Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sean Walsh

Real Name Sean Walsh   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DDI
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 9, 2000, 00:20
Total Comments 791 (Graduate)
User ID 5477

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
7. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 14:28 DDI

Solo online mode will still exist. God everyone freaks out about the dumbest bullshit.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LEGO Marvel Superheroes Demo
4. Re: LEGO Marvel Superheroes Demo Oct 14, 2013, 20:26 DDI

Just about every game that will be available on Steam shows up on the coming soon list. It's pretty close to release and there's no sign of it being available on Steam. There is one other Lego game for whatever reason was not released on Steam and is available for PC, the Pirates of the Caribbean game. So there's a precedent.  

News Comments > LEGO Marvel Superheroes Demo
2. Re: LEGO Marvel Superheroes Demo Oct 14, 2013, 12:06 DDI

Why are they giving Steam the finger for this?  

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Offline?
19. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Offline? Sep 24, 2013, 20:37 DDI

It was perfect timing. I decided to fire up Dragon Age Origins since I never beat it and start a new game. But then I couldn't get sign in and get all the DLC. It took some digging at first to find the few message board posts stating there is an issue.  

News Comments > More on Steam Living Room Plans Next Week
22. Re: More on Steam Living Room Plans Next Week Sep 20, 2013, 23:18 DDI

Umm, privately owned companies can have investors...  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 21, 2013, 23:00 DDI

I've actually no idea how good Windows 8 is, since the tile system is so unpopular no one even gets as far as talking about anything else. That's a pretty big fail right there.

Or people are too busy using it to comment but I'll take a moment. The new tile system is far faster to find, launch and organize applications than the old Start Menu.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Double XP Weekend
15. Re: PlanetSide 2 Double XP Weekend Dec 8, 2012, 22:25 DDI

You earn certificate points when you are offline.  

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Mode Launches
8. Re: Steam Big Picture Mode Launches Dec 3, 2012, 21:00 DDI

How do I turn off the ugly as fuck giant button on my Steam UI  

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues
49. Re: Croteam on Windows 8 Issues Nov 17, 2012, 20:02 DDI

So much crazy in here. Windows Desktop environment will not go away for a long time. Even Windows RT still has the desktop environment. The new Start Menu is far faster to navigate than the old one, even with a mouse. There is a shit ton of data to back it up.

DADES loves to spread the FUD. You can run the same exact certification tests before you submit the app so you aren't wasting time waiting for feedback. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694081.aspx

The price for an individual to publish apps to the store (which you do not need to install your own apps) is $50 a year. Big fucking deal. If can't swing the $50 then make it a desktop app and get a real fucking job that gives lets you earn more than $50 a year. Apple is $100 year. Microsoft's 30% cut goes down to 20% once your app hits 25k of revenue, unlike Google or Apple where its 30% indefinitely.

News Comments > Valve on Linux Plans
7. Re: Valve on Linux Plans Oct 29, 2012, 21:55 DDI

No one wants to deal with that bullshit to get a decent looking OS. As soon as Linux starts copying Windows and MacOS, you know proven desktop interfaces, instead of this fractured scattered crap, it might be marginally successful.

But in the end, it's only a matter of time before Valve just releases some steam box that runs a closed Linux distro, completing the circle of hypocrisy.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 19, 2012, 21:26 DDI

Breaking: irrelevant Linux zealot thinks Microsoft sucks!  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month
6. Re: Max Payne 3 DLC Next Month Jun 27, 2012, 23:40 DDI

Closed Betas,

Please go fuck yourself. You don't speak for all PC gamers.

18. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 5, 2012, 12:43 DDI

No one uses Media Player to watch DVDs is the reasoning. Microsoft has the telemetry to prove it. Never mind the fact that most OEM's have included DVD playback software for years.  

News Comments > Syndicate Solicits Pirates
11. Re: Syndicate Solicits Pirates Feb 24, 2012, 22:39 DDI

You have won a FREE MOTORBOAT!  

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Next Month; Requirements; XP Issues
19. Re: PC Alan Wake Next Month; Requirements; XP Issues Jan 21, 2012, 11:29 DDI

Kajetan wrote on Jan 21, 2012, 05:41:
That is nice. A gamepad movement which doesnt feel sluggish, crappy and slow. What an achievement to gaming history! We've gone full circle and are now standing at exactly that point ten years ago before devs were forced to make only console games for the dumb masses.

What? There have always been games with horrible controls each generation since the dawn of gaming.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Next Month; Requirements; XP Issues
18. Re: PC Alan Wake Next Month; Requirements; XP Issues Jan 21, 2012, 11:28 DDI

necrosis wrote on Jan 21, 2012, 11:00:
I love how people bother with XP support when its like 10 years old and even MS has stopped supporting it.

Not quite yet but close, April 8th, 2014. No one should be on XP any more unless they have an application that doesn't work on Win7, which is very uncommon in the consumer world.

News Comments > Scrolls Case Headed to Court
3. Re: Scrolls Case Headed to Court Sep 27, 2011, 18:31 DDI

Unfortunately, he has a shit load of money. Instead of just picking a new goddamn name, because literally no one cares about the old one, he is choosing to waste his new found money in court on lawyers.  

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears
8. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 17, 2011, 15:26 DDI

To be honest I didn't realise that Steam had a QA, not after a dev version of Dead Island was released to the public. Does anyone know what the Steam QA amounts to and how it compares to Microsoft's game approval process?

From what I understand, Valve doesn't do the QA. The developer uploads their game and tests the download/install through Steam themselves. That's what I read concerning the Dead Island incident.

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 17, 2011, 01:27 DDI

Metro will not be mandatory.

The Developer preview is for building Metro apps.

Blog post

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 10:26 DDI

Eh, Up All Night is funnier if you have young kids. If you don't have kids or can't remember when you were young, I can see how it'd be terrible.

791 Comments. 40 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo