Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6659 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Russia Orders Drop 'Pirate' Jan 8, 2014, 00:04 eRe4s3r

Störtebecker Party ftw

-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaus_St%C3%B6rtebeker

I'd call my party "Front against stupid politicians" or FASP

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Jan 7, 2014, 11:16 eRe4s3r

Gotta say, having played the pre alpha as well the "You talk for both" system is absolutely mindbogglingly stupid. Not just stupid, it is confusing because you never know who is talking to whom. And I mean that quite literally, you never know who is talking to whom in the current dialog system so it feels like you are talking to yourself and reading the script. It is a schizophrenic experience at best, and it is a lot less fun than it sounds

I think if you want to keep your sanity, a mod that removes the 2nd character and makes him/her a NPC is the only choice.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Removes GFWL?
10. Re: Fallout 3 Removes GFWL? Jan 7, 2014, 11:05 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 10:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 10:57:
Obligatory: I liked Fallout 3 better But yeah, when it comes down to it Bethesda is one of the few companies making games I actually enjoyed playing. Lots of time spent in Fallout 3 and NV with tons of mods. Though I gotta say.. the next game by Beth better be 64bit trough and through and not use Gamebryo

I don't really care what they use but they need to hire better animators and someone needs to revisit the combat engine. Loved Skyrim but those aspects are really showing their age.

Uh yeah.. the combat.. best let that (armored) horse lay dead.

News Comments > No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs
39. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 7, 2014, 11:02 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:29:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:28:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:32:
Quinn wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:57:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 11:51:
Is the Definitive version the one where they remove most QTE's?

You obviously haven't played the game with that pre-release hipster attitude.

So it changes after the first 1/2 hour?

The first half hour is awful with QTEs everywhere. Once you get out into the world gameplay is more typical 3rd person action game, but there are still QTEs. I'm a couple hours in.

Laughing my ass off at "pre-release hipster attitude" comment...

Sidenote: The first QTE sequence .... I can understand when people drop the game just because of that. It was horrible. But it got a lot better later on...

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M
6. Re: Star Citizen Funding Passes $36M Jan 7, 2014, 10:59 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 10:52:
Wildone wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 10:38:
There's lots of people in the SC who actively DO NOT WANT OR CARE about the Dogfighting/Space Combat! I MEAN WTF this is supposed to be a space combat game at its core?!? Elite Dangerous is already skooling SC becus they are focused on the core gameplay. Sure other stuff will come LATER but at least they got this right from the start. SC is gonna suffer because of the weird fan boy wants of SC

Thats only because you're assuming SC will get released at some point.

When Duke Nukem can do it.. so can this

News Comments > Fallout 3 Removes GFWL?
7. Re: Fallout 3 Removes GFWL? Jan 7, 2014, 10:57 eRe4s3r

Obligatory: I liked Fallout 3 better But yeah, when it comes down to it Bethesda is one of the few companies making games I actually enjoyed playing. Lots of time spent in Fallout 3 and NV with tons of mods. Though I gotta say.. the next game by Beth better be 64bit trough and through and not use Gamebryo  

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jan 7, 2014, 10:41 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 10:10:
No problems here reading and enjoying Bluesnews on my Kindle Fire HD. Looks great, and it's not Apple, which is even better.

Yeah I don't have problems reading the site or even posting .... The problem was that I couldn't figure out how to block ads in android without root. But anyhow... Figured it out. Fdroid + adaware (of course... both needs root... so this is partially why I flashed to Cyanogenmod)

And sorry, but for my 7" tablet an ad that takes up 2 screens is unacceptable. * I increased font size default zoom level though.. so there is that too.. I read from a bit away ,p

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2014, 11:18.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jan 7, 2014, 09:54 eRe4s3r

Fantaz wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 04:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 00:03:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:03:
Axis wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 22:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 22:08:
I keep it like Cutter, company engages in "sex sells" style ads and they won't sell shit to me. And I dunno where you live Axis, but here ads are generally way beyond that and try to sell to as many people as possible.

But then, I don't see a lot of ads.. not having a TV helps.

I agree eRe4. I was responding to the article's nonsense -- that's what they were attempting to portray not me, I was just using their lame examples.

The only ads I see anymore are on Hulu for my wife and I, which I can put up with since they have the timer and aren't long. And only occasionally as there's only a few shows I watch. I primarily do movies on Netflix (kids ONLY get Netflix) or Amazon, play Pandora most of the time.

Mhhh. Maybe we are not the ones to talk about it then. I am guessing the article talks about game advertising. And I don't see that in my browsing simply because I got paranoid and block everything

I am sure companies doing advertising would rather people do not react like that... but if they only want to target males that can be lured in with that.. ain't my place to complain about that.

Speaking of ads.. did I ever mention that bluesnews is completely non-browsable on a tablet without adblock?

Works excellent on Nexus 10.

non-browsable as in "the ads are obnoxious as hell" working it does fine, it just looks abhorrent with ads. Or maybe it was a specific ad that was doing it. But I had a 2 page break between days with the AD being in the middle.

Blue's News looks fucking amazing on an iPad Air. everyone should get one. 1 lb, feels so light, like reading a newspaper. Nexus 10? pfft...

The day I give Apple money is the day they pry it from my cold dead hands. Sidenote: I really gotta get around and install iptable blocklists on my tablet for adds... ain't no god damned way I waste 200mb Ram for Adblock.. what the hell is it doing with that much ram, design space ships??

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jan 7, 2014, 00:03 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:03:
I keep it like Cutter, company engages in "sex sells" style ads and they won't sell shit to me. And I dunno where you live Axis, but here ads are generally way beyond that and try to sell to as many people as possible.

I agree eRe4. I was responding to the article's nonsense -- that's what they were attempting to portray not me, I was just using their lame examples.

The only ads I see anymore are on Hulu for my wife and I, which I can put up with since they have the timer and aren't long. And only occasionally as there's only a few shows I watch. I primarily do movies on Netflix (kids ONLY get Netflix) or Amazon, play Pandora most of the time.

Mhhh. Maybe we are not the ones to talk about it then. I am guessing the article talks about game advertising. And I don't see that in my browsing simply because I got paranoid and block everything

I am sure companies doing advertising would rather people do not react like that... but if they only want to target males that can be lured in with that.. ain't my place to complain about that.

Speaking of ads.. did I ever mention that bluesnews is completely non-browsable on a tablet without adblock?

Works excellent on Nexus 10.

non-browsable as in "the ads are obnoxious as hell" working it does fine, it just looks abhorrent with ads. Or maybe it was a specific ad that was doing it. But I had a 2 page break between days with the AD being in the middle.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2014, 00:01 eRe4s3r

mag wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 20:51:
nin wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 20:47:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 20:37:
Linksys resurrects classic blue router, with open source and $300 price.

You had me until 300.

Yeah, what a joke.

It's definitely out of my price range, but it's got pretty nice hardware. 1.2GHz processor, USB3, eSATA. This is enough to do routing and traffic shaping on your 100Mbps Google fiber connection, serve as a fileserver with an external eSATA hard drive, take care of all of your torrent-downloading without having your PC on, possibly work alright as a DLNA server, etc. etc.

By which I mean: This is not for you, if all you want is a gigabit switch hooked up to an 802.11n access point and a 20Mbps cable modem.

For 300$ I'd expect that thing to replace my NAS, Switch, Router and DSL Modem in one go.... but how would id possibly do that with 4 lan ports? I need 8 and I only do very few advanced things. For that money you could buy a great NAS and a superb switch....

News Comments > No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs
36. Re: No Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PCs Jan 6, 2014, 23:28 eRe4s3r

Square Enix doing as Square Enix does. No surprises there  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
16. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 6, 2014, 23:10 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 10:33:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 20:28:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 18:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 4, 2014, 23:02:
But speaking of tablets, Since I paid just 130€ for a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 WIFI and recently went and flashed it to cyanogen mod I am now running latest android 4.3.1 as well ;p (Nexus 7 is 3 times more expensive here) and for what? a bit more storage.. wee! Tab 2 has SDcard so easy more storage.

Quad vs Dual and twice the resolution. That isn't like nothing at all, aye?

For practical use it is nothing. 7" tablets do not benefit from higher resolution nor from a quad core cpu. To browse web, watch youtube and read emails you don't need full HD nor quad cores. And to game... well that is assuming there are worthwhile games on Android. Which there aren't.

What I do regret though, is not having a real usb port.

And that dual core runs SNES9x EX+ just fine ,) Obviously a Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 are both high end hardware, but you are getting into high price ranges there, and for that I'd want USB ports and Windows.... and HDMI out

Because both are things you are absolutely gonna want on a larger more powerful tablet. (and 400€ is the most I would pay for such a windows intel i7 or i5 tablet)

Well I disagree and $220 isn't that high-end in cost either. I purposely didn't want a Windows based tablet.

In Europe the prices are sadly vastly different. ;/

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2014, 23:03 eRe4s3r

News Comments > New NVIDIA Mobile SOC Runs Unreal Engine 4
16. Re: New NVIDIA Mobile SOC Runs Unreal Engine 4 Jan 6, 2014, 22:46 eRe4s3r

Tim Collins wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 13:34:
Nvidia is slipping BIGTIME.....I swear it seems like their trying to paint a rosy picture but I am just not seeing anything good coming from them till what maybe q4/2014.....Something went to their head or they just got lazy....hmmmmm

Why would Nvidia or ATI for that matter push the "envelop" when there is nothing worth pushing it for? I think at this point both sides wait on new engines and games... and the occ-rift (which'll place fundamental new challenges on GPU's)

News Comments > New NVIDIA Mobile SOC Runs Unreal Engine 4
15. Re: New NVIDIA Mobile SOC Runs Unreal Engine 4 Jan 6, 2014, 22:34 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 12:48:
I'm pretty sure every mobile chip in the last 10 years has blurred the line between desktop and mobile performance and is doing so 3 or 4 years sooner than someone who stands to gain from making it look good expected.

Hehe, no.. that line is not getting blurred, it's become a giant 5km wide and 2km deep canyon.

Unless you want a mobile device with 5minutes of battery life, you will never replace a high end gaming rig with anything not attached to a power socket.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2014, 22:08 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2014, 01:45 eRe4s3r

zee wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 01:11:
So he wants to play an upgraded version of Freelancer? I wouldn't mind playing a cross of Mass Effect and Freelancer but it would take a massive amount of work.

Well... there is still hope.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Tightened Up
27. Re: Steam Family Sharing Tightened Up Jan 6, 2014, 01:43 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 22:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 20:21:
Suppa7 wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 20:05:
lol, if only there was an easier way to share games, like not having your games tied to steam and steam allowing you to make as many copies a you want beacause, you know you paid money for it.

If only there was such a superior way where...

There is such a way still, it's called a crack *ducks*

Cracking games you own is also perfectly legal.. just fyi.

Not in the U.S., it ain't. The DMCA says that any measure that circumvents DRM is illegal.

Ah.. did I mention I love being European (Britain excluded).... Streaming ain't illegal, downloading cracks ain't illegal.... customers have rights, and companies are not persons.

And yeah.. it doesn't work for MP games.. but then that's kind of expected.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2014, 23:16 eRe4s3r

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 22:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 22:23:
The fact that you can seamlessly get on board the Jackdaw and command it, drive it next to a dock and then jump on that dock is truly revolutionary.

There isn't a SINGLE game that did that before. And that is what that article means. Yeah in space things get a little trickier, but Mass Effect had (why?) loading screens between outside and inside, it was never the feeling that the ship inside is the same ship you see from the outside.

Actually, that applies to every single time you dock to anything. It felt so disjointed.

Uhm we've had it forever in vehicular shooters and games like Halo and Unreal tournament 2004. Halo's jeep is pretty iconic.

Also freespace 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhAR8rWPluQ

Just because they didn't make a 'vehicle' section with the normandy does not mean it hasn't been done before.

I am kinda stumped because you didn't get my point and I don't understand why.. the word SEAMLESS is kinda important in my post. Did you not play Black Flag? What I was saying is pretty dang clear. You can walk around on your ship in Black Flag, take control seamlessly, then stop controlling seamlessly, walk to the top of the main mast and jump down into the ocean swim to a nearby island and back, climb up the side and continue on your merry way. All with proper physics and interaction of ship + waves, including AI actors (that are on scripted paths with basic logic, but it is revolutionary all the same).

Also vehicle combat is.. the worst of all the examples you could bring. How many games with vehicle combat you saw where you could walk around the mesh of your vehicle *Seamlessly* while it moved? The only game that did something as awesome was Shadows of the Colossus. Seamless riding around, climbing of them, that is.

All I can think of is that you don't have played Black Flag. Because if you had, the word seamless interaction with a ship, would have a meaning for you that'd make you cringe whenever you see vehicles in MP shooters. Or in Arma 3 ... which is not a single dolt better than BF4 when it comes to this.

Most vehicles in MP games are teleport triggers. Battlefield, Arma, Halo and UT all do it the same.... hence why I am confused how you can mention them when I talk about seamless interactions

And finally..... you really did not get my point
As I am not talking about combat. I am talking about seamless interaction.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2014, 23:23.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 5, 2014, 22:53 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 16:18:
Julio wrote on Jan 5, 2014, 15:37:
Regardless of LG being a small player, that Windows 8 is really working out well for PC makers. I wonder when Microsoft will take over hardware production of the PC and lock Windows to their hardware only.
I didn't know that windows 8 was out 4 years ago when the decline started in the PC market. The problem is we're at a saturation point for PC's, especially for the non-gamer home market. And for businesses rollouts are only just starting for Win7 in a lot of cases to replace XP.

Microsoft imo shot itself in the foot by not making their windows a modular platform unbound from hardware back when xp released. MS could have completely dominated the OS market 100% that way, they sell the platform but everyone can make their own OS variation and sell it on that platform (or even give it away for free). So Unix? Unix would be a module you can install for free, it runs on a very slight abstraction layer for hardware (Basically, Mantle for all Hardware) and Linux could do whatever it wants on top of that. That way all OS would be able to always support all hardware. And drivers could have been unified across all OS.

With that, MS could have become the "Steam" of operating systems. And Linux would not be the opposite of windows, it would be part of MS OS platform offerings, sure a free* part (Getting on that platform would obviously not be free), but in the end MS wouldn't care about that. They run the platform and thus get money from that without doing a thing.

I wonder if that would have worked ^^

6659 Comments. 333 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo