Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6287 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
21. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2013, 18:29 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 10:19:
People suck.

That's all that has to be said about this. It would be true justice if every single one of those death treats would be followed up by a SWAT visit and the people responsible put in some serious legal pressure.

But it won't happen... sadly.

Sidenote: Who the posts their driver license online on facebook/twitter. Are people THAT retarded nowadays?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
10. Re: Game Reviews Nov 3, 2013, 09:02 eRe4s3r

BF4... well one thing is for sure, the crash issues (of which there are dozens) aside, which were known since BETA and ignored, the game has abysmal performance on certain map areas. Locker -> Cell Block facing in the direction of the panopticon. Siege of Shanghai standing in the top left most position possible and looking towards RU or US base (doesn't really matter)  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Antialiasing Tip
3. No shit sherlock Oct 30, 2013, 10:50 eRe4s3r

It ain't call POST AA for nothing... POST AA is BLUR it is not AA no matter how much bullshit Nvidia and AMD spew, post added AA is inferior, always, every time. Unless the guys who coded the shader had half a braincell left and added a 2 pass luma sharpening filter. (1 before, 1 after FXAA pass)

Motion Blur, Post AA, Depth of Field and AO are the settings I instantly turned off in the beta.... because these big AAA games always fuck up something that is absolutely mind numbing easy to understand.

If you add AA in post, you have to SHARPEN THE FUCKING IMAGE (luma based)

Bah, Bah bah. (Angry because this is so simple and yet developers don't do it...)

Has nothing to do with Consoles. FXAA can look awesome if proper SINC (I guess including an Anti-Ringing filter) luma sharpening is applied.

By the way
TXAA (the thing by Nvidia) is not normal post AA and can be considered "true" AA. Because it has the same abilities as MSAA (and thus a game with TXAA, also needs to support MSAA) so yeah ;p

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2013, 11:23.

News Comments > The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced
13. Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Announced Oct 30, 2013, 05:29 eRe4s3r

Her story only just begun. In story telling, the point where Clem is as a character right now would be the beginning of the main arc. Everything before that was prologue and character building.

Character building is what The Walking Dead completely forgot in the newest season by the way. Introducing characters is apparently not "in" anymore. I have no idea who half the people are that walk(ed) around there.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deadly Premonition- The Director's Cut
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deadly Premonition- The Director's Cut Oct 30, 2013, 05:16 eRe4s3r

Watched a 100% walkthrough/let's play with a great commentator so.. this has 0 value to me..  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed
21. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 12:12 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:53:
Edit: "Better to complain about it than to do something" - perfect summary of Bluesnews/the Internet/mankind/all living creatures from eRe4s3r

Being honest about own failings is the first step to enlightenment. Or maybe it's the second... But be fair, this is my hobby and messing about with VPN's to play 3 days earlier while fun to do for SP games is pretty damn pointless for MP games, as ping is important in BF3/4 thanks to the netcode, when I do VPN trickery I end up playing with people from god-knows-where with terrible pings. So nah, i wait till EU unlocks ;p

8. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 10:52 eRe4s3r

I know I could do that but it's always such an hassle... and gaming should never be an hassle.

Besides I only got my GMG key yesterday evening. Still will take 9 hours to even pre-load.. assuming I don't wanna do something else and thus pause it which makes it longer.. oh well

Better to complain about it than to do something.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Turns 5
46. Re: Fallout 3 Turns 5 Oct 29, 2013, 10:44 eRe4s3r

Icewind wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 07:40:
A decline? Project Eternity, Divinity Original Sin, Wasteland 2, Torment 2 (And that stuff from Double Fine I can't remember the names of), X Rebirth and lots of unique Indy games coming up....

If that's what a decline looks like I hope it never ends. The next year and the next months are going to be glorious for PC Gamers.

Don't play coy, you know what he meant. He means the mainstream went into a decline. He mentioned Wasteland 2 and no doubt knows about all the Kickstarter CRPGs and their revolution they've started. He's talking about the upper, more visible layer of the hobby.

The Mainstream can't be in a decline... mainstream is always the lowest common denominator. You can't "decline" past mainstream.

The mainstream of our hobby will always be a god damn disgrace. Never pushing boundaries or doing new things.

5. Re: Battlefield 4 Released, Reviewed Oct 29, 2013, 10:34 eRe4s3r

SirKnight wrote on Oct 29, 2013, 10:01:
It's nice that it's already unlocked. If this were on STEAM it would not unlock until the middle of the day if not later. I hate how STEAM does that.

Now to get a few minutes in before time to go to work.

Yeah, except if you are in Europe, there EA gives you a big fuck you and unlocks 1 minute past midnight on the 31th...

31. Re: Fallout 3 Turns 5 Oct 29, 2013, 04:14 eRe4s3r

heh I liked Fallout 3 better than Fallout 2.. but not because of the story or characters in Fallout 3 (Which sucked) But nothing could beat that first moment when you exited the vault and realized, holy hell.. I can walk 2 hours in that direction and find random interesting shit to do... (survival mods ftw) ;p

And 20 hours later you realize you forgot what the main plot was even about... good times

I understand when people who really liked Fallout 2 didn't like Fallout 3, but I loved Fallout 3 exactly because of it's different (pseudo sandbox) take. Even today, with dozens of mods (most importantly DC Interiors) and some enemy and weapon mods + character mods that change how crafting and stats work as a whole... the game is still fresh and fun.

On the other hand, I really did not like New Vegas (without DLC). Maybe because the setting (Desert) and (Vegas) are 2 things I really do not like. And the "strip" and Vegas itself where absolutely terribly and simply drab designed. But I did like the DLC content more.

Though, even to this day, I absolutely hate the way New Vegas starts. It puts you (geographically) in a horrid position where your only 2 choices are deadclaws or a very long walk through boring as fuck terrain.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 29, 2013, 04:01 eRe4s3r

As long as Merkel is in power you can rest assured that this will not have any real policy consequences. But maybe it's good like this, at least someone at the NSA knows what our lethargic and aimless leader actually wants to do, and what her political goals are. Because we Germans sure as hell don't.  

29. Re: Fallout 3 Turns 5 Oct 29, 2013, 03:55 eRe4s3r

Stimpack wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 21:56:
Techie714 wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 21:47:
Taskeen wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 21:10:
Meh.

Wasteland 2 comes out soon, eat it Bethesda, you wasted my years waiting for a true homage to Fallout/Wasteland games.

There's my memory to share.

Meh, the world moves on so should you...

Yeah, it moved into a decline.

A decline? Project Eternity, Divinity Original Sin, Wasteland 2, Torment 2 (And that stuff from Double Fine I can't remember the names of), X Rebirth and lots of unique Indy games coming up....

If that's what a decline looks like I hope it never ends. The next year and the next months are going to be glorious for PC Gamers.

News Comments > New WHQL GeForce Drivers
27. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Oct 29, 2013, 03:36 eRe4s3r

ventry wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 18:46:
belowzeros wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 17:31:
I have a 560ti and suffered from that blue screen problem that started happening with new drivers about i dunno 3-4 months ago.

anyone know if they solved that prob? seemed like quite a few 5xx users had the prob.

Yep same card and haven't used a new driver since 214.11 because of annoying bluescreens.
Will not be updating until confirmation that this problem is fixed.
The funny thing is it doesn't happen while playing games only on the desktop or surfing the net.

What you describe sounds like some issue with power states. It can actually depend your browser and desktop settings when your card switches to 3D mode and back to 2D Mode (these are just power profiles, got nothing to do with 3D/2D in that sense).

The newer drivers have a more aggressive power profiling so maybe that's your problem. In any way, this sounds more like a card/chipset issue than a driver issue. The driver is just making these BSOD's happen because the card doesn't respond properly to the new power profiling.

If you got rivatuner or what was it, you can set your card to always be in 3D mode which should fix your BSOD's. (will cause higher power usage)

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 29, 2013, 00:43 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 22:34:
Yeah, I'm gonna call bullshit on that. I'm sure Deep Silver may not have any ideas to create a Uplay/Origin/Steam solution, but they're not ignoring piracy. They were one of the last publishers to still cling to fucking Starforce, and they've been infesting their Steam games with Tages.

The whole "we're just ignoring it" bit is horseshit.

Erroneous logic. Maybe back THEN they didn't ignore it, but NOW they certainly do.

25. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Oct 28, 2013, 23:53 eRe4s3r

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 18:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 10:53:
The GTX 600 series has an h.264 encoder built into the GPU? WTF? Funny they mention that now, as x.264 encoding tools don't seem aware that my GPU apparently has a real-time h.264 encoder...

The hardware encoder shouldn't be THAT much of a surprise. It's how the Nvidia Shield streams games, and that requires a 600 series or better. Nice to see they're realizing it has other uses.

Yeah, but how do I use it WITHOUT the Shield system? If I wanna encode something other than realtime gameplay?

9. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Oct 28, 2013, 13:33 eRe4s3r

Techie714 wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 13:04:
I had to rebuild my system this weekend after installing the last drivers? Long story, basically I installed the last drivers 331.58 in my GTX 580 & played games fine for about a week. Then one morning I woke up and while surfing my "Video driver failed & recovered". I thought this was strange so I rebooted & then started up a game of BF 3 played for 1 min & the game crashed with error "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed command". I ended up spending HOURS researching this problem & it seemed like everyone had a 100 different fixes with the same error? Long story short, I ended up rebuilding my box & that STILL didn't fix it. Then on a last ditch effort I opended the case & blew out all the dust bunnies & moved the card to the second PCI-E slot. Rebooted the PC & then I had to redo all my BIOS settings...GRR! I overclocked my proc with all the same settings as before & tested it....No problems....Pleayed some games...No problems...So far it's working great! I still dont know if it was the PCI-E slot or the dust bunnies?

*Upgraded my BIOS on my video card for the first time & that was a lot easier than expected!

*OMG Do you know their was was long 700 Win 7 patches to install!! Damn MS make SP2 for win 7!!!

I had the exact same problem with my soundcard.. one day I got a bluescreen with some cryptic error, I tried everything... nothing worked, couldn't even boot (would just hang). Then I switched slots for the soundcard which fixed it.... switched it back = worked.

I think it's dust getting into the slot somehow and doing *something*

2. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Oct 28, 2013, 10:53 eRe4s3r

And expensive.. some intern got probably fired over this.

Also.. the GTX 600 series has an h.264 encoder built into the GPU? WTF? Funny they mention that now, as x.264 encoding tools don't seem aware that my GPU apparently has a real-time h.264 encoder...

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 28, 2013, 10:04 eRe4s3r

,000 is my motivation today to go to the dentist....  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 28, 2013, 09:46 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Oct 27, 2013, 15:35:
On the Germany story, they may be better off getting an international coalition that excludes the US from the rest of the world's internet. That would have more of a chance than Germany alone. Not ideal, but a viable alternative.

I wouldn't mind a purely German "net" that I can switch "on" and "off" depending on what I want to do. Sort of like a German intranet. It'd actually be pretty neat if that had encrypted (and good) email services as well as proper e-gov implemented.

The problem is that if the German Telekom is doing it or anywhere near it, it's going to end in a massive disaster...

PC Gaming > City of Titans Kickstarter
2. Re: City of Titans Kickstarter Oct 28, 2013, 08:55 eRe4s3r

Funnier that the site of the project doesn't link to the Kickstarter in any prominent place

Here is the KS link

6287 Comments. 315 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo