Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7321 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Armored Warfare Trailer
2. Re: Armored Warfare Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 19:40 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 19:26:
That was completely nonsensical.

And it showed everything I hate about WoT and all these others pseudo tank games... 1 hit kills

Obviously a modern MBT one shots everything that's not another MBT so why even put them in the game in a mixed match? It seems like the least fun setting when it comes to armored warfare that one can imagine. Everything with TOW/Milan pwns everything else to boot (every single non-mbt vehicle!)

Absurd setting, 0 fun guaranteed unless they balance it extremely well and don't allow certain match configs and vehicle setups...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 10, 2014, 19:19 eRe4s3r

4k monitors will make watching non 4k content ... extremely, butt, ugly. Just saying  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Co-op Support
4. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 14:44 eRe4s3r

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 14:29:
Far Cry 3 had co-op as well, but it was a separate part of the game. Unless they specifically say "Campaign Co-op", I will believe it's a bullshit side-game. SO many games tossed out "co-op!" on the package, only to find it meant something different from expected.

Saint's Row got it right, and improved from one game to the next, to where you almost NEED a second player for SR4.

Anyway, they confirm this is campaign co-op, it'll be the first game I've bought day-one in years.

Uh, in the E3 video they specifically said "Drop in coop"

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay
24. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Mini-Delay Jun 7, 2014, 06:12 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 17:00:
To me it's even quite a bit different than Divine Divinity. Those were real time, that alone makes gameplay totally different. To me it is a lot like a BG game with hopefully NWN style mod-ability. What I would envision an updated BG would be like in 2014.

They are doing a lot of this imo by the seat of their pants here at crunch time, it looks like it is going to turn out well. Perhaps a bit buggy at first. But if they make bank DOS 2 should be off the hinges with lessons learned here.

Also today they dropped another phat update. Coming about every 2 weeks now.

And they better be considering how much stuff is still unbalanced and placeholder

Man, can you believe they had released without KS funds? Would have been a total catastrophe

News Comments > PC FIFA 15 Using Next-Gen Engine
11. Re: PC FIFA 15 Using Next-Gen Engine Jun 6, 2014, 20:19 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 17:59:
Quboid wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 17:11:
My guess is that in the rush to get a new version out for the annual release, they could only manage 2 platforms for FIFA 14.

Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 15:11:
So are you soccer fans excited about the world cup? Punch

A month of football? You bet!

Even as an American and a (former) fan of American football (no time to watch sports these days), I have to admit that European football has the better claim to the name "football." I've always felt that American football should be called something else, given that it's barely played with the feet at all. I have no idea what that might be, but I've always felt it has been misnamed.

Egg ball ;p

Well I for one watch the games that are broadcasted.. doesn't hurt.. and is sometimes good entertainment...

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer
13. Re: Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer Jun 6, 2014, 14:26 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 14:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 09:45:
And I for one will not even touch this one with a 600 foot pole... it's not Battlefield in anything but name.

DICE is doing the multiplayer, Visceral is doing the single player campaign.

It will play like a Battlefield game, expect fast paced arcade action not slow tactical shooter. I've always thought this would be a good theme for a Battlefield game, some of the more popular maps in Battlefield 3 and 4 almost have a feeling of cops vs robbers.

To me cop vs robber is about the most boring theme you could come up with, aside from WW2 of course.... and no, driving around in civilian vehicles got jack shit to do with battlefield. Battlefield is about mass-scale war and destruction of everything. Not 2 small time gangsters doing a shoot-out in a bank. And they can fluff this up however much they try. But it's cop vs robber, and thus a snore fest.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 6, 2014, 09:47 eRe4s3r

wtf_man wrote on Jun 6, 2014, 09:34:
"Snowden is a traitor because I can't make as much money off American tech products anymore... nevermind that government spying on their own citizens stuff... that's irrelevant"

That's pretty much what I got out of that article.

Unfortunately, even though I'm American, any tech company that has supported warrant-less surveillance in any way shape or form, deserves what it gets.

The problem is... innocent companies will suffer as well. That's not Snowden's fault... it's Washington's.

If you truly believe politicians control the secret government you have not been paying attention Secret government is what controls politicians.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer
4. Re: Battlefield Hardline in October; New Trailer Jun 6, 2014, 09:45 eRe4s3r

And I for one will not even touch this one with a 600 foot pole... it's not Battlefield in anything but name.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
44. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2014, 14:03 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 20:51:
nin wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 18:03:
BA Expressway, westbound, left lane, right before the Sheridan exit? Exact same deal there - guy in front rapidly slowed, to the point that I wasn't sure I was going to stop in time. Once we hit the water, I suddenly knew why he slowed...almost a pants peeing couple of moments.

Mine was on 169 southbound, right at the 61st street exit. It dips quite badly there, and on really bad days they even close it down because of all the water.

It might have helped if they had put the drain at the actual BOTTOM of the dip, rather than about five feet before it gets there, but even so, if the rain would sink through the asphalt rather than just run down the concrete, it wouldn't be an issue.

We should just pay the Germans to come do our roads.

You haven't seen our roads then Seriously, yes.. the Highways are super functional and in perfect condition, but get off highways and to public city roadways and you experience 3rd world live... and our bridges are falling apart just as everyone else's because 140 billion € would be needed to fix them.. and you know how much Germany spends on fixing bridges? 1 billion € (And it's for bridges and roads that are owned by the state, not by cities)

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2014, 12:01 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 11:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 10:23:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 09:54:
Story has me confused he talks up 4K but is using a 1440P monitor.

"Asus’ latest 4K monitor, the PB287Q" - It's not 4K.

I did a search and another article is talking about this model being 4K. But both Amazon and New Egg have this monitor at 1440P.

ASUS PB287Q, LED-Monitor
3840x2160 Pixel
699€

You look at the wrong stores ,)

And if you were really curious.. well there is the official site
https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/PB287Q/

I figured something was up, what happens when I searched is both those places took me to 278 vs 287, no heads up or nothing. So it was in details. Thanks for clearing that up for me. (Yep Beamer)

Oh wow... indeed it takes you to the 278 on amazon and it's super easy to confuse the 2.... well This is probably going to confuse many others as well

Really confusing naming scheme this has going on...

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2014, 10:23 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 09:54:
Story has me confused he talks up 4K but is using a 1440P monitor.

"Asus’ latest 4K monitor, the PB287Q" - It's not 4K.

I did a search and another article is talking about this model being 4K. But both Amazon and New Egg have this monitor at 1440P.

ASUS PB287Q, LED-Monitor
3840x2160 Pixel
699€

You look at the wrong stores ,)

And if you were really curious.. well there is the official site
https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/PB287Q/

3. Re: The hidden problem Jun 5, 2014, 10:22 eRe4s3r

Pigeon wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 08:56:
I rarely use Chrome, but can't you increase the font and everything through a simple keystroke like ctrl+ ? I know you can with firefox.

Uh... and how about you try that combo on your browser to answer your own question? You can scale websites up, but certain stuff is not scaled up (GUI of the Browser/desktop/any application/Flash)

There are applications that are completely unusable at that high a res. And certainly 99% of all games are too. Especially games where you have to click on something.. I mean, you ever actually tried upscaling resolutions on games? And how much of the GUI suddenly becomes SUPER TINY? (Like subtitles, menu etc?)

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 4, 2014, 13:02 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 12:25:
A) Hipsters are douchebags.

B) Most people don't like being spied on surreptitiously. At least with a cell or camera you have to point it at me.

C) If they're not going to display any courtesy in the first place then fuck them. I'm not going to talk them because it would be a complete waste of breath and time. If you don't understand that its wrong to spy on people then someone having a little chat with you about it isn't going to change anything because you're a pervy douchebag.

I would not be amused if someone took my photo in public (that's putting it lightly actually ,p) but I would always talk to the person in question.

Also your argumentation is how wars start "Why would I talk to them, they are clearly in the wrong" .. this is what Obama is doing right now with Russia. Being a dick is not an excuse for bad behavior, but being a dick over someone being a dick is stupid. It's not just stupid, but dickish behavior and gets you nowhere.

Heh, actually your argumentation is so utterly flawed. Go outside in the UK for example, and you are on 60 hdd's by the time you reached that café that you spot a glass user in.

(Never understood how brits justify that to themselves, reality distortion field deluxe?)

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 4, 2014, 10:39 eRe4s3r

Just a friendly warning.. wi-fi jammers are illegal. And we are not talking "slap on the wrist" illegal here.

I don't get the anti-hipster tards at all. If you don't like someone wearing glass in your close by proximity TALK TO THEM. What the fuck happened to talking to people? Is the world turning into assholes or what is it? Heck I'd talk to someone wearing google glass just to see how it works... people are just.. such jackasses lately. It's not like google glass makes you any less spied on. Complain about the NSA for fucks sake, not google.

Or complain about how Obama just restarts the cold war over an issue the US CAUSED ITSELF.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2014, 10:46.

35. Re: Why Solar Roadways Won't Work Jun 3, 2014, 19:34 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 19:08:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 18:09:
3 things

1) Putting solar panels on parking space is like putting a coffee-maker that needs virgin blood on the moon. You park during day on parking spaces, you may also park during night on parking spaces... making that completely pointless. Put roof over them and solar on top, easier, cheaper.

2) You can buy transparent solar panels to be used in giant office towers already, the tech exists and is mature, they even offer shading and UV protection inside, while absorbing everything outside

3) There is no, way, ever, that this produces enough power in it's short life to off-set the INSANE production cost or melt snow at -30°C And you need to connect that technology to the power grid, meaning you need some MAJOR infrastructure to convert voltage up and down, to store energy etc.... and that is infrastructure running ALONG the road. Because you can't connect infinite pieces of this technology together, or the internal currents will completely burn the connections.

And then there is the obvious problem that ice on those panels in the street will still need salt and snow plowing. Making the entire idea completely pointless. (If you don't know why.. 2 words, opaque glass)

Don't get me wrong, I am all for future tech usually, but putting solar panels in the road is stupid. Put them on roofs, where they make sense. Put roofs above everything for all I care... would make for a lot better driving ....

True. They'd work in less trafficked areas but in cities they'd be near useless - except as you mentioned rooftops - and sides of buildings. Anyplace with constant exposure really.

It'd be much smarter to utilize wind in major cities. Hell look at Chicago. It's not the 'Windy City' for no reason. Throw up micro wind turbines everywhere. Hell, what was that article that was on the OOTB a few months back about an entirely new kind of wind turbine? It looked more like a wheat thresher than a propeller. And they claimed it was hella more efficient, cheaper and easier to install everywhere. Wind-pods I think they were called.

Wouldn't be a bad idea but whenever "wind turbine" is mentioned I gotta think of the 3 that are about 4km from my living place... and the noise they make ;( These things are extremely huge though.... so they make a very deep "whoosh" sound.. you can get used to that more or less.... (But underneath them you couldn't really live at all, they make a hellish noise when it's windy)

I have the fear that small tube turbines would make one hell of a screeching sound during windy/storm periods. Since the same thing would happen as if you were to blow into a pipe at a sharp angle....

These tech ideas are always so interesting at the beginning until you go into the nitty gritty details....

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
18. Re: Game as a service Jun 3, 2014, 19:20 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 18:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 15:37:
But to whom, exactly? So this is yet another wants-to-be-mmo?

That's it exactly it isn't it? An MMO by any other name...

Wonder why they aren't calling it for what it is then... in fact this entire announcement confuses the shit out of me. A game as a service... with 4 player coop and procedural missions? So you pay.. monthly fees for the right to play the game? Or what?

30. Re: Why Solar Roadways Won't Work Jun 3, 2014, 18:09 eRe4s3r

Jivaro wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 17:25:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 16:47:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 12:28:
I suspected as much when I originally saw the solar freakin' roadways video, however I didn't take time to think about it. At a simplistic level it seems like a great idea, but in reality it makes no sense whatsoever. Too bad, I could go for not having to shovel snow off my driveway any longer...

Yes, but just like Mr. British accent, it's easy to pick apart an idea and much harder to look into why it could work. His first complaint is that asphalt is such a wonderful, grippy surface and glass is not. Which is bullshit, as anyone in a state where it rains a lot or freezes in the winter can tell you. Get an inch of rain and your wonderful asphalt is about as grippy as ice. The guy sounds like a fucking shill for the oil industry.

And the cost? Well, holy fuck, nobody said it would all be replaced in a year, or even a decade. Not to mention power production mitigates a lot of that cost over time.

Yeah, while that video brings up some fairly interesting and completely valid points it also makes abundant use of the "this is too much of a problem to overcome" tactic. In other words, acknowledge that we have a difficult issue to address but make the proposed solution seem like an even bigger hassle so as to get people to stop thinking of solutions before they even start.

Personally, I look at this technology/concept and see it as something you use in parking lots or drive ways. I am not really sure I see it being something you can use for long distances or heavily traveled freeways. I don't think it needs to be limited to road ways either. For example, if corporate buildings had these things on the sides they could both save energy and sell space for advertising.

In the end, if the energy and pollution required to produce the things does not outweigh the savings after they are on the market (and that is a huge IF) than I think this tech will find a place.....after quite a bit of concept evolution. I seriously doubt I will see HWY 101 or HWY 880 covered in these things anytime soon.

3 things

1) Putting solar panels on parking space is like putting a coffee-maker that needs virgin blood on the moon. You park during day on parking spaces, you may also park during night on parking spaces... making that completely pointless. Put roof over them and solar on top, easier, cheaper.

2) You can buy transparent solar panels to be used in giant office towers already, the tech exists and is mature, they even offer shading and UV protection inside, while absorbing everything outside

3) There is no, way, ever, that this produces enough power in it's short life to off-set the INSANE production cost or melt snow at -30°C And you need to connect that technology to the power grid, meaning you need some MAJOR infrastructure to convert voltage up and down, to store energy etc.... and that is infrastructure running ALONG the road. Because you can't connect infinite pieces of this technology together, or the internal currents will completely burn the connections.

And then there is the obvious problem that ice on those panels in the street will still need salt and snow plowing. Making the entire idea completely pointless. (If you don't know why.. 2 words, opaque glass)

Don't get me wrong, I am all for future tech usually, but putting solar panels in the road is stupid. Put them on roofs, where they make sense. Put roofs above everything for all I care... would make for a lot better driving ....

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 15:48 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:15:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 09:07:
Apologies for yielding to what might seem to some as sensationalist press but this one shocked me. Two 12 yrs. stab a friend over 19 times. Police claim they planned it for months and had a sleep over with the victim the night before the attack.

Crazy and sad.

Holy fucking shit!!!

WTF is this world coming to?

You seriously asking this question? I think the 2 girls who did this should get a lifelong ticket to an insane asylum. And the parents... should be neutered. But remember, each story has 2 sides.... still.. this is fucked up indeed.

23. Re: Why Solar Roadways Won't Work Jun 3, 2014, 15:42 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 12:28:
I suspected as much when I originally saw the solar freakin' roadways video, however I didn't take time to think about it. At a simplistic level it seems like a great idea, but in reality it makes no sense whatsoever. Too bad, I could go for not having to shovel snow off my driveway any longer...

Depending on your drive-way the solution could be easy (roof) or impossible

But hey, shoveling snow keeps you fit.

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
13. Game as a service Jun 3, 2014, 15:37 eRe4s3r

But to whom, exactly? So this is yet another wants-to-be-mmo?  

7321 Comments. 367 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo