Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 007Bistromath

Real Name 007Bistromath   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 31, 2009, 05:44
Total Comments 165 (Novice)
User ID 54732

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > DOTA TM Controversy
12. Re: DOTA TM Controversy Aug 17, 2010, 17:06 007Bistromath

This is paranoia. We're talking about Valve, here. They are the reason mod communities have not been totally marginalized in this industry.

If anything, Valve taking on the project to make a standalone game out of it will make it more free to the public. I neither have nor want Warcraft III, so I've never touched DotA. I barely know what it is. When Valve does their thing, there's at the very least going to be a demo, and that will give me a reason to think about it at all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Drops Ubisoft DRM
3. Re: R.U.S.E. Drops Ubisoft DRM Aug 11, 2010, 18:53 007Bistromath

We need to kick them until they do this for AC2.  

News Comments > Infinity Ward: No MP MW2 Payments
17. Re: Infinity Ward: No MP MW2 Payments Jul 20, 2010, 08:54 007Bistromath

Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2010, 00:17:
And I'm not here to "Tell it like it is," I'm just asking you guys use a tiny bit of common sense. Just a shred.
The thing is, we're not being anti-corporate here, we're refusing to put our trust in a known liar. I'll give you that it's unlikely they'll try to charge for MW2 MP, since I'm pretty sure it would technically be breach of contract. The thing is, gamers as a whole have a long history of getting ass-raped by huge devs and doing absolutely nothing about it, and nobody is as good as capitalizing on this as Activision. You can't put anything past them, even if it is not exactly probable, and Robert Bowling is definitely the last person it makes sense to listen to. The man would say that golf balls are square if he thought it would make Activision any money.

12. Re: Infinity Ward: No MP MW2 Payments Jul 19, 2010, 23:47 007Bistromath

Beamer = BeameR = BR = RB = Robert Bowling?!?!? COINCIDENCE I THINK NOT  

6. Re: Infinity Ward: No MP MW2 Payments Jul 19, 2010, 21:47 007Bistromath

These are comforting words from a trustworthy source.  

News Comments > More on Blizzard's Real ID
26. Re: More on Blizzard's Real ID Jul 6, 2010, 18:30 007Bistromath

This is gonna be great news for anyone named John Smith.  

News Comments > Steam Painkiller Resurrection Map
1. Re: Steam Painkiller Resurrection Map Jun 11, 2010, 02:56 007Bistromath

Reading that Resurrection is being updated somehow only makes me more pissed off that I actually paid money for it. The people responsible for it should've been thrown down a well by now.  

News Comments > Portal: Prelude Support Ends
19. Re: Portal: Prelude Support Ends May 23, 2010, 00:58 007Bistromath

So, other companies give away their SDKs alot? That's weird, all I hear these days is damn near everyone not even bothering to release one at all. I know that some are free, but those are for games that absolutely nobody cares about mods for. There's really only one company that makes a decent SDK, and that's Valve. Woah! Wonder if that has anything to do with why they consider it to be the lynchpin of their business model which they are therefore not willing to give away for free! That is a concept.  

News Comments > Epic on Piracy and PCs
26. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 17, 2010, 13:45 007Bistromath

Paketep wrote on May 17, 2010, 13:37:
Why is it that every time I read something from Capps, Rein or CliffyB I end up thinking if they have some kind of contest to see who can make the stupidest comment about PC?
That's hardly fair. CliffyB's only real competition for general dipshittery in the games industry is 402.

News Comments > Epic on Piracy and PCs
21. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 17, 2010, 13:37 007Bistromath

it killed a lot of great independent developers

[citation needed]

Speaking for myself, I own several indie titles that I never would've considered spending money on if I hadn't pirated them first.

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Public Beta Preloads
3. Re: R.U.S.E. Public Beta Preloads Mar 6, 2010, 09:51 007Bistromath

This is an historic moment, gentlemen. R.U.S.E will be the first game ever to be easier to play in beta than after release. Interesting times, indeed!  

News Comments > Kotick Explains Activision Missteps
6. Re: Kotick Explains Activision Missteps Feb 19, 2010, 00:04 007Bistromath

Why hasn't this man been assassinated yet? Somebody needs to get on the motherfucker.  

News Comments > No PC Dead Space 2
5. Re: No PC Dead Space 2 Feb 8, 2010, 21:16 007Bistromath

$10 says they got a bunch of money dropped on them to make it Sony-exclusive.  

News Comments > Valve on Steam Growth
10. Re: Valve on Steam Growth Jan 29, 2010, 14:45 007Bistromath

I can't understand the people complaining about Steam pricing in this thread. They just charge basically what everyone else does. Sometimes Steam lags a bit on price cuts, but I'll gladly pay more for a Steam title, because I consider a game that I don't need to worry about losing the disc for to be a valuable thing, and Valve is the one company with this kind of DRM that I actually trust to open up the system if/when they fold. Aside from that, sales, sometimes ridiculous sales, are much more common on Steam than through any other retailer I'm aware of, and I rarely miss them because all I have to do to find out about most of them is log in.  

News Comments > Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of
1. Re: Call of Duty 7 Rumor, Sort-of Jan 6, 2010, 15:34 007Bistromath

If this one doesn't have dedicated servers, we should dress like period hippies and chant "hell no, we won't go" outside Treyarch's offices.

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2010, 15:35.

News Comments > More Borderlands DLC Hints
1. Re: More Borderlands DLC Hints Dec 8, 2009, 22:14 007Bistromath

I'll be more interested when I have a reason to believe Gearbox is actually going to release the first DLC for the PC, other than the fact that they swear they will, honest, they mean it.  

News Comments > AvP Refused Classification In Australia
16. Re: AvP Refused Classification In Australia Dec 4, 2009, 12:36 007Bistromath

It's pretty great how I've seen "refused classification in Australia" so many times that my mind now automatically changes it to "is totally awesome and you should buy it."  

News Comments > Borderlands' Firm Street Dates
11. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 14:02 007Bistromath

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This isn't just bullshit, it's doublethink. "We could not possibly get the games into stores worldwide and out for digital distribution any earlier than planned." My god. My fucking god. This is nothing less than willful ignorance of their own sales process. Digital distribution does not have things to send. The entire press release amounts to a side-of-the-mouth admission that there is absolutely no legitimate reason people who have the game already, particularly me, because Steam was pre-loading the fucker yesterday, cannot play it yet.

God dammit fuck this, I'm going to the moon.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2009, 14:04.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 PC Specs
13. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 PC Specs Oct 22, 2009, 23:43 007Bistromath

I'm pretty sure this isn't the full list. Min spec should include a T1 line.  

News Comments > Saw a Steam Exclusive
2. Re: Saw a Steam Exclusive Oct 18, 2009, 13:53 007Bistromath

I think I can deal with Steam being the game industry's version of "straight-to-DVD." :V  

165 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo