Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1598 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light Interactive Trailer
6. Re: Dying Light Interactive Trailer Dec 18, 2014, 00:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Still looking good, still feel as though I'll wait for this to go on sale before I buy it. I wonder if this will get gun heavy towards the latter parts of the game like Dead Island did? That's not necessarily bad, of course, I thought the gunplay in DI was ok, but they only show melee in these trailers so far.

Steam Sale should be starting in a few hours, right?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > bitComposer Insolvent
2. Re: bitComposer Insolvent Dec 16, 2014, 18:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, Jagged Alliance:Back in Action and Crossfire, Shadowrun Returns, as far as publishing goes, I believe.

Hrm looking at their web page, they actually were involved in a fair number of games, hopefully this turns out well.

Link

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
3. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 15, 2014, 21:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, it's Postal with a better engine, but the real problem is the neo-nazi, anti-minority, anti-muslim, anti-homosexual beliefs some of their studio members apparently support. With that kind of presence on social media these days, Valve and other large companies will avoid their game.

News Comments > Hatred Greenlight Campaign
10. Re: Hatred Greenlight Campaign Dec 15, 2014, 16:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

I have no interest in getting this game, but I admit I am mildly interested in seeing how their strategy of continual negative press translates into sales, especially if they are unable to get their game onto Steam.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2014, 11:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the hell? Unless something changed, why are people BUYING Dungeon Defenders 2? Isn't that game going to be Free to Play on release still? The 19.99 is just for beta access + developer support, as far as I understand it.

Stop buying Betas, humanity.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
3. Re: oh yeh? Dec 13, 2014, 20:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Parkour, plus jump kicking people/zombies in the face, some crafting, some shooting; it's Dead Island 1.5 of course. The Day/Night gameplay changes sound pretty good too.

I finished Dead Island and enjoyed it a lot, so I'm pretty much sold on this game at sale price, debating buying it for close to full price around release day.

News Comments > Path of Exile PvP Update
5. Re: Path of Exile PvP Update Dec 13, 2014, 14:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 12:31:

Have you played it recently? I played it a month ago and had no issues, unlike the beta where I was frequently disconnected.

Well, some of the problems were definitely on my end, I had *ISP REDACTED* out here a month or so ago, and they replaced all the connectors and such between my house and the street, my connection has been arguably rock solid since then. Previously it was unplayable in almost all online games.

I'll give Path of Exile another go eventually, especially since I saw they gave free respecs again with this patch... some of my guys definitely have some less than optimal setups.

If the drops are still as terrible in solo play however, I don't think I'll play long... PoE drops make D3 ultra-rares seem almost common, at least for me.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2014, 11:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

"The Narcissistic Goose" - That appears to be a duck, engaged in a territorial display with its reflection. Intelligence test failed, although most birds aside from crows are unable to figure out reflections from what I recall.

"Star Wars: TIE Fighter accident" - nice TIE Fighter, but then they added 2 stormtroopers, not TIE pilots. Sacrilege!

OCD sated, briefly.

News Comments > Path of Exile PvP Update
2. Re: Path of Exile PvP Update Dec 13, 2014, 11:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, somewhat interesting, although PoE's disconnects and desyncs were so bad I don't know if I want to bother going back to try it. I can only imagine the amount of teleporting and lag-instakills that'll be going on.

That said, I haven't played PoE in months, maybe it has improved a bit.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Dec 12, 2014, 20:01 MoreLuckThanSkill

Some interesting art here, but a lot of these have already been covered in DC Elseworlds, and other spinoff or otherwise non-main continuity stories. Comic nerd background, engaged.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week
2. Re: Steam Holiday Auction  Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week Dec 11, 2014, 21:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah Steam, it went from a DRM/online store to some sort of meta-game cash fountain for Valve. Of course I say this having bought literally 100+ games on various sales... you win, Gabe.

News Comments > Scrolls Launch Today
31. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 17:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, well I'm going to have to check this out, I think. I have spent way too much time playing MtG in real and virtual format, (MWS!) to not even try this for 5 bucks.

Yet another game to add to the queue!

News Comments > World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 & Demo Released
1. Re: World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 & Demo Released Dec 10, 2014, 12:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

ho ho ho, "grappling with a decision."

I was intrigued, then I realized it was yet another spreadsheet game, and lost all interest. An 8 player MMA game with actual fighting could be very interesting, sadly that is NOT this game.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
59. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 21:26 MoreLuckThanSkill

Allow me to sincerely thank the early adopters... I'm looking forward to getting this in a year or so, at this rate. That'll give me some time to work the queue down, and of course add to it during a couple Steam sales.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Killing the Password Dec 9, 2014, 21:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Aww, how cute, they're bringing back Dongles.

News Comments > Dying Light Opening Cinematic
3. Re: Dying Light Opening Cinematic Dec 9, 2014, 21:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the shit? I'm really looking forward to this game, but that's a pretty crappy opening cinematic.  

News Comments > More BF4 DLC Planned
2. Re: More BF4 DLC Planned Dec 9, 2014, 21:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I'm all for it if they are releasing it for free. If they don't, they're really screwing people over who bought premium near release day, like myself, who basically paid a hefty sum to beta test their game.  

News Comments > inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren
11. Re: inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren Dec 8, 2014, 15:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:49:
Well there was a fair amount of work done on VB so if they managed to snag the actual assets it would put them pretty far along the development track. And why wouldn't they do another post-apocalypse game? It's not like it wouldn't sell. And I think people would be more familiar and more into a Fallout style setting than Wasteland.

Ugh, I'd probably still play it, but I think I'm getting apocalypse'd out. Pretty soon we're going to have a Wasteland series, a Fallout series, an ever growing pile of apocalyptic survival games, any number of zombie apocalypse games, you name it. Surely there's one possible future out there that can be turned into a game, where humanity isn't sifting through the radioactive rubble?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2014, 15:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

What the... surely there is no one left, on the PLANET, that doesn't have Skyrim?!?

It also seems weird that Wolfenstein isn't on there at all, with it being under 20 bucks the past couple of days. I know I gave in and bought it.

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
34. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 11:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 06:17:

DA:I is the best thing that happened in the entire gaming industry, man. It's huge in scope, it looks beautiful, it's immersive. Romance is taken to a whole new level, too. There's insane much ground to explore -- truly the scope of a damn MMO!

Wow, it's great that this game made that much of an impression on you... looking forward to a couple patches and a price drop before I buy it though.

1598 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo