Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1157 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Apr 23, 2014, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, of all the hundreds of bugs, some of which are game breaking, DICE fixed those 2 minor issues? Better than nothing I suppose.

How about the Death Shield bug, or the unkillable AC-130 on some maps, etc. etc.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Red Orchestra 2 Promotion
3. Re: Free Red Orchestra 2 Promotion Apr 23, 2014, 15:40 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 15:22:
Whoa. Okay, I'll try it.
And, so long as you install it during that 24 hour period, it is free to keep. Permanently!
I wonder though, if I uninstall it, do I lose it?

I clicked on it to install(from the Store page), and it added it to my Library. To be precise, it added for sub games, RoS2, RoS2 Multiplayer, Ros Beta, Rising Storm Beta, I believe.

I didn't actually install the full game, but it gave me a message that the game would now be unlocked and in my library from now on, so, there you go.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 23, 2014, 11:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, I have never really played Eve Online, but I know some people love the shit out of it. I would think CCP games is well funded enough to not have to do these kind of bullshit stunts?

I hope none of them get hurt, I also hope Gunnar Nelson doesn't go so easy on them that he gets hurt. Even in sparring/rolling practice serious injuries can happen pretty easily, especially with complete amateurs who have only been training for "months," according to the article.

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
32. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 15:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

1badmf wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 13:01:

why wouldn't it have party options? are you really that dense you'll just make shit up to hate? it's already been shown in gameplay vids that you'll have a party.

How would anybody be able to tell from that video that there are party options? Do you really need to resort to ad hominem attacks when somebody asks a question? How is that even considered "hate" ? Calm down, madam.

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
11. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 12:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

This looks like I'll be buying it for $9.99 or less... is there even a party anymore, or is it basically a single character game?

I'd watch that gameplay trailer but it requires a login to youtube? bleh.

Also, I am amazed so many people still dislike Origin. It's about as invasive as Steam is, at this point. I only start either of those when I'm actually going to play a game on their services. Plus EA keeps basically giving away games on Origin for nothing. Oh well.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2014, 18:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

That grill is pretty interesting, but I'll wait for the 4 peg version, more room for food.

Also, nutella with honey? Holy sugar overdose, xXBatmanXx! Double Batman/post reference, infinite points!

*EDIT* Typo.

News Comments > Free Battlefield 1942 Redux
3. Re: Free Battlefield 1942 Redux Apr 18, 2014, 19:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah,BF1942, so many great aspects, alongside some horrible game mechanics.

For every awesome kill on an enemy infantrymen with the wing of my plane, or epic tank battle, there were the pixel-aiming Artillery spammers, same-team carrier beachers, tank-theft during repair...ers... you get the idea.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Heartbleed Warning
2. Re: Pillars of Eternity Heartbleed Warning Apr 16, 2014, 14:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 13:05:
I backed it on kickstarter, but i never signed up for an account at their new website. Wonder if i'm gonna have to change my kickstarter password (again).

It's always good to change your passwords after awhile, of course. I haven't gotten any Kickstarter warnings recently, but it's probably time again with this Heartbleed crap.

More importantly though, you WILL need to register an account (and your kickstarter game info) to actually get Pillars of Eternity.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered CE Includes Light-up Ship
17. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 14, 2014, 07:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have no interest in buying the CE, but I will definitely take a look at the bare bones remastered Homeworld versions. Hopefully Gearbox doesn't get too greedy with their pricing, and/or these become Steam sale material.

Homeworld is probably one of my favorite games, all time. Homeworld 2 never really ran correctly on any system I had at the time, never got around to finishing it. The last time I tried to install HW2(in Win XP?) it failed to run as well, so at the very least it'll be nice to have usable copies.

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Graphics
5. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 11, 2014, 19:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 19:35:
Gorgeous engine, but I do echo TheWitcher's concern: what's the game play gonna be like?

Watch Dogs gameplay: use your magic phone to take control of basically any machine in the city. Then perhaps shoot some guys and drive around.

This will be awesome fun at first, then get boring pretty quick, I suspect.

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying Watch Dogs, but probably not until it's under 10 bucks.

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
9. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 12:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh... when is the zombie craze going to end? When is the multiplayer survival pk fest going to end? You would think people would be sick of both by now.

Even if you are in the mood for a zombie game, you probably aren't going to enjoy asshats burning down your structures 24 hours a day, for no reason other than to spam WTFLOLBBQ or whatever in chat.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 9, 2014, 18:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

That's yet another cancelled Star Wars game that looked pretty good, potentially awesome. What's up with that? This video is perfect timing for me too, I've been binging on Star Wars: Clone Wars on Netflix the past few weeks, rewatching the film series now, and reading the Heir to the Empire series. Nerd level, nearing maximum.

Darth Maul vs Mandalorians, I would have played it.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 8, 2014, 14:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:13:
That's seriously effing impressive. I wonder how much Patjitnov has actually made on it.

I was about to say zero, but then I looked it up, and Patjitnov is actually involved in some way in the "Tetris Company" that Hank Rogers runs, and publishes various versions of Tetris in the US.

I assume it's a shitty deal, but probably more than enough to live comfortably on.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
24. Re: Twice the services, twice the fun? Apr 8, 2014, 14:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Alamar wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 13:53:
ColBlister wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 13:33:
The cool thing is that for games you buy on Steam that require Uplay, it doesn't matter which service you launch the game from, it will also launch the other service. Twice the waiting, twice the updates, twice the fun!

The new Might and Magic is the only UPlay game I have that's on steam, and steam updates it, then when I launch it, UPlay shows up, in the background... And there's no noticeable delay... I actually didn't know UPlay was there until I exited the game.

-Alamar

Hrm, I must be unlucky with Uplay, I have that same game, and various issues with Uplay (had the game from a Steam coupon) made me uninstall it. Of course Far Cry 3 had the same system, and it was tolerable for me.

Regardless, Uplay will make me wait until Watchdogs is in the bargain bin before I buy it.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
23. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 5, 2014, 10:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 5, 2014, 00:14:
Found a shitty, low-rolled Maximus today on my Crusader.

Pretty much beat the game.

Haha, yes, the fire chains from Maximus do some pretty ridiculous damage, at a very high tic rate. I hope it isn't nerfed, my crusader is loving his.

RNG is RNG of course, but my drops seem to be much worse this weekend, to coincide with this nice experience boost.

News Comments > Daylight Delayed for Scariness
9. Re: Daylight Delayed for Scariness Apr 3, 2014, 14:44 MoreLuckThanSkill

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 12:49:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 09:56:
I get this, Deadlight, and Dying Light mixed up. Let's get some zombie "horror" games that start with the letter J or something to that effect.

And I thought I was the only one wondering where the zombies went....

Very confusing naming going on with those 3 games.

That's at least two people confused, let the lawsuits begin.

News Comments > Michael Abrash Joins Oculus
11. Re: Michael Abrash Joins Oculus Mar 28, 2014, 15:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

"Please log in to your Facebook account to use your Oculus goggles!"

This will end poorly, I suspect.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
6. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Mar 27, 2014, 21:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks like it'll definitely be worth the $9.99 or less I pay for it when it finally goes on sale, gg Uplay.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined
35. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 26, 2014, 15:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

I'm playing my Crusader now, on Expert. I am only at Paragon 85, but I did use my points... Crusader seems great in the early levels.

Maybe the crusaders taper off in power in the 60-70 range, but it seems like a solid class so far (15? Expert level, could probably do Master or possibly Torment really without slowing down a ton).

Also, nerf wizards. j/k. My Barb was lucky to finish Act 5 with 270k dps, my drop luck in D3 continues to be horrible.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined
31. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launches; Future Plans Outlined Mar 26, 2014, 05:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Krovven wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 01:11:
I hit lvl 70 this afternoon in Path of the Drowned (Blood Marshes) and still playing Torment 1 as a Wiz. I'll keep it on T1 until I simply can't progress without dying repeatedly. It's only been mini-bosses giving me a tough time. Elites/Champs and Rare mobs have not been an issue.

I gave up Torment 1 at the second or third miniboss, then dropped from Master down to Expert at the somewhat interesting miniboss(close quarters!) and finished the game at Expert. My gear did get better though, I was just doing Adventure Mode on Master and one shotting people (Barbarian still), so it may be time to bump it back up to Torment 1. Game just crashed to desktop from a Rift.

Solo, level 70, Torment 1, mini-boss hp: 545million, I was unable to dodge long enough to kill her. Defeated.

1157 Comments. 58 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo