Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8584 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

General Discussion > Cities Skyline Bluesnoobs
15. Re: :o Mar 22, 2015, 04:16 eRe4s3r

Always keep your people train in their own loops and never connect to main. If you want to connect to outside, build a 2nd station (get rural station mod ,P) to connect to outside in a tighter statio configuration, and never connect it to ANY of your own internal rail networks.

Keep outside and inside separate for people transport

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sword Coast Legends Video
27. Re: Sword Coast Legends Video Mar 22, 2015, 04:06 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 22:04:
Axis wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 19:13:
Better looking than anything since NwN for DnD, lets hope they do it justice again after all these years...

Right?!

My god I'm in love. Just waiting for Q3 2015 hurts!

Hype always ends in tears. But it does look semi-interesting. But I hope that isn't the final look of the game. Combat feels so .. disconnected.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Soars
134. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 21, 2015, 20:17 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 12:37:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 04:30:
I have auto bulldoze mod

But I honestly have no idea where the people come from, or why they are there and not moving out despite there not being any jobs. But it is as it is.. (And traffic is thus a nightmare)

It's gotten to the point where my high traffic intersections need to be perfectly smooth curved or straight, because a tiny bump delays traffic ;p

Are you using any balance mods? There is one that makes high density buildings have more realistic numbers (i.e. more people) and others tweak the numbers in various ways.

I might use Building Simulation Overhaul in my next city. That modder has several balance tweaks that look useful, without Infinite Oil and Ore I wouldn't bother with either.

Mhh I have installed some compilation so.. turns out I have mod that increases the speed at which people move in and fill free households. So technically the population number is correct, it just happened faster than without the mod. Got unemployment down to 30% ... Really really hard though, because as jobs increase, more people move into the yet unfilled households as people in jobs have kids my Healthcare is nearly 100% so very low death rate (yet). I am at 110k and haven't actually built a new housing zone ;p

Sewer lake has yet to overflow!

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 21, 2015, 20:06 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 11:59:
I hope they get a native English speaker to help them with their dialog. The pitch text is pretty rough.

Which is why..

All the funds will go to:

professional voice overs and proofreading 90%
language versions 10%

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
7. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 10:30 eRe4s3r

But not when it comes to PC GUI or controls, Witcher 2 was a fucking mess. A dozen menus to access 2 tiny things, no proper mouse controls etc.

And no full rebinding

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
4. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 10:04 eRe4s3r

Heresy indeed, again demoed on controller, no PC GUI shown.. lmao  

132. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 21, 2015, 04:30 eRe4s3r

I have auto bulldoze mod

But I honestly have no idea where the people come from, or why they are there and not moving out despite there not being any jobs. But it is as it is.. (And traffic is thus a nightmare)

It's gotten to the point where my high traffic intersections need to be perfectly smooth curved or straight, because a tiny bump delays traffic ;p

130. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 21, 2015, 03:38 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 01:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 22:22:
Baristan wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 16:39:
I decided to unlock the "Business Park" requiring 20k commercial squares. Had a city of 70K and 16,250/20,000 and thought it would be easy. At 100k pop I only had 16,540... commercial demand is odd. It started to grow a bit again at 105k, and at 119,980 pop I finally managed to reach the 20k commercial needed.

Next unique building, the "Observatory", required 1,000 vacant buildings. Figured if I turned off all the power it wouldn't take long. The pop raised to 125k before any one left. Then every one left at once. 125,000 to less than 200 in no time at all.

Watch out putting too many water pumps on a river. You can end up reversing the flow, sucking sewage into the drinking supply.

Which is why I put all my sewage in a lake (Aptly named Sewer Lake ,p) I have 12 water pumps and they reversed the flow of the river so much that a piece of dirty water from WAY at the beginning of me playing this city is now caught in a coastal area.

http://imgur.com/mX0CE4I

This is a 97k city, and Hadron Collider brought me 56% unemployment ~.~ Still trying to fix that, (The circular thing near the top is a office/commercial enclave worth 10k workplaces)

Nice city man. Our layouts are very similar, except yours is far neater and nicer to look. Though they appear roughly the same size you have 47k more than me at just 50k. Where are you hiding all those people?

Every single house in housing zones is level 5 (really, not 1 house not level 5 ,p) but aside that I have honestly no idea. After I built the Hadron collider my population exploded, and it was then I noticed my folley, sure 96k is nice, until you have to employ them. Because after I saw that I suddenly had 80000 ! people as workforce and only HALF of that employed I knew I had a problem. If you population doesn't grow it's because households don't fill up, so I had parks everywhere pre-patch and that's where all those people suddenly came from. After patch my population went up substantially

So your guess is as good as mine. If you have similar size of city then likely you have households not filled to the max. Did you meet ALL their needs? Schools of all 3 types close by, mass transit (subways) proper police/health/fire HQ ? Graveyard cematoriums etc.

My monthly costs are around 235k (income 272K) So I had a lot of wasteful spending to really get every household to level 5 and super happy. Housing happiness is 97% (commercial is 70%...)

I think that is linked to how many people move in per house. That, and foot-paths over the highways, everywhere where it's needed. And inter-connected parts of the city all connected via foot paths...

128. Re: Cities: Skylines Soars Mar 20, 2015, 22:22 eRe4s3r

Baristan wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 16:39:
I decided to unlock the "Business Park" requiring 20k commercial squares. Had a city of 70K and 16,250/20,000 and thought it would be easy. At 100k pop I only had 16,540... commercial demand is odd. It started to grow a bit again at 105k, and at 119,980 pop I finally managed to reach the 20k commercial needed.

Next unique building, the "Observatory", required 1,000 vacant buildings. Figured if I turned off all the power it wouldn't take long. The pop raised to 125k before any one left. Then every one left at once. 125,000 to less than 200 in no time at all.

Watch out putting too many water pumps on a river. You can end up reversing the flow, sucking sewage into the drinking supply.

Which is why I put all my sewage in a lake (Aptly named Sewer Lake ,p) I have 12 water pumps and they reversed the flow of the river so much that a piece of dirty water from WAY at the beginning of me playing this city is now caught in a coastal area.

http://imgur.com/mX0CE4I

This is a 97k city, and Hadron Collider brought me 56% unemployment ~.~ Still trying to fix that, (The circular thing near the top is a office/commercial enclave worth 10k workplaces)

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity
59. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 20, 2015, 08:05 eRe4s3r

I am enthusiastic about both ;p  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 20, 2015, 07:22 eRe4s3r

Anyone know whatever happend to the Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII for PC? Release date? It was supposed to come out in spring.. and we.. kinda have spring  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2015, 06:32 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 10:25:
harlock wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 10:20:
Shineyguy wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 09:51:
For all the shit that the military gets thrown at it, many of the things we take for granted now came out of DARPA funded projects.

direct funding for advanced R&D would be much, much preferred over side drippings from military exploits

living in a world of insane powermongers is also something we take for granted i guess

Except that there is no direct funding for any major R&D except in communist countries. The only real money in R&D these days in the Capitalist Reality most of us live in today comes from two sources. Corporate & Military. So unless we change our society from the ground up (fat chance of that) what we are left with is two evils, out of which the lesser is definitely military funding. (They dont just fund the shit that is 'profitable')

*cough*

http://home.web.cern.ch/about/member-states

European science is entirely based on multi-national cooperation. And CERN is a non-profit endeavor

While the US military industrial complex fiddles around with railguns and drones, Europe has the largest and most advanced particle accelerator, and I am pretty sure none of the countries within Cern are communist.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Mar 20, 2015, 06:22 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 03:24:
I don't get it. Are they just going to ignore Alien3 ever happened or what?

Not sure that'd be the worst thing ever for that IP Let's hope they REALLY ignore Aliens Colonial marines though. Because if that is canon this IP is dead.

News Comments > Dying Light Killing It
16. Re: Dying Light Killing It Mar 19, 2015, 16:50 eRe4s3r

Blue wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 10:08:
necrosis wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 09:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 09:51:
Just as a fyi.. facebook image hosting fucking sucks. No facebook account = no image.
OK so its not just me.

Click link, get white page.

Social media is making companies sloppier about stuff like this all the time. Not only is the infographic not posted on the Dying Light website, visiting there hits you with an offer to pre-purchase the game.

Yeah and this was not meant as a jab at you I honestly believe that the PR person that did this doesn't know that. It's also always hilarious because most of the time PR and website are literally done by different companies. Website likely run and hosted by publisher, PR done by PR firm.

Anyway... a white page is very soothing

News Comments > Dying Light Killing It
2. Re: Dying Light Killing It Mar 19, 2015, 09:51 eRe4s3r

Just as a fyi.. facebook image hosting fucking sucks. No facebook account = no image.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 19, 2015, 09:26 eRe4s3r

IAMLIT_REFLEX wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 00:06:
The Grand Theft Auto CEO? I never knew GTA was a corporation.

What, did you expect proper non-clickbait non-bullshit headlines from a site called Gamesindustry.biz ?

I sure don't. The article even neglects to mention that ESRB is independent and appoints whoever the fuck it wants. And apparently that was the Take 2 CEO.. slow news days

News Comments > StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Closed Beta This Month
1. Re: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Closed Beta This Month Mar 19, 2015, 07:04 eRe4s3r

Just to remind everyone..
July 27, 2010 .. Star Craft 2 release date
We have
March 19, 2015 !

5 years for 2 expansions.. that's just sad.

March 12, 2013 was the Heart of Swarm release date (a lofty 3 years for 1 expansion)

So is Blizzard just REALLY slow, or are they developing this on the backburner with like 5 people?

General Discussion > Cities Skyline Bluesnoobs
11. No subject Mar 19, 2015, 03:45 eRe4s3r

Heh I got to 76k and only now used those "pointers" (restricting heavy traffic is genius, but sadly not possible in my giant BLOB of a city..

Just 1 image
http://imgur.com/Bbyzmnc

Btw, I think the game is very very pretty at times.. when you have enough custom buildings installed that the repetition breaks up

News Comments > Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development
12. Re: Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development Mar 19, 2015, 02:19 eRe4s3r

Orogogus wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 00:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 23:40:
Orogogus wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 23:33:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 23:29:
They probably owed some pretty hefty royalties to Games Workshop for using their license too.

Given the games that have been getting the 40K license, I find this hard to believe.

It's very likely that it's not an upfront license cost, but an revenue based percentage and that could fuck small developers over very nicely post release.

A revenue based percentage would work better for small developers than the large up front cost. And if it was a really bad deal for small devs then you wouldn't expect to see so freaking many of them signing up to make games from the bottom of the barrel (MOBA, lane defense, battle chess, twin stick shooter, 2D side scroller, etc.). If anything, you'd think the evidence would be suggesting that GW is demanding something exorbitant from big developers.

Well considering the devs that made these games often made just that 1 game.... I would definitely think it's exorbitant

News Comments > Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development
7. Re: Full Control Lays Off Staff; Lays Off Game Development Mar 18, 2015, 23:40 eRe4s3r

Orogogus wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 23:33:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 23:29:
They probably owed some pretty hefty royalties to Games Workshop for using their license too.

Given the games that have been getting the 40K license, I find this hard to believe.

It's very likely that it's not an upfront license cost, but an revenue based percentage and that could fuck small developers over very nicely post release.

8584 Comments. 430 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo