Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for TheVocalMinority

Real Name TheVocalMinority   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname TheVocalMinority
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 1, 2009, 04:01
Total Comments 102 (Novice)
User ID 54734

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Origin Adds Anti-Lawsuit Language to TOS
23. Re: Origin Adds Anti-Lawsuit Language to TOS Sep 24, 2011, 00:17 TheVocalMinority

[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 23:00:
This is a MAJOR REASON TO HATE ORIGIN....

I always assumed this guys was just a stupid COD fanboy rather than a paid stooge, but he has been quite cleverly subtle in this thread so now I'm not so sure.

On topic - interesting info with respect to this nonsense being legally viable in the US now. Not that I live there (nor am I buying BF3 for that matter) however the US government has a way of getting it's dubious laws adopted in other countries via trade agreements and so forth.

Assley Putz
"Was vocalminority assley putzs most recent handle?"
-nin May 16, 2012, 10:52
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games
28. Re: Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games Sep 22, 2011, 09:56 TheVocalMinority

entr0py wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 18:22:

It would be great if Epic to make another game like Unreal, only set in a more interesting and imaginative world.

Wow did you even play the same Unreal as I did? I still rate it as one of my all time favorite games BECAUSE it was such an interesting an imaginative world. I was like the gaming equivalent some of the types of sci-fi stories I enjoy which create a whole different but believable world (for example "Dune" and "To Your Scattered Bodies Go"). I don't think this has been done since, at least not in the sort of games I play.

Yes it didn't have a movie-like plot or cut scenes (a bonus as that would have just got in the way), the really memorable characters were the maps that actually felt like real places rather than a series of corridors - The Sunspire, Bluff Eversmoking and so on.

Assley Putz

News Comments > Syndicate-Inspired Cartel Revealed
23. Re: Syndicate-Inspired Cartel Revealed Sep 22, 2011, 09:39 TheVocalMinority

baltar wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 14:22:
Lobster wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 13:53:
Hey, I have an idea. Maybe EA can make an FPS called "Cartel," and Paradox can make a squad-based RTS called "Syndicate." That work for everyone?

Hey! Stop that! Go take your common sense somewhere else. The world doesn't want any of it.

OOOOOOOkay here's a bit of common sense for you:

It doesn't matter what a game is called as long as it's fun to play.

That fanboys don't seem to realize this is the reason they are getting shat on. This is because as the game has that particular name it means they will go and buy it anyway and thus do not need to be otherwise catered for by the big evil company that just wants to make as much money as possible, who will then just pitch it to drag in as many other punters as possible. Quite a satisfying little karmic circle really...

Assley Putz

News Comments > DICE: PC is Battlefield 3 "Lead Platform"
37. Re: abracadabra Sep 14, 2011, 07:49 TheVocalMinority

Bucky wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 01:06:
Do I like Origin right now? No. It is, however, where I can get BF3, therefor it is installed and BF3 is preordered. While everyone else is whining about a browser-based server browser, or Origin, I'll be playing and having fun.

Everyone whining about a server-based browser will most probably be doing other fun things whilst you are playing BF3 rather than continually whining. But if thinking this makes you feel better about how much you are screwing yourself over by failing to be an assertive consumer then by all means go right ahead.

Assley Putz

News Comments > On Hard Reset DRM
20. Re: On Hard Reset DRM Sep 8, 2011, 02:45 TheVocalMinority

Sempai wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 19:51:
Jesus Christ the constant whining..

Any person with a lick of common sense knows what the guy meant when he made the statement about DRM.
It's a pretty safe bet the reason these guys are using Valve's service is to get it in front of eyeballs, that's it.

But by all means, continue.

Better a whiner than an appologist.

Assley Putz

News Comments > On Origin Data-Mining
41. Valve exceptionalism Aug 24, 2011, 09:24 TheVocalMinority

Yeah go on split those hairs!  
Assley Putz

News Comments > RAGE Using Steamworks
3. Re: RAGE Using Steamworks Aug 12, 2011, 23:42 TheVocalMinority

Welllll no buy for me then!  
Assley Putz

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 30, 2011, 01:39 TheVocalMinority

First Person Shooter 'Red Eclipse - Supernova Edition' Released for Linux

Looks good I'll have to check this out. Cube 2 is OSS from the ground up - not a mod of a commercially developed engine for which the source code has been released.

Assley Putz

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
67. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 28, 2011, 04:05 TheVocalMinority

Jerykk wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 00:04:
The thing that blows my mind after watching the promo vid for this game yesterday is that in that video there was a reference to cybernetic enhancements being turned off at he whim of the corporation that supplied them - essentially a comment on the controlling nature of DRM. And yet the game itself uses DRM - LOL.

You do realize that the Purity First trailer only represents one of the ideologies in the game and that the player doesn't have to agree with it, right?

No I didn't realize that the trailer represented only one of the ideologies in the game, but you already knew that, right?

Assley Putz

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
63. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 23:49 TheVocalMinority

PropheT wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 17:19:
Kajetan wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 14:54:
Anyway, connecting software with DRM to an account has only disadvantages for the customer. There is no benefit in this. When i buy a copy from GOG.com, i "own" that copy because i can do with this copy whatever i want. I can give to friends, i can play it on any computer without hassling with a client and/or internet connection.

I can log in to Steam at home, buy what I want, and then log in on my laptop and install the same game there if I want. No messing around, no DVD's to copy an ISO, simple. If I ever delete it, have a hardware failure, get a new system or whatever, I can just log in to my account and redownload it wherever I want. How is that not a benefit?

That's not a benefit of the DRM, GOG allows all those things as well with no DRM. Ah the joys of cognitive dissonance, although this example isn't nearly as humorous as the comments on the Origins story a couple of days ago.

The thing that blows my mind after watching the promo vid for this game yesterday is that in that video there was a reference to cybernetic enhancements being turned off at he whim of the corporation that supplied them - essentially a comment on the controlling nature of DRM. And yet the game itself uses DRM - LOL.

Although I guess in the end it is no different to a pop music musician singing a sing about how we shouldn't be greedy and learn to live together in harmony on a album published by a RIAA label...

Assley Putz

News Comments > On PC Skyrim
32. Re: On PC Skyrim Jul 7, 2011, 06:39 TheVocalMinority

finga wrote on Jul 6, 2011, 23:42:
Damn, you guys are fucking bitchy tonight.

Sorry all the sloppy blow jobs are in the thread about the oblivion mod, you must have missed it.

Oblivion was a great game, not being used to RPGs I played on a higher difficulty level and it was challenging and great fun. I started a second game on the standard difficulty afterward because there was some obvious weirdness for playing the way I had, and then I could understand what all the whinging was about with respect to the auto leveling.

If this new one doesn't have any horrible DRM I'll buy it ... otherwise HARRRR

<sarcasm> also the idea of letting users modify games it great, I hope this idea catches on with other developers</sarcasm>

Assley Putz

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Has 10 Co-op Maps
13. Re: Battlefield 3 Has 10 Co-op Maps Jun 25, 2011, 10:17 TheVocalMinority

Why exactly do you people think you are going to be modding this game?  
Assley Putz

News Comments > GRID Off the Grid
19. Make bed/lie in it Jun 21, 2011, 08:11 TheVocalMinority

and the bitches are LOVING IT  
Assley Putz

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Starts Shipping
21. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Starts Shipping Jun 10, 2011, 07:17 TheVocalMinority

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 10, 2011, 03:13:
but it is Serious Sam and Postal in 1 game.

So you're saying it's awesome?

Assley Putz

News Comments > Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups
25. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 2, 2011, 07:42 TheVocalMinority

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 21:11:
TheVocalMinority wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 10:07:
OK I raged about the spyware (oh sorry - "wrappers"), the DRM, the servers, but now I'm beyond rage. I've come to...humor...

How much more cock are these dipshits going to take? I'm just finding this to be fucking hilarious.

It will be even more hilarious when this sort of thing proves so popular that it appears in the next BF game...

Apparently quite a bit more cock. I for one and LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. Community features are a good thing dipshit.

Ahhh trolled by Reagle. I feel special now.

Assley Putz

News Comments > Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups
21. Re: Call of Duty: Elite Beta Signups Jun 1, 2011, 10:07 TheVocalMinority

OK I raged about the spyware (oh sorry - "wrappers"), the DRM, the servers, but now I'm beyond rage. I've come to...humor...

How much more cock are these dipshits going to take? I'm just finding this to be fucking hilarious.

It will be even more hilarious when this sort of thing proves so popular that it appears in the next BF game...

Assley Putz

News Comments > Brink Server FAQ, Trailer
5. Re: Brink Server FAQ, Trailer Apr 29, 2011, 05:40 TheVocalMinority

elefunk wrote on Apr 29, 2011, 01:17:
I'm surprised this game has an open dedicated server, actually. I thought Brink would rely on a more closed service since single- and multi-player are somewhat combined. Much like how Bad Company 2 requires a closed service because of persistent stat tracking, where each server needs to be "pure" in a way that they couldn't be if anyone hosted a server.

Perfectly understandable to be surprised if you have drunk the EA Kool-Aid. Unfortunately it's complete BS - BF2 had the same sort of stat tracking and also had freely available dedicated servers.

WRT Brink:
Dedi's - Yay
Steam - Booooo

Assley Putz

News Comments > Avalanche on Piracy, DRM, and Ports
22. Re: Avalanche on Piracy, DRM, and Ports Mar 27, 2011, 00:19 TheVocalMinority

Slashman wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 21:44:
StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 21:14:
elefunk wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 21:09:
To people who still don't like steam, sure it's an irony to a point. But to a developer using it, it's so much more than just DRM. It's a platform that makes it incredibly easy for them to release updates and dlc, track sales down to the instant, and quickly give discounts with. All that infrastructure is incredibly difficult and expensive for a developer to build from scratch, so getting it for free with Steamworks is very enticing even without the drm aspect coming up. There's also things like cloud settings and saves that help customers, which would be even more difficult to do without Steamworks.

If they didn't care about the DRM they could make Steam an optional install for online features like a few games have done in the past.

I'd say for Just Cause 2 it was likely that Steamworks gave them the means to do what they wanted without having to do a lot of stuff from scratch. Things like Achievements and online saves etc. Those things might not matter to some people...but that's a separate thing.

I don't think anyone with any common sense is going to argue that Steamworks isn't essentially DRM. I just think that we're past the point where most people find Steam as intrusive as any of the other DRM solutions out there.

Most people(myself included) just don't find it to be a detriment.

If that is the case, then making a separate non-Steam version doesn't really make any sense. It would only be a concern to a few people(like yourself) who are Steam-wary and would rather not have your games associated with it.

I must not have any common sense then. Sorry if but you want me to buy your came don't use steam or any of it's ilk.

Assley Putz

News Comments > Brink Class Trailer, EU Preorder Bonuses
10. Re: Brink Class Trailer, EU Preorder Bonuses Mar 16, 2011, 09:12 TheVocalMinority

What's the DRM on this?
Steamworks?
GFWL?

Assley Putz

News Comments > On Battlefield 3 PC 3D Support
11. Re: On Battlefield 3 PC 3D Support Mar 11, 2011, 05:57 TheVocalMinority

Don't care gimmie LAN support you fuckers  
Assley Putz