Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7413 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year
19. Re: London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year Dec 3, 2014, 07:49 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 07:43:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 06:59:
Fion wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 23:40:
Not all AS games suck or are bad ports. Sure most of the better ones are older, when they had one dev group working on each game instead of spreading it so thin and giving so little time to each group to each game. AS2 & Brotherhood stand out. Black Flag is quite fun but also extremely formulaic but it's sea-faring niche makes it worth the sale price.

I'm hoping it doesn't suck because Victorian England sounds like a fun place to assassinate bad-guys in.
I'm liking all the ones I have played so far, thats Black Flag, III, Liberation and Unity.

London looks AMAZING... AMAZING.

yawn... yawn.

And extra yawn for.. no female protagonist.. AGAIN

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released
22. Re: The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released Dec 3, 2014, 04:51 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 04:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 03:25:
Julio wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 16:10:
From a metacritic user review standpoint, looks like it's doing well. 7.3 overall, compared to 2.3 for Ass Creed Unity; 5.7 for DA:I; 7.8 for Far Cry 4

Except people giving DA:I a 5.7 and Far Cry 3.5 a 8 on average are braindead poptarts and not someone you should use as basis for any logical game rating judgment...

The only thing that site is good for is ego ratings, not game ratings..

Actually I find Metacritic very good at what it represents. It represents an average of averages. Just like IMDB. Taken like that it is an accurate representation of what people think about a said game. With DA:I for example its a 5.7 because its got so many GUI issues, not to mention Origin's taint of death, EA's rep and then you have DA:2 and its fanbase of braintards who will probably shit over DA:I for attempting to bring some complexity back.

Meh I have long since stopped caring for numbers that somehow formulate whether a game is "fun" or not... at least for movies on general if it's very much below 5 I will skip it unless it SOUNDS interesting. (I like some really strange and low-rated movies)

News Comments > London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year
15. Re: London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year Dec 3, 2014, 04:44 eRe4s3r

Holy crap.. they are milking this worse than mostly any other franchise...  

News Comments > The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released
19. Re: The Crew Ships; Day One Patch Released Dec 3, 2014, 03:25 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 16:10:
From a metacritic user review standpoint, looks like it's doing well. 7.3 overall, compared to 2.3 for Ass Creed Unity; 5.7 for DA:I; 7.8 for Far Cry 4

Except people giving DA:I a 5.7 and Far Cry 3.5 a 8 on average are braindead poptarts and not someone you should use as basis for any logical game rating judgment...

The only thing that site is good for is ego ratings, not game ratings..

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 2, 2014, 00:29 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 00:15:
In case you've ever wondered how game developers keep pissing away so much money

Flying over from the headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, Sundberg tries to visit the New York branch of the studio every month to keep up on the development of Just Cause 3 and make the trans-atlantic studio feel more unified.

I guess the dude never heard of vid-com

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 1, 2014, 21:05 eRe4s3r

Best watch this evening...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 1, 2014, 20:15 eRe4s3r

Wesp5 wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 03:40:
How is it that everytime a blockbuster is about some weeks old Counter-Strike is in the top ten again? Is this really being played so much, or is this just a sign that sales between blockbusters trickle down on Steam?

All those vac banned cheaters need new serials

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
12. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Nov 30, 2014, 15:51 eRe4s3r

At $75m we get companions
At $99m we get party banter
At $100m we get romance options
At $101m we get steamy mass-effect style sex scenes?

As long as this games remains modular I am all happy... Took the arena mode for a swing and love how the "original" 300i handles you can blaze through the tiniest cracks thanks to the low profile and it's an absolute blaze to float through cracks in reverse while firing on an enemy that can not get through that and thus has to decide whether to break off or die ;p

And to my suprise, performance in flight is great. Just.. doesn't really SOUND very good yet.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 30, 2014, 14:16 eRe4s3r

Which is still a gross violation of our laws... the people in charge, backed by the current government are the real terrorists.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
14. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 30, 2014, 01:48 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Nov 29, 2014, 23:00:
Isn't the allegation that he intentionally helped criminal activity to get rich?

If you built a road or laid cable with the intention of getting rich from criminals using this road/cable - somehow - then I think you'd be shut down and probably face further legal action. I hope Dotcom wins simply because the US and NZ authorities have been even more odious and dishonest than him but he gets no sympathy from me.

Considering the Internet was built to share information I find it hard to fault him for building a site that makes this easily possible to do for large amounts of information

Just like an ISP a filehoster is exactly that.. a service, the people using the service for illegal content are the ones breaking the law, not the service itself... if a court argued differently you could in fact close down the internet right then and there (Something the RIAA surely wants... but we should never accept the music and movie mafia winning any victories ,p)

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2014, 21:23 eRe4s3r

Redmask wrote on Nov 29, 2014, 13:06:
Maybe Kim 'Dotcom' will finally get the prison sentence he deserves. I'm tired of this disgusting oaf trying to play himself up like some champion of internet freedom instead of the scum that he is. He's a criminal who made a ridiculous fortune on the backs of other peoples work and couldn't even have the decency to spend it quietly instead of throwing it in everyones face. He thought he was beyond the law but he's learned the hard lesson that he isn't the only person who will break it to get the outcome they desire, the government and corporations are old hat at that shit.

Well I say we should put road builders behind bars for life, why? Because clearly they enable criminals to drive cars around to commit crimes and they even made money with that!

(About as logical as your argumentation) ^^

Or how about putting the people behind bars that laid the cables that connect datacenters? Clearly THEY are the ones enabling all that piracy!

(Again about as logical as your argumentation) ^^

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
28. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 28, 2014, 23:45 eRe4s3r

Timmeh wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 11:43:
knowing this crowd, the game is probably awesome and the graphics great.

The people at blues are the worst gamers on the planet. If you could actually call them gamers. you guys are more like amateur trolls from some youtube comedy channel.

And yet you read the comments and comment here.. what does that tell us about you I wonder...

Ps.: How the heck did I get here?

General Discussion > BN display on mobile
7. No subject Nov 28, 2014, 14:06 eRe4s3r

Blue wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 08:57:
Rhialto wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 08:20:
I believe the really first steps though would be to post this as a news on the main page, maybe in the 'etc.' or 'Out of the Blue' section or something so more people would see it and more chance that someone kindly offer you some help. That would be a good start.

That's how I've planned on dealing with this when I was prepared to bring it up... I posted here and now because of your post.

You need to make that a bluesnews related news post then ;p Sadly I can't help.. but a proper m.bluesnews.com would be much appreciated. Site is sadly unbrowsable on my android tablet. Looks like that screenshot, really.

News Comments > The Pillars of the Earth Game Announced
6. Re: The Pillars of the Earth Game Announced Nov 28, 2014, 14:04 eRe4s3r

Speaking of building sims... I want more building/transport sims.. someone seriously has to make a proper remake of Transport Tycoon, except with a more tight focus on industry interactions, more detail and more fictional settings and options. (Ie, mods, themes and such), and the ability to design factories and bus/train yards in more detail. Think the KSP of Transport Tycoons  

News Comments > Black Friday Tech Bits
1. Re: Black Friday Tech Bits Nov 28, 2014, 13:52 eRe4s3r

Not quite sure why I would want "native" mkv support in W10... does MS believe we use WMP for mkv media playback?

Nah.. once you go MPC-HC with MadVR you never go back

News Comments > Black Friday Safety Dance
3. Re: Black Friday Safety Dance Nov 28, 2014, 13:31 eRe4s3r

That's all nice and such.. but both Fox IT (2004!), and F-Secure (2008) sat on detailed information including a "fix" for this attack since 2009 including fixes for the updates trojan versions! They talked to their local agencies and were "convinced" not to reveal the information to anyone.

Only when Microsoft released a half-assed fix did this become a known attack, until then at least 3 companies, INCLUDING Symantec since at least 2013, did NOT release info about a highly advanced trojan they *KNEW* about.

As in, they *knew* about it. They did not discover it and didn't know what it was. This trojan existed since 2004, and at least since 2009 3 major AV companies had information (apparently Symantex is so superior, they missed the most advanced trojan so far for nearly a decade entirely) and didn't release anything of that to the public, no fix, no info, nothing. Now, end of 2014..., Trojan first seen, 2004.

These companies are nothing but extended arms of the surveillance state at this point.

And especially Symantec.. a company claiming to be the leader of.. something or another.. should be the first to discover this kind of shit. 10 years it took them. In that time that trojan infected all major targets it had 10 times over.

It just goes to show, AV software is a pointless waste of time.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2014, 13:37.

News Comments > Black Friday Interviews
1. Re: Black Friday Interviews Nov 28, 2014, 13:22 eRe4s3r

as usual, the gold is not the article, the gold is some of these absurd hilarious comments.. which remind me that really, it's not yet discovered whether intelligent life exists in the universe. ;p  

News Comments > Black Friday Safety Dance
1. Re: Black Friday Safety Dance Nov 28, 2014, 13:02 eRe4s3r

Just to re-iterate.. so called "Anti-Virus" companies sat on this trojan for 10 years, did not fix, did not reveal and did nothing.

Yep, I know whom to trust in the future....

News Comments > The Witcher Adventure Game Released
2. Re: The Witcher Adventure Game Released Nov 27, 2014, 14:32 eRe4s3r

Reviews are not kind.. from what youtube has so far, it seems to be .. extremely random, and other players have barely any influence on your play.

But then, it seems a good game for 5$ or so.. not for 9 as GOG wants me to pay though.

News Comments > The Pillars of the Earth Game Announced
1. Re: The Pillars of the Earth Game Announced Nov 27, 2014, 14:30 eRe4s3r

More adventures is always good ;p  

7413 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo