Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8572 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Launches Paid Mod Support
82. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 21:12 eRe4s3r

Medwynd wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 19:24:
jimnms wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 14:38:
Even though it has been a while since I played Skyrim, I just checked out three random mods that I use that appeared in the pay list on Steam. All three of those mods are now pay what you want, with a 99 cent minimum, and are no longer available on the Nexus. It looks like users aren't happy about it either based on the bad ratings and comments being posted.

I only see 19 mods out of 25254 mods for Skyrim on Workshop that are paid mods, all of which I have never heard of or used.

Which ones in particular did you see that were off nexus and now paid on steam? I just updated all my mods for Skyrim on monday so I am all good still.

Cold and Wet and it's sub-mods discontinued updates on free version (both on Nexus and on Workshop) and basically overhauled the mods to re-release as a paid version (Also making the 2 mods (with same name!) incompatible in the process)

And they ask for nearly 5€ ! They gotta be insane.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 15:22 eRe4s3r

theglaze wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 14:45:
I bought GTAV so I could fool around with mods as they came out, but now I have to pay for those? Fuck off.

Mods for GTA5 will always be on Nexus only Steam literally doesn't allow dll mods.

Which also makes half of the listed mods (Cold and Wet) illegal. As they require SKSE which you can definitely not ever sell on Steam ;p Considering it reverse engineers the entire game and hooks into hundreds of calls.

23. Re: Steam Launches Paid Mod Support Apr 23, 2015, 15:15 eRe4s3r

Bingo This is steam trying to quash the Nexus and nothing more.. and in the end the goals is definitely to squash free modding entirely.

I hated steam workshop with a passion because of the retarded auto-update that ALWAYS fucking BROKE .. EVER SINGLE FUCKING GAME I STARTED MODDED IN CIV5

FUCK YOU VALVE indeed

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced
11. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trilogy Announced Apr 22, 2015, 22:33 eRe4s3r

Yeah not sure what to make of the announcement of 2 stand-alone expansions before release of even gameplay footage...

Could either be very interesting or a complete rip-off.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 22, 2015, 12:33 eRe4s3r

Was it any surprise a UK bangster was the one doing illegal stuff like that? Stock markets are completely out of control  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2015, 09:17 eRe4s3r

This is a huge bad change by the way, if you own a TV that has youtube functionality you can basically kiss that feature goodbye and this doesn't just concern cheap smart tv's...

What the fuck google...

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Patched
5. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Patched Apr 21, 2015, 20:48 eRe4s3r

The biggest joke regarding Online is that if you drive a car into a garage, your camera rests, the park after the animation of driving is parked next to you, and aside from chatting you can no longer do ANYTHING.

Aka, garage stuck issue. Not fixed ;/ (Btw, yes.. a variation of a 2 year old bug found on consoles)

Imo Online is unplayable anyway considering you are wasting 99% of the time staring at a loading screen... as good as the port is (to some extend) SP wise, Online is a total absolute mess.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Early Access
9. Re: Killing Floor 2 Early Access Apr 21, 2015, 18:50 eRe4s3r

I watched some weird as shit promo gameplay (at least it was declared so on youtube) and the game shown just bored the shit out of me. KF1 was.. uh.. competent but not mind-blowing. KF2 just looks like a clone with better graphics and slight tweaks.  

News Comments > New Mass Effect Details?
14. Re: New Mass Effect Details? Apr 21, 2015, 18:45 eRe4s3r

Rigs wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 17:39:
I haven't read the post yet but back when ME3 came out, I said that a Freespace2-style space-combat sim based on the final stand at Earth would kick so much ass and take so many names, it'd need it's own wiki! I mean, picture an engrossing, full-immersive Oculus-ready EliteDangerous/Star Citizen type sim with battles like that last one in ME3 and I would gladly hand over a year's salary!...ok, maybe not a year, I do have to eat and if I lose my house I'd need gas for my car/bed...but holy shit, KICKSTART that, pronto, yo! Nod

=-Rigs-=

Someone MUST be doing that... but I dunno if I wanted to control a giant ass cruiser alá ME3 end-battle with the controls of Freespace 2 It'd have to be more off-hands and more VR immersive

I still think the absolutely best match would be Silent Hunter meeting Mass Effect

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 21, 2015, 13:31 eRe4s3r

Only thing needed for the site to be mobile friendly is 2 point larger font, a slight space between each link (And comment) and getting rid of sidebar

Well.. and a slightly improved post comment field...

Someone would jsut need to do this and send to blues, and we could get rid of the PDA link, and make a proper MOBILE link ie m.bluesnews.com that redirects to other (mobile) style

On top of the page a link to get back to bluesnews.com OR to m.bluesnews.com

From the sounds of it 99% of that is just CSS trickery.

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Next Week
2. Re: Kerbal Space Program Next Week Apr 21, 2015, 13:21 eRe4s3r

More boosters!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 21, 2015, 11:20 eRe4s3r

Not surprising considering most engines are CPU bound when loading assets, and not IO bound (When using an SSD, anyway)  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 20, 2015, 15:05 eRe4s3r

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 20, 2015, 10:21:
Comic-Con Silicon Valley: Where your favorite movie actors and electronic entertainment publishers hang! Enjoy our super-expensive venue! Roll the dice for a decent hotel! Fly into the butt-end of America (bring your own water and vaccines) to enjoy 3 days and 4 nights of SWAG.*

* Actual comic artists are in the back - most couldn't actually afford to attend. Your chance at SWAG is directly affected by your ability to no-life it in line for 4 hours. Bring $20 for con hot-dog and forget about wifi during your stay.

Most manga artists can't afford to attend normal comic-con either ^^

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 20, 2015, 03:18 eRe4s3r

What does it matter when you have content.. when the gameplay is boring as hell?  

News Comments > New Mass Effect Details?
13. Re: New Mass Effect Details? Apr 19, 2015, 10:14 eRe4s3r

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 19, 2015, 05:19:
WaltC wrote on Apr 18, 2015, 22:14:
I'd dearly love to see someone come along with a graphically renovated, up-to-date version of StarFlight. Taking wormholes to distant star systems (or just traveling there while consuming a lot more fuel), mapping solar systems, orbiting planets and then scanning them for life and/or mineral deposits, landing and then taking an ATV out to look at the alien scenery in person--to start mining operations and capturing and/or battling the native lifeforms...;) I'm constantly surprised year after year that nobody's done that yet. The possibilities are endless...!

Those games already exist, freelancer and eve fit the bill and the way they are usually implemented is boring as fuck. That's why fast action shoot the aliens /w action movie special effects works.

This so much, if done straight these games are nothing but animated excel sheets or watching grass grow simulators... Mass Effect 1 had the right mix imo, I loved driving around those planets exploring. Even though the buggy was annoying as hell, a bit more mad-max style vehicle driving would be more my thing...

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
1. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Apr 19, 2015, 08:54 eRe4s3r

says ARS, a supposed tech site that still hasn't figured out how to implement HTTPS In the year 2015  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Apr 17, 2015, 07:53 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 07:03:
“As her detractors grow increasingly unhinged, we have proof that her efforts are working.”

and that literally means she is a troll

Indeed, if she had another goal than to unhinge her detractors (nice wording for people that disagree with her personal opinions by the way..) she would have become a politician. instead she is trolling and flame baiting, on any decent forum she'd be under the ban hammer. But apparently we don't have moderators worth a damn in the real world.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
48. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 17, 2015, 06:29 eRe4s3r

sdgundamx wrote on Apr 17, 2015, 00:59:
I'm curious about what control scheme people are using... only mouse and keyboard? Only controller? Both?

I started out intending to switch to controller for driving but I actually got pretty used to it with the m&kb.

KB M all the way, but for flying it's kinda yanky With some tweaking it's ok though.

For first person bike mouse control

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 16:13 eRe4s3r

So I like it too But I don't have it on Steam.. GMG deal and 40 hours ! downloading later I played it for 12 hours so far, in between a fun dentist visit.

Fun game

Also it is absolutely mindblowingly well optimized.. If you set it so you don't max out your VRAM you are basically set for smooth FPS..

Only issue I had so far was that you can't change the "weapon" when it dual uses a slot, you have the press the number key for the weapon in question to toggle between them in the same slot.

News Comments > GTA5 GeForce Drivers
38. Re: GTA5 GeForce Drivers Apr 14, 2015, 11:55 eRe4s3r

Joss wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 09:43:
jomisab wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 09:08:
Played for a short while last night before forcing myself to go to bed at 2am.
You held out longer than me then. I was worried a little but this game is buttery smooth on a 680GTX (2gb vram) @ 1080p.

The shaders in this game are un-fucking-believable!

This makes me very hopefuly that the end of this giant ass download time I get a game that runs smooth (670GTX 2gb)

I don't care about 60fps.. smooth is all I care about

have to say though, downloading this is anything *but* smooth. Chokes my entire internet connection.

8572 Comments. 429 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo