Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6311 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Rumor
26. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Rumor Oct 11, 2013, 20:14 eRe4s3r

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 23:45:
Wow, I just looked at Sempai's history. I got banned for mentioning Christ and this person is full of hate and he is still here? Wow, Jesus must offend the weak minded. With that said, back on topic. Grand theft auto? Never played it!

I hear the Romans own the copyright to all that....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Ship Design Competition
17. Re: Star Citizen Ship Design Competition Oct 11, 2013, 20:03 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 13:37:
John wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 13:23:
BadIronTree wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 12:46:
Also check out the new ships :D
Retaliator
Gladiator
Pretty cool stuff! I wonder if the single-player campaign will include the same ships that are in MP though..

No. The single player campaign takes places in the military. You'll be flying military ships. I guess there could be an "undercover" mission where you'd fly other ships...

I really hope that is not all SP is gonna be.... especially since we were promised that we could run our own servers and mods.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Dark Eye - Demonicon
2. Re: Gone Gold - The Dark Eye - Demonicon Oct 11, 2013, 17:48 eRe4s3r

I don't know about that, but judging from the screenshots this looks like every other half-assed fantasy action-rpg I ever played.

Is it too much to ask for some innovation in gameplay or at least the setting?

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2013, 20:15.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Rumor
21. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Rumor Oct 11, 2013, 07:13 eRe4s3r

I wouldn't mind if Halloween were to disappear entirely  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 11, 2013, 07:07 eRe4s3r

You missed the more obvious revelation, namely that the game won't have quick saves. Imagine playing Thief: Deadly Shadows without quicksaves, you'd pull your hair out.

This is typical design hogwash when you make a 100% console game. Or more to the point, mass market appeal at 11.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2013, 07:14.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: Sexualized avatars affect the real world, researchers find. Oct 11, 2013, 04:10 eRe4s3r

I still don't get what the problem is. So pretty things in virtual worlds are pretty in the real world too? Weeee, science. Apparently these researchers just discovered that we like pretty things. Nobel price for them!  

News Comments > Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation
31. Re: Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation Oct 9, 2013, 18:56 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 18:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 16:44:
He is 2 years too late for the party. Planetary Annihilation is where it's at now. Shooting stuff on planets? How quaint... we now shoot asteroids at planets.

I still can't believe how badly Square Enix fucked up Sup Com 2

Heh. Still, PA coming out this year. TA 2 won't come out until 2015 at the earliest. By then we'll be hankering for something new.

True enough, but how much "new" can he do that isn't done by PA? Just figure that by 2015 we'll have much cooler toys to play with than PA or TA 2

Personally, I am hoping the Oculus Rift is going to be what I hope it to be. Because a good full immersive VR device that is not just gimicky because of technical failings could revolutionize gaming immersion on a level that is simply beyond our imagination right now. But when you experienced that immersion, can you go back to playing normal games? Or will it be boring? ^^

News Comments > Thief Gameplay Trailer
24. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 9, 2013, 18:46 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 18:14:
Lets sum up the crapfactors:

No free jumping
QTE's (cuties?)
Forced third person perspective moments
Garrett's face
Garrett's voice
No hammerites (by the Maker, what!?)
No mysterious other-worldliness
Dishonored sensa magica
No FOV adjustment

I'm gonna bury my face in my palm now. Nn.

If they had put the Hammerites in then they couldn't have recycled Garret in that city hehe...

Aside that, what you say pretty much is what I fear. It's gonna be a 0% risk 100% console game. Context sensitive jumping is by far the stupidest thing though.

Also, I'd still not get this game even if there were cuties in it, but I fear they are just gonna put more QTEs in.

23. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 9, 2013, 18:35 eRe4s3r

Scheherazade wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 18:25:
Overon wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 17:35:
I wanted Thief style game. I did not want Thief with the Dishonored style "supernatural" powers. Dishonored was very good however. Dishonored Thief is what we are getting, sadly.

Not sure if you played the later thief games, but as the series went on there was more and more occult stuff going on.

-scheherazade

The last parts of the last Thief game were spent running away from a creepy as hell witch too including an banishing of her at the end. Not to mention voodoo stuff and creepy hag covens.. so yeah, occult stuff was always rooted in Thief.

I am just kinda sad they do away with the ending of Thief 3 (or was it 2?).. personally I'd have preferred if we had played as the Orphan girl and not as Garret who I always thought was mortally ill at the end?.... *points for anyone who still remembers what I even talk about here.

I think a more fragile, more feminine thief would have lent to a much more careful approach by the player, not to mention that they could have put Garret still in there somehow and maybe done some proper story telling for once....

It's just too bad nobody does a true open world Thief game or tries anything with a slight risk attached (female lead) ;/ And I am not saying that because I am pro-feminine or whatever, I just am getting bored of them recycling characters that have absolutely no reason to still be in that city. And sorry, but Garret would be dead 5 seconds after stepping into that city ever again. He pissed off some mightily powerful forces, and they will never forget what he did.

Anyhow...

News Comments > Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation
27. Re: Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation Oct 9, 2013, 16:44 eRe4s3r

He is 2 years too late for the party. Planetary Annihilation is where it's at now. Shooting stuff on planets? How quaint... we now shoot asteroids at planets.

I still can't believe how badly Square Enix fucked up Sup Com 2

News Comments > ShootMania Storm Elite Demo
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2013, 16:29 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 12:41:
Ugh...basically if you loved the original UT and Quake3, then this is your game, otherwise stay away...far away...Team play? Yeah, if you can get your 'team' to shut up for two seconds and not have them curse you out in the same amount of time....

=-Rigs-=

I think it's pretty hilarious they make an entire game around insta-gib mutator from UT or Quake 2/3 for that matter. It was fun for a match or 2, but then everyone on my LAN wanted it disabled again (CTF-Face was always hilarious with bots on godlike and insta-gib + low gravity mode on) we even made our own custom "pwnage" bot with accuracy 100% no matter what bot difficulty was set (so even on lame-bot mode where they don't return fire, that bot could spawn) that had a random chance of 1 out of 64 to actually spawn in a match, and when it did the AI pwned us utterly and every kill we got against it was celebrated, ah the good old times.

I kinda miss these shooters.... sadly nobody does em anymore.

Ps.: Team play in insta-gib? Good joke. The one with the most skill is the one who's gonna win, teamplay doesn't matter in 3 v 3 if the skills aren't matched.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2013, 16:35.

13. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 9, 2013, 14:51 eRe4s3r

Techie714 wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 13:38:
Cancelled my pre-order with Greenman after reading that article on PC Gamer this morning....

Did you expect any different with Square Enix behind it? A company that can't even spell innovation and bravado anymore..... This Thief will be 100% mass market appeal-tweaked and casual friendly. After Tomb Raider and Deus EX: HR didn't meet their fantasy goals they will now cater to the lowest common denominator... and that denominator is dumb as a brick with a 5 second attention span.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass Announced
6. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass Announced Oct 9, 2013, 09:23 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 09:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 07:55:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 01:08:
Does it include the ability to not have to put in the 2nd damn disc if you want to play multiplayer?

Yeah, it's called buying a PC.

For some reason this comment just makes me picture some guy in his basement going MUUUUUUUM I'M TRYIN TO RAID BE QUIET!!

I have little interest in a season pass for games like this, the DLC is rarely worth the price of admission.

For me so far of 3 "season pass" deals only 1 was worth it.. (And I include Premium for BF3 in that, which offered a very good deal if you got it from GMG)

Borderlands 2 was probably the biggest disappointment. Yeah they did some decent stuff, but I thought they would EXPAND the game, not create solitary islands of content that you can't find anywhere else in the game that are so heavily level restricted that you can forget doing them and finding any challenge in the main game ever again.

Only on the 3rd playthrough (super silly mega tomb raider vault hunter deluxe mode*) or whatever, was there any challenge, and mainly because playing Solo the game just showed you the finger and presented you with enemies that could 1 hit kill you and then dead-lock your revival.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass Announced
4. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Season Pass Announced Oct 9, 2013, 07:55 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 01:08:
Does it include the ability to not have to put in the 2nd damn disc if you want to play multiplayer?

Yeah, it's called buying a PC.

News Comments > First 5 Minutes of BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Trailered
8. Re: First 5 Minutes of BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Trailered Oct 8, 2013, 12:55 eRe4s3r

Necrophob wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 11:17:
I see the game is still heavy on "elevator exposition".

And the npc's didn't react to you walking there at all.. looks like they just re-used 99% of the art assets and called it a day.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 8, 2013, 08:58 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 22:08:
They should change this guy's title to ACIV Cheerleader. How does he have time to direct anything?

Well the game is done directing and just in the last stage of release.. so he's kinda without work ;p

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements
28. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements Oct 8, 2013, 08:55 eRe4s3r

Pumas wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 02:56:
Whoa. Uhhhh...I guess there was always going to be a time when my 4 year old build was going to become obsolete, I just didn't realize it was going to be by a game that historically has 10 hours of gameplay.

I'm short on the proc, RAM and just barely passing on the vid card.

But I have a solution! I never planned to buy the damn game in the first place, so my machine is safe...for now.

10 hours of gameplay? Blops had like 4

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2013, 13:29 eRe4s3r

Competing with the bottom feeders isn't a recipe for success.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 5, 2013, 02:54 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 23:01:
That Nvidia romance with Linux sure didn't last long.

What if that Linux romance has the power to make your business a living hell because MS can deny you access to future Windows versions before they release in retribution?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. i7-4770K 45% faster than AMD FX-4170 Oct 4, 2013, 01:40 eRe4s3r

There, saved you clicking on it

Also, is anyone surprised? AMD can't salvage the Bulldozer CPU line no matter how much they tweak it. It's got a good power rating but it's got crap performance (and if you compare 1 core vs core 1 the result is disastrous)

By the way, 4770k is only 10% faster then Sandybridge-E cpu of comparable build.. that's pretty damn terrible. Is it because AMD is no competition anymore?

6311 Comments. 316 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo