Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 2124 (Senior)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Bookies Peg Tom Hardy as the Next James Bond Sep 3, 2015, 15:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Tom Hardy? Pfft. Idris Elba is the clear choice for the next Bond! If you disagree you have clearly never seen The Wire, Luther, or even Prometheus(shit movie but Elba gave a very good performance). Hell, even his Heimdall was a suave Viking son of a bitch.

Also, Key & Peele owns, but they have apparently had enough of each other for a bit, and are taking a break after this season.

Supposedly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 3, 2015, 15:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Axis wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 10:39:
Started watching Narcos a couple days ago, seems like another solid hit.

Netflix for the most part has been making some outstanding series - I'd pay to just watch those and rent blu-rays.

I saw the banner ad across the top of the Netflix page for that the other day, and I had to chuckle. It's like Netflix is going after even minor demographics now, the Narco Cinema of Mexico in this case. It looks like a halfway interesting show and I'll probably watch it, but I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop, when Netflix starts making Bollywood style movies.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Hero League Multi-Queuing Restrictions Coming
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Hero League Multi-Queuing Restrictions Coming Sep 3, 2015, 15:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Haha, good old Blizzard. Tactical Nuke style changes to fix relatively minor issues has become their defining characteristic.

It probably won't change much overall in terms of popularity, almost my entire friends list of D3/SC players has dropped everything to play Heroes of the Storm; I'm one of the last holdouts(among my Blizzard list) trying to avoid this microtransaction treadmill.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 2, 2015, 22:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

That game doesn't actually look half bad, if it wasn't Yet Another Early Access game, I'd probably buy it for $4.99.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2015, 11:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

LittleMe wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 11:03:
LOL. How convenient that turrizm is a blank check, justifying everything they want.

Basically, it's been this way in the US since 2001. Really before that, but 9/11 REALLY let them go hog wild.

News Comments > Act of Aggression Launch Trailer
3. Re: Act of Aggression Launch Trailer Sep 2, 2015, 01:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

I bought Grey Goo awhile back, on a pretty meager sale, and was not impressed with it at all. It runs pretty poorly, and simply isn't any fun. I am not sure what they could even do to improve it, the factions aren't appealing and the gameplay wasn't anything special. Definitely a wasted opportunity and wasted purchase for me.

That said, Act of Aggression looks pretty sweet, but I'll be waiting for reviews and patches.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Next Month
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Next Month Sep 1, 2015, 22:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, the more I hear about this game the less likely it is I will actually buy it. They keep dropping bombshell disappointments one after another. It'll be a near miracle, and this should have been an instant buy. Oh well, more Pillars of Eternity.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Content Pack
2. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Content Pack Sep 1, 2015, 22:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Excellent, although they seem to be taking their sweet time with this game, I do have faith they will finish it... eventually.

Hopefully their free play time will get them some more fans too, but there is a metric shit-ton of stuff out there to play right now, it'll be a bit of a struggle.

News Comments > WARSHIFT Early Access
7. Re: WARSHIFT Early Access Aug 31, 2015, 18:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, looks really good, in a Battlezone-ish, Supreme Commander-ish way.

One Developer though? I guess we'll be able to play the full version in about 2025.

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
2. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 13:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Popcorn

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
14. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 27, 2015, 22:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Whoops, missed out on the $25 Kickstarter, got in at $30. Divinity Original Sin was great, I have high hopes for D:OS 2 and the Enhanced Edition which is coming out... soon?

I've put in some serious hours(for me) on D3 Patch 2.3, now it's time to start the PoEt replay + expansion. Dual Wield Barb, I suspect.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 27, 2015, 22:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

TangledThorns wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 22:19:
Its August and I think the official spoilers are too much already.

Exactly... I am trying my hardest to avoid ANY spoilers, but they are simply all over the place. I may have to go full Luddite to make it to December without bumping into some film-ruining pics or clips.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
13. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 27, 2015, 22:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Axis wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 18:32:
An Easy Fix For Windows 10 Privacymageddon.

Windows 7.

Somewhat true, but be warned, both Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 got updates the past couple of years that do much of the same Telemetry reporting that Windows 10 does.

Usage Trackers:

KB 2952664
KB 3022345

KB 3021917 (update for Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program [microsoft.com]
KB 3068708 (update for CEIP and telemetry) [microsoft.com]
KB 3080149 (update for CEIP and telemetry) [microsoft.com]
KB 3075249 (telemetry) [microsoft.com]
KB 2990214 (Windows 10 upgrade)

List taken from a couple different forum threads, Slashdot and other places.

Also if you already installed all these(and for some reason cannot uninstall), you can disable the tasks in Task Scheduler:

Application Experience
Autochk
Customer Experience Improvement Program

and probably some others as well.

I'm leaning towards just making a totally separate gaming machine, and a linux machine for non-gaming/everything else.

I have enough comps sitting around at this point.

News Comments > "Do or Die" for Frozenbyte
9. Re: Aug 27, 2015, 16:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, yet another talented development team that's probably going to go bankrupt due to (probable) mismanagement and 1 set of bad reviews for 1 game.

I'll probably buy Trine 3, because Trine 1 and 2 were gorgeous and fun, true works of art. However, now I'm even less inclined to buy Trine 3 soon, due to them admitting the game isn't even complete yet.

News Comments > Dying Light Demo
4. Re: Dying Light Demo Aug 26, 2015, 13:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Overall Dying Light >> Dead Island, but I do miss being able to craft guns ala Dead Island's Electric/Fire Pistols, etc.

Unless my game is bugged, I find rare and legendary guns every so often, but they are all the same stats (not counting 2 Unique pistols) as the rest of the blue guns.

Missed opportunity, Techland!

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
6. Re: Diablo III Patched Aug 25, 2015, 20:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

Some very nice things in this patch, but a few bugs that apparently made it through the entire PTR, were reported multiple times, and yet still weren't fixed. Most annoying one so far in my first few hours, +Pet Damage not being applied to Corpse Spiders and other 'beast' spells. Also, the Mathael Bounty is bugged, you can be spawned into one of his Ice Cloud things during his second phase, and you take damage while your character is out of your control, leading to instant death depending on Torment level.

I do love the Bandit Shrine or whatever it's called, that spawns Goblins, the goblin revamp(Collectors drop Forgotten Souls, etc.), Helltooth seems like a fun set so far, and obviously the Kanai cube is going to be a pretty fun toy.

So far I'm not loving being forced to completely farm Act bounties for Kanai cube materials, but it's acceptable so far.

Quality of life wise, it seems like they could have allowed materials to be pulled from Storage for the Kanai cube, like every other NPC craftsman, but maybe that'll get fixed eventually.

I'm feeling an almost overwhelming urge to Farm bounties continuously until I have every item in the Kanai Cube, so that's probably an indication of good design or at least good Skinner Box design, by Blizzard.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month Aug 25, 2015, 12:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Kxmode wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 11:54:
It might be a jackass move but you have to admit it's pretty cool, not to mention very difficult to pull off.

It's very cool, but the success rate for even great players is probably 1 in 20. Unskilled players never accomplish it and just waste jets, hence all the unmanned jets flying around. Of course it has been a month or so since I've played, so maybe that's calmed down a bit.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2015, 11:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 11:34:
Yes, that's precisely what society needs, psychopaths with flamethrowers. What could possibly go wrong?

Flamethrower

On the plus side, there's already an emoji for it.

Also I assume most drunken idiots with flamethrowers will end up killing themselves and their friends long before they get a chance to do something dangerous in public.

*EDIT* Although I bet that guy riding into the Kangaroo... posse? Armada? Mob? probably wanted one.

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2015, 11:50.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month
10. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month Aug 25, 2015, 11:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

I hate to say it, but this is actually becoming a thing now, in BF4, because of youtube, twitch, etc.

People were doing it occasionally even back in BF1942, but now every jackass is trying it, explaining all the unmanned planes flying off into the wild blue yonder on their own on most servers.

Not sure what you'd call it though, Plane Eject Rocket Kill Jump back in your own Plane-ing?

Variations: Use C4, Sniper rifle to kill enemy pilot, then land in their plane, etc.

Aside from that, I'm somewhat interested in the BF4 night maps, I'll probably start BF4-ing again after I finish Dying Light.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released
8. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released Aug 25, 2015, 11:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Also important to note: if you pre-ordered the expansion through either Kickstarter or later on through the backer portal, it seems you get parts 1 and 2 of the White March.

At least that's what my PoEt account is showing, just redeemed the key on Gog.com, although of course the second part of the expansion isn't done yet.

D3 patch 2.3 and PoEt 2.0 + expansion today, goodbye productivity.

Also some fairly big patches to Darkest Dungeon the past week or so, if I really want to depress myself and question my video game luck.

2124 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo