Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8569 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 3, 2015, 08:27 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 05:53:
Clearly nothing could be abused or wrong from everyone's DNA being available. I'm seeing a "clone, indoctrinate and replace" program on it's way...

Don't be absurd, it's obviously to develop a DNA targeted nano-virus

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 3, 2015, 06:41 eRe4s3r

When robots work in all factories in china then that's gonna make the 200 million factory workers very unhappy. Imo the fastest way to a collapse of society in China if suddenly 200 million people had no job and no money.  

News Comments > Bombshell Details & Trailer
20. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Mar 3, 2015, 06:31 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:44:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:40:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:35:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 04:30:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 01:00:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 23:47:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:33:
i fully expect this to get torn apart, game looks visually terrible......

i think it looks kewl! definitely not a game for everyone tho.

i was just thinking how blasted d3 got for visuals......being it a d3 clone and all....

What? How is this a Diablo clone? Bombshell is a twin-stick shooter. Diablo is an ARPG. The only similarity is the camera angle and the fact that you're killing stuff.

Official word on the game is that it's an ARPG with skills and upgrades. http://www.bombshell.com/

From the site's description:

Brilliantly brutal isometric shooting layered with classic role-playing mechanics, including experience points, upgrades, side quests, and non-linear levels. All with a twist of first-person shooter mechanics.

Sounds more like a twin-stick shooter with RPG elements. Gameplay footage reinforces that.

Agreed, but they specifically say that it's an action RPG :p

Maybe they don't know what an ARPG actually is?

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2015, 06:04 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 02:45:
GOG could probably learn a thing from Valve about how to handle sales. This artificial scarcity thing doesn't really work because games either "sell out" too quickly (for good games) or too slowly (for bad games). As a consumer, I really don't want to check the GOG page every 30 seconds. It's much better to offer new time-limited deals at set intervals.

Ever since GOG forced me to buy in my total sale volume on GOG was zero :/

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced
27. Re: Into the Black Mar 3, 2015, 03:33 eRe4s3r

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:24:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:11:
in Canada game prices went up to $74.99 now, so it would be $150 + 13% tax here for everything.
highway robbery!

The SP campaign is about a group of robbers trying to steal enough money to be able purchase the game they're starring in.

The END Boss is an EA exec that if you fail to beat on the first try with only a knife and pistol with 1 shot deletes your entire OS, encrypts your HDD and kills your dog

News Comments > RPG Character Transfer System
4. Re: RPG Character Transfer System Mar 3, 2015, 00:09 eRe4s3r

We'll see how this works in practice I wouldn't mind if I could have some basic archetype defined , ie stats only, and just select that at the start.

But then you have to ask yourself why the heck are they not giving you these archetypes as choice at the start of the game...

So somehow this makes no sense to me. I wouldn't even know what to use it for.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
40. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 23:55 eRe4s3r

Whenever I hear Unreal Engine 4 I think "locked FOV, no modding"

;/

News Comments > Bombshell Details & Trailer
8. Re: Bombshell Details & Trailer Mar 2, 2015, 22:09 eRe4s3r

Iso action rpg.. well considering the choices currently in that genre are countable on 1 hand.... let's see

Ps. That revolver makes my brain hurt.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Mar 2, 2015, 22:06 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 21:35:
Everyone likes Biehn but no. Make a clean break already. If he does this then I've lost interest already.

It won't be a clean break.. it continues and ends Ripleys story arc. This entire franchise is still reeling in from the catastrophic mistake made in Aliens 3, where they wiped out the entire cast quite literally and from the shite that was Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Bishop, Hicks, Newt and Ripley and even the alien queen all dead.....

Working title: Aliens Correction

You know, to correct all these mistakes made in the past ^^

News Comments > Skyrim Mod Size Limit to End
4. Re: Skyrim Mod Size Limit to End Mar 2, 2015, 20:29 eRe4s3r

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 19:37:
Interesting.

I wonder if this is something they developed for FO4 and decided to test it out on Skyrim..

Steam workshop? Quaint.. I only use the Nexus

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
4. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 10:21 eRe4s3r

Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 10:18:
Why would they deviate from their own in-house tech they've spent years and millions of dollars developing?

Let's just hope they won't use IDTech5

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 2, 2015, 10:19 eRe4s3r

I am so sad that Nimoy is dead. I can't actually believe it yet... he was around for all my life and now he's gone. ;/

#

Mark Kern story is quite a read.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced
4. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 2, 2015, 10:15 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 10:09:
Due to popular demand

So popular they announce pay to win features even before release

*Masks New player masks with unique gameplay benefits tied to the theme of each mask.

Also is it just me, or is it absolutely fucking hilarious they have 4 expansions already planned BEFORE THE GAME EVEN RELEASED?

Anyway.... not buying this Last Battlefield for me was BF4, last premium I ever bought was for BF3... I am getting sick of all these bullshit features. Of community splits by this stupid piece meal expansion nonsense. etc.

News Comments > Op Ed
117. Re: Op Ed Mar 2, 2015, 08:51 eRe4s3r

beremot wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 00:28:
It's despicable.

But as despicable as I think their attitude is, as repellant as I find their beliefs, I DON'T THINK THEY SHOULD LOSE THEIR JOBS OVER THEM.

And that's the difference between them and me.

And that's why you should be on one side of this divide, and not the other.

Yes, your side... such a good side that is...

Mark Kern, calls for the shit-storm to end and press to stop being assholes by pushing agenda driven hate speech instead of balanced viewpoints, press responds (Kuchera especially) like true assholes

Mark Kern who, what

What he asked and did

His petition

And how did the SJW media respond?

https://storify.com/x_glitch/ben-kuchera-on-the-topic-of-mark-kern-s-petition

Polygons Kuchera being the greatest arse of them all

These are the kind of people on your "side"

To make it clear, pseudo game journalist Ben Kuchera blocks the LEAD GAME DESIGNER OF DIABLO 2 and WOW on Twitter. VG247 refuses to let him respond to their slander piece (funny, tagged as opinion, yet no counter opinion posts are allowed)

So I am sorry, but your side sucks.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 1, 2015, 21:25 eRe4s3r

Krovven wrote:
I haven't even loaded Classic...does it have the same as the Remastered does?

Classic is classic so.. original voices

You must have done something weird if you had no scripting problems so far ,) But they'll hug you in mission 14

And yeah, HW1 is famous for them. Gearbox didn't fix them. A truly faithful "remaster" in that regard. All salvage exploits are also still kinda working.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2015, 03:03.

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
30. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 1, 2015, 21:09 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 17:31:
Gattis also claimed that the Vive is "really light, you can wear it for a long time without feeling weighed down," something that can't be said of the Oculus Rift or Project Morpheus.

I wonder how it can be lighter with two screens than with one...

Curved screen ? With curved screen you can save a ton on the heavy lens assembly. Maybe different manufacturing, smaller chips, better / less chassis material?

We'll see how good it is and how it compares ,) With Steam behind together with HTC, it's clear that this will be on-par or better than the Rift.. the question is whether any of them are actually usable and fun.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 1, 2015, 20:44 eRe4s3r

Krovven wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 20:23:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 17:33:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 15:46:
Wow, HWRC leads the pack? I find that somewhat hard to believe, although I loved the originals and the Remastered versions are very good indeed.

Nice to see Hotline Miami 2 on there also, although people should be buying it off GoG.

I'm embarrassed to say I preordered HWRC, something I haven't done in literally ten years. Embarassed

But I'm loving it, so money well-spent!

It's great,but there are a lot of little bugs

No, there are actually huge bugs. Some that were not even part of HW1 (But HW1 had some pretty epic bugs)

You can still stall the entire game if you salvage corvette the 3 attacking assault frigates or have all 6 cryo things survive. In the first mission.

If you use salvage corvettes to capture the 2nd carrier you face you have no build menu on it

In the ship graveyard, if you rush to destroy the hyperspace gates before the hound carries your ship through, you can get your ship eternally stuck (in that mission) (This also breaks mission 14)

if you have a construction going when you have 100 credits, that costs 100 credits, and you hyperspace before it finishes, it aborts, and you end up with 99 credits. Explain to me how that even makes sense ,)

Junkyard dog is not immortal but if you get it stuck, you never get your ship back and you can no longer attack it also ships it steals are not "powered down" but actually attack you.

The remake is very nice though. Some good art updates. The GUI though... looks really really ugly.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 1, 2015, 02:16 eRe4s3r

Epic... but not the EPIC you think

Reason number 621632 why acronyms without context are bad.

News Comments > how do you Do It?
20. Re: how do you Do It? Mar 1, 2015, 01:49 eRe4s3r

killer_roach wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 23:50:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 23:04:
Or worse, one of our congressmen who think you can swallow a pill to get a vaginal exam. The stupid, it hurts.

Or worse, someone who confuses a state representative with a Congressman.

...the stupid, it hurts indeed.

Not everyone knows nor has to know the intricacies of US political naming conventions and positions but if you don't know where you pee from then that is quite another matter.

News Comments > Op Ed
90. Re: Op Ed Feb 28, 2015, 20:47 eRe4s3r

Eirikrautha wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 10:52:
You know, it's pretty simple. Sarkeesian is directing her argument to the wrong entity. She's attacking video game producers when her real complaint is with nature and reality.

See, Sarkessian is on record as saying that all differences between men and women are the product of societal conditioning. Not "some." Not "most." All. This is the kind of delusion that engenders the vociferous and angry invective that she and her supporters are known for. It's why you have bogus terms like "the patriarchy" and "misogynists" as a staple of her argument. Because, in the end, she's fighting reality... and it angers her.

Let me be perfectly clear in what I mean. Men and women are not the same. There are over 528 biological differences between them, differences that evolved over millennia, to better suit men and women for the primitive roles they played before civilization. Go back 5000 years and look at gender roles. You will find that they weren't "invented" to keep women down; they were based on the very real living conditions of the time. With a life-expectancy of 30 years and a 50% child-mortality rate, human life was tough. There were no social safety nets for the elderly, meaning that those people lucky enough to make it to old age would be dependent on their children for their support. That means most women would have had to stay pregnant constantly, simply to produce enough children that the half that survived could support them. Men evolved better spacial awareness and more muscular frames to assist in their roles as hunters. These are all well established biological facts.

Now, as societies have become more productive, as standards of living have risen, men and women no longer need to obey their biological roles in order to survive. This is a good thing. In fact, our societies in the West have advanced technologically to the point where we can easily say that men and women should have the same societal responsibilities and privileges (voting, legal standing, pay, etc.). But evolution does not work as fast as society changes. And men and women still carry the biological differences of their primitive ancestors.

These have real world consequences. Look at Sarkeesian's complaint about the animation for walking. Women's hips are constructed differently than men's (on average). Were you to motion capture an average woman walking and a man walking, you would instantly be able to spot the stick-figure that was female, just from her gait. So complaining about this in a video game (even when exaggerated) is ridiculous, especially when what qualifies as "exaggerated" is not an objective standard in the first place.

Likewise, when it comes to representations of female as, say, warriors, once again reality intervenes. Even modern militaries (whose inclusiveness has more to do with politics than capabilities) have a difficult time with female front-line troops (the ones that do use them tend to be the small nations facing existential threats, like Israel, or the nations that don't fight anyone, anyway... see Scandinavian militaries). The US Army has had to develop a training course to prepare women for the Ranger training, because they are so desperate to get a female through the course. Think about that! They have to train the women extensively just so they can have a chance to not wash out on the first day (which none have managed to avoid so far). This is totally a product of the biological differences between a peak-performing male and a peak-performing female. It's why we have an NBA and a WNBA.

Such biological differences aren't all in the males' favor, though. Most courts still give women preference in child custody cases, for real biological reasons. But to deny that women's bodies and minds are built differently (talk to any college or professional-level trainer about men's and women's knees, for example) is a direct contradiction of reality.

So what Sarkeesian wants is an unrealistic portrayal of men and women, based on her own personal biases. And she wants this enforced across video games, so that she doesn't have to see the reality of biology thrown in her face over and over again. That's why so many people have a visceral reaction against her. It'd be like having a person tell you that you had to agree the sky was green, or you'd lose your job (just as people have lost their jobs for "offending" the sensibilities of the SJWs). That's the level of stupid this woman represents.

I dunno what poked you to write that, but if I could give you +1 I'd do it. Now all that's missing is a source link for this -> "on record as saying that all differences between men and women are the product of societal conditioning". Because that is clear gender politics. Which is to me one of the most dangerous ideologies 3rd gen feminism has spawned.

But you will never convince her cultist followers to any of your points. To them men and women are social constructs taught to children by the patriarchy.......

8569 Comments. 429 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo