Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8188 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
15. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 12:12 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 11:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 11:19:
I mean the original Bards Tale ;P

I figured, but Anachronox was better than that one too.
Besides, they already did a Bard's Tale remake not that long ago.

But you both have good argment actually.. I loved Anachronox and wouldn't mind if that were the game they are making. That would be awesome.... but I don't think inExile can make 3rd person RPG's ;p

The rights to Anachronox lie with Square/Eidos and they don't seem like the kind of guys to give up IPs. I also don't think inXile has a single former Anachronox dev working for them, so it wouldn't really even be much of a fit.

I'm actually pretty curious now as to what game it will be.

90% of the fun is the speculation... But I don't think many people really *asked* for a Bard's Tale sequel. They said it's something they've been pestered to do.. and I can't really think of anything else either. There is even older stuff they could mean.. something like Dark Sun: Shattered Lands

But I doubt many people remember that ;p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 11:19 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 11:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:19:
panbient wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:09:
Please be HD Anachronox with the rest of the story.

Others, far better RPG's come to mind

Bard's Tale
Baldurs Gate
Icewind Dale

Baldur's Gate and IWD are owned by Beamdog now, afaik, so probably no chance for that. And Anachronox was better than Bard's Tale.

I mean the original Bards Tale

But you both have good argment actually.. I loved Anachronox and wouldn't mind if that were the game they are making. That would be awesome.... but I don't think inExile can make 3rd person RPG's ;p

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 5, 2014, 11:15 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 09:29:
In case anyone else was trying to figure out what the fuck "boxen" meant:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/boxen

Whenever the register uses slang like this, in my mind I imagine a drug addict writing these articles. Because to me for some reason, slang like that is linked to drug addiction and the lowest of the lowest human beings. Guess I am weird ;p

8. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 10:43 eRe4s3r

panbient wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:19:

Bard's Tale
Baldurs Gate
Icewind Dale

Aren't those the whole point behind Pillars of Eternity?

Plus BG was recently redone and ID has been announced for the same treatment.

Quite so But maybe they saw the success of PoE and figure they could do either of these 3? Unlike PoE there is still room for more rpg's with the new DnD ruleset (exactly zero games use 4.0)

News Comments > Red Faction Guerilla Patch Removes GFWL
18. Re: Red Faction Guerilla Patch Removes GFWL Dec 5, 2014, 10:25 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 11:57:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 18:18:
Did they fix the sound bug? I mean the one where all sounds are extremely low volume except a FEW sounds close to you? Sounds like you have head in a metal barrel

Am I the only one with that problem? ;p

No, I had that too, but there was always a very easy work-around, though I forget what it was...

Well for 1 I couldn't resist Sound bug is nowhere to be seen.. eh, heard

5. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 10:22 eRe4s3r

Soulburner wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:20:
Arcanum?

Rights owned by Activision.. so good luck on that

3. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 10:19 eRe4s3r

panbient wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:09:

Bard's Tale
Baldurs Gate
Icewind Dale

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2014, 09:35 eRe4s3r

Why bother with backdoors, when Sony is one giant backdoor? ;p that backdoor that hackers carried over 10tb of data out... holy fuck  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 4, 2014, 02:41 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 23:56:
And I'd rather see big biz and the elites actually paying their fair share. There's more than enough to go around, they're just hoarding it all.

And hoarding is what will end the system... so why stop them? Let them hoard more and more and the system will collapse faster....

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 3, 2014, 22:59 eRe4s3r

Only 1 thing of note

And in Nottingham, at the GameCity festival, she was warm, funny and entertaining, joking with fellow game designers Ed Stern and Chris Avellone in a talk about the writing process

That explains why he doesn't want to write romances....

News Comments > Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under
51. Re: Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under Dec 3, 2014, 18:23 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 18:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 18:09:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 17:07:
Did they ban The Wire too? They kill prostitutes, women, cops, and women cops undercover as prostitutes in that show.

What about Game of Thrones? Is that banned in AUS-Land?

<snark>Those are TV shows intended for a mature audience, you can't compare them to children's toys like GTA!</snark>

The joke is Target still sells the bluray edition of Game of Thrones

So if we got 40000 fake people together we can get any item delisted from Target? I'd say we should start with cigarettes, alcohol and any vegetable. Because.. uhm, feelings are hurt!

News Comments > Red Faction Guerilla Patch Removes GFWL
13. Re: Red Faction Guerilla Patch Removes GFWL Dec 3, 2014, 18:18 eRe4s3r

Did they fix the sound bug? I mean the one where all sounds are extremely low volume except a FEW sounds close to you? Sounds like you have head in a metal barrel

Am I the only one with that problem? ;p

News Comments > London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year
24. Re: London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year Dec 3, 2014, 18:16 eRe4s3r

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 09:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 07:49:
harlock wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 07:43:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 06:59:
Fion wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 23:40:
Not all AS games suck or are bad ports. Sure most of the better ones are older, when they had one dev group working on each game instead of spreading it so thin and giving so little time to each group to each game. AS2 & Brotherhood stand out. Black Flag is quite fun but also extremely formulaic but it's sea-faring niche makes it worth the sale price.

I'm hoping it doesn't suck because Victorian England sounds like a fun place to assassinate bad-guys in.
I'm liking all the ones I have played so far, thats Black Flag, III, Liberation and Unity.

London looks AMAZING... AMAZING.

yawn... yawn.

And extra yawn for.. no female protagonist.. AGAIN

Liberation has a black female protagonist and it ended up getting 360, PS3 and PC versions as well as the Vita one. Reviews on it were so-so but I beat it on the Vita and quite enjoyed it. Not to say the series couldn't still do more but everyone seems to ignore Liberation.

I think everyone wanted to forget Liberation ;p

News Comments > Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under
49. Re: Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under Dec 3, 2014, 18:09 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 17:07:
Did they ban The Wire too? They kill prostitutes, women, cops, and women cops undercover as prostitutes in that show.

What about Game of Thrones? Is that banned in AUS-Land?

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Trailer
1. Re: Total War: ATTILA Trailer Dec 3, 2014, 08:02 eRe4s3r

That's cute and all.. but do they think anyone with a brain left preorders this after Rome 2 ? ;p

This is the first total war game I am gonna pass so far around that I will watch let's plays for at least a few hours before I even consider downloading a demo (should there be one)

Ps.: I would call bullshit on Decimation being an actual punishment method used to maintain moral... The historic stuff I read, and not the bullshit from the time around Cassius (Which is a period where you can not trust a single historic source) detailed decimation as a punishment method that in the very rare cases it was applied lead to a complete collapse of moral and trust in the higher command and created high causes for the violent kind of desertions.

It was only used in the absolute most severe instances and even then it was not something you wanted the Roman senate to hear, because the senate does not like you wasting money. And legions were expensive as hell.

19. Re: London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year Dec 3, 2014, 07:49 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 07:43:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 06:59:
Fion wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 23:40:
Not all AS games suck or are bad ports. Sure most of the better ones are older, when they had one dev group working on each game instead of spreading it so thin and giving so little time to each group to each game. AS2 & Brotherhood stand out. Black Flag is quite fun but also extremely formulaic but it's sea-faring niche makes it worth the sale price.

I'm hoping it doesn't suck because Victorian England sounds like a fun place to assassinate bad-guys in.
I'm liking all the ones I have played so far, thats Black Flag, III, Liberation and Unity.

London looks AMAZING... AMAZING.

yawn... yawn.

And extra yawn for.. no female protagonist.. AGAIN

News Comments > The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released
22. Re: The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released Dec 3, 2014, 04:51 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 04:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 03:25:
Julio wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 16:10:
From a metacritic user review standpoint, looks like it's doing well. 7.3 overall, compared to 2.3 for Ass Creed Unity; 5.7 for DA:I; 7.8 for Far Cry 4

Except people giving DA:I a 5.7 and Far Cry 3.5 a 8 on average are braindead poptarts and not someone you should use as basis for any logical game rating judgment...

The only thing that site is good for is ego ratings, not game ratings..

Actually I find Metacritic very good at what it represents. It represents an average of averages. Just like IMDB. Taken like that it is an accurate representation of what people think about a said game. With DA:I for example its a 5.7 because its got so many GUI issues, not to mention Origin's taint of death, EA's rep and then you have DA:2 and its fanbase of braintards who will probably shit over DA:I for attempting to bring some complexity back.

Meh I have long since stopped caring for numbers that somehow formulate whether a game is "fun" or not... at least for movies on general if it's very much below 5 I will skip it unless it SOUNDS interesting. (I like some really strange and low-rated movies)

15. Re: London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year Dec 3, 2014, 04:44 eRe4s3r

Holy crap.. they are milking this worse than mostly any other franchise...  

News Comments > The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released
19. Re: The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released Dec 3, 2014, 03:25 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 16:10:
From a metacritic user review standpoint, looks like it's doing well. 7.3 overall, compared to 2.3 for Ass Creed Unity; 5.7 for DA:I; 7.8 for Far Cry 4

Except people giving DA:I a 5.7 and Far Cry 3.5 a 8 on average are braindead poptarts and not someone you should use as basis for any logical game rating judgment...

The only thing that site is good for is ego ratings, not game ratings..

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 2, 2014, 00:29 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 00:15:
In case you've ever wondered how game developers keep pissing away so much money

Flying over from the headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, Sundberg tries to visit the New York branch of the studio every month to keep up on the development of Just Cause 3 and make the trans-atlantic studio feel more unified.

I guess the dude never heard of vid-com

8188 Comments. 410 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo