Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7665 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Jan 18, 2015, 21:48 eRe4s3r

both good reads In the morning with a cup of coffee  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2015, 09:01 eRe4s3r

wraithnix wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 21:55:
Yeah, people who got stuff seized didn't have standing because the charges weren't against them: it was against whatever was seized. So now we have fun court cases like United States vs. $10,000 In American Currency, or State of Tennessee vs. 2013 Ford F-150 Truck.

I so, so wish I was kidding.

It would be more hilarious if the Ford truck won that case ...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2015, 00:22 eRe4s3r

Arctic..hah... meanwhile in Germany.. deepest winter, 10C and rain I have nearly forgotten what a real winter even looks like.  

News Comments > European Ship Simulator Next Month
3. Re: European Ship Simulator Next Month Jan 18, 2015, 00:01 eRe4s3r

Meh...

No deformations of the ship-body due to waves, no complex simulation of weather dynamics (ice rain, winter storms etc.) no leaks and pump system, no compartment simulation... it is basically just a few models swimming on the water with a % damage stat, but without compartment based simulation of buoyancy the ships will not behave realistically nor behave correctly with load (ie, they won't have a slightly shifting center of mass, etc........) there is no ballast simulation, no random engine failures, no crew management... it's just sad. Someone do a PROPER ship sim

News Comments > Hatred Earns AO Rating
34. Re: Hatred Earns AO Rating Jan 17, 2015, 23:43 eRe4s3r

siapnar wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 15:36:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 13:21:
then where does it stop.
Here. It stops with this game and rape simulators. And pupping torturing simulators. Draw a line for once.
To me, the line is pretty clear, it's not like: "yeah but then where does it stop?"
This is where it should stop. Any rational person should see that a game that forces the player as the sole objective, to kill innocent civilians for fun, with realistic executions in the most brutal manner, is sick. Why not kill kids, too?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/376/?

You can draw lines wherever you want, for other people that line is nothing but irrelevant graffiti

Ps.: No game "forces" you to do anything. You have dozens of choices, one of which is NOT PLAYING IT. You have however no right to insult anyone who does play it.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 17, 2015, 23:37 eRe4s3r

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 22:04:
nin wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 20:11:
Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 19:17:
Caution is warranted but most radiation we generate that can get inside a house by bending and diffraction instead of piercing (like radio waves, wifi, not like xray) has nowhere near the energy to be ionizing. Adding more wifi waves (if this even makes sense) doesn't increase the harm much because of the quantum nature of electron excitation.

This is heavy.

Good news. It only causes brain cancer and leukemia in children. Other then that it appears completely safe!

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/magnetic-fields

"Several early epidemiologic studies raised the possibility of an association between certain cancers, especially childhood cancers, and ELF-EMFs. Most subsequent studies have not shown such an association "

This is why reading is a helpful skill.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
33. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 17, 2015, 03:09 eRe4s3r

Cpmartins wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 02:05:
For anyone interested on a long read about the academic failures of sarkeesian/mcintosh regarding their stateed goals of having the videos used as academic materials, here's a VERY BIG article about it. It's absolutely not a light read, as the author puts it:

https://medium.com/@cainejw/dishonesty-feminist-frequency-part-1-fe937f6a791e

Part 2?

News Comments > Hatred Earns AO Rating
13. Re: Hatred Earns AO Rating Jan 17, 2015, 00:51 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 00:44:
You all need to go back to sucking Jack Thompson's dick and stop pretending you haven't murdered zillions of pixel people over the years with very thin pretenses of justification. Including innocent pixel people and cop pixel people.

Suddenly some people make a game that doesn't attempt to justify or make excuses for it's "protagonist" and everyone is offended. Check your hypocrisy.

What? People are hypocrites? News at 11

News Comments > Morning Interviews
31. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 17, 2015, 00:42 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 14:47:
but hey, FREE SPEECH!

Which you are exercising right now. Now imagine you didn't have that right, and any dissenting opinion would land you in jail. Like in Turkey.....

Ps.: I would remove the link to the board list, in some legislations the link to that alone can be illegal.

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
9. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 16, 2015, 19:59 eRe4s3r

Their defense to the airdrop system says everything you want to know, the refunds are not because of server issues, but because the game is pay to win.  

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend
11. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend Jan 16, 2015, 17:40 eRe4s3r

Droniac wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 08:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 01:25:
What makes you think this game will get expansions?

Since release it had 1 patch, and that patch didn't add any features nor fix any of the major complaints. The game is still what its 54% rating on Steam suggests. A massive fail

A massive fail would imply a game released in an unplayable state, like Rome 2 or Sword of the Stars 2.
A fail would imply a game released in a bad - barely playable - state, like Civilization 5.

Beyond Earth is absolutely playable and even reasonably balanced since the patch you mentioned. It isn't riddled with bugs like all of the aforementioned games, so a constant barrage of patches isn't needed. Indeed by any reasonable measure Beyond Earth is merely a disappointingly mediocre game.

So why exactly would Firaxis not release any expansions for it? When comparing it to its predecessor, Beyond Earth only requires some tweaking to make it as good a game. That and a healthy dose of atmosphere.

No, a fail is when something has the potential to be great, but fails to be so because the people making it didn't go the extra step to make that actually happen. Beyond Earth is the prime example of POTENTIAL wasted. When you have the entire backstory of Alpha Centauri to use, you do NOT create a generic sci-fi 4X that barely even resembles CIV2 in depth.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: "Just Pirate It"
18. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 16, 2015, 04:38 eRe4s3r

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 00:58:
Couldn't the devs put the game on Humble Bundle or a similar service and regions don't matter? (no clue about the laws on your island)

They could The question is whether the game is region locked then (Doesn't seem to be case here) so yeah.. buy it.. outside of AUS region? On like.. dunno.. sites that sell steam keys or whatever. Or if all fails on GOG

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month
11. Re: Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month Jan 16, 2015, 02:37 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 02:33:
Options for players currently without beta access to be able to purchase beta access will be available

I dont have much to say against Braben and Co. but this is douchy as fuck! Fuck paying for testing. Fuck it with a hard stick!

You will find people paying to do work that they should be paid for everywhere. Can you blame the devs for doing this? You gotta fleece the stupid, it's business 101

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend
6. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend Jan 16, 2015, 01:25 eRe4s3r

Linksil wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 00:17:
Yea Every time I've seen this on sale I have to keep telling myself to wait the 6m-1y til the exp or two are out and the games good enough.

What makes you think this game will get expansions?

Since release it had 1 patch, and that patch didn't add any features nor fix any of the major complaints. The game is still what its 54% rating on Steam suggests. A massive fail

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2015, 01:36.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed?
38. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 15, 2015, 23:08 eRe4s3r

Slashman wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 16:50:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 14:48:
Slashman wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 13:27:
TOTAL WAR: STONE AGE!

Now with enhanced romance options: 1) Club
2) Smooth Rock
3) Drag by hair into cave kicking
and screaming

It's called Total War, not Total Sex Simulator.

Also, Chris Taylor tried to KS a stone age game. It tanked.

W-what? People wanted the family tree mechanics back in the TW series. I'm just proposing they add Stone Age marriage mechanics.

Expecting historical accurate portrayal of marriage/sex/slavery in medieval, pre-medieval (or basically any post 1900) societies in games with AAA budgets is a pipe-dream

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 15, 2015, 19:31 eRe4s3r

That real life vs racing game comparison is pretty big bullshit.

If you ever drove a car and had a dash-cam... you know, what a camera sees is NOT what the human driving sees, so if both game and camera recording look identical then the game failed at the basic premise (being there, vs only seeing a recording). This means Project Cars is not realistic looking, it is a realistic simulation of a CAMERA. Not of *you* actually being there. Or better put, that's an utter fail for a simulation that wants to be realistic.

Just pointing that out....

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
22. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 15, 2015, 17:25 eRe4s3r

Krovven wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 19:05:
I think most people rebuying the game are doing so for the Online game.

I will likely play single player again with all the changes. We'll see.

As for Pillars, I'll get it eventually. My backlog of RPGs is way too big to get right away.

D:OS, I really enjoyed but haven't finished. Im at the end but apparently missed picking up Inert Stones I thought were useless. Turns out they are the used Star Stones needed to complete the game. I haven't been will to sit down and go through a list of locations and try and figure out where the missing stones are.

as Beta tester that made me laugh out loud. We buggered Larian to make it very clear those stones are important. The goblin in your Homestead says it specifically, bring these to him and unlock new areas in the homestead, and there are 2 major situations where these stones will teleport you to your homestead and unlock new rooms with your companions talking about it. How did you miss that?

I don't think that could have been made any more obvious without breaking 4th wall.

37. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 15, 2015, 17:19 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 03:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 01:35:
Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 22:15:
The Total War bashers are a bit of an enigma to me. I get that Creative Assembly has been releasing games with some big downsides since Empire:TW - I really do. But unless you just find the horse and musket era completely off-putting, it just boggles my mind how people cannot think it is one of the best strategy games ever made once you install the Darth Mod for it. Shogun had some brilliant community made fixes that made it as brilliant as it could be, and even though the "Darth Modder" has hung it up there is still the TWCenter Rome 2 section. Have you seen the changelist for some of these? Every complaint addressed. If you are going to be idealistic and say you shouldn't have to mod your games that is fine but I think you ignoring the biggest advantage PC gaming has over console gaming - a community-improved experience.

The main problem in Rome 2 is that with a complete lack of proper politics and family trees you can't actually DO total war And while mods make things more historical, they can't fix things that are hardcoded.... like the sea battle AI (still one of the worst things ever to touch Total War)

The Darthmod greatly improved the Sea Battle AI in Empire. Why wouldn't they be able to in Rome?

I don't know why, but I own ALL total war games, and obviously I am big into mods. Sea Battle AI is a complete mess in every mod I tried in Rome 2 (And also Shogun 2, though there at least I can mostly ignore it). From Darthmod (Which I don't actually like, makes siege combat way too slow) to Radious Mods.

I will make jumps of joys when Warhammer version of this game does NOT have sea battles.

You should never underestimate how much difference a gun on a ship makes to the AI. With "melee" being an option for 90% of the vessels, the AI will always try to ram or board you (or if it's skirmishers, constantly run away from you, which is SO MUCH FUN in a game where battles take 20+ minutes... sigh). And more awesome, unless you BOARD or SINK a ship, any fleeing ship means you can replay that battle 5+ times.

There are mods that boost auto-resolve for naval engagements for a reason

Anyway, I don't know why, but I did not like Rome 2 at ALL. I liked Shogun 2 to some extent, mainly because of the fantastic atmosphere and art style. And I liked Empire mainly because guns solve a lot of the problems this game has with AI... unless it's melee troops facing gun troops, or formation movement in huge battle lines. ;p

35. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 15, 2015, 01:35 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 22:15:
The Total War bashers are a bit of an enigma to me. I get that Creative Assembly has been releasing games with some big downsides since Empire:TW - I really do. But unless you just find the horse and musket era completely off-putting, it just boggles my mind how people cannot think it is one of the best strategy games ever made once you install the Darth Mod for it. Shogun had some brilliant community made fixes that made it as brilliant as it could be, and even though the "Darth Modder" has hung it up there is still the TWCenter Rome 2 section. Have you seen the changelist for some of these? Every complaint addressed. If you are going to be idealistic and say you shouldn't have to mod your games that is fine but I think you ignoring the biggest advantage PC gaming has over console gaming - a community-improved experience.

The main problem in Rome 2 is that with a complete lack of proper politics and family trees you can't actually DO total war And while mods make things more historical, they can't fix things that are hardcoded.... like the sea battle AI (still one of the worst things ever to touch Total War)

News Comments > All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming
12. Re: All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming Jan 14, 2015, 20:47 eRe4s3r

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 20:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 19:44:
Julio wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 18:12:
I'm confused, I thought beta = final game for the Battlefield series now.

Define "final game" ... because the game isn't final when they remove content for the future 5 dlc releases...

Anyway, after BF4 I will take what I get for free, but paying money for something DICE made? Not gonna happen ever again. This game is a huge pass for me.

You're in luck, DICE didn't make this. It's crap anyway, but...you know.

Well that is why I will check out the beta.. ,p

7665 Comments. 384 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo