Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2057 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut in October
2. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut in October Jul 30, 2015, 20:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 19:39:
Bummer. I thought it'd be here sooner. That's cutting it kind of close to Fallout's release date.

I'm not complaining really. It's a free update for me.

Between the Director's Cut of Wasteland 2 and Fallout 4, I'm much more interested in W2DC. That game was great in spite of being a buggy mess on release day, it'll be amazing(hopefully!) with the added content and other patches.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2015, 12:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 12:30:
Hurricane Katrina. People had over a WEEK to get the fuck out. With rare exception I honestly people got what they deserved. What killed me living in Florida is people who rebuilt their homes 3 or 4 times after each hurricane, then are on the news complaining how they lost everything AGAIN.

Most of the people who stayed in Katrina were extremely poor, with no physical way to leave, no money to leave, and nowhere to go with nothing to pay for rooms once they got there. That's not even counting those too ill or infirm to leave. Saying they got what they deserved is fucking ridiculous.

Top that off with classic Red Cross bullshit if you read the story, where they were almost turned away from the Astrodome, because they hadn't been in the Superdome first... it had to be completely insane down there.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to "Hate"
11. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's Developer Responds to Jul 29, 2015, 21:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

I played the first FNaF, and was not overly impressed with the game itself, however it was a bit impressive that it was a one man operation back then.

Getting angry for this guy releasing games too quickly to whatever arbitrary measurement somebody has seems ridiculous. If people get sick of them they'll stop buying them, like I did.

News Comments > Dying Light Expansion Announced
13. Re: Dying Light Expansion Announced Jul 29, 2015, 17:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rhett wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 15:09:
But did they ever improve AMD card performance? It ran like shit last time I tried...

My desktop PC is about 4-5 years old, R7970 3gb and i870 2.8ghz, 8gb RAM, SSD; the game ran a bit choppy on max settings until I turned off some of the "Nvidia" options in graphics. Shadows look a bit worse, runs smooth now.

News Comments > Dying Light Expansion Announced
5. Re: Dying Light Expansion Announced Jul 29, 2015, 12:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

I bought Dying Light off of Indiegala during their last sale... it's great so far, although I did get sick of all my weapons breaking and I modded the weapon degradation off.

So far jump kicking zombies, excuse me, infected, off the roof, firebombing large groups and fracturing skulls with blunt objects is still highly entertaining.

I don't know why they limited the max number of repairs in Dying Light... Having to repair all the time was annoying enough in Dead Island, but now your solid steel weapons just break completely after awhile? Intolerable!

Anyway, I will probably get a story based expansion, from what I hear the current DLC is pretty terrible though.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jul 28, 2015, 21:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 19:05:
Lulz! Watch Dogs has been on reseller sites at $2 or less for months now.

$2 ? Ouch. What site are you talking about, g2a.com? I'll buy if it'll be a real key(that doesn't get revoked a week later, etc.)

*EDIT* hrmm, yeah like $3.29 currently for a Uplay key. It must be pretty terrible.

News Comments > Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed
15. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 28, 2015, 21:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

OpticNerve wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 20:52:
After playing Victor Vran, D3/PoE/Grim Dawn's combat system feels so boring and archaic now.

I think VV did a Dark Souls on me in the isometric ARPG genre.

That good, eh? Well if I can get a straight answer on the Gog forums about the DRM aspect I'll pick it up.

News Comments > King's Quest: A Knight to Remember Released
2. Re: King's Quest: A Knight to Remember Released Jul 28, 2015, 21:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

You throw the dagger. You hit the Dragon!

The Dragon dies a gruesome death.

>Get Dagger

You look at the corpse, it's way too gross to put your hand in there.

I'm paraphrasing a bit, but that's what I remember from the first King's Quest... 25+ years ago? It might even have been 30.

News Comments > Kyn Released
1. Re: Kyn Released Jul 28, 2015, 21:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Soo... this game looks pretty good, I'm kind of interested, so who gave in and bought it?

14. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 28, 2015, 20:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

Brumbek wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 20:03:
I hear what you are saying. PoE combat is definitely technically inferior in the sense of animations, timing, smoothness, and reliability. But PoE combat when you get end game is super-fun too. I'm curious if you ever got a good 5-Link attack skill setup? PoE takes 30+ hours of play to get really fun, which is a downside.

About drops, I don't trade either and you can do fine with the drops. You just won't ever have the best Uniques...which is ok. You can still play nearly all end-game content playing self-found.

I have like... 8 characters on PoE, only one of which has been lucky enough to get a halfway decent chest with 5 link. As a drop, which is I guess like winning the lottery in PoE. Everybody else has numerous 4 link pieces, so my guys do okay, I guess. But I can't tolerate games that use ultra-rarity drop systems to try to force trading. D2 had the same issue, but D2 at least had modding, which saved that game for me, long term. PoE, there are items I won't find even if I dump 1000+ hours into the game, which takes the fun out of it for me. Plus, they have some items locked behind the league wall, so I'd also have to start from scratch repeatedly, which I was willing to do a bit early on, but not 3 years later.

On the plus side, they are always working to improve and add to PoE, so I keep my account and check in from time to time to see where they are headed.

2. Re: Diablo III Kanaiís Cube Previewed Jul 28, 2015, 18:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 18:31:
just play path of exile, it's a much better game.

Sigh, I wish you were entirely correct. Path of Exile has a lot of interesting aspects, but the basic core of that game, the combat, is inferior to Diablo 3. I say this as somebody who played PoE from the beta 3 years ago, on and off to the current release. On top of that, drops for single players are way too low, in my opinion. I don't trade, I have no intention of trading, so don't try to force me(or the many people like me) to have to trade, by having shit drops.

The randomized "crafting" of PoE is even worse than Diablo 3's crafting, which shouldn't even be possible.

I play D3 and PoE on and off when I have an ARPG urge, and I'm still mildly interested in patch 2.3 for D3. The latest PoE patch, while huge, was still boring.

Opinions will differ of course, but I think a lot of people feel similar to the way I do; PoE is still lacking.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 27, 2015, 22:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, that is a great video! I wish I had the patience to get into Kerbal Space Program a bit more; I can't see myself putting the kind of hours this guy must have simply to make this video, let alone enough to get really proficient at the game.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming
3. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Game+ Mode Coming Jul 27, 2015, 18:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

ItBurn wrote on Jul 27, 2015, 18:12:
I'm not done with the game yet, but I don't see how the game could be more than an 8/10! I mean some parts are amazing, but there's so many bad decisions and broken things...

Interesting. It's been almost uniformly praised on Bluesnews; your post has given me no small measure of comfort with my decision to wait for some more patches/price drops/GotY releases before I get W3.

News Comments > New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast
18. Re: New DOOM is Fast; Want Co-op? Not So Fast Jul 26, 2015, 19:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Bruce Lee with a shotgun on a skateboard... assuming the QuakeDoneQuick speed run guys are still alive, they should be able to make some insane videos with this new Doom.

Also, coop is overrated in most games.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
2. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 25, 2015, 16:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 25, 2015, 15:06:
Good.

Exactly... I'm sure somebody SOMEWHERE is disappointed, but this is good news for the majority of nostalgic Doom people.

Esports. pfft.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 25, 2015, 15:49 MoreLuckThanSkill

Anybody have any success, or issues, with Indiegala.com ?

Dying Light is on sale there for $28.99; I'm considering buying it, but I'd hate to get stuck with a key that's going to get revoked at some point.

Indiegala seems to be based in Italy also, so there will potentially be some currency conversion charges.

News Comments > Victor Vran Released
22. Re: Victor Vran Released Jul 24, 2015, 18:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fletch wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 17:37:
It's a one-time thing just to get the free bonus items. I don't see the big deal. You have to log into GoG to buy the game, don't you? You have to log into GoG to download the game, don't you? And with Galaxy, you have to log into GoG to install the game, don't you? Why is logging in (once) to receive the bonus items such a big deal?

The main idea behind gog.com was DRM Free games. Galaxy is supposedly optional, I haven't installed it. No games I currently own require Galaxy, not sure if any upcoming games will, I guess I will keep an eye out for that as well.

I've seen people claim it's one login in this forum, although some posts on gog.com seem to indicate people are having to log in every time they try to play.

In the grand scheme of things, obviously it's a minor annoyance, but to me it goes against the basic concept of gog.com. Plenty of other games, even on gog.com, just have another file to download for bonus items or whatever, without requiring another roadblock inside the actual game.

Opinions will differ, of course.

News Comments > Victor Vran Released
14. Re: Victor Vran Released Jul 24, 2015, 14:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Deathbishop wrote on Jul 24, 2015, 13:01:
GoG users are losing their mind because you have to actually log into your GoG account in game to get the exclusive extras.

What the hell, really? Looks like I will be ignoring this game.

News Comments > Witcher Vets Form Fool's Theory; Countdown Underway
1. Re: Witcher Vets Form Fool's Theory; Countdown Underway Jul 23, 2015, 23:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yet another announcement to an announcement, but dammit, it worked, I'm somewhat interested!  

News Comments > PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans
6. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider Plans Jul 23, 2015, 20:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

I will most likely buy this when it hits a decent sale... the reboot was actually pretty good, I thought. Plenty of arrows to the temple, plenty of headshots and insane pickaxe work.

2057 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo