Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Des

Real Name Des   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DesRed
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description I like playing FPS, RTS and action games. I don't mind playing other games outside my preferences, though.
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2009, 04:20
Total Comments 13 (Suspect)
User ID 54751

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare: Mass Effect 2 Reviews Will Exceed the Original
8. Re: BioWare: Mass Effect 2 Reviews Will Exceed the Original Dec 18, 2009, 02:15 DesRed

The title of this article is a little misleading. Don't know about the others, but to me, it gives the impression of the producer demanding much better reviews for ME2 instead of actually him hoping to get better reviews after the effort the team put in to improve the game from it's predecessor. :p

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2009, 02:17.

"I don't think being interactive gives you fantastic power to change the minds of people and make them do things they'd never think of doing otherwise." -David Cage (Quantic Dream)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Singularity Demo Planned
1. Re: Singularity Demo Planned Jun 17, 2009, 21:49 DesRed

I find this game mildly interesting, but given Raven's track record, I'm not too sure how good it will really be. Good thing they have plans for the demo. Might give it a shot if it is really worth it or not.  
"I don't think being interactive gives you fantastic power to change the minds of people and make them do things they'd never think of doing otherwise." -David Cage (Quantic Dream)

News Comments > Borderlands Trailer
13. Re: Borderlands Trailer Jun 1, 2009, 08:39 DesRed

The cel-shading looks okay to me. Random-generated weapons, on the other hand, is not my cup of tea, even if it goes up till 1000 (Also one of the reason why I am a bit sceptical of this game for now). I wonder why don't they allow you to customise the weapons instead. At least it gives the game some variety.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2009, 08:40.

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Dropped
12. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Dropped Apr 27, 2009, 11:06 DesRed

Can't say I am surprised at this development. Even if you chuck out the controversy surrounding the game, the description given by the devs and some of the screenshots I've seen does come across as kind of derivative.  

News Comments > BioShock 2 Gameplay Movie
40. Re: BioShock 2 Gameplay Movie Apr 12, 2009, 09:36 DesRed

I find Bioshock to be a decent game, albeit overrated by most of the press as the 'Best Game Ever'. I actually find the storytelling method interesting and good, even though I didn't like the ending, but there are parts of the game I didn't like such as the prompt to whack every Big Daddy out there to progress to the next level and even the very fact that the only source of Adam is from the Little Sisters, and that means going one-on-one with a Big Daddy to get them.

I also find some of the weapons unbalanced at times. Projectile weapons require some bullets to take down an enemy but using the wrench with the right tonics allows you to do a one-hit kill on them. The hacking minigame does get bothersome after a while up till the point that I decided to buy auto hack tools just to avoid them.

As for Bioshock 2, can't say that I'm looking forward to it after watching the video as the gameplay doesn't come across as interesting to me.

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 2009, 09:38.

News Comments > On Beyond Good & Evil 2
15. Re: On Beyond Good & Evil 2 Apr 3, 2009, 21:43 DesRed

Hope this game will turn out good. I really liked BG&E.  

News Comments > Game Developer Choice Awards
9. Re: Game Developer Choice Awards Mar 26, 2009, 11:03 DesRed

Fallout 3 win GoTY and Best Writing? What an overrated game.

Looks like whatever Bethseda churns out will end up being 'da BEST!' even though it's just plain average. Rolleyes

News Comments > CryENGINE 3 Movie
6. Re: CryENGINE 3 Movie Mar 26, 2009, 10:52 DesRed

Still looks very similar to CryENGINE 2, if you ask me.

I wonder if it'll be more optimised than it's predecessor, though...

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2009, 10:53.

News Comments > The Last Remnant Demo & Benchmark
4. Re: The Last Remnant Demo & Benchmark Feb 25, 2009, 19:52 DesRed

I installed the benchmark before and got good frame rates, but the weird thing is that there are no sound effects. Confused

Anyway, I'll download the demo. Hope this is a good port.

News Comments > More on the Aliens RPG's Fate
1. Re: More on the Aliens RPG's Fate Feb 25, 2009, 08:42 DesRed

Pity, but I can't say that I am looking forward to it either since I'm not a big fan of Obsidian.  

News Comments > Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena Trailer
3. Re: Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena Trailer Feb 21, 2009, 22:31 DesRed

Escape from Butcher Bay looks and plays decent, so I don't understand why they need to remake it in this game. Besides, wouldn't it be better if it just starts off after the events in Butcher Bay?  

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers
17. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Feb 12, 2009, 00:24 DesRed

I got a problem in the demo where the lights appeared to have their colour extend past the end of the light fitting and into the corridor, but only in weird lines. Has anyone else got this and does it occur in the full version and/or with these drivers?
Didn't encounter that issue in the demo with the current 181.22 driver.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2009, 00:25.

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers
14. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers Feb 11, 2009, 19:46 DesRed

Doubt that I'll download this as I didn't encounter any problems with the F.E.A.R. 2 demo.  

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo