Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6286 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
20. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 2, 2013, 20:26 eRe4s3r

Your contract specifically states that offering any ISP grade services without a specific business contract gets you insta canned. Unless it's an really old contract or a really really small ISP who doesn't care.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers
7. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers Sep 2, 2013, 17:49 eRe4s3r

This has nothing at all to do with Homeworld.  

18. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 2, 2013, 16:32 eRe4s3r

The difference is that you can only put so much technology in the nodes before you reach a physical limit. And I dunno what their calculations are, but imagine you have a 1 gbit line in a region with 50000 subscribers, and 500 use it to the max while 5000 use it 50%,and 10000 use it 25%. That congests a fiber based node easily, heck most actual country backbones are not handling more than 2000gbit/s and you expect a SINGLE node in your backyard to handle that load?

They oversell the bandwidth not by a tiny margin with 1gbit lines. The global infrastructure for that kind of speed even if it's only used by 1% of the US population does not exist.

The largest digital country in the EU (Germany) http://www.de-cix.net/about/statistics has only 2tbit/s load on the international backbone and a load max of 12tbit/s. You can saturate that with just 12000 1gbit lines that are used anywhere on the planet at full potential. Just think about that for a second.

20 people (in 1 area) using a gbit connection fully can already saturate an entire gateway node if it's underequipped.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2013, 16:38.

9. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 2, 2013, 06:29 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 23:50:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 15:39:
10 TB per month? Jeez, what are these guys downloading? The entire Times-Warner catalog in hi def? You'd have to be spending $400 per month or hard drives just to store all that data.

The highest number was 77TB in one month. I'm completely against this bullshit "Well, we say unlimited but we really don't mind unlimited" crap that's going on, but 77TB is just fucking retarded. My entire company of 1200 people doesn't download 77TB a month, and we're on a 300Mbps pipe. (funny enough, we upload around 300TB a month, but that's because of the backups.)

It says nowhere in that article that it was download only... in fact it says USAGE meaning both up/down. Likely people running small scale ISP's or hosting services from their FIOS line, which I gotta admit is a kinda dickish move.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 11:52 eRe4s3r

Rome II ... Rome II ... Rome II

The next week is going to be disappearing into nothingness I guess...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2013, 10:15 eRe4s3r

Humans, ruining serene mornings since 180k BC  

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Tower Pack DLC Next Week
3. Re: Metro: Last Light Tower Pack DLC Next Week Aug 31, 2013, 12:36 eRe4s3r

Deep combat mechanics? Shooting at stuff while circle strafing interrupted by quick-time events is not "deep"  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Expansion Released; Free Weekend Underway
11. Re: Natural Selection 2 Expansion Released; Free Weekend Underway Aug 31, 2013, 10:02 eRe4s3r

Overon wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 06:16:
Overall I think the game is great. The 2nd to last patch screwed up people's frame rate. However I haven't really noticed probably because I got a beefy rig. Since release if the game they have released over 50 patches. Not quite Team Fortress 2 territory but commendable. I think they will address the frame rate issue that people are complaining about. Also I have dine the tutorials and they have been working fine for me.

Maybe addressing these issues should have been done before the free weekend, NS2 is never again gonna get this much attention for free. Anyhow, for me the Tutorial never proceeded past the "move into the blue shizzle to join marines"

News Comments > Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November
16. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November Aug 31, 2013, 08:20 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 23:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 22:17:

Ps.: NWN is still nice to play even now.... and so is BG2. Although I wouldn't play BG2 without some "ease of use" mods anymore... like removing locked chests and traps, everything Identified, stackable stuff... more carry weight, etc.
Ahh we're spoiled now. Makes me wonder how PE or PS:N are going to fair in some peoples minds if they have those in them.

Heh yeah After 9 complete playthroughs, 3 heavily modded, there is not much allure to playing Native again, if I'd play BG2 it'd be for the combat and companion reasons.

I don't mind it being there on the first few playthroughs. and it remains to be seen whether PE is something that is worth playing through more than once.

By the way, I remove traps and locks because these are essentially just free XP for no challenge. I don't walk into rooms like they show in that trailer, always stealthed rogue first ,p Gets boring after the 9th time... also just like in NWN1 there is no way to boost your disarm trap roll with an item.... and that is one of these things I don't like either. It to some extend limits your character development

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2013, 08:30.

News Comments > More BF4 Commander Mode Details
2. Re: More BF4 Commander Mode Details Aug 30, 2013, 22:35 eRe4s3r

What you list there is correct, and is why nobody wanted to play Commander in BF2.... you had to read 5 pages of rules near the end-life of BF2 just so you don't get kicked, and by then the commander was so gimped you might as well just drive that tank instead, and do more good.  

6. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November Aug 30, 2013, 22:17 eRe4s3r

Blackthorne?

or do you mean Another World / Out of this world?

Besides those 2 I can't think of anything else ;p

Ps.: NWN is still nice to play even now.... and so is BG2. Although I wouldn't play BG2 without some "ease of use" mods anymore... like removing locked chests and traps, everything Identified, stackable stuff... more carry weight, etc.

4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Expansion Released; Free Weekend Underway Aug 30, 2013, 22:08 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 21:58:
The performance was abysmal

Primary reason I stopped playing after only a few weeks. You CANNOT suffer framerate issues in a game this focused on precision aiming.

So this isn't just because the new expansion just released? Nmhhh.... anyway, for a First Impression this one was an epic fail. For me the non working Tutorial was worse, because the game seems to have become even more opaque for a new player.

2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Expansion Released; Free Weekend Underway Aug 30, 2013, 21:42 eRe4s3r

Gonna be a real pretty sight once people who didn't buy it yet start playing this.. So I tried the free weekend thingy.. was a """"great"""" experience. Can't even put enough "'s there.

I must be misunderstanding the point of free weekends.... also if that is "dramatically improved performance" then either they introduced a major rendering bug in the last patch or they speak a different language. The performance was abysmal and especially for someone who never played NS2 a real kicker, the tutorial didn't work....

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Port Royale 3 Gold
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Port Royale 3 Gold Aug 30, 2013, 20:58 eRe4s3r

PS3 and PC ... that is a seriously odd combo for this game....  

4. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November Aug 30, 2013, 20:55 eRe4s3r

While I am all for bringing the best RPG ever made to a greater audience, that trailer is not a particular good representation of what BG2 is about or how it plays. And one thing is for sure, there will be 0 3D camera motions in BG2.. ever. So wonder why they show them...

And walking through traps like they show is the fastest way to the reload screen there is.... ^^

News Comments > Diablo III 2.0 Details
34. Re: Diablo III 2.0 Details Aug 30, 2013, 14:44 eRe4s3r

Yeah, hence why I am so sad Hellgate: London turned out the way it did, had that game be given proper love and mod support we'd have the best first persion action RPG ever made on our hands. Instead all there is, is literally Borderlands.. and I am no fan of forced COOP games like that.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2013, 16:03.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Module Released
28. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Module Released Aug 30, 2013, 14:36 eRe4s3r

Well I pledged for Star Citizen already so the real question is whether my hopes got the better of me in this case. I have very little interest in the MP aspect of this game ;/ For Rebirth I am simply waiting for proper reviews before buying it. The game looks greats, but the scope and immersion of SP is what sells it for me or not.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Module Released
9. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Module Released Aug 30, 2013, 12:24 eRe4s3r

I agree with you Prez, but he is just troll baiting you... ignore him. They really need to offer more info on the SP portion. If it's just a linear story romp ala Wing Commander.. then I think X Rebirth might be the superior game after all.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Memoria
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Memoria Aug 30, 2013, 10:44 eRe4s3r

“You don’t something like this every day. Enjoy it!”

Don't what?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 29, 2013, 20:58 eRe4s3r

The NSA never met a data that it didn't want to have....  

6286 Comments. 315 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo