Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drew

Real Name Drew   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Whiskers
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description None
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2009, 16:01
Total Comments 151 (Novice)
User ID 54798

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Frozen Synapse Free Weekend; Sale
9. Re: Frozen Synapse Free Weekend; Sale Apr 18, 2014, 16:24 Whiskers

I picked up breach and clear on android on the humble bundle. It is pretty fun and does have a similar style to Frozen Synapse. How is the pc version?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Frozen Synapse Free Weekend; Sale
4. Re: Frozen Synapse Free Weekend; Sale Apr 18, 2014, 12:10 Whiskers

It can be a lot of fun but I stopped playing because 75% of the people would just stop making moves as soon as they lost a guy. Still pretty fun though.  

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
19. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 10:03 Whiskers

I do still buy games that I don't intent to play right away and may not get around to playing at all depending on the way life goes, but I only buy games that are 75% off or more. That way I feel like I'm getting my monies worth if I only end up playing it for an hour or two and paid $5 for it.

If it is something I am going to play right away I will sometimes pick it up at 50% off, but I haven't bought a game at full price in quite a while.

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
61. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 14:40 Whiskers

That's what I love about singleplayer games. The netcode is great!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
4. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 10:04 Whiskers

I'm excited to see some stuff from the single player campaign. That's all I'm really looking forward to. I hope it's similar to Starlancer. I loved that game.  

News Comments > DICE Looking Into BF4 "Death Shield" Bug
16. Re: DICE Looking Into BF4 Apr 14, 2014, 18:25 Whiskers

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 16:24:
Kind of how the sound bug has been patched about 10 times already and it is still in the game.
That is my favorite part. I love how patch notes say they fix things that aren't fixed, like the most recent issue with the kill cards not showing up in hardcore. They show up maybe 30% of the time now, it was 0, so I guess they are making progress. They always report that stuff as being fixed. Still a pretty fun game overall though, even with all the shenanigans.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Phantoms Launched
2. Re: Ghost Recon Phantoms Launched Apr 10, 2014, 14:26 Whiskers

Sadly it's heavily Pay to Win. Great team based shooter underneath all the Pay to Win garbage, but unless you want to invest a couple Benjamins you're gonna get steamrolled by veteran and pay to win players almost every time.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Phantoms Videos
1. Re: Ghost Recon Phantoms Videos Apr 4, 2014, 21:43 Whiskers

Hahaha. 4 years of development and once they leave beta they change EVERYTHING about the game and try new things. They have a huge pay 2 win issue that just keeps getting worse, and they continue to add more and more powerful weapons and armor that only benefit the top tier players (who continue to stomp on the new and lower level players). They somehow managed to take all the fun out of what was a solid 3rd person team based shooter.

Throughout the betas there have been so many issues the community was calling for to change and instead they just kept introducing new "features", new weapons and more things for people to buy instead of trying to create a solid game. At this point the game is just no fun unless you want to drop a couple hundred bucks to get the top level gear.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned
20. Re: Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Fixes and Server Upgrades Planned Apr 3, 2014, 06:53 Whiskers

I didn't play 2142 but my friend I play with did and he had the same statement. I guess there were more objectives in 2142 to destroy on the titans and they could be attacked simultaneously. The way DICE implemented this mode into BF4 does feel really tacked on. It's especially dumb that you can just spawn on the enemy carrier once is open, or recon put down spawn becons. The fights for the ships don't last very long and it's just a bunch of grenade spam. Getting to the ship to get in seemed like half the fun in 2142, so not sure why DICE felt the need to eliminate that.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
50. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Apr 1, 2014, 07:28 Whiskers

I like how people are kickstarting the future generation of a game that hasn't even been released yet. Pretty soon we'll see a kickstarter for Star Citizen 2: The Actual Game  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator
1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Trailer Confirms Predator Mar 31, 2014, 14:30 Whiskers

I love Predator. Never thought I'd see one in CoD though.  

News Comments > New DayZ Studio; Future Plans Detailed
9. Re: New DayZ Studio; Future Plans Detailed Mar 30, 2014, 08:17 Whiskers

Can't blame them for people buying into games that aren't finished. Everyone loves to bitch and moan about games these days not delivering on what is promised, or not being updated fast enough out of early access, but no one seems to actually stop buying this stuff before it's ready. The only thing developers and publishers really listen to is money, and unless people start speaking with their wallets we'll just get more and more shovelware in the future.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts- Devastation Features Predators?
1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts- Devastation Features Predators? Mar 28, 2014, 09:29 Whiskers

Hopefully you extract via choppa  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 27, 2014, 06:42 Whiskers

Julio wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 06:15:
Frijoles wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 01:52:
Beamer wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 01:16:
He's now a 21 year old billionaire. (well, not quite, but likely very, very close.) I can't hate him too much for that.

I'd do the same thing for that much money. Maybe even buy Blues just to piss you all off.

Probably what Facebook has planned next to kill off
Don't do it Blue, don't take the $2 billion

I would visit Billion Dollar Blues News

News Comments > PC Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Delayed
1. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Naval Strike Delayed Mar 25, 2014, 09:23 Whiskers

Can't say I'm really surprised. I still enjoy BF4, but damn, they have some of the worst QA I've ever seen. Every patch just introduces new issues. I don't remember BF3 having nearly as many problems.

Maybe we'll get another month of free battlepacks!

News Comments > Next CoD Sledgehammer's "Most Ambitious, Most Creative" Game
12. Re: Next CoD Sledgehammer's Mar 21, 2014, 16:54 Whiskers

They'll have 2 dogs this time!  

News Comments > CryENGINE Subscriptions Announced
5. Re: CryENGINE Subscriptions Announced Mar 20, 2014, 11:01 Whiskers

Having not used this engine I can't say for sure, but I've heard that it can be really hard to develop with. You don't see as many games running the crye engine, which makes them think this might be true, since the games that do use it look purdy.  

News Comments > Unity 5 Announced
17. Re: Unity 5 Announced Mar 19, 2014, 08:21 Whiskers

Unity 5 looks great so far.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month
4. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online) Next Month Mar 17, 2014, 19:23 Whiskers

They can call it Ghost Recon Super Fun Game, and it would still be pay 2 win sadly. Great 3rd person shooter under all the nonsense leveling, grinding, and weapon / gear climb. THey continue to add more powerful weapons and armor to keep the higher level people even further from the lower level folks. Matchmaking still blows and their typical solution to why the game is no fun is "we need more players to make matchmaking work". What's the point of almost 2 years of beta to end up making a completely different game that you release as the final version? I guess they don't understand the point of the entire alpha, beta, release process.  

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Leaves Beta
15. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Leaves Beta Mar 12, 2014, 14:17 Whiskers

Casual is always a toss up but I agree they could add some casual matchmaking. Some people say that casual mode can actually be more difficult than ranked, which I have seen sometimes.

As far as I know, Arena does sort people based on wins. I think it's after 5 or 7 wins you get put into a bracket with only people who've won that many times. Arena is pretty fun, but I wish there were some restrictions and more balance put into the card draw. It would be nice if they had the 2 card limit like in all other game modes, and if there was some balance in the types of cards you are offered. There can be some pretty powerful decks because some people just get offered better cards.

151 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo