Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6293 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 5, 2013, 02:54 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 23:01:
That Nvidia romance with Linux sure didn't last long.

What if that Linux romance has the power to make your business a living hell because MS can deny you access to future Windows versions before they release in retribution?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. i7-4770K 45% faster than AMD FX-4170 Oct 4, 2013, 01:40 eRe4s3r

There, saved you clicking on it

Also, is anyone surprised? AMD can't salvage the Bulldozer CPU line no matter how much they tweak it. It's got a good power rating but it's got crap performance (and if you compare 1 core vs core 1 the result is disastrous)

By the way, 4770k is only 10% faster then Sandybridge-E cpu of comparable build.. that's pretty damn terrible. Is it because AMD is no competition anymore?

News Comments > Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes?
12. Re: Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes? Oct 3, 2013, 14:04 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 13:47:
LgFriess wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 13:42:
Tim Collins wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 12:04:
5% performance increase here we come!

Ya, serious question here, what does 64 bit really allow that 32 bit does not. When I built my system years ago, I just went 64 bit because all the guides and forums I was getting my info from said it was the way to go. Never really looked into why though. So could somebody enlighten a non-tech brain here.

Access for the system to more than 4 gig of ram, and a single process to use more than 2 or 3 (depending on if you cheat).

And higher floating point precision/accuracy as well as no more rounding errors in any math function. Larger arrays, larger integers, everything larger, and faster math calculations (as 64bit also means you can compile with x64 specific compiler flags). Which allows for vastly superior AI and Physics. One of the things that 64bit does for example, is VASTLY more accurate hit-boxes and collisions.

Not to mention that x64 allows for better threading to due better memory management (essentially a proper x64 app will be slightly faster per THREAD which will make a big difference once 8, 12 and 16 core CPU's come out ,p)

News Comments > Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders
6. Re: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preorders Oct 3, 2013, 13:50 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 12:04:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 11:38:
Nathan Stewart, Brand Director for D&D at Wizards of the Coast. “As we continue to expand our world-class storytelling on digital platforms, it is great to bring this classic to new devices and share the rich fantasy of D&D with new fans.”

Is this the same Wizards of the Coast Brand Director who refused the licensing of the Planescape milieu to the Project: Eternity group?

? I was under the impression project eternity was always going to be their own IP. Are you thinking of inXile's Torment project that switched to Numenera because they couldn't get Planescape?

Indeed, Project Eternity was always going to be a unique fantasy world with new concepts. (Remembering that because it's why I supported the Eternity KS)

News Comments > Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes?
4. Re: Watch Dogs & Assassin's Creed 4 Require 64-Bit OSes? Oct 3, 2013, 10:39 eRe4s3r

Jedi Master wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 10:36:
32-bit is dead.

Hallelujah !

News Comments > On Sale
3. NotOnSteamSale Oct 3, 2013, 06:34 eRe4s3r

Ok there are good sales... but I'd never buy games from Desura ~.~ Is there no way these games can come to GMG or GOG? Why the heavens do I have to buy them on Desura of all places (don't ask why, I simply do not like the store)

Also Greenlight is a complete disaster nowadays, you need what, 1 million votes to get in now? How the fuck is an indy supposed to do THAT?

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2013, 06:46.

2. Re: BF4 Oct 3, 2013, 01:13 eRe4s3r

There is no fix for that stutter issue... I have it, lot's of people have it. I know people say it's a beta.. but ain't no point beta testing that doesn't run.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed
4. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 2, 2013, 14:29 eRe4s3r

This is one of these franchise where they can't milk it enough if you ask me. More Deus Ex means one or more of these Deus Ex may actually be as good as Human Revolution, or better even.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 AMD Driver Issue?
18. Re: Battlefield 4 AMD Driver Issue? Oct 2, 2013, 12:50 eRe4s3r

Shineyguy wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 11:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 05:11:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 03:17:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 01:43:
BF4 is just fucked now anyway. Tons of people can't even join servers. Origin locks up, BF doesn't start, lots of fun! Oh, and GTA V online doesn't work for me either! Fuck, it's been such a fun day!

I was just hanging at "loading" with a black screen and I could hear stuff going on in the match including voip, if I alt+tab out and then alt+tab in it'll connect proper.

Considering the horrible performance you get in BF4 it's not surprising they did the beta this short before release. I wonder if I can still cancel my pre-order at this point...

Yes, because a beta pre-release build is an indication of what the final product will be... I also have no issues with performance. Game runs a little slower in Conquest than it does in Domination, but the map is bigger and more chaotic.

Also, I find it funny that the AMD sponsored title is having so many issues on AMD cards.

And what is your point? As I said MAJORITY of all posts are about stuttering, NOT PERFORMANCE. STUTTERING / JITTERY motion. Ain't got nothing to do with performance. The fucking game stutters for us. Like someone hit the framestep button and turned it to 11. And that IS indicative of a major engine issue. You telling me they will suddenly magically tune the game to run smooth for us in the 27 days till release? In fact it is the same stuttering issue I have seen in Planetside 2 (and only there)... weird

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2013, 13:07.

14. Re: Battlefield 4 AMD Driver Issue? Oct 2, 2013, 11:03 eRe4s3r

born2expire wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 10:39:
i'm having really no issues with BF4 (origin keeps crashing when i join a sever but it doesnt affect BF4) and my performance is fantastic (80-100fps on Ultra).

Then you are the lucky 1% Seriously, 90% of the posts in battlelog are about stuttering issues. I have them, everyone in my battlelog friend list has them, even my neighbor has them (not kidding) if that isn't fixed before the beta ends I am canceling my pre-order. I had plenty of grief with the horrible state Rome 2 released in, but BF4 is a fucking joke (seriously, I have stutter that makes playing this game completely unfun, great fps aside that, but terrible stuttering issues)

Thankfully I didn't pre-order this anywhere where I get a key before the release, so meh. I guess it'll be x: Rebirth that entertains me, and not BF4

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Patched
5. Re: Total War: ROME II Patched Oct 2, 2013, 08:50 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 06:57:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 04:13:
Played it, first battle 2 troops (navy garrison) land walk to some remote corner and do the hula dance back and forth for 30 minutes...

So maybe patch 6 will finally fix this mess that is the AI

Well Ive seen some pretty strange glitches in this game, not seen that one, but yeah maybe by patch 6 things will be where they should be.

I kind of like the crazy mindless AI though. I find its much more realistic. Thousands of soldiers in melee is basically a dice throw anyway. Only discipline, and experience gave the Romans any advantage really.

It happens in every non capital siege battle where there is a navy garrison that is a reinforcement and when you split your forces so that you attack from 2 sides from land. The AI lands the garrison ships, unloads and moves em to the right side of the harbor, where it parks em. When you then are hidden from sight (Forests) the AI doesn't know what to do anymore and moves units back and forth (about 5m) infinitely, I ran them down with my general when they were "exhausted" ;p from dancing, that is. Both skirmishers.

12. Re: Battlefield 4 AMD Driver Issue? Oct 2, 2013, 05:11 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 03:17:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 01:43:
BF4 is just fucked now anyway. Tons of people can't even join servers. Origin locks up, BF doesn't start, lots of fun! Oh, and GTA V online doesn't work for me either! Fuck, it's been such a fun day!

I was just hanging at "loading" with a black screen and I could hear stuff going on in the match including voip, if I alt+tab out and then alt+tab in it'll connect proper.

Considering the horrible performance you get in BF4 it's not surprising they did the beta this short before release. I wonder if I can still cancel my pre-order at this point...

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Patched
2. Re: Total War: ROME II Patched Oct 2, 2013, 04:13 eRe4s3r

Played it, first battle 2 troops (navy garrison) land walk to some remote corner and do the hula dance back and forth for 30 minutes...

So maybe patch 6 will finally fix this mess that is the AI

News Comments > SimCity Modding Discussion
10. Re: SimCity Modding Discussion Oct 2, 2013, 01:43 eRe4s3r

Not to mention that with the small map size adding new buildings would be completely pointless.... just sad really  

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Beta
1. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta Oct 1, 2013, 07:59 eRe4s3r

Someone should have told AMD that the BF4 Beta is 64bit only  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads
35. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Oct 1, 2013, 07:53 eRe4s3r

Linksil wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 05:39:
Played one round... I need to pick out and order a 760 tomorrow. Not sure if it was frame rate or lag or what but the movement felt way off.

It's server lag that causes that issue, it seems like netcode is better but servers can't handle all these physics.. maybe a bug in the x64 executable... but I only played 10 or so rounds. Game has fantastic atmosphere though. Seeing the skycraper fall is stunning and sounds stunning. Though some of the weapon sounds are pretty hit and miss.

Also these nvidia beta drivers better not be the final word on BF4 performance

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 30, 2013, 23:01 eRe4s3r

[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 21:58:
I may not be the brightest troll on Blues News but even I know that its 1000 miles to a satellite and back. Thats 53 ms added to my lag when I am PWNING YOUR ASS on COD. Not that it would matter but its still too much lag DUDE...Might miss my headshot.

Funnier is that this tech apparently has a 90 MINUTE latency because it doesn't stream, it takes your transmission, stores it, waits till it it's over target area and sends it. And if a storm cloud is between you and the satellite the speed is DRASTICALLY lower to boot. Internet of the future haha... ;p

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag in November
3. Re: PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag in November Sep 30, 2013, 22:55 eRe4s3r

I don't care when it comes up. I want to be pirating and looting on PC and will wait till I can! (Also, What the flying black flagged fuck -> Exclusive missions per retailer? ) That's.. lame.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads
29. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 22:27 eRe4s3r

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 22:18:
Anyone pre-order from Play-sc.com? A month ago I bought Company of Heroes 2 from them.. no issues.

Any thoughts? It's 53.00 for BF4 + China Rising

If I bought this version, would I get in early beta?
http://play-sc.com/Battlefield-4-PC-Download-Origin-Key.html

I don't think so. It says : November 1st 2013 as delivery time. And that's when they send the key. You'd need the key now (or BF3 premium) to get access to the beta.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Sep 30, 2013, 22:17 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 20:11:
Oh, wait. I get it. I thought you were telling me to use q [ ] q instead, not saying it was the cause of the error.

Yeah I worded it badly ;p The quote is broken by the very first letter of the first word of a post, if that is a Q the quote tag is closed because ] Q is valid shorthand. (without the space)

Doesn't happen too often, but it's pretty dang confusing when it does.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2013, 22:23.

6293 Comments. 315 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo