Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6278 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Godus Early Access
12. Re: Godus Early Access Sep 16, 2013, 05:51 eRe4s3r

Innovation does not automatically mean good though.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 16, 2013, 03:10 eRe4s3r

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 20:16:
Total War: Rome II has to be the biggest disappointment of the year by a large margin.

Indeed.... let's hope X: Rebirth, the only OTHER game I am really waiting for this year doesn't suck. Otherwise I am left with only indy games ~.~

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Beta Patch
5. Re: Total War: ROME II Beta Patch Sep 16, 2013, 03:09 eRe4s3r

Fixed campaign AI.. sadly that means more battles with a brain dead moshpit dance session as default.

Even if the AI works, there are other things (Faction member system ,political system) that need some SERIOUS work.

News Comments > Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter
25. Re: Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter Sep 15, 2013, 16:12 eRe4s3r

gilly775 wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 14:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 04:27:
RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 16:23:
Another 4X game?

Endless Space, StarDrive, and Distant Worlds: Shadows released recently, and Horizon, Star Lords, Endless Legends are in development.

I love 4X games and having a lot of choices is fine with me, but I just don't know if there is enough demand for 4X to support that many titles. Backing one on Kickstarter would be out of the question for me.

Kickstarter is a great tool for bringing games to the market that don't currently exist and big publishers don't want to make, like Star Citizen, but not for another 4X game. That would be like Kickstarting a Call of Duty title.

None of the games you listed are *good* 4x games, (turn based) 4x games at all (Distant Worlds), or; out yet to judge them properly.

And when I look at the 4x space genre I get cringes and contortions. Make Total War Space based on (Legend of galactic Heroes) (with a working AI for a change). And that would be a great 4x game.

I just want to put that here... listen to this to understand why 4x genre is nearly dead. Despite dozens of offerings

https://www.idlethumbs.net/3ma/episodes/lost-in-space

20 Years of development, and all people do to this day are bad and uninspired MOO clones

I am just totally disillusioned with this genre by now.

I hate to tell you this but Distant Worlds is a 4X game. If it weren't, it wouldn't be labeled so on the publisher's page.

I know what you are trying to say here because of its pausible, real-time gameplay, but it meets everything in the "4X" definition.

Nah, I know Distant Worlds is a 4x game. I meant it's not turn based ;p I have something against real time 4x games... they don't scale well. The mechanics also never work so well, and I HATE waiting in games without a good reason. When I end turn the reason is logical = AI calculations, but waiting 4 minutes for my fleets to get somewhere in Distant Worlds or 30 minutes to see them being built ain't very inspiring or entertaining.

6. Re: Godus Early Access Sep 15, 2013, 15:55 eRe4s3r

Axis wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 11:17:
Couldn't disagree more eR, game is shaping up to be damn fine for only 40% completion.

There's issues that need ironed out, the land building feels off sometimes (till you get used to the double clicking), the clickfest of follower bubbles gets annoying, etc. they need a sandbox mode as well so we can test the bigger stuff sooner.

But the basic premise is certainly the type of games Pete M fans expect.

Is the game and the way it looks and feels really what you expected it to look and play like though? Maybe I just had the wrong expectations... Populous 2 looked and felt far superior.

Anyhow, my statement didn't imply that the final is going to look like this, just that the offering you get here in the Early Access deal isn't up to par and is essentially unplayable (for now) unless you are masochistic. ^^

1. Re: Godus Early Access Sep 15, 2013, 10:07 eRe4s3r

Avoid like the plague unless you want carpal tunnel syndrome... terrible pad based gameplay. Click click and more click. No gameplay, idiot game design, and horrible graphics. Another fail by Molyneux  

21. Re: Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter Sep 15, 2013, 04:27 eRe4s3r

RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 16:23:
Another 4X game?

Endless Space, StarDrive, and Distant Worlds: Shadows released recently, and Horizon, Star Lords, Endless Legends are in development.

I love 4X games and having a lot of choices is fine with me, but I just don't know if there is enough demand for 4X to support that many titles. Backing one on Kickstarter would be out of the question for me.

Kickstarter is a great tool for bringing games to the market that don't currently exist and big publishers don't want to make, like Star Citizen, but not for another 4X game. That would be like Kickstarting a Call of Duty title.

None of the games you listed are *good* 4x games, (turn based) 4x games at all (Distant Worlds), or; out yet to judge them properly.

And when I look at the 4x space genre I get cringes and contortions. Make Total War Space based on (Legend of galactic Heroes) (with a working AI for a change). And that would be a great 4x game.

I just want to put that here... listen to this to understand why 4x genre is nearly dead. Despite dozens of offerings

https://www.idlethumbs.net/3ma/episodes/lost-in-space

20 Years of development, and all people do to this day are bad and uninspired MOO clones

I am just totally disillusioned with this genre by now.

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2013, 04:53.

20. Re: Timothy Zahn's Parallax Kickstarter Sep 15, 2013, 04:21 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 14:35:
I LOVE Timothy Zahn, but his involvement alone isn't enough to get me to cough up money for a dev I've never heard of who lists cell phones and tablets first in their list of supported devices.

This is one of these things..... PC first, or no funding from me. Also 500k for a RETRO 4x game? This better be the best damn 2D 4x game ever made at that price level. And sorry, but a good story writer does not make a good 4x game developer.... so many things need improvement in this stale genre. And you need someone who played ALL 4x games to even know what things that are

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Patch Next Week
5. Re: Natural Selection 2 Patch Next Week Sep 14, 2013, 15:33 eRe4s3r

What scares me is that this game had apparently 256 development iterations, and NOW they fix Input lag? wee ;p You'd think that is like, the thing you make sure works FIRST in a MP FPS.... that's what got me the most. I really wanted to like NS2 but never really got time to try it out before, and when I do, the game feels like... well you described it perfectly. I don't have a super high end PC but still... Input Lag.... in 2013  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation</p> <ul> <li> <a href= Sep 14, 2013, 15:30 eRe4s3r

Fantaz wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 14:11:

Glorious PC Master Race!

The PC Master Race is just fine considering INDY and Crowd Funding, albeit less glorious, it's retarded AAA developers that are the problem. Or maybe it's money that is the problem (I never understood why developers make games exclusive, why would a dev willingly piss off a part of the market for a few worthless wads of cash?). Or is that a Publisher decision?

Or do they think people don't care?

Anyhow, there are lots of good PC games coming so I don't mind much, but I still do not like it ;p Even if a PC version comes at some point, not gonna pay full price for the scraps.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 14, 2013, 13:20 eRe4s3r

Yeah, or that. Quite surprising they only notice this now. This is all months old news... corporate machinery turning very slowly huh.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation</p> <ul> <li> <a href= Sep 14, 2013, 12:49 eRe4s3r

So where is the PC version? Rockstar showing what it thinks of PC Gamers again But that door revolves 2 ways.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 14, 2013, 11:07 eRe4s3r

It will only be a matter of time until Paypal institutes charge back rules that are even harsher than they are now. And we have to thank these idiots that do donations via paypal and then charge them back by their credit card....

Imo, Paypal should lifetime ban the cards used in a (unreasonable) charge back... but it would not stop the first one..

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Patch Next Week
1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Patch Next Week Sep 14, 2013, 10:53 eRe4s3r

But how will they fix the terrible first impression from the free weekend where they pushed out an essentially broken game? Another free weekend? In how many years? ;p  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta October 1st (or 4th)
3. Re: Battlefield 4 Open Beta October 1st (or 4th) Sep 14, 2013, 09:12 eRe4s3r

I have it pre-ordered But not on Origin and not for full price.. hah  

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Sep 13, 2013, 14:35 eRe4s3r

Star-Trek is now nothing but Twilight in Space. I guess this is what growing old feels like. They are ruining the once great franchise of my childhood with this pew pew dreck.

And the story in Into Darkness was abysmal. So many absurd plotholes and .. so absolutely butchering the Khan arc... bleh

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Sep 13, 2013, 14:33 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 11:27:
ldonyo wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 11:15:
Darks wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 10:40:
Thanks for posting the news about Eye of the Beholder II Blues!

Thanks from me, too! The module is actually for NWN 1 (even though it is on the NWN2 Vault) with both expansions or the Diamond version, which is available on GoG.com.

Actually, the NWVault is a combination of both games. Itís a hosting site that originally started out as NWN 1 Then migrated up to NWN 2. So itís not just an exclusive NWN 2 site for mods.

We should just call it NWVault then, less foncusing

And by the way, NWN1 is still superior to NWN2.. what an god awful engine that had. I take pathing issues and wonky AI companions over NWN2's weirdly sterile graphics any day. For me, NWN2 failed as soon as the character creation begun, god were those faces ugly.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2013, 14:47.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Berlin Diary
3. Re: Shadowrun Returns Berlin Diary Sep 13, 2013, 11:41 eRe4s3r

I hope they will fix the visible dialog choices when you don't have the skill for that choice. Because seeing those completely spoils the experience of a 2nd playthrough! Not to mention that most skills are completely useless.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter Sep 13, 2013, 08:40 eRe4s3r

Dev wrote on Sep 13, 2013, 08:36:
Do we have a shortage of collectible card games? LOL
I'll pass, CCGs (in real life or digital) suck up way too much money to play them and be good.

To be fair it's not a collectible card game, it's a sort of loot/dungeon crawler with rpg elements and 3 party members. You find items and these items have "cards" attached to them that are basically abilities that you can play in a fight. But they are drawn randomly. So you have random ability cards based on the items you have.

It's not bad. But it's heavily luck based.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Card Hunter Sep 13, 2013, 07:36 eRe4s3r

Played until level 5 or so ... but battles got extremely unfair. Neat game but terrible balance ~.~  

6278 Comments. 314 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo