Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 007Bistromath

Real Name 007Bistromath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2009, 05:44
Total Comments 165 (Novice)
User ID 54732

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > BF2143 Hinted?
20. Re: BF2143 Hinted? Dec 19, 2011, 13:39 007Bistromath

Matshock wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 13:10:
BF2142 had pretty rigid teamplay mechanics that most people didn't seem to get.

It certainly won't work without easy in-game squad VOIP.

Plus the maps sucked.

I'm skeptical...

That's pretty bogus, simply because it was very rare for anyone to use the in-game VOIP. The game did indeed have a much tighter emphasis on teamplay than BF3, but it also had a frankly more intelligent playerbase that could more or less figure out what it was supposed to do most of the time using the commo rose and help from the commander. The latter is a very important part of that equation, even if it wasn't always actually used. Having a decent commander was nearly as much of an advantage as having a competent pilot in other iterations of the series. (BF3 excepted, since that's blissfully been somewhat democratized.) I very much hope that 2143 isn't just a dicktease, and I'll buy it in any case. But I'm going to be highly disappointed if they continue to leave the commander/assets out of it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Stacking Plans
5. Re: PC Stacking Plans Dec 16, 2011, 13:32 007Bistromath

THIS IS DELICIOUS! YES! YES!  

News Comments > Blizzard Introduces BattleTags
12. Re: Blizzard Introduces BattleTags Dec 16, 2011, 13:27 007Bistromath

Holy shit. You can pick a name and people will be able to find you with it? Next we'll have flying cars!  

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Plans?
4. Re: PC Alan Wake Plans? Dec 13, 2011, 10:31 007Bistromath

Oh, so they're bringing it back to the PC? Do you suppose it will actually have all the DX11 crap it was supposed to?

Honestly, I expect them to just declare it a console-exclusive again, and I will care about it exactly that much either way. I didn't hear a single good thing about it anyway.

News Comments > Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced
8. Re: Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced Dec 8, 2011, 23:29 007Bistromath

Quboid wrote on Dec 8, 2011, 21:09:
I am so sick of these games, first dozens of WW2 games, then loads of modern warfare titles, now endless French Indochina War ones. Is there no originality??
Would you like to play a Revolutionary War shooter? Rate of fire expressed in rounds per hour! Woo!

There's just not a whole lot of interesting places to go with shooting if you're staying on Earth and out of the future.

News Comments > Free Game: Stealth Bastard
2. Re: Free Game: Stealth Bastard Nov 6, 2011, 16:31 007Bistromath

Why blow such hype on something that should've been on Armor games?  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Announcement
23. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 12:57 007Bistromath

I hope they bring back some of the San Andreas mechanics. That might make the series interesting again.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40K MMOG's "Flexible" Business Model
4. Re: Warhammer 40K MMOG's "Flexible" Business Model Nov 3, 2011, 12:53 007Bistromath

Huh. So Americans will pay a subscription to play what Chinese gold farmers play as a freemium shit heap. Awesome.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted?
15. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted? Oct 24, 2011, 17:22 007Bistromath

MoH, last installment was short, flawed and expensive

It never occurred to me to compare the last MoH to the life of a harlequin baby like that, but it totally fits!

News Comments > Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted?
13. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Hinted? Oct 24, 2011, 17:16 007Bistromath

Finally, a shooter sequel that's honest about being a complete waste of money. The industry has needed this for a while.  

News Comments > Subversion on Hold, New Introversion Project Revealed
4. Re: Subversion on Hold, New Introversion Project Revealed Oct 18, 2011, 12:55 007Bistromath

I wish more companies were this honest about their mistakes before releasing something. Communication like this is one of the many reasons I'll pretty much always buy anything Introversion makes.  

News Comments > PC Costume Quest Released
5. Re: PC Costume Quest Released Oct 15, 2011, 18:51 007Bistromath

Wake me when they unshackle Stacking.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Battles Were Outsourced
7. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Battles Were Outsourced Sep 19, 2011, 21:39 007Bistromath

What goddamn planet are these people from that "outsourcing boss battles" even sounded like a fucking comprehensible idea?  

News Comments > Diablo III Lag-Free?
24. Re: Diablo III Lag-Free? Sep 14, 2011, 12:58 007Bistromath

Wouldn't this completely screw up PvP? Not that I ever cared about PvP in D2, but I know lots of people did.  

News Comments > Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic
11. Re: Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic Sep 13, 2011, 17:10 007Bistromath

Blue wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 16:13:
007Bistromath wrote on Sep 13, 2011, 16:06:
Wait, won't this get the game canned? Lucas is a homophobe who has long and staunchly maintained that homosexuality does not exist in his galaxy.

I've never heard that. And if that's true it makes the casting of Hayden Christiansen a little odd, because if he's not gay, there are still certainly enough rumors about him to put off a real homophobe.

Upon googling, I have an explanation: there was a big fuss about some statement that there are no gays in Star Wars a while back. However, that was apparently made by some random mod, and was soon reversed.

Add that to some knee-jerking that had a bunch of people generating conspiracy theory-style junk about how Lucas himself was the source of this, and you get the mix up in my original post.

So, it won't get canned over this. Oops.

News Comments > Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic
5. Re: Same-Gender Relationships a Post-Launch Feature in The Old Republic Sep 13, 2011, 16:06 007Bistromath

Wait, won't this get the game canned? Lucas is a homophobe who has long and staunchly maintained that homosexuality does not exist in his galaxy.  

News Comments > Dead Island Patched
5. Re: Dead Island Patched Sep 6, 2011, 22:10 007Bistromath

This is why developers, regardless of how good they are, should not be in charge of QA. They won't. They think like scientists, so they'll say "we'll get much more useful data from asking thousands of customers for their crash reports anyway."  

News Comments > No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3
59. Re: No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3 Aug 31, 2011, 19:53 007Bistromath

space captain wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 18:10:
theyve got destructible environments, why not player models too? with fully rendered entrails - im talking every internal organ and all blood particle fx measured down to the last fluid oz
That kind of stuff is only allowed for WWII games. If a war game set in the current conflict showed what actually happened to soldiers in it, it'd be bad for the military's PR.

News Comments > Uncut RAGE for Germany, DOOM and DOOM II No Longer Indexed
9. Re: Uncut RAGE for Germany, DOOM and DOOM II No Longer Indexed Aug 31, 2011, 19:44 007Bistromath

Overon wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 14:51:
I have a passing familiarity with the strict German anti human violence in video game laws. How exactly did they accomplish this? Did germany's definition change or did they have to censor something? They claim they didn't censor so the definition changed? I want to know the details!
Personally I think "Bethesda did it" is all we need to know here. Bethesda, and by extension Zenimax, are much bigger than id. Therefore, corruption.

News Comments > No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3
17. Re: No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3 Aug 31, 2011, 11:14 007Bistromath

“That doesn’t mean that I don’t want people to feel that war is not good,… We are trying to do something that is more mature. Mature not being gore –some people confuse the two. That’s childish actually, to want more blood.”

Meanwhile, it is totally not childish at all to portray a home-team soldier as an unambiguous hero who always obeys a code of honor.

165 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo