Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6291 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 11, 2013, 10:14 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 09:37:
AC4, Watch Dogs bringing Uplay to PS4, Xbox One.

I actually don't mind the uPlay stuff, the achievements you unlock give you tangible rewards, it's one of the few systems to do that well. The PC client is superfluous and silly but oh well.

Xbox PR robot statements

Christ why even interview them? It's a literal press release.

Also they have no way to merge 2 accounts.... or even delete an account (Without losing the game serial validity). Fuck Ubisoft/uPlay and all they stand for! Worst support experience I ever had. Thanks to these retards 4 games on my old ubisoft account were lost because they RESET PASSWORDS without letting me change my email addy. So now I can not access my old account.

Quality. And yes, this happened because the support speaks a language other than ENGLISH. I clearly said what I wanted and they reset my password instead of changing my email to match that of my new account (so that I can at least have both accounts link to the same email).

But nooo... we are Ubisoft! We don't do this new fangled changing emails thing. Instead we change the password so that your customer can no longer access his games...

Seriously, I didn't much mind uPlay before, but the way Ubisoft support has handled my problem (that is, they didn't just not handle it, they made it worse) has made me absolutely HATE them.

And before you ask, no I did not yet get "emotionally cool" enough to physically call them to (try) to fix this. I am afraid I will flame them Their (email) support is an absolute disgrace.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2013, 10:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Endwar Online Announced
4. Re: Endwar Online Announced Sep 11, 2013, 09:55 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 09:45:
Browser based F2P facebook games are the future of PC gaming.

Or it's downfall. There are enough plebs who play these games and pay to win without a second thought. But I find it quite hilarious that Ubisoft makes a pay to win MOBA. Of all things....

By the way, Ubisoft games that are free to play are the epitome of everything I hate about free to play... not a single one of them is not pay to win.

News Comments > Wizardry on Steam
14. Re: Wizardry on Steam Sep 11, 2013, 09:49 eRe4s3r

Kitkoan wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 22:34:
JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 22:31:
Whenever I want to buy an older game, I check GoG first, then Steam. I like to support GoG because without them, a lot of older games wouldn't be available for purchase.

To each their own. I prefer to look at Steam first because I'm more likely to support gaming on Linux.

Now you only need to convince Linux to support gaming on Linux.

News Comments > New Riddick Game Plans
12. Re: New Riddick Game Plans Sep 11, 2013, 05:33 eRe4s3r

Linksil wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 04:55:
Now I liked Elysium better then D9. Riddick movie was better then both by far though. Maybe it's because I loved the way Riddick is played ever since the first movie. But still I think it was just put together a lot better.

Same here, to me the 2 Riddick movies, Pitch Black and Chronicles were awesome. I loved them both and rank them extremely high. Chronicles particularly also has a STRIKING art direction that is unrivaled by any other sci-fi movie so far.

And hey, if there is Vin Diesel with Vin Diesel voice in a sci-fi movie there can go nothing wrong

News Comments > New Riddick Game Plans
11. Re: New Riddick Game Plans Sep 11, 2013, 05:31 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 22:27:
It was an ok movie, but paled compared to D9.

Really? They are both essentially the same movie.... just 1 has a bigger budget. This director apparently can't make any other type of movie ;p

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Beta Patch
5. Re: Total War: ROME II Beta Patch Sep 11, 2013, 05:30 eRe4s3r

I have seen 3 full stacks of elite troops camp in attack range to my capital and ... retreat. And inactive and stupid battle AI in nearly all my sieges it even attacked me once (siege battle!) with a single general unit. Walked up to the gate to "flame it" and.. died instantly by a random ballista

So no, the AI complaint is not over the top This is the worst AI of any Total War game ever.

News Comments > Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development
10. Re: Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development Sep 10, 2013, 12:14 eRe4s3r

Dev wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 02:49:
Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:08:
Cool. Congrats Derek.

GalCiv 3?
I agree, congrats are in order. They went from the verge of bankruptcy to being healthy enough to expand significantly.
I'm going to guess this is from a few factors:
They dumped their own distribution platform off on Gamestop. They weren't really big enough compared to the others to keep running it at healthy profit.
They joined steam. Finally, I can get stardock games on steam. I've rebought nearly all that have come up in fact when they go on sale. They didn't join steam earlier because it was competing with impulse, but now that that's not a problem, they are getting many more sales.
They fixed up the elemental stuff from what I can tel.

And finally (this may be the biggest of all) start8 to return the start menu from windows 8. This is hugely popular. Hopefully they've leveraged that enough so that they won't crater after 8.1 comes out.

And yes, I would love to see a new galciv

Win 8.1 does not bring back the start menu.. it brings back the start BUTTON and ONLY the button, not the functionality of the start menu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vNbQT9eVt8

Yes, that is another epic fail Although I think stardock is very happy about that. ^^

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2013, 11:57 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 11:44:
I've been totally happy with EVGA, but as you say, YMMV. Think I'm on my 2nd or 3rd card from them in the last 15 years (chosen upgrades, not failures)?

That's a pretty good run. I've had an EVGA 6600 GT and had it arrive DOA twice only to get a 3rd card with deadlocked fans at 100% and the famous 6600GT cold-bug (doesn't switch into 3D mode when below a certain temperature, fixed by blowing hot air at the card, not a joke). After the 3rd RMA I gave up.... Nvidia never confirmed this bug existed, but I have the card to prove it. Then to MSI 460GTX who's fan failed twice in a row, and now a 670GTX from Gigabyte.... no issues and super silent in idle.

Before that I actually was firm believer in ATI cards. 9700 pro or what was it? Loved that card.. replaced by a GeForce4 MX 440 and since then until the 670GTX I had issues with my GPU's ... ;p Huge issues in case of the 6600GT

Heck I had a lot of GPU's in my gaming time... still have a Voodoo 2 around. Sadly no hardware left to actually use it. Of all the stuff that's failed on me only 3 things never failed, mainboards, cpu, and psu. Kinda glad about that as well...

To me it's a wonder PC's even work to begin with. Just think how many billions of parts a PC + all the components have. And they all need to work properly.... ah technology.. love it and hate it

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2013, 12:05.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 10, 2013, 11:28 eRe4s3r

You forget "Prime poodle" (You should google that, result's are hilarious)  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2013, 11:24 eRe4s3r

By the way, all the horror stories and my own personal problems with EVGA cards made me buy an Gigabyte 670GTX and forgo all others...... no issues ever since that decision. YMMV  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2013, 09:57 eRe4s3r

The "Card disconnected" message would point to either broken card or psu or heat problem... but can also just mean a driver conflict or the mainboard chipset not liking you.

Did you make sure the power cables are connected to the GPU proper, all fans are running, monitoring temp for a while? Try reseating the card... aside that...

Basically I would take the PC to some nerd hideout and have them diagnose the error for you. We could end up guessing the wrong causes for months without ever getting anywhere.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements
32. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 02:00 eRe4s3r

Lord Tea wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 01:51:
So, they recommend an AMD six-core CPU. AFAIK only the highest end intel CPUs have six cores

These requirements speak about performance levels per manufacturer... meaning if you have an AMD cpu it needs 6 cores, if you have an intel cpu it needs 4 cores.

Or put differently, AMD 6 core cpu's are about 33% slower compared to the cheapest quad core intel cpu ;p

Also the upcoming cpu lineup by AMD is extremely depressing. They need to come with something that runs cooler and faster than a Sandy-E I7

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2013, 02:18.

29. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 01:22 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:13:
Blue is trolling us for complaining too much in the Homeworld/Randy Pitchford thread! That'll learn us!

Adblock
<IFRAME
id="twitter-widget-0"
class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" >

28. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 01:21 eRe4s3r

ChandlerL wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:58:
BF4 still 32-bit. Didn't they say about a year ago that the next Frostbite, which we know now is Frostbite 3, would be 64-bit?

As far as Windows 8, game makers have typically recommended the latest version of Windows as a matter of course. In DICE's case, it may also be because of this: BF4Blog re Windows 8

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

They ask for 64bit OS because of the 3GB Vram. Without 64bit OS mapping the memory, you end up with only 1.5GB usable RAM. GPU reduces available memory space on 32bit OS. Installing more ram doesn't help. Which is why EVERYONE should run an 64bit OS

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2013, 20:25 eRe4s3r

Blue wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:19:

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 109

BCCode 109 refers to kernel corruption either through bad RAM or bad drivers.

But troubleshooting this is impossible unless you have replacement ram that you know works.

Also.. under Windows 7, the "stop code" is the BCCode

I guess a good start would be to look what is actually running (MSCONFIG) but it could be other things as well.... Kernel Corruption can be caused by a lot of things, all of them have to do with how drivers interact with kernel and their hardware.

News Comments > The Evil Within Trailer
3. Video removed by user Sep 9, 2013, 20:15 eRe4s3r

Huh?  

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
59. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 19:32 eRe4s3r

The same people don't give a single damn about a Homeworld on the GROUND. Homeworld is about space. Also a game with Gearbox anywhere near it is an automatic no buy for me until way after release...

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2013, 19:42.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
18. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 9, 2013, 06:00 eRe4s3r

Not sure what to link there really as you will quickly find yourself that it's all subjective.. the game has some performance issues and there not being a Nvidia driver for the game specifically doesn't help (in my case, you probably don't care given that you have an ATI card ;P), I am sure the next drivers pushe performance up by 20 to 40%... any custom battle in a lush environment with maxed out armies will get you good indication on how it really runs.... What you should keep note of is how giving orders feels.

I have stuff off like SSAA/Distortion/Vsync/Vegetation AA

But I have normal AA on, Buildings on Medium, Units on Ultra, Shadow on medium, Unlimited Video Memory ON and that's it (everything else on Ultra / SM5 ,p) It doesn't run super extremely well with full scale battles but you can always tone down the unit count, but between Ultra and Low there is not really much difference. If you lag as soon as you zoom in set Unit detail to Medium and Unit count to low. This will not make a huge difference in feel of the game I found...

These settings are my "I can handle this kind of lag" but for campaign play don't expect the campaign map to run smooth, I have done a lot of things and tests, and some regions will just lag it out completely. Not to mention the trees look butt ugly no matter what you have set. Also for long-term campaign play I would really not advise ultra unit counts simply because you can end up fighting with an ally or against combined army + fleets....

Sidenote: I have a 670GTX and 16GB Ram. ;p

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 9, 2013, 02:48 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 00:43:
Bench via the beta channel for ROME 2. Not sure if it's the same promised patch for monday but here it is. Also running a 7950 now instead of my 560ti which decided to melt it self into a pile of radioactive goo--and I didn't feel like waiting a week for EVGA to send me a replacement.

Settings
benchmark

I should toss in, in general I'm seeing a 7-8fps jump but I'd hazard a part of it is the newer card. Have to wait for sure until my 560ti is back, which will sadly be relegated to a physx card.

Sadly that bench isn't indicative of real performance.. start a custom battle Believe me, I tuned my settings so that it stays above 50fps at the back end of the benchmark and had extreme FPS drops in certain situations (Solved by turning grass entirely off = low) and shadows to medium.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 8, 2013, 23:43 eRe4s3r

At least Rome II has potential to become something great...assuming they don't start releasing DLC now and forget patching stuff  

6291 Comments. 315 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo