Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1853 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Free Weekend
1. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Free Weekend Mar 26, 2015, 20:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

This is a great game, and I recommend everybody try/buy it. However they chose the release weekend of PoEt, so good luck.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
51. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 20:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

About 5 hours of playtime so far (went with a human Rogue, ranged focus, getting my feet wet) and this game is great!

No bugs encountered so far either, except possibly a graphics issue with certain Wizards grimoires when they have a Bow as a secondary weapon.

Where the hell were games like this post Dragon Age:Origins? This game is gorgeous, sick visuals and audio, good user interface as far as my tastes go. I'm not sure how I feel about the Health/Endurance system yet, it seems pretty punishing on puny caster types.

Easily the best result of a Kickstarter yet, for me at least.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 26, 2015, 11:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

DrSquick wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 10:50:

You know what I've been thinking about lately? How did Steam make the first move, because there were so many others that could have done it first. For example, do you remember Gamespy? Before it was a crappy website, it was essentially the only multiplayer server finder. Can you imagine if they had the foresight to start offering games for sale digitally? It would have been a natural fit - I already use Gamespy every day to find servers to play on for these 30 games, why don't I just buy my game here too.

For all the griping about various Steam/Valve/Gabe/HL3 issues, you have to admire the early Valve years and their foresight. They have literally revolutionized the PC game industry with their Steam service, in terms of ease of use, availability and automated patching. I lean more towards Gog these days, but I have plenty of games on Steam.

I used to use Gamespy and then All Seeing Eye for all my online gaming(non MMO), but both companies dropped the ball in a couple ways. Gamespy got gradually worse as an actual game browser over time, then they sold the name to somebody who essentially buried it. All Seeing Eye, I can't remember if they got sued out of existence or just ran out of money or something, but they vanished pretty quickly in spite of having a superior game browser.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2015, 10:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

InBlack wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 10:40:
Digging Black Sails season 2, yet to watch season 3 of Vikings. Is that out yet???

I really hope that Pillars turns out great, from what little (pre)reviews Ive read, everyone seems to like it & I seriously hope its more like Baldurs Gate and less like Icewind Dale. (As in story & characters > action)

Season 3 of Vikings is on right now, Thursdays in fact. I want to say they are up to... episode 5 or 6? It's pretty good, pretty depressing, like the last two seasons. Epic nature settings, decent acting, ok combat.

Everybody keeps saying Black Sails is entertaining, I have to get around to watching that.

I'll also echo the love for Better Call Saul, it's a great show, and about damned time Bob Odenkirk got some wide recognition.

As far as PoEt, it should be more along the lines of BG and Planescape Torment, in terms of NPC characters/Story, although you can make a party of PC Adventurers(IWD Style) if you wanted to. Combat amount... unknown, but the various difficulty/combat aspect settings make it seem like you can dial that up and down to suit your liking.

Only a few hours now until PoEt!

*EDIT* Typo.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2015, 11:12.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 26, 2015, 10:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

ASeven wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 09:31:
First Pillars reviews are in and it appears the game is nothing short of amazing. Seems we have a true classic in our hands.

Glad I backed this up, bye bye social life.

Arrgh, only a couple more hours to go! Plus some Gog download time... I hope they aren't swamped, bandwidth wise.

*EDIT* Sheeeeeiiiiit... loook at these Badasses!

If directs link don't work, that pic is from this review.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2015, 09:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, on the one hand, ugh, yet another zombie movie!

But on the other hand, it looks like they are attempting a different type of story, at least. I'll Netflix it at the very least, Arnold.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released
8. Re: Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released Mar 26, 2015, 00:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 00:09:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 16:50:

To be fair, Dungeon Keeper 1 had 1st person Possession mode, and it was arguably pretty useful in some battles. I can't remember if Dungeon Keeper 2 had that also, my ratio of DK1:DK2 time spent is about 15:1.

Why would you want to copy that game? That game got way too much hype for what it was.

You...you DARE!?

I am a huge fan of Dungeon Keeper 1, I'll admit. Apparently not everyone is.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Mar 25, 2015, 21:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

I broke down and read that review, pretty much spoiler free(general stuff such as the Might stat is discussed), and it describes some pretty good mechanics in the game.

The only problem is, I am already second guessing my Firearms Rogue... Cipher sounds like it may have the most options in and out of combat! Arrgh!

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Etherium
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Etherium Mar 25, 2015, 20:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wishlisted, but like everything else, it has been bumped back at least a month or so for PoEt.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow
3. Re: Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow Mar 25, 2015, 20:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

LgFriess wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 19:31:
Sorry, I'll be a little busy playing Pillars of Eternity.

Haha, exactly! Their timing is laughable...I am definitely interested in Sword Coast Legends, but let's be honest, a lot of the n-Space team will probably be playing PoEt tomorrow at 3pm.

6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Mar 25, 2015, 17:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Trevellian wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 17:35:
I personally felt the Dungeons game was a shallow facsimile of the Dungeon Keeper games. I didn't like them nearly as much as DK or DK2. They can keep this rubbish.

They supposedly took all that criticism of Dungeons 1 to heart, and made Dungeons 2 much more DK like. I played the demo for Dungeons 1 and was massively underwhelmed... never bought it. I am holding out hope though that they will do much better with this sequel.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2015, 17:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 17:04:

Broken Lizard haven't been very funny since the original Super Troopers. I kept watching and being disappointed. I'm not sure they have it in them to make a funny sequel, and obviously the studios agreed or they wouldn't be begging fans for money.

All too true, unfortunately. I felt Super Troopers was easily their best work, but I enjoyed all of their movies to be honest. At least some parts of each film.

4. Re: Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released Mar 25, 2015, 16:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Slashman wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 15:27:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 11:23:
To me, if there's no first person view, there's not much interest.

Ummm. OK. Dizzy

To be fair, Dungeon Keeper 1 had 1st person Possession mode, and it was arguably pretty useful in some battles. I can't remember if Dungeon Keeper 2 had that also, my ratio of DK1:DK2 time spent is about 15:1.

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Mar 25, 2015, 11:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

RoboNerd wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 08:39:
Uhhh...what happened to all the clone troopers?

There was only a brief period of Clone Troopers, in the Star Wars universe.

End of Episode 2, Throughout Episode 3, they are still being grown.

In between 3 and 4, their growth facilities are shut down, the Empire is back to recruiting citizens to be Storm Troopers. By the end of Episode 6, still a mix of Clones and Storm Troopers throughout the former Empire, but no telling the exact numbers.

If you consider the Clone Wars cartoons canon, then many, many died in between 2 and 3, as well as an unknown number of desertions, etc.

For Episode 7(the upcoming film), it may be as much as 30-40 years later... those Clone Troopers still alive would be far too old for active duty, even if they don't pull what many suspect will happen: "clone troopers have a shortened life span"

Then again, they claim to be ignoring most of the Extended Universe, so who knows what they will claim happened in Episode 7.

TL/DR: Before and after Episode 2-4, The Empire recruits normal citizens to be Storm Troopers. Clone Troopers are only a brief blip in the Star Wars Universe, largely spent on fighting Robots Armies.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2015, 10:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, that Super Troopers 2 Fundraiser... it's been less than 24 hours and they are already over $1.6 million.

On top of that, a lot of the multiple thousand dollar tier packages have been sold; I liked Super Troopers too, but not nearly that much.

I'll watch it when it comes out, of course, probably not going to contribute though.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
16. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 10:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 09:27:
well it's not like I wanted to buy this, but is anyone surprised? DA:I and Fifa 2015 as well as Lords of the Fallen have all the same problem and restrictions.

Really? Shit. I was going to buy DA:I at some point on sale.

I thought these hardware DRM schemes went out of fashion years ago? Apparently EA ignored Ubisoft's bad press, or something?

1. Re: Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released Mar 25, 2015, 10:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, that was fast. Hopefully there's a demo, although the videos have looked really good, to be honest.

April 24th is far enough away that I should be able to get through a solid playthrough of Pillars of Eternity and be in the mood for something else to satisfy nostalgia.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Documentary, Part 2
20. Re: Pillars of Eternity Documentary, Part 2 Mar 25, 2015, 01:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Keys for backers seem to be available on the Backer Portal, 1:45AM Wednesday. Not sure exactly when they went up, but the process for redeeming on Gog was painless.

Nothing to download though under the tab on gog, of course.

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Mar 25, 2015, 01:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 00:25:

I don't want that in my fantasy worlds.

Why do people expect fantasy to obey their bizarre personal ideologies and political correctness anyway? Fantasy is the OPPOSITE of reality. If fantasy duplicates reality it isn't fantasy anymore!

This is already becoming a circular discussion, but that was kind of the point of the article. If it's a fantasy, does it really matter what races/skin tones whatever various characters are? If it doesn't matter, why are you so set against whatever opinion some random person writing an article expresses?

I find it strange that you seem to think your preference for a mostly white game is any more valid than the author's preference for a slightly less-white game.

The author's point is kind of proven in microcosm here, people expressing annoyance or even outrage that somebody questions the racial balance of a fictional universe; like how dare the author question my lily white, vaguely European fantasy setting!?

I think it was a mistake on the author's part to even bring up any Earth based history in regards to a non Earth setting, but I digress.

It's not like Bioware or any other studio is going to read that article and vastly transform their next game or something. Mainstream movies and games will be extremely white for a long, long time.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Mar 24, 2015, 21:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 20:43:
Saw this earlier today. So awesome.

Only a couple things could make it a wee bit better: Maybe a little voice acting, and perhaps using the original score. Even a heavy metal version of it. I suppose it won't be long before someone on the internet releases a version with those things.

Well, you aren't wrong, but look at the credits. One man did all the art, one guy did music, one guy did sound effects(largely lifted from Star Wars sources). No way did they have a budget for voice overs.

Also, there better be a Revenge of the X-Wing or something... the Empire cannot win!

1853 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo