Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7190 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Jet Car Stunts
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Jet Car Stunts May 2, 2014, 01:05 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on May 1, 2014, 19:37:
Yeah... or you can just play Trackmania for free.

But this has a better name

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 2, 2014, 00:59 eRe4s3r

As a hardcore browser user I find the new update to be... totally harmless...

But 1 thing...

Why the heck is right click menu and menu-menu not the same style. What retard coded THAT? Now I can have the Windows 8 experience in Firefox, always nice (not)

In fact, why doesn't right click menu have icons... only addons have items... firefox functions don't.. the heck?

News Comments > ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech
3. Re: ZeniMax vs. Oculus and Carmack on VR Tech May 1, 2014, 15:04 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on May 1, 2014, 15:00:
Everybody wants a little piece of the pie

Wonder if Zenimax realizes that they just entered a PR minefield that could lead to massive backlash against the company itself....

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 1, 2014, 14:31 eRe4s3r

cento wrote on May 1, 2014, 14:23:
Yeah, as far as the original offended customer? A refund was totally the con's call - refund, don't refund her - whatever. As soon the guy in charge took the private customer request for public bullying on his facebook site though... Wow, way to go dude.

And it looks like the his solution now is to just delete all posts from anyone upset over what happened - just whitewashing it and hoping it will go away.

Which is kinda sad because it sure is true that the CON's and cosplayers in general if not a strong enforcement of rules is in place get pushed into sexism clichés.

And it's people like that rep that worsen the situation and atmosphere with reactions like that to boot. I'd love CONS with 1:1 male female visitor ratios (which would also lead to 1:1 cosplay ratio).... but asking for a refund is not the way to go, and public shaming the girl in question isn't either. Fact is, you don't like a con because it's sexist... don't buy a ticket for it. Instead go to the con that isn't. Or *gasp* make your own CON... but then, there are a lot of manga-con's

Either way... sexism sucks

3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 1, 2014, 14:16 eRe4s3r

cento wrote on May 1, 2014, 14:02:
Wow, it was up just an hour ago. Maybe too much unexpected traffic?

This site has a much more lengthy recap:
Cheery City ComicCon Debacle

At this point these stories are just fluffy tales of how not to use facebook + how to be a total dick. I am sort of glad idiots like that dude get called on it though.

That said, refund request for not liking the cosplayers? Good luck with that. Refunds don't care if you are offended ;p

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 1, 2014, 13:49 eRe4s3r

Website Disabled...  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video
19. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video May 1, 2014, 02:46 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on May 1, 2014, 02:10:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 21:01:
Mostly meant terrain deformation.. but you are right, aside the dynamic terrain deformation most of the stuff is pre-canned animations and scripts and triggers (And it has to be, since it has to sync in MP)

I don't think there's any native deformation in UE4, it's funny that in BF4 Dice had to tone it back and many places you can't deform the terrain at all. There was that game that Lucasgames made where you could raise and lower the terrain like you were in the editor making mountains and valleys, the effect looked just like that too. Pushing and pulling verts, not really worth much in the long run.

Makes a huge gameplay difference on some maps in BF4 Golmund comes to mind, the 1 map where they nearly fully unlocked it. You can make holes so deep tanks can fall in them and not get out.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue May 1, 2014, 01:23 eRe4s3r

So what's the correct order to watch Almost Human then?

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video Apr 30, 2014, 21:01 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 17:10:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 16:22:
4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:48:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:35:
Ahh-mazing! I love that futuristic modular design. Love the color scheme too. Can't wait to see some UE4 games that look like this.

Ditto but I wonder if we can have this level of detail combined with destructible environment...

I am gonna go on a limb and say that you will never see Frostbite style destruction in a UE4 game... EA knows this. I bet behind the scenes they have Frostbite 4 already running and are currently laughing their asses of.

UE4 is a nice render engine, but is it a good game engine?

I don't know about that, I mean what is Frostbite destruction but a slight of hand switch out to a destroyed asset with an animated transition. Neither engine is capable of procedural destruction, everything that's destructible is done on a per asset level.

From what I've seen it's still "Unreal" so it's a good game engine for first/third person shooters, side scroller games, top down games, etc. I think it would require considerable retooling to be good at making a free to roam anywhere space sim game with it.

As always, it's down to the talent that goes into the game and less about which engine used.

Mostly meant terrain deformation.. but you are right, aside the dynamic terrain deformation most of the stuff is pre-canned animations and scripts and triggers (And it has to be, since it has to sync in MP)

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
12. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 30, 2014, 16:36 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 05:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 04:47:
And those that don't adapt, get adapted...

Thats the scary part. What you have outlined is way too far out a concept for a society structured around the earning of profit and where the highest achievement you can have is the posession of things.

The haves will always want to protect what they have against the have nots. This is the biggest problem with society today and in the future as the equality gap widens things will get even worse.

Its not hard to imagine a society where the elite reaps all the benefits of advanced technology while using the very same to insulate itself against the unwashed masses. Indeed you can already see significant evidence of this in the US (both in its domestic and foreign policies) and in certain countries in Europe (Britain). Worst case scenario, regulated population control (read 'culling') maybe even genocide on a worldwide scale.

I think the only thing that's for sure is that the next 50 years won't be pretty. As you say, it can swing that way too. And the elites COULD potentially create such a dystopia with the help of cyborg and robotic military / workforces.

I am not optimistic, in my view, without forceful measures society will not change for the better. If politics continue as they do now, the world will go down the drain.

11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video Apr 30, 2014, 16:22 eRe4s3r

4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:48:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:35:
Ahh-mazing! I love that futuristic modular design. Love the color scheme too. Can't wait to see some UE4 games that look like this.

Ditto but I wonder if we can have this level of detail combined with destructible environment...

I am gonna go on a limb and say that you will never see Frostbite style destruction in a UE4 game... EA knows this. I bet behind the scenes they have Frostbite 4 already running and are currently laughing their asses of.

UE4 is a nice render engine, but is it a good game engine?

10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video Apr 30, 2014, 16:10 eRe4s3r

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 10:12:
That's pretty impressive.

However, something sticks out to me. In DE:HR, pretty much everywhere had these rackmount systems under desks, in bedroom closets, in apartments, etc. In the future, especially in offices, why would you invest that much in hardware when a VDI would work perfectly well for a receptionist or secretary?

Because not every detail was taken into account when they made the levels....

As you say, VDI with a thin client (maybe built in-house) and the costs would be very low and the IT work relatively easy. Not to mention if they build the thin client, they can put in their own crypto solutions. A company producing military grade cyborg parts probably won't be saving money on security... well, unlike Sariff

10. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 30, 2014, 04:47 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 03:55:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 19:02:
KTR wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 18:29:
I had the opportunity to be a passenger in a Google self-driving car early last year. Very impressive, especially in stop-n-go Bay Area traffic. There is a lot that goes behind the covers to makes the vehicle work.

I imagine a world 20 years from now where self driving taxis are the norm, and due to not having to pay a driver's (or even a dispatcher's) salary, are about 1/3 the cost they are today. A lot of people who own cars now wouldn't need to, and people could reap the benefit of individualized transport without the hassle or cost.

I imagine Taxi drivers would have big problems with this. Everyone talks about reaping the benefits of automatization, no one talks about who exactly gets to reap those benefits. Yeah we are back to the 0.1 vs 99.9% discussion again.

So factory workers. Reduandant. Taxi & Bus, Tram, Train, Plane etc. drivers. Redundant. Doctors, redundant....etc. etc.

Who is left??? Landowners, shareholders, managers, stock brokers, bankers??

When people start becoming superflous, what exactly is going to happen? Are we going to invent some kind of Utopia where no one has to work for a living?? Hhahahahhha....

State will have to establish a basic income that everyone gets.... high enough to make it a choice for humans to do jobs for other humans, rather for corporations. Art, culture and Entertainment and everything related to that would receive a HUGE boost. In the end the world will have to change either way, willingly, or after the resource wars by force.

Also banks need to be outlawed, both debt and loans as well, basic income is DNA coded, card is charged each month automatically, and can be used at locations to transfer money for certain things. But money can not be transfered to other humans. Essentially corporations can earn money this way, but the humans running them can't. (DNA coding to protect against theft + whatever else is state-of-the-art in biometric ID so that nobody can fake DNA)

There are a lot of ways a future society may change to adapt to automation. But let's face it, it's coming. And those that don't adapt, get adapted. Progress stops for no one...

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 30, 2014, 01:57 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 01:10:
Cutter wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 23:04:
Why would you even need a taxi? Go out to the bar, get gassed, car drives you home. That's awesome because A) I fucking hate taxi drivers B) That would just rule.

What I meant is using auto-taxis instead of owning your own car. Either way, the vehicle drives, not you. I think lots of people wouldn't bother with the expense of owning a car of taxis were half to two thirds cheaper, which they will be once self-driving cars become the norm. By far the biggest cost of a taxi is the driver salary.

I would take those cars if they were half the price of taxis, at that point it would make financial sense for me already.

Click "Order a car to your location" on your smart-tablet-phone whatever get auto billed once you arrive, the future is here.

Ok, just kidding, the future is here once we have AC units that don't require a nuclear plant to power.... and batteries that last longer than a week.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
17. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 22:49 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 19:11:
nin wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 18:19:
I had zero interest in this when it was announced. But now, the more I see of it? I think it looks fun...

^ this... too bad the uncut and uncensored version is unavailable in my country (thanks a lot Steam region lock... NOT) so I'm gonna have to pirate this fucker!

Same problem.... video is region locked, game is region locked... so fuck em

News Comments > BF4 Death Shield Killed
6. Re: BF4 Death Shield Killed Apr 29, 2014, 22:25 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 22:17:
You bought it, you have zero right to bitch about it. Now if it were an unknown from a new developer then sure. However this is what DICE does and has been doing since day one and everyone knows it. Yet, in spite of that you still give them money anyway. That's the definition of insanity boys.

Can't deny it.. but what other MP FPS with vehicles and destruction you know ? Everything else just bores me.

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 29, 2014, 18:56 eRe4s3r

KTR wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 18:29:
I had the opportunity to be a passenger in a Google self-driving car early last year. Very impressive, especially in stop-n-go Bay Area traffic. There is a lot that goes behind the covers to makes the vehicle work.

This is something that will completely revolutionize travel once big cities start rolling this out en-masse

I do hope it won't take long for there to be a massive on-demand electric car fleet of self-driving vehicles in cities. Heck you could make it mandatory for all I cared.

News Comments > BF4 Death Shield Killed
3. Re: BF4 Death Shield Killed Apr 29, 2014, 18:54 eRe4s3r

You can not thank someone for being patient, being patient when that involves "waiting for a thing to change that should not be there to begin with" is not a fucking choice. And if there is no choice, then thanking us for it is just rubbing the insult further in.

What the hell were we supposed to do besides waiting? Asking for a refund?

News Comments > Watch Dogs Season Pass Details
13. Re: Watch Dogs Season Pass Details Apr 29, 2014, 14:25 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 12:43:
Verno wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 12:27:
Season passes are almost always a losing proposition for me. Either the quality of the content isn't there or they take so long to release updates that I've long since lost interest.
I am the same way.
I found if I buy the game at release I play the shit out of it then I loose interest in it for a while.
Then a Steam sale comes along all DLC on sale and I'll grab what I am interested in if I still want more of the gameplay.
I too ended up buying season passes and never bothered with the content because I lost interest in the game.
Borderlands 2 was the latest game that ended up like that.

Same for me... I think I didn't even play the last 2 borderlands DLC's because the retarded leveling scheme locked me in super-hard-insane-1hit1kill-mode or super-bore-invincibility-mode for my favorite char.

Borderlands 2 was the last season pass I ever bought.

And I guess the real problem here was how the leveling worked, and how the DLC integrated (not at all) into the main game.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2014, 14:32.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 13:18 eRe4s3r

BitWraith wrote on Apr 29, 2014, 11:27:
I just can't see this new Star Wars movie going the right way. And, this is coming from a guy who dresses like Star Wars characters in his free time.

What's the right way? ;p 1-3 or 4-6 ? ;p Do you honestly believe Disney can make Star Wars movies worse than 1-3 ?

7190 Comments. 360 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo