Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7425 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 20, 2014, 18:05 eRe4s3r

Another example of interesting KS ruined by bad introduction (or rather, ZERO introduction) no list what money is used, no vision. No gameplay scenes and no idea what the game will even play like.

This is how you fail KS

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in February; Open Beta in January?
16. Re: Battlefield Hardline in February; Open Beta in January? Aug 20, 2014, 16:00 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 15:22:
Iurand wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 15:00:
Prez wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 12:05:
I'll Stick with BF2 and 2142 thanks.

How large is community? And are there any servers with titans?

I play coop over LAN

http://www.mods.hajas.org/her_bf2142.htm

But that doesn't work with Titan Mode... bots don't work in them ;/

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 20, 2014, 14:53 eRe4s3r

Now Install Cyanogen mod via Heimddall/Odin and get Recovery – ClockworkMod 6.0.5.0 (boat loader) Finally you need GAPP (google it) to have google apps (and app-store) if you want them.

why bother? Because this way you get the latest Android (currently 4.4) on every device that is supported by cyanogenmod

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in February; Open Beta in January?
11. Re: Battlefield Hardline in February; Open Beta in January? Aug 20, 2014, 13:00 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 12:05:
I'll Stick with BF2 and 2142 thanks.

2142 still has active servers and community?

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
56. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 20, 2014, 08:22 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 11:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 10:25:
Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 10:39:
Why the hell would Microsoft antagonize itself like this for such a temporary exclusivity deal. People now just think "Go fuck yourself" while waiting for the release on their platform. At least otherwise they would have though "Go fuck yourself" while getting themselves an Xbone. Maybe.

So dumb.

Because Microsoft does not make games for consumers... Microsoft is a gigantic profit driven company, they don't give a fuck about you or anyone else. They looked at the calculated ROI and saw it's a profit (console sales + % of game sales), so they did it.

The real question you should be asking is why Square Enix did it, because they decided to go with it. So in reality, Square Enix can fuck off more than MS

I just heard the echo of the brainfart I made on Aug 13, 2014, 10:39. Sweatdrop You're right, the entire comment should've been aimed at Square Enix for it to make proper sense. Cheers

I may or may not have been stalking this topic...

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2014, 07:25 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 06:30:
Redmask wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 21:38:
There are many companies that either embargo or withhold review copies, it doesn't always mean the game is horrible. Of course in this case its EA so all bets are off.

Can you think of any other reason to withold review copies other then that the game is rather mediocre at best, or just plain broken at worst? And please dont say piracy...

Simple, reviews before game release not awesome = less sales
And why would EA want less sales?

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
53. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 19, 2014, 10:25 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 10:39:
Why the hell would Microsoft antagonize itself like this for such a temporary exclusivity deal. People now just think "Go fuck yourself" while waiting for the release on their platform. At least otherwise they would have though "Go fuck yourself" while getting themselves an Xbone. Maybe.

So dumb.

Because Microsoft does not make games for consumers... Microsoft is a gigantic profit driven company, they don't give a fuck about you or anyone else. They looked at the calculated ROI and saw it's a profit (console sales + % of game sales), so they did it.

The real question you should be asking is why Square Enix did it, because they decided to go with it. So in reality, Square Enix can fuck off more than MS

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 18, 2014, 20:46 eRe4s3r

How about no? (Money vs Trolls ,p)

Forum moderators that can be just as much trolls as anyone else. Since trolling is always subjective...

And the second link with Facebook is the typical content bubble. You are not on Facebook, you don't use Facebook, you use what Facebook thinks Facebook should look like for *you*. Which is rarely if ever what you actually want it to look like.

The content bubble is very real, and I think it's manipulated by the government. The Snowden documents at least implied as much.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 18, 2014, 20:43 eRe4s3r

*whoops double post !*  

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
3. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 18, 2014, 20:39 eRe4s3r

Kosumo wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 20:30:
Does it use mega-texture?

Must burn when even his son is using Unity over IDTech ;p Neat game though for a 9 year old

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
2. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 18, 2014, 20:37 eRe4s3r

Good to see it's coming along  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details
8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 16:21 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 15:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 11:43:
Seasons passes are up for passing

I know, right? Remember when a game was just a standalone game with no expectation of expansion pack, unless it sold really, really well? Now a game is an excuse to milk as much cash as possible from people. Season passes are just automatic now, regardless of whether it makes sense, is desired by consumers, etc. etc.

All season passes do to me nowadays is make me not want to buy the game at all... I wait until it's on sale with "all content"... for a fifth of the price.

If I want DLC I buy it on sites where it's cheaper than on steam, but often I don't want em at all Especially games like this that you play once and then you are "done" .... I find season passes for something like that absurd. At least back in the old days expansions usually added to the game from the end, so you could continue on after a game ending to experience more.. but now it's as you say, milking the cows for cash.

BF4 is basically the first time I didn't subscribe to the normal buying ways publishers want, bought game for cheap on GMG with a bunch of credit and voucher(just 30€) and ended up buying the DLC I wanted for half of what it costs on Origin.... so I ended up paying less for what I wanted of the game than just what premium alone would have cost...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2014, 15:14 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 14:52:
Here is some exciting footage of Gamescom big award winner, best... action game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vViO40XLcVQ

/facepalm

At least it shows how 90% of all the pub matches are going to look

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details
1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 11:43 eRe4s3r

Seasons passes are up for passing  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2014, 06:44 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 03:33:
Julio wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 19:10:
Google should be liable, just like GM is for faults in their cars killing people.

Right, but we don't want automated cars to be sued out of oblivion either. They're going to be superior than humans in nearly every way.

If they are networked and linked to traffic control AI then I would have no problem believing that. It could also massively raise the speed of travel as predictive pathing would allow PERFECT intersection crossings, you could be traveling at 250km/h and never even notice.

I do hope this comes in my lifetime because I decided to never own a car. So self driven cars would be even better, as these would most likely not be owned by people, but by the state. Since a large cool pool of shared cars would be INFINITELY more efficient. After some learning phases the AI would literally be able to predict where cars are needed and drive them there in advance. The future looks bright

Removing the human element of out traffic would prevent tens of thousands of deaths too.

News Comments > BOID Announced
6. Re: BOID Announced Aug 17, 2014, 20:30 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 17:12:
They've got two thirds of a really awesome name!

But only 1 third interesting game.... ;p

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 17, 2014, 20:11 eRe4s3r

This is basically just packing what you already can have on any PC, or tablet for that matter, into a neat mainstream noob friendly package. I don't mind, but I won't pledge either.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway
36. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway Aug 17, 2014, 19:55 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 17:01:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 15:31:
I never played GalCiv2, but I thought the AI was supposed to be one of the best - no?

It was. Higher diffs did not just mean higher production and economy bonusses, it also meant the AI got more routines turned on. So where on lower diffs it would let you get away with amassing a fleet on its border, on higher diffs it would warn you to take them away or face war, etc.

But yeah, eventually the full AI was on, and then diff levels above that would just get bonusses.

The AI in Galciv 2 was excellent. Even if it stays the same, it'll still be a lot of fun to play against.

AI was only decent because you couldn't tell it to fuck off with it's space stations in your territory. (funnily, neither could the AI do that to you) so the game always degenerated in a station rush. He who had the most had the most advantages. That was a stupid as hell gameplay idea

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2014, 19:51 eRe4s3r

SlimRam wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 17:11:
  • O.C. Couple Obsessed With ‘World of Warcraft’ Sentenced to Prison for Extreme Child Neglect.
  • Why bother feeding, clothing, and housing your children when you can live with your REAL family online?

Rather a perfect online family than the shit I see every day around me in reality... Though in this case child neglect is what it is. There is no excuse for it. Don't get yourself a child if you can't handle it.

News Comments > Risen 3 Rises in EU
    11. Re: Risen 3 Rises in EU Aug 16, 2014, 18:09 eRe4s3r

J wrote on Aug 16, 2014, 14:46:
    Angry Joe vs Risen (NSFW)

Well he plays it with a controller... and the dodging is integral part of the combat system, and he never once dodges ;p Dodging gives you invincible frames... so if you play crap with dodge you can literally never die.

It's too bad the otherwise good game gets marred so badly by that last fucking map. I swear I refuse to play that shit further ~.~ It aggravates me utterly.

7425 Comments. 372 pages. Viewing page 34.
    < Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo