Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7190 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 17, 2014, 01:13 eRe4s3r

lol that PCmag site.. first visit giant image pops up and doesn't have a close function... closed the site, never to visit it again.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dreadnaught Trailer
4. Re: Dreadnaught Trailer Oct 16, 2014, 21:36 eRe4s3r

This looks like World of Planes... just with even less physics attached to it.. extremely dull gameplay. Doesn't look epic and heavy, no debris littering the ground, no damage decals.. meh

Gonna pass on this one (Also it's f2p... meh)

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Oct 15, 2014, 21:30 eRe4s3r

mag wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 21:25:
NKD wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 20:57:
Gamers are being pushed out of gaming.

Did you totally miss the explosion of indie and Kickstarter titles as the glories of 90s gaming were brought back to life? What are you grumpy about?

indy and KS titles are nice.. but what about a mass effect style game with more mature and serious story? Or a Witcher style RPG in a fantasy setting WITHOUT elves and orcs? Or GTA in space?

Sure we get some nice titles from KS... but they hardly saturate the demand

3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 15, 2014, 21:01 eRe4s3r

Redmask wrote on Oct 15, 2014, 20:14:
What's fueling GamerGate?

Annoyance at articles like this one.

Many years of vented of frustrations to boot, ever more shallow games that only iterate and stagnate, always online DRM; crash buggy and unplayable releases, scandals like Alien Colonial Marines / Sword of the Stars 2 / Rebirth and all the others (that each affected only few, but together affected many gamers). If not some sex scandal and a idiot "press" copying each other to death it would have triggered over any other mundane issue in the long run anyhow.

You can fuck gamers over only so much. And as much as developers fucked gamers over, I think the "press" that gamergate targeted has only itself to blame. These scandals with these games, would never have happened if those sites and "journalists" had done their job.

It's unfortunate gamergate has no real guidance. It will degenerate into more toxicity and at some point it'll be like any other MOBA community

And losing control of the hobby? haha... we never had any control. If we had control we would have had Pillars of Eternity 10 years ago, Alpha Centauri 2 sequel (that would not be gimped CIV5 mod) and proper 4x games that innovate. We would have mature stories....

I mean for fucks sake, aside from Witcher 1/2 I haven't played any decent RPG in the past decade that had mature story. Mass Effect was juvenile at best, not BAD, but not entirely what I wanted either...

Let's face it, the mass market does not make games for "hardcore" gamers. (Where hardcore = played more than minecraft, Farmville and COD/BF/Halo/Destiny) if you only played few games in your life you have no compass for what makes a good game...

Anyway, Gamergate is so diffuse and confuse, it's impossible to really grasp it, to meld it. It's just another pointless shit-storm only this time it is a pretty dang big one.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2014, 21:08.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 15, 2014, 05:41 eRe4s3r

Centauri and 2d.. sadly the wrong kind of 2d  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 15, 2014, 02:44 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 23:17:
The European Union and the Obama administration have been increasingly vocal about the tax-avoidance strategies of multinational companies and the countries that enable them. The European Commission is conducting a broad investigation into the relationships between multinationals and perceived tax havens like Ireland, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.

Yet strangely enough don't actually do anything about them. How odd. Isn't that odd? It's so very, very, very, very odd.

Thinking2

Or maybe there is a cunning plan behind that.... you should ask Cyprus or Greece what happens when a tax haven becomes financially unstable or the Swiss what happens when a tax haven pisses off Germany and the USA at the same time. Suddenly bank secrets are not so secret anymore.....

16. Re: etc., etc. Oct 15, 2014, 02:11 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 22:02:
I appreciate people claiming to be balanced yet constantly saying "psuedo feminists," as if they know what they're talking about.

It's very cutter.

So you think Leigh Alexander is a real feminist? If you do, then please excuse me while I laugh hysterically. Feminists generally do not call all men scum and rapists, dox other feminists and make rape jokes about other feminists.

But please.. don't let facts disturb your world view In fact you are perfect proof of the kool-aid effect. To you opinions not taking some feminists for factual reasons serious are automatically worthless, because you drank the kool-aid that such a stance can not be accepted and that all feminists are real feminists.

I find that quite funny.

7. Re: etc., etc. Oct 14, 2014, 21:35 eRe4s3r

I still don't get what some less than moral girls sex life has to do with gamergate. #Gamergate was the response to the massive swell of unprofessional opinion pieces pushed into the news feed without declaration (as happened on Gamasutra, which they now try to retcon by claiming it was an editorial.. except when the chief editor puts a news piece on the front page, that is NOT an OPED, that is site stance aka, opinionated news)

Either way, I wish these threats would stop so we could unmask these pseudo feminists for what they are. But as long as the threats continue these people have the victim complex on their side. And at this point it's impossible for neutrality in this topic. Radicalization of #Gamergate is only growing as these pseudo feminists get more and more coverage and attention. It's called the kool-aid effect.

Once you realize how this works, it's really a damn retarded thing to even get annoyed about.... ignore them, and they will disappear.

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2014, 04:59 eRe4s3r

Kosumo wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 04:27:
That's ok old man eRe4s3r, I thought you started lossing it about 7000 post ago Tongue

Mostly just time is what I lost.. but I admit I lost track of some other things heh...

23. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2014, 02:34 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 01:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 01:28:
Trashy wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 01:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 21:04:
Trashy wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 20:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 17:06:
warez site has both original..

Are you from the 90's...

Tell the former me to invest in Apple, who am I kidding the former me would just laugh..

No idea what you are trying to say iTunes doesn't have GoT and doesn't even offer original Breaking Bad in Germany.

iTunes has literally the WORST selection of content of all available choices

Ps.: I am from the 80ies

You see humor is a tricky thing, especially if the end person doesn't get it.

The term Warez.. It's not used much anymore.. last time I heard it used often was the mid to late 90's on IRC channels.

Who cares about what iTunes streams, Apple stock went from just under a dollar a stock in the mid to late 90's to over 100 dollars a stock today.. which is why I added the second part of the joke..

Ah..

Oh boy.. I am sorry I crippled your joke with my caffeine starved morning brainz.... it was a good one .. well apart from the "having to explain it all" haha

they are still called warez sites though..... Blues forum rule 3 is still relevant.

Ps.: I am now curious though, what do you call warez sites?

I mean, he's right, though, isn't he? I haven't heard "warez" since, like 2002. Especially "warez site," which makes it sound like those old sites that used to host things.

These days everything is a torrent.

But I've also stopped pirating so that I am able to act all kinds of superior, so...

You guys make me feel old.... with warez site I just meant a site where you can watch illegal streams of tv shows and other.. uhm.. stuff ;p I guess that isn't called warez site then.. well what do I know...

Things progress without me it seems ~.~

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2014, 02:43.

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 14, 2014, 01:28 eRe4s3r

Trashy wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 01:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 21:04:

Are you from the 90's...

Tell the former me to invest in Apple, who am I kidding the former me would just laugh..

No idea what you are trying to say iTunes doesn't have GoT and doesn't even offer original Breaking Bad in Germany.

You see humor is a tricky thing, especially if the end person doesn't get it.

The term Warez.. It's not used much anymore.. last time I heard it used often was the mid to late 90's on IRC channels.

Who cares about what iTunes streams, Apple stock went from just under a dollar a stock in the mid to late 90's to over 100 dollars a stock today.. which is why I added the second part of the joke..

Ah..

Oh boy.. I am sorry I crippled your joke with my caffeine starved morning brainz.... it was a good one .. well apart from the "having to explain it all" haha

they are still called warez sites though..... Blues forum rule 3 is still relevant.

Ps.: I am now curious though, what do you call warez sites?

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 13, 2014, 22:04 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 19:13:
The Oatmeal skewered Christopher Columbus last year, and well.

I like how these sarcastic videos never mention the child prostitution ring he ran for his own motley "crew" and the victims of which he later sold into sex slavery on the main land. Yep, a guy one definitely should celebrate.

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 13, 2014, 21:47 eRe4s3r

mag wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 21:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:51:
That article forgets that when users have no reason to upgrade, whether it's free or not, they will not upgrade. So MS real problem is that their OS hasn't really done anything worthwhile in a .. while. Windows 8 is a catastrophe. Not technically where it has some ups, but PR wise. And Metro might easily have been their largest misstep in the decade. There is absolutely NO REASON to make Desktop and tablet experience identical. NONE. Desktops are NOT TABLETS.

And Windows 8 is certainly not worth 240$ (or 250 as it costs here)

I won't upgrade from 7 anytime soon.. in fact unless DX12 becomes Win10 exclusive and gets massive support from games I will not even CONSIDER upgrading ^^

And here is a fun thought. Imagine MS had pushed Windows 8 as update through Windows 7 update pipeline..... does this sound like a good idea to anyone?

I just moved from Win7 to Win8.1, since I got a copy of the latter for $7.50 and my Win7 install was giving me trouble.

After I installed classic shell (really, required even on Win7 to make it usable) and did the usual tweaks, gotta say I like it better than anything since Win2k.

What... 7$? How? By the way, I made a brain-typo the price is obviously not 250.. it's 50 to 90. Didn't even realize you can get Windows 8.1 Pro for that price now. That's actually hilarious Must sell really badly if they go this far down in price.

News Comments > BATTLELINE: STEEL WARFARE Announced
3. Re: BATTLELINE: STEEL WARFARE Announced Oct 13, 2014, 21:17 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 21:08:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:55:
Commanders can also equip various consumable items to be used in the heat of battle.

Pay to win...

/thread

/reply

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2014, 21:04 eRe4s3r

Are you from the 90's...

News Comments > BATTLELINE: STEEL WARFARE Announced
1. Re: BATTLELINE: STEEL WARFARE Announced Oct 13, 2014, 18:55 eRe4s3r

Commanders can also equip various consumable items to be used in the heat of battle.

Pay to win...

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 13, 2014, 18:51 eRe4s3r

That article forgets that when users have no reason to upgrade, whether it's free or not, they will not upgrade. So MS real problem is that their OS hasn't really done anything worthwhile in a .. while. Windows 8 is a catastrophe. Not technically where it has some ups, but PR wise. And Metro might easily have been their largest misstep in the decade. There is absolutely NO REASON to make Desktop and tablet experience identical. NONE. Desktops are NOT TABLETS.

And Windows 8 is certainly not worth 240$ (or 250 as it costs here)

I won't upgrade from 7 anytime soon.. in fact unless DX12 becomes Win10 exclusive and gets massive support from games I will not even CONSIDER upgrading ^^

And here is a fun thought. Imagine MS had pushed Windows 8 as update through Windows 7 update pipeline..... does this sound like a good idea to anyone?

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2014, 18:59.

News Comments > Final Fantasy XIV GOTY Edition Next Month
2. Re: Final Fantasy XIV GOTY Edition Next Month Oct 13, 2014, 18:41 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:32:
FF14 is the only MMO I have ever played where it won't honor the remaining time on your subscription after you cancel the game. I had about half a month left when I canceled my subscription and it may as well have told me to fuck off.

Then you should file a complaint or demand refund. Canceling your access before the PAID FOR time has run out invalidates the ENTIRE contract ie, the contract is null and void. Meaning you can ask your bank to get your money back. And you should. Behavior like that is absolutely scummy.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 13, 2014, 18:28 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:24:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:21:
Beamer wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:07:
If you are a game developer you should consider not putting your eggs in the basket of gamasutra....

Also HTML5 games should not be allowed on Steam. It just clutters the store with even more crap.

What eggs?
It's a developer posting his learnings for other developers to read.
Do you know what the #1 site for developers is?

The eggs that are the "only mention of this game they'll ever get anywhere"

Maybe putting that on a site that has earned massive ire in the past month and is the prime target of boycotts is not smart idea? And being connected with Leigh Alexander you might as well give up promoting your game. Because the hate mobs will inevitably draw you into the war.

And gamasutra is the #1 for developers? Maybe developers want to find a new site...

That's an article discussing learnings, not promoting a game, though. It's aimed not at consumers but fellow developers.

Ah But have you heard of this game before this news post? My point was simply that now I have seen it linked to gamasutra I look at it with a different mindset. It spoiled my first perception. Literally.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Oct 13, 2014, 18:21 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 18:07:
If you are a game developer you should consider not putting your eggs in the basket of gamasutra....

Also HTML5 games should not be allowed on Steam. It just clutters the store with even more crap.

What eggs?
It's a developer posting his learnings for other developers to read.
Do you know what the #1 site for developers is?

The eggs that are the "only mention of this game they'll ever get anywhere"

Maybe putting that on a site that has earned massive ire in the past month and is the prime target of boycotts is not smart idea? And being connected (loosely) with Leigh Alexander you might as well give up promoting your game. Because the hate mobs will inevitably draw you into the war. And yes, they are still warring. Gamersgate is still going on. And gamasutra is still the number 1 place for unprofessional bullshit.

And gamasutra is the #1 site for developers? Maybe developers want to find a new site...

7190 Comments. 360 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo