Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1901 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video
4. Re: Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video Apr 20, 2015, 23:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, Alan Wake...it's really a shame that game didn't do better; I enjoyed the hell out of the vanilla and American Nightmare versions on gog.

I think a LOT of people passed on it when it was new, and did the Steam sale or gog sale thing. That seems to be death for a lot of titles even if they end up being popular later on, aside from the whole Xbox exclusive debacle.

Of course we're living in the world of Kickstarter madness, so I'm sure Remedy could make Alan Wake 2 if they really wanted to.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 17, 2015, 21:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

That was pretty much my reaction... except for the "alright" in the middle.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer
33. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 17, 2015, 13:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

Flak wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 13:17:
E
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed...but BF3 looks better than BF4 or Hardline...DICE has been going backwards guys. All of the tools in other website comments who say 'durr, I really hope this is in game!' are in for a real shock when they actually play the game.
I didn't get Hardline, but I can't see how you'd say BF4 looks worse than BF3, that's a hard statement to support.

$60 retail + $60 premium + $60 additional DLC...yes, 3 $60 grabs, EA has been WAITING for a franchise like Star Wars with a mindless consumption army of fans who will pay anything for any content put out.
exactly. I am interested in Battlefront, but I can already see them milking the hell out of it.

News Comments > Blizzard Killing Diablo III Trial Rifts
7. Re: Blizzard Killing Diablo III Trial Rifts Apr 17, 2015, 13:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Armengar wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 13:22:
problem is, you can get level 600 players that cant play and 300 players that are geared far higher than they appear. At least the trials showed you if the team was crap, the alternative is join a grift where you are either the only one pulling your weight or half the team drop out when they hit the first gr40 bad affix and realise they are in over their heads.

I don't always want to run at my highest GR, if im levelling a new stone then I join a low torment grift and don't play the trial heavily (so the team isn't over their heads) so I can race through the GR20 faster

Most of the Trial replacement ideas involve just having a new menu, where you pick up to level X+1, where X is your highest GR level. That would be the ideal system to me, so you can level new gems easily in lower GR, or play for max GR for older gems or just raising your GR cap. As far as multi, they can either allow the lowest or highest max GR per person as the team's max, or an average, etc.

Hopefully Blizzard does something along those lines.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming
10. Re: Pillars of Eternity Version 1.04 Released; Beta Patches Coming Apr 17, 2015, 13:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

PHJF wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 10:45:
I *really* dislike hitting a level cap before I finish a game, and I hit it before even entering Twin Elms. I just lose all motivation to do stuff when I don't see my party improve as a result.

I'm somewhat in the same boat, for PoEt. I hit the level cap extremely early, and I've lost a little motivation for doing any late game side quests or clearing some zones. Mods can help I suppose, or maybe on my next playthrough I'll pick and choose quests more, instead of utterly exhausting every zone and quest possible.

News Comments > Blizzard Killing Diablo III Trial Rifts
4. Re: Blizzard Killing Diablo III Trial Rifts Apr 17, 2015, 12:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 09:39:
It's about damn time.

Took the words right out of my... fingertips? Exactly right, in other words.

I can't even believe it's taking this long, many good to great ideas for Trials replacement have already been posted on the forums, and anybody who plays even a few trials could think of better ways to do it.

I'm partial to the X+1 idea, where you can basically use your Keystones in any past Greater Rift level(X) or one higher. Keystone or Gem upgrades work the same at the end of the Greater Rift. New players would have to run ONE trial at least, to set their X.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Specs & Additional Preorder Bonus
9. Re: Killing Floor 2 Specs & Additional Preorder Bonus Apr 16, 2015, 09:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I hope they get it well polished and mostly balanced in that time, but my group of potential KF2 players were all looking forward to playing the final version a little earlier than October/November.

Oh well, tons of stuff to play in the meantime.

With Early Access being up to half a year, I'm not sure if I'll buy it next week then, might end up getting sick of the half assed version way too soon.

6. Re: Killing Floor 2 Specs & Additional Preorder Bonus Apr 16, 2015, 08:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 08:18:
Wetworks24 wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 02:54:
I imagine it'll be in early access for a while.
According to John Gibson at least 6 months

6 Months!?

"Sheeeeeeeeeiiiiiit." - Clay Davis

1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Specs & Additional Preorder Bonus Apr 15, 2015, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, not that great of a preorder bonus, really. Almost everybody interested in KF2, already has KF1 from one of the umpteen billion sales it has been in.

Still, I'm tempted to pre-order/Early Access this game anyway.

News Comments > Project CARS Specs & 12K Support
13. Re: Project CARS Specs & 12K Support Apr 15, 2015, 12:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Apr 15, 2015, 12:43:
Finally! A game that supports the circle of 12 1080P monitors that I sit in the center of. I've been waiting for this.

Only 12? New to PC gaming, are you? I just traded in my 16 1080p monitors for 4 4k monitors! When are developers going to make a game that will take advantage of my hardware?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 14, 2015, 14:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Surely this man's popularity is a sign of the coming apocalypse?  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
5. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 10:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

How annoying is it running Steam + Rockstar Social Club this time around? Last Rockstar game I had on PC was Max Payne 3, and I wasn't overly pleased with RSC, but it wasn't a deal breaker at the sale price I got MP3 for.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 3 Begins
2. Re: Diablo III Season 3 Begins Apr 11, 2015, 18:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cram wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 16:28:
Pretty disappointed with a few people on friends/clan lists that got bots to run them to 70 in less then an hour. To reach his own I guess. Kinda defeats the point for me. Edit: To clarify, they weren't running bots, they joined games run by one that was running t6 rifts not very long after the season launched.

People joining games run by bots!? That brings a nostalgic tear to my eye for the old D2 days!

That said, I don't play seasons at all in D3, the identical leveling process = not my cup of tea.

News Comments > Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month
16. Re: Path of Exile Expansion Closed Beta This Month Apr 11, 2015, 16:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

NKD wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 15:38:
I tried really hard to get into this but I found myself playing a lot more Diablo 3 in the long run. It's got a lot of the stuff I wanted from Diablo 3 but didn't get, but it also feels, I dunno, old school in a bad way? Clunky? I can't really put the feeling to words.

This about sums it up for me also. Path of Exile just kinda bores me, not sure if it's the skill system or just having the huge Passives tree shock wear off after awhile, I just don't really have a desire to continue any of my PoE characters.

News Comments > Trine 3 Trailer
2. Re: Trine 3 Trailer Apr 10, 2015, 18:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks great... also looks a lot harder to control(possibly) than Trine 1 and 2.

Keyboard and Mouse might no longer do it for the Trine series, with all the 3d motion.

That Thief move with the rope at 5:00 or so, so sweet.

Each Trine game has looked an order of magnitude more gorgeous than the last... I wonder if these guys will ever go back and do some sort of higher-end Shadowgrounds game? I'd love to see that style of gameplay, updated, with their current art team.

News Comments > Act of Aggression Trailer
5. Re: Act of Aggression Trailer Apr 10, 2015, 15:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 11:54:
I had no idea what this game is, but after reading on their wiki its supposed to be a throwback to Command and Conquer? Looks sort of that way.

Same, never heard of the earlier game, Act of War either, but this looks really good, in a classic C&C way.

Added to the wishlist!

*EDIT* Oh nice, Act of War Gold edition on gog.com, might buy it

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity Beta Patches Apr 10, 2015, 15:12 MoreLuckThanSkill

Stanly Manly wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 13:55:
What level is your barbarian? I tried playing one on path of the damned, and got killed on the second fight where you get ambushed by two bandits, hah!

Right now my main is a Cipher, and I love it. I am dual wielding, melee focused, with awesome spells on top. Don't know how it could get much better. Straight up fighter seems pretty awesome as well, and priest blows away druid and wizard, imho. Everything else is just flavor.

Druid and Wizard get very strong, honestly. It takes a more than a few levels though.

Only classes I am underwhelmed by so far are Paladin and Monk... Paladin auras are fairly low range without a lot of INT, and don't do much compared to Priest/Druid/Wizard/Cipher spells. Fighters are better tanks by far, on top of that. Monks... I feel they may need a fan patch, the whole taking wounds to use abilities isn't great. Still, my monk has just started practically, I may just wait until post patch 1.04 to finish that playthrough.

My Rogue, mostly ranged, some melee Estoc 2h work, is a beast. Even with nerfed Arbalests, he gibs people all the time. His game is pretty much over though, everybody is max level and I'm just finishing up side quests and bounties for the sake of OCD.

More on topic: even the current gog.com patch, v 1.0.3.530, is fully playable the whole way through the game. Steam seems to be ahead by a few hot fixes on top of that, before we even consider this beta 1.04 stuff. I'm looking forward to Steam beta testing the patches before they get to me on gog.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Early Access This Month
7. Re: Killing Floor 2 Early Access This Month Apr 8, 2015, 17:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

DangerDog wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 16:47:
Looks very polished but hoard mode games don't do much for me.

They are definitely an acquired taste, and definitely better with people you know, rather than the random cesspool that public servers can be.

News Comments > Euro Truck Simulator 2 Expansion Next Month
3. Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Expansion Next Month Apr 8, 2015, 17:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha, I'd question why these games are so popular, but I can see the zen-like appeal of just driving around without having to shoot 10,000 zombie nazi cyborgs or whatever every 5 seconds.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Early Access This Month
5. Re: Killing Floor 2 Early Access This Month Apr 8, 2015, 12:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 10:13:
TB video about an hour long with some gameplay

Looks really good, I'm tempted to get the Early Access version. $29.99 feels about right also, I could see buying this at full price for once.

1901 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo