Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7815 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 10, 2015, 11:45 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 11:36:
Jesus, when the hell is Germany going to get rid of her? Are the other choices that bad?

Short answer.. YES, (assuming there are even choices, I don't know of any..)

Long answer... Merkel killed of (politically, of course) any personal that might have had a chance within her party. And continues to massacre any candidates by giving them resorts they can't handle (look who runs the foreign relations and defense ministry and how well that goes ,p).

Merkel has mastered the art governing a nation without actually governing it. And for some absurd fucked up reason people love that here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

General Discussion > This Is the Police
2. Re: This Is the Police Feb 10, 2015, 11:37 eRe4s3r

Weappy wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 08:41:
Hey, guys. We are Weappy, small development studio located in Minsk, Belarus. In the past we separately worked on different social games, but six month ago gathered together to make videogame of our dreams This Is the Police. It's a strategy/adventure game about power and corruption. You'll play as beloved and honest police chief who is going to do some bad things. Player will dive into the world of corruption, bribes, kickbacks and other fun. You can read about our game right here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-is-the-police

And here is some pictures: http://imgur.com/gallery/6Tx7I/new

We'll be happy to answer any questions you got!

You broke your kickstarter link, this is how you do it right

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/43328422/this-is-the-police

Ps.: As much as I like a good story, gameplay video or at least the prototype footage how gameplay is envisioned, needs to be the video you show to first comers.. currently I have no idea what kind of game this is, and I am not going to be reading 5 pages of stuff to find out. ,P

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2015, 11:47.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: RE: Follow up Feb 10, 2015, 11:18 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 09:45:
http://isthereanydeal.com/ is also a good one to see price history and compare prices

Ah thanks, man I tried remembering the name of that site for the past hour and failed ;/

3. Re: Benefit of the doubt Feb 10, 2015, 11:17 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 10:29:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ha.

quoted for truth HA!

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: RE: Follow up Feb 10, 2015, 09:33 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 20:39:
UConnBBall wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 18:57:
Wish more people used GamersGate for purchasing thing so that Steam feels some pressure of competition from someone.

Huh, I've bought from Steam, GoG, Humble, D2D, Gamefly, and Origin. Strange, never bought from GG in all this time.

Me neither, and the reason is simple. They offer nothing that can't be gotten elsewhere, for cheaper. Including literally on Steam itself.

10.00 for HoI 3 complete (game and DLC)
Was 9.49 on Steam last sale

Sorry ,) But I keep track of prices, and Gamersgate is ALWAYS more expensive than Steam during sales. Lords of the fallen for 20.00 which was 19.99 on steams last sale.. 17,99 on MMOGA etc.

And infinitely more expensive than just buying from a key site.. (ie 15.99 for Lords of the Fallen normal edition) can't really be arsed to check more...

use https://www.steamprices.com (Does track steam prices, obviously, which is a good comparison tool if you have other places where you buy)

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 10, 2015, 01:07 eRe4s3r

NetHead wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 09:46:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 04:17:
Considering all the blur in Dying Light ramming that in your face is likely tantamount to torture

I haven't played the game but I'm guessing from screenshots I've seen you're talking about the chromatic aberration, where they simulate colours being separated (like the Pink Floyd prism).

It seems to be the new stupid thing to do, or rather overdo, it's something you only see through lenses but hey, lets not let that stops us from smothering everything in it. I can't remember a game that does it without overdoing it, even Alien Isolation went overboard with it but was bearable.

It's like a crappy tiny budged director suddenly got free bloom or lens flare effect in the budget and went bloody crazy. Even some sensible established devs end up being idiots and going crazy with the "new thing", give an idiot access to it and you end up with things like Dying Light where everything must be smothered in it. Bloom, HDR, they've all been molested by idiots but chromatic aberration is by far the most annoying so far when a shaved monkey gets it mitts on it, not so much because it's impossible but because they use it like an elephant with a broom trying to paint a teacup.

Yeah, chromatic aberration which blurs outer edge details and splits edges in 3 colors (no proper made photo macro lense ever does that btw) which looks absolutely HORRIBLE and by the way, also breaks blur-AA (ie post AA) ;p Since blur AA blurs already the pixel edge, giving it that nice "frayed" look.

And then you have on top of that blur when you sprint (radial edge blur. Blur when you get hit. Massive blur when you are hit by water droplets (the sewers nearly made me stop playing entirely). Motion blur, depth of field blur (All things the human eye does not actually have, and yes, that includes motion blur and depth of field blur, because* human eye always sees sharp wherever it focuses, you focus on a flat surface that's a sharp surface, no matter how much you move or what is in between you and the surface, assuming you can see it). Either way, Dying Light is imo the perfect example of what happens when you give devs a toy they do not understand.

Alien Isolation by the way, at least implemented it very faintly, and let you toggle it off entirely. Most of the things in Dying Light you have to hack out, and there is no way to disable lense distortion + chromatic aberration yet, without enabling blur-AA (which kinda defeats the point...)

Gods I miss the times of proper MSAA with super sampling....

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Details
2. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Details Feb 9, 2015, 09:40 eRe4s3r

Straylight wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 09:37:
Is anyone else waiting to see the next few weeks of events unfold like all other Battlefield games?

1) Hardlines open beta will ask for participation touting feedback which will help tune server load and weapon damage...

2) On game day release, the servers will be overloaded, "we didn't foresee this many people wanting to play our game despite how many people pre-ordered it"

3) Reported bugs will have been ignored rather than fixed.

4) Overpowered weapons and exploits weren't even addressed, Game balance issues still exist.

5) A third of the people who bought Hardline wont even be able to play until the next patch...

You forgot sound bugs that mute entire server population and map glitches that were reported and will no be fixed until DLC 3

Still, a pass for me. I hated the beta.. now twice.

News Comments > Universal Combat CE Free on Steam
2. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 09:35 eRe4s3r

free torture is still torture  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 9, 2015, 06:40 eRe4s3r

Alamar wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 00:57:
Dacron wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 21:02:
yuastnav wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 19:47:
Heh, just realised that Dying Light is also not available in Germany.

Woohoo. >_>
This is getting really weird. It's just zombies.

Why?

Maybe it's the rare (30 hours, seen 3, all part of missions so far) child zombies you kill by suffocating while reassuring it with "shhh shhh" noises.

If I were to hazard a guess.

Oh man... The first time... Great stuff : )

Threw 6 molotovs in that room until everything was nice and quiet, was worth it.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
9. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2015, 04:33 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 03:32:
This is a thing because you have trigger happy police officers just itching to jump the gun. What kind of country allows this to even be a 'thing'? I was under the impression that the SWAT team is called in only as a last resort by officers already at the scene?

"Prank" calling is a problem not just with police, my friend at local firestation says they have about a 5 prank calls every month. The people in those call centers are specially schooled to detect prank calls, by asking certain questions that when not answered raise all red flags and remember, you call police or firestation you get your call traced... always If mobile phone they can ID you up to a specific street in the cities. And so they can easily see if it's a prank call or not, and from WHERE you call. I guess the US doesn't have such systems in place yet, for whatever reason.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2015, 04:17 eRe4s3r

Considering all the blur in Dying Light ramming that in your face is likely tantamount to torture  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2015, 03:26 eRe4s3r

ASeven wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 20:26:
No sympathy for these assholes, they deserve everything that's coming to them.

Indeed

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 9, 2015, 00:05 eRe4s3r

beremot wrote on Feb 8, 2015, 22:47:
Poor Gators. Desperately trying to stay relevant and in the news. "The Internet Police for the Indie Scene!"
Oh well. There's always swatting:
http://alturl.com/d24g6
http://alturl.com/sim8e
But I hear the real cops are starting to take that a little more seriously these days.
What's a Gator to do?
Oh well. At least 8 chan and "One Angry Gamer" will always have your back.

Every time you say "Gator" you make our counter argument yourself There is no point taking someone seriously that generalizes and whose argument consists of ad-hominem attacks en-mass without facts or logic

Facts and logic, by the way, which you were constantly ignoring in previous topics. At least you are good entertainment though.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 8, 2015, 19:38 eRe4s3r

There is no tangible proof that IGF was rigged, though if it was not rigged then maybe calling it a "Clique award" goes in a better direction. Just like anything else UBM (the company behind IGF, Gamasutra and many others) is involved in, everything somehow smells fishy. And I doubt it's downright nefarious, for that the people there would require some ounce of intelligence.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2015, 00:53 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 12:03:
Dachande wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 11:37:
I never eaten any spicy food until I moved from the UK to the USA, Mexican food is now my favorite. I never understand people that eat mild spicy food when you have the option to eat the core from the sun. It hurts like hell but at least you know you're alive, for a few minutes anyway.

Because some of us prefer to actually taste our food perhaps? What's the point in eating molten food when all you get is heat? There are other ways to get an endorphin rush without self-torture. Thanks but I'll take a nice T-bone or porterhouse Chicago or Florentine style and a luscious cabernet sauvignon any day of the week.

BTW what music do you listen to when you eat hot food? Donna Summer's Hot Stuff, or Buster Poindexter's cover of Feeling Hot?
Devil

Some local house here produces mustard with chilly (we are talking below 30000 scoville..) and that's just the right kind of spicy for me (not to mention that I like the taste of mustard and chilly..... and I like to taste my food as well Mustard goes so much better with food than chilly and what comes out at "the end" isn't biohazard-waste either.

Like you I prefer my meat without burning hotness. Meat tastes so well if properly done, it's sacrilege to destroy that taste!

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
11. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 8, 2015, 00:38 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 13:46:
So the Samsung has spyware like the Xbox One. Good thing I have neither product.

So you don't have any kind of smart-phone or tablet either?

At least it's optional, unlike the Xbone

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Trailer
2. Re: Mortal Kombat X Trailer Feb 7, 2015, 08:25 eRe4s3r

Knortal Mombat!

Let's just hope this isn't one of those games that is always-on.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Feb 7, 2015, 07:38 eRe4s3r

Even more depressing when you consider that it's now over a decade since Half-Life 2 released. If Valve waits much longer there'll be an entire generation that never even *heard* of Half-life.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Feb 7, 2015, 02:02 eRe4s3r

I bet the first mod is gonna be leather or latex full-body suits just for the lulz ,)  

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 18:46 eRe4s3r

yuastnav wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 13:01:

Silly ereaser, that is why you go to to the Sparkasse. :p

Ah yes.. except that was a Sparkasse story Here is the link (In case you speak German)

RBB Online

Very curious case, and I honestly did not even know that is possible with a EC card that is blocked.

7815 Comments. 391 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo