Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8453 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 19, 2015, 12:48 eRe4s3r

8 million for a card game that is Russian roulette with cards... uhm.. ok

Faith in humanity -200k

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux
4. Re: Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux Feb 19, 2015, 10:07 eRe4s3r

I'll believe Broken Age Act 2 exists when I have it (and it's longer than 3 hours) Act 1 was a huge disappointment when at the same you have stuff like The Dark Eye - Memoria or Chains of Satinav. That has both a gripping story, complex characters and exceptional artwork.

Grmpf.. still kinda regretting buying that..

General Discussion > This Is the Police
4. Title / Subject Feb 18, 2015, 17:57 eRe4s3r

Sadly this KS shows that you need to actually be fully behind it 24/7 if you want to succeed.

an entire week without updates, no greenlight campaign.. etc.

If I were to do a KS, it'd be synced with a greenlight campaign on Steam, a proper demonstration of gameplay, and updates that I'd have planned out ahead of time every 1 or 2 days.

And most importantly, KS sells hope, not games.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 18, 2015, 17:06 eRe4s3r

Is there anything comparable to Google Translate on the Surface 3 (Where you can take a picture and it translates the foreign text in it to your language?)

News Comments > Pollen Warning
8. Re: Pollen Warning Feb 18, 2015, 07:19 eRe4s3r

That fan when the VR reveal comes, is pointed directly at her neck.. which is not very healthy  

News Comments > Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay
4. Re: Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth to Add 100-200 Hours of Gameplay Feb 17, 2015, 13:16 eRe4s3r

While it is nice from the devs... I never really got what made this game fun for people... feel like I am missing out on something, but all the time I try to play this it bores me.. mhh..  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 17, 2015, 13:15 eRe4s3r

Let's see.. console funding goals... haha I am only backing PC games...  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 17, 2015, 07:32 eRe4s3r

The matrix is broken  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 16, 2015, 15:06 eRe4s3r

Codemasters is pretty much over for me. All their racing games are casual and dumbed down, that is to be expected nowadays sadly. Haven't had a Codemasters game with proper Force Feedback ever... how sad is that. ;/

Richard Burns Rally was the only racing sim that actually made me feel like I was driving a car at high speed and doing things I should seriously never be doing with a real car The cars felt so utterly raw and powerful. Heh

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
30. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 14:53 eRe4s3r

The let's player did not read any of the notes, but he played it normally actually.. and even got stuck twice for a good 5 minutes. Not anywhere near speed running. Believe me, if you speed run this, from the looks of it you can do it in 4 hours or less. Especially if you know how to skip dialog, which seems to be a thing here to accelerate cutscenes. And yes, tons of cutscenes. Barely any gameplay beyond shooting.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2015, 05:01 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 15:23:
Note to self: Avoid going to Cardiff. Out of 945 restaurants a prison gets top honours? Wow.

Valentine's Day? What's love, got to do, got to do with it?

A 12% re-offend rate is absolutely fantastic too. 88% working there never commit a crime again. That is what jails are supposed to be doing!

And it just shows how motivation can mean everything when you have cooks making food. Since with this program they likely get massive bonus points for parole hearings....

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Feb 15, 2015, 15:07 eRe4s3r

50% off for Defiance is kind of an insult... still can't help but feel that GamersGate is a store that has yet to find any reason of existence.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 15, 2015, 15:00 eRe4s3r

Never use in-app chats, anywhere, ever The age of ICQ /Which also read everything\ should have cured you!  

News Comments > SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition Leaves Early ASCII
2. Re: SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition Leaves Early ASCII Feb 15, 2015, 10:36 eRe4s3r

I didn't want to make a jab at this, but if you want ASCII you can just enable the ASCII filter in SweetFX 2.0.. Makes playing Sim City 5 really hilarious.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Lucius II
8. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Lucius II Feb 15, 2015, 09:39 eRe4s3r

beremot wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 17:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 13:51:
As long as you don't call for its censorship , or hate on steam for selling it, it doesn't really matter now does it. Not everyone has to like everything...

I kinda liked Lucius 1, was a nice puzzle game since you could get caught and the game was quite hilarious

The censorship thing I agree with ... but why can't I "hate on steam for selling it?"

I can't hate their "naked ladies are forbidden but slaughtering innocents is A-okay" policy?

Why not?

Well you can criticize it.. but what point is there to hate steam for it? Don't you think that, if Steam could get away with it, they would sell everything?

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Lucius II
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Lucius II Feb 14, 2015, 13:51 eRe4s3r

As long as you don't call for its censorship , or hate on steam for selling it, it doesn't really matter now does it. Not everyone has to like everything...

I kinda liked Lucius 1, was a nice puzzle game since you could get caught and the game was quite hilarious

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
78. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 13:21 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 11:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 11:36:
And just for the record, the tone in that interview was simply that of one scorned fan. And if you have fans that hate you, maybe you should rethink your PR strategy and not do interviews like this? Nobody forced him at gunpoint to talk with RPS (Which is what it would take to make me talk with em ;p).

Very true, but there would have been blowback from cutting the interview short as well. Even the most wildly successful companies are going to have their scorned critics so there's nothing positive to gain from sparring with them in public.

Yeah, but a good way to not have an entire fanbase that hates you is actually admitting mistakes. Notice at no point does Molyneux say "It was my fault" or admitting that he was the man in charge, despite being the MAN IN CHARGE. That's the kind of people you never want to be anywhere near any position of power.

And from other sources (not the RPS interview) we know that Molyneux is a downright bully to any employee like his ex PR spokesperson if they point out that he makes mistakes. He made 3 highly qualified people quit from 22cans. I think an admission of GUILT would have turned the tone of this Interview. The fact that he tried to occlude that he is in charge with fluffy language wasn't something that the RPS owner himself would let slide He knows PR bullshit and evasion tactics... for he is master of both!

Anyway, it was just something that was in the coming, like a train wreck in slow motion. The tone is sad, but I have no pity for Molyneux. He is the man in charge, and that's all there is to it.

60. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 11:36 eRe4s3r

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 11:12:
Yeah guys, it's fucking bullying. Sorry, don't mean to come off as a hotshot, just saying I have some real world experience with these things.

There's a difference between asking tough questions and what RPS did. Sorry but I don't agree, you guys are mean spirited and want to destroy a human, I just don't subscribe to that shit.

Except he has a 30 year long track-record

Ehem
Jimquisition

And just for the record, the tone in that interview was simply that of one scorned fan. And if you have fans that hate you, maybe you should rethink your PR strategy and not do interviews like this? Nobody forced him at gunpoint to talk with RPS (Which is what it would take to make me talk with em ;p).

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 14, 2015, 09:00 eRe4s3r

Electrocuting yourself while in a tub is hardly news worthy... if this had been a hair drier it would not even have made it here..

So the only connection is that a smart phone was involved? What does it even matter that it was from Apple

42. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 14, 2015, 08:58 eRe4s3r

panbient wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 08:49:
The Magician wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 07:30:
Xil wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 02:11:
took me ages to read the RPS article, they did not go gentle on him and at times I thought he would totally break or something....

We should have RPS interview politicians.

That would require people to actually pay attention to politics with the same level of interest as video games. Hell most gamers wouldn't ever install a game if they paid as much attention to the contents of the EULA as they did to marketing hype they routinely dissect - all for the benefit of what boils down to semantic arguments (they said 'they WILL have this feature' rather than 'they would really like to implement this feature' it's FRAUD!!!!!)

Molyneux already had a reputation as being an idealistic dreamer who routinely overpromised (likely due to getting over excited about the possibility of his projects with no one able to pull him back down to the reality of his projects).

On the other hand RPS made themselves seem like bullies with this interview.

And as for his comment about lies I'm guessing he interprets lying as something with actual intent to deceive. I don't think he does that. I really do think he'd like to deliver on everything he claims. Being unrealistic is not the same as lying. RPS never bothered getting clarification, they just kept pushing their own agenda.

When you say you do something and then you don't, then that is lying Whether that is the case with Godus or not I can't say, but over-promising (even without ill intention) in the act of pitching a not-yet-made-game to investors and funders for them to give you actual money is most definitely lying, especially when you knew beforehand that these promises were impossible to meet.

And it's also worth noting that Interviews over telephone are always going to have iffy tone... it's a completely different thing from doing face-to-face interviews. You need to be an interviewer with iron balls to do this kind of interview in person

8453 Comments. 423 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo