Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7631 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
16. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 4, 2014, 19:56 eRe4s3r

All I care about.. is something they haven't touched yet at all.. Squadron 42 will be SP.. but what about a stand-alone OFFLINE persistent sandbox?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crusader Kings II Charlemagne Expansion This Month
8. Re: rusader Kings II Charlemagne Expansion This Month Oct 4, 2014, 18:32 eRe4s3r

Quickly, someone make a game called Rusader Ings  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Oct 4, 2014, 16:42 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Oct 4, 2014, 16:14:
Intel is taking a side, against SJWs.

More against Gamasutra and their unprofessional bullshit. They even say it's not choosing a side, it's because of site-wide misconduct

News Comments > Game Reviews
26. Re: Game Reviews Oct 3, 2014, 18:27 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 11:06:
Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 10:10:
Prez wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 09:56:
The four reviews posted are on the four sites I swore off forever. No clicks for you!

Same here.

Agreed. I wonder if each of them reviewed it separately, but I'm not clicking and supporting those SJW sites.

It would be nice if we could get fewer links from the sites that hate gamers.

The 4 sites I never click on ever again Youtube let's plays or first looks are the only reviews for me anyway....

News Comments > The Evil Within Minimum Specs
34. Re: The Evil Within Minimum Specs Oct 3, 2014, 16:36 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 14:52:
dj LiTh wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 14:15:
It will be the end of me if i ever get a cap, i average 4tb down a month (thats a slow month).

What on earth uses that much bandwidth? Are you streaming 4K 24-7?

Heh I barely reach 300gb a month with a few 720p streams and plenty of steam downloads.. that's a heavy usage month for me... It's not outlandish to get to 1tb with 1080p HQ streaming I guess.. but 4TB?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2014, 14:23 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 13:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 13:00:
Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:13:
Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:10:
Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 11:37:
Comcast pizza party... I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad. At least they apparently sprung for good pizza. I would have fully expected Comcast to show up with 2 small, plain cheese pizzas from Cici's or something.

They haven't done this in my building yet because my building doesn't have CondoInternet. The one I was supposed to move into did, but I switched to this one at the last minute since it has a ridiculous view, but no CondoInternet. Apparently I'm the only one bugging the leasing office.

I find it funny that they mention X1 at the end. I would love X1, but you can't get it out here without also getting landline. Guess what, Comcast: no one in an apartment in this part of Seattle has a fucking landline. No one in this neighborhood is over 60.

You would trade gigabit internet for a good view? Shame on you! ^^

I look North and I see the Space Needle about 500 yards away, look West and see the Puget Sound sprawling out about 500 yards away, and look South and see Mt. Rainer in the distance.

It's pretty awesome and I'm going to miss it when I leave Seattle.

I guess I have the simple problem of understanding what the POINT of a good view out a window is. Doesn't enrich my life one bit...

Waking up to floor to ceiling windows with a view of the most notable features of your city with sunlight spilling in everywhere is really great.

Gigabyte internet, on the other hand, rarely seems like it'd be better than the 50mbps I'm getting now, as I'm usually limited by the server, not my connection.

I am stuck at 6mbit

News Comments > ArcheAge Hits 2M Players
18. Re: ArcheAge Hits 2M Players Oct 3, 2014, 13:13 eRe4s3r

Yakubs wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:54:
Really fun game. The questing in the beginning is annoying and tedious but once you get past that, it really opens up.

IMO the fact that there are hacks and crazy shit going on just makes the game more fun. We're living in a world where our corporate overlords like Blizzard and EA keep tight control over everything we do in-game so it's nice to play a game like this again. It's just a video game after all, not your real life.

But you are wasting your real life playing this ,) So it is real life

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2014, 13:00 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:13:
Comcast pizza party... I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad. At least they apparently sprung for good pizza. I would have fully expected Comcast to show up with 2 small, plain cheese pizzas from Cici's or something.

They haven't done this in my building yet because my building doesn't have CondoInternet. The one I was supposed to move into did, but I switched to this one at the last minute since it has a ridiculous view, but no CondoInternet. Apparently I'm the only one bugging the leasing office.

I find it funny that they mention X1 at the end. I would love X1, but you can't get it out here without also getting landline. Guess what, Comcast: no one in an apartment in this part of Seattle has a fucking landline. No one in this neighborhood is over 60.

I look North and I see the Space Needle about 500 yards away, look West and see the Puget Sound sprawling out about 500 yards away, and look South and see Mt. Rainer in the distance.

It's pretty awesome and I'm going to miss it when I leave Seattle.

I guess I have the simple problem of understanding what the POINT of a good view out a window is. Doesn't enrich my life one bit...

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 3, 2014, 12:13 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 3, 2014, 12:11 eRe4s3r

So how do these hackers think an established wide spread standard HARDWARE can be fixed? With that release they put about 2 billion devices in danger of being hacked. These people should go jail.  

News Comments > The Evil Within Minimum Specs
13. Re: The Evil Within Minimum Specs Oct 3, 2014, 12:03 eRe4s3r

Not a single game ever looked amazing with motion blur .. I always disable that crap ;p  

10. Re: Game Reviews Oct 3, 2014, 04:04 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 19:09:
And it is also reasonable that some of us will wait for a hardcore Alpha Centauri conversion mod for BE. That would be my dream come true.

If it doesn't exist for CIV5 then it will not exist for CIV:BE

That said

http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?68830-Conflict-on-Chiron-Discussion

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Delayed
15. Re: Pillars of Eternity Delayed Oct 3, 2014, 04:00 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 20:19:
killer_roach wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 20:07:
Cutter wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 19:13:
Obsidian is behind schedule. Gee...what a surprise.

Considering what happens when they try to hit an imposed deadline... I'm fine with a delay. (Alpha Protocol, Fallout New Vegas, and KotOR 2 all say hi.)

Exactly. Them taking their time is the best option.

Indeed... takes as long as it takes

News Comments > Stardock Fantasy Game Announcement Today
12. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 2, 2014, 18:07 eRe4s3r

gilly775 wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 17:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 17:24:
NegaDeath wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:56:
UConnBBall wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:42:
Gal Civ 3 for $99 early access now that is just down right crazy!

Keep in mind for that price that you get all future dlc and expansions for free. The high price is more like buying the game and a complete season pass. If they follow through their promise to release Dark Avatar/Arnor style expansions plus smaller DLC you'll be breaking even or possibly saving money in the long run.

"If" being the key word.

Or you just wait until next years steam summer sale so that you can save money with guarantee There is no reason to pre-order games.

Unless you actually want to play them and they're EA

Hehe, true But if you want to play them you can of course pre-order them.. I meant there is no point to pre-order if you want to possibly save money. Waiting is always cheaper.

News Comments > Stardock Fantasy Game Announcement Today
10. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 2, 2014, 17:24 eRe4s3r

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:56:
UConnBBall wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:42:
Gal Civ 3 for $99 early access now that is just down right crazy!

Keep in mind for that price that you get all future dlc and expansions for free. The high price is more like buying the game and a complete season pass. If they follow through their promise to release Dark Avatar/Arnor style expansions plus smaller DLC you'll be breaking even or possibly saving money in the long run.

"If" being the key word.

Or you just wait until next years steam summer sale so that you can save money with guarantee There is no reason to pre-order games.

News Comments > Op Ed
52. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Oct 2, 2014, 17:21 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:36:
Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 15:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 15:06:
Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 12:21:

I didn't say "anytime soon."

But the longer it goes, the more you need to consider other ways they could have spent that $2 billion (which, honestly, is less of a concern with Facebook, which has plenty of billions to spend) as well as the time value of money.

With each passing year, that number goes up. And up. And up.

Do you guys really think that Facebook will end up breaking even on this one. How many pairs need to be sold (25 million, if they make $100 profit per pair, which seems high) or how many apps/in-app purchases need to be sold?

No I don't think they will break even, but that is not how I define the success of VR To me Facebook is just a necessary evil in this. Without big corporations pushing VR ahead it would always remain a tiny market.

Maybe they will take licensing fees for the OR SDK and platform integration? After all Facebook doesn't just get (awesome) VR goggles out of this, but an entire VR entertainment platform complete with API and SDK. The goggles are just a tool....

In todays economic world, money has very little "time value" You actually lose money if you don't spend it, currently at least.

Time value is still extremely important.
It's more opportunity cost that is less important, because Facebook has enough cash that spending $2.5 billion on this isn't likely to prevent them from spending it on another project.

But that's assuming there are other projects Facebook is eyeing If they only had this 1 project to really invest in, then it makes sense for them to not expect a return of that in short or mid term.

Kinda scary Facebook has that much cash to just "throw around" though.

Kind of scary how many American companies have that cash to throw around.
Hire more employees? Pay employees better?
Nah, hoard money and pay bigger dividends!

Reminds me that I read somewhere that hoarding money, instead of hiring more employees and paying better wages, is whats currently destroying the financial and economic systems. So I guess I'd rather have them invest money in crazy ventures than hoarding it infinitely.

I am not really sure how Facebook MAKES money either.

7. Re: Game Reviews Oct 2, 2014, 17:13 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 16:45:
I agree with the general point that Civ:BE probably won't be very good science fiction, it's just the specific comparison that he draws in that article and takes further in the related article which seems off to me. I'd like SMAC2, a lot more than a sci-fi Civ V mod, but I won't beat Firaxis with a comparison that they've made reasonable efforts to avoid.

Well if you are assuming that this is probably the only time we will ever see an official sci-fi civ game in the range of 20 years it is imo valid criticism that Firaxis is not, in fact, making SMAC2...

In fact this game will inevitable face comparison vs SMAC simply because both have the same premise. SMAC just has vastly better writing and setting.

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Oct 2, 2014, 16:36 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 15:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 15:06:

But the longer it goes, the more you need to consider other ways they could have spent that $2 billion (which, honestly, is less of a concern with Facebook, which has plenty of billions to spend) as well as the time value of money.

Do you guys really think that Facebook will end up breaking even on this one. How many pairs need to be sold (25 million, if they make $100 profit per pair, which seems high) or how many apps/in-app purchases need to be sold?

No I don't think they will break even, but that is not how I define the success of VR To me Facebook is just a necessary evil in this. Without big corporations pushing VR ahead it would always remain a tiny market.

Maybe they will take licensing fees for the OR SDK and platform integration? After all Facebook doesn't just get (awesome) VR goggles out of this, but an entire VR entertainment platform complete with API and SDK. The goggles are just a tool....

In todays economic world, money has very little "time value" You actually lose money if you don't spend it, currently at least.

Time value is still extremely important.
It's more opportunity cost that is less important, because Facebook has enough cash that spending $2.5 billion on this isn't likely to prevent them from spending it on another project.

But that's assuming there are other projects Facebook is eyeing If they only had this 1 project to really invest in, then it makes sense for them to not expect a return of that in short or mid term.

Kinda scary Facebook has that much cash to just "throw around" though.

News Comments > Op Ed
48. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Oct 2, 2014, 15:06 eRe4s3r

5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 2, 2014, 14:56 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Oct 2, 2014, 13:39:
That article is written on the assumption that Civ:BE is trying to be SMAC based on a quote that it's a serious setting and the author's other piece (linked to at start of article) goes as far as describing SMAC as Civ:BE's predecessor.

This seems unfair to Firaxis and Civ:BE. He says that Firaxis want the comparison when it suits them and not when it doesn't but I don't know what we can expect from Firaxis other than them to repeatedly say that it's not SMAC2. Are they banned from making a serious sci-fi game unless it is a sequel to SMAC?

If they had called it SMAC2 and then produced a simpler game with more mainstream appeal then they'd be trying to cash in on nostalgia while screwing nostalgic gamers and I'd agree but AFAIK this isn't like Thief.

I think the point was that they retained gameplay systems from CIV4/5 that don't fit their proclaimed "serious sci-fi" setting. Like the culture expansion thing. What culture? How does a culture affect your expansion in an alien colony? Or the art style of the units, which really does look like orcs vs tau vs necron vs tyranids

The article isn't about it not being SMAC2, it's about them saying its serious sci-fi and bringing up problems obvious with CIV:BE that betray it's own setting for no good reason.

7631 Comments. 382 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo