Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1360 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Discovery Update
36. Re: Steam Discovery Update Sep 23, 2014, 18:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

This update isn't terrible, but I definitely would have liked a Forums button right on the main game page of EVERY GAME in the store view. Forums seem to be like 3 clicks away, and no longer even titled Forums, definitely no separate forum categories for most games, it seems.

That's one of the main things I check before buying anything on Steam, how many technical/gameplay complaints a given game has.

Aside from that, not bad.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
34. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 23, 2014, 18:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Good for Blizzard, Titan would have been a 'failure' compared to WoW no matter how much money they threw at it. I doubt any game is ever going to challenge how well WoW did during it's heyday. There is still a hard nugget of addicts who can't cancel their WoW accounts anyway, continuously feeding cash to Blizzard, and will probably do so for another 10 years, even if Blizzard never does more than add a few raids here and there.

This also indicates that Blizzard is probably making a shit ton off Hearthstone for a fraction of the money they spent on Titan.

They can keep chugging along, releasing another Starcraft 2 expansion and another D3 expansion and get away with not really innovating anything for at least another 5-10 years, at this rate.

MMOs are probably over with, as others have said. My generation has stopped playing them; my generation's children have mostly no desire to, they are all playing console games, or Minecraft, or MOBAs, or crap phone games, for Odin's sake.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Sep 23, 2014, 06:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not being able to watch youtube = Flash issue(reinstall) or Noscript blocking issue, most likely.

videosift is mostly Youtube links, so same story there.

News Comments > Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions
14. Re: Tim Schaefer Addresses Spacebase DF-9 Questions Sep 22, 2014, 11:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

All gnashing of teeth and tearing of clothes aside, I'm interested in what people do with the source code, a year or two down the line.

The basic idea of the game seems pretty interesting.

Disclaimer: I have not funded this game at any point.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 22, 2014, 08:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

I finally got around to buying the Gabriel Knight trilogy on gog.com during one of their sales... need to playthrough those a bit sooner apparently, if they are going to be releasing remastered and new GK games.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Detailed
7. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Detailed Sep 20, 2014, 11:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kosh401 wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 09:15:
Yeah our squad is really looking forward to this. I like the ammo/mag loss after toss, it will force a bit of a culture change towards more support dropping their ammo (ie using ammo, a lot just use 2 gadgets and go w/o ammo box)

Spawning only on squad leader will probably be the toughest to readjust to.. especially since we can't yet vote or choose who the SL is.

Well, apparently I'm the only one who is remembering pub server BF2 and earlier without my nostalgia glasses, where even though there was the mag system and an ammo class, and no regenerating health and a medic class, many people were either too stupid or too oblivious to drop medpacks/ammo for their teammates. Look to the current state of Assaults (not)reviving for a preview of how this is going to end up.

Also, you cannot stay with your squad the entire time, especially in large conquest. When you see a flag getting capped, sometimes you need to spawn there instead, for example. Your squad may already be involved across the map, etc. A vehicle using squad definitely will end up spread out.

I dunno, Classic/Hardcore/whatever setting modes in FPS games really depend on the population of the server you are on, I guess we'll see how it turns out. Sometimes I end up with great matches, sometimes I end up with utter steamrollings one way or another; the skill/knowledge spread in BF4 seems ridiculously large.

3. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Detailed Sep 19, 2014, 21:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 20:36:
For those that want to get back into it, check out Classic mode when this hits. It will be THE mode to play, which makes the game more like Battlefield 2 and less arcadey bullshit. No 3D spotting (only mini map spotting), Only can spawn on Squad Leaders, 100% health, No Health Regen, No Vehicle Regen, No Third Person View in vehicles, bullets go by mag reload (so if you reload and still had some bullets in the mag, your guy tosses it thus you lose those bullets).

I read up on classic mode earlier, and it sounds like it'd be great, except for the utterly retarded mag reload. There is no realism or fun to be had with this system, it's just a complete mistake to have in any game. My opinion of course.

1. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Patch Detailed Sep 19, 2014, 19:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, pretty good change list. I'm looking forward to testing it out; also they just buffed the SHIT out of the 44 magnum with that delay removal. That may be the new king handgun after this patch.

Everything sounds good, now all we need is an ETA.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
20. Re: Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 19, 2014, 14:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

El Pit wrote on Sep 19, 2014, 14:00:
Is g2a.com legit? Looks like one of those Chinese/Russian key stores, so... But those prices are really to good to be true/legit.

As far as I can tell, yeah. My guess is they do buy some version of Russian/Insert Country Here global keys for Steam/Origin and resell them worldwide, it'd easily explain the price difference.

Other people on bluesnews have used it; I'm extremely new to g2a.com, no complaints for it on Web of Trust (mywot.com).

On the site, they claim basically what I mentioned above, they buy keys at discount, resell to customers. No issues for me using the key on Steam, so I don't really have much more to tell you.

If I get some insane bill later on through Paypal I'll know something is awry.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month
13. Re: Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 This Month Sep 19, 2014, 13:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm definitely interested in buying this game, but there is simply no point to me in buying it now... so much stuff to play already, so much other good stuff coming out very soon, not enough time as it is. I'll wait until retail.

Keep testing this game though, people!

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Released
18. Re: Wasteland 2 Released Sep 19, 2014, 13:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

I went ahead and bought Wasteland 2 yesteday via g2a.com, $31 after various conversion fees.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, feels better than the various youtube videos I saw of it looked to me from earlier builds. They kinda had me sold at the 7 person party, even if the game was much worse.

7 Player party = crack cocaine to me, not sure why. So far, from the little I've played, I'm REALLY liking the headshots button... debating restarting with more sniper oriented guys just to utterly annihilate people. Even assault rifles with headshots seem really good, although it's early.

Thanks for the g2a suggestion, Mashiki Amiketo!

Hrm seems to have gone up like 40 cents since I bought it yesterday, but it's still on sale. So you'll save 7-8 bucks.

I'm sounding vaguely shill-ish, but I bought off g2a.com via paypal, got my key in like 5 minutes. Seems like a legitimate site, also WoT recommended, via Acleacius.

*EDIT* Grammar.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2014, 13:47.

News Comments > Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer
1. Re: Styx: Master of Shadows Trailer Sep 18, 2014, 22:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game actually looks pretty good. This is a spinoff of that Orcs and Men game, right? I love this art style, and I can always appreciate a good stealth game.

As others have said, all of a sudden it seems like a ton of interesting games are coming out.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 18, 2014, 22:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Neal Stephenson is one of my favorite authors, however apparently his skills do not transfer easily to making niche video games. Not really surprising in the end. Also, he probably picked one of the hardest games to make, 'realistic' combat games have traditionally ended up pretty terrible for one reason or another.

Also, everybody who backed should get their fucking money back, isn't that inherent in the Kickstarter system?

News Comments > Road Redemption Early Access
4. Re: Road Redemption Early Access Sep 18, 2014, 21:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

Road Rash was easily one of my favorite games on the Sega Genesis, if not THE favorite. I so hope this ends up being great.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Hotwire Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer
1. Re: Battlefield Hardline Hotwire Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer Sep 18, 2014, 20:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

However good or bad this game turns out to be, I can't help but feel this is literally the worst possible time to release a game about militarized police running amok shooting at suspects. The only way they could make this worse is with a Ferguson map.

Excellent timing, EA.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
28. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 18, 2014, 12:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 05:12:
btw anyone who's looking for a copy of wasteland 2 g2a has it on for ~$30 USD right now.

Hrm, I am tempted to buy that. where is g2a based, and I assume you have used them a couple of times? Any weird issues with their website/service?

Apparently Wasteland 2's official release date is tomorrow, is the Steam price going to stay 60 dollars?

*EDIT* Apparently based out of Poland. Still, I assume you've used them before, any issues?

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video
10. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Gameplay Video Sep 17, 2014, 23:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Icewind wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 23:19:

Wait. I can see Wasteland 2, but you think Eternity fell short? How so? Was it due to the pause based combat? Because I thought Eternity was amazing.

Well, unfortunately I am reduced to watching Backer Beta videos, I only supported that Kickstarter at a lower tier. However the stamina system, no combat experience, healing system, a lot of things seem way out of whack at this stage. Tanking seems impossible in the current build, some stats are currently pointless. The Rest Bonus seems like it'd drive me crazy also...it seems to encourage going back to town every time.

Of course, a lot of these are just numbers to be tweaked here and there, maybe it'll be fine by release. A lot of discontent on the Backer forums also, and no noticeable response by any developers. I'm not sure if that's good or bad at this point, maybe there are plans in motion, etc.

I am leaning towards not paying any more attention to Pillars of Eternity until it's actually out, I'm just getting annoyed at details via second hand accounts at this point.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
46. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2014, 22:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wait... what?!? RMB for forward? That's for Alt-Fire or ADS, you madmen.

Also, consider using the numpad instead of WASD. Far superior, translates well to separate keypad controllers too, instead of having the weird offset keys of WASD or EDSF.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 17, 2014, 22:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

I hope those guys were just playing around, and weren't going to start shooting the shit out of any curious coyotes. Notice the howler has a pretty serious rifle across his knees.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $53M
5. Re: Star Citizen Passes $53M Sep 17, 2014, 22:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Lol. Sheer lunacy. Stop throwing money at this project, humanity!

1360 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo