Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drew

Real Name Drew   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Whiskers
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description None
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2009, 16:01
Total Comments 190 (Novice)
User ID 54798

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans
4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Reviews; Hi-Rez Texture Plans Sep 26, 2014, 10:11 Whiskers

I watched a review on gametrailers and the game definitely looks fun. The Ork warchiefs dynamic seems really cool, and the art design is great. Hoping this goes on sale over the holidays, looks like a fun game for a snow day.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
9. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 25, 2014, 06:57 Whiskers

Well Ghost was made by Infinity Ward. Over the years I've found that the non-infinity ward CODs are usually pretty good. I enjoyed the Treyarch World at War and Black Ops games. I think this might be this developers first CoD, but so far it's looking pretty cool. Definitely not going to pick it up on release, but might be fun to pick up when it's 50% - 75% off.  

News Comments > Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans
43. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 21, 2014, 08:37 Whiskers

Prez wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 04:58:
Double Fine "finished" Space Base DF-9 by labeling the last release 1.0. The community by and large disagrees that it is finished, but there isn't anything they can do except not back DF in the future.

This is exactly where early access / kickstarter will always run into trouble. Even before all this early buy in mumbo jumbo, you'd read previews that talk about all these cool planned features that don't end up making it into the final product. It happens.

I really don't feel bad for anyone who buys into early access / kickstarter and then complains it's not what they wanted.You're putting in money in the hopes that something will pay off later. You're not buying a game, you're making an investment in an idea for a game. It's not a 100% guarantee. If you can't handle that, just wait for game to be "finished"

News Comments > Spacecom Launches
1. Re: Spacecom Launches Sep 18, 2014, 12:14 Whiskers

Kinda reminds me of this app I have on my phone
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.machinations&hl=en

Looks like it could be interesting. Probably wait for a sale to pick it up. Looking forward to seeing some indepth reviews that explain the game mechanics more.

News Comments > MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed
45. Re: MS/Mojang $2.5B Deal Confirmed Sep 15, 2014, 12:49 Whiskers

Microsoft should learn to be patient and watch for sales. I only paid $5

Well, whatever Notch ends up doing, hopefully he gets enough money from this to do what he wants and enjoy life. That's what it's all about.

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing
12. Re: Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing Sep 10, 2014, 07:04 Whiskers

entr0py wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 00:11:
It's a system whereby you pay them for the ability to test the game. . . I'd just feel dirty if I gave into that.
Hopefully you've never bought any early access games

I think the CTE is a nice idea, and while BF4 has had it's issues, I've still had a lot of fun with it. It's died down recently as other games have taken over, but I'm interested to see what this next update will include. Some of my friends still stand by 2142 being the best BF for them, so I'm curious to see what they will do with this last DLC.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 9, 2014, 06:40 Whiskers

I had a ton of fun with Kerbal back before the last couple sets of updates. Decided to stop playing it and wait for thew final release, but it was definitely worth every penny. I had managed to visit a couple of the main planets.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Ghosts Free Multiplayer Weekend
6. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Free Multiplayer Weekend Aug 29, 2014, 11:00 Whiskers

I'll stick with Insurgency. Too bad they finally wised up and stopped letting you play the single player for free over the weekend.  

News Comments > Last Chance at Some GOG.com Games
3. Re: Last Chance at Some GOG.com Games Aug 27, 2014, 21:47 Whiskers

The publisher, Nordic, was demanding everyone use regional pricing, which goes against GOG's policy, so they decided to drop their games. Can't blame them for sticking to their policies and trying to keep games the same price across regions.  

News Comments > Ancient Space Announced
14. Re: Ancient Space Announced Aug 21, 2014, 19:31 Whiskers

Never heard of Shallow Space, thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to seeing more of that and this game.  

News Comments > Ancient Space Announced
2. Re: Ancient Space Announced Aug 21, 2014, 10:18 Whiskers

Exactly what I thought. Hopefully it's good. We could use some good RTS 3d space games with a story. I think the last one I played was Nexus Jupiter Incident. It was good but it had some quirky things.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Announced
6. Re: Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Announced Aug 14, 2014, 06:24 Whiskers

CoH 1 was great, I had a hard time getting into 2. I want more Dawn of War 1. Seems like Relic sequels to RTS games are never quite the same as their predecessors.  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Modes Revealed
2. Re: Battlefield Hardline Modes Revealed Aug 13, 2014, 09:43 Whiskers

Single player looks pretty authentic. Gotta respect those police officers who murder hundreds of people with no body armor and an MP5k hidden under their tshirt.  

News Comments > 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades
4. Re: 4A Games on Metro Redux Upgrades Aug 10, 2014, 11:41 Whiskers

They've been practically giving away the metro games on sales, so I see no reason to just wait for this to be the same. Never finished Metro 2033, so I"m looking forward to giving it another go with some updated features.  

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
26. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 4, 2014, 15:26 Whiskers

All I care about is the single player campaign. I'm hoping it's fun and engaging.  

News Comments > Breach & Clear: Deadline Announced
1. Re: Breach & Clear: Deadline Announced Jul 29, 2014, 06:47 Whiskers

I picked up Breach and Clear on a Humble Bundle. It's a fun little game, but the mechanic gets old after a couple missions. Maybe the new story and setting might provide some better motivation than the originals mission structure that didn't have much of a story.  

News Comments > Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust
30. Re: Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust Jul 28, 2014, 19:12 Whiskers

Sadly early access will continue as long as people make money off of it. DayZ has continued to be on the top seller list for months. People vote with their wallets. You can buy early access and then complain it's not finished but guess what, they already got your money, which was their primary goal. There are genuine developers out there who care about their fan base, there are others who just want to get money and move on to the next thing. I prefer to buy games that are complete and not the idea of a cool game at some point down the road.  

News Comments > Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust
18. Re: Facepunch Announces Riftlight; Defends Rust Jul 28, 2014, 14:19 Whiskers

Maybe after enough early access games a.) turn out like crap, b.) never get finished, or c.) don't deliver on their initial promises people will stop buying into them.

I would be glad to see early access go away all together. I don't really find any appeal in playing a game that's not finished. By the time it's finished you might be sick of it and then you've missed the true experience.

News Comments > Hearthstone Expansion Next Week
7. Re: Hearthstone Expansion Next Week Jul 18, 2014, 11:38 Whiskers

Alamar wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 11:14:
The lack of being able to chat with your opponent, unless I just didn't see the option, is a bit of a turn off...-Alamar
Personally I'm glad there's no chat. A few people have added me as friends after games and it's just to tell me I suck and to go kill myself. The emotes work well enough, and you even have the ability to silence your opponents emotes, so if you just want to play the card game you don't have to worry about all the internet garbage that typically comes with MP games.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Trailer; Livestream Today
1. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Trailer; Livestream Today Jul 17, 2014, 10:29 Whiskers

Does anyone ever really care about these "biggest surprise at e3 - PC Gamer" comments? We saw a glorified, scripted demo, it looked cool, probably best game ever. It's not like games change from their e3 videos right? *cough* watchdogs *cough*  

190 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo