Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7956 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 5, 2014, 15:51 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 13:25:
NKD wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 13:11:
Quboid wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 12:49:
Are any of you guys who are enjoying ME:SoM using KB&M? I don't like using my controller with third person games and the Batman series didn't 'feel' quite right with KB&M.

I'm using keyboard and mouse. Feels very responsive compared to Batman, at least to me.

Good. Any mouse smoothing, acceleration or other port symptoms?

It has EXTREME mouse acceleration that can not be toggled off ;/ (Source, Steam forums)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

General Discussion > White House Security
2. Re: White House Security Oct 5, 2014, 08:36 eRe4s3r

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 19:45:
Does anyone else find it ridiculously bad that the dude was able to get into the 3rd room of the White House? Explain to me what other Nation lets ANYONE even NEAR their President like that? Explain to me why he wasn't dropped after about 10 feet over the fence? Then he "overpowered" a female CIA agent? wow.....

What am I missing?

(doesn't matter to me if the Prez was there or not, had the guy had a bomb strapped to his chest, he would have damn near taken down a part of the building. Good job guys....good job - just gave the bad guys a ton of ideas and showed them how easy it is to take down our leader)

The scary part is not that Obama could be killed, the scary part is who his second in command is.....

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 5, 2014, 08:32 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 18:21:
Maybe they have stock on companies that will provide protection against these usb hacks.

no computer that you want to remain secure should have publicly accessible usb ports, banks sometimes have courtesy terminals and don't house the cpu in a locked cabinet. That's a pretty big mistake.

USB shouldn't even be on any platform in a security relevant environment. Public agencies here all run thin clients, with 1 (really weirdly sanitized) USB port. Since it runs via some unix via samaba to network to windows usb mounting voodoo I doubt hacked firmware can execute anything.

Now you can not buy ANY device or cable related to USB anymore for fear someone integrated the hack in the plug. And how would you protect your home pc from such an attack? How would you even KNOW when it is fixed?

In a way these 2 people are terrorists. They just damaged an vital computing infrastructure just for their ego. You don't release an vulnerability that has no fix on github. (No fix, ever, because it is an API problem. If they fix it the next USB will be incompatible with all other USB ports)

So thank you Adam Caudill and Brandon Wilson for introducing YET ANOTHER security nightmare into the computer world. Responsible disclosure my ass.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
28. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 5, 2014, 05:14 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 22:34:
The persistent online personal servers are in the link/update.

But not about OFFLINE persistence

News Comments > Game Reviews
16. Re: Game Reviews Oct 4, 2014, 20:08 eRe4s3r

Fantaz wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 14:15:
5.9?! wtf...

It's colonial marines all over again

Also haven't we been saying this all along? How can a game like this be 10 to 20 hours? There is only 1 alien, and they sure as fuck can't code a properly fun AI for that, with wall walk and ceiling hangs and all that. (and more to the point, in the dark ship you'd never even see the damn thing coming if they got the AI right)

So depending on the situation, they either have good AI then it sucks because of manual checkpoint saves ie you will die, constantly, or they have bad AI and it sucks because it's not scary. You can not make this game in any way not suck, it's by design.

And I don't ever play games that are not designed to be FUN. Fun as in, not being stupidly frustrating by design. Also hiding from 1 Alien on 1 ship for 20+ hours... is not what I call a smart-gameplay decision Even if they added robots and humans as bullet/resource sponges....

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
16. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 4, 2014, 19:56 eRe4s3r

All I care about.. is something they haven't touched yet at all.. Squadron 42 will be SP.. but what about a stand-alone OFFLINE persistent sandbox?  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Charlemagne Expansion This Month
8. Re: rusader Kings II Charlemagne Expansion This Month Oct 4, 2014, 18:32 eRe4s3r

Quickly, someone make a game called Rusader Ings  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Oct 4, 2014, 16:42 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 16:14:
Intel is taking a side, against SJWs.

More against Gamasutra and their unprofessional bullshit. They even say it's not choosing a side, it's because of site-wide misconduct

26. Re: Game Reviews Oct 3, 2014, 18:27 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 11:06:
Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 10:10:
Prez wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 09:56:
The four reviews posted are on the four sites I swore off forever. No clicks for you!

Same here.

Agreed. I wonder if each of them reviewed it separately, but I'm not clicking and supporting those SJW sites.

It would be nice if we could get fewer links from the sites that hate gamers.

The 4 sites I never click on ever again Youtube let's plays or first looks are the only reviews for me anyway....

News Comments > The Evil Within Minimum Specs
34. Re: The Evil Within Minimum Specs Oct 3, 2014, 16:36 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 14:52:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 14:15:
It will be the end of me if i ever get a cap, i average 4tb down a month (thats a slow month).

What on earth uses that much bandwidth? Are you streaming 4K 24-7?

Heh I barely reach 300gb a month with a few 720p streams and plenty of steam downloads.. that's a heavy usage month for me... It's not outlandish to get to 1tb with 1080p HQ streaming I guess.. but 4TB?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2014, 14:23 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 13:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 13:00:
Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:13:
Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:10:
Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 11:37:
Comcast pizza party... I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad. At least they apparently sprung for good pizza. I would have fully expected Comcast to show up with 2 small, plain cheese pizzas from Cici's or something.

They haven't done this in my building yet because my building doesn't have CondoInternet. The one I was supposed to move into did, but I switched to this one at the last minute since it has a ridiculous view, but no CondoInternet. Apparently I'm the only one bugging the leasing office.

I find it funny that they mention X1 at the end. I would love X1, but you can't get it out here without also getting landline. Guess what, Comcast: no one in an apartment in this part of Seattle has a fucking landline. No one in this neighborhood is over 60.

You would trade gigabit internet for a good view? Shame on you! ^^

I look North and I see the Space Needle about 500 yards away, look West and see the Puget Sound sprawling out about 500 yards away, and look South and see Mt. Rainer in the distance.

It's pretty awesome and I'm going to miss it when I leave Seattle.

I guess I have the simple problem of understanding what the POINT of a good view out a window is. Doesn't enrich my life one bit...

Waking up to floor to ceiling windows with a view of the most notable features of your city with sunlight spilling in everywhere is really great.

Gigabyte internet, on the other hand, rarely seems like it'd be better than the 50mbps I'm getting now, as I'm usually limited by the server, not my connection.

I am stuck at 6mbit

News Comments > ArcheAge Hits 2M Players
18. Re: ArcheAge Hits 2M Players Oct 3, 2014, 13:13 eRe4s3r

Yakubs wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:54:
Really fun game. The questing in the beginning is annoying and tedious but once you get past that, it really opens up.

IMO the fact that there are hacks and crazy shit going on just makes the game more fun. We're living in a world where our corporate overlords like Blizzard and EA keep tight control over everything we do in-game so it's nice to play a game like this again. It's just a video game after all, not your real life.

But you are wasting your real life playing this ,) So it is real life

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2014, 13:00 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:13:
Comcast pizza party... I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad. At least they apparently sprung for good pizza. I would have fully expected Comcast to show up with 2 small, plain cheese pizzas from Cici's or something.

They haven't done this in my building yet because my building doesn't have CondoInternet. The one I was supposed to move into did, but I switched to this one at the last minute since it has a ridiculous view, but no CondoInternet. Apparently I'm the only one bugging the leasing office.

I find it funny that they mention X1 at the end. I would love X1, but you can't get it out here without also getting landline. Guess what, Comcast: no one in an apartment in this part of Seattle has a fucking landline. No one in this neighborhood is over 60.

I look North and I see the Space Needle about 500 yards away, look West and see the Puget Sound sprawling out about 500 yards away, and look South and see Mt. Rainer in the distance.

It's pretty awesome and I'm going to miss it when I leave Seattle.

I guess I have the simple problem of understanding what the POINT of a good view out a window is. Doesn't enrich my life one bit...

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2014, 12:13 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 3, 2014, 12:11 eRe4s3r

So how do these hackers think an established wide spread standard HARDWARE can be fixed? With that release they put about 2 billion devices in danger of being hacked. These people should go jail.  

News Comments > The Evil Within Minimum Specs
13. Re: The Evil Within Minimum Specs Oct 3, 2014, 12:03 eRe4s3r

Not a single game ever looked amazing with motion blur .. I always disable that crap ;p  

10. Re: Game Reviews Oct 3, 2014, 04:04 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 19:09:
And it is also reasonable that some of us will wait for a hardcore Alpha Centauri conversion mod for BE. That would be my dream come true.

If it doesn't exist for CIV5 then it will not exist for CIV:BE

That said

http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?68830-Conflict-on-Chiron-Discussion

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Delayed
15. Re: Pillars of Eternity Delayed Oct 3, 2014, 04:00 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 20:19:
killer_roach wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 20:07:
Cutter wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 19:13:
Obsidian is behind schedule. Gee...what a surprise.

Considering what happens when they try to hit an imposed deadline... I'm fine with a delay. (Alpha Protocol, Fallout New Vegas, and KotOR 2 all say hi.)

Exactly. Them taking their time is the best option.

Indeed... takes as long as it takes

News Comments > Stardock Fantasy Game Announcement Today
12. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 2, 2014, 18:07 eRe4s3r

gilly775 wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 17:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 17:24:
NegaDeath wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:56:
UConnBBall wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:42:
Gal Civ 3 for $99 early access now that is just down right crazy!

Keep in mind for that price that you get all future dlc and expansions for free. The high price is more like buying the game and a complete season pass. If they follow through their promise to release Dark Avatar/Arnor style expansions plus smaller DLC you'll be breaking even or possibly saving money in the long run.

"If" being the key word.

Or you just wait until next years steam summer sale so that you can save money with guarantee There is no reason to pre-order games.

Unless you actually want to play them and they're EA

Hehe, true But if you want to play them you can of course pre-order them.. I meant there is no point to pre-order if you want to possibly save money. Waiting is always cheaper.

News Comments > Stardock Fantasy Game Announcement Today
10. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 2, 2014, 17:24 eRe4s3r

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:56:
UConnBBall wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:42:
Gal Civ 3 for $99 early access now that is just down right crazy!

Keep in mind for that price that you get all future dlc and expansions for free. The high price is more like buying the game and a complete season pass. If they follow through their promise to release Dark Avatar/Arnor style expansions plus smaller DLC you'll be breaking even or possibly saving money in the long run.

"If" being the key word.

Or you just wait until next years steam summer sale so that you can save money with guarantee There is no reason to pre-order games.

7956 Comments. 398 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo