Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6952 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Announced
6. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Announced Mar 6, 2014, 20:22 eRe4s3r

Leper wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 18:26:
uggh, the embedded Youtube video everyone hates...

If any news deserves a video that takes over the front page, it's DLC for COD: Ghosts!

Not!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
27. Re: Op Ed Mar 6, 2014, 17:03 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 13:45:
Verno wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 13:29:
They offer the Crusader in the character select which is surprising considering the expansion doesn't land til the 25th, seems almost a bit misleading to have an "Upgrade" option sitting there in place of the ok button. Just in case anyone else thought if they upgraded now they could play one, you can't

Yeah, that's messed up, lol. I fired up the game after having pre-ordered RoS, patching up and upgrading to the B.net launcher... Saw the Crusader there and got excited for a second, but nope. That along with already seeing all the other options and skills that will be activated by the expansion in three weeks, it's just a little cruel.

You have to admit it's great in-game advertising though Hard to resist the expansion... when you have fun and see all this stuff that would be even more fun.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 6, 2014, 12:52 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 11:46:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 11:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 09:58:
For home, if you have any pc sense you don't even need real-time protection anymore. But if you think you do, then why pay for something you can get for free?

Viruses aren't the problem with my family members anymore (not that it can't happen but it's very rare) but it's the ninja installs of other apps when they download apps from the net. Non wanted search apps or lying apps that tell you something is wrong and you need to buy something, hijacking software if anything is the main issue for users now.

And that software can disable protection on a PC easily.... snakeoil vendors all of them ;p

Yep. I mention them if you download something off the net that you went in search of, when installing really take note of those popups. No sometimes means yes. Sometimes you think you are installing what you want but in small writing it's another app. It's the arm-pit of the computer world, nothing but deception and this is even from fairly trusted download sites. Your probably like me, I'll do extra searching to find a location that downloads just the app I want, it now is a pain sometimes, but man the tricks they try to pull on install.

The adobe flash updates are also always fun. Can't say how often I had to come to a PC because application was there suddenly that nobody admitted to installing. Flash installs mcafee if you don't uncheck it...a classic.

what you say there is actually a HUGE problem. How do you guarantee authenticity of an application you downloaded? Because most developers are complete retards. MD5 hashes MEAN JACK SHIT. Anyone hacking a site can change those hashes, and a trojaned download would pass all checks. (That one is a classic, ever tried downloading PUTTY ? no https / unprotected md5 hashes, public PGP key is not listed in online databases (so it can't be validated).... PUTTY ! If even the developer of such an elementary application knows jack shit about protection things look really bad.

That's why open source is not better either. Someone is gonna distribute compiled packages, there is no way to authenticate these. No way to tell if something was changed or not. No way to even download most VITAL applications with proper https connection and some way to confirm application authenticity...

I think this is going to become a way bigger issue as time progresses. You think checkboxes are bad? Wait till you no longer can be sure the application you downloaded is the legit application. Even if it's from the apparent official site (in case of Putty, the entire infrastructure is 1 huge clusterfuck)

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
11. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 12:40 eRe4s3r

Gadzooks wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 12:16:
Cant wait

This game feels like Max Payne 1 + Deus Ex HR + GTA all wrapped up in one.

Exactly, one of the few games I am Interested in this year.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 6, 2014, 11:34 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 09:58:
For home, if you have any pc sense you don't even need real-time protection anymore. But if you think you do, then why pay for something you can get for free?

Viruses aren't the problem with my family members anymore (not that it can't happen but it's very rare) but it's the ninja installs of other apps when they download apps from the net. Non wanted search apps or lying apps that tell you something is wrong and you need to buy something, hijacking software if anything is the main issue for users now.

And that software can disable protection on a PC easily.... snakeoil vendors all of them ;p

News Comments > Qvadriga and Demo Released
7. Re: Qvadriga and Demo Released Mar 5, 2014, 21:11 eRe4s3r

What a strange game... turn based.. chariot racing.. heh not half bad actually..  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 14:17 eRe4s3r

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 13:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 10:24:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 10:06:
Because chefs make food their bitch?

Because after eating their products you are left hungry despite paying vastly too much for art-decor on the plate with miniscule portions that wouldn't even make a toddler full.

Typical American. "I don't care about taste or presentation, just give me a trough of food so I can waddle away happily full! In fact, just point me to the buffet!".

The joke is on you, I am not American nor is that what I mean I don't eat for pleasure, I eat because I am hungry and THEN with pleasure. But if you put something in front of me that leaves me hungry when I am supposed to pay then wtf was the point of that?

4. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 12:56 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 12:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 10:24:

Because after eating their products you are left hungry despite paying vastly too much for art-decor on the plate with miniscule portions that wouldn't even make a toddler full.

not always, but yeh too many of them are exactly like this

I actually had the best steak I ever ate in a completely unknown hotel It was filling my entire plate, and it tasted like you cut god in tiny meat pieces and made them appear like steak. Ah.. It was definitely unhealthy as fuck eating that, but I loved it ....

And funnily enough, the best meat I ever ate came from an catering service. Some specially prepared pig of some kind.... ah.. I am glad not to be vegan

2. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 5, 2014, 10:24 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 5, 2014, 04:58 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 04:02:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 23:30:
60 % of Americans believe the stories in the bible literally: Genesis, Noah's arc, etc. So the fact that they think HTML is a disease is completely pedestrian.

I only know what HTML and SEO are because I work in the industry. If I didn't, I might still know because I like reading about technology, but people with other interests may not. For example, what does ATM mean to you?

That many?? I think that figure is bogus, I mean why arent there more witch burnings and lynchings in the street then?? Because if that figure is correct things of that nature should be happening every day...

A cynic would reply that the USA replaced witch burnings with the war on terror....

News Comments > 50 More Steam Greenlights
10. Re: 50 More Steam Greenlights Mar 5, 2014, 04:51 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 00:35:
KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 00:25:
Steam needs to put more quality control so that titles like guise of the wolf dont plague steam itself. Come on Valve hire some people who can simply look at games and make sure its not just garbage.
I thought the entire point of Greenlight was so that Valve employees didn't have to look at all the games.

And the end result of that is... see store page of Steam right now So much crap, so little good stuff.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
50. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 15:27 eRe4s3r

Dagnamit wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 10:37:
I found stuff for my demon hunter now that completely changes how she plays. And it's optional, hard choices to make as well since you find a lot of cool stuff.

Exactly,

I found a neck for my newly rolled level 20 wizard that makes him an arcane dealing god. something like 21% passive arcane dmg buff with a 4 charge arcane shield that deals 317% weapon damage, in 5yd AOE. It scales with level and weapons so well I honestly don't think I'll ever replace it. I should probably bump the difficulty just because of it, tbh.

I found amulet that heals me when I take arcane damage, and protects me completely otherwise from it, so I can stand in the laser beam traps arcane enchanted enemies throw around and heal myself Kinda cool amulet with otherwise crappy stats, don't think I'll replace THAT anytime soon. Complete Immunity to arcane damage is a huge buff ,p

As well as a body armor that allows me to summon 3 wolf companions instead of 1 (each doing 150% weapon damage and acting like the dudes a Witch Doctor gets, I am DH, so 3 wolves + companion that does 50k damage and I have a group of basically 4 guys and my character dealing damage nonstop. My wolves can handle most enemies on Master by themselves, Torment 2 is my current playground, although death still comes quickly... )

And that's in the range of 12 hours play time. 10 legendaries for my DH, including an legendary crossbow that shoots an explosive bolt every second attack, and thus allows me to do rapid fire attack with AOE Including some item that gives me poison nova on every second enemy I hit (but focused on me) so enemies close to me take lots of damage as well. My DH has become an AOE death dealer deluxe with crowd.

I quite enjoy the new Patch 2.0 experience to be honest. Adventure mode looks exactly like what Diablo 3 needs to be fun with strangers.

Considering Torment level 70 drops different legendaries I have no doubt that there are going to be items you find that allow you to change how you play drastically and according to YOUR wishes.

I found all those legendaries with my DH doing the entire Diablo quest line up to killing Diablo from the start just to see what has changed in patch 2.0 ... Normally you'd find me bashing Blizzard, but this Patch does things right. It's not hugely innovative nor does it fix EVERY problem Diablo 3 has, but it's FUN to play again.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2014, 15:32.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
13. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:31 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:49:
nin wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 09:31:
Except when you realize that there they have fundamentally changed nothing, NOTHING with the expansion.

Did you read the patch notes?

They have tried to make the game more replayable, but they have failed to realise its not about the LOOT (or at least not SOLELY about the loot) but more about the characters and their specific builds.

Wildly disagree with that. To me, the game was always about loot. Like, totally.

Think back, think back to Diablo2:LOD please. Think of the builds you tried or attempted to make, think of the Javazon, the Burizon, the Hammerdin, the Zealot, the Warcrier Barbarian.....the myrad number of possible builds for every simple class.

A lot of those builds depended on specific loot items and combinations (Still missing in Diablo3)

A lot of those builds depended on specific skill tree progressions and synergies (Still missing in Diablo3)

ALL of those builds were playable on the hardest difficulty even without the best equipment (Unless you spent your points willy nilly, but Still missing in Diablo3)

Also, (mostly) completely random levels, mini bosses, monster placements. Nuff said.

Also replayability, why would you ever roll more than one character of each class in D3??

Still think it was ALL about the loot?

Yes, Diablo was also for me completely about the Loot, like TOTALLY.

Now your characters and skills are modified by legendary secondary stats. Of which there are MANY. And they change how characters play, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. What you claim is a step back is a huge step forward, items modify character builds, not putting points in some skill.

I found stuff for my demon hunter now that completely changes how she plays. And it's optional, hard choices to make as well since you find a lot of cool stuff.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 4, 2014, 05:50 eRe4s3r

Or maybe good reviewers review a game for FUN, and Castlevania 1 and 2 are very little fun. And 2 specifically seems a bad game (imo, from onlooker experience, haven't played it)  

News Comments > DICE Addressing BF "Netcode"
25. Re: DICE Addressing BF Mar 4, 2014, 04:10 eRe4s3r

Tom wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 18:07:
It'd be nice if they fixed it so that you couldn't get shot so often after already having taken cover. That is really annoying. If they fixed that, maybe I'd play a little more. And they'd have to do a heck of a lot more than that to convince me to buy Premium. Not shoving it down my throat every time I go to play would be a start.

That happens because of tick-rate, currently servers run on 10hz that means, 1 tick every 100ms - also called "server induced lag"

This means if you have ping of 20, your actual ping is 120 (in worst case) and 21 (in best case) depending on when during a tick you do something. This sounds terrible but in reality it's very useful ;p During each tick 100% sync info needs to be send, this is HUGE amount of bandwidth for a vast open maps with hundreds of things that change every few seconds like BF4 has them.

Even increasing tick-rate to 20hz would be a vast improvement though servers would require lots more bandwidth.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
80. Re: Stick of truth US key Mar 4, 2014, 03:39 eRe4s3r

Flo wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 02:51:
Hi guys,
bit of an emergency. Can anyone get me a US steam key for stick of truth? The german version is censored. I will gladly pay(pal) upfront to a trusted bluesnews veteran.
Will sending a key even work this way?

You may want to look here and then forget you ever saw that link

So technically you could buy it right there... I am not giving you any guarantees though ,p Also that claims the game is not region locked. So you get a US key it's gonna be uncensored.

By the way... that's where I buy all my origin games....but I never bought a Steam game there. And I admit I am always doubtful about these things, when I say *all* I mean i bought 2 Origin games on there and it worked with no issues. But that doesn't mean there aren't issues... heheh. In case you guys ever wondered why I don't mind Origin and it's rip-off pricing, that's why..

I am just saying, there are other ways to get a US steam key than trading keys ^^

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 4, 2014, 03:31 eRe4s3r

And here I could stream the entire olympics, ever single event, live in HD over the internet. It's even archived, so I can WATCH every single event RIGHT NOW if I wanted to.

That's how customer service works. ^^

Forgot to mention: For free

71. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 15:10 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 12:42:
Why is there a load-screen at every window (literally) or why are the guards so extremely retarded.... in Thief 3, if you triggered the alert state, you were pretty well on your way to a morgue unless you went full assassin and killed EVERYONE (It was actually fun playing like that, because it wasn't easy to kill every guard in the game without dieing ,p)

There aren't load screens at literally every window. Only at the windows that load other zones of the city. Most of the windows just open. The "E" mashing gets pretty tedious, though. It was tedious in the Arkham games and just as tedious here. Not sure why any designer thinks that's a good mechanic these days (or even in the past). It might be because they need to delay the window opening so that they can finish loading the room. Perhaps the mashing keeps the player busy during this process so it's less obvious..? Stupid either way. I'd rather just sit and wait for him to open the window.

As for AI, yeah, it definitely seems to have some pathing issues. Thankfully, the way I play keeps AI issues hidden since I'm not allowed to be detected and I'm not allowed to neutralize anyone. With those rules, the AI does its job well enough.

While it was hyperbole (ok, and I didn't play the game, I watched a let's play), don't you think that animation and slow button mash sequence is there to hide a loading screen? Why else would it be there, it has no gameplay reason... to me, that is like an elevator ride in mass effect 1, except you have to mash buttons for the loading bar to reach 100% (and now that I thought of that, that's how I will see every single one of these sequences in the future, wee ,p)

They are manual load-screens, haha

50. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2014, 08:43 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 07:15:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 06:06:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 01:30:
You can manually drop from ledges and you can take fall damage. The problem is that the game isn't consistent with how these things work. Sometimes you can just walk off a ledge, other times you have to press X. Same with jumps. Sometimes you'll automatically jump when running towards a ledge, other times you'll just fall off. In AC, these things were consistent. If you ran towards a ledge, you would always jump off, even if there was nothing to jump to. And if you weren't running, you would always stop when reaching a ledge. Consistency is key. It doesn't matter if it's first-person or third-person.
True it could be more consistent especially with the running and jumping, that's a bit annoying that one. But the falling I don't really have an issue with as you can tell straight away if you need to press x or not. Calling AC consistent is funny, he doesn't always do things consistently at all - grabbing on to all sorts of things instead of what you intended, "What are you doing" is something I often shout at the monitor Never had that problem with Thief, just "ugh, cant run and jump to that one..."

Point is that I sometimes want to lurk over the edge, which you can do when you have to press X to drop down. There were times where my intention was to lurk, but Garrett decided to walk right off the edge, more often than not dropping dead or alerting guards. That shit is alt-F4 material.

I agree, but speaking of Assassins Creed, in every single on of these I shouted at least 20 times at the screen something like "Why the fuck are you grabbing that" ..... you actually have to play AC in a very certain way not to constantly run into this issue... especially when these stupid "run after a dude and tackle him" missions come. can't believe how often I accidentally fucked these up

Thie f4 is ALT+F4 material though for sure

But speaking about Thief 4 again, I am kinda baffled why they didn't just run with the ending of Thief 3, a young girl gone thief trained by Garret would have been interesting to play and opened an interesting new aspect and even some moral reflections on the players.

Instead we run after here and she becomes little more than a princess we have to rescue. The game reeks of outdated game design too. Why for example, are the shops behind load-screens, why isn't it integrated properly into the world? Why is there a load-screen at every window (literally) or why are the guards so extremely retarded.... in Thief 3, if you triggered the alert state, you were pretty well on your way to a morgue unless you went full assassin and killed EVERYONE (It was actually fun playing like that, because it wasn't easy to kill every guard in the game without dieing ,p)

Thief 4 is another game that is a farce when compared to the previous games. Why is stuff like this even made... sigh.

Not saying it is BAD, but man I liked Thief before, now it's just a major tedious thing. The city hub is the greatest detriment of them all. Load screens and respawning guards. YAY

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
13. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 3, 2014, 03:17 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Mar 2, 2014, 16:27:
I think it's probably been good overall, but there have definitely been some negatives involved with it as well. Lack of attention span in the population at large is probably the #1 issue (likely) directly related to the rise of the internet.

I'm glad we have it. I just wish we'd stop letting cockshits like Verizon and Comcast and AT&T rape everybody for having the audacity to actually use it.

Nah, attention span was always short. Before the news just traveled slower, and there was less of it because news papers censored every little thing.

Telegraph changed everything, the Internet is just an extension... personally I'd not want to miss the information, but I wouldn't mind living in a world where that information isn't in the web but still readily accessible (And I don't mean books!) ;p

Sort of like a digital hand-held offline lexicon... speaking of that, I wonder if you could grab the entire wikipedia in 1 language and put it on a tablet yet with working search and some stripping of "stupid stuff" like the URL links that take up half an entire articles HTML code.

Apparently such a thing already exists.. hah -> WikiDroyd

Edit: Better app. AARD

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2014, 03:31.

6952 Comments. 348 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo