Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1466 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
37. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 30, 2014, 13:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 19:38:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 13:04:
I can't even remember how I got through it, way back when on the floppy/CD version... I don't remember the controls being this rough.

You were younger then, and free.

But always, in my heart, I was Huron! Wait, wrong movie.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 30, 2014, 13:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

That woman looks like she took a pretty good shot from the metal bar at the bottom of the gate, hard to tell if it was to the chest/arm or straight to the face though. Definitely unpleasant, but probably not too serious as she's walking around shortly after.

I hope the driver was extremely drunk or high... the only way to explain how stupid this entire event was.

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 13:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Another day, yet another Gamergate tidbit. Once again, nothing of note has occurred, nothing is resolved, and no useful discussion will take place, anywhere.

Congratulations, internet!

Obligatory: xkcd

PS. for people who don't seem to know, Colbert is on comedy network. His show is satire. Although he interviews real people, he interviews them as his right wing character almost exclusively(I think he's done what, 2 as himself?). You might as well get mad at an article from the Onion.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
4. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 13:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Pillars of Eternity, Torment:Tides of Numenera. The money has been thrown at you, please turn out to be well done, (relatively) bug free games!

Also, Grim Dawn, please be finished in my lifetime, thanks.

Thus concludes the Kickstarter prayer.

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
14. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 13:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

I bought the Crusader games awhile back on gog.com during their last sale.. the gog version suffers from the original control issues, aka terribly implemented keyboard+mouse setup.

I'm sure the Origin version is about the same, but I'll download and check it out later. The controls can only improve at this point.

I can't even remember how I got through it, way back when on the floppy/CD version... I don't remember the controls being this rough.

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Beta
22. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 29, 2014, 04:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 03:23:
For something that won't break the bank, but should provide you with all the control you need for a good experience, I recommend the Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS. One thing that's not evident from Amazon's photos is that the throttle and stick separate into two separate units if you want them further apart. I haven't gotten E:D yet, but Halfelf has, and he just got one of these sticks, so you might want to check with him.

Hrm thanks, that doesn't even seem too crazy, price wise, at 45 bucks. Although I thought all the good HoTaS setups were like $200 ?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Daedalus - No Escape
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Daedalus - No Escape Oct 29, 2014, 00:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Inspired by Quake 3? a top down shooter? Of course they are probably referring to the space marine bit, but this game does bring back fond memories of Robotron and Smash TV. 11 bucks, I may buy it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
13. Re: etc., etc. Oct 28, 2014, 23:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

A picture is worth a thousand words, but what about pictures WITH words?! Mind = Blown.

chainsawsuit.com

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Oct 28, 2014, 23:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

I... I think I actually want to buy Spintires... oh my god, I've become an old person, interested in SIMULATION games!! Nooooooo!

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Beta
15. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 28, 2014, 23:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dacron wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 22:55:
It does. And your solo game is the same for multiplayer and vice versa, so your gains apply to both modes. When you choose solo you will not have PvP or any other player encounters but can play the game fully. I play it solo mostly because I'm terrible at dog fighting. If you buy a new ship, upgrade it in solo play, it will be the ship you fly in multiplayer, with same credits as solo.

That's great news, excellent design decision by those guys.

I will get this eventually, although I'm going to have to break down and buy a halfway decent joystick/throttle combo at some point.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015
15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015 Oct 28, 2014, 23:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Pfft. So much negativity for something that's over a year away, and will have been worked on, by that point, for almost 4 years.

It'll be a great game...eventually. I know most people here have given up on BF4, but it's playable now, and actually very enjoyable. A year's worth of patches of course, but they are actively working on improving the game with the CTE, can't really ask for much more at this point. Just realize the Frostbite engine is never going to lead to a 100-tic Counterstrike-like experience and you'll be much better off.

I am under no illusions about how buggy Battlefront could be on release, but still, I'm looking forward to running somebody over with a Tauntaun. Or an Imperial Walker. or just seeing a nice 64 player battle with the classic SW laser colors and sound effects... *drool*

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless Oct 28, 2014, 02:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

I gave in and bought it, played through 2 sessions... even on easy it seems very easy to get everybody killed/your crystal destroyed. Defenses are needed, but the enemies can also just run the hell past them unless I'm missing something. Also there seems to be no way to close doors?

In spite of that, seems pretty interesting, nice music too, although yes, they have the retro/fake 8bit graphics, or at least full pixel graphics if you want to call them that. I'm not minding the art so far, it actually looks pretty good if you can get by the blockiness.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 27, 2014, 22:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Clearly I'm on the other side of this equation, I still buy physical books(screw Kindles), and occasionally CDs/blu rays. Although I do have Netflix, I like making my own mp3s(OCD kicking in), and I'll buy a blu ray every now and then for anything I know I'll watch a dozen times, ie. Aliens, Terminator, etc.

Also there is so much else on Amazon, in terms of physical items, that this article seems a bit off base... they still had 5% GROWTH, no decline as of yet. Anytime I want to buy PC hardware, filters for an Air Conditioner, whatever, I check amazon and price compare vs Newegg, etc. and Amazon usually has competitive prices plus the whole free shipping thing.

Buying movies and CDs is definitely on the decline, which is great for me at least; I am able to pick those up for like 4-5 bucks usually on some Amazon sale.

*EDIT* Typo.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2014, 23:10.

5. Re: Into the Black Oct 27, 2014, 22:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 27, 2014, 21:53:
His face bothers me by all the weird looks he can make. It got downright hilarious with some of the faces he made in Star Trek.

The best physical description of Benedict Cumberbatch ever: "face like a sexy fish" - one of the authors on Cracked.com

It made me chuckle, I'm ashamed to say. But he definitely got more than his share of cheek bone.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 27, 2014, 21:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, that Black Hat Keynoter article... now those are some truly intelligent hackers. Script kiddies need not apply when you're using lasers and drones to hack a network through a scanner/printer.  

2. Re: Into the Black Oct 27, 2014, 21:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy FUCK. This could be so awesome... although it all depends on which version of Dr. Strange they go with, aka classic 80s style, or modern Illuminati version. Unfortunately it'll probably be the latter. Still, it could be great.

Here's hoping they cast Jason Scott Lee as Wong. Donnie Yen would work too, but his English isn't great. Ugh, another Marvel movie I'm required to see.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dungeon of the Endless Oct 27, 2014, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, I've been watching this one for a few months; it looks great, and for the regular price of 13 bucks I'll probably just give in and buy it.

Although I can't remember the last time I actually successfully finished one of these rogue-like games, usually I just end up leaving piles of my corpses around.

*EDIT* Grammar.

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com?
19. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com? Oct 27, 2014, 21:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, the graphics were pretty terrible, but I'll probably STILL buy those games and play through them again; it's been like 20 years. *sheds tear*

For that matter, I think I missed out on whatever enhanced versions were floating around, so that'll be a step up at least.

Although, nothing but rumors so far that it's LucasArts... watch it be somebody else entirely.

News Comments > etc.
39. Re: etc. Oct 27, 2014, 08:18 MoreLuckThanSkill

chainsawsuit.com  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 26, 2014, 12:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

That's an extremely interesting article by Assange. Too bad everyone on here is burning all their energy on Gamergate.

1466 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo