Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9279 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2015, 23:18 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 22:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 22:00:

Cats = popular
Zimbabwe = not popular

Sounds about right. No one in the 'social media' gets upset when a lion kill 23 people or an elephant goes on a rampage in Zimbabwe, but suddenly a lion with a name is killed...and OMG...MUH FEEEELLLLLLlllsssss.

Imagine if someone hurt Maru or Grumpy Cat The (digital) (1st) (social) world would be on the brink of war!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 3, 2015, 22:03 eRe4s3r

How dare you bring logical arguments to this brute-force gov action?

15. Re: Zimbabweans baffled by foreign concern for killed lion. Aug 3, 2015, 22:00 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 10:32:
"Zimbabweans baffled by foreign concern for killed lion."

Exactly. A whole lot of free outrage over a dead animal, not a single tear shed over the actual human suffering going on in Zimbabwe. "People without electricity or water? Meh. Lions! OMG let's start a twitter campaign!"

Good work, humanity.

Cats = popular
Zimbabwe = not popular

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 3, 2015, 21:53 eRe4s3r

That google .. should i say rant.. is really REALLY.. true ,/ Who the fuck manages Android Hangout team at Google? Fire that Idiot! Then fire any manager that idiot employed and any sub-managers those managers employed. Then burn the offices, and rebuild the entire thing. Because somewhere in there must be idiocy beyond recognition.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2015, 16:05 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 11:29:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 3, 2015, 11:26:
Finished all four episodes of Life is Strange. Quite possibly one of the most powerful games I've played. That it takes place in a modern setting with amazingly well written characters isn't what sets this gem apart from others. It has consequences that can have devastating results in ways not seen in other games. Even the Witcher series doesn't have consequences quite like the ones found in this game. Life is Strange is the reason why I am a gamer.

Check out my Life is Strange fan art.

That all sounds awesome. Now gimmie that damn 5th episode so I can play it.

QFT

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 2, 2015, 14:21 eRe4s3r

Thanks, this coupled with the registry edit to disable telemetry is going on my "use when needed" list

Holy crap by the way.. that's some insane list ;/

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 2, 2015, 12:57 eRe4s3r

It can also disconnect you from the internet if you have a NAS with torrents already running... indeed, the OS where you have to disable 90% of the features to even use it, and get Enterprise edition to get the only version someone with some IT skills would ever install.. sigh  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2015, 08:55 eRe4s3r

killer_roach wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 20:59:
NKD wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 12:22:
That song proved to be very ironic, considering MTV stopped having significant music video play on its main channel a long time ago, and radio is still alive and well in many forms.

The Buggles sang "Video Killed The Radio Star", then two decades later Robbie Williams sang "Reality Killed The Video Star".

And a decade later, youtube music videos kills them all. (Just look at Gangnam Style ,p)

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2015, 20:33 eRe4s3r

1badmf wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 19:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 18:43:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 16:54:
Star Citizen reddit is full of friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly people.

Why do you care about SC cultists on reddit to begin with? They are the extended abdomen of SC forums...

Glad for you that you got that huge sum of money back though.

And imo this brings up another important issue, try finding out what the current scope of SC is. It's a pain in the ass to find all the information. It's on 60 different platforms, 12 different videos and various youtube interviews... it's a total shitfest to even find any coherent current information on the god damn game. That is never a good sign for a supposed "open development" ;/

scope of the game is getting the individual modules working before combining them all in the persistent universe early next year. arena commander will be the spaceflight part of the game; fps module will be the in person part of the game, and squadron 42 will be the SP campaign to get players started.

Ok, but for example, will I get to choose ships in SQ42? Will it have mandatory shooter elements? Will there be custom load-outs? And will it only be part 1 or will it be the whole experience?

Can't find any info on these questions ;/

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2015, 18:43 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Aug 1, 2015, 16:54:
Star Citizen reddit is full of friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly, friendly people.

Why do you care about SC cultists on reddit to begin with? They are the extended abdomen of SC forums...

Glad for you that you got that huge sum of money back though.

And imo this brings up another important issue, try finding out what the current scope of SC is. It's a pain in the ass to find all the information. It's on 60 different platforms, 12 different videos and various youtube interviews... it's a total shitfest to even find any coherent current information on the god damn game. That is never a good sign for a supposed "open development" ;/

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Delayed
6. Re: Mighty No. 9 Delayed Aug 1, 2015, 07:50 eRe4s3r

This is how you run a Kickstarter... in the ground.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2015, 10:57 eRe4s3r

Of course it's hypocrisy.. but that stream he was banned for was BY FAR the worst of the SGDQ 2015... and I mean it.. the absolute, pants down, worst.

That they banned his own twitch account is of course total bullshit nonsense But that's Twitch for ya...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 31, 2015, 10:14 eRe4s3r

If it's talking about the Crash Bandicot 2 speedrun, then that deserved banning for a lot of reasons, but certainly not bullshit pseudo psycho crazies being "triggered" ... and tumblerites (hah)  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut in October
8. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut in October Jul 31, 2015, 08:07 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 21:07:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 20:09:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 19:39:
Bummer. I thought it'd be here sooner. That's cutting it kind of close to Fallout's release date.

I'm not complaining really. It's a free update for me.

Between the Director's Cut of Wasteland 2 and Fallout 4, I'm much more interested in W2DC. That game was great in spite of being a buggy mess on release day, it'll be amazing(hopefully!) with the added content and other patches.

D:OS EE will be in that time frame as well.

Remains to be seen whether that really warrants a replay of D:OS though...

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: After publishing secret spy docs, German news site investigated for treason Jul 31, 2015, 06:26 eRe4s3r

NamecaF wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 03:06:
Really? None of your leftist nuts are gonna comment on this? Oh right, it's not America.

You should see the reactions to this in Germany....

Last time German journalists were charged with treason was in 1962 and since the highest court in Germany had repeatably judged that sources are protected and journalists do NOT violate the law when they publish secret government docs.

This investigation is against the law. And the dude that pushes for it knows it.. it's pure political bullshit with the sole goal to instill fear in potential sources and journalists.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed Jul 30, 2015, 19:05 eRe4s3r

Can be in BF4 so I would guess it is the same for Battlefront.. lets assume they too will forget Hardline ever existed

Also these pickups need to be randomized.... if they are not.. well.. think BF4 and pickups to know why that is not good

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2015, 18:54 eRe4s3r

Phasenoise wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 18:47:
Most of the games are crappy little minimum wage job simulators too, involving some idiotic little tedium to do daily.

As it says, there isn't even really a winning, or defeating some cool system. There's just outspending or outgrinding other people.

How is this possibly fun?

Beats me... all I can think of is that suckers are somehow lured in by peer pressure (guild/clan aka pseudo friends pressuring em to join, and then they don't want to lose pseudo social status.. or some other related bullshit that never made any sense to me)

Funnily I get the addiction cycle for say, free to play games like Clickers (zero gameplay, but as progression quest showed, people like watching things progress) But a free to play title is only free as long as you don't pay money. Which is why I literally never ever spent a single cent on a micro transaction.

Maybe I am to oldschool

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2015, 18:32 eRe4s3r

You know, this makes me really glad that I am apparently immune to that kind of addiction. I tested a few of these games, I uninstalled them 10 minutes later. The core gameplay hook with the timer and unlock garbage is so transparent (most of the time the games have quick beginning reward cycles that extend to minutes, hours, days, and then, months! that I felt insulted they even tried this shit on me.

These idiots are not "losing money".. they spending money by their own free will. The same free will that apparently made them buy an overpriced iPhone... hah

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2015, 16:52 eRe4s3r

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 14:29:
Story on how to disable telemetry

There...

I think the telemetry data is only for apps but who knows.

I hope you guys concerned about privacy in your OS are more concerned about what's happening on the web. It is trivial to fingerprint your browser and follow your unique ID all over the place - and that's just to start.

The difference is that my web-browser doesn't know what's on my encrypted 20tb storage... but the Explorer.exe certainly does thanks to shit ton of registry hidden history and last-access nonsense.

And equally I am pretty sure that anyone who wants privacy is well aware of this -> https://panopticlick.eff.org/

Btw:
only one in 566,112 browsers have the same fingerprint as yours... sigh stupid Firefox is still shouting plugin support even if it's "click to activate" .. a bug called out for as long as this site is up

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2015, 13:38 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 10:48:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 10:01:
I will never install Windows 10. Check this out.
Microsoft’s new small print – how your personal data is (ab)used

Why on Earth would anyone install an OS that so blatantly spies on it's users?

I may have gotten this link from someone here on Bluesnews yesterday.

EDIT: I stopped using Windows 10 over 6 months ago because of all the spying and MS promised that all that would be removed by release and the data was only being used to improve Windows 10. I guess that was a steaming pile of bullshit. All the shills were repeating the same PR lines. I hope that this destroys MS. F*&^ them!

yeah, you can turn all of that stuff off in the initial setup. good luck holding out though, I'm sure this whole "horseless carriage" thing is just a fad too.

This bold part is wrong.

There are telemetry / privacy settings you can NOT turn off, unless you have the Enterprise edition. These continue to transmit all installed applications, including filenames and everything else linked in any way to a MS application on your PC, to MS.

To disable what you CAN you have to spend a good few minutes scrawling through settings

https://i.imgur.com/iHge6RJ.jpg

And this still leaves you with a giant gaping security hole. Telemetry information includes IP, MAC Address, Ethernet names, Devices attached, Hardware included etc. and can be used to create a unique fingerprint of you including a complete usage statistic of everything you do on your PC.

So imo this is a huge privacy issue.

9279 Comments. 464 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo