Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8712 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week
48. Re: Pillars of Eternity Support; Patch Next Week Mar 29, 2015, 09:43 eRe4s3r

That coupled with several main quest dead-ends if you follow quests out of order and the absurd (and increasing!) load/save times I stopped playing for now...

All this game did to me so far was making me want to replay BG2 and IWD1/IWD2 with mods.... sigh. The Unity engine really does not look good in this game either.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
4. Re: Saturday Interviews Mar 28, 2015, 19:40 eRe4s3r

Gaming media corrupt? But the SJW's are telling us we are all imagining it.. ;p  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
112. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 28, 2015, 09:06 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 28, 2015, 05:40:
Question: There are NPCs with yellow names, and you can reach out to their souls to read their history. I'm pretty impatient when it comes to WALLS OF TEXT and that's all I'm getting from reaching out. What's the point? It is all too much of personal nature to be good to read if you're interested in the lore, and it doesn't have anything to do with the main story. Will this change? :P

Those are Kickstarter backers of a certain tier who got their own character and a short story attached to them. They are 100% optional Something the game should probably indeed mention

91. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 17:21 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 16:52:
You all know it's not really 2D for starters yeah? Look at the loading screens, they betray it. It's all 3d rendered 2d or however you call it in jargon terms.

Yeah, like BG1, BG2, IWD1, IWD2, Torment, Temple of Elemental Evil...

What are you even trying to say here? IE games are not 2D, they are tile-based 2.5D which is the point when when making an IE style game

Only thing I currently have to complain is the absolutely abysmal loading times on an SSD and no proper pre-caching of areas. This game pushes unity engine clearly into some areas where that engine has major issues.

89. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 27, 2015, 17:10 eRe4s3r

Vall Forran wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 14:47:
Yeah, my party layout is not ideal at the moment.

I need to get my wizard some root or slow spells. By the time he casts an offensive spell, the enemies are already on me and my party takes all kinds of friendly fire.

I should check and see if my rogue and fighter can use bows or crossbows. I'm not sure how the weapon abilities/penalties work...or if they even exist. I have just been using the default weapons.

Get a cleric Protection from negative status effects is absolutely vital and Wizard gets "removal of positive status effects" and once you have both, combo potential

I really REALLY like that I can drop armor on my mage and make him at least kinda survive a beating. Party of 6 all the way, there are some really really hard fights though in act 2

++ spoiler ++
So yeah, on that undead swarming Hill there is a catacomb with what I call a "confused desire wraith" and oh my god.. I am extremely* well equipped imo for level 6 did the endless path and cleaned down to level 4 but this 1 wraith completely pwned 5 of my party and only my absolutely spell immune tank of doom survived until the end.. lesson here, cast protection from negative status ailments before anything else, or you might find yourself paralized for a good 20 seconds! Don't wante cleric spells

For my next playthrough I am definitely gonna play evil Druid...

Also, easter egg "You have to assemble your party to continue" Just happened once so far.

30. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 16:05 eRe4s3r

Playing at max difficulty + Expert Mode So far hard but not impossible Guess If I am going to do it I am going to do it proper..

--

Got first 2 companions and went back kicking some bears and wolves around Level 3 so far, combat seems quite different from DnD, bigger armor delays your attacks.. so that's a huge trade-off to keep in mind.. 60% vs 30% means a lot less attacks if you go with armor....

Shields reduce accuracy so there is some interesting synergy going on here ;)

-- Gameplay (not story) spoiler

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 26, 2015, 10:25 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 08:58:
What about classic, are there still a lot of those servers? The only mode that I liked.

I see no active classic servers but I have very picky filter settings ;/

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 26, 2015, 08:38 eRe4s3r

Btw.. you wanna play BF4 for a few minutes.. you start BLog.. pick a server.. and then..

"Origin is updating, please wait"

When it's done you get the nice message

"server is full"

Yay! Because when I want to play the fucking game apparently what I really wanted was update Origin! (to be fair, only took 2 minutes. but server is full and was the only hardcore server with people)

Grml!

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Follow-up
1. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Follow-up Mar 26, 2015, 08:32 eRe4s3r

Hardline PC player numbers are already below BF4 numbers.. haha  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Etherium
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Etherium Mar 26, 2015, 08:09 eRe4s3r

JaguarUSF wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 05:57:
Here's my video review, in which I focus on single player.

seems to run really sluggish for some reason.... caused by recording or is that in the normal game also?

News Comments > Evening Previews
8. Re: Evening Previews Mar 26, 2015, 07:43 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Mar 26, 2015, 03:53:
Am I the only one who is a little bit worried that by removing all the negative possibilites in character building the game's characters are all going to be well.....bland?? Character building is a lot of fun in these types of games, but if every character can do everything whats the point??

I dunno, I think it should be possible to roll crappy barbarians, knights or whatever and still have fun with the game, but why do they have to excell at something at all? Isnt that like the definition of handholding?? Don't like how this smells one bit. Hope Im wrong.

Ask again tomorrow and I'll have an opinion about that But do you play RPG's for character building, or for story, combat, exploration, loot and.. dialog? Either way, I have no expectations aside from IE style game. And how they approach that, whether I like that or not, I will see in 5 hours

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Mar 26, 2015, 00:04 eRe4s3r

11 hours to go...  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
56. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 23:59 eRe4s3r

Tumbler wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 13:38:
Man you're stupid if you believe this, MMO's/F2P are online drm'd games. They are taking those big wins (see diablo 3) and further invading. Same goes for steam.

DRM has been invasive for a long time now, almost all AAA games come with steam drm.

...confirmed, someone is stupid. Hardware DRM schemes haven't been common for a while, it's a surprise that origin has these limits in place. I wonder why it took this long for someone to notice. I doubt it's only for this game.

I suppose steam does technically do this but their response isn't to lock you out, they just sent an email to your account to verify you are the account owner.

Uh.. Hardware DRM schemes are the default.. nearly every application for professional use abuses that + online DRM. Most big publisher games have it, latest one is Total War Atilla which uses hardware keyed DRM that is part of Steam's CEG.

Atilla, Hardline, Lords of the Fallen, Fifa 2015, Dragon Age: Inquisition all use hardware keyed DRM. Which I guess does prevent piracy to some extend: Though Atilla, Fifa and DA:I are supposedly cracked.

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow
5. Re: Sword Coast Legends Livestream Tomorrow Mar 25, 2015, 23:10 eRe4s3r

Spoilers?

How about showing us the ending so we can like.. not bother playing the game?

I can get wanting to show stuff, but why the heck is it story stuff?

5. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 09:33 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 09:31:
This seems bizarre, why would they bother with any DRM when its all hooked into Origin and BL?

So that nobody pirates their precious SP campaign?

1. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 09:27 eRe4s3r

well it's not like I wanted to buy this, but is anyone surprised? DA:I and Fifa 2015 as well as Lords of the Fallen have all the same problem and restrictions.  

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Mar 25, 2015, 09:13 eRe4s3r

I didn't have my coffee when I wrote that, so I blame that.. but I don't want a "white fantasy" I want fantasy that disconnects itself enough from reality to not remind me constantly of reality and issues in reality.

Any the author wants the opposite, he/she/it (doesn't matter) wants to fuse fantsy with reality, forgetting that this means that the fantasy is no longer disconnected from reality. And thus, no longer fantasy.

A circular argument, sure, but I am strongly against anyone that wants to destroy a segment of writing and thematic genres just because it doesn't meet their own personal ideology. There is no personal bias (imo) when I say that I want fantasy to be disconnected from reality.

And contemporary race/sexism topics DEFINITELY belong in realistic games, and there I would applaud that, but in Dragon Age: Inquisition?

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Mar 25, 2015, 00:25 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 13:10:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 12:58:
That said, this article seemed pretty tame to me; wanting more people of color in a future game is hardly going to destroy a fictional universe. In my opinion.

It doesn't even come across as political correctness, more of a request for characters a wider audience can feel more involved with.

Or not even just more people of color, but also better, non-stereotypical representations.

I don't want that in my fantasy worlds.

Why do people expect fantasy to obey their bizarre personal ideologies and political correctness anyway? Fantasy is the OPPOSITE of reality. If fantasy duplicates reality it isn't fantasy anymore!

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Mar 24, 2015, 11:18 eRe4s3r

This is the absolutely most retarded link and opinion piece I ever ever saw linked here.

No, all Anti GG and Pro GG links? they were children entertainment to this absolute enormous retardation we are subjected to in that piece.

If we'd follow this argumentation to it's conclusion it would not just mean the end to art but the end of any kind of free individual expression of fantasy.

#IDontNeedForcedDiversityInGames
#FuckPoliticalCorrectness

(Yes, I know those hashtags are too long, and I don't even use Twitter, so whatever) ^^

Ps.: Historical accuracy in a fantasy game... If that were possible my eyes would roll out of my skull around the entire earth and back to me.

PPs.: And that would still not do the absurdity of that ""logical"" "leap" any justice.

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2015, 11:29.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 24, 2015, 08:46 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 20:00:
So then they'll come back with some new BS campaign about how they've decided to focus on SP. It will of course be bull because these guys are dreaming of SC type money they can only get by making it P2W like CR is doing.

And the final game will be always online with barely any gameplay left... no I am not bitter.. really.. *cough* Elite Dangerous *cough* a travesty to the old original elite game.

8712 Comments. 436 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo