Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6658 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
28. Re: First depressions Nov 15, 2013, 12:27 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 12:06:
Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 11:17:
Apparently there's a 1.5 GB patch coming.

That'll be the voice and video patch I heard about, which I'd hope fixes eRe4s3r's Deutsch problem. Hopefully there's also a load of fixes in there.

It seems that the longer a game is in development for, the more rushed it is...

Sure seems like it ;/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: First depressions Nov 15, 2013, 11:26 eRe4s3r

Oh I have no doubt they are gonna fix it.. but I think I've had it.

Every, single, god damn game I bought lately has been a complete disaster on release. This can not go on like this. It is unacceptable.

Of course, it's my own damn fault AS USUAL for supporting games from developers that I loved (once).

Maybe I should have seen the signs, no early reviews, long NDA...

This is it. I am done with buying games before they are out and tested and reviewed. Seriously, fuck this shit. I am getting too old for these experiences.

Hopefully Project Eternity will be a better experience when it comes out.... because this is now one of the few games I am still waiting for... sigh.

9. Re: First depressions Nov 15, 2013, 11:14 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 11:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 11:01:
Beta testers apparently never tried saving during that intro story?

Their beta testers have always been worthless. It's just people from the community who sign up for an NDA, but instead of actively trying to find bugs, they just want to play early.

Anyway, it sounds like the X3 launch all over again, but they had most of the egregious performance issues fixed with a day 1 patch. It's a small studio, they basically test out in the wild.

Btw, my preload added about 100 megs last night, so I wonder if they'd already released a patch and chucked it into the preload? Did you get an extra download last night?

edit : Btw, Egosoft's forum is getting HAMMERED. It won't even load for me. Heh.

Mhh I am sure I have the latest patch (day 0 patch etc) because I Switched language to English, this is another thing I forgot to mention, German Audio is completely broken, which is a huge joke considering it's a german studio and 90% of their customers are german. It's gonna be a field day for gaming press here.

Also, in-game font is blurry and way too small, and sometimes (not sure exactly what causes this) the in-game font is even distorted and somehow corrupted, so you can't read anything.. hah ;p

5. First depressions Nov 15, 2013, 11:01 eRe4s3r

Mhhhh

Ok my first impressions are pretty damn disastrous.

1) The game crashed while saving which just lost me a good hour of gameplay, fucking classic! Beta testers apparently never tried saving during that intro story?

2) Performance is pretty terrible, and I am not talking in space with 5000 ships, I am talking on stations, down to 15 fps at some places (also in space in certain areas) like areas where there is absolutely nothing on screen except some rocks!

3) One of the first things I encountered was a GUI bug, where I was stuck in a info screen (alt tabbing out and back in fixed that)

4) Another GUI bug, i managed to break animations somehow, so the entire cockpit didn't work anymore (no info, no map, nothing ,p)

5) The game does NOT have a 64bit executable and does NOT utilize 64bit (so what the hell where those recommended specs for?) The game also at no point uses more than 2.7GB Ram, which is obvious, it is a 32bit application....

So if you held out so far, wait a few months...

Now on to gameplay

I have no idea about gameplay, because as I wrote in 1, the game crashed while saving, so now I have the pleasure of redoing half the intro ~.~ There is also no proper map anymore which makes flying around pretty confusing. Although travel is mostly pretty quick. (And yes, I know there is a sector/Galaxy etc map, the problem is it's 4 layers deep in the GUI, not on cockpit display!)

You can find some neat stuff if you explore the stations though ;p

So anyway, my first impressions are depressions.

Also regarding Steam posts, no running from a high end SSD does not fix shit (except load times and stutter when you enter new sector, the performance issue is a FPS issue, and I mean hard-lag) which does not affect the mouse curser, but the ship and the universe (so CPU issue? but none of my cores run at 100% !)

I am also gonna say it, the cockpit is a disaster, they added an extremely annoying cockpit window distortion so that you can't see at the borders of the console. Secondly, enemy icons don't travel at the screen edges (where you could see them) but rather along the very edge outline of the cockpit. Which means your enemy icons are dancing the booga on your cockpit dashboard. Which is extremely, and utterly, confusing in combat. (Because those icons are very close to where you are actually aiming)

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2013, 11:22.

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
56. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:22 eRe4s3r

Of course

It's so rare to have peeps here follow a game release in real time hehe... sadly my pipe is slow as hell and I am still not done downloading dat mega patch, but soon ! (5 to 10 minutes ~.~ )

And yeah, video and audio mostly. Easy to see how that can make a day 0 patch huge.

by the way, I don't think "a few hours" are going to be enough to gauge this. In old x games it took many hours to see the "smoke and mirror" behind the "simulation" when you had your factories built and huge fleets.

Ps. 20 seconds... hah ;p

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2013, 07:27.

51. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:09 eRe4s3r

Bhruic wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 07:03:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 07:00:
Well you know where I am now (Or would be, if Steam was actually instant in unlocking things.. hehe)

Yeah, it's not unlocking yet, despite Steam showing it as "now available"...

Mine just started unlocking/decrypting and downloading the last pieces About 40% done (last piece is 800mb hehe...)

47. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:04 eRe4s3r

Steam hasn't unlocked it yet ~.~

(seriously though, it's usually another 5 to 10 minutes that it takes for "preload" status to update.

44. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 07:00 eRe4s3r

Bhruic wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 06:57:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 06:54:
6 more minutes...... hehe

Oh, good, I'm not the only one counting down!

Well you know where I am now (Or would be, if Steam was actually instant in unlocking things.. hehe)

42. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 15, 2013, 06:54 eRe4s3r

6 more minutes...... hehe  

40. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 23:53 eRe4s3r

D4rkKnight wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 19:10:
ItBurn wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 18:17:
Maybe this new game is like that, but I highly doubt it! The original games had NO real exploration. All sectors looked and played the same, they just had stations selling different goods... (I'm generalizing, but it's basically the truth)

I felt this way about X3 in general. They had over 100 sectors devoid of anything interesting. Every mod kept adding more and more sectors and each one of them was as bland as the next.

I love that they really downsized and, based on the videos, the sectors in this new one look very spectacular and unique. I could never understand why almost every fan of this series just wants 1000's of sectors - I would rather have a smaller unique universe where every location feels special then a large universe full of copy-pasted sectors.

I kept trying to find mods that did this for X3 but nobody cared to go in this direction except the developers.

Believe me, x fans did not want 1000 more sectors.. the sector system with the retarded gates was one of the most hated parts of the X series ;p

News Comments > Next Car Game Trailer
2. Re: Next Car Game Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 23:52 eRe4s3r

Serious lack of dust, metal pieces, explosions and sparks though... I really hope they don't wanna make the damage modeling realistic, but rather FLATOUT 2 style (bombastic ,p)

That they support da wheel makes me very happy though.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2013, 00:08.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2013, 22:52 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 19:43:
I'll accept that corporations are people when they start going to prison for breaking the law like everyone else.

I would already accept that if I could punch em... because some companies simply need a good spanking.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 22:41 eRe4s3r

Fion wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 20:54:
Can't you also build an armada of followers? I don't mind flying just one ship if it's highly upgradable and I can send minions out to trade, mine, fight, etc.

Yeah that's how it is going to work You can hire people that do jobs for you, and captains that work for you and fly your massive cap ships. They'll do what you tell them to do and that even without you being there to tell them exactly. So you can order your mining vessels to "go there, mine stuff then bring it to my factory" and they will do that. If you tell squad of fighters to "defend the mining vessel" they will defend it until you stop the order.

+ you can find stuff on the stations and ships you can dock with, people that want to work for you, or jobs you can do for people. Traders and wares, and probably even some more unique stuff. So exploration should pay off.

We'll see in a few hours whether that's true or not, but I am hyped...

6. Re: X Rebirth Launch Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 10:11 eRe4s3r

patience...

Tomorrow it's going to be a landrush of reviews and first impressions no doubt... you can still buy it then ,p

News Comments > Cyan's Obduction Kickstarted
3. Re: Cyan's Obduction Kickstarted Nov 14, 2013, 08:05 eRe4s3r

It's a sign that the end-times are approaching  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Redshirt
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 06:07 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 06:02:
Wasn't this in alpha like a month ago?

=-Rigs-=

You don't need much of an alpha for something that is essential a game where you play using "facebook" in space. Addictive... but also Facebook. And you'd have to pay me to use facebook, in game or otherwise

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
31. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 04:33 eRe4s3r

Bhruic wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 23:34:
Fion wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 23:30:
Stream usually does Noon pst.

Really? Ugh, I hope they don't wait that long, I have to go out that night.

Game unlocks 15th 13:00 GMT +1 according to dev on forums. Steam counter is irrelevant, devs can trigger unlock whenever they want.

But I am not sure this applies to all the game versions and regions.

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
30. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 14, 2013, 04:30 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 03:17:
Bhruic wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 03:05:
Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 01:14:
They had joystick support in X2 and it was pretty broken. Lots of complaints about stuff not working, patches breaking things, etc. So if I'm not mistaken, they took joystick support out of X3. I honestly have no idea if it's back in or not (or never left.)

They didn't take joystick support out - that's how I played all of the X games. Never had a problem using the joystick either, even with X2. Not sure if I just got lucky or not, but I'd never try playing it with kb/m.

Yeah but if strafing is a control method, I cant see how that would work with a joystick well...or actually at all?? Wouldnt this lead to combat that would basically be two spacecraft circle-strafing and facing each other ALL the time and holding down the fire button. Dunno sounds kind of fucked up and stupid in an open space game, but what the hell do I know...

Not pre-ordering, resisting the urge. Waiting for some comments on here at least first.

Tomorrow you will have your reviews

that said, there are joysticks that have rotation functions aside from the normal directional axis.... though maybe you want to bind strafe to pedals? That'd be kinda neat actually. Though you'd still have to manage thrust.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SimCity Cities of Tomorrow
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Nov 12, 2013, 21:35 eRe4s3r

Best thing is they still have fixed nothing, and added new bugs in patch 8 ~.~

k, they fixed that you can build mega cities without shops and industry ;p

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2013, 21:53.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SimCity Cities of Tomorrow
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Nov 12, 2013, 21:06 eRe4s3r

Don't... buy... it...  

6658 Comments. 333 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo