Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8056 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Dec 9, 2014, 01:51 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 20:12:
Things were going ok, until they got to the dog food.

Skittles in milk actually sounds delicious...

Dog food is perfectly edible for humans by the way ,p And probably more healthy

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2014, 14:40 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:03:
I know. I keep throwing money at my screen, and nothing happens...

(although because I have glasses, and fairly strong ones at that, I'm pretty certain I won't be able to actually use the Oculus. )

You can expect the final OR to work with glasses... The question is rather whether custom made lense caps are something to look into if it's really annoying to have glasses and OR at the same time on...

I expect there to be some hardware modding and aftermarket stuff for the OR to fly around, no doubt to make life easier for legally blind people (I have glasses too, but I see VERY well up close)

News Comments > inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren
6. Re: inXile TMs Meanwhile & Van Buren Dec 8, 2014, 11:01 eRe4s3r

ok.. but Meantime? I doubt anyone asked them to do that.. because I doubt anyone even knew that "idea" (not even a game)  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 8, 2014, 10:59 eRe4s3r

Yes yes.. but WHEN and HOW MUCH  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2014, 07:36 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 06:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 04:48:
shihonage wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 04:41:
No really, Skyrim is ankle-deep. You can finish the game, go around talk to NPCs, and they'll treat you like nothing happened. There are far too few choice&consequence checks, and the world isn't really reactive in any meaningful way.

Bethesda doesn't know how to do any better. Fallout 3's world reactivity was a pale shadow of Fallout 1 and 2. It too was an ankle-deep game, using the same engine no less.

We live in an age where publishes combine genres to appease everyone. That's how you get clumsy realtime first-person combat in your RPGs (Skyrim) and have to skin boars to get a second weapon slot in your FPSs (Far Cry).

That's why Assassin's Creed and Watchdogs are essentially the same game.

IQs dropped sharply enough in the past decade for people to stop distinguishing between a world which reacts to player agency, and a mere walking simulator.

For the most part, what we have today is walking simulators, all merging into this omni-genre of mass consumption. They're no longer games, but spreadsheets in 3D clothing, stamped out one after another off a conveyor belt.

All of them about "epic" bombastic adventures, where you stumble upon hundreds of programmer-written, autistic NPCs who drone on about garrisons, defenses and politics in a manner that makes The Phantom Menace look well-written.

The dream of translating pen&paper reactive worlds into computer form has died a long time ago. Now the big publishers only make extroverts' games. All flash, all nauseatingly "epic", taking place in railroaded and dead worlds.

Dark have been my dreams of late.

The lack of reactivity is what makes me really sour about Open World games nowdays as well Farcry 2/3/4 are all the same game... Dragon Age Inquisition also has this problem, and is nearly like a slightly more focused Skyrim in that regard... at least some stuff really does happen in the world. But reactivity... the army that is supposed to ravage the lands is always nothing but a phantom and nobody really cares about it until it stands right in front of your door, quite literally, twice even.

Argh, mate... be careful of spoilers next time! Now I know Skyhold will get sieged. I kinda expected it would happen, but not knowing for sure is what makes it interesting.

But Skyhold does not fall under siege When you see it you will know what I mean Until then it should make you wonder ,p

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 8, 2014, 04:48 eRe4s3r

shihonage wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 04:41:
No really, Skyrim is ankle-deep. You can finish the game, go around talk to NPCs, and they'll treat you like nothing happened. There are far too few choice&consequence checks, and the world isn't really reactive in any meaningful way.

Bethesda doesn't know how to do any better. Fallout 3's world reactivity was a pale shadow of Fallout 1 and 2. It too was an ankle-deep game, using the same engine no less.

We live in an age where publishes combine genres to appease everyone. That's how you get clumsy realtime first-person combat in your RPGs (Skyrim) and have to skin boars to get a second weapon slot in your FPSs (Far Cry).

That's why Assassin's Creed and Watchdogs are essentially the same game.

IQs dropped sharply enough in the past decade for people to stop distinguishing between a world which reacts to player agency, and a mere walking simulator.

For the most part, what we have today is walking simulators, all merging into this omni-genre of mass consumption. They're no longer games, but spreadsheets in 3D clothing, stamped out one after another off a conveyor belt.

All of them about "epic" bombastic adventures, where you stumble upon hundreds of programmer-written, autistic NPCs who drone on about garrisons, defenses and politics in a manner that makes The Phantom Menace look well-written.

The dream of translating pen&paper reactive worlds into computer form has died a long time ago. Now the big publishers only make extroverts' games. All flash, all nauseatingly "epic", taking place in railroaded and dead worlds.

Dark have been my dreams of late.

The lack of reactivity is what makes me really sour about Open World games nowdays as well Farcry 2/3/4 are all the same game... Dragon Age Inquisition also has this problem, and is nearly like a slightly more focused Skyrim in that regard... at least some stuff really does happen in the world. But reactivity... the army that is supposed to ravage the lands is always nothing but a phantom and nobody really cares about it until it stands right in front of your door, quite literally, twice even.

And don't even get me started on Assassins Creed , Watchdogs and Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor. All 3 are the same games essentially. Mixed up with a slight bit of dynamic, but ZERO reactivity. Even the much touted nemesis system is nothing but bullshit and really adds nothing to the game reactivity at all....

Even stuff like GTA lacks any real DEPTH to it's world.

When you think about it a lot of games really had very low world reactivity. Even good stuff like Torment, Baldurs Gate and such had great story and writing but world reactivity? You could kill certain people and other people might care, but it was all pretty shallow...

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
7. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Dec 6, 2014, 13:01 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 12:19:
And this will be fun why? Neat tech, but I'm not seeing any actual gameplay. Where...what...is the actual game? And I wish those fucking clowns watching these things live would shut up and stop cheering like lemmings. Are they really that easily amused/impressed?

Pretty much my thoughts as well.. gameplay? Where? Like any procedural game it will only have the "fresh" exploration element going for it. Until you see the patterns and discover there is no depth to the game at all. You are paddling in a shallow puddle of gameplay water...

If they had strong gameplay depth then they would show it in trailers.. the lack of that means they have ZERO depth

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
20. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 13:27 eRe4s3r

bobbyric wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 13:13:
D&D franchise would just be a nightmare (why do you figure Bioware stopped working with wizards of the coast)

Yeah I wish someone in the "know" would talk about the why and how concerning this... is there any known reason why absolutely NO DEV AT ALL touches DnD 4.0 rulesets for games ?

15. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 12:12 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 11:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 11:19:
I mean the original Bards Tale ;P

I figured, but Anachronox was better than that one too.
Besides, they already did a Bard's Tale remake not that long ago.

But you both have good argment actually.. I loved Anachronox and wouldn't mind if that were the game they are making. That would be awesome.... but I don't think inExile can make 3rd person RPG's ;p

The rights to Anachronox lie with Square/Eidos and they don't seem like the kind of guys to give up IPs. I also don't think inXile has a single former Anachronox dev working for them, so it wouldn't really even be much of a fit.

I'm actually pretty curious now as to what game it will be.

90% of the fun is the speculation... But I don't think many people really *asked* for a Bard's Tale sequel. They said it's something they've been pestered to do.. and I can't really think of anything else either. There is even older stuff they could mean.. something like Dark Sun: Shattered Lands

But I doubt many people remember that ;p

12. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 11:19 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 11:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:19:
panbient wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:09:
Please be HD Anachronox with the rest of the story.

Others, far better RPG's come to mind

Bard's Tale
Baldurs Gate
Icewind Dale

Baldur's Gate and IWD are owned by Beamdog now, afaik, so probably no chance for that. And Anachronox was better than Bard's Tale.

I mean the original Bards Tale

But you both have good argment actually.. I loved Anachronox and wouldn't mind if that were the game they are making. That would be awesome.... but I don't think inExile can make 3rd person RPG's ;p

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 5, 2014, 11:15 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 09:29:
In case anyone else was trying to figure out what the fuck "boxen" meant:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/boxen

Whenever the register uses slang like this, in my mind I imagine a drug addict writing these articles. Because to me for some reason, slang like that is linked to drug addiction and the lowest of the lowest human beings. Guess I am weird ;p

8. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 10:43 eRe4s3r

panbient wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:19:

Bard's Tale
Baldurs Gate
Icewind Dale

Aren't those the whole point behind Pillars of Eternity?

Plus BG was recently redone and ID has been announced for the same treatment.

Quite so But maybe they saw the success of PoE and figure they could do either of these 3? Unlike PoE there is still room for more rpg's with the new DnD ruleset (exactly zero games use 4.0)

News Comments > Red Faction Guerilla Patch Removes GFWL
18. Re: Red Faction Guerilla Patch Removes GFWL Dec 5, 2014, 10:25 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 11:57:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 18:18:
Did they fix the sound bug? I mean the one where all sounds are extremely low volume except a FEW sounds close to you? Sounds like you have head in a metal barrel

Am I the only one with that problem? ;p

No, I had that too, but there was always a very easy work-around, though I forget what it was...

Well for 1 I couldn't resist Sound bug is nowhere to be seen.. eh, heard

5. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 10:22 eRe4s3r

Soulburner wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:20:
Arcanum?

Rights owned by Activision.. so good luck on that

3. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 10:19 eRe4s3r

panbient wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 10:09:

Bard's Tale
Baldurs Gate
Icewind Dale

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2014, 09:35 eRe4s3r

Why bother with backdoors, when Sony is one giant backdoor? ;p that backdoor that hackers carried over 10tb of data out... holy fuck  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 4, 2014, 02:41 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 23:56:
And I'd rather see big biz and the elites actually paying their fair share. There's more than enough to go around, they're just hoarding it all.

And hoarding is what will end the system... so why stop them? Let them hoard more and more and the system will collapse faster....

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 3, 2014, 22:59 eRe4s3r

Only 1 thing of note

And in Nottingham, at the GameCity festival, she was warm, funny and entertaining, joking with fellow game designers Ed Stern and Chris Avellone in a talk about the writing process

That explains why he doesn't want to write romances....

News Comments > Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under
51. Re: Target Halts Grand Theft Auto V Sales Down Under Dec 3, 2014, 18:23 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 18:17:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 18:09:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 17:07:
Did they ban The Wire too? They kill prostitutes, women, cops, and women cops undercover as prostitutes in that show.

What about Game of Thrones? Is that banned in AUS-Land?

<snark>Those are TV shows intended for a mature audience, you can't compare them to children's toys like GTA!</snark>

The joke is Target still sells the bluray edition of Game of Thrones

So if we got 40000 fake people together we can get any item delisted from Target? I'd say we should start with cigarettes, alcohol and any vegetable. Because.. uhm, feelings are hurt!

News Comments > Red Faction Guerilla Patch Removes GFWL
13. Re: Red Faction Guerilla Patch Removes GFWL Dec 3, 2014, 18:18 eRe4s3r

Did they fix the sound bug? I mean the one where all sounds are extremely low volume except a FEW sounds close to you? Sounds like you have head in a metal barrel

Am I the only one with that problem? ;p

8056 Comments. 403 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo