Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6682 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Mod Tools Beta
5. Re: Total War: ROME II Mod Tools Beta Jan 20, 2014, 21:03 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 14:22:
Stimpack wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 13:05:
Why do the AI turns take so long?
78 factions?

1 cpu thread for 78 factions... and you can't multi-thread these kind of turn calculations... sadly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 20, 2014, 20:59 eRe4s3r

When the sky turns red and the rivers carry honey....  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Stealth marketing: Microsoft paying YouTubers for Xbox One mentions. Jan 20, 2014, 20:44 eRe4s3r

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 19:53:
Bah! Ship now fix later was one of the things that turned me off of PC gaming in the first place... now it's standerd practice across all platforms, and of course software companies are never held accountable for shipping unfinished products.

This is Capcom we are talking about.... no surprises there.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2014, 19:32 eRe4s3r

Axis wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 16:57:
Hey look! Researchers finally discovered what everyone in the linux industry has known for the last umpteen years - that linux is the most secure OS!! Hurray!

Oh wait! Hurry go back to your Microsoft Office and WinWhatever -- we don't want our gravy train spilled...

If you believe what a GCHQ sponsored study says you haven't been reading the news these past months... even if Linux is more secure simply because of permission (which average users completely disable for ease of use and to prevent obscure problems) this study only found that on Windows 7/8 the RISK is higher, because it's 98% of the OS market. Security wise both OS tested equal.... which is why you should never, never, never believe what headlines say without clicking on the link first.

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
26. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 13:42 eRe4s3r

Leper wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 13:24:
I see Star Wars MMO will actually be profitable, it wasn't a failure.

But.. but... what about all the fools that were saying SWKOTR was a giant failure that wouldn't even be able to recoup a fraction of it's cost? I thought they knew everything about games and business. They sure acted like it.

Huh? What is SWKTOR .... are you talking about KOTOR or SWTOR ??? DECIDE And gameplay wise SWTOR is a giant failure.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 20, 2014, 10:11 eRe4s3r

The CESG is part of the British Government Communication Headquarters (GCHQ)

And as such, this research is completely worthless.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jan 19, 2014, 13:35 eRe4s3r

Bullshit bingo deluxe...  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 19, 2014, 10:08 eRe4s3r

OpenBSD has the problem that nobody believes in the security of monolithic *nix anymore. Especially not OpenSSH after one can assume the relevant standards body is essentially NSA pwned.

If you are truly paranoid, you should be using Tails https://tails.boum.org/ anyway...

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
13. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 17, 2014, 21:50 eRe4s3r

The USA made a global weapon system out of the Internet and Obama doesn't want to disarm it, that's all there is to this. Of course, now China is motivated to be much more aggressive as well. And other nations will begin militarizing the internet.

hah.. and we thought Deus EX was science fiction.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
19. Re: TimeLines: Assault On America Preorders Jan 17, 2014, 12:45 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 12:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 12:34:
Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 20:43:
Bill Borre wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 20:35:
Of course, because we all know that corporations have the best interests of their employees at heart.

Well, I mean, he did use the qualifier "useless."

What America needs is fewer useless unions and more good, lean unions that work with employers to achieve fairness and balance for the employees and the employers.

Heh... I don't see how such a balance could ever be achieved. The goals are in direct fundamental opposition. Worker's with rights are expensive workers....

Plenty of industries have this balance. Both sides pull, and meet somewhere in between.

The UAW fell apart because power wasn't balanced and parties started getting entitled and vindictive. A lot of the US auto industry's issues at that time stem from this, but all of it can be traced back to awful management. Bad products, poorly made, with a union pulling too hard causing worse management and worse decisions, which ceded more power to the union, etc.

But, in other industries, the workers and the corporation find compromise that benefits everyone.

But you are assuming that is a balance, when it's just a stagnating power struggle. I've got no clue how it is in the USA, but in Germany the big Unions don't do a whole lot for you. Except fuck you over because you live 500m next to a imaginary border inside your country, where the same work is suddenly paid 1 per hour less. And why? Because that's what your Union defined as contract framework, whether members want it or not. Since Unions only need a simple 50% agreement of their members, the less populated areas where the real problems are, can never profit from it.

I don't think Unions are useless, but if there is a balance to be had, no union I know about ever had it.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
17. Re: TimeLines: Assault On America Preorders Jan 17, 2014, 12:34 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 20:43:
Bill Borre wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 20:35:
Of course, because we all know that corporations have the best interests of their employees at heart.

Well, I mean, he did use the qualifier "useless."

What America needs is fewer useless unions and more good, lean unions that work with employers to achieve fairness and balance for the employees and the employers.

Heh... I don't see how such a balance could ever be achieved. The goals are in direct fundamental opposition. Worker's with rights are expensive workers....

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2014, 11:04 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 10:35:
Im amazed at what can be acomplished by medicine today. Provided you have insurance. Or money.
Ok now Im depressed.

Here depression falls under health-care too.

News Comments > Valve Not Making Retail VR Headsets
2. Re: Valve Not Making Retail VR Headsets Jan 17, 2014, 10:49 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 10:24:
So its just a unified SDK? Maybe even something akin to an API, which will basically enable 3d functionality with every game that supports it?

Unified API might be all that's really needed to make VR support widespread. It would be epic failure if everyone did their own thing and made errors that others had already fixed again and again. Kinda like console developers and FOV....

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
14. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 10:46 eRe4s3r

"Pay us, so you don't have to play our game."

Man I am glad I dropped WoW before the first expansion hit.

News Comments > Core Online Closed
1. Re: Core Online Closed Jan 17, 2014, 10:23 eRe4s3r

No shit sherlock... browser games of stuff everyone has already played isn't commercially viable... woohooo

Square Enix next week: "Discovered round wheels are better than cubic wheels"

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Jan 16, 2014, 09:09 eRe4s3r

Qbex . wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 07:12:
I'd love me some innovation in pc/couch input space, but, I'm looking at that owltroller and for shit cannot imagine how I'm going to press those buttons with my thumbs on haptic pads. Obviously this is made for different species ....

That's because those pads were designed by retards who never played a game in their life. Touchpad in the middle is completely useless, you can't press it without taking an entire hand of all controls. Yay for devolution. And haptic buttons don't work, you can't feel the buttons without pressing them, is why real keyboards are still the number 1 control utility in the world

Oh well

News Comments > Star Swarm/Nitrous Engine Trailer
4. Re: Star Swarm/Nitrous Engine Trailer Jan 15, 2014, 17:30 eRe4s3r

DX performance was higher than mantle with blur off..... And DX isn't what you should be comparing mantle against... Opengl is.... Still not impressed nor convinced that this will make the boring mess that is 4x any more fun... Or cause there to be decent home world style games....  

News Comments > Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Adding Soviet Campaign & PBEM
4. Re: Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Adding Soviet Campaign & PBEM Jan 15, 2014, 06:44 eRe4s3r

But isn't it always the same game essentially? I mean it has a set procedure and progression so even with random elements it ends up being always the same no? Even more so when all you do is balance scripted predetermined events around that are bound to historic progression....  

News Comments > Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Adding Soviet Campaign & PBEM
2. Re: Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Adding Soviet Campaign & PBEM Jan 14, 2014, 09:42 eRe4s3r

Dunno what they got over ksp.... Managing space programs without actually designing anything seems kinda boring......  

News Comments > Midwinter Remake Plans
10. Re: Midwinter Remake Plans Jan 12, 2014, 02:18 eRe4s3r

This is gonna fail so epicly.... how are they going to come up with the budget for a vast wasteland sandbox game? Essentially Midwinter needs a scale on par with Skyrim or Fallout to really work.....

They want to
realize Mike's ambitious design
and that is impossible without a shit-ton of money.

6682 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo