Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6855 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Early Access
5. Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Early Access Feb 21, 2014, 04:06 eRe4s3r

Looking at reviews I just want to point out that the ONLY negative review was flagged as abusive.. despite it not actually being abusive.... professional indeed...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2014, 23:59 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 17:02:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 06:44:
yonder wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 03:47:
I cried the whole time BN was down, including the time that only the comments were down. Then I got paranoid when I forgot Steam's weekly maintenance downtime, I thought there was a major DDOS going on.

Blues down + Steam down = No reason to live.

Girls?
Pizza?
Girls who eat pizza?
Girls who BRING pizza?
Games?
The Dutch winning 21 out of 30 speed skating medals?

I mean, come ON! There's PLENTY of reasons!

Olympia was the only reason I didn't go insane with blues comments being down..... just saying...

News Comments > Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip
15. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 23:56 eRe4s3r

Krovven wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 23:03:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 15:27:
The funny thing is, people playing right now (as in, before patch 2.0) are just wasting their time but yeah... Diablo 3 is Diablo 3... it isn't a bad game, it's just before the patch and expansion, there is no point playing it.

How exactly are they wasting their time?

Because for most players Diablo 3 is about the LOOT ^^ At least it is for me... and the loot sucks because Itemization sucks.

Ps.: Yes on that I agree, Necro in Diablo 2 is a completely gimped class ^^ There are mods that fix it though by giving Necro mana based summons that have stat dependency and interlinks with normal summons. So you add points in 1 and it boost the other. Forgot the name of the mod though... ;p

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Feb 20, 2014, 21:12 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 18:02:
Any of you Rome II people in on this new Hegemony Rome yet? You likin it? Lookin' forward to it?

Its currently still extremely buggy

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
62. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 16:16 eRe4s3r

1badmf wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 10:28:
yeah this game doesn't really tickle my stompy robot fetish like OG mechwarrior does. shogo/hawken/virtual on always felt like... just, dudes fighting. never had the weight of giant mechanized combat.

Believe me, that's what everyone who liked Mechwarrior back in the day feels...

Titanfall feels like you are just a bigger fatter dude walking around with slightly bigger pew-pew guns... and Titans bump into every small geometry element. It feels broken, as if Titans were an afterthought.

News Comments > Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip
5. Re: Another Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Clip Feb 20, 2014, 15:27 eRe4s3r

descender wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 14:21:
Current player count on steam:
Path of Exile - 3318 (supposedly half of the player base uses steam, so let's give PoE 7k players... because why not)
Torchlight II - 902

Current estimated diablo 3 player count:
Diablo 3 - ~50000, possibly way more

Which game was it that no one cared about?

Diablo doesn't have a real online count, but you can infer it from the number of the general chat it sticks you in. There are also 735 public games to join (containing somewhere between 735 and 2940 players), but most of the games played are not public.

The funny thing is, people playing right now (as in, before patch 2.0) are just wasting their time but yeah... Diablo 3 is Diablo 3... it isn't a bad game, it's just before the patch and expansion, there is no point playing it.

News Comments > Line of Defense Tactics Demo
23. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Demo Feb 20, 2014, 13:00 eRe4s3r

ASeven wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 06:37:
You know things are truly fucked up when even Techdirt does ann awesome article on these antics.

And, obviously, he gets to the comments there too for the delight of the Techdirt audience!

He should just have let the review stand, it was well written. Instead he goes to attack the author.... classic

Just like EA, DS is in the business of being antagonistic, and not game development.

News Comments > Line of Defense Tactics Demo
11. Re: Line of Defense Tactics Demo Feb 20, 2014, 02:37 eRe4s3r

Mhhh... played for few minutes and one thing that's going to drive anyone on PC completely nuts is going to be the wheel menu that pops up when you "move-drag" your dudes, and hold lmb slightly too long... that menu is in theory useful (even on PC) but it opens when I hold left mouse button to move my guys into a exact position... and it doesn't close without letting go of the button and clicking on the X. The ring menu should close when I let go of the mouse button in the center and trigger the function I am mousing over otherwise (when I let go)

aside that, not greatest game ever, not worst game ever. Compared to 90% of stuff on Steam nowadays, this one is actually pretty polished... it ain't worth 23 though... but I get that pricing on steam is taking into account sales and what not...

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video
17. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Gameplay Video Feb 19, 2014, 14:39 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 13:17:
This looked boring as all hell. The player whose stream you're following just stands there and shoots these orange laser beams out, that apparently hit everything around him, pierce through monsters, do ungodly amounts of damage, never run out of mana or whatever, and it's ALL HE EVER DOES.

Exciting?

That's how endgame as mage looked in normal Diablo 3 as well. Crit chance high, mana on crit = infinite beam weapon. It's also about as exciting as it looks in that video...

News Comments > Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit
15. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 22:22 eRe4s3r

Crustacean Soup wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 21:51:
What? Who cares about bullet drop when you're ripping around like you can in this? Or is that some in-joke I'm missing?

Makes hitting crits on titans a total no brainer... i got a KD of 10+ in this and I am not a superb pro gamer. But I *can* aim perfectly when weapons are hit-scan

I am quake railgun master

12. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 21:45 eRe4s3r

60$ ? Here Origins wants.. no joke.. 60 or 82$

And yeah, it can all be summed up as "Awesome for a short while, but then boring as hell" yeah, seeing Titans fall from the sky LOOKS awesome, it sounds awesome. Commanding them is cool.. the movement is ok. But all this in a game that has absolutely no dynamic element to it. You played it for 5 to 10 hours, you have seen everything there is. Also.. no bullet drop.

7. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 20:47 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:33:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 19:27:
But... no destruction element anywhere.

yeh this is a huge problem with a game tossing massive explosions and gunfire around

its ridiculous

actually, IMHO fully destructible environments need to become a new standard for MP shooters

yeh, maybe at the end there is nothing but a giant pile of rubble, but fuck it, thats what happens

Actually I was under the impression this would have destruction simply because in my mind, there is no way to have GIANT FUCKING MECHS tossing around more firepower than a dozen tanks and not have at least visual non-vital-geometry destruction elements (trees etc.). It's hilarious to see those tiny trees standing or the various level elements not respond to collision. One of the coolest things in BF4, is you see someone hiding behind a wall and you just drive your tank through that shit. Wall is gone, roadkill is gained. Everyone is happy.

Or you drive into a house to evade a lock-on. Or especially on Golmund Railway where you can turn the entire battlefield into a crater landscape straight out of a moon exploration mission. And the upper 3 flags every single building can be flattened. After a match this area often looks like an utter wasteland. With craters deep enough to STAND in. And to get tanks stuck in.

I just can't go back to anything less than this. BF3 and BF4 can sometimes (or often) be quite annoying, but these moments when awesome things happen that are not scripted or "score based" are the reason I can't stop playing Battlefield. Having a tank suddenly burst through a house you thought was safe is awesome. That will never happen in Titanfall. It's an extremely linear battlefield when you are in a titan.

The parcour is cool but makes you an easy target. Running along a wall isn't such a smart idea when you got smart-pistol and titans as enemy. Smart pistol btw... yeah... Section 8 comes to mind. Stupid lock-on-player weapons have no place in a MP shooter.

Bottom line. This is not worth 60. And a game with that kind of explosion and effect density not having destruction is... hilarious. No doubt an engine limitation. The engine feels old. Not sure how else to describe this.

1. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 19:27 eRe4s3r

Speaking of BF4... so I got into the Titanfall Beta and have to say, the gameplay itself seems incredibly fun.

But... no destruction element anywhere. Maps are 100% static. Animations are EXTREMELY wonky. Mechs feel like they bump and jitter around the map. No dynamic lightning of the maps either. So no weather changes or anything.

The gameplay was fun, but I feel after 5 hours I already have seen everything the game had to offer. And that was just the beta.

I still can't get over the fact that a 40mm burst fire shot does not even dent a lantern pole. Feels like a game from 2000.

Or put differently, this is COD with TITANS. Does not make it any better, but makes it slightly more fun for a short while.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Trailer
1. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Trailer Feb 18, 2014, 18:26 eRe4s3r

Or "How to make an explosion you see for 3 seconds in the most complicated way at all possible"  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2014, 18:22 eRe4s3r

Weee Days without bluesnews are no days worth living....  

News Comments > Titanfall Closed Beta Begins Friday
5. Re: Titanfall Closed Beta Begins Friday Feb 12, 2014, 10:43 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 12, 2014, 10:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 12, 2014, 10:29:
You can tell this studio has no clue what makes a good FPS.
You know they are responsible for some of the best selling MP FPS games of all times right?
I am not defending them I agree with you this doesn't look like next gen but I bet this game will sell more than any other game that "looked" better

Well not like next gen console players have much "choice" ;p (not that pc gamers have any MORE or BETTER choice) I just don't see this game as something even remotely interesting... I want a new BF2142! With 128 players. Not 6 vs 6..

News Comments > Titanfall Closed Beta Begins Friday
3. Re: Titanfall Closed Beta Begins Friday Feb 12, 2014, 10:29 eRe4s3r

That was some hilariously bad graphics and horrible gameplay... and people are HYPED about this? haha... Blurry textures, stuttery animations.. lame effect density...

Wee, next generation... at least BF3 and 4 knew how to hype you about the gameplay. You can tell this studio has no clue what makes a good FPS.

News Comments > EA: Battlefield 4 "Exceedingly Successful;" Complaints Are "Noise"
8. Re: EA: Battlefield 4 Feb 12, 2014, 10:25 eRe4s3r

Sometimes I wonder if EA isn't in the business of being antagonistic rather than game development and publishing.... How is it every interview the person from EA sounds like the king of arseholes.

Yes Rich Hilleman... another shining example from the kingdom of asshattery that is EA.

The BF4 shanghai crashes, constant server crashes affecting 100% of all servers. "Noise" "affecting 1% of our customers" .... fuck them all. They are not getting a single cent from me until the game is on a massive sale.

And while I bought BF4 and it's not a bad game, I will not buy Premium, I will not buy DLC. EA can shove it up right wherever they pull those inane people out of that do interviews.

News Comments > Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter
26. Re: Darkest Dungeon Kickstarter Feb 11, 2014, 20:15 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 18:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 13:11:
Yeah I looked at it...and that similarity is indeed a bit worrying imo... I don't really want Dungeon Keeper 2.5 ... I want a evolution of gameplay and modern graphics...

Fair enough, but it's tough for me to really know, you wanted a DK game and I pointed you at one and now it's too much like 2 for you. Hey I tried any way. I actually enjoyed Impire with is a lot like DK but still different.

Yeah I was being cryptic... I looked at War for the Overworld and I will look at it once it's out and give it a fair chance. But not because of nostalgia, if it doesn't stand on it's own as a new and intelligent game than that will be that.

And Impire... let me just say... LADDERS..ugh. Funnily, my only memory of Impire is of ladders. And I seem to recall ladders and extreme micro-management being the reason I stopped playing it.

Guess what I mean is that I want a game that measures up to, and is better than, Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2. And WoT looks.. uh.. kinda weird and not really very "evil dungeon" like. And what's an evil dungeon without evil deeds to do!

News Comments > Thief Trailer
31. Re: Thief Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 19:50 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Feb 11, 2014, 17:14:
My favourite anti-hero is actually Loghain, from Dragon Age 1. You know, the guy that decided a tactical retreat was in order, which ended in the death of King Cailen and gray warden Duncan. Phenomenal anti-hero in the prequel book to Origins.

As for Garrett? He's been showing constant signs of being "not evil". In D&D terms he'd be somewhere between Neutral and Chaotic Good, I think.

According to DnD alignment lore, hurting innocents (And this does not just entail violence) by any action is evil, breaking the laws set by the socially established power class is chaotic (betrayal is VERY chaotic). This means stealing something valuable and potentially very important for someone from some random person is actually chaotic +5 evil +5 per act.

But I think what this really shows is how inane the DND alignments really are. I don't think they represent morality very well at all. And to me Garret would just be "chaotic with questionable morals" unless he lived in a world where everyone thought stealing was super awesome and a hero's duty. (hehe)

And yeah, Riddick ... chaotic evil ;p

I know it's probably silly, but to me Loghain was not a good anti-hero, because his actions (post retreat) made no sense. He seemed to only have the goal to destabilize the nation. Riddick on the other hand, was truly evil until he started to realize that it was a evil thing to do, and then he slowly started changing. Imo what makes a good anti hero is that if given the choice, you would seriously contemplate working with him to achieve some "higher" goal. In Witcher 2 I think was the only time I ever faced such a dilemma.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2014, 19:56.

6855 Comments. 343 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo