody would have already stuck a copy in a newspaper somewhere and forgotten about it.

I'll look around later tonight.

News Comments > Diablo III Turns Three on PC; Celebrates With Console Buffs
7. Re: Diablo III Turns Three on PC; Celebrates With Console Buffs May 15, 2015, 10:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

There supposedly is a new event on PC as well, a cow level. Not to be confused with the cow rift, this is a separate event that spawns from a small cow-goblin thing when you kill it.

It seems to have a spawn rate of about the same as the original Greed zone goblin, so it's entirely possible some people won't see it before the event is over.

Adventure/Campaign mode only.

*EDIT* Keilun beat me to it.

*EDIT 2* Whoops, Blizzard.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2015, 10:47.

5. Re: Evening Mobilization May 14, 2015, 22:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rhino wrote on May 14, 2015, 20:43:

Don't do that. PT is no longer available.

P.T. is no longer available, via standard PS4 downloading. The internet though...

2. Re: Evening Mobilization May 14, 2015, 20:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

harlock wrote on May 14, 2015, 19:25:
konami: "you're gonna make the next metal gear game for mobile platforms"
kojima: "fuck that, i'll never do that shit"
konami: "oh yes you will! we own you. do it now"
kojima: "i will never fucking do that"
konami: "get out"
kojima: "gladly"

That's probably about how it went down. I'm halfway tempted to buy a PS4 and download that P.T. demo thing, from all the praise I'm hearing for it. What a shame that Konami has imploded.

I'm looking forward to Kojima starting work somewhere else soon though.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
8. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 14, 2015, 20:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit, that looks great! I know it's pure CGI but even the gameplay trailers look good.

I swear I'll get through what I have left on the first two games soon, so I can move onto this one.

I'm hesitant to say it, but it also seems, at least in this trailer, that they captured a little bit of the flavor of the novels, where it isn't quite so black and white as some aspects of the games. I could just be reading into their gorgeous cgi though.

News Comments > Overwatch Video
28. Re: Overwatch Video May 14, 2015, 15:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

I liked that earlier cinematic video a lot more... I think I'll be on the lookout for the youtube versions of the full cutscenes for this game, zero desire to actually play this though.

Both teams dogpiling on ONE cap point? Is that just a test map or something? A lot of distracting visuals, at least to me, also.

Seeing that video makes me want to fire up Battlefield 4 again, and I've been away from that for months now, playing the various new RPGs.

1. Re: Into the Black May 13, 2015, 22:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

This reminds me of the 30-Second Bunnies movies, in a very good way. I also want to re-watch CA:tWS now.

News Comments > Tom Clancy’s The Division Delayed
11. Re: Tom Clancy’s The Division Delayed May 13, 2015, 01:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on May 12, 2015, 23:37:
"You guys remember that incredible trailer we showed off about two years ago? Yeah, it looks and plays nothing like that anymore."

Basically this. It's a shame, but it's yet another game that can't live up to the crazy hype they try to generate pre-release.

News Comments > Visceral's Han Solo Game?
6. Re: Visceral's Han Solo Game? May 9, 2015, 19:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wetworks24 wrote on May 9, 2015, 16:53:
I'd rather they work on Dead Space 4 than another Star Wars game. We need more good survival horror games.

I somewhat agree... Dead Space 2 was amazing, Dead Space 3 was a big step backwards though. Why oh why, with all these amazing crafting options, are we limited to two guns in DS3, when DS1 and 2 allowed 4 guns each with 2 modes of fire? Etc. etc.

I can only hope they go in a more DS1/DS2 direction if they do end up making a Dead Space 4.

As far as the Han Solo game, it'll probably be mediocre at best.

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Launches
2. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Launches May 9, 2015, 17:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Darks wrote on May 9, 2015, 15:13:
Another stupid wanabe game. they would have been better off making Sins 2 then this POS.

My thoughts exactly, although I'm sure Ironclad was less than ecstatic about their Sins of a Solar Empire sales.

It has to be the worst possible time to enter the MOBA market... so many established games with huge player bases and twitch streams and pro tournaments already. I have no interest in MOBAs but you have to assume people who do are already well entrenched elsewhere.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch May 8, 2015, 22:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, FINALLY! The ability to turn off the Auto-leveling(and ruining, in my opinion) on NPCs. By the time I found the paladin she had picked seemingly random abilities/skills, this is a much needed improvement.

That said, they also mention patch 1.06 will be out later this month, I may just wait a bit longer for the 2nd playthrough.

I'm thinking all melee, or as much melee as possible for the next playthrough.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade
22. Re: Wasteland 2 GotY Free Upgrade May 7, 2015, 20:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Awesome! Second Wasteland 2 and PoEt playthroughs in another few months or so, sounds like.

Also, clearly he was talking about a cinematic asteroid field, real life asteroid fields are so boring. Probably not any giant worms out in our asteroid belt either.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer
22. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer May 7, 2015, 20:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks amazing... I really, really need to get the previous Witcher games finished. :/

Also, W3 needs to go on sale.

5. Re: Into the Black May 7, 2015, 20:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on May 7, 2015, 19:52:

edit: Also, while you see the Kree in Marvel movies, you may never see the Skrulls.

What the happy HORSE SHIT!? Ugh, stupid corporations! The natural progression with the current Movie universe would be the Skrulls after Infinity Gauntlet/Civil War.

Figures, although I had known about the whole Fox abusing their Mutants license, I hadn't known Skrulls were off the table too.

Also, as others have said, pretty soon the movie format simply isn't going to work for these projects... there isn't enough time on screen for the amount of characters they plan on using.

News Comments > Magicka 2 Sneak Peek
1. Re: Magicka 2 Sneak Peek May 5, 2015, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks good, also looks like it'll be rage inducing in coop mode yet again, I wonder how long it'll last with my usual group.

2057 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo