Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6867 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Shadowrun: Dragonfall Feb 27, 2014, 12:54 eRe4s3r

I was somewhat interested, but not for 15 (20$)

The base game was very short and very shallow with barely anything to do or experience... gonna wait for reviews

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 27, 2014, 09:58 eRe4s3r

Damaging GEMA's reputation? Good joke, these fucktards can all go to hell for the damage they cause to the local indy music scene in Germany, the profiteers of these "collections" are the BIG 100 of the music bizz, the smaller ones get 20 here and there and that's it.

And even more hilarious, the GEMA is run by those BIG 100, they decide what goes on, they decide who gets how much. And the GEMA has the gall to say youtube damages it's reputation? It's true youtube misinformed people on youtube about the reason a video is blocked, if google had been smart, they should have a said "A retarded judge from Hamburg..." and everyone in Germany would have known, another fucking retarded judge from Hamburg (This is our TEXAS when it comes to lawsuits)

The GEMA should not exist, but at least in this case youtube was riding the wrong horse. If the law says you have to block videos you can't blame the party who sued you, you can only blame the law.

News Comments > Age of Wonders III Next Month
10. Re: Age of Wonders III Next Month Feb 27, 2014, 03:24 eRe4s3r

Orogogus wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 15:37:
My understanding is that GOG doesn't set pricing for new, non-CD Projekt games, and that regional shenanigans are up to the original developer in such cases.

May apply for most games, but google who the developer for AOW3 is and then look in wiki for more info on that developer

I will not buy regionally priced games on GOG. If that's how they wanna advance their customer base they can do it, but without me. Steam is there, and Steam is priced competitively to GOG right now (2% cheaper) when it comes to sales, Steam is unbeatable now.

And I am not even going to start on the fact that you can get AOW3 for 8% less than Steam asks right now if you know where to look (legally) or for 70% less if you buy from a russian steam key reseller (of which there are a few ,p)

DRM free versions of games are not worth more money.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2014, 03:33.

News Comments > Habitat Announced
4. Re: Habitat Announced Feb 27, 2014, 03:04 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 01:51:
Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 23:42:
Good concept, but doesn't look very good so far even as an alpha. The graphics are going to have to be a whole lot better.

Yeah, I'm glad they're not 8 bit at least, but 2001 (not the movie) called and wants its graphics back. I realize this is an indie game, but something like this requires solid graphics to immerse the player.

The only thing you achieved with that post is to make me want to see 2001 again... and because we live in the FUTURE, I found a stream and am now watching the movie

Dang...can you believe that movie is now 46 years old?

News Comments > Tropico 5 Beta Signups; Testing Next Month
11. Re: Tropico 5 Beta Signups; Testing Next Month Feb 27, 2014, 02:53 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 16:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 15:07:
Heh, Tropico doesn't simulate communist island dictatorship AT ALL. You are a god controlling a freighter terminal that gives you infinite money.

Anything else is just decor ;p Imo Tropico 2 3 and 4 were both shallow as hell and pretty bad compared to Tropico (the original)

A true el Presidente should be a God!

It's a fairly shallow simulation of course, but I think it is fair to say that it's a communist island dictatorship simulator. How would you make a more communist island dictatorship simulator game without making it so complex as to be unapproachable?

By making it more complex, why I am setting wages for example, you ever heard of a dictator saying how much his underlings should pay their workers? A dictator is ruling a country and it would be far more itneresting if our only choice (besides building stuff) is to give control over that building to our trusted underlings. And how they do things should be highly emergent and interrelated gameplay. This would make rebellions FAR FAR more interesting, as an illoyal underling could suddenly give your entire farm infrastructure to the rebels or supply weapons to them.

Tropico is a good city builder, but it's not a good communist dictatorship simulator In fact, nothing in Tropico is particularly communist. I'd go so far as to say that Tropico is a capitalist dictatorship at BEST, because imo it's closer to an capitalist economic system than a communist one.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 27, 2014, 02:47 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 00:21:
I'd love to see Mantle replace DirectX since MS no longer cares about gaming. And no more 'get the latest DX...when you buy our new OS!' bullshit.

I think you are confused... Direct X does hundreds of things... the D3D graphic api is just one component of dozens.

Mantle replaces D3D Hardware rendering and not anything else. Even if Mantle became a huge success (which it won't as developers would still need to code a d3d render path) you'd still need the latest Direct X for literally EVERYTHING ELSE (except graphics) Heck, just to render the option menu where you can enable mantle or not you'd have to have an fall-back D3D or OpenGL engine in place.

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans
32. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 22:22 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 19:32:
egosoft is dead in the water.. there are plenty of other, much bigger much better space sims on the way - and its very unlikely any of them will be even close to being as broken as xrebirth, let alone every x release ever at launch

say bye to these guys

its ok, x3ap with a bunch of mods is still pretty awesome for now

Sadly the true potential of X3 AP can never be achieved without an x64 executable and multi-threading support (it would really be nice if they'd release the source...) but they won't do that since modders would make a better game than Egosoft ever could. I am still convinced Egosoft had jack shit to do with AP and TC this is all community work and modders work, not Egosofts work.

6. Re: Tropico 5 Beta Signups; Testing Next Month Feb 26, 2014, 15:07 eRe4s3r

Heh, Tropico doesn't simulate communist island dictatorship AT ALL. You are a god controlling a freighter terminal that gives you infinite money.

Anything else is just decor ;p Imo Tropico 2 3 and 4 were both shallow as hell and pretty bad compared to Tropico (the original)

4. Re: Tropico 5 Beta Signups; Testing Next Month Feb 26, 2014, 14:24 eRe4s3r

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 12:34:
If you get in, give these clowns some feedback on their difficulty sliders. Every since Heamimont took over the franchise, I haven't lost an election. They also nerfed wage pressure so badly that after the first two years it becomes a hoarding money simulator.

This THIS so much THIS

Tropico 4 was so friggin easy I nearly fell asleep, once you figure out how to make money the game is only challenging if it uses scripted cheats against you.... sigh

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans
22. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 14:23 eRe4s3r

fiftykyu wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 11:24:
Curious if anyone has anyone played this lately. According to steam I haven't touched it since November...

Backlog keeps growing with each bundle or steam sale, so realistically I may not come back to X: Rebirth until it's a classic and I'm reinstalling for nostalgia's sake.

I have uninstalled it and will never return to it... even if they fix the bugs of which there are still about a few hundred the game itself is a pointless tedious exercise in patience. Not what I play games for

News Comments > Age of Wonders III Next Month
7. Re: Age of Wonders III Next Month Feb 26, 2014, 06:00 eRe4s3r

Price on GoG is 2% higher than on Steam and 39% higher than US pays. (it's actually 37% by raw $ value, but paypal fee and exchange rate make it an even worse deal than usual)

Fuck GOG, I am not paying 20 fucking percent extra just for no DRM (19% would be legit VAT that i'd be willing to pay)

And actually, GOG is now 39% more expensive than US because they still bill in $, so conversion fee still applies. Awesome. GOG is dead for me now. All this bullshit they wrote was nothing but lies. This is the worst form of regional pricing there is. This is WORSE than Steam.

You know, when they said they'd do regional pricing fair this was not what I wanted. More expensive than Steam? WOW.

Take note that I won't pre-order anything anymore anyway, but the pricing on gog is now simply insane And it's always a nice topic to talk about.. regional prices, and how GOG just betrayed one of it's core principles... I am surprised blues hasn't had a news post about this yet.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2014, 06:14.

News Comments > Minecraft Boasts 100M Registered Users
15. Re: Minecraft Boasts 100M Registered Users Feb 26, 2014, 03:38 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 03:09:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 02:19:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 00:43:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 23:57:
You don't believe kids would create logins to play the demo? That's the most reasonable guess about an unexplained number I've ever heard on this site.

I'd reckon it's in every computer lab in schools across the country derp, I mean world. Probably the "Oregon Trail" of its time.

If a school computer has Java installed the admin should be flogged. And that single rule prevents Minecraft on school computers pretty well ;p

I would be surprised if the majority of schools didn't have java on their lab machines. And even if they didn't it's trivial to install depending on the degree that the machine is locked down. Many schools use(d) machines that reset to image everyday or whenever they're turned off and on.

It may differ regionally, but where I saw how it works (granted, University) they had workstations that didn't run locally at all, you had a black-box screen mouse and keyboard and that was it. The actual PC ran virtual on a server farm with a strict "no install" rule, though you could access your "home" storage in it but you could not run unauthorized applications of any kind.

Only if you had massive clout (ie, Research teams) with the admins in IT could you get a real workstation at your location with complete freedom. And these people do certainly not play Minecraft ,p

All this reminds me how insane and retarded setting up "CUPS + Samba + Win 7 + automatic driver install" was. Because you couldn't put these printer drivers pre-configured in the images since you didn't want people to have to wade through 600 printers. I dunno if there was ever a real solution to this, but I have a special place in hell for cups developers who thought it smart that the correct way to do this was to manually add the printer on the workstation you wanted it on with no way to automate it, as you can't automate this functionality in a command line. (Talking about PCL6 drivers specifically ;P)

Sigh, I am glad I am no longer working in IT

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2014, 03:52.

News Comments > Minecraft Boasts 100M Registered Users
13. Re: Minecraft Boasts 100M Registered Users Feb 26, 2014, 02:19 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 00:43:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 23:57:
You don't believe kids would create logins to play the demo? That's the most reasonable guess about an unexplained number I've ever heard on this site.

I'd reckon it's in every computer lab in schools across the country derp, I mean world. Probably the "Oregon Trail" of its time.

If a school computer has Java installed the admin should be flogged. And that single rule prevents Minecraft on school computers pretty well ;p

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Feb 26, 2014, 01:58 eRe4s3r

mag wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 23:11:
Rattlehead wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 20:21:
The first one was freaking awful. Castlevania should always remain a 2D game. Very few games can transition to 3D without fucking it up totally.

The demo felt like another generic hack and slash, and I love Castlevania and hack and slash games, but for god's sake, there's nothing fun about this game.

Yahtzee really hit the nail on the head, last week. The Demon's Souls/Dark Souls games are what Castlevania in 3D should've been.

Or if they didn't want to go that route, they could have gone the way of Dark Siders 1/2 which was also awesome in it's own way.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 25, 2014, 11:26 eRe4s3r

I find it pretty telling no review mentions that if you actually play on the highest difficulty with all optional difficulty modes on you can't progress in the first real "mission" as you have to knock down someone from above to get down the vents or you are stuck, as you can't jump freely......

Fucking up sponsored by Square Enix... again.

(As seen in a youtube vid ,p) I am not buying this crap, no free jumping sucks

News Comments > Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending
19. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 25, 2014, 08:20 eRe4s3r

Krovven wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 03:15:
Twitter https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS

Though I can't say specifically for EU. Maybe there is a EU specific BlizzardCS Twitter.

Edit: That was easy, https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN But no maintenance listed there.

I guess it's coming with the EU maintenance which is (or usually was) near midnight and beyond.

17. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 25, 2014, 03:01 eRe4s3r

Speaking of official information... is there anywhere where they announce maintenance downtimes and dates? For EU battle.net ?

(Somehow quote is broken on this post thread now ,p)

14. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 25, 2014, 00:13 eRe4s3r

Krovven wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 00:08:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 23:39:
Ah.. and the monster power level replacement they do, does that still add magic find?

You mean Torment I thru VI? Legendaries have an increased chance to drop the higher the difficulty. They removed the text on the screen that says by how much, so it's unknown by how much.

They've really tuned the drops so Legendaries drop a lot more frequently. So MF is not that important.

That makes me very happy to hear indeed. ^^ Now if only the patch released already...

12. Re: Diablo III Expansion & Patch Testing Ending Feb 24, 2014, 23:39 eRe4s3r

Krovven wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 23:18:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 23:02:
Fion wrote on Feb 24, 2014, 19:57:
Thankfully 2.01 condenses the crafting mats. Lets mats, more stacks, very nice.

And yea, like in a WoW expansion, you'll be replacing most of your gear inside an hour lol.

Considering Itemization was broken, that is good to hear. They removed magic find entirely right?

Not entirely. It's on a few items in the expansion but not many. Cap is going to be 300% again and from what I hear it's going to be very difficult to get even close to that. Legacy gear with MF may become valuable in the expansion, will be interesting to see.

Ah.. and the monster power level replacement they do, does that still add magic find?

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Delayed to Spring
15. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Delayed to Spring Feb 24, 2014, 23:19 eRe4s3r

Considering I played the Alpha/Beta and saw the the features it had vs the features it was supposed to have, this news does not surprise me in the slightest.

What some others here said is my view as well, it feels wrong when you play it, but you can't really say what exactly it is. It is a sort of "disconnected" feeling between everything. No reactivity I guess, but it goes deeper than that. IN BG2 I never took dialog lightly, I read it all. In D:OS I have to force myself to read it.

And I just want to note, the biggest features (NPC Schedules/Day Night Cycle) are not in yet. And you'd think this would be the thing needing the most beta testing of all.....

Which is why I think you'll see this game "release" not anytime soon. At least if Larian Studios is smart. Nobody wants to be compared to X Rebirth.... ^^

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2014, 23:30.

6867 Comments. 344 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo