Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ilkka Arnkil

Real Name Ilkka Arnkil   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zanakar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 4, 2009, 07:02
Total Comments 16 (Suspect)
User ID 54797

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC
12. Re: SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny DLC Feb 17, 2013, 10:28 Zanakar

SpellForce 1 and 2 (along their expansions) were nice big games. Sure, with several glitches yet still lots of stuff to do, treasures to loot, monsters to kill, the usual stuff
However, Faith in Destiny was a let-down, since it pretty much ends at the point where the game gets really interesting. Either designers ran out of money and had to rush the game out, or intentionally left the ending as "Would You Like To Know More ? Buy next SpellForce game"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Binary Domain Demo
4. Re: Binary Domain Demo May 12, 2012, 13:50 Zanakar

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 12, 2012, 11:28:
Tried the demo a week or so ago. TERRIBLE console port. The menus are seriously screwy and nothing works as it should on PC. The gameplay is typical cover-shooter fare. This thing is crap and I would never pay them a dime for it.

Have to agree on that one, while the game is tolerable on console (although even console version isn't worth full price !) the PC version is a textbook example of why "console port" can be such a curse amongst PC gamers.

News Comments > On Guild Wars 2 Worlds
52. Re: On Guild Wars 2 Worlds Apr 26, 2012, 04:19 Zanakar

NKD wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 20:14:
Ray Marden wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 19:01:
Feeling more and more like I am just waiting for Titan,
Ray

My long-term hopes are on World of Darkness personally. I've never gotten the impression that CCP was interested in shoveling out another WoW clone, or anything even remotely mass-market. Titan on the other hand, you can bet Blizzard wants to get even bigger userbase than WoW.

CCP isn't interested in mass market, they are interested in making another game for a small group of people from whom they can choose select few to become Really Special Close Friends and leave the rest of player base at mercy of these "friends" and CCP.
I thought the whole "CCP representatives laugh at the idea of driving a player to suicide"- farce would have finally woken people up regarding the true (utterly despicable and corrupt) nature of that company.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Mar 27, 2012, 03:13 Zanakar

The fact that such a person had become representative of Eve-Online community and some actual CCP employees laughing with him... Tells everything one needs to know about Eve-Online "community".
CCP's attempts to wash their hands on the issue are plain pathetic. For years they've not only ignored but glorified those who harass other players due to race, gender or permanent disabilities, yet now that such activities became common knowledge, CCP is insisting that "we do not condone harasssment".
That incident is just tip of the iceberg (of pure loser-ness) that is the vast majority of Eve-Online player base.

News Comments > EVE Online Plans Outlined
4. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 23, 2012, 03:17 Zanakar

Wonder if *this* will finally be the update that allows any player to join CCP's Very Special Friends Club. The club that allows members to repeatedly make insults that are equivalent of calling black-skinned people "f*ing n***s" and get away without punishment, while calling a Club member "nerd who needs a life" gets one a forum ban at first and game ban soon afterwards. Saw stuff like that happen more than once during the years I played Eve-Online.
Eve-Online definitely has nice and unique mechanics, yet CCP is so incredibly biased towards "pet" players that it is breathtakingly sickening. In the sandbox that is Eve-Online, all players are equal. Some are just more equal than others.

News Comments > World of Darkness Details
11. Re: World of Darkness Details Jan 17, 2012, 04:04 Zanakar

Considering this will be a CCP game, better expect the same as with EVE-Online. In other words, some specific players who are CCP's Very Special Friends and thus are repeatedly allowed to get away with things like blatant racial and sexual harassment that will get "normal" players warned or outright banned.
Oh, and lots of PvP that consists of 10-on-1 gang ups followed by comments along the lines of "You stupid n00b carebear ! Go play WoW you carebear !"

News Comments > On World of Darkness
7. Re: On World of Darkness Oct 21, 2011, 02:50 Zanakar

After my years-long experiences with Eve-Online, I can easily imagine what a WoD MMOG designed/managed by CCP would have ended up like... PvE element involving people playing the game as single-player game and whining about running into other players, PvP being about 10-on-1 gankings followed by screams "We pwned you, you n00b carebear ! Go play WoW !" and every player being convinced that by playing said game they are a Superior Form of Life compared to all other MMOG players out there. Oh, and last but not least, CCP having Very Special Friends amongst players and allowing those players to repeatedly get away with stuff that will get other players banned from game.

In other worlds, nothing lost by not seeing a CCP- designed WoD MMOG.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Sep 3, 2011, 17:31 Zanakar

aesir05 wrote on Sep 3, 2011, 14:54:

As far as the other thing you mentioned, EVE is not for everyone, EVE is hard, if you don't want to play MMOs that's fine, if you don't like EVE cause its "tough" maybe you should try out WOW instead.

It seems that EVE-Online is still populated by those "if you aren't tough enough to play EVE, go play WOW"- elitist geeks that the game was full of while I still played it.
Quite funny, yet the sheer self-denial "We are not typical MMOG geeks, we are tough elite of MMOGs !" is almost tragic.

News Comments > EVE Online Incarna Launches
17. Re: EVE Online Incarna Launches Jun 24, 2011, 02:58 Zanakar

Wonder if this expansion will finally be the one that allows "regular" players to join CCP's Very Special Friends Club, and become one of those Special Players who are allowed to repeatedly do things that can and will get normal players banned for breaking EULA (as loose as the EULA at that game is).
Used to play Eve-Online (and enjoyed it) for several years and saw more incidents of that than I care to count, and what I've been hearing from people who still play that game, CCP remains as corrupt as it has been. People just cannot or will not understand that corruption until they find themselves at worse end of it.
Of course, making a comment like this will make me the target of bazillion CCP-worshipping Eve Fanboys, but that's nothing new... You either love Eve-Online or you a loser carebear who can't play The One True MMOG and who should go back to WoW.

News Comments > Atari Dropping Cryptic
16. Re: Atari Dropping Cryptic May 19, 2011, 05:28 Zanakar

I really hope this doesn't mean that there will be one less MMOG company making games that are not blatant WoW clones (*cough* Rift *cough*), since there really aren't too many such games around (and EVE-Online doesn't count, it isn't a game but a playground for gamemasters, their Very Special Friend Players and people who haven't yet learned what a corrupt bunch of morons CCP is).
Cryptic's games have their flaws like all MMOGs do, however at least those games are something else than just attempts to re-make WoW.

News Comments > EVE Online: Incursion Launches
28. Re: EVE Online: Incursion Launches Dec 1, 2010, 04:56 Zanakar

Wonder if this will finally be the expansion that allows everyone to join CCP's Special Friends Club and become one of those players who are allowed to break EULA as much as they wish (for example via sexual harassment, racistic comments and similar) without punishment AND get CCP to slam "temporary ban for breaking EULA" to anyone who slaps such Special Friend back.
As for the social/team aspect of EVE... Sadly, at most cases it involves either joining one of the existing Big Corporations where one usually ends up as another expendable drone that is kicked out as soon as one becomes too powerful (due to all the alt spies and the simple fact that corp leaders don't want to share their cake) or, if one wants a bit more freedom, starting a new corp (or joining a small one) which is utterly at mercy of older corporations. Sure, fanboys are quick to celebrate those few small-corp success stories, yet what those fanboys refuse to tell are about all the newcomers who were literally griefed out of game because they refused to suck up to existing bigshots.

And I'm speaking from personal experience here. Great game but sadly its community is pretty much the worst I've ever seen in any MMORPG.

News Comments > Champions Online Lifetime Subscriptions Return
14. Re: Champions Online Lifetime Subscriptions Return Nov 14, 2010, 04:57 Zanakar

Asmo wrote on Nov 14, 2010, 04:26:
Fairly engrossing main storyline if you're a Tolkien fan, support is top notch, zero gold sellers, reasonably meaningful crafting system etc etc etc. What's not to love.

CO on the other hand is one of the most shallow, linear 'mmos' I've had the misfortune of playing. Capped max level in just 7 days of play on the 3 day head start. Once you've done max level, there was bugger all to do and no real option to go back and pick a different path. Gameplay was okay but as an MMO, it made a fairly average single player game... This is a desperate cash grab and nothing else.

Indeed, LOTRO is fun *if* you are a Tolkien fan or someone who reads cookie fantasy books and manages to get surprised every time, for the rest of us it is MMORPG equivalent of all the boring fantasy clichés in one easy-to-avoid package.

As for CO, it suffers from same "nothing to do at max level except boring grinding" package as many other MMORPGs. For example, high-level content at CoH is for most part about doing "Task Forces", fine name for being forced into a team and spending several hours grinding untold square rooms' worth of hordes of few different easy-to-kill bulk monster types. Oh, and with Going Rogue expansion you can change from hero to villain or villain to hero and, *drumroll* do even more such mindless grinding under different name.

Not saying that CO doesn't have its flaws (it definitely does, heck I got bored with the game myself), just pointing out that problems with CO are more about problems with MMORPGs in general and not specific to that game.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Player-Created Missions Coming
5. Re: Star Trek Online Player-Created Missions Coming Oct 29, 2010, 12:26 Zanakar

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 29, 2010, 11:54:
Cryptic is a pile of hilarity.

Nawh, if you want real comedy regarding MMORPG developers, try CCP. Company that screams about "unfair racial stereotyping" when someone calls Chinese RMTers as Chinese RMTers while at same time allowing people to stereotype Arabs as lunatic suicide bombers, and also company that allows "pet players" to make tactless insults about handicapped/ill people while anyone slapping such insulters back with "get a life" gets warned about "unsuitable manners that will get you banned". Cryptic has a long way to go to reach THAT level of hilarity.

Still, I am skeptical regarding mission creators for MMORPGs overall, since City of Heroes showed that for every decent player-made mission, there will be three dozen that are designed purely for money/XP/whatever farming.

News Comments > EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced
10. Re: EVE Online: Commissioned Officer Edition Announced Oct 13, 2010, 03:59 Zanakar

Doubtful CCP would turn EVE-Online into PvE heaven, since the main market segment the game are those nerds who want to "totally pwn stupid carebears" and who regard themselves as cool-and-elite PvPers even when they run away from anything resembling risk at PvE.
Also, I wonder if this new edition allows regular players to join CCP's Special Friends Club. The one that many older players are members of, the one that allows members to make very blatant, tactless, racistic and personal insults at other players with no action taken by GMs, while actually daring to comment back at such Special Friends causes immediate and harsh retalation from GMs.
Gotta love Eve-Online.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
4. Re: Legal Briefs Dec 19, 2009, 03:45 Zanakar

It seems that many people here have no idea what Asperger's Syndrome really is, and thus are proving their own ailment (being clueless morons) by commenting about things they don't know jack about.

Asperger's is no excuse for being a lawbreaker hacker, however posting insulting generalizations about things that one clearly doesn't know about only proves one to be a no-life dimwit.

News Comments > EVE Online Q&A
4. Re: EVE Online Q&A Mar 4, 2009, 03:25 Zanakar

And of those 50k concurrent users, a very large amount consists of alts of existing users and real-money traders
Funny how CCP keeps promoting Eve as "multiplayer game" while simultaneously glorifying people who backstab, cheat and generally act like selfish pricks only out for their own personal gain. Result has been that many Eve players are (and for a good reason too) getting almost more paranoid regarding members of their *own* corporation/clan than regarding enemy corps.
Not bad game at all (I've had great fun with it at times), however its community is abysmally bad at times, and it seems CCP celebrates those worst elements

16 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo