Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7421 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
74. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 28, 2014, 20:38 eRe4s3r

yuastnav wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 16:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 15:59:
yuastnav wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 09:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 01:52:
[...] This is politics,[...]

It is not.

What is it then, oh wise gatekeeper of interpretations?

The difference is between what you are and what you chose to be. Your gender, sex, sexual preference and origin is something that you do not chose, it's who you are. Your political stance, your religion etc. is something that you can willingly and freely change.
If someone brings up something like religion in video games then yeah, just ignore it, it really doesn't matter. The same is not true for sexism. If someone is mistreated based on something that that person has no control over then it becomes a problem that should affect everyone and shouldn't be ignored. This is related to the concept of society and human traits like empathy.
In the end it comes down to morality but if someone's stance is "I don't care about sexism/racism/etc., I just want to play my video games." then that person is a fucking arsehole and a poor excuse for a human being. But that's just my personal moral stance. I think Daniel Dennett partly refers to that as being a member of the Moral Agents' Club

Thanks for the reply, and for not taking it as if I was being sarcastic, I was honestly curious why you don't see it as an political issue. To me morals are not something to ever argue about. My empathy stops at the computer screen. (Ok, that's a lie, I care about SOME people I talk to on the web, and I would miss them direly if they'd not be on blues commenting). Point being I care, but this is just fanning the flame-war. It is increasing toxicity and sending the wrong message. I don't mind when sexism in games is a topic here. But these topics are not about sexism nor about feminism. SJW's are the worst enemy of feminism imo.

Either way, didn't really mean to start another giant thread tree with my question. Sorry bout that.

I saw you care about this, that you feel empathy, but to me this empathy does not come anymore with this topic. I just feel irritation. Maybe I am just odd. Honestly speaking? I absolutely hate this topic at this point. And SJW's piss me off mainly because I absolutely HATE what game journalism is nowadays. SJW's attacked TB, 43alley etc. Why? Because they can reason like intelligent people can? How could I feel empathy for harassment and suppression of opinions?

No.. SJW's are damaging feminism utterly. It becomes corrupted, they take the topic over and profiteer from it. I find that deplorable.

Btw, to me this is political because it is HIGHLY polarizing and hostile topic. You can not call it an "moral issue" .. no, this is cold hard politics. It's 2 sides who are slowly and surely drifting apart, what was once irritation turns into outright hate.

That can only happen when the main public figures of a debate behave drastically. And when it is a public debate about morals and what not, then it is politics for me... anyway.. I promise I won't post here anymore. It just extends an insane thread further.

This comment was edited on Aug 28, 2014, 20:47.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode
12. Re: Titanfall Adding Titan-less Mode Aug 28, 2014, 20:30 eRe4s3r

Greenish wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 20:17:
So I don't get the hate for Titanfall here, is it because it's Xbox One/PC exclusive?

Hate? It's just that Titanfall isn't a complete game, and the map packs should have been free. It's decent enough as a fast-food shooter.

42. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 28, 2014, 15:59 eRe4s3r

yuastnav wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 09:14:
[...] This is politics,[...]

It is not.

What is it then, oh wise gatekeeper of interpretations?

24. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 28, 2014, 05:50 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 04:46:
Is there a opt-out button for these stories? ^^ This is not gaming news. Like REALLY, it is not. This is politics, and politics have fuck all to do with gaming.

Pretty sure this thread was opt-in. You had to click on the link to get here.

I am obsessive link clicker. ;p When I want to sleep I often read a few pages of comments on here and then I doze off faster than I can enter my bed. SJW stories do not however facilitate my dozing off ;p They enrage me ;p

12. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 28, 2014, 01:52 eRe4s3r

Is there a opt-out button for these stories? ^^ This is not gaming news. Like REALLY, it is not. This is politics, and politics have fuck all to do with gaming.

News Comments > GOG.com Revamped
8. Re: GOG.com Revamped Aug 28, 2014, 00:38 eRe4s3r

NamecaF wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 23:14:
In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

That is just Awesome! Fuck you Australia tax

Except it doesn't apply for movies... which I just noticed 5€ for a movie download.. they gotta be insane. When the free alternative is just 1 google search away, and I mean LITERALLY 1 google search, it direct links to a (no doubt illegal) stream ;p

If these prices are what they think indy movies are worth.. then oh boy, they will have problems topping 100 sales a month ;p

News Comments > Sims 4 Specs (and Pancakes)
8. Re: Sims 4 Specs (and Pancakes) Aug 28, 2014, 00:27 eRe4s3r

no 64bit support in the engine.. in the year 2014
DX9 only, in the year 2014
Athlon X4 or I5 "recommended" (Check what performance an Athlon X4 has, that is SUBSTANTIALLY below any modern CPU) in the year 2014 ...

So don't buy this crap. It's nothing but an outdated rehash of Sims 3 with tons of stripped features ;(

News Comments > Steam Allows Multiple Game Installs
9. Re: Steam Allows Multiple Game Installs Aug 27, 2014, 12:37 eRe4s3r

starttimartti wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:14:
So with this I can install DirectX 9 and .net framework 10 times in a row automatically? Finally!

You win the best comment of the day award by far...

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Trailer
3. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut Trailer Aug 27, 2014, 02:12 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 19:43:
The Power Of Kickstarter.

Except this wasn't paid for nor financed by the KS backers... only the original game was

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Aug 27, 2014, 02:02 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 19:31:
Besides all that, it's not clear whether this'll actually be a game, or just another sandbox "do what you want" style

Isn't that what most people want out of a game like this? What would you call SimCity 4? To me that was a "do what you want" sandbox.

I don't know... is it? To me it was a "gotta fill all those boxes" game Sim City 4 a good city builder though?? I much prefer Caesar or Poseidon, and the likes. You know, actual games instead of just flat out sandboxes. But at least Sim City 4 was pretty damn dynamic when you played it. You couldn't just leave it running 24/7 with no interaction.. like you can with Cities XL for example.

To me the thing bothering me is that there is no Info about the dynamic elements of the simulation. You'd think a city builder developer would want this to be the primary focus? Which makes me think there isn't anything dynamic here. It's a progression curve and numbers, but they don't change during gameplay unless you do something.. and I really hope that's not how it works in this.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
16. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 27, 2014, 01:55 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:38:
Upgrading legendary gems has no cost other than completing a greater rift. The only catch is there's some percentage chance of it failing (haven't seen it yet, it probably has to do with the rank of the gem versus the level of the rift you progressed to).

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:20:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:13:
Yeah, everything's offline again. Sucks, I was in the middle of a greater rift. =/

You should know better than to play a Blizzard game on a patch.. week

It's not them, it's those DDoS asshats. It had been smooth as silk all day long since the servers came back up from maintenance, then suddenly community services went down, party matchmaking went haywire, and then my game was terminated. Entire B.net is offline.

B.Net works fine for me.. If it was DDOS then it would be nice to have some proof... otherwise it is exactly how every single D3 patch ever looked to me..... maybe I am just unlucky

Well.. or the DDOS didn't affect European B.Net or maybe we just got bigger pipes

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2014, 02:03.

9. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 26, 2014, 22:20 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:13:
Yeah, everything's offline again. Sucks, I was in the middle of a greater rift. =/

You should know better than to play a Blizzard game on a patch.. week

7. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 26, 2014, 21:52 eRe4s3r

Live in 9 hours in the EU...

Spirit Barrage

Skill Rune - Well of Souls
Damage type changed from Cold to Fire

Oh boy....
I know it's to make fire builds viable.. but holy hell... that is my favorite skill ;/

News Comments > etc., etc.
34. Re: etc., etc. Aug 26, 2014, 21:43 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 21:23:
yuastnav wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 18:28:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 16:43:
[...]
I think it's fairly realistic that the water vapor in the cockpit would condense and freeze on the windows once you go into stealth mode and shut down the cockpit heating. That's just physics.
[...]

It's actually not. The temperature in the cockpit doesn't get lower since there's nowhere for the heat to go to.

Heat is energy. It travels away from the source, per the laws of entropy. Heat energy escapes easily through glass.

Heat travels away from the source, but inside the vehicle is air. Outside there is not. It travels faster inside than outside, meaning you can "out-produce" the loss of heat very easily which is why spaceships have active cooling systems at all times. Air is not great at insulating but glass is much worse, glass will always have the temperature of whatever is transferring heat faster, meaning inside it would be warm if the air is warm. And there is no reason to assume the ship would cool the temperatures in the ship to subzero. That cooling/heating cycle is *very* dangerous for electronics too ,)

So bottom line, he is right. Physically the ice is not realistic. It does look cool though, and it serves an gameplay purpose

Ps.: Entropy does apply, but entropy is slow, humans radiate a lot of heat, electronics too. A lot more than a few windows could radiate away. Windows have a small surface area. radiators which you can use in space have infinitesimal small fins and curves to extend surface area and increase area to radiate heat away with. Meaning it is easier to heat a ship than to cool it. It's actually REALLY hard to cool a space-ship properly. Close to the sun it might even be impossible without rotation trickery

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Aug 26, 2014, 19:31 eRe4s3r

Still no mention on whether there is a game there or not (No, I am not whoever asked the same in this preview ,p)

Aside from the districts, which sounds neat, it makes me worry that the game is not dynamic when it comes to wares, production, customers etc.

Besides all that, it's not clear whether this'll actually be a game, or just another sandbox "do what you want" style

30. Re: etc., etc. Aug 26, 2014, 15:09 eRe4s3r

yuastnav wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 14:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 14:38:
yuastnav wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 14:08:
So my conclusion is that what happened in the video is actually scientifically not possible or highly exaggerated.

It's a video game made so you can have fun, yes... it is highly exaggerated. It's visual feedback for when you are in stealth.

I'm not saying it's not cool. I was just curious whether this part of the simulation was true or not.

Well as always with that question, the answer is "it depends"...

I am pretty sure that you would never see ICE on the ISS windows. Because glass needs to be very very well isolated from any other surface in space on a space-station. And humidity is generally a problem in space. (Ie, you never have enough as you constantly recycle the air ,p) this is why long-term missions think about a biosphere element to maintain this. (And save on oxygen and co˛ scrubbing)

Apollo 13 was different, they literally cramped all in a very tight space, so humidity was a problem. They switched power devices off to save power (but they produce heat, which is what the life support is configured for by default) so the life support was what cooled the ship down, if they had been able to tune the life support they would have been able to actually heat the capsule properly and even saved power. As you say, radiating heat away is not very effective... but humans each produce about 200 to 300W of heat energy per hour. (There is a joke there somewhere ,p) so those humans on Apollo 13 could have heated the capsule just by being there. If the life support hadn't cooled everything down.

When it comes down to it, it's very unlikely we'd have windows in a really modern "Built for function" space-ship anyway. If you had a power loss a window wouldn't save you

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 26, 2014, 14:46 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 12:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 12:17:
I look and compare vs the i7-4790K and I despair... AMD.. .... ... you drunk? Intel just shoved the Haswell refresh with 4ghz and unlocked MP in your face.... that completely obliterates your cpu's... and you come up with a piledriver with slightly higher core speed.. depressing as hell!

Some people here have taken offense when I say this (not sure why), but AMD just doesn't really play at that higher end. AMD wants you spending under $250 on a CPU. Anything over that and it just doesn't care. And even in that range it's kind of ridiculous to go AMD most of the time. Depends on deals, I guess. Under $150 AMD can make some sense. Usually, I'd argue that over that it makes none.

Wait, sorry, I should have read first. These are expected to be around $300? Jesus, at Microcenter you can get the i7-4790K for $290. Who would ever, ever buy an AMD over that?

Where you saw prices? I looked and couldn't find any info on that. Anyway the i7-4790K is a true beast. I know it's unfair to compare this to AMD's offerings here. But if they go 4ghz they will still be below an 4790K on default clock. And we are talking by 15% to 25% which is huge when you consider that this is is PER CORE.

If they price this above 200$ they might as well give up now. As you say, who would ever buy an AMD cpu with the 4790K doing what it does... devils canyon is really aptly named. And untypical for Intel, it's also decently priced.

28. Re: etc., etc. Aug 26, 2014, 14:38 eRe4s3r

yuastnav wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 14:08:
So my conclusion is that what happened in the video is actually scientifically not possible or highly exaggerated.

It's a video game made so you can have fun, yes... it is highly exaggerated. It's visual feedback for when you are in stealth.

27. Re: etc., etc. Aug 26, 2014, 14:19 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 13:26:
The only thing I really dislike in the E:D video is the absolutely absurd amount of "space dust" flying by the cockpit whenever even the slightest amount of speed is attained. When he's slowly tumbling backwards, the fucking dust flies by as if he's going FTL. And there's SO.RIDICULOUSLY.MUCH of it. If they'd draw 1/10th of that amount of white shit, the effect of "you are actually moving" would be exactly the same.

I hope they'll clear some of that out, because ugh, it distracts me even just watching that video.

It needs some tuning down but.. I think in VR with the lower resolution, you absolutely need that amount of space dust ,)

15. Re: etc., etc. Aug 26, 2014, 12:25 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 08:37:
yuastnav wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 05:18:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 21:14:
Here the straight youtube link for people who don't ever click on Kotaku
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbaLJTGHkj8

Wow, thank you very much.

I always wonder why people post links to videosift etc. instead of to the original site, like youtube.

Because Blue prefers to give credit as to where it was spotted. I wouldn't mind sending regular YT links in (truthfully, I don't mind either way), but I send stuff in the way he asks.

Feel free to shoot him an email and ask. I'm pretty sure he knows how to find a YT direct link from a web page.

I don't mind either, but in case of Kotaku i make exceptions. If we talk about features it'd be neat to have the direct youtube link as a sort of "2nd link" marked like this

You Can Pull Off Han Solo Stunts In Elite: Dangerous | [VID] | Thanks nin…

Would make it much easier for tablet users... since youtube is an app but it would add more workload on blues and I don't want to even suggest to do something like that. He is already putting enough work into this site.

7421 Comments. 372 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo