Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1598 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 2, 2014, 21:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 10:46:
I'm laughing at Farm Simulator making it to number two...makes me think of this.

That video is hilarious, but I feel so cheated. Easily one of the best comedy BF3 montage videos is a straight ripoff of this Farm Simulator video... such disappointment.

Still, thanks for showing the real deal original.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
34. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 15:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

It's almost pointless to post in any Star Citizen thread at this point, but as I was watching this video, I kept thinking: "man, these human animations are terrible, but I bet they could make an ok flight-sim instead, if they put their minds to it."

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Oct 31, 2014, 22:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Five Nights at Freddy's for 2.50? Had to buy it.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 31, 2014, 22:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cabin in the Woods could have been great, but the ending, and a few scenes near the ending, killed it for me.

Why, oh why, would you include a giant red button that released all the unkillable supernatural horrors into the same area your personnel are in? *EDIT* I disagree with the video's take on the button, but I can see his logic.

Why oh why would they not kill themselves at the end to prevent the COMPLETE DESTRUCTION OF THE EARTH, when that was going to result in their immediate death anyway? Either you die, or all humans die? Not much of a choice there for the majority of any species.

Up until those two scenes, I was loving that film.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2014, 22:28.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Oct 31, 2014, 04:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Road Redemption is...actually really good already, I am impressed. Controls aren't perfect but they are usable, tracks are randomly generated, physics are hilarious, weapon selection seems strong already.

It is still a work in progress, I did get stuck respawning right in front of an unbreakable object a couple times, and you are forced to relocate(via the menu).

It's like 16 bucks or something, it's easily worth it.

News Comments > The Evil Within Demo
19. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 31, 2014, 00:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Installed the demo, I've been playing for roughly 20 minutes. Reminds me of classic Resident Evil games, in terms of purposely crappy controls so far. Nice level design though, some nice scripted events, definitely a normal human character so far in terms of abilities. The widescreen bars are pretty annoying.

I'll finish the demo and get a better picture, but I think I'm sold on this game the next time there is a sale.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Oct 30, 2014, 21:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 20:58:
Anyone play Vanishing of Ethan Carter? How many hours of game play? I enjoyed Gone Home, and this seems similar, but these games are single play through so gotta factor bang for the buck.

Second hand opinion of VoEC is that it can be pretty short, if you rush through the puzzles, etc. Under 5 hours, according to some complaints on the steam forums. That necessarily isn't a deal breaker for me at least, I just might wait for a bigger sale discount.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 30, 2014, 20:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

I broke down and bought Road Redemption... this game is going to be huge! (among that very small segment of the population that loved Road Rash back in the day)

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 4
9. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 4 Oct 30, 2014, 20:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 20:09:
Can't wait to play this...as soon as it hits the bargain bin!
Wiseguy

Same, it'll have to hit the 10 dollar or so mark for me to bite.

News Comments > The Evil Within Demo
13. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 30, 2014, 20:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am going to try this demo, and form an opinion based on that. Revolutionary thinking!

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 30, 2014, 14:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, Yahtzee really ripped The Evil Within a new one in that ZP review.

I'm still planning on getting it at 10 bucks or less though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Into the Black Oct 30, 2014, 13:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 08:37:
Jivaro wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 02:35:
My new theory is that Skye is either Inhuman or half-Inhuman and her dad is actually Maximus the Mad. (Black Bolt's brother and exiled Inhuman) That's why the Kree blood isn't affecting her the same way it affected Coulson or Garret.

I know..it's kind of out there but...

No, I'd say you're right on the money, considering:

Of the "Inhumans," Feige promises we'll get hints of them sooner than you may think.

Wow, interesting, but I wonder if they'd bring out a character that big in the tv show? Of course they did bring Mockingbird into the show, so who knows. I am leaning towards some sort of Kree or other offplanet species, especially since it all stems from that blue corpse from the first season.

Bottom line, from now until May 2015, must...avoid...all Avengers spoilers!

The fascination with ruining a movie for yourself months before it even comes out continues to amaze me... everywhere I look there are special looks, trailers, behind the scenes, etc. etc.

SHOW US NOTHING!

ps. If you are correct, and we get a Black Bolt appearance in the tv show, they had damn well get the correct actor for the role. Considering Black Bolt will have zero dialogue this shouldn't be too hard though.

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
37. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 30, 2014, 13:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 19:38:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 13:04:
I can't even remember how I got through it, way back when on the floppy/CD version... I don't remember the controls being this rough.

You were younger then, and free.

But always, in my heart, I was Huron! Wait, wrong movie.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 30, 2014, 13:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

That woman looks like she took a pretty good shot from the metal bar at the bottom of the gate, hard to tell if it was to the chest/arm or straight to the face though. Definitely unpleasant, but probably not too serious as she's walking around shortly after.

I hope the driver was extremely drunk or high... the only way to explain how stupid this entire event was.

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 13:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Another day, yet another Gamergate tidbit. Once again, nothing of note has occurred, nothing is resolved, and no useful discussion will take place, anywhere.

Congratulations, internet!

Obligatory: xkcd

PS. for people who don't seem to know, Colbert is on comedy network. His show is satire. Although he interviews real people, he interviews them as his right wing character almost exclusively(I think he's done what, 2 as himself?). You might as well get mad at an article from the Onion.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
4. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 13:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Pillars of Eternity, Torment:Tides of Numenera. The money has been thrown at you, please turn out to be well done, (relatively) bug free games!

Also, Grim Dawn, please be finished in my lifetime, thanks.

Thus concludes the Kickstarter prayer.

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
14. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 13:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

I bought the Crusader games awhile back on gog.com during their last sale.. the gog version suffers from the original control issues, aka terribly implemented keyboard+mouse setup.

I'm sure the Origin version is about the same, but I'll download and check it out later. The controls can only improve at this point.

I can't even remember how I got through it, way back when on the floppy/CD version... I don't remember the controls being this rough.

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Beta
22. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 29, 2014, 04:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 03:23:
For something that won't break the bank, but should provide you with all the control you need for a good experience, I recommend the Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS. One thing that's not evident from Amazon's photos is that the throttle and stick separate into two separate units if you want them further apart. I haven't gotten E:D yet, but Halfelf has, and he just got one of these sticks, so you might want to check with him.

Hrm thanks, that doesn't even seem too crazy, price wise, at 45 bucks. Although I thought all the good HoTaS setups were like $200 ?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Daedalus - No Escape
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Daedalus - No Escape Oct 29, 2014, 00:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Inspired by Quake 3? a top down shooter? Of course they are probably referring to the space marine bit, but this game does bring back fond memories of Robotron and Smash TV. 11 bucks, I may buy it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
13. Re: etc., etc. Oct 28, 2014, 23:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

A picture is worth a thousand words, but what about pictures WITH words?! Mind = Blown.

chainsawsuit.com

1598 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo