Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6287 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Patch 1 Released; Patch 2 Beta Next Week
2. Re: Total War: ROME II Patch 1 Released; Patch 2 Beta Next Week Sep 6, 2013, 21:22 eRe4s3r

Well since you don't own the game I don't see why you care so much ;p Modders will no doubt change the game in both directions of the spectrum, but magical abilities and moshpit battles existed in Shogun 2 as well... selective memory is nice isn't it?

Speaking of tactical battles and the capture points, I wonder how you reason the tactical abuse of putting your troops in the mountains when your enemy wants to WALK BY YOU. Why would the enemy attack you if you are not in the way? Moving your troops out of the way means you let the enemy pass. And that is what the capture point CORRECTLY simulates. The capture point simulate strategic goals that the situation defines, not you, and optimally to help the AI to find it's way. But the AI can't even handle 1 capture point correctly so yeah...

The capture point in sieges is the only thing absolutely stupid. I had wished they added real objectives to this mode like capturing vital infrastructure, but armies are too large and cities still too small to do this correctly.

And most battles are not over in 30 seconds, the problem is the combat AI is completely glitched. I invaded a settlement, beelined to the capture point (bottom) from 2 sides /left and right) (full stack) against the garrison. The retarded AI camped in the "top" approach and didn't engage me even as I was forming my armies up behind it.

That is the reason for short battles. The combat AI is retarded. The campaign AI isn't much better But at least diplomacy is less insane. Doesn't mean the game isn't fun ,p

What needs to be done is a factor 5 to 10 increase to capture points. So that you have 6 minutes to 15 minutes time. Going for capture points should be strategically worse than crushing the enemy in a rout with your full force. But capture points need to remain. Without them, battles can end in stalemates. And this is a real issue given that AGAIN most battles are sieges. And the AI seems to be even worse equipped to handle sieges than ever. Siege units should not be units we drag around with our main army they should be buildable stuff based on general retinue before a battle and disappear afterwards.

This game simply needed another 2 months of real development and tweaking. But that does not make it a bad game Darth Mod for this game is gonna be epic.. I hope he does make one for Rome II

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2013, 21:32.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
68. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 21:03 eRe4s3r

Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 19:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 19:26:
Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:54:
Alright, he's now said he was sorry, so we can let the whole fucking issue go and it need never ever ever ever ever be fucking mentioned again.

Especially on a news site about games... Penny Arcade are as much Gamers as I am the King of Odyssia. Stop Mentioning Penny Arcade ^^

Oh, you get to decide that for everyone, do you? I've had people tell me I'm not a gamer because I haven't played any Madden games. Or because until recently I hadn't tried Minecraft. Or because whatever dufus reasoning they come up with.

I have no idea why you care what anyone thinks about you, or specifically what I classify as Gamers or not, but that IS your choice.... to me Penny Arcade are not game related. And that's that. You can agree or disagree, but why do you think I am talking to you when I am talking about Penny Arcade and this FUD topic?

For the record, I don't care 1 bit what games you play or didn't play. But I do care when the news posted here (even in op.ed) are just clickbait to non-topics that the sites linked in the news piece sure would want to become a shitstorm again...

And excuse me, but I don't support sites who's only concept of reporting is recreating shitstorms for their own monetary gains (Not blues, I am talking about the sites linked pushing these stories). And yes, that does include PA

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
43. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 20:43 eRe4s3r

Rhett wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 20:01:
Remove the AH, improve itemization in all categories (perhaps an entire revamp?), and add mod support and maybe the expansion sounds worth getting...

But you know they won't do that. Can't wait to see what Diablo 4 has for "features".

To that I agree wholeheartedly... ARPG's without mod support might as well not exist.

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
41. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 19:41 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:31:
I liked the idea of lobby based player bazaars using the blizzard backend. Grabbing a weapon for an alt is fine and good but shouldn't outweigh exposing the entire player base to perfect rolls. The auction house is a difficult concept to pull off properly in ARPGs and is tied directly to item properties which is another thing they fucked up here. I think an auction house could work but not with all of the other mistakes they made.

An Auction house can NEVER work in an SP ARPG. It defeats the main drive of the game. Why would you put a thing in your game that motivates people to not actually play your game?

News Comments > Op Ed
61. Re: Op Ed Sep 6, 2013, 19:26 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 11:54:
Alright, he's now said he was sorry, so we can let the whole fucking issue go and it need never ever ever ever ever be fucking mentioned again.

Especially on a news site about games... Penny Arcade are as much Gamers as I am the King of Odyssia. Stop Mentioning Penny Arcade ^^

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer
5. Re: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Trailer Sep 6, 2013, 01:08 eRe4s3r

At least you can't say they aren't showing you the game how it really is. ^^ Unlike many others  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Rise of Venice
4. Re: Gone Gold - Rise of Venice Sep 6, 2013, 00:49 eRe4s3r

I count 7, if you consider expansions and re-releases, gold versions, complete versions and assorted....

And none of them are fun

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
23. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Sep 5, 2013, 04:29 eRe4s3r

Fion wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 01:45:
I haven't even looked at this game. Like many I just assumed it was like a Sleeping Dogs sequel or something. Watching this I'm rather excited. If even half of this is actually dynamic and not scripted out the ass I'll pick it up.

Only thing that worries me a bit is how easy it appears to hack anything. A simple press of a button and you're in any system in the game? I understand it would get boring QUICK if you had to go through a mini-game on every hack but there should be some aspect to hacking beyond 'hold Q'. Maybe I'm missing something and just haven't looked into the game enough.

Then again this is Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed is basically just that. You basically hold or click one button to do everything from fighting to climbing, interacting, sneaking, you name it.

Hacking seems to be a location puzzle, find the nodes, gain direct line of sight to them, hack them. And then you get access to all the connected devices in an limited area. Assuming you get, in one way or another, direct line of sight.

I had to laugh when he said Detroit had business opportunities though... that's not what I think when hearing that name.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Trailer
22. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Sep 5, 2013, 03:30 eRe4s3r

Man this is the first time in years I was actually impressed by a gameplay demo...

Assuming the player hacking is not gonna happen every few minutes it would be the first proper implementation of MP in a SP experience

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Patch Friday
3. Re: Total War: ROME II Patch Friday Sep 5, 2013, 01:44 eRe4s3r

The issue is most likely one of network latency ,) They have to sync each individual AI decision..... since each decision is based on the previous one.

(by the way, turn 100 = turn time 1m 37s) The game is pretty well optimized when it comes to turn times in SP. Quite surprising given how many factions and factors there are.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II
37. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II Sep 4, 2013, 20:01 eRe4s3r

I won't deny any of your points as they are very true (most of it will probably get fixed in patches like it always is fixed in Total War games ,p), but even so I had great fun during my campaign so far, including political trickery They are all more or less correct (Generals easily survive 50 turns by the way unless you put them in the thick of the front line, where your general should never be!), which in this game is a huge timespan, enough to create a half europe spanning empire). I ran my first campaign I played with the woznad spear general that was my faction leader, and he got to age 71 before dieing of natural causes and he reached rank 7 .. so yeah ^^.

And these magic boats you mention are not usable to great effect if you auto-resolve against a fleet of heavy raiders, the problem is that during manual navy battles you end up with a total crapshoot of pathing bumping and pushing. Naval battles, like always in 1.0 of an Total War release, are completely bugged. Transport boats of these times should be so brittle that even a cought should sink them and that's what happens during auto-resolve.

The one big annoyance for me is that the campaign AI is sometimes clever, but most of the times completely retarded. They have a serious issue building a coherent large stack and because they are food and money starved they don't have the hard hitting units, and some AI nations have their entire army sit in boats in front of their city (Which makes capturing them extremely easy).

Diplomacy has improved so far as the campaign AI actually interacting with you in ways beyond declaring war but it is almost always on their terms. If you prefer passive diplomacy you wont notice the problem but if you want to proactively cultivate an environment of success with your neighbors you will fail. The AI refuses to accept logical treaties of any kind without bribes, very unfortunate.

The reason for that is that the AI is always bankrupt/food starved as it doesn't expand quickly enough and never builds a province with focus on farms and so it's regions never grow) as you can easily see by the amount you can demand Aside that this is true. The AI is not insane anymore, but it is bordering on being too passive. I have never once been attacked without ample warning. I think the problem is the Normal campaign difficulty, I am gonna rank it up later to see what that actually does.

Also lmao at "real" total war players. I played all Total War games, people who call the combat in Rome 1 "good" are not to be taken serious. This is no different than any other Total War. You will get your realism mods in no time that will remove magic abilities and fix unit cohesion like always.

But fact is that this game is FUN to play. Something Empire and Rome 1 was not. The faster movement and recruitment gives you MUCH more options during a round. The only problem is the AI that can't handle the game so well .. yet? ^^

Also, since I saw you complain about Phalanx units not being impossible to kill. THANK FUCKING GOD FOR THAT. Late game Rome 1 was completely unplayable because of that nonsense.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2013, 20:07.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced
16. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 4, 2013, 05:51 eRe4s3r

SimplyMonk wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 11:44:
Seeing as this is supposed to be a Space Hulk game, if you live longer than 4 seconds with a lone marine, you aren't doing it right. Although, this is supposed to be a Librarian so maybe 6 seconds is acceptable.

Curious if they are going to give you NPC squadmates or just have you fight a hive of neutered and brain dead genestealers to make up for the lack of support.

In all honesty though... Yay for more 40K video games. Here's hoping it turns out well.

Imo a game that is not at all related in any way, apart from the setting, to the board game would be a huge selling point The possibilities are endless with these guys doing it. It might even turn out to be a superb RPG.

And while we speak of Warhammer 40k, where the fuck is the Skyrim-like RPG? Give us indepth lore about all factions, space travel and give us some insight into the civilian societies. Heck, make a alternate lore where there are some peaceful situations, because non-stop combat is seriously the biggest drawback I have with Warhammer 40k (And please never mention that there is lore beyond 40k, seriously, whatever happens after 40k must have been the writers drug induced coma dreams)

Speaking of Space Marine.. I am actually a bit surprised there is no sequel in the making for that. I liked it as well and that would have been an interesting game in a slightly less "ork" heavy setting. And the ending of that.. yeah.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 4, 2013, 05:35 eRe4s3r

Ant wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 04:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 04:20:
Maybe when it's free I'll bite. I don't see why I should pay a 2nd time for a book I already own and bought on Amazon, no matter how much it is discounted
And it requires Kindle.

Yeah... though I do have one..... You can always un-DRM your e-book purchases from Amazon if you feel so inclined.

News Comments > DCS: UH-1H Huey Early Access
21. Re: DCS: UH-1H Huey Early Access Sep 4, 2013, 05:29 eRe4s3r

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 4, 2013, 03:46:
I have a good set of pedals and an excellent stick as well (Warthog HOTAS). Ideally, for a chopper sim, you want a stick with a lot of throw, which the Warthog does not have, but it works very well nevertheless. It's not the landing the Huey is impossible; it's just that it takes concentration and practice to stick your landings. At initial release it took MAJOR practice to reach that point, but it is much easier now, and apparently much more in accordance with what flying an actual Huey is like. Likewise, this is not my first chopper sim: I have a good 300 hours in DCS Black Shark, which also was not an easy chopper to fly.

I must admit that I find it odd that you can land in choppers but not fixed-wing aircraft. The same principles apply; they are just implemented differently. For a standard visual approach, you enter a standard traffic pattern at 1500' AGL, execute turn onto base and turn onto downwind legs while losing airspeed to the point where it's safe to operate flaps, which of course varies by aircraft. On downwind you can safely lose some altitude, and drop flaps to 10-15 degrees, again depending on aircraft and what flaps settings you have available. As you turn onto crosswind, drop full flaps and your undercarriage, while continuing to lose altitude. As you turn onto final, you should be roughly 500' AGL and roughly 1 minute from the runway threshold. Adjust pitch to get landing angle of attack -- most modern jets have AoA indexers which tell you exactly what you need -- trim, then adjust throttle for -400ft/min or so. At this point landing is basically hands off, but you want to pick a spot past the runway threshold -- the runway number generally works well -- and keep it fixed in your canopy, adjusting throttle to ensure it stays fixed. As you pass over the runway threshold and approach 40-50' AGL, execute a flare, i.e. cut throttle and raise pitch so that you have -100ft/min vertical velocity. Touch down, and apply wheel brakes until the nose is down. Slow to taxi speed, and follow Ground directions to the ramp.

I can land fixed-wing aircraft, just not "well" , it's just never a really smooth procedure for me Your posted guide is very detailed and I can land aicraft following it, but maybe it's jumping simulations (not just DCS that is) and not just modern planes that messes up my abilities. I overshoot the numbers regularly, sometimes I even entirely miss the airfield by slightly drifting off course. I guess with planes if you jump around too much at some point you stop being good at landing any of them.

And yep, I've had FAR more problems getting to grips with the Blackshark than with the Huey (If you say they changed it recently, then I guess I never even saw the Huey simulation model you meant).

Maybe having pedals makes flying helicopters easier? I dunno Anyway, the Huey sim is very good (damage modeling particularly), still it needs a Vietnam map.... I am just not feeling it in the stock DCS world map...

I didn't really intent to stir up this much discussion either ^^ I am absolutely no SIM God, I am wide-spread in my Simulation urges, and I play GTR2 for example, and IL2-46 as well as DCS.. to me it's just the allure of getting a handle on realistically simulated machines.... I have no intention of being "god like" with them. Just flying/driving or diving them around ;p

That all said, I still find the landings in IL2-46 the coolest, It really feels like you touch the ground. Sometimes in modern flight sims the runway feels more like glue.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 4, 2013, 04:20 eRe4s3r

Maybe when it's free I'll bite. I don't see why I should pay a 2nd time for a book I already own and bought on Amazon, no matter how much it is discounted  

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Sep 4, 2013, 02:02 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 23:07:
Mike: "Nothing on the internet lasts longer than two minutes."

I think that the reaction to the original comic was probably over the top, since it was a comment on RPG questing with the horror of rape being used to contrast the questor's blase attitude. It was not pro-rape in any sense.

However, the reason this issue got so much attention and lasted so long is b/c of Mike's handling of the issue subsequently. For example, there was no need to make Dickwolves merch. Seriously. And there was no need to bring it up again recently. Constantly stoking the fire meant it has lasted for years instead of the customary two minutes. And stoking it again has rekindled the fire, with predictable results.

Just let sleeping dogs lie, Mike.

Except for a site like PA any PR is good PR. The professionally offended will never get over it and provide infinite streams of money for PA. It's a perfectly working game where the offended don't even notice they are being used in front of a infinite money generating controversy machine.

The supposedly offensive joke is on several levels smart. It might even be their most viewed comic ,p

Ps.: This is one of these news items I wouldn't mind not being on Bluesnews to begin with. It has NOTHING to do with games. All this is, is essentially clickbait. If given a platform, these people will infinitely bullshit how they are offended. All the while stuff that's truly offensive is ignored.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2013, 02:08.

News Comments > DCS: UH-1H Huey Early Access
19. Re: DCS: UH-1H Huey Early Access Sep 3, 2013, 23:29 eRe4s3r

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 12:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 01:00:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 17:40:
Because your average battlefield tard would totally be willing to invest 20 hours of concentrated practice time just to avoid entering a vortex ring state every time they transition out of translational lift during landing approach. And you're average battlefield tart totally know what vortex ring state, dissymmetry of lift, retreating blade stall, and translational lift are, right? Right?

You are saying that as if flying helicopters is any kind of super difficult challenge in DCS:Huey. Although it's nice to see a helicopter sim having "nearly" correct physics now... but to say that you need 20 hours of practice to land an Huey in DCS is absurd. Assuming you understand what to do and what not to do, landing is simple and never goes wrong.

And while it's a decent heli sim, it is still lacking massively in terms of physics beyond the engineering idea of the machine itself. A good heli sim simulates environment effects and interacts with them. When was the last time you had your helicopter engines in a sim choke on a dust-storm? Or have frozen parts on your helicopter that affect sensors? Or when was the last time you tried to land on a burning oil platform with the problems that FIRE and the air drafts cause to an helicopter in all it's facets?

Did you play with the initial flight model that shipped or did you wait until after the first few patches before taking the plunge? They tweaked the weight of the stabilization bar after a couple of patches which dramatically stablized the aircraft in the pick-up and hover, and likewise reduced the tendency to enter vortex ring state. At launch, a solid 10-15 hours of practice was absolutely necessary to not enter vortex ring state on transition out of translational lift. Either that or not enter vortex ring but completely blow the landing approach and borderline lose control of the aircraft, as you overcorrect with collective trying to avoid vortex ring, but undercorrect with antitorque and go pitching and yawing away as your vertical velocity sky rockets into +15m/sec.

I had a friend who was not into flight simulators try flying the huey for the better part of an hour: he literally could not control the aircraft. The pick-up, the hover, forward flight; it didn't matter the flight regime because as soon as I would pause get him behind the controls and TrackIR recentered, he would unpause and within seconds would be mastering the art of inverted helicopter flight (hint, helicopters don't fly upside down). For someone like him, i.e. brand new to sims, then 20 hours would be the bare minimum.

Either you are a sim god, or have extensive real life rotary wing experience, because last May, the official forums were filled with threads like "My flight log says 32 hours, and I STILL can't reliably land". It simply was very, very tough to negotiate the transition between translational lift and low-speed flight, as the attendant loss in lift almost ALWAYS led to vortex ring unless you were spot on with the collective. And of course more collective means more torque, which means your feet had to be spot on as well or you would yaw like a mother fucker. I suppose it wasn't hard not to vortex -- just give way too much collective and completely blow your landing approach -- but it was VERY hard to avoid vortex while maintaining your glide path.

Even with the tweaked flight model, this shit isn't easy, not by a long stretch, which leads me to wonder if you don't have the game flight model enabled.

Well I do play all kinds of "pseudo realistic" flight simulations regularly (as in, when I am bored) and having pedals and a half-way decent joystick helps immensely in DCS: Huey for landings Maybe it's just that previous heli sims taught me the correct way to land and fly heli's (speed limits, what vertical speed vs what collective knowledge, how the thing even flies) and even with more correct physics it feels like they are not really there. Though I did notice it being a "bit" (meaning very) finicky when landing during storms but there is a specific way to land helicopters and once you understand how and why not any other way it's relatively easy.... I dunno if flying flight sims makes me a sim god, but I found helicopters always easier than modern jet planes where I find the landings truly difficult. Heck in most modern jet sims I overshoot or undershoot the tarmac. With an helicopter, I can just glide into a stop. That's a heck of a lot easier than judging flap position, wind directions and runway length vs stall-speed when landing on a dark runway.

I did not play the earliest versions no. But if your friend has such issues I think you should put him in front of less bitchy helicopters / flight sims first. And explain to him the various systems and limitations of an helicopter.

I don't consider myself a flight sim god, but I tried the DCS: Huey yesterday and it flew like basically every (simulated) helicopter I every flew just a bit more sensitive and some more pedal work was required.... but is that difficulty? That's just difference between machines imo. If the DCS engine really simulates air motion like you guys say then I must have been lucky so far. I admit I only flew a few rounds before Rome 2 but I managed to take off and land, with the "real" flight model... ;p

Ps.: Just for the record, I have a friend who flies the Sea King in the German Navy who once taught how to fly an helicopter in a less fancy Sim. Was many years ago, but the knowledge stuck.

PPs.: Also, this completely ruins my experience in flight sims. It's boring. At least with planes the landing is ALWAYS a challenge.

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2013, 04:22.

31. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II Sep 3, 2013, 23:09 eRe4s3r

Gadzooks wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 12:46:
Aside from the setting change, what all does TW Rome2 add to the series beyond what we have seen in Shogun 2? Im guessing slightly improved graphics, but are there any major gameplay changes?

There are some major changes, pivotal being how recruitment works (imo MUCH better)

Regions working like real regions = 1 regional capital and up to 3 other settlements that you can build stuff in, but for food/mood/faction/recruitment all sub-settlements of 1 region act as 1, recruiting on general from a whole region, diplomacy AI not totally insane. Drastically improved agent system where each agent has a use now. You can only have 1 active/integrated agent per army. Which is a hard choice, on the fly replacement of dead generals after battle (which are taken from your faction pool of people, faction plays a large role ,p)

Recruiting on army prevents it from moving or attacking, if you moved, no recruiting.
Siege weapons no longer totally break the movement range of an army + Forced march which doubles movement range, but prevents you from attacking, reduces moral etc. AI uses it to great effect most of the time. Proper naval invasion system.

The bad things, Naval AI is still totally borked. Auto resolve everything on oceans or despair The AI doesn't quite grasp the concept of putting an army into garrison (it does put em there if it has them, but if it has 3 it puts a random one into garission which makes it easy when it's the 2 horse stack instead of the 16 spear warriors stack, or the food system or the money system ;p Basically like always in TOTAL WAR, the AI has issues

The good things, the battles are not a drag, and fighting them is FUN. You will not see the absurd battles of Rome 1 where you can spend 60 minutes poking each other and never kill anything. Recruitment system is a VAST improvement. Regional government system is great. The immersion is absolutely fantastic. And playing as Germanic Tribes is finally not a lesson in masochism.

Or put differently, the game is faster paced and much more happens in 1 round. You can (And should) manage your faction loyalties correctly and not put the most hated general you have in command of your pwn's everything super stack. Speaking of pwn everything, the AI can still not really handle siege weapons.

And unlike in Shogun 2, in Rome 2 you really are in command of a FACTION. And not just a pivotal "god-like" leader. This also means that ignoring faction issues can be very bad for your health. Putting your opponents generals in command is unhealthy

I like Rome 2, it is for the lack of comparisons, a better Shogun 2.

Also the line of sight system means AI can't cheat. And neither can you. Although sometimes the AI is a bit dense understanding why it's troops are dying (during sieges) when it's beeing bombarded by 8 troops of heavy ballista.

13. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Total War: ROME II Sep 3, 2013, 13:04 eRe4s3r

Well with a bad CPU and an not so high-end anymore GPU i find it nicely playable on "very high" (2 steps below max) and it still looks pretty. To me far more important is the great atmosphere in battles. And the AI does seem competent up to extremely evil when it has an advantage. It uses forced march with deep strike units to great effect (and to annoy me greatly) ;p

Anyhow, finished the Prologue now and only found 1 bug so far, when you have a very large naval (invasion) force and it's foggy + a city invasion, the game seems to run at.. what I can only describe as "terrible performance" no matter the setting. It's something the CPU does though, so maybe I am cpu bound.

I replayed the match without fog and was fine.. so maybe those beta drivers are really not the best. I have most of the time 60 fps but in some angles and situations it goes down to 20 .. sigh.

Don't regret this pre-order, love the atmosphere and this game oozes detail and small interesting things left and right!

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Sep 3, 2013, 01:03 eRe4s3r

Not reading any reviews ,p Gonna play it un-spoiled. 2 Hours to go...  

6287 Comments. 315 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo