Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6661 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed
7. Re: Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed Dec 20, 2013, 15:48 eRe4s3r

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 12:48:
It's fun, but it's designed to suck your wallet dry rather than be a long lasting game. You can play for free all you want, but you will lose to anybody that spent money on cards. Kind of like Magic the Gathering. Which is why I quit that game a year after it started.

But unlike Magic the Gathering you can craft cards in Hearthstone, if you play Arena you get dust for free, and you can craft the cards you need... I play in Arena every 3 days and I don't find it grindy at all. Nobody forces you to grind for those meager 100 gold every day. Play only the dailies and don't get impatient, wait 3 days and you get 3 quests to do at once... and with that you can basically play arena every 3 days, seems like a good cut to me.. for a free game

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patched
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Patched Dec 20, 2013, 10:31 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 10:14:
It's something to do with the file packing format Dice uses, I forget the specifics. I fully expect my BF4 folder to be 60GB in 3 months.

I ran into an interesting bug last night, I was able to deploy a SOFLAM then launch a MAV and whenever I target a vehicle it gets painted automatically by own SOFLAM. By the end of the round the other team wasn't even bothering to take the choppers.

Not sure what the bug is supposed to be, soflam is supposed to be auto targeting and MAV has it's own laser designator ^^ If you aim at a enemy vehicle or device with a MAV, it's gonna get painted.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2
29. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 20, 2013, 09:49 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 08:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 05:16:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 23:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 16:00:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 12:21:
"We ARE the Walking Dead!" - Rick

When it comes to acting and story that's certainly true

Yeah...that was from the comic.

Is it less filler heavy than the show? Never read it

I haven't read it eather but according to my brother in law the comics are even more graphic and unforgiving. Edit: oh wait, that wasn't your question. Forget what I said.

Hehe, well after the telltale Walking Dead games I have a hard time finding Walking Dead (TV) interesting anymore. Carl and Rick just aren't a very dynamic duo. And the rest of the crew is boring.... now with Herschel dead I am thinking about not watching it anymore to begin with. That dude was the only one I still liked, and the Redneck looks like he'll be leaving soon.... and then it's just Rick.. Rick more Rick.. and Rick... I don't like Rick. ~.~

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
87. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 20, 2013, 05:36 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 20:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 15:47:
Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 12:08:
Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 11:24:
Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 10:57:
Do you know that, in many countries, the loser has to pay the winner's court fees, so you can't even fucking sue a corporation because, if you lose, you have to pay their fees.

So you think the system we have is better?? Where trolls just sue people and blackmail settlements out of them because they know people and small business can't afford to go to court?

In our system people can't sue corporations either because their lawyers will drag shit out as long as possible until we can't afford it anymore. In the loser pays system, at least I have some protection from every shitbag who just randomly blackmail-sues people.

I think our system is absolutely better. I'd say it's, without any doubt, the best on the planet.

Is there room for improvement? Yeah. You see improvement routinely, though. It's slow, because change should be slow, but those patent trolls are being pushed out of existence by court rulings. Other changes are way too slow - our court system still has no clue how to deal with anything digital and it's repeatedly pathetic.

As a whole, though, we're still light years ahead of any other nation.

Did you just call the US court system "the best court system ever" ?

Excuse me, while I go laughing manically in a corner somewhere.

Which system do you think is better and what areas do you think it's improved?

Obviously I can only speak for the German court system and the EU courts. Now let me say first, when your government decides it wants to spy on you and use secret courts do validate it, you are LOST. You can't fight against it. When it does this in Germany I can go up to the highest European court and fight against a law, assuming it violates constitution or the "Grundgesetz" as it's called in Germany. You can also sue an entire nation (ie, the government itself) through this, if it violates EU contract law and this directly impacts you in some way. In case of those secret courts, well they would be flat out illega, any decision made by them would be invalid, any validation of any action by anyone through that court would be revoked. The people running this court would also go behind bars, as it's illegal to run secret courts that subvert not just the citizens but a large part of the government as well.

The EU courts, and the German high court don't mess around. If a law is illegal, they void it and give the government a set amount of time to fix the problem. This can be as simple as changing a sentence, but more often than not it means the law itself has to be revoked. More importantly, our high courts are the reason EU citizens have the strongest customer protection laws in the World. We can return any item bought via Internet within 2 weeks without reason and get our money back. Contracts can't apply clauses to your contract if you have never been given a document where that exact clause was in. (And yes, for every good decision you can find one that's not good for citizens, but courts are bound to the law, they can't always interpret something in a good way)

At this point you should realize why that system is absolutely awesome for a citizen of the EU. Of course, it does not protect you against things that are essentially legal in your country, and large political parties can change the "Grundgesetz" with a 75% majority (or was it 66%? nobody ever did that in the time Germany existed)

But in Europe, secret courts you say? I could sue against that before the high courts and win, cost has to be paid by the losing party.

Secondly, if there are legal proceedings against you related to criminal law, you don't have to pay the process costs. Meaning defending against claims is free of charge.

Civil courts on the other hand have much less reach than in the US, so you won't ever see someone have to pay $50m for spilling coffee over some rich money bag.

Is it better? I don't know. But we don't have secret courts, we don't have Guantanamo. Because politicians stand BELOW courts. And the military running their own detention camp somewhere? These people would be in jail faster than you could find the place on the map.

In either case, the German court system is fine as it is. It gets a little bit overzealous at times, but if you get a case before a high court you are sitting in front of judges who are 100% independent from the government. They will speak LAW , not political motivated bullshit. And yes, that means they will sometimes speak law pro government, simply because the basic laws can not interpret a case any other way....

Point is, I'd rather live in the EU than in the US for many various reason, but courts is the primary one ...

Ps.: And yes, civil court system in Germany is hilariously broken, as in, it takes 4+ years for anything to happen. Unless the state wants your money, then it takes 7 years if you go in revision (happened to me) I figure they hoped i'd pay, but I had insurance against lawsuits, for 100€ I could have gone the entire way to the European court (And I won.. sorta )

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 20, 2013, 05:16 eRe4s3r

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 23:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 16:00:

Yeah...that was from the comic.

Is it less filler heavy than the show? Never read it

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Details
5. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Details Dec 19, 2013, 18:49 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 12:38:
Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 12:22:
Look at how awesome we are at making RPGs!
*mention four games, none of which have anything to do with RPGs*

mafia was somewhat open world.. this could be more like a medieval GTA on horseback meets mount-and-blade type thing

sounds nice but cant think of many games that have genuinely achieved "a nonlinear story" except maybe the fallout series

Non-linear storyline..... so beginning end and middle jump around randomly?

I never really understood what that was even supposed to mean. Fallout was never non-linear. If you choose to follow the mainquest, it was as linear as it gets. Optional "you can ignore it as long as you want" situations do not make a story any less linear. Fallout has a very defined linear story, everything unrelated to that is just sidemissions. And doing sidemissions is by definition linear as well (I mean the missions themselves). The moments in-between quests are non-linear sure. But they got nothing to do with the storyline.

So basically... what's non-linear storyline even supposed to MEAN?

If you say "choices" i counter with .. Mass Effect 3, choices doth not make a mainquest non linear if the end target remains the same, just with different details.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2013, 19:15.

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 19, 2013, 16:00 eRe4s3r

84. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 19, 2013, 15:47 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 12:08:
Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 11:24:
Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 10:57:
Do you know that, in many countries, the loser has to pay the winner's court fees, so you can't even fucking sue a corporation because, if you lose, you have to pay their fees.

So you think the system we have is better?? Where trolls just sue people and blackmail settlements out of them because they know people and small business can't afford to go to court?

In our system people can't sue corporations either because their lawyers will drag shit out as long as possible until we can't afford it anymore. In the loser pays system, at least I have some protection from every shitbag who just randomly blackmail-sues people.

I think our system is absolutely better. I'd say it's, without any doubt, the best on the planet.

Is there room for improvement? Yeah. You see improvement routinely, though. It's slow, because change should be slow, but those patent trolls are being pushed out of existence by court rulings. Other changes are way too slow - our court system still has no clue how to deal with anything digital and it's repeatedly pathetic.

As a whole, though, we're still light years ahead of any other nation.

Did you just call the US court system "the best court system ever" ?

Excuse me, while I go laughing manically in a corner somewhere.

News Comments > etc.
1. Star Quest 2 Kickstart Dec 19, 2013, 15:40 eRe4s3r

Sets new standards when it comes to "most chaotic, non informative and 0 effort" writing in history of bad kickstarter intro blurbs.

I am just not seeing their vision. The game they barely describe doesn't seem fun either... mhh

77. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 19, 2013, 09:38 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 01:37:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 16:21:
Ah you are right... Release version was 1.10 - first 0-day ~.~ patch was 1.12 .. so 10 patches

Nine patches.

And don't go nitpicking, I need my hyperbole when I talk about Rebirth, still not over that pos game.

That's fine, but like I said, the game is bad enough it doesn't need it. You can easily point out everything that's broken and have it make a clear enough statement about how terrible it is.

I was going to play it again after a month, but it's still broken, so eh. Maybe I'll play it next year. :-shrug-:

Hyperbole is my coping mechanism when I am really really unhappy about something I bought. If you read my posts before about Rebirth you know I waited a long time for this game, and I was super hyped. But I guess that's only fitting, as the X3 games that I considered good (TC, Extra Patch, AP), were largely not made by Egosoft, but rather by modders. Half the features in AP were NOT made by egosoft. That's just.. telling.. and based on that my hype state was my own fault I guess. I can't say there weren't signs.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 18, 2013, 16:31 eRe4s3r

Simon Says wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 16:23:
Fly wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:21:
Facebook seeing what users type..

Zuckershit must have been so hurt as a kid growing up. Soooo distraught emotionally at something in his life, that he sought revenge in some corner of his mind. Thus, the creation of Facebook. The guy has all the tell-tale signs of being a closet sociopath. And a rich one at that.

+1, now, what does he deserves? Our pity? Our hatred? Our compassion? Good questions aren't they?

Imo ignoring him is the only way. Don't use Facebook and don't hang out with people that do. Problem solved.

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 18, 2013, 16:30 eRe4s3r

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 16:23:
Arg! Game breaking bugs. Could not choose any responses because my mouse pointer disappeared, and people showing up just standing in scenes they are not in.

Happened to me too, but thankfully only right at the end... certainly not bug free

62. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 16:21 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 15:50:
Creston wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 15:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 15:12:
Station building broken (as in, does not work, even after 20 patches)

It hasn't had 20 patches, stop making stuff up. The game is bad enough without hyperbole.
I believe the release version of the game was 1.10 or 1.12 something like that.

Ah you are right... Release version was 1.10 - first 0-day ~.~ patch was 1.12 .. so 10 patches (1.11 I could swear I saw somewhere, but I see no mention anywhere... weird)

For some reason I thought Egosoft would at least know how to do version numbers right.

And don't go nitpicking, I need my hyperbole when I talk about Rebirth, still not over that pos game.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2013, 16:34.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2013, 16:14 eRe4s3r

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:28:
hahaha did this get posted here yet?

Fargo Man Arrested For Clearing Snow With Flamethrower - Fox stated that he was simply “fed up with battling the elements” and that he did not possess the willpower necessary to move “four billion tons of white bull shit”.

Didn't want to link the story, looks like the website was hijacked....

last I checked this news story was a hoax If not, correct me please ^^

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 18, 2013, 15:51 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 15:41:
Couldn't agree more with you on all accounts there. I also think I made a bad decision when I did a pinky swear on the friendship promise. After I heard that doctor guy warn Clem that his daughter isn't really right in the head. Good chance she'll go psycho on Clem sooner or later...

The ending felt kinda forced. "Lets blame the little girl who really couldn't have done shit to help Pete and have her look frightened around her before the screen goes black!" Actually.. that's something that felt kinda wrong anyway... the adults often acted like they were talking to a grown up strong fat bear of a man instead of a little girl. I just shook that off with the thought that everybody got hardened to a point there's little humanity left to cling to.

I think more than that is behind it. They are probably scared out of their minds behind the scenes, and act tough/defensive because of it, don't get attached etc or they have a HUGE secret. And we haven't yet seen what their "backstory" is. Something drastic must have happened before Clementine got there or they'd not be in a shooting match with "Carver's group"

To gauge your humanity -> Did you give him water or not? ^^ Actually, what did you think about that choice? I thought it felt kinda weird there was absolutely nay resolution to that.

We may say that we'd act differently than these people, but I don't think we'd live 2 years into the zombie apocalypse ^^ Means 2 years without coffee.

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2013, 15:57.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 18, 2013, 15:26 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 15:10:
Finished the episode! That was good! Too short, of course, but I think I'd never get enough of games like these if they were a lifetime of length anyway.

Er34s3r, who did you choose at the end and why? I chose Nick because Pete seemed to have been bitten, and although I liked Pete's character.. there's something "broken but fixable" about Nick which drew me to his character even before I had to make a choice.

Obviously choose Nick .... same reason as you state. Pete was clearly bitten (large chunk of leg missing) I figured it was a silly setup with no "real" choice (the ending I didn't much like) to get us to either be blamed for his death or the other way around. There wasn't a good choice or a bad choice in that situation anyway. As little girl without gun or proper weapon she could not have done a thing to save or prevent anything. Besides he simply was the more interesting character and his apology felt honest. Pete never apologized to Clementine.

If you ask me Half the house population could die for all I care... I don't much like how they reacted to Clementine's dire call for help in front of the hut, or the hostility afterwards, most of these people have lost their humanity though there are a few exceptions of course. We'll see where Episode 2 goes.. in 2014 *sigh*

This time properly spoiler tagged hehe

After that episode all I wanted was to hug Clementine and tell her all is going to be well.... I guess that is a strongpoint of this game.

Geez, 17 edits or what... I need a check for proper sentence structure

Ps.: you typed my nick more complicated than you had to ^^ Just say ere or whatever, I don't care for the numbers, they are just there to make it a (more or less) unique nick

ERE is my old skool highscore tag.

And yeah, I really like these tell-tale stories too. I dunno why, gameplay wise they are bordering on stupid. But the atmosphere and feeling... can't beat it. I don't know a single other game that makes me feel like that.

Wolf among us was not bad either... though I wonder when we'll gonna see Episode 2 of that... ;p

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2013, 15:40.

52. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 15:12 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 15:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:45:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:37:
If you start getting sued because a certain person doesn't like a game, it's going to cost even more to make games and companies will take even less risks. It's just terrrrible for the industry.

Releasing working games is terrible for the game industry? Bugs and crashes are facts, and any gamer should be able to sue a company if it releases a BROKEN GAME.

Egosoft.. looking at you!

How do you define "broken?"

It's not something you really want the law to be involved in. ItBurn is right, once that happens, companies stop taking risks.

Nearly every game I've owned has crashed at some point. Were they broken? Could I sue? What if it was a hardware issue, not a software one, even if widespread? You mention bugs, but rocket jumping was a bug, could someone sue id because you could rocket jump your way into parts of levels you weren't supposed to get to?

It's a giant can of worms. Right now, so long as the software doesn't destroy your hard drive, it's basically ok. And, thinking about it, I can only think of a few games that probably should be sue worthy. Off the top of my head, there was that Big Rigs game, which had no collision detection despite having bridges (meaning you drove through them, not over them), and, uh... that's about it. Other than that, I can't think of a single game that couldn't be completed and, for the most part, enjoyed.

I agree with you, but you have to look at the counter side...

X Rebirth

Trade broken (Only fixed to BARELY WORKING in 1.20)
Station building broken (as in, does not work, even after 20 patches)
Campaign broken (Nobody can play through the campaign in 1.20 without XML editing)
Admitted to not optimizing the game
Admitted to not testing with modern day hardware (6 core CPU's etc.)

That is how I define a broken game. X Rebirth would be the perfect candidate actually, because it's one of the few examples where it's so clean to declare something broken. Half the features in their steam store description do not work. Among them language support, which was a complete bullshit lie on release, no other language other than english was supported when the game released, yet they sold it to the European countries, EFIGS+R with the claim that language is supported.

What is that, if not a blatant and obvious scam of customers? Maybe we shouldn't allow lawsuits, but money back guarantee would be OK too. In the end, if companies are forced to refund by law they would actually do some proper fucking QA before release. And Egosoft didn't do it, 0 , nada.

As in what defines broken.... well "does not work" is what defines broken for me BF4 isn't broken which is why I don't bash on it here.... the lawsuit is obviously about monetary interests not the QUALITY of the game. But if we go about defining broken, X Rebirth should be put in as definition

44. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 14:45 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:37:
If you start getting sued because a certain person doesn't like a game, it's going to cost even more to make games and companies will take even less risks. It's just terrrrible for the industry.

Releasing working games is terrible for the game industry? Bugs and crashes are facts, and any gamer should be able to sue a company if it releases a BROKEN GAME.

Egosoft.. looking at you!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2013, 13:15 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 00:05:
Fletch wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 22:59:
We could have gone to Mars a couple (several?) times with the money we've wasted on war in the last decade. It's starting to look like we'll have to hitch a ride with China, or else pay for the trip through corporate sponsorship. "This EVA brought to you by Massengill."

Funds wise, sure, but technology wise we're nowhere near capable of going to Mars, despite what all these private investors would have everyone believe.

Of course we are capable of going there... but it's hard to do that when there is nothing to go to... Not to mention you have to bring an entire colony worth of materials with you

The technologies needed for a colony already exist. It would need money to put them into actual space / Mars worthy machinery.

21. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 12:44 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 12:33:
I guess EA needs to get their shareholders to sign a EULA forbidding class action lawsuits next. Hey, if it's good for the customers, it must be ok for the owners right?

These clauses are not legal anyway. You can't sign away basic rights. (at least here in Europe)

6661 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo