Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6287 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 18:34 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 15:54:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 15:35:
Ah HAH! So thats why Rebirth isnt in the top 10 Anyways i hear ya, but from everything i've seen its gone out of its way to be newcomer friendly with its changes. I'll report back after i spend a few days with it (ok ok a few hours with it)
I am sure my single preorder makes all the difference lol
I am looking forward to the player feedback on here.

You can rest assured you will see at least mine come the 16th.. they said the Steam Countdown is not when it will unlock (It will unlock earlier, most likely midnight on the 14th) or thereabouts.

And I will not hold back if it has problems. I loved X3 and I hated it at the same time I have it pre-loaded and all....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2013, 18:15 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 17:11:
1badmf wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 15:01:
Cutter wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 14:14:
When will these places in hurricane zones start building housing designed for hurricanes, like domes where the winds can't catch onto flat surfaces. Stilt housing, etc. Building boxes on the ground in these places is ultimately a waste of resources and money.

dude, there's only so much you can build for. erecting housing to stand up to this giant bitch would've been prohibitively expensive, even for us.

Straw bale geodisic domes

Yeah, a couple of grand for some straw, wattle, and labour is just so much more expensive then the boxes we live in. Rolleyes

You people may want try and do some *actual* research on this stuff before shooting it down because it's clear you know *nothing* about the topic. There are better, cheaper ways to build hosing for flood planes, hurricane and tornado alleys. All governments and people do now is throw good money after bad every-time one of these tragedies occur. And what makes it worse is precisely because damage on this scale is entirely avoidable. That's ok, you just keep thinking inside the box though.

Indeed, geodesic house design is nothing new. It's been conceptualized as a 100% environment proof building method.... with proper technology, an entire village could be inside such a dome. With just dirt and clay, you can at least protect a part of your house from wind and debris damage.

But nothing you do will protect you from flooding. Not living there seems like a better choice.

News Comments > Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups
11. Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Beta Signups Nov 9, 2013, 10:58 eRe4s3r

So how much pay to win is it? Can you buy decks without real money?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 9, 2013, 10:43 eRe4s3r

Lord Tea wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 04:27:
My thoughts on Need for Speed Rivals.

1) Is that NFS 13 or 14? Because, somehow, the game looks familiar.

2) The level of detail as presented would be okay (on previous generation consoles).

3) The clip quality at 1080p is probably the worst I've ever seen on youtube.

4) They could reduce the level of realism further if they made the cars fly - permanently.

5) Enjoy the game, console kids...

Devilish

You can thank youtubes new encoding settings. Which are a god damn mess. Look around and you will find many let's players complaining about this.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 9, 2013, 01:30 eRe4s3r

May I just add here, the new youtube comment thing fucking sucks.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 8, 2013, 19:11 eRe4s3r

dj LiTh wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:01:
Just connect to steam with a euro ip, its what i do with 99% of all the releases that come out but vpn to the states (in germania).

Its the exact opposite situation for me with Xcom Enemy Within, and you can be damn sure i'm unlocking that puppy as soon as its unlockable

May I ask what VPN specifically you are using?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 8, 2013, 19:08 eRe4s3r

Redmask wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 18:59:
Verno wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 14:36:
Many men like dumb, attractive women

Not seeing a problem here

That is the problem.

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 8, 2013, 19:07 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:41:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 14:51:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 12:49:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 12:40:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 11:05:
It's not just girls... It's also little pussy bitch males who were raised by a single mother with no male role model. >:\ Man up, ladies.

Whoa, dude. WTF? I don't think that brush was broad or callous enough.

Also, John Connor was raised by his mom, and he took out all of Skynet. Just sayin'

John Connor was a movie character, and his mother was a mannish dyke. She filled both holes roles. Just sayin'. XD

You're a crass ass. Fine, here's a partial list of successful men raised by their mothers.
Presidents Obama and Clinton
Stephen Colbert
Samuel L. Jackson
John Lennon
Jack Nicholson
Shaq
Al Pacino
Keanu Reeves
Jon Stewart
Kanye
Ah, so because there are some exceptions due to good parenting (and most likely because they had other important adults in their lives as well), that automatically negates all the thousands of cases where single mothers were ill-equipped to properly raise their children in a way that resulted in a relatively stable and well-adjusted adult. I'm glad fallacies don't count. Good to know we have professional psychologists on this site to express their expertise.

What bullshit is this.. i mean seriously. If you look at parenting you will find the worst parents are not single parents but rather helicopter parents. And these are usual stable families of both parents. Most children are also shaped by their first 10 years and that means mostly female teachers for the early years (which is FAR worse than single parenting of any gender)

Also you are throwing another fallacy in there, by assuming there is such a thing as good parenting. 99.99% of all parents suck at their job. Which is why the world is going down the drain.

That list also including Obama and Clinton is a nice joke

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 8, 2013, 13:51 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 13:19:
GRRRRR! FILTHY EUROPEANS!

Cry

Heh, German developer will always put Europe first. Especially since Germany is their main market where they always sold the most copies.

9. Chrome has a bug that kills your SSD Nov 7, 2013, 16:50 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 12:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 7, 2013, 12:54:
I have 13 chrome instances, each using more than 50mb and constantly writing data to disk.. so no idea wtf it is doing, but it is doing annoying things!

Ok, so Chrome does this, too? I didn't have it open when I wrote that. Frustrating. Yeah, I have 15 open, ranging from 11MB to 129MB.

FireFox is one nice, extremely large instance.

So yeah, I tracked the issue down because this didn't let me any peace, these many instances are weird enough, but why the hell do they constantly write to disk even if you don't do anything and... what I found is pretty damn shocking

Chromium (ALL VERSIONS) have a bug which causes 3 to 4 writes a second. It is unknown (apparently even to the "devs") what causes this.

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=52663

If you got a SSD, GET RID OF THIS APPLICATION NOW It slowly kills your SSD. Bug is unfixed. This is why you can see constant IO Write in procmon for the chrome process even on an empty tab.

This means, Chrome kills your battery life if you got a laptop. And it kills your SSD slowly but steadily (not just your SSD, no drive chrome sits on will ever spin down with this bug)

test test :p

So yeah, Firefox 25 does NOT do this. Wow.. sorry Chrome, but this is a BUG i will not accept.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2013, 17:12.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 7, 2013, 12:54 eRe4s3r

I have 13 chrome instances, each using more than 50mb and constantly writing data to disk.. so no idea wtf it is doing, but it is doing annoying things!  

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 7, 2013, 10:19 eRe4s3r

Well I gotta hand it to microsoft.. it knows it's target audience

But if you wanna lure in the geek crowd.. you gotta offer CUTE and FEATURES. Not just cute I am not a follower of any one browser, and if IE11 fixes some issues I have with chrome...

For me Firefox is long dead, they added nonworking crap and features that nobody wanted.

And the primary issue still remains, we need a 100% encrypted browser that can manipulate the browser footprint (optimally randomly) because even if 100% encrypted over TOR, a website (and thus the shadow-gov) can track you by your browser footprint.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs
39. Re: Activision Blizzard's Financials - WoW at 7.6M Subs Nov 7, 2013, 09:59 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 20:46:
Taskeen wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 20:32:
I played for 2 weeks and got to level 40 or something when WoW was first released. I thought to myself how I wasted 2 weeks playing that game, and quit.

Whatever floats someone's boat though. I find WoW and WoW MMO Clones boring as hell.

*Click enemy*
*Watch your guy attach stuff*
*click skills*
*repeat*

A common criticism that I have never understood. Are there any PC games that aren't a repeated series of clicking(or keyboarding)? I'm sure there must be some, but not many. And I'd be willing to bet you play some that are, if you read this site.

His comment wasn't aiming at clicking, he was aiming at the fact that every engagement is the same procedure.

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Nov 6, 2013, 23:20 eRe4s3r

Who the hell pays that kind of money for something that doesn't even affect gameplay?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts
46. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts Nov 5, 2013, 22:08 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 16:51:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 16:44:
Kosumo wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 14:53:
Why should SpectralMeat be able to get his money back? He brought it the day it was released

I'm not religious over my next comment but why not? Pretty much any other purchase you can get a refund. You can see it's not because he played it all and is trying to rip anyone off. Heck he's actually an ideal customer in terms of acting immediately on impulse and buying. Why should Activision/Steam be proud of taking money from someone who is immediately disappointed with a product?

Now something I'm more religious about... When the fuck is the memo going to make it to these developers that a lot of PC gamers want FOV choice? Should be an unquestioned slider nowadays. What is the fuckin hang up here?

Especially when you have a game published under the same franchise name, I don't care if they have two or ten dev studios working on the game there should be consistency. Black Ops II had it, so should this one.

That's the price you pay for a game developed by a shit-ton of different developers. Nobody gives a fuck how it turns out, nothing is learned between releases, and there is no consistency whatsoever.

Imo, any (FPS) game coming out for PC without a FOV slider should be automatically rated 1/10 .. but then those review sites would need some serious balls to pull something like that, because it'd ruin the metacritic score for PC absolutely utterly. And that is the only language ActiBliz understands.

News Comments > Rambo: The Video Game Trailer
6. Re: Rambo: The Video Game Trailer Nov 5, 2013, 22:03 eRe4s3r

Argh.. the memories...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 5, 2013, 20:41 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 16:59:
nin wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 15:18:
Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 15:13:
my mom was more efficient than that. She'd grab me by the wrists and would use my own hands to beat me with.

Very effective, I tell ya. Food never got sent to the Sudan from my family...

<I'm sorry, but I just got this mental picture>

"Creston! CRESTON! WHY ARE YOU HITTING YOURSELF?! HUH? HUH?!?! WHY ARE YOU HITTING YOURSELF, CRESTON?!?"

And then she would laugh. This maniacal, evil, glee-filled howl of joy.

severe traumas
flowing downriver
in moonlight

(needed to pass a minute of time and had nothing better to do ,p)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Ghosts
40. Re: Dog! Nov 5, 2013, 18:48 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 11:07:
Ant wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 10:58:
nin wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 10:05:
Let's just cut to the chase here: Does COD Dog die?

Sort of, it turned out to be an android.

Really?

I presume you're joking but it's CoD.

He's joking of course. Smiley gives it away ^^

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 5, 2013, 10:01 eRe4s3r

StarCraft 2 is still being played?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Nov 4, 2013, 18:35 eRe4s3r

Bucky wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 16:46:
nin wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 14:55:
Same here. I guess I'll just wait for it to drop to $20, for the SP portion.

Listen, for the single player, it's not even worth that. It's horrible. The story makes no sense, and the characters even less. Irish is so badly written it made me want to scream. Half of the game was scripted events or listening to people talk, and in both cases you have no control. The last 'mission' is one single firefight, and then you can sleepwalk your way through the rest (see the previous sentence). Actually, I was reading a book while I did it the second and third times for the weapon unlocks.

As for difficulty, there isn't any. Set it to hard, grab yourself a semi-auto sniper rifle, and waltz your way through the game.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could think the single player is good. Maybe it's just the years of Battlefield and CoD giving us such horrendous single player experiences that people have forgotten what good single player is.

Just wanna throw this in, but yeah.. FULL ACK.

That story is the worst piece of crap I ever experienced in a "modern shooter" so far. If you thought MW 2 was incoherent try Battlefield 4. Half the time I have no fucking clue where I even am. Who the people are that I talk to or what they are doing there. (kinda like buying groceries)

I finished the game (was longer than 4 hours though, thanks to a save corruption issue in second last map) and I have absolutely 0 clue what even happened. Doesn't happen often to me in a game, but Battlefield 4 is the second game I ever played that left me going "WTF" the entire game. And not the good kind of wtf.

Ps.: I too find the boats to be WAY stronger than they should be. A group of them 1 with AA, 1 with TV can dominate an entire map. And only some serious chopper action can take them down (laser guided missiles with at least 1 engineer supporting you from the side banks)

6287 Comments. 315 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo