Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pure Luck

Real Name Pure Luck   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MoreLuckThanSkill
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description More Luck Than Skill.
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 31, 2009, 18:40
Total Comments 1545 (Pro)
User ID 54863

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 20, 2014, 15:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

How annoying, I thought this was going to be an article about Thresh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 20, 2014, 15:23 MoreLuckThanSkill

Almost 10% on just upstream? You go, Netflix!

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Blood Sport- The Ultimate in Immersive Gaming by Brand & Grotesque Kickstarter Nov 20, 2014, 15:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Blood Sport... the day everybody realized Kickstarter had finally jumped the shark.

While donating blood is good, this sort of device will only lead to some horrible mishap, either via somebody getting a blood borne disease via unclean needles, or some idiot passing out from blood loss, etc.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's "Biggest Entertainment Launch"; Series Tops $10B
16. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 20, 2014, 13:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

Advanced Warfare may have been screwed with PC users because of the lack of dedicated servers, but still, 10 BILLION dollars from this franchise? Activision is never going to lose that cash boner in our lifetimes.

Expect yearly entries into CoD and the various spinoffs every year, regardless of nuclear apocalypse, global flooding or whatever other paltry events might foolishly try to interrupt the cycle.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
38. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 09:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

All this Dragon Age talk gave me the urge to reinstall DA:Origins and run through it again, so I went to Steam to install it... couldn't find it anywhere. *flabbergasted*

Then I remembered, that game is old enough to have fallen into my "Bought it on DVD/CD, because fuck Steam!" paranoia days.

Now of course I miss the convenience; hopefully my DVDs haven't walked off somewhere by the time I get home from work.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 17, 2014, 20:55 MoreLuckThanSkill

Gorgeous little video... I am extremely backlogged gamewise though, so they have at least 6months to a year to iron out bugs and camera issues before I jump on the bandwagon.

Where are the Early adopters though? Creston?

*EDIT* Also scanning the other threads on this, I may wait a bit longer than normal, if this Denuovo DRM or whatever is thrashing SSDs. Sounds like a 1 year plus situation.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer
2. Re: Far Cry 4 Season Pass Trailer Nov 17, 2014, 20:38 MoreLuckThanSkill

Task wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 20:22:
A trailer for cut content. Now you pay for it.

Like most of the "AAA" games these days... looking forward to the GotY version when it hits $10 or less.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
176. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 00:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 00:16:
This thread is reaching GamerGate lengths.

Yeah... did not see this coming.

It'll be alright, everybody, either the game will be ruined or it won't, deep breaths, deep breaths!

News Comments > Sunday Patches
4. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 16, 2014, 16:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I played through all the content a few months back, and was pleased. Now I'm trying to hold off, so I don't get completely sick of the mechanics before the full games comes out, but it seems like it might literally take them another 2 years before the game is done, at least at this rate.

Patience is a virtue, I guess, I already bought in on this as a Kickstarter, one of the elite few I actually backed.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 16, 2014, 16:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Krovven wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 15:34:
So as I was saying last week...I'm surprised Ubisoft hasn't been unloading FarCry 3 on the cheap...

And sold!

Oh yeah, I knew somebody on here was still looking for Far Cry 3 on sale... now you can get your fill of assaulting checkpoints and harvesting innocent yet bloodthirsty animals for crafting materials! Also some PG-13 rated cut scenes.

Can't wait until Far Cry 4 drops down below my sale threshold.

ps. Blue, not sure if there are attack ads or something, every now and then bluesnews(with adblock turned off) starts using up like 100% of my cpu...

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches Nov 16, 2014, 15:25 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, some Grim Dawn progress... now they just need to finish it before the heat death of the universe.

34. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 15:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Harrowing wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 15:02:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 15:00:
Hrm, interest in this game continues to drop. I am not a backer of this, so it just a minor annoyance so far, but I really have no desire to have other players, let alone thousands, in my world, so solo play was all I cared about in the first place.

I'll wait to hear more, but I'm leaning towards skipping this now.

You can still play solo online.

Well, sure, but your universe is STILL affected by the actions of other players, according to the little blurb there. That sounds like serious negative aspect to me, but as I said, I'll wait and see how it actually turns out.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2014, 15:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Not really surprising that Intel went back to Gamasutra; no doubt Intelgate is around the corner. *eyeroll.*

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 16, 2014, 15:04 MoreLuckThanSkill

Typo, I believe that's Football Manager 2015.

Aside from that, glad to see Day-Z isn't up there.

27. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 15:00 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, interest in this game continues to drop. I am not a backer of this, so it just a minor annoyance so far, but I really have no desire to have other players, let alone thousands, in my world, so solo play was all I cared about in the first place.

I'll wait to hear more, but I'm leaning towards skipping this now.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 15, 2014, 15:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

1.5 trillion? Did no Turkish citizen pay their electric bills for the last 50 years or something?

Something tells me the collection rate was going to be pretty low even if those weren't deleted.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Nov 13, 2014, 22:11 MoreLuckThanSkill

PHJF wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 19:29:
That is terrifying.

Hehe, somewhat ironic that you are disturbed by this costume. Not that I disagree entirely; it's more than a little disturbing.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Video
2. Re: Killing Floor 2 Video Nov 13, 2014, 22:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

The game is looking great already, and I speak as somebody who put 100+ hours into the first one. Clearly their budget involved something more than the 10 bucks they had to make the first one, this time around.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 12, 2014, 21:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

AT&T resorting to blackmail? When they were paid 20 years ago to lay fiber in the first place? No surprise here.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $61M
1. Re: Star Citizen Passes $61M Nov 12, 2014, 21:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ugggghh...

1545 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo