Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7170 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Revealed
2. Re: Killing Floor 2 Revealed May 10, 2014, 03:55 eRe4s3r

We have science, very awesome, many wow, such amaze

Trailer unintentionally reminded me of a MEME ^^

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Plants vs. Zombies
11. Re: Free Plants vs. Zombies May 9, 2014, 16:05 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on May 9, 2014, 11:26:
That was an often heard complaint when Win 8 came out, that PvZ wouldn't run full screen. It's pretty hilarious that that still hasn't been fixed.

Hard to fix when the game runs at what.. 800x600 ? at least feels that way when you switch to windowed... probably more like 1024x768 but you get the idea ,p

Anyway.. free games are always nice....

News Comments > Tropico 5 Multiplayer Trailer
6. Re: Tropico 5 Multiplayer Trailer May 9, 2014, 12:31 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on May 9, 2014, 12:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 9, 2014, 12:00:
It just goes to show that there are many different gamers in the world, for me Anno 2070 + Addon is nearly mind-numbing simple (As in, there is barely any challenge unless you switch on combat or play for specific self-set goals).

The early game was simple but later on when you get into research this and that the game just kind of lost me.
Maybe I'll load it up again this weekend and give it another whirl

Ah.. yeah Research can be a bit difficult to set up. Especially 3star Academy level research is not something you'll see working in 2 or 4 hours game-time It requires massive infrastructure and proper trade-route configs....

I dunno how much time you have to spend on Anno 2070 but for me average game takes like.. 30 hours.. I like seeing stuff just "work" that I setup though I am probably a borderline insane eco-sim player, for me it needs to be absolutely complex to be in any way or form interesting or entertaining. But not a spread-sheet (ala EVE), complexity needs to come from production steps and progression. Seeing all your setup production chains work right, is a great experience imo

News Comments > Tropico 5 Multiplayer Trailer
4. Re: Tropico 5 Multiplayer Trailer May 9, 2014, 12:00 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on May 9, 2014, 11:54:
I've tried so many times but can not get into Anno2070.
I literally have to watch hours of tutorial vids on youtube to learn the game each time I want to play it, then I don't play it for a month or so and forget everything.
Maybe it's just not for me.

Tropico seems to be a bit simpler to get into with a lot of depth to explore if I want to get into the nitty gritty of economy.

By the way GMG has a 25% off coupon that works on Tropico 5 this weekend only ALFIS4-GRATZ0-025GMG

It just goes to show that there are many different gamers in the world, for me Anno 2070 + Addon is nearly mind-numbing simple (As in, there is barely any challenge unless you switch on combat or play for specific self-set goals).

Tropico 5 certainly does not seem to be my thing either... not a fan of rts combat in economic sims, could barely stand it in Anno 2070 because the ship and aviation elements were pretty complex to setup ;p Especially fuel production.

News Comments > Hearthstone Balance Change Plans
12. Re: Hearthstone Balance Change Plans May 8, 2014, 23:21 eRe4s3r

J wrote on May 8, 2014, 16:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 8, 2014, 14:03:
J wrote on May 8, 2014, 12:13:
Leeroy Jenkins says hi!

*Shadowstep*

Leeroy Jenkins says hi!

*Shadowstep*

Leeroy Jenkins says hi!

If you think Leeroy + Shadowstep is annoying, you never seen it used on the Auctioneer + 0/1/2 mana spells by rogue

There are entire decks just using 8 or so minions and the rest spells... entire balance fucked up in this game basically.. which is why ladder is worthless... and why I wait for SP content and then forget any mode aside from Area even existing.

Yes I have I've seen a rogue go through their entire deck in just a few turns, and then use combinations of damage spells, Mana Addict, and charge minions (such as Leeroy) to make short work of my health -- even when I used two Ice Barriers.

Welcome to Hearthstone. I prefer Shadow Era...

I am getting there once it's public ,) I guess I am just not pro-gaming this enough, but for me it was always just a casual distraction. And as such it was decent until 9 out of 10 enemies in ranked where playing specific crafted deck builds. Now it's a mess and really not very fun when ye come down to it. And when some of these advanced decks require 7000+ essence to craft for their strat to work... then you know it's really a pay to win game.

Oh well ;/

8. Re: Hearthstone Balance Change Plans May 8, 2014, 14:03 eRe4s3r

J wrote on May 8, 2014, 12:13:
Leeroy Jenkins says hi!

*Shadowstep*

Leeroy Jenkins says hi!

*Shadowstep*

Leeroy Jenkins says hi!

If you think Leeroy + Shadowstep is annoying, you never seen it used on the Auctioneer + 0/1/2 mana spells by rogue

There are entire decks just using 8 or so minions and the rest spells... entire balance fucked up in this game basically.. which is why ladder is worthless... and why I wait for SP content and then forget any mode aside from Area even existing.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 8, 2014, 11:33 eRe4s3r

MindStalker3 wrote on May 8, 2014, 09:33:
Breach looks kinda interesting, but I can't shake the feeling that this is a last ditch effort to save their failing game.

"Ok, we've got this large team assembled, we've already invested a ton in art. Lets spend a bunch of time making a video to collect $35,000 which will pay for a month maybe 2 of development for the 6 of us.

Not to mention that it's clearly a pay to win title...

4. Re: Hearthstone Balance Change Plans May 8, 2014, 10:20 eRe4s3r

Asmodai wrote on May 8, 2014, 10:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 8, 2014, 09:56:
The hunter wild-animal synergies in general are imbalanced, it's not just unleash the hounds.

No other deck has that many synergies that you can combine with on-death +stat minions and mana cost of 3 makes 0 fucking difference! So it's played 1 turn later, whoopy fucking do. That actually means it has even worse impact.

Arena mode is the only way to play this game, but sadly you can get really fucked over by the random draw there too ;p

Yeah, I've been trying to make a go of rogue decks and even though I have a decent number of cards to run some serious damage, ultimately if you're a rogue or mage, over rank 20 need not apply.

And I'm not enamoured of grinding quests just to get a shit draw in arena and have nothing to show for it... =\

Dunno, the game balance seems off for more than just hunters atm...

Yeah that's pretty much my view too. Originally I really liked this game as a casual distraction, but the more you dig the more you understand that it has some really flawed systems in place. Cards that allow you draw more cards should be super expensive, and especially the buzzard + UTH + Leeroy combo should not result in 6+ drawn cards.

Buzzard should be PER card played, not PER summon. That alone would fix a lot of the issues. Also Leeroy needs to be changed, basically any elite that summons stuff, should never ever summon wild-animals or stack with on-summon-buff creatures.

I had a series of aggravating losses against Hunters and Rogues. Rogues especially also have an insane card draw ability... and they can also stack it with buzzard and elites.

News Comments > Don't Starve Multiplayer Expansion This Summer
4. Re: Don't Starve Multiplayer Expansion This Summer May 8, 2014, 10:09 eRe4s3r

So I'm the only one who didn't like the game?  

1. Re: Hearthstone Balance Change Plans May 8, 2014, 09:56 eRe4s3r

The hunter wild-animal synergies in general are imbalanced, it's not just unleash the hounds.

No other deck has that many synergies that you can combine with on-death +stat minions and mana cost of 3 makes 0 fucking difference! So it's played 1 turn later, whoopy fucking do. That actually means it has even worse impact.

Arena mode is the only way to play this game, but sadly you can get really fucked over by the random draw there too ;p

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale May 8, 2014, 08:43 eRe4s3r

Whiskers wrote on May 8, 2014, 07:25:
Lazarus, Saga, Revival, and Invincible are some of my favorite comics these days. Definitely worth giving a try

I would give it a try, but how the heavens would I read cbz comics on my tablet without getting eye-cramps, or are these comics not A4 sized? Are they properly adapted to say, tablets and kindle and what not?

Because from my experience, CBZ does not have any dynamic elements, so you are stuck with whatever the formating is the comic has. And this means you end up with tiny pictures and even smaller text where you have to constantly zoom in and out...

Digital comics just doesn't do it for me. At least so far...

News Comments > The 7th Guest 3 Crowdfunding
4. Re: The 7th Guest 3 Crowdfunding May 8, 2014, 08:31 eRe4s3r

DrEvil wrote on May 7, 2014, 23:48:
Cutter wrote on May 7, 2014, 23:37:
Who is this new crowdfunding site? Another scam like Indiegogo?

Indiegogo itself isn't a scam, but there may be scams on Indiegogo. Personally, I've never funded anything on Indiegogo, so can't say for sure.

Regardless, "crowdtilt" is the company behind the website here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdtilt

Apparently born out of some people involved with one of the big-name Venture Capitalist firms in California.

All I get from that site (not the wiki link) is
Error: Connection to server lost. (Haven't seen such an error in years)

Amazon cloud hosting too geeky for them?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure May 8, 2014, 05:10 eRe4s3r

Yay... 6 hour download.. FASTER  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 8, 2014, 00:34 eRe4s3r

Fleche wrote on May 7, 2014, 22:14:
DRONED DRONES DRONES

I am so sick of drones in the media. Can we please call them what they really are? Remote controlled toys, helicopters, hovercraft, aircraft.

Was my Estes rocket with the 110 film in it a drone?

Indeed, anything REMOTE CONTROLLED is NOT A DRONE. They are called UAV's

Drones are UAV's that are not remote controlled but rather AI controlled (whatever you define as such). UAV's are aircraft that are remote controlled by humans. Aircraft are local-controlled by humans

It's so simple. And media gets it constantly wrong. (Not just media)

News Comments > Risen 3: Titan Lords in August
3. Re: Risen 3: Titan Lords in August May 8, 2014, 00:15 eRe4s3r

Wow, most pointless and boring CGI trailer of the year award? And it's only just May....  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup May 7, 2014, 23:11 eRe4s3r

Ceribaen wrote on May 7, 2014, 16:18:
Either it takes 600k to do what they wanted or it doesn't. Lowering the budget and increasing the scope doesn't fix that. About the only thing it sounds like they think should have done is promise the moon, rather than pitch a realistic project.

Which is exactly what you should do with KS, if it ain't inspiring hope then it's failing. Nobody BUYS games on KS because they are so amaze and such wow (couldn't resist)... I am pledging (if at all) because in my mind I see the vision they have and I want to play this.

I do not want to play Outcast 2.0 if you can't do anything original, don't do anything at all!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 7, 2014, 13:35 eRe4s3r

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 7, 2014, 11:36:
HorrorScope wrote on May 7, 2014, 10:57:
Yeah nice fuckin pic. I'd say "not that one, lets take another".
Maybe he did, and that's really the best pic they could get of him. What I'm trying to say is the dude looks weird, and has crazy eyes, kinda like Michele Bachmann.

These posts made me look at pic, not disappointed I did Sometimes what's outside perfectly mirrors what's inside... ;p

News Comments > New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year
4. Re: New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year May 7, 2014, 13:26 eRe4s3r

Blue wrote on May 7, 2014, 13:18:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 7, 2014, 13:03:
What is.. a premium PC Game? Sounds like free to play pay to win... surely not what they meant with that.. or maybe it is?

I just read that as another way of saying "AAA," but I guess this remains to be seen.

One would think such PR releases send to you would be a bit more conscious as to what they write though I mean, surely I am not the only one who notices that word and has.. ehm, negative connotations assigned to it nowadays.

News Comments > New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year
1. Re: New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year May 7, 2014, 13:03 eRe4s3r

What is.. a premium PC Game? Sounds like free to play pay to win... surely not what they meant with that.. or maybe it is?  

News Comments > Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible
21. Re: Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible May 7, 2014, 13:00 eRe4s3r

Timmeh wrote on May 7, 2014, 12:52:
He is apologizing to the community for having to leave because he needs to make a living.

And why isn't it selling anymore? Because the last update was 8 months ago... so the past 8 months that dev did.. what exactly to earn a living?

7170 Comments. 359 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo