Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1424 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 22, 2014, 22:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Translation: Google brings back dongles from the 1980s/90s.

That said, this is probably what the world is moving towards, because people can't seem to:
A) use decent passwords
B) not use those passwords across multiple sites
C) not share those passwords or just get keyloggers etc. installed on their comps via various methods.

Oh well, in another 5 years most people will have like 5-10 dongles on their keychains.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: Adobe Oct 22, 2014, 14:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

Corporations back away from stupid public statements made by an employee, news at 11.

Also, people have sex, news at 11.

This non-story just keeps taking up more and more space on bluesnews, ridiculous.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 22, 2014, 12:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

Uh oh, better start getting offended!

Also, clearly this guy missed out on the much more controversial(to a wider audience) plot, male protagonist rescues the male prince, they live happily ever after.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 22, 2014, 12:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, the Simpsons people have no choice but to fight this the entire way, otherwise they will have to start paying out to every celebrity/film character they do a parody of.

Of course that is the easy ironclad defense, parody. Unless that has been taken out of the US laws at some point by the copyright organizations, MPAA/RIAA etc.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 20, 2014, 23:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 16:39:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 15:42:
No wonder it was canned.

Still EXTREMELY worried about the upcoming Dice version. If BF4 is any indication, it's something I won't be buying. Which will suck.

Well, it's going to go down like this: Star Wars: Battlefront will be insanely gorgeous, DICE will make some truly epic in game videos like they always do, many, many people will buy it, hoping it won't be too buggy, but it of course it will be buggy, and imbalanced for at least a year, with presold DLC bringing the total price of the 'whole' game up to around $110 or so. (apologies for the run on sentence)

I will probably STILL buy it, knowing all of this, because as bad as BF4 can be, it can also be so amazingly good. This last balance patch works out well for me, since I am a mostly headshot aimer with almost every gun, and I live that much longer vs. bodyshot players. Tanks/APCs/MAA/Scout helos are all still murder machines for me, and I'm starting to branch out into using the jets more and more. In spite of the issues with BF4 problem, it is going to end up being my most played Battlefield game since BF1942, at this rate.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced
12. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Announced Oct 20, 2014, 22:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

This just became a "wait for the GotY version" game, preferably for $10 or less.

News Comments > Door Kickers Released
4. Re: Door Kickers Released Oct 20, 2014, 22:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

NKD wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 21:59:
Oh well, open and shut case Johnson. Let's sprinkle some crack on him and get out of here.

Rofl, classic Chappelle.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
17. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Oct 20, 2014, 12:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game actually looks pretty interesting, if I put aside my general dislike for the CoD franchise and most of its player base for a second.

As others have said, it's ironic they are slowly moving back to Quake 3 style gameplay, considering the engine origins, but hey, Quake 3 was amazing back in the day.

I don't have the reflexes for that anymore most likely, but I may buy this when it hits the $10 or less mark. Rocket jumping(sort of) mechanized infantry can make any game more appealing.

Also, digitized evil Kevin Spacey can only be a plus.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2014, 12:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 11:27:

And whilst I'm not a big anime fan I do love GitS. And ScarJo is completely wrong for it. Someone like Kate Beckinsale would be better.

Ghost in the Shell, all the various versions of it, are awesome. Both of those actresses are talented and attractive, but neither should be chosen for the role, as they are both white, and not really physically built for it anyway. I don't know who they could find that I honestly wouldn't object to at least a little though, those kind of characters get burned into my mind in a certain image/voice/etc. and few actual people can do them justice.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
43. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 19, 2014, 21:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

1) Stereotypes are bad.

2) Stop using Twitter.

3) Other people committing stupid actions or crimes don't validate your stupid actions or crimes.

4) The dead horse is no longer even recognizable, it's a thin red paste.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 19, 2014, 21:20 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 19, 2014, 20:09:
Just beat The Evil Within on survival, that's my goty so far. With the widescreen fix the game looks fantastic, so many varied environments and strong art design throughout the entire game.

Also, after beating the Evil Within I have a strong desire to replay it sort of like I did with Dead Space 2. Beating the game unlocks 2 higher difficulties, new weapons and new game+. The collectibles also unlock new weapons for future playthroughs which is something meaningful unlike the majority of other game collectibles.

Hrm, excellent. I'm a fan of the classic Resident Evil games, and Dead Space 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, so that's high praise to me. I'll have to check TEW out.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Fist of Jesus
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Fist of Jesus Oct 17, 2014, 20:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am reasonably sure this film is still on Youtube and various other sources, I highly recommend viewing it, for any serious religious scholar.

News Comments > Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released
9. Re: Trine Series Sells 7M; Editors Released Oct 16, 2014, 22:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy fuck, 7 million? Congratulations! I own both Trine games, and like others have said, I definitely didn't pay full price. Humble Bundles/Steam sales, etc. Still, that's a wide audience. Anything from Frozenbyte is at least going to get a look from me and most of the PC gamers I know.

ps. Using gamers in the literal sense, as in people who play games.

News Comments > etc.
73. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 22:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugh. Any chance for meaningful discussion is long gone. Any chance for anything Gamersgate related to result in something positive is long gone.

At this point if you are still supporting Gamersgate, stop. Your 'movement' has been taken over by radicals.

Even the posts on bluesnews are getting ridiculous...since when do the police and FBI NOT make mistakes? If somebody threatened to shoot you and MANY other people, if you showed up somewhere on a given day, you'd show up anyway? Really? Rofl. Even if you were a very brave person hopefully you wouldn't put other people's lives at risk(potentially or not) to prove how tough/brave you think you are.

Take a step back and realize how ridiculous this has all gotten.

News Comments > Dreadnaught Trailer
7. Re: Dreadnaught Trailer Oct 16, 2014, 22:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 21:46:
Unfortunately, as I understand it, this game is F2P, online-only, multiplayer only. So, it's off my list. If it had a nice offline single player campaign, or coop vs. bots, I'd shell out cash since it looks like fun.

Really? Shiiiiit. There goes my enthusiasm for these giant ship battles.

News Comments > Hatred Announced
10. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 16, 2014, 22:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks like a stupidly designed game intended to be targeted by anti-video game violence movements, and they'll be right in this case.

Aside from the obvious baiting attempt, this game comes across more than a little racist/sexist too, almost every 'execution' was a black man or a woman.

All that said, Postal did this years ago, twice. In worse engines, of course.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Videos
15. Re: Far Cry 4 Videos Oct 15, 2014, 13:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, weird; I played through Blood Dragon and Far Cry 3 entirely(all achievements etc.) and I thought FC3 was more enjoyable. It may have been the 80s neon colors giving me a headache though in Blood Dragon.

Definitely a series with repetitious gameplay, although what game doesn't have some repetition somewhere? Go here, kill this outpost. Go here, hunt these animals. Repeat, but as long as I enjoy the actual mechanics, I don't mind these type of games at 10 bucks or less.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
6. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 15, 2014, 00:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Drayth wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 00:18:
https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

When that site opens you can log in, run through a retelling of the story of the first 2 games, make decisions along the way, and it'll allow you to import the decisions into DA3's game like bringing over a save from one Mass Effect to another.

Ah thanks! I've been through a couple HDs/SSDs since DA:O anyway, I'd be hard pressed to find those saves as it is.

News Comments > The Evil Within Released
19. Re: The Evil Within Released Oct 14, 2014, 21:37 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yet another game that looks just good enough to go in my $9.99 or less Steam list, especially after a couple official and unofficial patches.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Oct 14, 2014, 21:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Yet another game with a very interesting looking trailer, dammit.

Does this mean I'll have to finally force myself to buy and play through DA2 to know what's going on in this game? Dammit part 2.

Clearly this guy is magical, as he somehow doesn't stab himself in the neck or chest with the bottom of that helmet every time he moves his head.

1424 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo