Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Drew

Real Name Drew   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Whiskers
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description None
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2009, 16:01
Total Comments 234 (Novice)
User ID 54798

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems
6. Re: Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems Jul 1, 2015, 13:01 Whiskers

The one thing WB probably didn't know about were steam refunds. "Wait wait wait, where are all the sales going?!"

Also, stop pre-ordering games

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Announced
5. Re: Project CARS 2 Announced Jun 22, 2015, 15:15 Whiskers

Some might say they are Slightly Mad to already announce a sequel so soon after releasing the first Project Cars  

News Comments > Total War: Warhammer Trailer
5. Re: Total War: Warhammer Trailer Jun 18, 2015, 08:35 Whiskers

I would have enjoyed it being 40k, but I can see why they went with fantasy. Maybe if it does well they will do a 40k next. I still miss Dawn of War 1. That game was so much fun.

Some day 40K will get another great game that shows how incredible that universe is.

News Comments > HITMAN Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: HITMAN Gameplay Trailer Jun 17, 2015, 21:02 Whiskers

Hrm...here I was expecting to see gameplay, not some ingame cinematics. Silly me.  

News Comments > Take on Mars Beta This Summer
4. Re: Take on Mars Beta This Summer Jun 17, 2015, 11:26 Whiskers

It's Bohemia Interactive, what did you expect? They still can't make vehicles handle realistically in Arma and continue to have some of the most awkward player movement and interaction mechanics from 2000.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced
16. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced Jun 16, 2015, 08:16 Whiskers

Ghost Recon Future Soldier wasn't bad (I wouldn't have called it Ghost Recon though). It was a decent military themed 3rd person shooter. I imagine this game will be pretty similar. I just hope they don't have a lot of mandatory stealth levels where if you're spotted you immediately lose. I prefer games that say "you shouldn't get spotted" but if you do then it's just super super hard.  

News Comments > DAYZ Creator Announces ION
2. Re: DAYZ Creator Announces ION Jun 15, 2015, 16:38 Whiskers

Lets hope everyone buys into early access and he quits and goes to work on the next game!  

News Comments > Indie Developers on Steam Refunds
6. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 10:00 Whiskers

I am okay with short games. They are generally inexpensive, or I pick them up on sale for next to nothing. I would rather play a game the way the developer meant for it to be played, rather than have developers arbitrarily add grind fest or other means to pad the length just so they can say it takes 4 hours to complete.

News Comments > DayZ Downturn
6. Re: DayZ Downturn Jun 5, 2015, 10:30 Whiskers

Their biggest mistake was using the Arma engine to begin with. DayZ as a concept had some great ideas and while it wasn't perfect, it definitely nailed the survival and hunting of people mechanics. I had many very tense moments trying to find someone who shot at me who was somewhere out in the vast wilderness back in Arma 2.

The arma 2 mod always had server issues, so I don't know why they thought a slightly modified version of Arma 2 would be any better. That engine is a joke. Arma 3 lacks many features simply because their engine is just piled on tweaks from Operation Flashpoint. The core mechanics haven't changed in 12 years, which isn't a good thing as far as workflows and development are concerned.

Hopefully the people who bought into this early access enjoyed what they got, for those that didn't, hopefully it will serve as a lesson in buying an unfinished product on the hopes and dreams of what it might be some day.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Trailer
5. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Trailer Jun 4, 2015, 20:52 Whiskers

It's a shame they don't take this technology and graphics and just do a reboot of the Rainbow Six games. Same levels, same basic gameplay, add in first person and a few other modern mechanics. This will sell way more copies than that ever would though I'm sure.  

News Comments > Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy Launches
7. Re: Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy Launches Jun 4, 2015, 20:50 Whiskers

Gameplay looks interesting, but that trailer was pretty bad. Why not explain what your game is and how it's cool and unique? Not some random lady talking about ship status  

News Comments > New Hearthstone Heroes Coming
2. Re: New Hearthstone Heroes Coming Jun 4, 2015, 20:48 Whiskers

I really enjoy Hearthstone, but the pace at which blizzard updates the game is just silly. Hopefully all the money people waste on cosmetic stuff like this will allow Blizzard to hire some more programmers to update the game on a regular basis and ADD MORE DECK SLOTS.  

News Comments > BF4 Spring Patch to Add New Weapons & Gun Master Mode
6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 17, 2015, 22:23 Whiskers

Scavenger was fun. I wish they'd bring back the Aftermath DLC from BF3. Those maps were great  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse May 3, 2015, 20:01 Whiskers

I don't get the Hulu thing either. I had a free trial and half the shows I wanted to watch required you to sign in through a cable provider. Kinda defeats the point of Hulu if you ask me.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released Apr 26, 2015, 15:38 Whiskers

Didn't we just have this CoD?

Call of Deus Ex: Advanced Elysium Warfighter

News Comments > Skyrim Free Weekend
5. Re: Skyrim Free Weekend Apr 24, 2015, 10:47 Whiskers

Having modded for several games, I think it would be great to make some money from it. I get that people are used to mods being "free" and done for "the love of modding", but at the end of the day, the love of modding does not put food on the table. I would have rather seen a donation option. That way, people can pay what they feel content is worth. I think more people would donate if they could easily do it through steam.

My real issue is the cut Valve is taking. This is downright absurd! 75% cut for hosting a file? There are a million free hosting sights, so what makes Valve so special that they deserve a majority of the profits for peoples hard work? that alone will make me not use their new service, or host anything on it.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced
3. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced Apr 22, 2015, 20:08 Whiskers

We need as many warhammer games as it takes to get a good one!  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Angels of Death Released
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon - Angels of Death Released Apr 21, 2015, 20:16 Whiskers

I'm hoping that eventually, as they shovel through all this garbage, we'll get another diamond like Dawn of War  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Operator Trailer
7. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Operator Trailer Mar 30, 2015, 14:58 Whiskers

As soon as I saw the hit markers I lost interest. I hate hit markers in any game, especially games where you can shoot through objects / walls. I'd like to see a hardcore mode of this with no indicator of who is alive and dead, where a team really has to communicate the number of downed enemy.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Announced
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Announced Feb 25, 2015, 22:30 Whiskers

seriously. There have to be quality developers who want to make interesting and fun games with the Warhammer 40k License. It feels like Games Workshop is only handing out licenses to people who have bad ideas and poor resumes....It's really sad for such a fun universe / world, so many wasted opportunities.  

234 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo