Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9275 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Footage
19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Footage Sep 14, 2015, 07:40 eRe4s3r

Are they intentionally trying to scare away any Battlefield fans? Because they scared me away. Fuck 3rd person. That's a HUGE cheat. No ping display in score browser. Everything mech dies way too fast. Weird auto-aim and really shitty sound too.

What a mess.. another mess no less.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 14, 2015, 07:10 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 14:56:
I need to keep a closer eye on that Game Giveaway site... they have some interesting stuff every now and then. It's been on bluesnews before but I somehow completely forget to check it for weeks.

Better, due to the way timezones work all I ever see is this

This software was available as a giveaway on September 13, 2015, this giveaway is not available any more.

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Sep 13, 2015, 19:00 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 13:46:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 11:52:
So no, the game was an extremely fun and deep stealth experience imo. (And how would you know they are valid points if you never played the game?)

Where did I say that I did? I simply asked a question because none of what you wrote there Eraser is in any way apparent from Mack's review. All I saw from that review was a very corny (storywise) game with a very limited open world, and gameplay that is far inferior to even FarCry. Based on that review I wouldn't touch the game with a 10 foot pole, however what you wrote has me intrigued somewhat.

Well it's entirely subjective, but I loved this game and I am very picky... 125 hours and I am now done with it, but 125 hours that were fun. And I am not sure what people mean with limited open world.. you can enter one of the 2 main country/maps and walk around freely, drive around freely, and do side-ops there, or pick a mission and drive there directly, missions are still missions, side-ops are part of free-roam really, but story missions are points where you get mission data and it "puts you" into mission mode with restricted area and all, and while in open world you can disable communications, disable air radar (gives you more places where your heli can land), abduct weaponry, abduct people for motherbase, or steal resources.. what more would you want from an open world in a mission based tactical espionage setting? Heck the missions, well, most of the missions, are entirely open to your approach, you can go in guns blazing blaring Wagners Ride of the Valkyries from your blackhawk speakers if you really want. Not advisable against heavily protected positions though

And if you want to play this game properly (S ranks, all objectives, total stealth) you need skills beyond that of me. Seriously, I can't manage total stealth in 90% of these missions. (Total stealth means no firing of guns, no knocking people out etc.) so yeah.. not everyone likes it, but Matt hasn't even *understood* the gameplay depth. You can cut the power in an outpost which will cause enemies to favor night vision goggles, you can sneak through which will trigger enemies talking about how stuff disappeared in your next free-roam visit to that outpost, and how they now have a sniper on overlook and cameras installed.

Anyhow.. maybe it's because I bought this that I loved it but It was one of the best gaming experiences I've had this year. That it coincided with my vacation was even better

16. Re: Game Reviews Sep 13, 2015, 11:52 eRe4s3r

When a blind person tells you the world is black, do you believe him?

Every single mission is different as obviously it's a stealth game where your approach decides things, with a few different basic target templates but even that can't be said like that, sometimes you have to stalk targets, sometimes you have to infiltrate and kill, sometimes you have to destroy tanks, or assassinate specific people, but HOW you do that is your choice. and the moment you approach a mission guns blazing murdering people you are gaining demon points and lose heroism. And since locations and positions of enemies differ, as well as their skill levels and equipment (which has big influence on sight/hearing and response patters), even repeating 1 mission can turn out differently.

Chapter 2 is a repeat of Chapter 1, but with a bit more story and more extreme mission settings which DRASTICALLY changes how you can approach a mission. When there are S rank soldiers everywhere you will not be able to do what Matt showed there. When you start with 0 equipment you realize how dependent you were on gadgets....

And re AI. The AI adapts to how you play, gains helmets/snipers/mines/decoys/gasmasks/night-vision/cameras/tank/heli support. That's all that needs to be said about that. It is VERY hard to remain undetected later on and you can't gun your way through the entire game (in fact doing that is the fastest way to a situation where you lose constantly)

So no, the game was an extremely fun and deep stealth experience imo. (And how would you know they are valid points if you never played the game?)

13. Re: Game Reviews Sep 13, 2015, 05:47 eRe4s3r

KilrathiAce wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 05:01:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 21:05:
I was never a big fan of Mack's videos. He's obnoxious and intentionally dense and likes to fixate on minor nitpicks that often boil down to his own personal bias more than anything even remotely objective. He did a video review of Oddworld and repeatedly stated he hates platformers throughout the whole thing. Why even review a platformer if you hate the genre? So stupid. Not sure what Blue finds entertaining about him.

Learn to watch his videos and you will learn why, he clearly makes his points. His MGS and even 2nd video he just made clearly states why MGS is medicore game at best.

You should never trust "gimmick" reviewers

3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 12, 2015, 13:44 eRe4s3r

I loved TPP.. 120 hours, 80% completion. Best purchase this year.. (so far) for some reason I absolutely LOVED it. But now that I am "done" I would say this is easily the weakest and also the best MGS game. I can understand why fans of MGS4 and peace walker hate it though. But for me, who only played MGS2 and MGS5 GZ/TPP this was great experience throughout, and the game is MODDABLE everything is in readable and editable lua scripts.

Online part of the game is quite shit though.

News Comments > GOG.com Indie Piņatas
3. Re: GOG.com Indie Piņatas Sep 12, 2015, 13:39 eRe4s3r

Isn't this kind of gamble shop system illegal?  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week
3. Re: Battlefield Hardline Robbery DLC Next Week Sep 12, 2015, 11:49 eRe4s3r

Self conscious joke or naming gone wrong.. we'll never know  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 12, 2015, 09:13 eRe4s3r

NamecaF wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 07:41:
Rather than Europe, Australia, the US, etc take all these refugees - how about the oil rich, neighboring countries (like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the UAE) take them in? Have they even taken any?

The rich neighboring countries have taken in no refugees. There camps in the poor neighboring countries of course, and the refugees coming to Europe, are from THESE (no doubt horrible) camps, not actual emergency refugees from Syria that spawned out of nowhere or even recently.

Also I wonder if Syrian refugees aren't in for a world of despair once they realize that they can't have their families come into Germany until they asylum request has been granted (And this takes a VERY (2+ years!!!) long time thanks to the relevant agency being completely drowned in requests). And maybe still better, even being permitted to stay does not guarantee a long-term stay in actual Germany or family acceptance. (in fact, it's often the case that illegal entering of the family can void the request for the man, putting him in jail and up for deportation)

Point being, the young men moving here to establish a base for their family to follow, they are literally living a dream that doesn't exist in several regards, based on false rumors, maybe even spread by those rich neighboring oil nations...

News Comments > DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases
10. Re: DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Pre-purchases Sep 12, 2015, 06:32 eRe4s3r

I hope DCS will get access to modern planes, modern ECM ECCM and radar, and modern avionics at some point. All the planes here are cold-war relics. (because documentation is available, I get it) But I want a realistic modern flight sim.. is that such an alien want?

And also, modernized F4E is an absolute must, I want to be able to see how that super advanced NATO sensor suite they mount on the F4E's actually works I hear they can detect people in forests from up to 10km up with that thing and have a full blown interconnectivity with ground forces.

And while at it.. this game needs modern AA too, it's lacking a TON of air defenses that were created post cold war.. so more interesting content I guess would also be nice. BUt a new map is good too... considering how weird it is to fly an A10 across Ukraine/Georgia or whatever it was.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 12, 2015, 03:46 eRe4s3r

If Firefox shows me even one ad I didn't specifically request, then that's 3 less PC's using Firefox in Germany and my lifelong loathing of Mozilla.  

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 11, 2015, 17:42 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 16:05:
Verno wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 14:57:
Immigration has done great things for America and I feel for the refugees but we're just getting back on our feet financially, I'm not even sure we can afford to take them all in. We have our own poor and hungry right here at home. Plus isn't everyone always bitching about America being too involved in world affairs? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

There's a world of difference between meddling with or invading other countries for the benefit of your country/its decision makers, and helping out in a humanitarian crisis - particularly when this crisis is partly caused by our countries' meddling.

eRe4s3r, what would you have The Verge write? It seems that they are damned if they do show empathy, damned if they don't.

Well, they could start by not putting criminal smugglers in the spotlight and promoting them? Doesn't really matter if they are the kind that takes money or whether they do it for morality and fame, they are criminals breaking the law only facilitating suffering.

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 11, 2015, 13:33 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 13:10:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 12:45:
SJW's don't just appear ever more unsympathetic and devoid of empathy, in the face of the greatest refugee crisis the world has ever seen, they complain about a photoshopping a smile on a pretty girl?

Sigh. And while we are at it, how many refugees has the USA, cause of wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria taken in again?

One of these things is not like the other...

Wasn't necessarily just related to this 1 article... I was reading a bit aside that on the Verge. Which brought me to this

Where the Verge actively promotes Illegal border crossing of refugees into Germany

And as a German I find that not just extremely questionable.. but also highly illegal. So "The Verge" just being it's usual assholish self I guess.

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 11, 2015, 12:45 eRe4s3r

SJW's don't just appear ever more unsympathetic and devoid of empathy, in the face of the greatest refugee crisis the world has ever seen, they complain about a photoshopping a smile on a pretty girl?

Sigh. And while we are at it, how many refugees has the USA, cause of wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria taken in again?

News Comments > Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed
21. Re: Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed Sep 11, 2015, 04:43 eRe4s3r

Devinoch wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 16:26:

Uh, no. MTGO has draft - it's paid, but it is the original form of drafting. Saying MTGO doesn't have drafting is like saying Hearthstone doesn't have a sortable card collection - just because you didn't see it on first glance doesn't mean it isn't there. MTGO has hundreds of drafts firing every single day.

You are right, the game I meant was Magic Duels

The draft in MTG:O costs 15$ or equiv on average, I doubt many sane people utilize that.

A proper draft is what, you ask?

This
http://www.cardhunter.com/quick-draw/

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2015, 04:55.

News Comments > Master of Orion Video Diary
6. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Sep 10, 2015, 14:57 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 09:46:
Hang on. Are they remaking MOO2 like in a HD format or something (like the recent Homeworld(s)) or are they making a brand new MOO4 or something?

That's the question isn't it. So far they haven't really said much to indicate their direction at all. Aside from purrty cats and space-ship graphics. But so far it definitely seems more like MOO 2.5 if that makes any sense...

16. Re: Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed Sep 10, 2015, 14:40 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 14:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 10:10:

All I want is a game like HS without the online PvP crap. For a casual player, the latest expansion really, REALLY, broke the game. And remember, EU b.net the user number situation is different. You have a good chance to be matched against a good player even if you are not.

How do these stack up: Magic, Scrolls, & Cardhunter?

Depends on which Magic you mean, MTG 2014 is awesome, with tons of mods (and over 9000 ! cards) assuming you know how the external deck builder works. Magic Online on the other hand is too restricted. And as for match making, well MTG 2014 has none Magic online is decent but you find the decks you know to hate there.. no proper draft type or arena type game modes at all.

Scrolls, I found interesting but ultimately boring. I bought it, but now that they shut it down I have even less motivation to play...

And Cardhunter is fun, but doesn't tickle the same nerve as MTG 2014 with mods for me, or HS for that matter before all the expansion stuff.

To be honest the only game of those you mentioned I actually still play is MTG 2014 with TONS of mods and over 700 different deck types, not all of which the AI can handle, but it can handle enough of them This robs you of online play mostly, but for me as I said, card game in SP is far more fun, and there is very little catering to that imo.

Most importantly, I can play MTG 2014 (once unleashed from steam, because that's kinda required) locally and that is HUGE fun too... I just dislike online CG pvp

4. Re: Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed Sep 10, 2015, 10:10 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 09:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 09:46:
Implement proper SP only leagues with card pack rewards not locked behind a paywall... how about that? Hearthstone is REALLY really grindy now.

SP only leagues? Huh? SP as in Single Player?

Yeah, themed AI enemies from the lore that you face of in an Arena style battle, 2 modes, Constructed and Arena. In a sort of league, so you compete in a football style match-making best of 32 for the top spot. Winning that gets you X card packs. Now wouldn't that make people actually PLAY the game rather than just skip it once they realize PvP for a free to play player is now totally broken?

All I want is a game like HS without the online PvP crap. For a casual player, the latest expansion really, REALLY, broke the game. And remember, EU b.net the user number situation is different. You have a good chance to be matched against a good player even if you are not.

1. Re: Hearthstone Power Inflation Addressed Sep 10, 2015, 09:46 eRe4s3r

Implement proper SP only leagues with card pack rewards not locked behind a paywall... how about that? Hearthstone is REALLY really grindy now.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans
16. Re: Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans Sep 10, 2015, 09:37 eRe4s3r

It'll be a laugh when Beth is trying to smuggle FO4 workshop paid mods in through this submission process via backdoor

For me, any mod not on the nexus (or another better to remain unnamed site) doesn't exist

9275 Comments. 464 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo