Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6646 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Dec 29, 2013, 13:24 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 13:19:
nin wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 12:01:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 06:42:
In regards to "The Last of Us" is there any talk of a PC release?

Considering none of naughty dogs games have had a pc release?

Yeah, not likely, but massive amounts of money left on the table for sure.

You might as well hope for the sun to explode.. chances you see that happening are nill. I watched a 100% playthrough and am happy... decent story but the gameplay looked kinda meh.

Not something I'd want to play myself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hello Games Flood Follow-up
2. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 29, 2013, 11:05 eRe4s3r

Ludomancer wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 10:39:
"Insurance" is the greatest modern racket in the history of fraudulent business.

Except in this case, stupid people living in flood plains wondering why they are getting flooded... plenty of those everywhere. And I am extremely glad when Insurance doesn't pay in these cases. People should not live in flood zones, full stop. No exceptions.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Dec 29, 2013, 00:14 eRe4s3r

Sho wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 21:24:
nin wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 19:28:
Will you be that someone? :)

I would't feed the troll, no. I do generally think it's worth speaking up at least once when someone posts stuff that's beneath the venue, though ... but like I said, it kinda felt like satire most likely. That someone past age 12 would derive their manhood from playing shooter games seems a little far-fetched.

The really scary thing is that you can never be sure it is satire... or maybe the scary thing is that for some that's exactly how they derive their manhood or womanhood (yes, gender equality swings both ways haha)

Either way, you shouldn't reply to a post like that... it makes us just curious what someone could possibly reply to that

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2013, 00:26.

News Comments > Friday Safety Dance
2. Re: Friday Safety Dance Dec 28, 2013, 11:25 eRe4s3r

The fact that they are all still employed despite this scandal is proof that they are indeed professionals...

And seriously, the secret agencies want to spy on everything. Which is why questions of "why would they want to spy on me" are so absurd. That's not how these agencies think. To them, any communication needs to be monitored. And they do it for POWER, not for preventing crimes or stopping terrorists. These services will never be stopped, as any politician trying to take them down faces "accidental leaks" of secret info.

In Germany, the Stasi only ended because the eastern bloc fell apart. But nowadays this is impossible to replicate. If the Stasi would have had access to the Internet and mass surveillance back then, the eastern bloc would not have fallen.

And this is why I am so angry at my fellow German citizens. This is not a scandal of political nature. This is the push of governments to end privacy. A child growing up now will never know what privacy even *is*. They will have no concept of it.

News Comments > On Sale
53. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 23:04 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 21:20:
Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 16:33:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 15:24:
Really? I heard that Leviathan has some pretty significant story stuff too.

Not really.

spoiler: Leviathan basically tells you that the Reapers are a broken tool that they put into place to try to prevent organics and synthetics going to war, and then it turned on them.

Which isn't all that much different from what the Catalyst tells you, but hey, it's hard to do much with a shitty story premise.

Oh, this reminds me of them great memes that popped up from everywhere after the ME3 crap.

"Reapers are built to annihilate organics and synthetics, so that organics and synthetics don't end up annihilating eachother."

That's just dumb writing.

The starchild is the very epitome of bad writing but the story premise wasn't shit. Mass Effect had a great story, until they squandered the end with some seriously bad decisions.

Imo Mass Effect 3 should have ended "dirty" ie, victory through raw firepower, extreme losses on all sides of the alliance, and a post-war situation where those who "helped" hated those who didn't. In fact, if I had been the guy in charge, I'd not have ended Mass Effect 3 with the destruction of the reapers but a few "missions" after it. (Ie, an entire Epilogue section of the game with actual gameplay, exploring the effects of the war etc.

I dunno why they did what they did. But if you ignore the ending, Mass Effect was epic. Sadly, for a true epic, it lacked the "punch" during the Epilogue. A sign that they had bad writers who never wrote a proper story, but only scripts for a movie.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 27, 2013, 21:41 eRe4s3r

KSP only 3rd... bah deserves the top spot so many times more than Starbound  

News Comments > On Sale
49. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 18:53 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 16:37:
Really? I thought the real die-hard fans didn't play anything BUT infinite mode, as most videos I've watched of guys playing it, they're all snooty about the missions and how stupid they are.

Hehe, yeah the missions are stupid.. but I meant that without the modules for islands and the arc, you can not build advanced maxed out islands. You literally gotta have certain (very high end) modules slotted in your production islands to get 2 or 3 goods per cycle of a end-product building, which is the only way you can feed 100k people ;p And the arc slots include stuff like a global boost the ranges of buildings....

But I guess you are right, DLC is actually there if you were logged in before and just offline because you logged out after the game started. But it isn't there if you use mods. In which case the game forces you into a totally dumbed down offline mode. And for that you need Annocookie

Like mod detector literally disables all your DLC :/ And I use http://www.anno2170-arrc.de/ ;p Best mod for Anno 2070 imo, but you need cookie

News Comments > Homeworld HD/CE Survey
19. Re: Homeworld HD/CE Survey Dec 27, 2013, 18:46 eRe4s3r

The survey went well.. until they didn't let me select "no" with "0$" for collectors edition... who the heck writes a survey that lets ye select "no" to a question, but then still asks questions as if you had answered "yes"?

Anyway, $9.99 on GOG for Homeworld 1 and 2 HD.. but that's about it.

News Comments > Boxing Day Interviews
14. Re: The Dec 27, 2013, 15:01 eRe4s3r

jimnms wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 03:53:
Julio wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 03:25:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 22:24:
Though I shudder to think what other service we'd be forced to used. GoG doesn't have a working update system and doesn't even have a client.

I'd be pretty happy with using GOG for all my games, so a DRM free world without Steam would be just fine if GOG was the alternative.

When you go to the GOG site and are logged in, it tells you if any of your games have updates available.

Yeah, but I am lazy, I visit GOG like once every 2 months. I totally agree with you on steams update policy by the way... but Steam is easy to use for downloading and installing stuff. GoG isn't. I have a 200gb Folder with GOG-setup exes and browsing that and making sure everythings the latest version is annoying as heck.

And that (New) tag on GOG for downloads, goes away the second you view the page. Because checking whether I actually downloaded the update is rocket science, apparently...

News Comments > On Sale
45. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2013, 14:51 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 01:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 18:37:
It's still there

uPlay launch (requires uPlay)
Always Online requirement (In-Game or you miss 90% of the games features)
TAGES
Mod Detector

With mods and some hacks (AnnoCookie) it's playable.. but it's loaded with crappy DRM

Okay, I guess it is still there then, though the 90% features missing is rather exaggerated. There are a few modes which don't work if you're offline (most annoyingly the Ark Storage), but you can play missions and free play while offline.

(advanced) Research and Arc Modules (not just storage)
Unlocking of research and buildings of factions by playing campaign missions (You can not "rank up" offline)
*None* of the DLC works offline including the expansion whether you own it or not

I think it's fair to say 90% in that case, as arc modules and island modules are a MAJOR gameplay element. And you can not complete the campaign while being offline... as you need the arc storage in one of the campaign missions. (or needed it at least, when I played it back at release) maybe there are now ways around that.

And you can't play the event maps and thus can't unlock any of the event stuff....

But yes, you can play the normal infinite mode without any fancy features, but for a true Anno fan that is 10% of the game. Without island and arc modules you are severely limited.

News Comments > On Sale
32. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 23:13 eRe4s3r

walrus1 wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 19:33:
Thoughts on the Wargame bundle for $11?

Worth it if you enjoy a good RTS And with AirLand Battle you get a really nice strategic gameplay mode for SP gaming against AI too.

I grabbed it, can't beat the whole pack for 80% off.

News Comments > Boxing Day Interviews
10. Re: The Dec 26, 2013, 22:24 eRe4s3r

I think if Steam weren't there we'd be using something other that isn't called Steam but still does all the things Steam does. In the end, the market showed it needed a digital retail service that is publisher agnostic....

Though I shudder to think what other service we'd be forced to used. GoG doesn't have a working update system and doesn't even have a client. GmG has horrid Capsule client, again no update system. Impulse is crap because... you know who owns it.... and Desura... I don't like Desura.

How insanely stupid it was from Stardock to sell Impulse is beyond words though.

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 18:37 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 17:05:
mag wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 17:04:
I really really want to play Anno 2070, but I refuse to buy games with crappy DRM. Sigh.

Thought it all got patched out, except for the uplay shit?

edit: Huh, I see Tages listed, but thought that was gone?

edit again: looks like it's still there

It's still there

uPlay launch (requires uPlay)
Always Online requirement (In-Game or you miss 90% of the games features)
TAGES
Mod Detector

With mods and some hacks (AnnoCookie) it's playable.. but it's loaded with crappy DRM

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Movie Posters Dec 26, 2013, 16:49 eRe4s3r

Same can be said about game box art. Battlefield... I can't even tell 3 and 4 apart in Origin. Mass Effect box-art too....

Although I have to admit (sorry peeps) I designed box-art before, and I did use orange and teal Complimentary colors are nice and all, but blue and yellow / teal and orange and a superb combination. I mean, even blues is using it.

News Comments > Hello Games Flooded
7. Re: Hello Games Flooded Dec 26, 2013, 11:19 eRe4s3r

Krovven wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 17:40:
This game looks pretty cool!

Begs the question what the gameplay is though. What's the point of exploring random planets?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2
35. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 22, 2013, 18:24 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 04:48:
My yeah that's what TWD needs and it would fit in the budget. Season 1 Episode 2 of TWD Telltale game's setting crawled up my spine. I just knew something was off.. And then near the end I just barely managed to prevent Clem from eating the human meat..!

Lets see where the second half of the tv season brings us. Not really excited, though. What I am excited about is Ep 2 of Clem's story!

Sadly that will be a few months....

News Comments > Defiance Trial Goes Unlimited
7. Re: Defiance Trial Goes Unlimited Dec 22, 2013, 06:23 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 23:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 20:07:
It's cheapest to do it this way, which is why you don't see it happening on big budget shows

i dont think budget has anything to do with it.. it started back with "twin peaks" and "northern exposure", which were "big budget" shows

its just a dumb premise imo

Yeah.. nothing bores me faster than a show sitting in 1 place forever.

News Comments > Defiance Trial Goes Unlimited
4. Re: Defiance Trial Goes Unlimited Dec 21, 2013, 20:07 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 16:13:
tv show is ok, not great not horrible

but im really not a fan of the "town as character" thing ala Eureka or Haven.. syfy network needs to drop that trope already

It's cheapest to do it this way, which is why you don't see it happening on big budget shows

News Comments > Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed
16. Re: Hearthstone Open Beta Delayed Dec 21, 2013, 17:08 eRe4s3r

psulli wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 11:55:
> Seriously, this game is perfectly to teach yourself patience.

That line is marketing bs. If you have to tell someone why they should suffer for a game ... the game isn't working. It isn't the person's fault.

Do you work for blizzard? Or are you paid by them?

Wha... maybe try quoting in context next time

Also yeah, telling the most vocal Blizzard basher on bluesnews that he's paid by Blizzard is a great one

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 21, 2013, 16:51 eRe4s3r

RSA - Buy your backdoor now, for only $10m

Wee

6646 Comments. 333 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo