Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9290 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 10:53 eRe4s3r

Is this the patch that...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans
14. Re: X Rebirth Patch; Linux & OS X Beta; New Game Plans Sep 3, 2015, 08:56 eRe4s3r

Slashman wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 20:13:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 19:56:
Slashman wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 19:28:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 19:18:
X Rebirth sucked.. I tried really hard to like this game but it fucking sucked. How can you go from X3: Albion Prelude to this garbage...

They said it was a necessary step. Make a crappy, single-ship game which generally sucks and then use that to buy time and resources to make an actual X game again. Slight paraphrasing by me there...

Did they actually say that? Or is that what you're interpreting the video as saying?

That's not from the video. It is based on posts in their forums and interviews.

They literally believed that the best way to make a new X game was to start from what the first game in the series was. A single ship game with a limited universe. Then they would use that base to make something closer to X3.

Interesting plan...except for the part where nobody liked Rebirth.

Exactly.. nobody wants to play in that universe populated with grandmas and mutated alien lifeforms. X Rebirth killed egosoft for me, and no amount of patching will make that game not something I direly regret ever buying.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Released
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Released Sep 2, 2015, 07:51 eRe4s3r

GunSpeed wrote on Sep 2, 2015, 00:45:
I've uninstalled BF4 a week ago, I don't think this would get me back.

Waiting for SW Battle Front for a change.

There is a way But it'd be Doom 3 all over again.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in February
19. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided in February Sep 1, 2015, 01:53 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 10:52:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 10:41:
Have you seen the preorder BS? Seems like the only way to get the game is to get the collector's edition. They removed missions and stuff from the normal edition. Pisses me off.

Actually, I'm not sure I even understand their pre-order thing...

Yeah, I don't understand it, either (and I'm not wasting any time on it).

If it pisses you off (I don't blame you), wait for the GOTY to go cheap - (short of not buying it) that's the best way to punch them in the wallet.

Tons of GOTY's do not include retailer exclusive crap though

News Comments > MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download?
14. Re: MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download? Sep 1, 2015, 00:01 eRe4s3r

Rhett wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 23:53:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 22:56:
nin wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 21:40:
Playing through Ground Zeroes again tonight - forgot how beautiful this game is. Hell of an engine.

Remember, the folks you save are supposed to be on Mother Base, once you import your game save to Phantom Pain!

How will that work though?

Anyone who played Ground Zeroes should go in-game before playing and Upload Save Data. This new feature was added to the main menu just yesterday, I believe.

Where does it upload to? Steam cloud sync? How exactly does game X have access to cloud saves from game Y ? I sure hope this will just read the savegame from the remote folder (where steam saves your savegames when you have cloud synced them "back")

But I guess we'll see soon I am not hugely worried, I guess if that *cough* 100% *cough* save doesn't work without having to reinstall Ground Zeroes I'll just grab a save that starts MGS5 with all that unlocked.

Played GZ months ago and don't have it installed anymore, but I followed the reddit thread and it said to put it in the remote folder (there were already my 2 files from months ago.. heh) and it'll maybe work.. here is hoping...

Ps.: it's a 20.3gb download (MGS5, just unlocked)

11. Re: MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download? Aug 31, 2015, 22:56 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 21:40:
Playing through Ground Zeroes again tonight - forgot how beautiful this game is. Hell of an engine.

Remember, the folks you save are supposed to be on Mother Base, once you import your game save to Phantom Pain!

How will that work though?

6. Re: MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download? Aug 31, 2015, 20:50 eRe4s3r

Japanese publishers are always completely braindead and have ZERO clue how the western market works, see Square Enix and Deus EX pre-order crap, or various Japanese publishers on Steam that release without ACHIEVEMENTS...  

2. Re: MGS5: The Phantom Pain Disc Requires Game Download? Aug 31, 2015, 19:36 eRe4s3r

My last bought game on a disc was Empire Total War.... ^^  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2015, 17:41 eRe4s3r

The real question is whether you want a router with built in microphone.... made by Google, and thus NSA pwned.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2015, 23:13 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 15:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:57:
Good, all supporters of IS should be put behind bars for life.

While I think ISIS/ISIL is a horrific organization, I think people should be put behind bars if they commit an appropriate crime. This kid basically posted publicly available information. I wonder if this will hold up on appeal.

According to other news stories he posted more than that

News Comments > Star Citizen Social Module Released
6. Re: Star Citizen Social Module Released Aug 30, 2015, 15:00 eRe4s3r

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 14:54:
What the actual f**k! What is a "social module," and how does it relate to battling space fighters?

It's the module that pisses off everyone that doesn't want to (be) social.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 30, 2015, 14:37 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 14:28:
I thought you were referring to the definition of SJW, sorry. Yes, manspreading is a sexist phrase that should never be used.

It is not something you need to be sorry for. It was my fault for not saying that from the start.

In this case I was also not sure what to call these 2 words (manspreading / mansplaining) specifically. Are they newspeak of SJW's? Are they just flat out sexist newspeak? Not sure. But they are newspeak. It was stupid of me to put the SJW there, so I am the one that should be sorry!

For giggles (newspeak)
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de/definition/englisch/newspeak

7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 30, 2015, 14:07 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:49:
El Pit wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 13:15:
mag wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 09:25:
SJW means "someone that cares about social issues I don't care about."

Sometimes it means this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBOQzSk14c

And Monty Python's uncovered the nonsense of SJWs decades ago...

"Sometimes" is one reason why I dislike the label. It is used to generalise and demonise a large group of people based on the actions of a few (or in this case, the fictional), which just makes it a mindless insult and it is especially stupid when typically used by people who think that they are in a movement protesting against generalising and demonising a large group of people based on the actions of a few.

Like the word manspreading does.... ?
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/manspreading

Read that and explain to me how that is in any way not sexist against ALL men by implying that only men do this.

But, I will concede my mistake. This isn't SJW newspeak. This is 3rd gen feminism newspeak. Ash on me for my fault, but to me the 2 terms are nearly interchangeable. SJW (the term) is an invention of 3rd gen radical feminists. To me these 2 are basically the same thing.

Someone who actually wants equality on a social scale is called a humanist

And the other SJW newspeak I meant is this
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/mansplain

Again, absolutely sexist.

Or basically, you missed my point

But I accept that it's my fault. I should have worded it in a way that makes clear I am actually only against those 2 words (because they are sexist), not against the SJW definition in oxford dic.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2015, 14:29.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2015, 13:57 eRe4s3r

Good, all supporters of IS should be put behind bars for life.  

2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 30, 2015, 03:25 eRe4s3r

Not to mention that oxford actually put in SJW newspeak .. shame on them, in fact the editor of Oxford definitely deserves the walk of shame from GoT

Shamewalking, that is.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Live
13. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Live Aug 30, 2015, 02:05 eRe4s3r

Icewind wrote on Aug 30, 2015, 01:25:
D3 is the best ARPG since Sacred 2, IMO.

Gotta agree with that I tried all ARPG's, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, Sacred and more obscure Indie ones (Torchlight etc. )... they don't grab my attention nearly as much as D3 does... and the game now is vastly different to what it was on release. And that is a good thing.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
11. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 29, 2015, 20:49 eRe4s3r

It's very dangerous to generalize like that. There are plenty of people who even fail at googling a problem, and even if they find a solution, chances are some do not understand the solution nor how to apply it. And equally many who do not understand privacy texts like those from MS because it's "too much reading". They click through the installer and do what is said on the screen.

And this is what MS banks on.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: A new version of BloodCM is now available Aug 29, 2015, 02:43 eRe4s3r

TheVocalMinority wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 00:12:
OK I'm looked through the linked web page and still have very little idea of WTF this acually is.

It's a remake of Blood in the Duke3D engine... or some variation of that I guess...

He says to make it run on modern PC's.. but DosBox does in fact make the original Blood run on modern PC's..

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter
26. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Aug 26, 2015, 16:58 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 16:14:
El Pit wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 13:23:
Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 12:31:
DOS was decent, but by no means great. I'll be waiting on this for a deep discount.

Just because I'm interested: can you name pc game that is great in your opinion? A game released in the last decade?

Witcher 3. Ostensibly one of the best games ever made. And too many others to name. If you're really so inclined go and comb my post history for the last decade. Plenty of games get plenty of praise for me. Most however fall into the decent or good, or downright shit territory however.

My fave of all time is the Civ series. I've literally sunk 1000s of hours into it and it's the one game that never leaves my desktop.

Just because I'm not singing something's praises doesn't mean I hate it. When I say decent, I mean decent, not great, not bad. If you're interpreting my saying decent as equating to bad than that's your problem.

And it's worth nothing that I also thought D:OS was "decent" or maybe rather "ok" definitely not great, and ABSOLUTELY not the the best RPG ever. The writing was way way too bad for that. This time they plan to hire REAL writers, and this could be a godsend.

already at 400k+ now, but that's ok, 500k is too little to make this game great.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
16. Re: Diablo III Patched Aug 26, 2015, 11:54 eRe4s3r

Just saying, this hell-tooth change on my WD + pet attack speed 50% boost via cube, pushed my average dmg into the... 90+ millions. PER minion. Now I am just fishing for uniques that complement it. New bounty system is ingenious. And my first goblin dropped a.. vault portal ;p

Funnily my build was already "perfect" for how the helltooth set was changed. Now my WD can "solo" (well + 20 pets) 2nd highest torment. In essence this update tripled my attack power. (I run Zuni + Helltooth + Pet attack boost to 128%

Very neat. And man.. I am only fishing for that ring that gives me 3 tiny golems with cold dmg, my build is entirely cold focused. I think I may have inadvertently reached the "end-game" with my WD... hah and by pure accident (tons of set changes over the lifetime of this WD made sure I never knew what happened post patch..)

I love this patch. But.. there are a few bugs that need fixing ~.~

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2015, 12:00.

9290 Comments. 465 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo