Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7420 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit
2. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Jul 31, 2014, 19:54 eRe4s3r

The story also includes word that this suit might have been settled a month ago with Gearbox dropped from the proceedings, except one of the plaintiffs could not be located to approve. It was later learned this was because he was incarcerated in Pennsylvania.

And what little respect I had for the US just dropped another point...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2014, 17:13 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 16:11:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 13:50:
(I don't like PewDiePie much, IMHO he crosses over the line between silly and stupid, but he's certainly successful.)

I blame the Jersey Shore generation that thinks the crap on MTV is "Real Life" (see what I did there).

I don't know 1 person that actually knows who the F or what the F pewdiepie is. (or maybe who watches it - cause I would have to have a come to Jesus with them) I watched a few moments of a few videos. I couldn't stand it. (recently found out what and who it was)

And that guy makes money!? WTF!?

I guess The Youngs eat that shit up?

No accounting for taste... I heard of it and watched a few minutes, but I would never watch it with regularity or ever again at that. It's like batman says, crossing the line to full metal retard level. But hey, that sums up MTV pretty damn well so maybe there is a market for it...

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 31, 2014, 17:04 eRe4s3r

So basically minecraft the MMO....

So, without mods.. haha

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Pixel Piracy
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Pixel Piracy Jul 31, 2014, 15:55 eRe4s3r

Luke wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 14:51:
Bundy wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 14:47:
Is this any good?

Like anything that is infected with steam = NO Book

Well at least we know that you are not playing many games then...

News Comments > Firefall Launches
22. Re: Firefall Launches Jul 31, 2014, 10:35 eRe4s3r

shihonage wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 00:33:
I can't play this game because it requires I prioritize UDP traffic on port range 32000-65535.

Given how by default my traffic is Bulk, and is selectively elevated for each game, I cannot just give high priority to 33535 freaking ports.

Terrible and pointless coding decision on their part.

This bothers me in a lot of games... but what do you mean with "bulk" ? All my traffic is priority, some things are just higher priority (Websites/Stream) and some are highest priority (VOIP/IPTV)

What exactly are you doing with your traffic? Or is it your ISP?

News Comments > F1 2014 & 2015 Announced
3. Re: F1 2014 & 2015 Announced Jul 31, 2014, 10:32 eRe4s3r

Raptor wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 10:26:

Now it seems to be more about the "flash" and less about substance.

You just summed up every game by Codemasters, ever

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 31, 2014, 10:25 eRe4s3r

Pigeon wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 09:30:
Tablet's have probably reached the point of saturation; everyone who wanted one has bought one. Same thing that happened with flat screen HD TVs.

What you call market saturation is in reality a market that waits for the "NEXT BIG THING" , and tablets are not that thing yet. Also I highly doubt global markets are crashing.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jul 30, 2014, 23:47 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 22:28:
Creston wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 21:42:
What.The.Fuck.

That guy is a skilled badass, but he better go back and pay those people for the broken shingles on that roof.

Heck he can be happy he didn't fall straight through ^^

News Comments > New Hearthstone Wing
5. Re: New Hearthstone Wing Jul 30, 2014, 13:20 eRe4s3r

MTG 2014 + slightlymagic.net And you get all the good sides of MTG + a near complete card library (sadly no MP) but a superb AI and you can build your own decks properly (with external deck editor).

And a bit of MTG 2013 + slightlymagic.net for the advanced game modes ,p

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2014, 13:30.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 30, 2014, 13:11 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 12:07:
Logitech G Unveils World’s Fastest Gaming Mouse

Now if only they could put that tech in the best "mouse" ever created: The M570. Why thumb balls haven't achieved a wider adoption, I'll never understand. It's so much better in every conceivable way. It's faster, it's more accurate, easier on the hand/wrist, you never have to worry about running out of desk/mousepad, etc. Oh, and the lag-free RF wireless? Fuck yes! Do this for my mouse, and I'll buy 10, and hand them out to friends. Otherwise, it's just another stupid gimmick.

No no.. the best mouse ever created is the mx518 (Ps.: The mx518 already tracks as fast as I can move.. maybe I just move slower ,p)

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Beta Begins
4. Re: Elite Dangerous Beta Begins Jul 30, 2014, 10:17 eRe4s3r

Online Singleplayer? ~.~  

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2014, 09:58 eRe4s3r

NamecaF wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 05:02:
I've been saying this since Steam arrived on the scene (and has taken off) but everyone seems to think it's the second coming or something. Maybe I'm just showing my age or maybe this generation doesn't really understand what "owning" something means, but we are headed in a really bad direction with the way software and games are heading.

Steam in particular is a non issue, because you can emulate steam You just have to store the patched games in some way on your PC. I get what you mean, but if you have the will, you can actually "own" any game. As long as it resides 100% on your storage. Games like D3 and all other fake MMO's are the real issues. But then you never owned them begin with, you just bought access

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All
8. Re: I think i'm burnt out Jul 30, 2014, 09:52 eRe4s3r

ELITE wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 22:43:
I think I'm done with Call of Duty and Battlefields - and Titans and all the rest...

I must be getting old...

No, you just developed a taste. Before you played them all you could not possibly have a well based opinion, but now that you have, it slowly sinks in that these games are all mediocre in some ways, and deeply flawed in others.

Getting older has absolutely zero relevance, you are as old as you feel. Whatever abstract time someone attaches to you doesn't matter to your body or brain one single bit.

So rock on, and hopefully we get some proper shooters again.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 29, 2014, 22:56 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 21:30:
I've been saying this for a while now. So much of videogaming history will be lost to the ages because of dying hardware and more recently online server requirements. There are ways around a lot of these things but in 25 years will anyone be able to find a playable version of Diablo 2? Maybe, but the real question is will anyone be able to find a playable version of Diablo 3? Whether or not someone 25 years from now would want to play such ancient games (by future standards) isn't the point - this is our gaming HISTORY. Nobody values the Liberty Bell based on well it rings, nor do they judge the value of the USS Missouri based on how it could perform in a modern-day sea battle.

Well in the digital age I wonder if the concept of history isn't something of an outdated idea in itself. And with games, we never really had access to begin with. We just saw some finalized idea, but unless companies stored source code properly once those storage mediums go boom nothing will remain of that history. Even if you could still play the game, the original idea is gone. The game itself is just a facsimile of the idea. Of what history should really preserve.

News Comments > Firefall Launches
5. Re: Firefall Launches Jul 29, 2014, 22:39 eRe4s3r

What's the main mechanic here? Questing? loot? Because if it's loot, then it having an AH is a major turn off. D3 dropped it for a reason.

Now if it ain't loot, how is the gameplay? What is long-term motivation in this? (Trailer tells nothing)

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All
2. Re: Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All Jul 29, 2014, 21:41 eRe4s3r

Tumbler wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 21:22:
Sucks to be a premium member and have zero interest in loading this up again. Far more excited about hearthstone at midnight!

Same here... man I was once a huge BF fan.. but BF4 and Hardline... just.. you know.. slowly annoy the shit out of me. This DLC is the last nail, fucking shields ruin hardcore mode so badly ~.~

Dice can keep this crap and maybe in a few years someone else makes a proper MP shooter again.. you know, with good netcode and all that, and bots.

News Comments > RIVE Announced
3. Re: RIVE Announced Jul 29, 2014, 18:41 eRe4s3r

Zyrxil wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 16:37:
'These' kinds of games? It's just an action-platformer.

Which is probably what he meant

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 14:39 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 14:54:
Holy blue flaming Jesus on a pogo stick! What a nightmare the last few days has been since moving into my new house. A total comedy of errors...without the comedy. From the useless dickbag movers to basically having to build a new PC to get online - which I'm still not and have borrowed a friend's extra laptop just to get net access for now. I,ve probably spent 500 bucks in the last 5 days going back and forth to the computer store and buying and retutrning all kinds of crap. Then there's the joy of discovering all those little things in the house that'll need to be changed and fixed and replaced. Remember The Money Pit with Tom Hanks?

Ommmmm....mamaste....*deep breaths*

At least you didn't get flooded in your first week of being in your new house like it happened to me.

I had the same issues getting online in a 20 year old house. Because the tech changed so much the past 20 years it's nearly guaranteed that you can't use ANY of the pre-installed shit. I had to drill new holes in walls to even get my internet from the basement (where it utterly kills my WIFI signal) to the first floor in a place where WIFI spreads properly...

Idiot owners sealed the cable shafts and idiot pre-owners laid analogue cables that don't work for gbit network. So I had to lay my entirely own network infrastructure through 3 floors just to get GBIT cable in the house in 3 rooms and WIFI where I wanted it...

Then I gave up when it came to smart-tv (was a really bad location, and would have to connect it to my router, so I just got powerline network adapters.. work fine No cabling needed anymore.

The stuff you can experience when moving to a new location is infinite. Especially when it comes to ANYTHING that is "pre-installed" ;/

News Comments > New GeForce WHQL Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce WHQL Drivers Jul 29, 2014, 14:24 eRe4s3r

Or rather "Metro - the cash-in edition"

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jul 29, 2014, 08:55 eRe4s3r

Dagnamit wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 16:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 13:01:
I'm against mods that can be bought for money, that is all.

And yes, that includes paying money for a CS reskin.

Get used to it, because this is how UT2015 is going to roll. Free-to-play core with a mod market that's both free and pay-to-play.

Well I don't have to play that then I will not spend money on mods, but if it's a good game I will play it.

7420 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo