Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2344 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 4, 2015, 09:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha, the tiny, almost microscopic booth in the corner, no doubt staffed by one unlucky intern. That would be hilarious if I didn't still have some irrational belief that Diablo 3 could be patched into greatness.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 4, 2015, 09:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 04:52:
Whoa, Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced on sale for $5.

I need to go ahead and finish my run through of Enhanced BG1/BG2, so far BG1 has been my nemesis, either my harddrive will die, or some other issue will cause me to format. I'll get back to it eventually!

Also, Kyn on sale, while we're talking isometric rpgs. *Disclosure: I bought this yesterday, haven't really had a chance to mess with it, been playing Victor Vran a lot. Kyn was on my wishlist though and my brain auto-bought it when it went below 5 dollars.

News Comments > Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials
2. Re: Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2015, 09:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit... 5.9 billion?

Casual phone games are just too huge, no wonder most larger game companies have totally sold out the past 10 years or so.

Of course the indie/kickstarter game scene has really improved, so it's not all bad.

But basically, even less money/man power will be spent on Diablo 3 now.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Nov 2, 2015, 20:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

harlock wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 19:03:
dude.... ash vs evil dead is the ultimate... holy shit its good

Agreed, I thought the first episode was pretty damned good for having about 25-30 years off.

I watched the first season of Dark Matter, and enjoyed it enough that I'll watch the second. Still, it's definitely a cable tv show, in terms of overall quality.

Fargo(the series) on the other hand... now that is high quality art. And the second season is shaping up to be superior to the first, which True Detective utterly failed on.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Oct 31, 2015, 02:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 22:37:
I am a seatbelt nazi. You get in MY car you put on YOUR seatbelt.

Same. The last thing I want in an accident is somebody else's body flying around, injuring me while I am securely belted in.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 30, 2015, 14:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 05:12:
Steam Halloween sale: 1877 things on sale. How am I supposed to even look at all that stuff?

I view 1877 things on sale as a missed opportunity. Had they gone with 1887 (Dracula published) or 1818 (Frankenstein published) it could have had a little secret meaning.

Luckily these days, most of those 1877 things are shovelware or things you already own from past sales. The Wishlist in Steam has been pretty good for me, as far as winnowing down any massive sale to just checking for the price drops on items I definitely want.

I did pick up Victor Vran so far, and it seems pretty interesting from the little time I've put in today.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Cancer-killing viruses have finally arrived Oct 30, 2015, 11:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

PHJF wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 10:49:
The virus, called talimogene laherparepvec (T-VEC), is a genetically engineered herpes simplex virus that can help treat advanced melanoma.

This is it, folks; the beginning of the end. The FDA has approved the t-Virus.

*Side effects include: Dramatic loss of cognitive function, Insatiable hunger, Massive resistance to pain, Bottomless aggression. Also in *rare* cases, continued ambulatory movement after death.

Sea Lion on a kayak: Shortly after that video clip ends, the sea lion bites a huge chunk out of that guy's shoulder, leading to the first Were-Sea Lion in the US.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: FBI Plane surveillance Oct 30, 2015, 11:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

At first, upon reading that headline, I was like: 'wow, finally, the FBI is getting involved in stopping the massive number of murders that go on in Baltimore in any given year!'

Then of course, I read the story and realized they were just filming the protestors. Good work once again FBI, way to do something useful.

*EDIT* typo.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2015, 11:43.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 28, 2015, 21:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

So, basically Amazon wants to sell us every possible product, ever. I think the only thing they are missing currently is large scale vehicles, cars/planes/boats etc.

It'd be impressive, if it wasn't also so ominously evil.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Updated
3. Re: Battlefield 4 Updated Oct 28, 2015, 15:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Don't worry, it seems like the overall skill level in BF4 has gone WAY downhill. I assume it's from the various price drops/free weekends etc. but it certainly feels like 80% of any server is playing the first round of their first FPS ever, usually.

So far the changes seem mostly for the better, I like the mini-map changes a lot honestly. Range drop off on MAA seems like a mistake so far, but I'll have to play more to be sure. Airpower overall seems slightly stronger, in spite of the lock on missile changes.

So far it seems like most servers running the night maps and Operation Outbreak are empty, only default map servers ever have decent populations when I go on to play.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Update and New Map Tomorrow
15. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Update and New Map Tomorrow Oct 27, 2015, 10:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, a ton of changes, not sure I agree on the land vehicle tweaks, on paper at least. Visual bugs aside, I'm not sure weakening the MAA is a good idea, great jet/helo pilots already control wide open maps like Golmud Railway.

Should be interesting to try them all out though.

*EDIT* Holy shit, they seem to have really given in to various complaints, based on some of the changes: reduced reload times for UCAV, Mortars and grenades. Sounds like it'll be a lot more spammy now. I wonder if that Marksman/Recon scoring decrease will matter at all, people who like to snipe will still snipe. Flag cap score increase is potentially a good change.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2015, 11:07.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 25, 2015, 13:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

... it has been like 3-4 weeks in a row now... how is Counter Strike:GO still on this list? Who doesn't have CS:GO at this point?

Unless there was a mass banning recently, and cheaters are stockpiling more keys or something.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies
5. Re: Pillars of Eternity Sells 500K Copies Oct 23, 2015, 19:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

DukeFNukem wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 18:45:
I thought this was a free game? I must be thinking of something very similar.

Curse your devious trolling! Path of Exile (PoE) != Pillars of Eternity (PoEt!)

Congrats Obsidian, it took (quite) awhile, but the game is great now.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 23, 2015, 15:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

...on the one hand I have already bought a bunch of HD remakes, so I can't really protest too much, but surely the multi-billion dollar games industry can make some NEW games?

Of course, the multi-billion dollar movie industry does the same thing, so maybe it's completely a lost cause.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: The First Person to Run a Marathon Without Telling Anyone. Oct 23, 2015, 09:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hilarious premise, but it went on to long. Wasted Opportunity!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 22, 2015, 22:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow. Utterly ridiculous. The RIAA and MPAA need to die already.  

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Video
9. Re: DOOM Alpha Video Oct 22, 2015, 22:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

It looks ok, it's still alpha so who knows. I'm more interested in the single player to be honest. Multiplayer FPS, I'm still doing BF4 if I do any at all, no real desire to go back to 1996 style DM games.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Opens Esports Division
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Opens Esports Division Oct 22, 2015, 11:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Later that day, Kotick added, "by the way, if you didn't think Diablo 3 was basically ignored before this, now you know we seriously don't give a f_ck about that game, haha!" *

*Quote may or may not be real.

Ignored is probably too harsh, but clearly Blizzard is going all in on their other online competitive games at this point. There are probably like 5 people left working on Diablo 3 patches.

News Comments > Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide Trailer
8. Re: Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide Trailer Oct 20, 2015, 20:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, this actually looks really good, and Killing Floor 2 is stilll months away... I may have to get this.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 19, 2015, 14:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 10:48:
Who's the Mouseless Joe Jackson of the eSports world?

Hehehehe

2344 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo