Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7002 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 6, 2014, 01:26 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on May 6, 2014, 00:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:12:
AnimalAlbum sounds like a great idea... but uhm.. I doubt that concept will garner much support

In essence it'll be a quiz game no? And if someone cared enough to play this game, they may as well just google "endangered animals" and browse the wiki for a day.

Yeah, but that sort of thing doesn't pique curiosity in kids unlike when you make a game of it. It seems like he doesn't really have the chops to make it, but would be better off in a designer role with a group that could.

Yeah he struck me more as an expert on Animals + ideals, than one of game design As I said, I like the idea... in theory. But in practice you gonna have to make it a hell of a lot more engaging than that to make it even remotely a decent gaming experience. And that's the frame-work to engage kids and "pique" their interest. Game gotta be fun, have some competitive element, it needs *CUTE* / *COOL* artwork and a good gameplay hook (catch them all might not be such a good hook though, as we don't wanna train future hunters hehe).

I'd have cool ideas how to make this more interesting (Extrapolate it into sci-fi or fantasy) etc. But I would probably focus more on making a fun game than to make it a learning experience.

Just not seeing this KS going anywhere

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation May 6, 2014, 01:18 eRe4s3r

killer_roach wrote on May 6, 2014, 00:30:
Fantaz wrote on May 6, 2014, 00:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:57:
Fantaz wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:40:
0 updates in 15 days, PS3 and PS4 only when PC gamers make up majority of funding source on KS

Uh yeah, not gonna happen.

the reason it cant be on anything but Playstation systems is that the game always used the square, triangle, and circle buttons exclusively. it would be breaking tradition if they went with Xbox controller or PC. tho i would've liked to at least see a Vita version made, i'd prolly still be able to play it on my Vita with PS4 remote play wherever there's a net connection.

I think we poor PC gamers /And gamepad masochists) can find 3 buttons to bind to those 3 buttons Not to mention you can just paint cross, circles and squares on a random button and call it a PS4 controller

I am more worried that they don't give a shit. No updates in such a long time spells doom to a KS.

well from the article there's this being mentioned: [...] — specifically, Sony systems. That's a decision that has to do with the game's legacy, according to Lesser. "This was a game that Harmonix and Sony made together, so that property belongs on Sony platforms," he said.

maybe $ony is paying them a little bit for them also? (not so "independent", eh) still i think this is worth $20 and will glady fund this Kickstarter. also i think i was in the top 50 rankings online for Amplitude around when it first came out on PS2 and have very fond memories of that game. logged hundreds of hours, and got me listening to electronica music more.

Sony owns the Amplitude IP.

Well that explains that, then.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans
7. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans May 6, 2014, 01:17 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on May 6, 2014, 00:09:
However, as history has shown, the U.S. and EU/NATO will support fascists when its suits them best. CIA, "Yo, let's hire some Nazi's after WW2, that 'never again' speech was just to bullshit the masses."

What I don't get is why Putin provoked this in a time where abolishing the Nato was actually a thought a lot of people would have agreed. And by the way, while the Germans are very aware of bullshit politics more than 90% !!! think Russia is not a trustworthy partner.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation May 5, 2014, 23:57 eRe4s3r

Fantaz wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2014, 23:40:
0 updates in 15 days, PS3 and PS4 only when PC gamers make up majority of funding source on KS

the reason it cant be on anything but Playstation systems is that the game always used the square, triangle, and circle buttons exclusively. it would be breaking tradition if they went with Xbox controller or PC. tho i would've liked to at least see a Vita version made, i'd prolly still be able to play it on my Vita with PS4 remote play wherever there's a net connection.

I think we poor PC gamers /And gamepad masochists) can find 3 buttons to bind to those 3 buttons Not to mention you can just paint cross, circles and squares on a random button and call it a PS4 controller

I am more worried that they don't give a shit. No updates in such a long time spells doom to a KS.

3. Re: Evening Consolidation May 5, 2014, 23:40 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 5, 2014, 23:12 eRe4s3r

AnimalAlbum sounds like a great idea... but uhm.. I doubt that concept will garner much support

In essence it'll be a quiz game no? And if someone cared enough to play this game, they may as well just google "endangered animals" and browse the wiki for a day.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans
2. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order German Censorship Plans May 5, 2014, 22:54 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on May 5, 2014, 22:26:
It's funny that despite all their ridiculous censorship/anti-Nazi-imagery laws, Germany is still one of the bastions of white supremacy.

Ehm... you are confusing general racism with something else.... also those laws were made by the Allies and current government has simply no interest to revoke them.

If you want to talk about absurd censorship, let's talk about how since 2008/2011 most Manga's are defacto illegal.

And it's not so much white supremacy, as it is sort of inner German supremacy born out of frustration with politics (amongst other things). Many Germans simply are fed up with the multi-cultural idea that politicians propagated for nearly 60 years which the majority ALWAYS opposed. And the political class ignored this, claiming failed projects on "minority racism" which made it much much worse. And the idiotic way Europe works currently is constantly grinding away any remaining acceptance of a unified Europe (and other ethnicities)

To really understand why this is the case you'd need to dig deep into the cultural system of Germany. It was never made to be compatible with multiple cultures. If you don't adapt to German core values (As in, white skin, German sounding name, no religion In the east OR Christian in the west) then you are defacto an Alien to most.

Not saying this is a good thing, but it's not white supremacy. It's just flat out xenophobia. And it even works within Germany (See, Bavaria)

Overall this stupid censorship is just here to stay because politicians play the "fear" card to establish it, and there is no way to revoke such a laws without the political party dooming itself. (see SPD)

It's altogether a depressing as hell situation. If Germany weren't the richest country in Europe I'd move away. But fact is, as a German living in Germany is pretty damn nice...

Xenophobia leads to racism , but Xenophobia is a society wide thing. You can not "fix" that easily.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2014, 23:20.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 5, 2014, 22:08 eRe4s3r

I hope this is not all AMD has queued up.... Someone please tell me AMD is working on REAL CPU's that can outperform the 4930K (and up) in terms of performance per watt?

(in case you don't know, 4930K has "Around 3x better performance per watt" and uses about 35% less power on full load than an 8350 FX. Or basically, you run the Intel cpu for 3 years and you saved the money you paid extra in power costs... run it longer, and Intel cpu's are MUCH cheaper in the long term.

Overall, this new roadmap depresses the shit out of me. I don't car for ARM and SOC's. I want superb performance per watt. And a super low energy solution too (Intel NUC, idle power use 6W to 10W !) AMD's low power solutions are somewhere near 15W (and have higher max-load watt usage)

All depressing

This comment was edited on May 5, 2014, 22:37.

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot
3. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Gives Shooter Loot May 5, 2014, 21:34 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on May 5, 2014, 21:00:
I don't care what it gives, I have no desire to go back to Pandora anytime in the next 3 years.

Well, they have to severely improve the writing and I will come back At this point, 99% of the stuff in Borderlands annoys the holy socks out of me.

News Comments > On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game
24. Re: On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game May 5, 2014, 19:57 eRe4s3r

Fion wrote on May 5, 2014, 16:28:
Heh no I had no idea. But that actually worsens my opinion of the series.

But it may promote innovation...

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
48. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 19:45 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on May 5, 2014, 16:09:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2014, 10:43:

Dude, it's Zenimax... aside from Activision (1st) they are the 2nd lord of Hell in terms of evil

So, uh, where does EA fit in? They can't have fallen to third after BF4 and Simcity.

I got my offline Sim City... and mods (ye may now laugh, but there are some really useful mods for that, Crossover mod for example, makes it so cars can cross streets at all possible points and so solves a HUGE pathfinding issue. That gave them bonus karma points.

Also EA is not so much evil, as it is a douche. And hate to say it, but I do still like Battlefield... and I would instantly buy a future battlefield IF it was sci-fi (ie, 2142 sequel).

News Comments > Steam April 2014 HW/SW Survey
19. Re: Steam April 2014 HW/SW Survey May 5, 2014, 19:41 eRe4s3r

NewMaxx wrote on May 5, 2014, 11:46:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 5, 2014, 11:09:
One stat is interesting, apparently about 4% of steam users do not have a 64bit cpu

and 10% have only 2GB of RAM, Wow? 2 GB .. OF... RAM ?
2% have 1GB of RAM

Mobile devices. My new Windows tablet (Bay Trail) is both 32-bit and only has 2GB of RAM, but I can run many Steam games on it. I have an older laptop (dual-core) with x86 Windows 7 with 2GB of RAM (came with 1GB), too. My netbook (x86 dual-core Atom) has 2GB of RAM (came with 1GB) and runs Windows 7 and even it can run some classic titles.

Totally forgot about those...

Playing KSP is out of the question on those then

18. Re: Steam April 2014 HW/SW Survey May 5, 2014, 19:41 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on May 5, 2014, 14:38:
jacobvandy wrote on May 5, 2014, 14:30:
Meh, I turn mine off every night, or if I'm going to work and not running a download.
Same here, for some reason sleep mode doesn't work too well on my desktop. Keep crashing for some reason.
When it doesn't crash it would go to sleep but then wake from sleep for no reason. (I have network wake or whatever it is called off)
I was screwing around with it for a while removed some windows updates which apparently caused the issue but problem still exist so I just shut it off.
With my SSD it doesn't take that long to boot up anyways.

Tis actually a really common issue.... every 5th nvidia driver I have this problem, thankfully in 337.50 this is not an issue... but it'll be again I am sure.

With SSD, booting cold is actually fun. Sleep barely adds anything to it. A few seconds and all your windows are still open, but that's it.

I have a NAS to run downloads over night

This comment was edited on May 5, 2014, 19:47.

1. Re: Steam April 2014 HW/SW Survey May 5, 2014, 11:09 eRe4s3r

One stat is interesting, apparently about 4% of steam users do not have a 64bit cpu

and 10% have only 2GB of RAM, Wow? 2 GB .. OF... RAM ?
2% have 1GB of RAM, so if they run steam they couldn't start a game at the same time as steam runs without paging issues. Wow Heck, my firefox uses 600mb Ram alone.. how can these people even work with that?

Also AMD has lost GPU market shares to both Nvidia and Intel.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2014, 11:16.

News Comments > On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game
4. Re: On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game May 5, 2014, 10:50 eRe4s3r

I just hope the engine isn't a piece of broken and ugly shit like the previous COD engines.... given they put that in a PR blow-out they either have some serious balls and effort put in that engine, or it's bull-fish alá fish AI (Fish AI that swims through ROCKS and the GROUND)

But it's gonna be COD, so that means kill-streaks and retarded spawn system, perks that imbalance the game and 0 recoil on weapons, non destructible environments and broken player physics.

Or basically, another crappy (rail) shooter in SP, and the usual COD nonsense in MP

News Comments > Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations
13. Re: Oculus Responds to ZeniMax Accusations May 5, 2014, 10:43 eRe4s3r

Dagnamit wrote on May 5, 2014, 10:03:
•A key reason that John permanently left ZeniMax in August of 2013 was that ZeniMax prevented John from working on VR, and stopped investing in VR games across the company.
•ZeniMax canceled VR support for Doom 3 BFG when Oculus refused ZeniMax’s demands for a non-dilutable equity stake in Oculus.

If those things are true, then that's hell of a ham-fisted, straight-up stupid way to run a business. Yeah, let's just antagonize everyone. Including John 'Effing Carmack. No wonder he left. They could have had a little bit of that facebook cash, if they'd been just slightly reasonable. Idiots.

Dude, it's Zenimax... aside from Activision (1st) they are the 2nd lord of Hell in terms of evil

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. May 5, 2014, 08:33 eRe4s3r

mag wrote on May 4, 2014, 19:09:
jdreyer wrote on May 4, 2014, 15:31:
Man, I'd love to see a modern version of Heretic or Hexen. When will someone KS that?

Yeeeeees. That would be one of my most-wanted things. I would love to see those games redone on a modern engine. I wouldn't even care if the game was a bit modernified, or if it was done like the new Shadow Warrior.

Considering who owns the IP of Heretic and Hexen I'd say that's a bit more than a tiny bit unlikely to ever happen. Activision is evil incarnate.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
11. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 5, 2014, 04:00 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on May 5, 2014, 03:09:
Steele Johnson wrote on May 4, 2014, 15:09:
[VG]Reagle wrote on May 4, 2014, 14:37:
Windows 8 sucks

You've just earned the "I'm cool" badge of the day.

How about this, clicking one checkbox makes win8 a better win7. But I know that's too confusing to the hipsters.

Windows 8 sucks, so do hipsters.

The only thing sucking are vampires

Killing your old jokes, with ancient jokes, ftw.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews May 4, 2014, 23:41 eRe4s3r

Really sad that Child of Light resorted to such a cheap method of storytelling. Rhythmic dialog doesn't work nearly as decent as it sounds. And destroys the immersion and atmosphere to boot.

Aside that, combat is really boring ;/

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Laser pointers May 4, 2014, 05:33 eRe4s3r

I'd actually be totally for restricting those....

There isn't a single good reason for someone to own a laserpointer beyond 20mw (milliwatt)

7002 Comments. 351 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo