Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6667 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released
16. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 30, 2014, 11:04 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 10:48:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 10:32:
So where is that promised cross vendor compatibility again? You'd think for such a big release as a BF4 render update where 70%+ have Nvidia cards this would be mentioned somewhere....

Thats up to Nvidia to implement. Somehow I doubt that will ever happen.

The thing is I haven't read anything about that aside from AMD's promises that they will "make it open" but nowhere anywhere does it say what the heck that's even supposed to mean. And NVIDIA hasn't said a word about this either... so yeah... silence usually means that nothing is gonna happen ;/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 30, 2014, 10:43 eRe4s3r

So far I am keeping up with that resolution as well...

And seriously, a Dungeon Keeper infected with mobile crap game design is nothing I'd ever want to even SEE, let alone actually play. No doubt it's ruined by retarded timers, cooldowns and grindy micro payments.

The shit on mobile platforms isn't even worthy to be called games...

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released
9. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 30, 2014, 10:32 eRe4s3r

So where is that promised cross vendor compatibility again? You'd think for such a big release as a BF4 render update where 70%+ have Nvidia cards this would be mentioned somewhere....  

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed
9. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed Jan 30, 2014, 04:12 eRe4s3r

What is there left to say about this.... Patch 2.0 is still not out so there is no reason to even reinstall Diablo 3 They got some balls to ask this much for a single act and barely anything else though. Especially only 1 new character that sounds extremely uninspired...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2014, 03:56 eRe4s3r

That Twitter story is very interesting... aside the fact that paypal released the last 4 digits of the card, that alone is not a danger... but GoDaddy letting someone take over an domain with those numbers is a real laugh.

GoDaddy is nothing but a scam nowadays. Avoid them at ALL costs. There are MUCH better domain registrars

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
30. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 30, 2014, 00:35 eRe4s3r

Most pointless intro movie 2014 award right there.... what the fuck has any of that to do with Elder Scrolls ? Aside from the capital city....  

News Comments > Spicy Horse Downsizes Due to Akaneiro Debt
9. Re: Spicy Horse Downsizes Due to Akaneiro Debt Jan 29, 2014, 21:38 eRe4s3r

Another game that failed because of a stupid as hell retarded focus on F2P .. which ruined the entire game.

Nothing of value lost

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 29, 2014, 17:24 eRe4s3r

Arm based huh...excuse me while I go cry in a corner  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Broken Age Act I
15. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Broken Age Act I Jan 29, 2014, 01:56 eRe4s3r

Agree that it's ok for 15$ assuming ACT2 delivers more.. but that's not what they are selling it for now.... and 30$ is a big slap in the face imo. If people would not buy this, then there wouldn't be ACT 2... so the pricing is double unfair. Backers get ACT2 for half the price despite their backing not actually producing ACT2 whatsoever.... oh well...

But I have to say, to me a point and click hinges 100% on the puzzles (and reactions) and everything else is just fluff. Which is why I can accept "so-so" VA and animations, as long as the meat, the story and puzzles, are superb. And Memoria had mind-bending puzzles and a superb gothic medieval atmosphere. Broken Age has charm in it's designs and characters, but it has no atmosphere.

Well imo of course, and it just goes to show.. not every game is for everyone

News Comments > GeForce Beta Drivers
8. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 28, 2014, 20:59 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 18:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 03:49:

So kudos to Nvidia for approaching ATI level of driver quality.. bleh
What are you talking about? Nvidia actually surprased ATI in poor quality about a year ago, when they managed to release 5 months worth of WHQL drivers that did nothing but crash(the TDR problem), and crash so often, and so badly that Nvidia was willing to pay for cardowners in the US to have their rigs shipped to California at their cost to do testing. And we can't forget the 3 further WHQL driver releases which hardlocked, crashed, and froze nearly all 400,500,600 series cards.

Well until now I had 0 problems with Nvidia drivers... this one pissed me off enough to uninstall this entire shitload of bloatware they add in their drivers nowadays. Now it works, no background stream service wasting 15GB of ram (And it did it AGAIN, after I disabled everything I could find in the drivers) ... actually lost about 2 hours of gameplay thanks to this crap... *rage* ;p

11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Broken Age Act I Jan 28, 2014, 16:38 eRe4s3r

Necrophob wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 16:32:
For my $15, I feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

15$ ? here it costs 23€ or more to point after conversion -> 32$

10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Broken Age Act I Jan 28, 2014, 16:36 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 16:32:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 16:23:
Just goes to show you dudes have somehow lost common sense simply because it's a Tim Schafter game.... maybe if you guys played recent Point and Clicks you'd have some bearings left to see this for what it is, a mediocre 4 hour game with lame puzzles.

Whispered World or Memoria are light years ahead of this. Memoria especially. Meh.

Maybe I am the only one who expected MUCH more?

Wait wait wait...us dudes like it, and you don't, but it's our problem?

Of course not, it IS my problem. I am simply bedazzled why you like it all... I thought it was mediocre and I don't understand why you like it.

6. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 28, 2014, 16:27 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 06:11:
GeForce Experience is not the driver, it's optional bloatware. If it doesn't work for you, or you had it configured incorrectly, just remove it.

But that's just it. Shadowplay and all that ARE disabled. Why the heck does it start the background recording service without my doing? And GF Experience is a nice hassle free way to get updates. It'd just be nicer if it didn't have a rambo process that uses all your RAM and nearly crashes the entire OS.

You can't configure this incorrectly either. I have everything disabled/OFF and it started this process anyway.

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Broken Age Act I Jan 28, 2014, 16:23 eRe4s3r

Just goes to show you dudes have somehow lost common sense simply because it's a Tim Schafter game.... maybe if you guys played recent Point and Clicks you'd have some bearings left to see this for what it is, a mediocre 4 hour game with lame puzzles.

Whispered World or Memoria are light years ahead of this. Memoria especially. Meh.

Maybe I am the only one who expected MUCH more?

3. Re: GeForce Beta Drivers Jan 28, 2014, 03:49 eRe4s3r

Speaking of GeForce drivers... installed latest Geforce Experience and get suddenly dropped out of playing CIV4... with a "Your system has no physical memory" message.... which surprised me a bit given I have 16GB Ram...

So I look, and the retarded Nvidia driver had a background task active that used 15GB of RAM (nvBackgroundStream) despite me having all that crap disabled...

So kudos to Nvidia for approaching ATI level of driver quality.. bleh

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Next Month?
20. Re: Titanfall Beta Next Month? Jan 27, 2014, 16:38 eRe4s3r

Jivaro wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 16:19:
wait a minute...

I get seasick playing FPS games because of the FOV? I could play them again if I could adjust the FOV? Here I thought it was just me getting old. Is there some sort of magic number or is it different for different people?

There is no magic number per sé, screen size and distance to your eyes dictate what the "optimal" fov for you is. And yes, wrong fov is why you get seasick.

I use 90 whenever I can. But I've seen games where substantial headbob causes issues too. Brink for example was unplayable for me.

I had hoped we had this issue behind us. Stupid developers need to learn, and if they don't, they deserve a major shit-storm.

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Next Month?
14. Re: Titanfall Beta Next Month? Jan 27, 2014, 16:06 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 15:25:
Dagnamit wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 14:53:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 13:58:
Creston wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 11:09:
Wow, a whole FIVE days of Beta?

It's all EA's fault Laugh

I bet they haven't even put in a FOV adjustment for the PC version.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't have a few graphics options, fov included. It's the source engine, after all. I'd guess valve has been very cooperative with the development of this game.

The 360 version is almost guaranteed to be the most stable. That's where they're hoping to make their hay.

Not having a FOV adjustment is a design decision, not a graphic engine one. If they designed all the assets around 65 fov and setting it higher breaks the animations where you can see into parts of the arms or gun animations then it won't be a quick fix to add in a patch. They also have pre-scripted animations for getting into titans and what not, all of which could break if you set the fov to 90. We'll see, I'll wait for an official announcement on PC specific bells and whistles.

...... seriously? After years of debates you still bring this up?

FOV is not a design choice, wrong fov is a health issue and FOV is dynamic. Fov is not a fucking constant. The closer you get to a screen, the larger the FOV needs to be. All you said is of course correct, FOV makes first person animations tricky but wrong fov makes people sick. And I rather have glitchy animation than headaches and dizziness.

And all that is completely irrelevant anyway, because this is a console shooter. So it will suck.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 27, 2014, 15:22 eRe4s3r

Funnier is that we link to news outlets like CGmagonline that only say this ->
CGMagazine Is under Maintenance

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 27, 2014, 04:35 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 16:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 13:34:
And yet it's the truth... not many old people are "skilled" with the intertubes, like we are that grew up with it. Women much less so than men, and that's not sexist. That's a fact. Even now there is still the stigma that tech jobs are men jobs, and I feel it will take many many years to ever equalize that.

All I'll say is that I've yet to see a good secretary that isn't significantly better with new tech than whomever she's supporting.
Which makes sense, whomever she's supporting hasn't used tech directly in years.

Then there are the bad admins. They bounce around and end up with the exec no one likes.

Yeah, but that's not what I mean. I mean there is a lot less women in tech jobs than there should be. I mean for f* sake, it isn't rocket science (And even rocket science is NOT HARD) so why are women not found in these areas equally as much as men? It's because society has stigmas that should be eradicated. I am not saying this because i am feminist or whatever, but because I think it is a damn shame we lose potentially very skilled people (both male and female) to idiotic society based stigmas involving certain jobs and knowledge areas.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
53. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2014, 04:22 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 01:49:
Instead of designing a game for a bunch of suits, you get to design a game for your actual customers. Are there risks? Sure. But customers are made well aware of these risks before they spend any money.

What exactly, I wonder, would be the ideal environment for game development in the minds of these people?

Maybe game developers that make games that they themselves actually want to play.... lot's of KS projects were people throw money at things, but the developers only seem to be interested in making games because "why not" and that ain't ever a good thing for a game. Broken Age shows what I mean, 3 million spent on 2 ... at best 4 hours of simple puzzles.

4 hours is the time I needed to solve a single mid-game puzzle (involving a bowl) in Simon the Sorcerer (now that is a great point and click)..... and I was so frigging proud solving that myself. But Broken Age doesn't even allow for that. It gives you stupid help everywhere and makes itself even less a challenge because of it, heck it has absolutely 0 red herring objects or false leads, instead the hardest puzzle involves an apple. And I play games for challenge and entertainment. A game with no challenge isn't worth a damn thing.

I guess you are right though. Gamers are a bitchy folk

6667 Comments. 334 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo