Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7178 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA4 iCEnhancer Mod Author Taking a Break
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2014, 14:15 eRe4s3r

garrywong wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 14:05:
What's with people with such thin skin nowadays?

It's because everyone thinks in these absurd copyright terms... world would be a better place without.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2014, 13:01 eRe4s3r

I'm against mods that can be bought for money, that is all.

And yes, that includes paying money for a CS reskin.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 28, 2014, 12:53 eRe4s3r

Of course they do... were there any doubts an illegal court is also corrupt? How else you think judges would ever allow themselves to violate the law they swore upon if they aren't already corrupt?

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2014, 13:08.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: GRRM Jul 28, 2014, 12:43 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 11:38:
I can sort of understand him not wanting to be there. After all, it's gotta be rough watching other people do in five years what you weren't able to do in 15.

Or more likely all the sex and boobs, and the mother of dragons... are distracting him ;p

News Comments > GTA4 iCEnhancer Mod Author Taking a Break
3. Re: GTA4 iCEnhancer Mod Author Taking a Break Jul 28, 2014, 10:02 eRe4s3r

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 09:54:
iCEnhancer is really just an ENBseries filter with custom settings by some dude. Yes, they look great in the right instances, but it's not the graphical overhaul that people come into it thinking that it is. That requires hours of seeking out and downloading textures, cars, etc to get anything remotely close to what he shows as "his mod".

This pretty much. It always confused me people consider ICE a proper mod, it is not, it is a shader overhaul, without new textures, new cars, new everything, everything still looks the same ol in slightly different shades of color.

And by the way, it also doesn't really look all that good on it's own...

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: Rise of Nations: Extended Edition Jul 27, 2014, 19:15 eRe4s3r

LittleMe wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 16:28:
BobBob wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 16:19:
Is this worth getting over my old version? I like to play this game from time to time. One of the greatest RTS games ever made.

Um... Yes?!

No it isn't... very small changes to graphics and pointless steam and twitch features.. that's it. At least in the old version mods work

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 27, 2014, 19:01 eRe4s3r

dubfanatic wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 15:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 13:38:
And I said it before, but KS should really start getting involved in enforcing KS rules properly....

There was no rule broken. Idiots and their money are quickly parted, and Kickstarter will happily facilitate that (and take their fees for doing so)

There is actually a rule regarding fulfillment of backer rewards... which was violated in this case, and KS ignores it

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 27, 2014, 13:38 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 12:57:
Man, between this and Areal, what is it with asshole KS devs lately?

Where there is free money there are scam and con-artists

And I said it before, but KS should really start getting involved in enforcing KS rules properly....

News Comments > The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed
1. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 12:53 eRe4s3r

Well that's good to hear ,)  

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 26, 2014, 21:20 eRe4s3r

Too bad it's not a new expansion.. Dragonfall was decent, but unless the changes are massive it's not worth a replay...  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jul 26, 2014, 20:56 eRe4s3r

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 20:47:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 20:04:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 17:46:
The combat and traversal in AC never required any skill. I've played all of them and it's always been "hold-two-buttons to automatically run, climb, jump, hop, swing, etc" and "hold block and press counter to automatically kill enemies." In terms of combat, the series has actually improved slightly with each iteration. In the first game, you could literally hold block and press counter to kill every single enemy in the game. In the sequels, they added enemy types that required a slightly different tactics.

Am I crazy, or do I remember being able to climb a little higher and faster in older games, which let you use a jump and grab technique that is no longer possible? Also seemed to be easier to grab ledges when you're falling in the past, which opened up more opportunities for quicker descent. It seems in their effort to make the motion more fluid and foolproof, they've removed player ability/ingenuity from the equation.

The jump and grab was something you unlocked in ACII. It's been in every game since as far as I am aware. It's still pretty easy to grab ledges when you're falling. I have trouble not grabbing ledges when I want to free fall.

Yeah same here, in every AC so far I had more problems with the grabbyness of the char I would want to admit... my stupid char always grabbed everything he could, even when I wanted him to just RUN or fall...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2014, 17:36 eRe4s3r

Good to know scientists noticed to tell us about that storm just.. 2 years after it happend Money well spent I'd say!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 25, 2014, 21:01 eRe4s3r

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 11:40:
Well i'm man enough to admit when he's wrong. It still seems like a vulnerability the more you update that TC volume and sync it to dropbox though. Also who's this Lilith you speak of eRe4s3r

Haha, my bad I was playing a bit Diablo 3 and heard the name there so often.... the mind takes curious shortcuts sometimes

If truecrypt encrypts properly and you use a good algorithm then delta syncing should be as secure (or insecure?) as truecrypt itself is. Since only a self-contained segment/piece of a whole container is sent, in essence this is as secure as the whole container is, or isn't.. depending on your settings.

I think truecrypt couldn't even work without doing this kind of thing to the container. If it re-encoded the entire container for each change, you'd kill your CPU and HDD in the process if it's full/large ;p

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 2014, 21:08.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 25, 2014, 20:14 eRe4s3r

LittleMe wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 19:06:
Nah F2P can be done right and the market is slowly choosing the better models that we like. Romero is right about that. It's evolving. There are publishers and developers want to give us what we want.

There are VERY few "done right" f2p games.... vs a billion shitty mobile games (and some pc games too ,p) that all cost either miniscule or nothing, and yet are filled with timers, grind, and constant nag-screens (or advertisement)

I mean I get where you come from, HS and DOTA2 and what not are f2p games done right, but these are few and far between no?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 25, 2014, 17:40 eRe4s3r

Free to play is everything that's wrong with the industry.. so very fitting Romero talks about that as the future of PC gaming  

News Comments > On SaleOn Sale

3. Re: On SaleOn Sale</p> Jul 25, 2014, 17:36 eRe4s3r

Fion wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 17:15:

Speaking of which I'm still *sniff* kinda broken up about S2e4 Walking Dead. I'm fearful my decisions will lead to even more :/

Yeah.. that last scene was pretty damn .. wow... first time in a while a story forced me to just walk away for a minute and think about what the fuck I just saw and.. in some way.. caused to happen.

Pretty much every decision in this episode hurt

News Comments > On SaleOn Sale

1. Re: On SaleOn Sale</p> Jul 25, 2014, 16:39 eRe4s3r

So where is Broken Age act 2 again?  

News Comments > Screencheat Embraces Screencheating
6. Re: Screencheat Embraces Screencheating Jul 25, 2014, 10:25 eRe4s3r

wtf_man wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 09:55:
I think a much more interesting twist on this would be:

Everyone Invisible
Can see the weapon fire
Stuff in the environment easily disturbed (has movement as you walk by)

No real need for "screen cheating"... just watch the environment / other's gun fire and take pot shots. If you hit they become bloody visible just before they die or explode or whatever.

Problem with that is that everyone would camp...

10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 24, 2014, 22:28 eRe4s3r

Longswd wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 20:40:
dj LiTh wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 19:11:
Longswd wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 15:48:
Data is data, even if it's a container. Anything capable of backing up only delta changes in a SQL db should also be able to backup a Truecrypt volume.

Its pretty clear you dont understand how encryption works, and if it did work like you suggest then it would be easily defeated.

Uhm, yeah? No.

www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-ways-to-securely-encrypt-your-files-in-the-cloud/

The relevant portion:

"Why Dropbox? Good question. Dropbox can synchronize only the changed portions of large files, while Google Drive and SkyDrive can only synchronize entire files (as far as I can tell). This means that, if you have a 2GB TrueCrypt drive and change a small file in it, Dropbox will upload a small portion of the TrueCrypt file, while Google Drive and SkyDrive will re-upload the entire 2GB file. Some other cloud storage services may also offer delta uploads – be sure you choose one that does if you’re using a TrueCrypt volume."

Given that truecrypt likely does the "lazy" approach of container (ie, it's a bunch of self-contained parts like torrent protocol does it) delta change syncs are secure... assuming the sync tool is advanced enough, detecting which hashed part of a file changed is easy and sending that over and merging it is as well.

So sorry, DJ Lilith but Longswd is right, delta syncing of truecrypt volume is possible, and secure.

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 24, 2014, 10:53 eRe4s3r

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 10:11:
I will never understand why people who are concerned about privacy don't user services like Spideroak instead of Dropbox.

As soon as you mention "security costs money" most people shut their brains off. Services like dropbox exist and finance themselves from the data mining they do. And ease of use plays into the hands of security issues as well.... most people are too lazy to use a password manager, or a usb-keystorage device to encrypt data. And as soon as you mention "it might cost money" ... there goes security out of the window.

7178 Comments. 359 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo