Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8591 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 9, 2015, 06:16 eRe4s3r

That is very interesting as you are right ;/ The latest (or rather, last.. est?) Win 7 SP 1 install discs have this checkbox on by default. Well.. you never stop learning apparently.

Then I was apparently wrong.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 8, 2015, 21:13 eRe4s3r

Since when made economic sanctions ever any sense? Crimea with it's illegal annexation is completely fucked either way though... sanctions or not.  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
16. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 8, 2015, 20:33 eRe4s3r

Bleeder wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 20:15:
Someone please explain why they don't ship on a 64GB USB drive versus discs.

64gb USB sticks are expensive as fuck compared to 7 DVD's that you just stamp with masters.

If you don't want the game to cost 100$ you shouldn't ask for USB delivery

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Apr 8, 2015, 20:14 eRe4s3r

Such behavior patterns are associated with depression and anxiety disorders. Constant public existence until a certain point, when depression overrides the urge for attention and people wall themselves in.

This is very worrisome. Maybe I am overthinking things ;/

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 8, 2015, 19:16 eRe4s3r

In those Hardline stats the Visceral PR people don't even realize what a fucking sad proof of the state of the game is when the MOST PLAYED MODE is Hardwire (the so called boost your rank up the wazoo by driving in circles mode)

Which is the primary played mode because.. you guessed it, it allows you to short-circuit the stupid progression system Or so I hear...

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic
18. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Cinematic Apr 8, 2015, 14:57 eRe4s3r

Indeed, leave it to Square Enix to make trailers that actually establish setting and theme. Felt like right back in Deus EX.. that's a good thing Also I still like the golden tint. I prefer if games don't all go for hyper-realism in graphics.  

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 8, 2015, 05:13 eRe4s3r

jimnms wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 22:15:
nin wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 21:03:
It's Recommended, but it's under the Optional banner.

Not for me. Look at the second screen shot I posted, it's in the Important section.

You checked "give recommended updates the same way as important updates"

Which is not default, and that means you changed it to that All recommended updates are by default listed under optional.
It takes user action to change that default behavior. Likely like TONS of other people I know you clicked through that when windows first booted back when you installed it.. easy mistake to make, makes your MS rant quite hilarious though

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed
39. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Revealed Apr 8, 2015, 03:17 eRe4s3r

I am mildly positive that this won't totally suck, since it doesn't target PS3 or X360.... or the WiiU for that matter. And hells if it's even half as good as HR it's a must bust  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 7, 2015, 16:36 eRe4s3r

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 14:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 14:27:
And as a German I frankly don't care the what and hows. NSA / GCHQ spies on me, that means the USA and UK are enemies and not allies.

It's a good thing that no serious decision-maker subscribes to this world view. Germany spies on/in allied countries too.

Well why would you think that my opinion is the one decision makers have? I am a citizen and I consider US and UK gov hostile. Why would you spy on me if we are allied? And do you really believe any European spy agency records all phone calls in the UK or USA? (UK isn't part of Europe.. ;p)

Ps.: And clearly the US sees everyone as an enemy. The NSA even says that in the leaked documents.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming
19. Re: Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming Apr 7, 2015, 16:32 eRe4s3r

Not all BF4 servers run 30hz.. lots of 64 player servers have to host with 10hz or the server application hogs so much CPU that it brings the virtual instance down. There was a lot of anger that Dice/EA decided to hide this in the server browser. As the server owners that DO run 30hz are not rewarded for spending more money on that server  

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 7, 2015, 14:27 eRe4s3r

Ratty wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:26:
What about the illegal surveillance of EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET?
See I don't have a problem with that and I wouldn't call it illegal. Countries have spies. They have spy organizations. They spy on other countries. That's what they do. I'm glad the US does it. We crossed a line sometime back and started spying on our own citizens and yes I have a big problem with that. The Stasi is a good cautionary tale and Snowden did a great public service by revealing how far down that path we've gone but no, we're still a long way from Stasi 2.0.

Of course you wouldn't call it illegal, it is however absolutely illegal to wanton spy on German or EU citizens no matter who does it or why. And as a German I frankly don't care the what and hows. NSA / GCHQ spies on me, that means the USA and UK are enemies and not allies. Also let me just explain to you .. but Germany is part of NATO and a close ally with the USA, it is the core nation in the EU. If you fuck relationship with Germany and hence the entire EU moves closer to China then what is your presidents plan B?

Do you think I want that? I want Germany to be a strong part of the EU, part of a greater thing called the western world. I don't want your retarded government to push my retarded government into some weird alliances with China or Russia. Although maybe to be fair, at least with them we would never assume they see us as true allies

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 7, 2015, 12:26 eRe4s3r

Ratty wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 11:19:
Jivaro wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 11:04:
Noble intentions do not negate possible consequences.
Totally agree. He did something that needed doing but released way more than was necessary. I don't admire Snowden but neither do I revile him. What he did took guts but I wished he would have stuck to releasing things related to the illegal surveillance of US citizens and an out of control security state.

What about the illegal surveillance of EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET? That is far more relevant than the NSA looking at your dick.

To me NSA is nothing but STASI 2.0 - yeah you are ok with it as long as it's on your side, but it takes exactly 1 asshole president and your rights are gone and you live in a police state that rivals the GDR pre 1990. And your weapons aren't gonna save you when the state has 100% accurate lists with potential rebels. It takes 1 sweep in the night and your rights are gone and prisons suddenly have a very healthy and profitable population.

You are calling it a security state, but the US is already a fascist police state. Did you read what the Patriot act allows your gov to do to you without due process, legal binding oversight or any consequences?

As a German it makes me not sad however. Because I think everyone should experience the horrors of the Stasi at least once in their life. It is a good lesson

10. Re: Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming Apr 7, 2015, 11:35 eRe4s3r

Would be nice if 30 ticks was the standard everywhere at least. But I have a feeling that the CTE testing and subsequent patch won't change the hosting landscape. Servers are not equal and you have no way to tell what runs at 10 and what at 30 via server-browser.... not that 30 is enough mind you. But a bit of consistent information on what servers run would be nice.  

8. Re: Battlefield 4 144Hz Netcode Update Coming Apr 7, 2015, 11:23 eRe4s3r

Higher tick-rate does not give you advantage, it reduces the dodgy netcode issues, like instantly dieing without even hearing or seeing someone firing at you (still unfixed in CTE (The seeing someone firing issue, at least, damage is updated nicely)) ;p Or RPG's / HE stuff stuck in vehicles, passing through vehicles, exploding on vehicles not doing damage etc. (still unfixed in CTE). All these server tick rate issues too.

Also it's worth noting that this is a complete joke if they don't increase the ACTUAL server tick-rate. Client tick-rate did never matter in BF4. The problem was servers running at 10 ticks. (which most, including all 48/64 servers, in-fact are) And which is the source of literally ALL the dodgy crap in BF4.

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 6, 2015, 20:23 eRe4s3r

"accidentally"  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2015, 20:11 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 17:42:
Who even says they'll be carbon based? Mebbe they'll be silicon based. And I don't see how size is relative to intelligence. Crows aren't very big but they're hella smart. We don't know even know why our own brains are so large beyond most of it being used for storage. And they used to be a lot a smaller. Hell, we used to be a lot smaller due to nutritional deficiencies. Most of our history people have been only 4 feet tall +/-.

You need to be big enough to build tools and then use them though. A crow can build small brittle tools that it can shape with beak and claws, because it is small, and small brittle tools can never crack a rock, shape steel or build a space-ship.

Also intelligence is usually expressed not just by thinking and applying that to the real world but also by the ability to express yourself towards others.

The greatest achievement of humans after discovering the fire and crafting spears and tools was that they tamed wild animals... And you can only build proper tools if you are large and strong enough. But you can only tame other animals if you are intelligent enough and have empathy. You need to learn to understand another life form in order to tame it. Do you think a crow could ever do that?

News Comments > Square Enix Three-Day Game Reveal Kicks Off Today
13. Re: Square Enix Three-Day Game Reveal Kicks Off Today Apr 6, 2015, 20:01 eRe4s3r

So a dude is sitting for the next 16 hours ? Can't contain my excitement Neat idea though  

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Apr 6, 2015, 15:11 eRe4s3r

I wish Blizzard would be on Steam...  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One
25. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Turns One Apr 6, 2015, 14:16 eRe4s3r

loomy wrote on Apr 6, 2015, 13:31:
RaZ0r! wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 22:02:
Ah I see the GuildWars model.

I love how just buying a game is now "the guild wars model"

I agree though lol

Well yeah, but it is a MMO. It would be nice if this model would cease and the devs just give us proper TRIALS again. I ain't going to pay 50Ä for a MMO that I might actually hate or that has shitty server population in my area.

News Comments > GOG.com Internet Speed Testing
16. Re: GOG.com Internet Speed Testing Apr 6, 2015, 10:39 eRe4s3r

Don't be silly You can't base that on 1 random troll.. I started with 14.4 modems so to me anything before that is like mythical fantasy...

Did run dual ISDN lines though back when phone contracts allowed you unlimited usage.. haha those fools.

8591 Comments. 430 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo