Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Burke

Real Name Burke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MUGWUMP
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 7, 2009, 04:59
Total Comments 56 (Suspect)
User ID 54813

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Age of Wonders III
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Age of Wonders III Apr 1, 2014, 06:40 MUGWUMP

Ive got one problem so far. If you make an alliance with someone you have to watch their move every turn. Combine that with a huge map and a lot of AI players and turns can take many minutes. I know I can just forget the alliances, but sometimes you need those alliances to buy time against an opponent.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2014, 19:16 MUGWUMP

Shake and Bake!  

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
52. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 11:11 MUGWUMP

I forgot about Tribes. OK. Brings back memories about first learning skiing. I thought I was a genius when I first discovered it.

I didn't get quite the same level of satisfaction from Tribes, but it was still revolutionary.

Funny how some new games are touting MASSIVE 16v16 games when 32v32(and a few 64v64 servers) was pretty common when a lot of people were still on dialup.

Yea...it was laggy at times, but it was still chaotic fun.

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
41. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 12, 2013, 08:39 MUGWUMP

I don't think anything will ever compare to QWCTF/ThreewaveCTF when it first came out.

Insane-o offhand grappling hooks and chasing down people carrying keys was absolutely the best time I ever had in gaming.

Nobody had ever experienced anything like that.

I think it's impossible to get back there simply because it was all new.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2013, 11:00 MUGWUMP

Set macros.
Save.
Export macros, probably is txt file.
Save that file for if it takes a shit again and use import if needed.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Nov 20, 2013, 12:07 MUGWUMP

This wasn't even on my radar, but after watching videos and reading comments I'm giving it a shot. I really need something to satisfy me since X Rebirth is such a letdown for now.

I need something new to run and look nice on my GTX 780.

Downloading now. Fingers crossed.

News Comments > DayZ Gameplay Trailer
31. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 17, 2013, 03:42 MUGWUMP

There's an awesome MMO in this genre for sure. Make a near continent sized map with 3 teams separated by a large no mans land where the hardcore pvp/scavenging goes on. Force people to team up at the beginning to develop a community. One life per "campaign". They can have multiple ones going. Reset after a certain faction overpowers the others. Rinse repeat. No fast travel other than vehicles you fix/mod and scavenge fuel for. Crafting possibilities are endless.

Need to combine that with a build-able/destructible environment. Build secure towns/ outposts etc.

Free to play. Pay 50 cents to respawn with same character etc or whatever

News Comments > DayZ Gameplay Trailer
22. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 20:14 MUGWUMP

I thought the delay was because they were moving it over to the new engine.

If that doesn't scream of "You can polish a turd" I don't know what will.

My anticipation for this dropped close to zero a year ago. Now it's flatlined.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
68. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 01:04 MUGWUMP

Since I'm so absolutely slammed with disappointment I'll try to be positive.

It really looks pretty and the exterior is massively detailed.

...but why would I bother trying to get close to anything to admire it when the game runs at a fucking slideshow under 15fps on a decent rig equiped with a gtx780?

No.

No, you can't look(left/right at least) around your fucking cockpit like almost every other fucking space sim in history.

Fucking devs are fucking criminals. I haven't been angry at buying a game in years. I actually came here to vent.

Do not buy this piece of shit until there's a complete overhaul.

UI sucks
flying sucks
in game map is useless

first person mode is laughable-dated models, horrible meshing, absolutely ugly female faces. My freighter pilot had the body of a "healthy" 18 year old with the face of a geriatric.

Is this a fucking space flight sim or is it a minigame of "search the red crates in the space station"?

I had a cop following me around bumping into me for like 3 minutes. He finally said something along the line of illegal scanning reported. I was just flying up to the "!" icons looking at shit because the game told me it reveals deals and shit.

Oh boy.

I could get over all that if it wasn't a fucking slideshow. I don't think I spend more than 10-15 minutes at a time in the game before I get sick of it and exit looking on forums for tweaks.

I've spent like 4 hours dicking around for maybe 3 frames.

I'ts not on my end.

What a turd.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2013, 01:10.

News Comments > Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend
35. Re: Dead Island: Riptide Sale, Free Weekend Sep 27, 2013, 21:24 MUGWUMP

Thankfully anyone with steam can download and try the game for free tonight, so this whole argument is moot.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 09:03 MUGWUMP

Took a quick glance at the steam forums.

Looks like a clusterfuck.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Aug 13, 2013, 08:09 MUGWUMP

I think this is focusing the wrong way. I think Mr. Musk is a good person for doing the research and putting everything out there for anyone to run with, but it doesn't seem practical.

Aircraft unsustainable? The sky is the only place to go with the population growth.

My opinion is there should be more focus on technology based on biology. After all, it's had billions of years to evolve. I think carbon fiber is just the beginning. Lighter, stronger materials.

I think we're just now coming out of the dark ages. I can't wait to see what comes next.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jul 1, 2013, 09:51 MUGWUMP

Didn't read the story, but the title reminded me of my first experience with EverQuest compared to Wow etc.

I remember the first time I made the journey from Qeynos to Freeport. That was one of those gaming experiences I'll never forget. Fast forward a couple years and I remember losing a corpse in Plane of Fear for over a week. I was freaking out. Heh. Good times.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds
35. Re: Half-Life 3 ARG Speculation Abounds Jun 28, 2013, 16:16 MUGWUMP

Aren't they developing some type of PC/console hybrid for the living room?

Wouldn't it make sense for them to save HL3 to help market their new system?

EDIT: Guess I'd see someone mentioned that if I read past the first page

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
18. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 18, 2013, 08:02 MUGWUMP

...and while liberals/conservative bicker and point fingers, ALL of the politicians laugh on the way to the bank.

Big business owns the left and the right.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2012, 08:03 MUGWUMP

Blue. You're the only site I have ads enabled on. I figure it's the least I can do show my appreciation for an awesome news site I've used since the days of QWCTF. Damn. It's been a long time. I'm really happy for you that you've been able to turn this into something you can make a living on.

Any chance we can get a quick rundown of how Bluesnews got started and some of the challenges and other interesting bits that may have happened?

Not sure what any of this has to do with anything here

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
14. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 5, 2012, 07:09 MUGWUMP

I'm not even really talking about the politicians now. The media has got me pissed off feeding shit back and forth.

I may have been too drunk/young to pay attention in the past. I insist that it's hit an all time high, but really old (I'm just GETTING old people tell me nothing has changed.

The internet is supposed to change that, but 90% of people just gravitate to one side or the other. Then the hateful stuff starts.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 5, 2012, 06:17 MUGWUMP

How about the media as well?

Blatant lies from both sides. It makes me sick that 90% of the population here probably believes every story.

Can "we the people" file a class action lawsuit against our government? I want a full audit. Maybe the media as well?

It makes me sick how these politicians run around spending hundreds of millions of dollars on campaigns while there's people struggling/failing to pay their bills. I understand they have to do it, but it doesn't make me any less frustrated

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2012, 16:17 MUGWUMP

Go for it. You can be "Blue" from anywhere, but employment from a company like Disney does not come around every day. If I were in your position I would think I had no other options if the missus felt good about her career with them. The fact that they are giving her the option to retain her position in another office is good.

A "forced adventure". I like that.

I occasionally get the itch to just pick up and go somewhere. Then I dismiss the idea because I'm so comfortable where I am and the thought of a new place with no friends or family around is kind of scary.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 23, 2012, 23:06 MUGWUMP

Green Egg/Grill Dome(I own one)/Kamado style blows everything away. I've used every style of smoker and the ceramic domes are above everything else. Get a "Stoker" attachment and you can light this thing up and it will maintain whatever temp you set +/- 2 to 3 degrees F. even in windy conditions for at least 18 hours. That's the longest I've ever needed to smoke pork butt.

Look into these Blue. They are quite an investment, but I'm positive you will be ecstatic with the results and the simplicity when using these grills with "The Stoker".

They are also excellent for grilling meats. I've been able to get it over 700 degrees and with a grate that hovers only a couple inches over the coals it makes for some amazing skirt steak

56 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo