Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7410 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized
38. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized Aug 21, 2014, 10:52 eRe4s3r

LOL@U wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 09:42:
My question is a repost from the previous SC thread, for which I was too late. I probably am for this one, too...

Quote:
I haven't followed development to the letter (far from it), but have the game specs changed to allow for planetfall and scenarios where you can get out of the ship and drive/walk around at your leisure?

Because that's kinda what the [recent 3 minute] ad suggests.
End quote.

I have interest in both ED and SC, so I'm truly curious about this (since competition between the two will lead to good things for us). Last I'd heard, we won't fly around free and explore planets. When the game(s) talk about trading and dogfighting and "exploration" (where exploration is limited to flying around in space), it's kinda peculiar that the infomercial clearly focuses on coming to a planet, analyzing it, getting out of the ship, and walking among alien life forms. Has this changed? It would be great if some of that pile 'o money went to designing the part I actually care about.

Anyone have a perspective/info on this?

The trailer has nothing to do with the game they pitched during KS, nowhere in that was it ever mentioned we can land on planets wherever we want, it's specific landing sites with pre-canned landing animations (like Freelancer). If this changed recently then I missed more than I thought... but while I heard we can walk around the landing sites and meet other players (max 50?) I never heard anything about landing manually on a planet, walking to hatch and getting out. Or racing on a planet location without going through a loading screen. (etc.)

Even Squadron 42 never pitched this feature (where I would have actually wanted it)

As I said, if this game were like the CLEARLY CGI and not CryEngine trailer, I'd be super happy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EVE Online Hyperion Video
3. Re: EVE Online Hyperion Video Aug 20, 2014, 22:20 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 20:49:
Was like 'damn, what would Eve be doing with Borderlands' and then I rubbed two brain cells together.

Good to see I wasn't the only one being a bit confused...

And I think you can play eve perfectly fine in LibreOffice Calc

(LibreOffice is the PROPER fork of OpenOffice, OO is no longer properly developed)

22. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized Aug 20, 2014, 22:16 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 19:53:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 19:28:
ED has a fully living universe by now and it's expanding, didn't these games start developing around the same time?

To be fair, no. ED was quite a bit further along and Braben had been kicking around ideas for a new Elite for years before the ED Kickstarter.
With that said, it is definitely very noticeable how Braben & co actually quietly and humbly get shit done and how that Roberts clown showman gets nothing done except "moooaaar sales'n'commercials".

Where is the Squadron 42 gameplay? Where is singleplayer (which was promised to us in KS)?

Yeah, the first episode of Squadron 42 including about 10 missions is s'posed to be out by the end of the year and we ain't seen much of anything yet. I believe their standard excuse is that they don't want to spoil anything. Looking at the July studio report from the Erin Roberts studio Foundry 42 in Manchester, I'm wondering if they have even really started full production yet or if they have been too busy helping out on Gamescom demos, commercials and supporting the Austin and Santa Monica teams on Arena Commander.
Priorities seem to be all over the place thanks to Roberts constantly demanding new reveals, commercials, trailers and game show demos.

And when will the hangars ever stop fucking flickering? Do they need another $50m to fix the flickering?

Multi GPU right? I'm in the same boat with SLI. No idea why they broke it and even less of an idea why they can't be bothered to fix what they broke. Only temp fix is to switch to a single GPU which I'm not going to. Too much hassle and annoyance.

Well I have to say I regret not having kickstarted ED instead of Star Citizen... I dunno what I smoked when I choose to spend 60$ on this and not on ED.. but as you say, the SP was supposed to be out the end of this year, and so far I haven't even seen it mentioned anywhere... all i see is hangar this, hangar that. Where is the info about the story and singleplayer element? Nowhere... :/ As you say... it seems like they haven't even started proper full development yet. Maybe this is simply a mismatch of available information vs what I know.

And by the way, while I do mean the SLI flicker (I am preparing for the oculus rift you see, so I upgraded a teensy bit to run stuff at higher upscaled resolutions smoothly) i actually mean that everything in the hangar flickers even without SLI, like the AO and glow effects, and despite me setting best AA i seem to always get weird AA artifacting and flicker... dunno how else to describe this but it makes the hangar and ships *extremely* ugly looking. And I have single GPU active in hangar.. To best describe this imagine that whenever I move camera everything looks as if I took drugs. I disable DOF, blur via console and motion blur always, and yet still AO and Glow seem to misbehave weirdly too.

Either way... I wish I'd have backed ED

15. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized Aug 20, 2014, 19:28 eRe4s3r

The first 5 minutes.. I want that game.. the last 55 minutes .. the fuck is this shit? I don't care about RACES and HANGARS, fucking GAMEPLAY.. where is the GAMEPLAY?

They didn't yet build any gameplay? They have nothing to show except races and a boring as fuck (And quite broken!) capital ship fight vs 2 giant fighters? Sigh....

ED has a fully living universe by now and it's expanding, didn't these games start developing around the same time? Where is the Squadron 42 gameplay? Where is singleplayer (which was promised to us in KS)?

And when will the hangars ever stop fucking flickering? Do they need another $50m to fix the flickering?

News Comments > 4A Games Lands in Malta
3. Re: 4A Games Lands in Malta Aug 20, 2014, 19:06 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 18:34:
Task wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 18:09:
Better they get out so good for them, the Hryvnia is going to crash soon anyways, which might be the main reason they are leaving and the IMF is demanding austerity measures there (cost of living will go up immensely making poor people poorer).

No way I would live in a country that openly allows nazi parties into the government or pay taxes to it. A lot of south and western Ukraines are protesting too and refusing their drafts, so good for them for calling out Kiev's criminal, lying bs.

Yes, and Putin's aggressive behavior played no part in this.

Anyway, I guess they had to do what they had to do, else no funding.

This entire conflict is just a huge clusterfuck... who knows who is to blame for what.

Nowadays you can't even believe the news anymore. Nothing coming out of Ukraine is verifiable anymore. Who knows if there are really protests, if there are really refusals to be drafted. Because we sure as hell don't know that.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 20, 2014, 18:05 eRe4s3r

Another example of interesting KS ruined by bad introduction (or rather, ZERO introduction) no list what money is used, no vision. No gameplay scenes and no idea what the game will even play like.

This is how you fail KS

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in February; Open Beta in January?
16. Re: Battlefield Hardline in February; Open Beta in January? Aug 20, 2014, 16:00 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 15:22:
Iurand wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 15:00:
Prez wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 12:05:
I'll Stick with BF2 and 2142 thanks.

How large is community? And are there any servers with titans?

I play coop over LAN

http://www.mods.hajas.org/her_bf2142.htm

But that doesn't work with Titan Mode... bots don't work in them ;/

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 20, 2014, 14:53 eRe4s3r

Now Install Cyanogen mod via Heimddall/Odin and get Recovery ClockworkMod 6.0.5.0 (boat loader) Finally you need GAPP (google it) to have google apps (and app-store) if you want them.

why bother? Because this way you get the latest Android (currently 4.4) on every device that is supported by cyanogenmod

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline in February; Open Beta in January?
11. Re: Battlefield Hardline in February; Open Beta in January? Aug 20, 2014, 13:00 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 12:05:
I'll Stick with BF2 and 2142 thanks.

2142 still has active servers and community?

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
56. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 20, 2014, 08:22 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 11:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 10:25:
Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 10:39:
Why the hell would Microsoft antagonize itself like this for such a temporary exclusivity deal. People now just think "Go fuck yourself" while waiting for the release on their platform. At least otherwise they would have though "Go fuck yourself" while getting themselves an Xbone. Maybe.

So dumb.

Because Microsoft does not make games for consumers... Microsoft is a gigantic profit driven company, they don't give a fuck about you or anyone else. They looked at the calculated ROI and saw it's a profit (console sales + % of game sales), so they did it.

The real question you should be asking is why Square Enix did it, because they decided to go with it. So in reality, Square Enix can fuck off more than MS

I just heard the echo of the brainfart I made on Aug 13, 2014, 10:39. Sweatdrop You're right, the entire comment should've been aimed at Square Enix for it to make proper sense. Cheers

I may or may not have been stalking this topic...

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2014, 07:25 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 06:30:
Redmask wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 21:38:
There are many companies that either embargo or withhold review copies, it doesn't always mean the game is horrible. Of course in this case its EA so all bets are off.

Can you think of any other reason to withold review copies other then that the game is rather mediocre at best, or just plain broken at worst? And please dont say piracy...

Simple, reviews before game release not awesome = less sales
And why would EA want less sales?

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
53. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 19, 2014, 10:25 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 10:39:
Why the hell would Microsoft antagonize itself like this for such a temporary exclusivity deal. People now just think "Go fuck yourself" while waiting for the release on their platform. At least otherwise they would have though "Go fuck yourself" while getting themselves an Xbone. Maybe.

So dumb.

Because Microsoft does not make games for consumers... Microsoft is a gigantic profit driven company, they don't give a fuck about you or anyone else. They looked at the calculated ROI and saw it's a profit (console sales + % of game sales), so they did it.

The real question you should be asking is why Square Enix did it, because they decided to go with it. So in reality, Square Enix can fuck off more than MS

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 18, 2014, 20:46 eRe4s3r

How about no? (Money vs Trolls ,p)

Forum moderators that can be just as much trolls as anyone else. Since trolling is always subjective...

And the second link with Facebook is the typical content bubble. You are not on Facebook, you don't use Facebook, you use what Facebook thinks Facebook should look like for *you*. Which is rarely if ever what you actually want it to look like.

The content bubble is very real, and I think it's manipulated by the government. The Snowden documents at least implied as much.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 18, 2014, 20:43 eRe4s3r

*whoops double post !*  

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
3. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 18, 2014, 20:39 eRe4s3r

Kosumo wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 20:30:
Does it use mega-texture?

Must burn when even his son is using Unity over IDTech ;p Neat game though for a 9 year old

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
2. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 18, 2014, 20:37 eRe4s3r

Good to see it's coming along  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details
8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 16:21 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 15:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 11:43:
Seasons passes are up for passing

I know, right? Remember when a game was just a standalone game with no expectation of expansion pack, unless it sold really, really well? Now a game is an excuse to milk as much cash as possible from people. Season passes are just automatic now, regardless of whether it makes sense, is desired by consumers, etc. etc.

All season passes do to me nowadays is make me not want to buy the game at all... I wait until it's on sale with "all content"... for a fifth of the price.

If I want DLC I buy it on sites where it's cheaper than on steam, but often I don't want em at all Especially games like this that you play once and then you are "done" .... I find season passes for something like that absurd. At least back in the old days expansions usually added to the game from the end, so you could continue on after a game ending to experience more.. but now it's as you say, milking the cows for cash.

BF4 is basically the first time I didn't subscribe to the normal buying ways publishers want, bought game for cheap on GMG with a bunch of credit and voucher(just 30) and ended up buying the DLC I wanted for half of what it costs on Origin.... so I ended up paying less for what I wanted of the game than just what premium alone would have cost...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2014, 15:14 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 14:52:
Here is some exciting footage of Gamescom big award winner, best... action game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vViO40XLcVQ

/facepalm

At least it shows how 90% of all the pub matches are going to look

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details
1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 11:43 eRe4s3r

Seasons passes are up for passing  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2014, 06:44 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 03:33:
Julio wrote on Aug 17, 2014, 19:10:
Google should be liable, just like GM is for faults in their cars killing people.

Right, but we don't want automated cars to be sued out of oblivion either. They're going to be superior than humans in nearly every way.

If they are networked and linked to traffic control AI then I would have no problem believing that. It could also massively raise the speed of travel as predictive pathing would allow PERFECT intersection crossings, you could be traveling at 250km/h and never even notice.

I do hope this comes in my lifetime because I decided to never own a car. So self driven cars would be even better, as these would most likely not be owned by people, but by the state. Since a large cool pool of shared cars would be INFINITELY more efficient. After some learning phases the AI would literally be able to predict where cars are needed and drive them there in advance. The future looks bright

Removing the human element of out traffic would prevent tens of thousands of deaths too.

7410 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo