Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8712 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Mar 20, 2015, 06:22 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 03:24:
I don't get it. Are they just going to ignore Alien3 ever happened or what?

Not sure that'd be the worst thing ever for that IP Let's hope they REALLY ignore Aliens Colonial marines though. Because if that is canon this IP is dead.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dying Light Killing It
16. Re: Dying Light Killing It Mar 19, 2015, 16:50 eRe4s3r

Blue wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 10:08:
necrosis wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 09:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 09:51:
Just as a fyi.. facebook image hosting fucking sucks. No facebook account = no image.
OK so its not just me.

Click link, get white page.

Social media is making companies sloppier about stuff like this all the time. Not only is the infographic not posted on the Dying Light website, visiting there hits you with an offer to pre-purchase the game.

Yeah and this was not meant as a jab at you I honestly believe that the PR person that did this doesn't know that. It's also always hilarious because most of the time PR and website are literally done by different companies. Website likely run and hosted by publisher, PR done by PR firm.

Anyway... a white page is very soothing

News Comments > Dying Light Killing It
2. Re: Dying Light Killing It Mar 19, 2015, 09:51 eRe4s3r

Just as a fyi.. facebook image hosting fucking sucks. No facebook account = no image.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 19, 2015, 09:26 eRe4s3r

IAMLIT_REFLEX wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 00:06:
The Grand Theft Auto CEO? I never knew GTA was a corporation.

What, did you expect proper non-clickbait non-bullshit headlines from a site called Gamesindustry.biz ?

I sure don't. The article even neglects to mention that ESRB is independent and appoints whoever the fuck it wants. And apparently that was the Take 2 CEO.. slow news days

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Closed Beta This Month
1. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Closed Beta This Month Mar 19, 2015, 07:04 eRe4s3r

Just to remind everyone..
July 27, 2010 .. Star Craft 2 release date
We have
March 19, 2015 !

5 years for 2 expansions.. that's just sad.

March 12, 2013 was the Heart of Swarm release date (a lofty 3 years for 1 expansion)

So is Blizzard just REALLY slow, or are they developing this on the backburner with like 5 people?

General Discussion > Cities Skyline Bluesnoobs
11. No subject Mar 19, 2015, 03:45 eRe4s3r

Heh I got to 76k and only now used those "pointers" (restricting heavy traffic is genius, but sadly not possible in my giant BLOB of a city..

Just 1 image
http://imgur.com/Bbyzmnc

Btw, I think the game is very very pretty at times.. when you have enough custom buildings installed that the repetition breaks up

News Comments > Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development
12. Re: Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development Mar 19, 2015, 02:19 eRe4s3r

Orogogus wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 00:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 23:40:
Orogogus wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 23:33:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 23:29:
They probably owed some pretty hefty royalties to Games Workshop for using their license too.

Given the games that have been getting the 40K license, I find this hard to believe.

It's very likely that it's not an upfront license cost, but an revenue based percentage and that could fuck small developers over very nicely post release.

A revenue based percentage would work better for small developers than the large up front cost. And if it was a really bad deal for small devs then you wouldn't expect to see so freaking many of them signing up to make games from the bottom of the barrel (MOBA, lane defense, battle chess, twin stick shooter, 2D side scroller, etc.). If anything, you'd think the evidence would be suggesting that GW is demanding something exorbitant from big developers.

Well considering the devs that made these games often made just that 1 game.... I would definitely think it's exorbitant

News Comments > Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development
7. Re: Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development Mar 18, 2015, 23:40 eRe4s3r

Orogogus wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 23:33:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 23:29:
They probably owed some pretty hefty royalties to Games Workshop for using their license too.

Given the games that have been getting the 40K license, I find this hard to believe.

It's very likely that it's not an upfront license cost, but an revenue based percentage and that could fuck small developers over very nicely post release.

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: The Adam Sandler Video Game Movie Looks Terrible. Mar 18, 2015, 18:41 eRe4s3r

I thought that was a decent movie, although 2 minutes was very short.

.. oh wait.. you telling me this was a trailer?

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
54. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 18:35 eRe4s3r

Btw I totally get that, THAC0, DC, AC, Saves, SR, MR everything was a huge confusing mess.

I winged my ass through IWD 1/IWD 2 and BG 1/2/TOB without ever knowing any of these systems in detail though.. so it's not like that was REQUIRED to know, apart from knowing what number is better or worse (in BG, this especially was hilarious, with negative armor and all that ;p) And it only got worse later when they changed that in NWN and onwards because I was used to the other way then...

That said, PoE is not DnD, thank the heavens

42. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 18, 2015, 06:23 eRe4s3r

Flo wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 06:11:
InBlack wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 03:25:
I kind of ignored the development of this, lets hope it turns out better than Divinity. Divinity had some great combat mechanics but the story and characters were bland sauce, couldnt keep my attention for that long.
Sadly, I agree.

Pretty much yeah.. decent combat, but barely ok story and really not ok characters. A complete lack of character growth, characterization and interactions between characters. Even the dialog between characters seemed generic and inconsequential... but at least it was a decent RPG... in a way.

News Comments > TITAN X Available
3. Re: TITAN X Available Mar 17, 2015, 20:11 eRe4s3r

That's quaint and all, but someone should tell Nvidia that VR needs at least 95fps, and is optimally at steady 120fps....

So they are still 2 or 3 card generations away from that goal... ;p

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed
21. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed Mar 17, 2015, 19:32 eRe4s3r

Cpmartins wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 18:33:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 14:53:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:34:
Must... avoid...any...spoilers...

Must...avoid..getting...too...hyped up...

That aside, The PoEt expansion has been known of since the Kickstarter started getting some decent funding; it was one of the stretch goals I think? It's been on sale on their website for awhile now.

Based on my admittedly limited understanding of PoEt mechanics so far, this may be the first RPG I play through as a rogue(firearms based) first, instead of a melee fighter of some sort.

This game looks so good!

It takes an iron will not to click on any of these videos. But I am holding ,p I don't want a spoiler in any way. Also does anyone know if the mega 10+ level dungeon is actually in?

The megadungeon, aka Endless Paths of Od Nua, is in of course, and it's 15 levels deep.

Quinn wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 17:09:
Noob question: Is PoE part of the Forgotten Realms? Please say yes (unless it's a lie).

It has absolutely 100% nothing to do with Forgotten Realms, whilst keeping the overall feel and lore of the setting.

Thank you Well I am waiting for afternoon on the 26th then with much hype 8 more days.. sigh

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Battlefield Hardline
19. Re: Ship Ahoy - Battlefield Hardline Mar 17, 2015, 19:27 eRe4s3r

The funny thing is.. this is a classic example of "overdoing" a theme. Imagine Hardline had been a true, honest to good cop vs criminals game. One that reflects current hot topic issues, police violence, corruption, the massive drug problem that the US government caused... etc. That would not have been a battlefield at all, it would have been however vastly better than this unrealistic bullshit of bombast, explosions and effects.

EA's problem? Payday already exists. And I think many who played the beta of Hardline had one of these 2 emotions, "I want to play proper Battlefield" or "I want to play Payday..."

I know it's lame to talk about this when I don't plan to buy the game. But that's what I think Hard-line is too hardcore. It has cod'ified MP with barely any semblance left of what made Battlefield once great.

The only hope is EA gets heads out of the dozen or so asses they are stuck in and makes a proper 2143 sequel, without sniper rifles

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2015, 19:33.

36. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 19:08 eRe4s3r

Osc8r wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 18:24:
Inspired by BG and Icewind but no parties or co-op?

You just summed up.. why I backed this game for 60$

News Comments > etc., etc.
15. Re: etc., etc. Mar 17, 2015, 15:17 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 09:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 03:55:
InBlack wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 03:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 22:01:

Because if you gave this stuff away for free, you'd create a shadow market. Yeah, at first you'd assume it helps the poor and it would, but it does not for long. Some would try to sell it (obviously below store prices) to get money... and this would fuck everyone over. The poor that don't sell as well the stores. Because if they get this when they don't have item X, wouldn't they try to trick the store or whoever into giving them multiple such items to sell the ones they don't need?

You are heartless. Anyone ever tell you that?

Explaining why companies that want to stay in business do not "give away stuff for free" is not heartless If I had a say everyone would get a basic income of some amount... that would fix poverty. Giving poor people free stuff perpetuates poverty (as in, it creates more and does not elevate anyone out of it).

In India this is applied, there are micro loans they can take on and BUY stuff with to work, this increases economic power of everyone. But better than loan would obviously be a base income.

That's specious reasoning predicated on a conspicuous consumption model of economics. The fact that they've already abandoned those products means they've already taken a writedown on them which they use at tax time to their advantage.

Second, the world is chockfull of the poor - the vast majority of people on this planet - who make a living scavenging abandoned goods. It's how wealth and property are distriubted in the world that are the real problems, not people rcycling or making a pittance through scavenging and reselling. Your model only leads to eventual hyperinflation. We have to change the process of redistibution entirely. There's also the very real issue of overpopulation that doesn't help.

Scavenging used goods thrown away, shipped to africa and reselling them in the EU? Guess why that is illegal. I get what you are saying and you (probably) know that I have a very bad opinion of capitalism and the whole consumption/distribution model it enforces. But fact is that in developed "Western Nations" doing what you asked IN COUNTRY would damage the economy.

That we live within a wholly shitty system and any fix is a bandaid is something so obvious I don't specifically say that anymore. And basic income with decaying currency does not lead to hyperinflation (if you apply certain systems to it). If done wrong it would (ie if you gave everyone flat out 2000$) but that is not what basic income has to mean.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed
11. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Revealed Mar 17, 2015, 14:53 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 10:34:
Must... avoid...any...spoilers...

Must...avoid..getting...too...hyped up...

That aside, The PoEt expansion has been known of since the Kickstarter started getting some decent funding; it was one of the stretch goals I think? It's been on sale on their website for awhile now.

Based on my admittedly limited understanding of PoEt mechanics so far, this may be the first RPG I play through as a rogue(firearms based) first, instead of a melee fighter of some sort.

This game looks so good!

It takes an iron will not to click on any of these videos. But I am holding ,p I don't want a spoiler in any way. Also does anyone know if the mega 10+ level dungeon is actually in?

30. Re: Into the Black Mar 17, 2015, 14:50 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 09:09:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 08:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 06:10:
I like how in your table you did not look at odd numbers, like 17C which you can't easily convert to F at all. ;p

This entire topic not once mentioned Kelvin or eV (sad)

Also I like Celsius for day to day use.. I can't tell the difference between 22.4C or 22.1C so what would I need more precision with Fahrenheit for?

Ps.: "acceptable" climate also easily defined with C -40 to +40 everything beyond those temps or below those temps is ugly

Where do you live that you'd consider -40C acceptable climate, Hoth?

I wouldn't say it's acceptable, but having lived it several times, it seems like the lowest that humans can withstand without totally freaking the hell out. Well, most people flip the hell out at -10, but I mean, non-wuss people would flip at -40 instead :p This kind of weather will happen a couple of days during winter in Canada.

Exactly If you ever experienced -40C you have a completely new appreciation of what cold actually feels like. For me that happened when I made vacation in Finland, that was very memorable... also in retrospective a really bad idea by my parents

And I think I could live with -40C .. but definitely not with +40C You ever experienced 100% humidity after a summer rain? That was the most horrid experience of my life. It was in Germany August 2003, day temp 36C (in shadow!) zero wind 100% humidity after lightning storm with a bit of rain in the early morning. Now that is how hell feels like.

I think our definitions of "acceptable" depend on what you experienced in your life. And I much prefer the cold. You can always dress better and more, no matter how you look, but you can never dress *less* once you are naked

Interested to hear what others find acceptable

16. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 14:31 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 13:14:
Awesome, finally something I kickstarted pays off.

For me it's the 3rd thing (D:OS, Dreamfall Chapters)

And I am massively happy and hyped Bring it on, indeed

12. Re: Into the Black Mar 17, 2015, 06:10 eRe4s3r

Krodge wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 04:42:
Orogogus wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 01:52:
When is a 1 degree increase in F not a 1 degree increase? I'm all for the Celsius scale, but I don't follow this. The relationship between F and C is a linear one (F = 9C/5 + 32), and if the C scale is linear then F should be too.

You're right, It is linear.
But it gets confusing since the scales have different starting points, 0c the Freezing temp of water, 0F being...whatever.
So;
0C = 32F
10C = 50F
20C = 68F
30C = 86F
40C = 104F
50C - 122F

Lots of us who have never used F sometimes mistake the offset for F being nonlinear.
Clearly the simplicity of international standards have spoiled us and dulled our thinking

I like how in your table you did not look at odd numbers, like 17C which you can't easily convert to F at all. ;p

This entire topic not once mentioned Kelvin or eV (sad)

Also I like Celsius for day to day use.. I can't tell the difference between 22.4C or 22.1C so what would I need more precision with Fahrenheit for?

Ps.: "acceptable" climate also easily defined with C -40 to +40 everything beyond those temps or below those temps is ugly

8712 Comments. 436 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo