Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1300 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 27, 2014, 22:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 22:10:
Ok here is my problem....
People make threats against you and your family members. You blog it first THEN contact the police?!? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!? Get your fucking priorities straight!

That's the social media culture for you. See an emergency in the street? Film it on your cell phone, then put it on youtube! Somebody else will surely do something about it...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 27, 2014, 21:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

I don't really follow the popular critic side of gaming, or whatever you call this, but really, all of humanity needs to stop using Facebook/Twitter/New Social Media Thing immediately.

Nothing good comes from putting your real face/name on the internet. I finally registered on bluesnews after about 12+ years of anonymous reading

Also, regarding Joss Whedon, how in the hell does a giant prison for supernatural killer creatures have a big red button that releases all of said creatures into the building!? (Cabin the Woods) I dislocated my shoulder, throwing my arms up in the air so hard.

News Comments > Last Chance at Some GOG.com Games
4. Re: Last Chance at Some GOG.com Games Aug 27, 2014, 21:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Most likely whatever license agreement they originally had for these mostly European games expired, and the parent companies have made it too expensive to renew, or they have collapsed and sold off the rights, or the rights are in limbo, etc. etc.

Similar to Steam dropping Deadpool and other games. Licensing mummery strikes again.

Also there appears to be some issue with some publishers regarding gog.com's new Regional pricing/local currency scheme.

*EDIT* As Whiskers says below.

On the plus side 5 days is a decent amount of time to pick through these titles if you don't already own what you want already.

News Comments > GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming
17. Re: GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming Aug 27, 2014, 17:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh, gog.com, you silly fools. I hope this turns out for the best but you probably just got yourself targeted by a dark cabal of MPAA monsters who never rarely come up from their subterranean lair, except to destroy websites that might threaten their empire.

Also, one would think the current selection of films should be WAY cheaper... ?

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
6. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 26, 2014, 21:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

Brumbek wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 21:49:
Just for reference, I jumped in and did two Greed's Domain runs. I went from 4 million gold to 62 million. 62 million! This is out of control.

For reference, I only played Torment 2 (400% more gold) with my decent Lvl 70 Wizard. If you want to know how to get to Greed's Domain fastest, simply go to Halls of Agony Level 2 and find the guaranteed Goblin spawn somewhere on that floor. With the temporary boost, you always get 2 Goblins to spawn and it seems to take 10-20 Goblins to spawn a portal.

Anyway...totally crazy how much gold you get. Patch 2.1 is good overall...although I wish I could just do Greater Rifts whenever I wanted and be able to pick the difficulty.

Well, it's not like gold is really useful anymore, it's more of a hindrance than anything, for crafting/repairs/gems.

Also, login wait time when I tried to get on Battlenet, I guess everybody is trying to get a look at the patch tonight.

*EDIT* Hrm yeah can't even connect now. Oh well, I'll try later in the week.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Today - First Season Begins Friday
5. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 13:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah, "this post" link in the corner my bad.

Also, figures blizzard would just make the old versions worthless.

"-Upgradeable Legendary Gems added as a drop from G-Rift Bosses. Once you have one it will not drop again."

Wtf? Once again, Blizzard seems to think people play only one character. Considering it costs 10 million+ to de-socket a gem this seems like a huge mistake, oh well.

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
37. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 26, 2014, 13:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Frijoles wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 23:56:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 21:37:
What would you even do with almost a billion dollars?

Two chicks at the same time, man.

Not a terrible idea, but I know for a fact that costs significantly less than a billion dollars, and depending on location/quality, may be had for free.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Today - First Season Begins Friday
2. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 13:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I'll have to check out what actually made it into the patch, but I'm still leaning towards not bothering to play Seasons or any of that crap at all.

Also, are old legendaries that got new powers, ie. Depth Diggers, supposed to be patched, or only new dropped versions?

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
24. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 21:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Rofl, 970 million. The human race is insane.

What would you even do with almost a billion dollars? Besides pay (assuming you don't abuse some insane loopholes) a lot of taxes. That almost defeats the purpose of most human existence.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 25, 2014, 21:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, I admit I've not been paying a ton of attention to Elite:Dangerous coverage, but I watched that video... that game looks like it is going to be amazing!

Yet another game to add to the digital pile.

*EDIT* What the shit? The beta is $75.00 ? I assume the retail price will be less, and this is to discourage people or something?

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2014, 21:33.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2014, 07:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 23:12:

No beer, no TV make Homer something something....

"...go crazy?" -Marge

"Don't mind if I do! Eeeepajieebablaghsdsbdsds." - Homer (approximate quote)

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Aug 24, 2014, 23:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow... I did not remember the controls were THIS bad, hehe.

Nearly unplayable, I'll have to fiddle around with them some.

You win again, Nostalgia!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 24, 2014, 15:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

[Disparaging Remarks against various games for personal opinions!]

[Mild Praise for one or two games on the list.]

[Open ended sarcastic suggestions that humanity stop purchasing certain games.]

News Comments > Saturday Previews
14. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 24, 2014, 07:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jerykk wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 05:35:
*shrug*

I liked AP. The ranged combat was pretty lackluster but using a stealth + melee build was a lot of fun. AP also had the best implementation of choice & consequence I've seen yet. Almost every choice you make has some sort of tangible gameplay impact. The dialogue system was interesting as well, placing a great emphasis on reading your opponents, figuring out their personality type and telling them what they want to hear.

Same, AP was a pretty good game and whatever version I played back in the day was patched enough to not be an issue, bug wise. I did a stealth/zero kill run through, not counting maybe 1 or 2 cinematic kills, if I remember correctly.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Aug 23, 2014, 14:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 20:45:
That GOG sale has some classic stuff.

Yeah, I already own more than a few of those titles, and I'm tempted to pick up the Crusader games(No Remorse, No Regret) finally. I loved those back in the day. I keep hearing that the controls are terrible though in these versions, hrm. *coin flip*

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 23, 2014, 14:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 14:32:
I don't limit myself to one platform or allegiance.

So. You are one of those heretics.

Joking aside, I own a PS3 also, but I can't tolerate shooters on a gamepad. Mouse/KB is way too ingrained in my muscle memory now after decades of gameplay. Hopefully Destiny makes its way to PC at some point.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 23, 2014, 14:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

God, so glad Pillars of Eternity is getting close to retail release, but FOR THE LOVE OF ODIN, get a real editor on that article, RPGWatch!

"unusuable appearance" ? Surely the author meant to say "unusual" and just ran a simple spell checker over the article.

Personal OCD attack aside, game sounds great, I cannot wait to play it.

ps. also, "being an even bigger thread" *threat* ... Dammit. Painful to read. Some excuse given if English is not the author's first language, but still.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 23, 2014, 14:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 13:38:
Destiny Has Gone Gold, Ready to Launch September 9.

I am SO ready...can't come soon enough.

Isn't this game... console only ? Ew.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released
15. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released Aug 22, 2014, 03:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

InBlack wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 03:10:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 22:19:
...crafting still seems horrible, still forces people to be merchants/traders more than adventurers.

This is a good thing.

Yeah, you and apparently many other people like sitting around trading for hours or days, that's not for me. I'd rather be able to actually play the game and find items/materials for crafting(although crafting should be a distant second), but the extreme randomness of the crafting drops make it a waste compared to using them as currency.

PoE developers showing their DJSP roots, unfortunately.

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released
12. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Released Aug 21, 2014, 22:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Downloaded the patch, tried to play a little... their servers are still crappy, it seems. Desync and disconnect often enough that it makes attempting to play pointless during any sort of "regular" hours.

Passive changes seem pretty good, crafting still seems horrible, still forces people to be merchants/traders more than adventurers.

1300 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo