Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8720 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 7, 2015, 12:26 eRe4s3r

Ratty wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 11:19:
Jivaro wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 11:04:
Noble intentions do not negate possible consequences.
Totally agree. He did something that needed doing but released way more than was necessary. I don't admire Snowden but neither do I revile him. What he did took guts but I wished he would have stuck to releasing things related to the illegal surveillance of US citizens and an out of control security state.

What about the illegal surveillance of EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET? That is far more relevant than the NSA looking at your dick.

To me NSA is nothing but STASI 2.0 - yeah you are ok with it as long as it's on your side, but it takes exactly 1 asshole president and your rights are gone and you live in a police state that rivals the GDR pre 1990. And your weapons aren't gonna save you when the state has 100% accurate lists with potential rebels. It takes 1 sweep in the night and your rights are gone and prisons suddenly have a very healthy and profitable population.

You are calling it a security state, but the US is already a fascist police state. Did you read what the Patriot act allows your gov to do to you without due process, legal binding oversight or any consequences?

As a German it makes me not sad however. Because I think everyone should experience the horrors of the Stasi at least once in their life. It is a good lesson

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming
10. Re: Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming Apr 7, 2015, 11:35 eRe4s3r

Would be nice if 30 ticks was the standard everywhere at least. But I have a feeling that the CTE testing and subsequent patch won't change the hosting landscape. Servers are not equal and you have no way to tell what runs at 10 and what at 30 via server-browser.... not that 30 is enough mind you. But a bit of consistent information on what servers run would be nice.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming
8. Re: Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming Apr 7, 2015, 11:23 eRe4s3r

Higher tick-rate does not give you advantage, it reduces the dodgy netcode issues, like instantly dieing without even hearing or seeing someone firing at you (still unfixed in CTE (The seeing someone firing issue, at least, damage is updated nicely)) ;p Or RPG's / HE stuff stuck in vehicles, passing through vehicles, exploding on vehicles not doing damage etc. (still unfixed in CTE). All these server tick rate issues too.

Also it's worth noting that this is a complete joke if they don't increase the ACTUAL server tick-rate. Client tick-rate did never matter in BF4. The problem was servers running at 10 ticks. (which most, including all 48/64 servers, in-fact are) And which is the source of literally ALL the dodgy crap in BF4.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 6, 2015, 20:23 eRe4s3r

"accidentally"  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2015, 20:11 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 17:42:
Who even says they'll be carbon based? Mebbe they'll be silicon based. And I don't see how size is relative to intelligence. Crows aren't very big but they're hella smart. We don't know even know why our own brains are so large beyond most of it being used for storage. And they used to be a lot a smaller. Hell, we used to be a lot smaller due to nutritional deficiencies. Most of our history people have been only 4 feet tall +/-.

You need to be big enough to build tools and then use them though. A crow can build small brittle tools that it can shape with beak and claws, because it is small, and small brittle tools can never crack a rock, shape steel or build a space-ship.

Also intelligence is usually expressed not just by thinking and applying that to the real world but also by the ability to express yourself towards others.

The greatest achievement of humans after discovering the fire and crafting spears and tools was that they tamed wild animals... And you can only build proper tools if you are large and strong enough. But you can only tame other animals if you are intelligent enough and have empathy. You need to learn to understand another life form in order to tame it. Do you think a crow could ever do that?

News Comments > Square Enix Three-Day Game Reveal Kicks Off Today
13. Re: Square Enix Three-Day Game Reveal Kicks Off Today Apr 6, 2015, 20:01 eRe4s3r

So a dude is sitting for the next 16 hours ? Can't contain my excitement Neat idea though  

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Apr 6, 2015, 15:11 eRe4s3r

I wish Blizzard would be on Steam...  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One
25. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 6, 2015, 14:16 eRe4s3r

loomy wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 13:31:
RaZ0r! wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 22:02:
Ah I see the GuildWars model.

I love how just buying a game is now "the guild wars model"

I agree though lol

Well yeah, but it is a MMO. It would be nice if this model would cease and the devs just give us proper TRIALS again. I ain't going to pay 50 for a MMO that I might actually hate or that has shitty server population in my area.

News Comments > GOG.com Internet Speed Testing
16. Re: GOG.com Internet Speed Testing Apr 6, 2015, 10:39 eRe4s3r

Don't be silly You can't base that on 1 random troll.. I started with 14.4 modems so to me anything before that is like mythical fantasy...

Did run dual ISDN lines though back when phone contracts allowed you unlimited usage.. haha those fools.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
8. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 5, 2015, 22:38 eRe4s3r

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 21:50:
Been using a HTC One m7 for almost 2 years now and am still super-happy with it. Upgraded to Android 5.02 back in January through my provider. (Unfortunately Sprint, but I pay a little over $70/mo with unlimited data and an excellent 4G signal everywhere in my city. Never once dropped a call and when traveling across the country last year I was surprised to even get reception in places like Yellowstone. I actually get faster speeds through them than my home ISP.. go figure.

Gonna upgrade to the HTC One M9 this year, as it has the sorely missing SD card slot that the original One m7 lacked. USB OTG works fine for now, but is nowhere as convenient as having SD available, especially with the 128GB+ sizes available now.. and you can't charge your phone while the OTG cable is plugged in, which also is quite limiting. I also like the fact that they are keeping the screen resolution at 1920x1080 and not going 1440 or 4k like other flagship phones. It's completely unnecessary for a ~5 inch screen, and takes up valuable resources and battery that could be better utilized elsewhere in the device.

To be honest the biggest problem I have with the new type of smart phones is that you can't see shit in the sunlight. I want a liquid e-ink phone display!

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patched
53. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 5, 2015, 20:15 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 09:09:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 08:38:
Ps.: Because I didn't want to spoil the entire game I did not finish Endless paths beyond level 10 and a few side quests. For the 2nd playthrough

Boss at the end of EP will repeatedly face roll you even at level 11. I'm pretty amazed at that.

So finally managed to beat the game.. on EASY I just want to say though that this fight is horribly designed, even on easy.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
6. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 5, 2015, 20:14 eRe4s3r

DarkCntry wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 18:13:
Gib007 wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 12:54:
To me, Samsung sold out to Apple's style with the non-removable battery and no MicroSD card slot of the Galaxy S6. Couple this with Samsung's INSANELY slow updates to Android (April 2015 and I'm still using Android 4.4.4 on my Galaxy Note 4!), and my Galaxy Note 4 is probably my last Samsung phone, much as I love the S Pen.

NEXT is NEXUS.

Aren't the carriers responsible for the update pushes? I mean, my Note 4 is using 5.0.1...and I generally get one ever other month, but it's from AT&T.

You can buy unlocked phones, for which Samsung is responsible and does fuck all to update them. A sadly well known problem when it comes to Samsung.. you have to hope Cyanogen supports your device properly and then root and flash the damn thing to get proper security features and latest android.

14. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 5, 2015, 19:16 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 19:01:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 18:41:
I'd be more than willing to give TESO an honest, one month beatdown to see if it can keep me interested but it's a pain in the ass that the game is $70 to experience all the newness. Give me a deep weekend sale otherwise I am more interested in spending that money on Elite Dangerous or dumping in to Path of Exile.

$70,-? Seriously, where the fuck do you guys live or buy your games!? You can get ESO for half that price.

Where the heck are you buying?

54.99 on GMG for ESO Online
79.99 on GMG for ESO Online complete ultimate imperial edition (aka, the only edition where you get everything)

That's 88$

Even with a sale you'll have a hard time getting that any lower. As there weren't any decent sales that I can find, ever.

With these prices the game prices itself out of the European market too.

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 5, 2015, 15:18 eRe4s3r

RaZ0r! wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 15:11:
Too bad it took them nine months of the first year to figure out it was a F2P game. I wonder how many more players they would have had it been F2P from launch?

It still isn't a free to play game, you need to buy it.

1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 5, 2015, 12:41 eRe4s3r

1 year of meh is still 1 year of meh

I know different studios.. but just do Fallout 4 or whatever next. ^^

48. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 4, 2015, 22:27 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 22:14:
Can someone who's played a Cipher explain this to me?

I start with a Cipher, he's got 15 Focus from the get-go. I level up, select Greater Focus as my talent, which is supposed to give +10 focus, and now I have 20...?

I'm not great at math, but that doesn't really seem right.

Tons of tooltips don't reflect what abilities, spells and even weapons actually *do* been reported but.. well.. tis obsidian for you

News Comments > GOG.com Internet Speed Testing
7. Re: GOG.com Internet Speed Testing Apr 4, 2015, 22:25 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 18:23:
JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 15:19:
Sweet, we'll be able to download 20 mb games so fast now!!!!!!!
I didn't know the wing commander, Freespace, NWN, the witcher, etc., games were 20mb.

Maybe he only played Commander Keen and the original Loom? Don't judge ^^

42. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 4, 2015, 14:17 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 12:57:
Uh, I guess that whole joke thing was kinda of hilarious. I wonder if someone will mod it back to how it was before lol.

Knowing the Internet, someone already did and posted it on the nexus

38. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 4, 2015, 12:52 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 02:03:
Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 01:59:
There is another patch currently downloading for me. ~ 580MB (the first one was a GB.)

600MB patch to fix a lockpicking bug...?

Just one cds worth of data. And it's Obsidian.

That patch with no info patched ALL level files and the main resource file as well as about 100 unity3d files.. so what the heck was that?

(That's on top of the patch yesterday)

36. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patched Apr 4, 2015, 08:38 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 19:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 19:10:

Either I am getting old (doubtful) or this end-boss OR the companions have bad skill design. My mage to reiterate, has accuracy 86 and the enemy dude has defense 140 against magic.

Well, sorry to hear you are having trouble; I'm amazed you are at the end of the game at 46 hours! Also, you are getting older, every second of every day, in fact.

I am at like 60 hours already, just entered act 3. Steamrolling everything though, currently level 11. Have you beaten all of the Endless Paths yet? Because I'd hate to hear the game's end boss is harder than the EP end boss...wow.

Also yes, the NPCs aren't really min-maxed a whole lot, but there is a lot of +stat gear available to help even them out a bit.

I'm kinda looking forward to beating the Final Boss after reading your post, I'm somewhat ashamed to admit.

I give you that But you'd think 20+ years of RPG and DnD (including JRPG's et al) experience would help.

And yeah, I am of course getting older. But I am still young at heart

Ps.: Because I didn't want to spoil the entire game I did not finish Endless paths beyond level 10 and a few side quests. For the 2nd playthrough

8720 Comments. 436 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo