Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8713 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
24. Re: RE: Game Reviews May 24, 2015, 06:43 eRe4s3r

jomisab wrote on May 23, 2015, 16:52:
Totally disagree on the KBM controls. They are very responsive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCUtsyG-B58

If you don't have the issues he showcases there, then you are lying, plain and simple. And I don't get why.. it's a valid complaint imo (no idea how it plays, as I said I won't buy this until way later). But from the videos I saw from people actually playing with KB/M it is a complete fucking mess in combat, as usual. As soon as you have 3 guys (pirates I saw, with shields, and pikes) you are basically just rolling around like sonic the hedgehog doing 1 fast attack then back to rolling and sign casting because anything else is just suicide.

And by the way, the controls in Witcher 2 are not tight, that game I own and in that, the combat is a complete mess too. Especially when you have 4 or more enemies.

I actually did like the combat in Witcher 1.. what I didn't like was that fucking city. What a huge insane drag it is but the swamps, dryads and weird quests there make up for it.

I still think Witcher 1 is the best Witcher game. Mainly because I absolutely ADORED the dice game there ;p

That said, from what I see once the people in the streams got used to that weird as fuck delay to everything they started pwning every enemy. If you are good with your dodges, you are basically invincible (though unlike Dark Souls (hard, haha!) you are not immortal while dodging ,p)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Desura Explains Missed Payments
11. Re: Desura Explains Missed Payments May 22, 2015, 22:39 eRe4s3r

This is by far the dumbest excuse a company has ever put out. Your CEO is sick... so.. what? Your CEO running your payment system??? No replacement in case of illness? No method in place to automate payment payouts?

Is this run by 1 guy from a home ?

Also Bad Juju is not a publisher, it's a data mining middle ware peddler Aka, The Scum of the Internet you see advertising in your games, and online reporting of all your hard-drive contents? That's what Bad Juju does, aptly named indeed.

Also Destiny poisoned the search engine results for Bad Juju So the company probably lost half it's worth just from that.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2015, 22:45.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
19. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:58 eRe4s3r

Would a honest dev post fake screenshots on the steam store page? The game is not ugly, but those screenshots are so clearly fake and edited that it's hilarious they even call them that.  

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed May 21, 2015, 01:45 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on May 20, 2015, 22:57:
Steam certainly has its faults but it's still the best distribution platform out there (Galaxy included). For every bad feature, there are five good features. Galaxy is pretty barebones right now and has the potential to be good, but the DRM-free stance means it will never have anywhere near the selection of Steam. If you play a lot of games and many of those are AAA games, using Galaxy exclusively just isn't viable.

Exactly, and neither is using anything else "exclusively".
If you are a gamer, as in, someone who plays games as hobby, then you are where the games are. And they are on Steam and Consoles.. so monopoly this or console garbage that, if there is a good game and you are not playing it, then this ain't your hobby, now is it?

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed May 20, 2015, 22:35 eRe4s3r

Frags4Fun wrote on May 20, 2015, 20:06:
Do they really not allow us to disable auto-updates? Is this true for all games? What about my modded Skyrim? I haven't been on PC much over the past 6 months so please excuse my ignorance on this.

All games, you have 3 options under Updates

"Auto Updating"
"Only Auto Update when I start the game"
"High Priority Auto Updating"

(paraphrased ;p)

News Comments > BF Hardline Criminal Activity Details
8. Re: BF Hardline Criminal Activity Details May 20, 2015, 22:33 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on May 20, 2015, 21:49:
My fast twitch shooting days are behind me, I don't think I have it in me to play another hyper fast paced shooter like Quake/Tribes/Unreal Tournament.

I think even Hardline is pushing it for how fast you kill/die in the game. "fastest Battlefield yet"

I think if they rebalanced normal mode to be more in line with BF4's tempo then it might have been more successful but instead they tried to push the fast time to kill to distance themselves from all the moaners calling it a BF4 mod. It didn't work.

This is particularly hilarious as Dice is now trying to get the 2 bullet headshot kill back in BF4.. heh

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed May 20, 2015, 19:39 eRe4s3r

HoSpanky wrote on May 20, 2015, 17:52:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 20, 2015, 17:37:
So the author only plays decade old games and a few INDY titles? (Next to Witcher 3..)

That's pretty much what I got out of it.

His complaints about Steam are....pretty weak, honestly. "I have to be online to set offline mode!" and "It updates my games without asking me!" (which you can turn off, but he apparently doesn't care to look into things like that). I'm assuming this is a guy with a laptop who travels a lot, and wants to be able to play games when he's on the road. That's fair, but even then, he could hotspot to his phone to set Steam to offline mode.
And, as already stated, the only recent game he'll have to play is Witcher 3. Considering his apparent lack of internet connectivity, A huge solo RPG is likely right up his alley, but once he DOES finish it...then what? It honestly feel more like this was cooked up by GOG themselves, considering how excited he is over a barely-functional games portal.

Addendum: You can't turn auto updates off anymore, only pause them, which prevents your game from starting if one is queued.

News Comments > BF Hardline Criminal Activity Details
3. Re: BF Hardline Criminal Activity Details May 20, 2015, 19:25 eRe4s3r

Me neither, did not buy it, not planning to  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed May 20, 2015, 17:37 eRe4s3r

So the author only plays decade old games and a few INDY titles? (Next to Witcher 3..)  

News Comments > BF4 Spring Patch to Add New Weapons & Gun Master Mode
13. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 18, 2015, 16:32 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on May 18, 2015, 03:01:
fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, HATE, HATE, OMG HATE, WTF HATE, ALT-F4, UNINSTALL

So very true But a knife kill in BF4 is going to be very "special" as well what with counter and all that....

9. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 18, 2015, 02:50 eRe4s3r

What.. I am shocked to hear you didn't like bouncy grenades that never killed anyone  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 May 18, 2015, 02:19 eRe4s3r

I always find it hilarious that people are even surprised. CD Projekt consolized Witcher 2 up the whazoo, locked aspect ratio, horrid GUI, shitty QTE's... despite there never even being a fucking real CONSOLE version of that in the pipeline back then. So it was even back then pretty clear what that studio thought of PC Gamers.

So to me, this is just CD Projekt doing what it always does. And btw, this is also why I am ZERO hyped for their games. I will play them and decide neutral each time, but no hype.

And imo if you advertise with screenshots on steam on release day that are clearly photoshopped, you deserve some shitstorm anyhow ;p

7. Re: BF4 Spring Patch to Add New Weapons & Gun Master Mode May 18, 2015, 02:08 eRe4s3r

Not sure another game mode will help this game Especially since Gunmaster was on maps where it was always a giant clusterfuck  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. May 18, 2015, 00:09 eRe4s3r

^
Statistics doing the beat down

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
35. Re: Saturday Screenshots May 17, 2015, 15:08 eRe4s3r

Because AMD doesn't have own FABs... Nothing they design they can actually built themselves. Everything is slaved to production cycles and upgrade cycles in chip FABS and I would think console specific chips are protected somehow too. Probably some kind of non competition agreement.

Ps.: How much A10 and A8 are a joke you can see when you get an Intel NUC with Haswell core. Below 20w power usage, but performance like a big desktop thanks to the Haswells scaling extremely well at low clockrates and power ratings... not to mention ABSOLUTELY superior as HTCP because Intel GPU actually worth a damn for transcoding nowadays. And A10? A complete joke in comparison.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance May 17, 2015, 12:18 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on May 17, 2015, 01:04:
They'll get what's coming no doubt. I've seen a lot stuff where Germans are pretty fed up there. I didn't know the media was allying with the citizens too though - because the past few years I heard some media pundits there (kind of like American ones) were actually whining, in articles or on-air, as to why lots of German citizens weren't buying all the anti-Russian hate/hysteria going around. They were getting flooded with Germans commenting about it and calling them out on it.

There is basically a huge rift between established press (Bild, Spiegel, Focus, Zeit) and grass-roots press (fefe in particular) but also to some extend Spiegel online (not the same as Spiegel, for some reason)

And yes, the media houses noticed that they can't direct public opinion anymore, and NOBODY bought that the sanctions are an EU idea here. I think the more this goes on, the less influence sticks to media houses that own entire news in an region. In Germany 5 rich families control 90% of the paper news. Which is why "Lügenpresse" is the newest hyped word in Germany. And to some extend it is even true, our press is a press of lies.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 17, 2015, 00:19 eRe4s3r

I was just poking to see why nobody had commented on this considering it is, as you say.. a common conspiracy theory And this new rule set fits nicely into it.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 16, 2015, 21:33 eRe4s3r

Nobody comments how the first action after this on Reddit, was shadow banning people mentioning Reddits CEO's wife ran a ponzi scheme ?  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
3. Re: Saturday Safety Dance May 16, 2015, 21:25 eRe4s3r

If you think this is bad, you should read the news in educated circles in Germany the past month.. journalism is essentially at war with our Government right now, openly calling them liars and betrayers of our nation (which they are, in a sense).

I don't even know what to think anymore. Our nation is in the ass of the US secret agencies so deep that a probe into illegal activities gets FLAT OUT DENIED nowadays. Yes, ILLEGAL activities, so what, says our gov. Fuck that shit.. and fuck my gov.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic
53. Re: The Witcher 3 Launch Cinematic May 16, 2015, 19:39 eRe4s3r

Flo wrote on May 16, 2015, 19:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 15, 2015, 10:16:
Techie714 © wrote on May 15, 2015, 09:11:
Flo wrote on May 15, 2015, 07:43:
Must. Finish. Pillars. First.

LOL, This!!!

You still have 4 days.... get to it!
Done! The final fight was EXTREMELY unfair, had to cheat my way through it. Never had a problem on normal mode in the entire game. Anyway, ready for Witcher 3...

Completely agree on that by the way, the end fight was ABSURD. I was stuck there for many many retries (beyond 40!) And only won by reducing difficulty...

Sigh, but then I am also not a huge fan of PoEt the more time passes since me playing through it. Something about it just.. didn't grab me. It went through the motions of an CRPG alá BG2, but it never got it right.

8713 Comments. 436 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo