Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drew

Real Name Drew   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Whiskers
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description None
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2009, 16:01
Total Comments 242 (Novice)
User ID 54798

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled
5. Re: The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled Aug 25, 2015, 09:54 Whiskers

There is a fine line between "paying to get an advantage" and pay to win. Maybe it will just be cosmetics! /s

If someone doesn't have a lot of time, but wants to experience more features, I guess it's okay to allow them to skip ahead, but since it's PvP that will likely be an issue. The other issues is when they design something to be such a grind that you almost have to pay to be competitive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Next Month Aug 25, 2015, 09:50 Whiskers

This game mode would be cool if it didn't just incentivize everyone using IRNV scopes. Those scopes are a pain even on regular maps. Really wish they had never added them. Imagine playing a map where you could hide int he shadows, look for muzzle flashes, and use flashlights. None of that will ever happen because everyone will just use the IRNV scopes. :/  

News Comments > 220M Grand Theft Auto Games Sold
5. Re: 220M Grand Theft Auto Games Sold Aug 21, 2015, 23:21 Whiskers

I'm amazed humanity hasn't wiped itself out. That's a lot of violent video game players right there.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Free Weekend
4. Re: PAYDAY 2 Free Weekend Aug 21, 2015, 08:54 Whiskers

They have gone a little crazy with all their DLC for this game. It was fun for a while, but their unlock system gets old pretty fast. It started to improve when they linked unlocking new items to completing achievements, but even then it can be a real bear just to get a specific gun setup. The Goon Mod fixed some of this by letting you buy masks and attachment for weapons, but it's been a long time since I've played and I don't know if it still works.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Aug 3, 2015, 21:08 Whiskers

Why don't they just make a b movie for Sci Fi with all this stuff? It'd last 2 hours, and probably be more enjoyable than slogging through the actual game  

News Comments > Endless Space 2 Announced
4. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Jul 31, 2015, 15:11 Whiskers

I hope they add some new battle mechanics. It's cool to watch the cinematic battle once or twice, but after a while it becomes really boring. Complex politics and alliances and some better battles would be great.

Sword of the Stars 2, for better or worse, had pretty good 3d space battles that were a lot of fun to play and watch.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 16, 2015, 10:25 Whiskers

This guy....I will never buy anything he is involved with, nor do I care about what he is up to. DayZ was a cool "idea" and it kicked off a big genre, but he has yet to prove he can make a fully featured, complete game, or do anything else. Not sure why people would give him more money.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues
10. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patch Issues Jul 10, 2015, 09:04 Whiskers

I just wish they would add more heists. Having played most missions and beaten all of the heists, the game is getting boring. New weapons and cars are fun, but we need more heists!

I would be happy if they just strung some missions together, all the elaborate cutscenes and voice acting for the default heists weren't really that necessary, sometimes even annoying. They said making missions was easy but heists were hard, so why not just string together missions without all the extra stuff?

News Comments > Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems
6. Re: Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems Jul 1, 2015, 13:01 Whiskers

The one thing WB probably didn't know about were steam refunds. "Wait wait wait, where are all the sales going?!"

Also, stop pre-ordering games

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Announced
5. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 22, 2015, 15:15 Whiskers

Some might say they are Slightly Mad to already announce a sequel so soon after releasing the first Project Cars  

News Comments > Total War: Warhammer Trailer
5. Re: Total War: Warhammer Trailer Jun 18, 2015, 08:35 Whiskers

I would have enjoyed it being 40k, but I can see why they went with fantasy. Maybe if it does well they will do a 40k next. I still miss Dawn of War 1. That game was so much fun.

Some day 40K will get another great game that shows how incredible that universe is.

News Comments > HITMAN Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: HITMAN Gameplay Trailer Jun 17, 2015, 21:02 Whiskers

Hrm...here I was expecting to see gameplay, not some ingame cinematics. Silly me.  

News Comments > Take on Mars Beta This Summer
4. Re: Take on Mars Beta This Summer Jun 17, 2015, 11:26 Whiskers

It's Bohemia Interactive, what did you expect? They still can't make vehicles handle realistically in Arma and continue to have some of the most awkward player movement and interaction mechanics from 2000.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced
16. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced Jun 16, 2015, 08:16 Whiskers

Ghost Recon Future Soldier wasn't bad (I wouldn't have called it Ghost Recon though). It was a decent military themed 3rd person shooter. I imagine this game will be pretty similar. I just hope they don't have a lot of mandatory stealth levels where if you're spotted you immediately lose. I prefer games that say "you shouldn't get spotted" but if you do then it's just super super hard.  

News Comments > DAYZ Creator Announces ION
2. Re: DAYZ Creator Announces ION Jun 15, 2015, 16:38 Whiskers

Lets hope everyone buys into early access and he quits and goes to work on the next game!  

News Comments > Indie Developers on Steam Refunds
6. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 10:00 Whiskers

I am okay with short games. They are generally inexpensive, or I pick them up on sale for next to nothing. I would rather play a game the way the developer meant for it to be played, rather than have developers arbitrarily add grind fest or other means to pad the length just so they can say it takes 4 hours to complete.

News Comments > DayZ Downturn
6. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 10:30 Whiskers

Their biggest mistake was using the Arma engine to begin with. DayZ as a concept had some great ideas and while it wasn't perfect, it definitely nailed the survival and hunting of people mechanics. I had many very tense moments trying to find someone who shot at me who was somewhere out in the vast wilderness back in Arma 2.

The arma 2 mod always had server issues, so I don't know why they thought a slightly modified version of Arma 2 would be any better. That engine is a joke. Arma 3 lacks many features simply because their engine is just piled on tweaks from Operation Flashpoint. The core mechanics haven't changed in 12 years, which isn't a good thing as far as workflows and development are concerned.

Hopefully the people who bought into this early access enjoyed what they got, for those that didn't, hopefully it will serve as a lesson in buying an unfinished product on the hopes and dreams of what it might be some day.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Trailer
5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Trailer Jun 4, 2015, 20:52 Whiskers

It's a shame they don't take this technology and graphics and just do a reboot of the Rainbow Six games. Same levels, same basic gameplay, add in first person and a few other modern mechanics. This will sell way more copies than that ever would though I'm sure.  

News Comments > Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy Launches
7. Re: Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy Launches Jun 4, 2015, 20:50 Whiskers

Gameplay looks interesting, but that trailer was pretty bad. Why not explain what your game is and how it's cool and unique? Not some random lady talking about ship status  

News Comments > New Hearthstone Heroes Coming
2. Re: New Hearthstone Heroes Coming Jun 4, 2015, 20:48 Whiskers

I really enjoy Hearthstone, but the pace at which blizzard updates the game is just silly. Hopefully all the money people waste on cosmetic stuff like this will allow Blizzard to hire some more programmers to update the game on a regular basis and ADD MORE DECK SLOTS.  

242 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo