Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9268 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 17, 2016, 10:59 eRe4s3r

JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 00:39:

Both sides make good points about the blocksize limit, so you're right, it's going to be an interesting couple of months.

Actually the side that doesn't want to increase it is 5 (large = 90% of calculation power) chinese miners who can't handle that increased blocksize thanks to China's broken as fuck Internet.. meaning that the "Great Chinese Firewall" is the reason Bitcoin is dead.

And the reason why BitCoin XT is the future, Bitcoin vanilla is run into the ground by the devs that the original dev made admins without vetting them beforehand... huge mistake that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
46. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 22:07 eRe4s3r

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 18:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 18:21:
Thing is I use it (Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB pilfered from a client who didn't want it ,P) on my media PC for months now and have zero problems too... maybe just dumb luck. And LTSB comes without all the spying crap.. couldn't be happier really. Free OS (although maybe not in the way MS intended...)
I guess the massive gap between competence levels cause these statements. What you say is completely wrong. LTSB is also spying a lot. Its just a little less effort to turn it off.

There is a vast difference between stuff you can disable (which is what ye obviously always have to do with Windows....) and stuff you have to uninstall the hard way (which is definitely not something you have to do with Enterprise LTSB, as it comes without all the windows applications that do in fact spy on you REGARDLESS of what you set in policies, specifically Windows Defender is the 1 thing you do in fact have to uninstall the hard way if you accidentally let it rummage through your stuff).

policies are something of a sore point with Windows 10 but it takes what, 60 seconds to delete all the tasks that you don't want... if you have a list ,) To me that is not a "little" less effort It's a lot effort saved by just getting a version that doesn't unpatch your policy edits and installs crapware "features" by default no matter what you set, with no way to stop it. LTSB is only version that allows you to prevent massive future changes to the OS that you might not want.

And btw, you can assume that I read MDL at length before going this route.

33. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 18:21 eRe4s3r

Thing is I use it (Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB pilfered from a client who didn't want it ,P) on my media PC for months now and have zero problems too... maybe just dumb luck. And LTSB comes without all the spying crap.. couldn't be happier really. Free OS (although maybe not in the way MS intended...)  

30. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 17:25 eRe4s3r

So the headline is intentionally confusing then... that I need W10 for W10 exclusive features is clearly not the same as "CPU's requiring W10"  

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Video
5. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Video Jan 16, 2016, 16:49 eRe4s3r

Thanks ^^  

27. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 16:48 eRe4s3r

MS has absolutely ZERO influence what CPU is supported or not, that's all chipset drivers and UEFI, none of which MS has any control over, and it's literally impossible for MS to break a x86 cpu compatible with x86 applications, which Windows 7/8 are.... So wtf is this news even talking about?  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 16, 2016, 12:46 eRe4s3r

The more I read of SJW actions and the whole political correctness crap that this lead to lately the more I absolutely and totally hate hate hate hate them... yes, 4 hates. 1 for each my egos  

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Video
3. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Video Jan 15, 2016, 23:16 eRe4s3r

No proper gameplay trailer this close to release...

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Production "Restructured"
4. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Production Jan 15, 2016, 12:29 eRe4s3r

Regression testing you say... haha With 1 coder?  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 14, 2016, 20:41 eRe4s3r

Mass murderer and terrorist or rebel leader... that is the question Depends on which side of the cold war you were on in this case. Quite ballsy to sue

And as for that Netflix news, that's why TV show and movie piracy is on an all time high

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
12. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 12:56 eRe4s3r

PacoTaco wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 11:42:
It is great to see a company scoop up all the money left on the ground by companies like CCP and the never to be finished greatest scam ever Star Citizen.

God speed to you Elite team! You earned my respect and my money!

The joke is EVE could have been one of the strongest space games in the market had CCP not squandered it

News Comments > Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders
7. Re: Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders Jan 12, 2016, 22:10 eRe4s3r

Physical video games? AND pre-Orders What (year) is that again?

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2016, 22:15.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 12, 2016, 17:55 eRe4s3r

Sony lawyer trainee was must have been drinking some strong stuff to even think for 1 second this would pass ...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 11, 2016, 17:12 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 12:19:
600 for the Oculus Rift is too much already. After postage & taxes it will cost as much as 800$ to import it here. For that kind of money I can buy another GTX970 and an awesome 1440p monitor...Goddamn it...Im like the prime consumer for this kind of thing, and I can't afford it.

For that kind of money you can actually buy a state of the art 6gb 980TI ,) If you wanted it (which is superior to SLI in every way)

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 11, 2016, 11:03 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 10:59:
Trevellian wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 21:23:
The game has been out for years on PS3. All they did for PC was make higher res textures and make sure it runs at 60fps.

So yes, it's been out. And this is simply an improvement.

Don't try to get me on the born last night thing. It isn't out on the PC and we don't know how good the port is, which is the key. That is what day one reviews are for. Don't tell me otherwise. That's the rule man. That is why you don't see it on the list. If it gets good WoM it will show up the following.

Do we really need to say that you should never pre-order, EVER?

That said, you can grab it when it's out on steam, put a watch-clock near-by set that to 1 hour just to be safe and test whether the port works for you or not, and if not, refund it. Easy and painless.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 11, 2016, 08:36 eRe4s3r

bigspender wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 23:00:
lets see someone use augmented reality to change a tyre in a rainstorm.....

Whether it rains or not makes no difference, but knowing how to do something correctly without going through trial and error can make ALL the difference in the world.

25. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 11, 2016, 07:14 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 01:26:
Shok wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 23:27:
Grim Dawn has its hooks in me. Excellent game I picked up in the steam Xmas sale due to someone recommending it here. Started playing a few days ago and time has ceased to matter to me in the only way a pooter game can do that.

How does it compare to others in the genre: D3, TL2, PoE?

This is still just EA impressions...

It's the offline sister of PoE basically. Combat and loot is kinda meh (You find tons of stuff you can't use when you find it) the quest system is also kinda meh, because it doesn't tell you how to get to where you need to go (the far out overland map is completely useless, and there is no overlay map like in D3 where quest objectives and ENTRANCES related to those quests are marked after a while of exploring, all you get is a tiny minimap or a huge minimap, no in-between) if you played D3 with the overlay map on constantly you will absolutely hate this way of doing things

As for combat, it feels ok, it's very chaotic and doesn't really feel beefy or connected, maybe worse, you hate terrain collisions with projectile weapons, you gonna HATE Grim Dawn to the core. Every object on the map counts as LOS block with a projectile weapon. So forests or camp sites = total nightmare to hit anything. And speaking of hitting things, you like your big energy using skills having a MISS chance that increases the greater level difference is? Yeah... I don't

Pathfinding is also kinda rough, enemies are good to great actually, they will find you in the weirdest situations, sometimes even unexpected, but it's your own pathfinding that's the problem. Happened to me often that I get stuck in terrain meshes.. aside that, crafting, character building is top notch. Fair warning though, if you hated the legendary ingredient grind in D3 you will hate it in Grim Dawn as well

TL;DR if you liked Titan Quest you will like this.

And personally, I like it too. But whenever I play grim Dawn I just wish there'd be a new D3 expansion. You just don't get the same feeling when a legendary or set drops that you do in D3. And the game doesn't really "do" the whole fluffy FX deal for loot and money. Meaning it still feels very rough. Maybe that will be improved til release.

Also maybe this is an hilarious last line, but I think the game is too dark and grimy.. lmao, yes, exactly the opposite problem of D3 pre-expansion.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2016, 07:20.

6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 10, 2016, 19:01 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 17:49:
Trevellian wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 16:58:
People need to start buying Dragon's Dogma so I can get a damn sequel.

Isn't even out yet...

But you can already buy it
http://store.steampowered.com/app/367500/

News Comments > Saturday Previews
9. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 10, 2016, 14:55 eRe4s3r

The controller comment is especially hilarious because "fast" is very relative when you hold a controller and a thumb stick... vs pin-point 0 latency laser accurate pointer that is, the mouse and keyboard config. Meaning it's likely a bog standard arcade shooter set at snails pace to not make the controller players cry.

Either way, don't expect much from it.. games like this are fun for 2 to 4 hours, then you've seen it all and/or played through... but we'll see when it's released. Maybe it isn't a bog standard boring arcade shooter after all... one thing though, if it uses the god awful ID Tech 5 engine with 50gb world textures that all look like shit up-close then I am not gonna bother

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Trailer
6. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Trailer Jan 9, 2016, 04:29 eRe4s3r

Dragons Dogma and this... anything else interesting coming out soonish?  

9268 Comments. 464 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo