Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6289 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 10, 2013, 06:54 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 02:31:
It sounds pretty good. I'm definitely excited to play in Ze City Ov Berlin!

Yeah

Q:
Are you exploring any special pricing or other benefits for players who already own Shadowrun Returns?

A:

...No...

Steam buyers get the shaft.... makes me want to spend my money elsewhere. And yeah... I know it's cheap anyway, but wtf are they thinking? KS gets it for free and we steam pre-order dudes don't even get a tiny rebate? Not even a single unique item or skin?

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2013, 07:34.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patch
20. Re: Battlefield 4 Patch Dec 10, 2013, 06:25 eRe4s3r

DarkCntry wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 05:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 03:24:
Recon UAV drone you can throw (it's a mini plane) can roadkill people.. yes, a 50cm paper thin mini drone can kill people flying into them...

And those that get "runover" by one deserve it, as it takes a total of one hit from ANY weapon to actually destroy it...and not to mention that anyone actually paying attention will hear/see it coming.

Recon U-CAV can kill tanks with 0 counter measures in 2 hits, first hit imobilizes, infinite ammo, TV missile grade damage to carry around and spam... DICE AT THEIR BEST... the go-to-spam-attilery-of-choice in all matches... once DLC unlocks for everyone the game will become an unplayable glitch-fest again. Awesome.
Not sure if you've actually tried to fly the UCAV, unless you're standing about 10m from a vehicle, the battery dies...it also controls like the scout helicopter if it had been on a bender of speed and red bull.

For the most part, the 'reload' of these two items also is very prohibitive, not to mention that like the Supports mortar, it requires the player controlling them to be quite susceptible to attack.

Mhhh, let's just say that you should really try to use the UCAV more before you say it is hard to hit a vehicle or inf guy Because it's really not.

And the drone can be flown like a super charged attack jet. On most maps where there are defenders defending something this thing can score 20 to 30 kills before it is ever noticed by anyone. Good for your KD, but bad for the game.

** Originally wrote more, but meh, the UCAV will be banned anyway from most good hardcore servers, no point worrying over it **

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2013, 06:42.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Dec 10, 2013, 05:52 eRe4s3r

Still a good 2 + 1/2 months ;p Pledged for this and getting good vibes... a world oozing with detail and depth, but that you can derail at your leisure is what makes great stories in an RPG. Can't wait (But will have to anyway) ;p  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 10, 2013, 05:26 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 04:12:
I've already fixed this problem with StartIsBack, seamless integration into the OS, doesn't run as a background program or service.

Proper Start menu on Windows 8. $3 bucks and done.

It is only a band-aid until they remove ALL TRACES of Metro and the entire crapload of modern APP nonsense.

Even with the start-menu application, you end up booting into Metro. And that is unacceptable.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patch
18. Re: Battlefield 4 Patch Dec 10, 2013, 03:24 eRe4s3r

If you think BF4 is a unbalanced glitchy mess... well you haven't played the DLC,

Recon UAV drone you can throw (it's a mini plane) can roadkill people.. yes, a 50cm paper thin mini drone can kill people flying into them...

Recon U-CAV can kill tanks with 0 counter measures in 2 hits, first hit imobilizes, infinite ammo, TV missile grade damage to carry around and spam... DICE AT THEIR BEST... the go-to-spam-attilery-of-choice in all matches... once DLC unlocks for everyone the game will become an unplayable glitch-fest again. Awesome.

Gonna ignore this now.. i am fed up. Back to BF3

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $34 Million
42. Re: Star Citizen Hits $35 Million Dec 9, 2013, 19:04 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 23:19:
Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 19:34:
Pumas wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 17:24:
I think Creston has the right line of thought here because the blurb specifically says that at least one of the planets lie on the event horizon of the black hole (the chthonian world). At that point, you would not even be able to see the planet from outside the event horizon, assuming that it wasn't already being disintegrated, because light is being pulled inwards.

Not only that, but it would be an entirely sterile, dead rock because of the gargantuan levels of radiation.

But enough science, as long it looks pretty it's cool.

Yeah, that was my thought. Any planet orbiting a black hole would need one hell of a Van Allen belt to be habitable.

Also, wouldn't it be eternal nighttime? Black holes are, uh, black.

The nice thing about black holes is that they can suck suns in ;p So you are never going to run out of ambient light... gases from suns tend to glow nicely in radiation too.

It'd be 100% deadly all the same though.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2013, 18:27 eRe4s3r

dj LiTh wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 14:09:
I never understood why gamers buy creative's shit sound cards that cost as much as really good entry level prosumer cards. 6months ago i got a Focusrite 2i2 usb card to go along with my 8" monitors (speakers) and its pretty awesome. Never had any driver issues with anything. Works on Win7/8/OSx etc. Anyways ya, just let creative die already.

That can only be said by someone who doesn't have a 5.1 system ,p I would never trade away my XFI. Sounds superior and that is not imagination. Not to mention that it supports stereo surround upmixing in various forms... if you have 5.1 but want to listen to "normal" music you know why that is important.

I tried running my Teufel system over realtek onboard chip and that was a disaster...
There is a CLEARLY better sound on my XFI than on oboard or cheap noname usb soundcards

Also contrary to popular believe, the Windows 7 drivers are fine. No audio issues since.. well, a long long time. Only with Vista was a short transition where the drivers sucked. But nowadays, no game has issues for me.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2013, 18:33.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2013, 18:12 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 00:06:
Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 22:47:
Same reason most people don't buy something, it doesn't appeal to them, duh.

Well, yes, but why exactly? That's what I was trying to answer.

To be less snarky.. The easy to spot problem from their trailer is this.. they had no hook. No superbly polished gameplay element that was unique or well executed even. They had physics puzzles and platforming.. but compare to dust (great combat/story and superb animations) or snapshot (absolutely unique gameplay element)

And secondly.. 120 sales is no surprise, given that I heard about this game exactly twice, and the first time it was by pure accident in a related video link on youtube (back when youtube still worked right) when I watched random gameplay footage of some weird platforming game... the generic art-style and gameplay did not help. Looked like something I played dozens times before and is pretty much why until Dust, I hated all 2D sidescrollers.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 9, 2013, 17:56 eRe4s3r

Ah.. now that it costs them overseas business companies discover their backbone? Too little, too late.  

News Comments > The Division Engine Trailer
13. Re: The Division Engine Trailer Dec 8, 2013, 22:59 eRe4s3r

Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 18:01:
EDIT ... and they seemed totally focused on people, but as far as I could tell that would work for any 3D object. No need to pay an artist for hours of labor creating objects, just stick any object in there you want and voila an extremely highly detailed rendering in minutes.

Mhh, buy a AC10 for a few hundred million, or pay an artist 200$ to model it... decisions!

News Comments > The Division Engine Trailer
8. Re: The Division Engine Trailer Dec 8, 2013, 19:26 eRe4s3r

Wake me when Spike discovers what HD is  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
23. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 8, 2013, 19:25 eRe4s3r

Axis wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 16:37:
The only hope for America is to get rid of all these lousy asses on both sides (of which are the vast majority) and get people like Cruz and Lee who actually have a clue and real passion to go along with it.

They scare the fk outta libs and repubs both, and for good reason.

2 Party system promotes assholes .. so you'll never see that unless the USA somehow magically throws a full scale revolution.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Dec 8, 2013, 19:01 eRe4s3r

1) Because the site didn't load within 1 minute of waiting and 502's

If you can't afford a proper site host, you don't deserve my money nor my attention ;p

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Dec 7, 2013, 00:22 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 22:45:
I don't think it would be exciting enough in it's current setting. If you could do say a Steampunk/Shadowrunner/Waterworld setting you'd be onto something that I'd be interested in.

Same here, some proper open world on the oceans maybe even with sci-fi elements would be something awesome. Reminds me of something I wanted ever since Silent Hunter... I want a modern sci-fi silent hunter style game, with RPG elements, open world, dynamic and all that. .. but nobody makes that ;/

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 5, 2013, 21:45 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 21:28:
Man pays $750 for a piece of paper he thought was an Xbox One.

The auction listing stated it was for a photo of the console, not the system itself. However, Clatworthy said he still expected to receive the Xbox One because the item was listed in the "video games and consoles" category on eBay.

Hahaha! I know it was a dickish thing to do but I can't help laughing. The seller posted a photo of the console and sent the same photo to the winner! That's hysterical!

I don't get how it is misleading either.. it clearly said "photo" and he got the photo... sure was an expensive photo... but that ain't misleading, and people buy butt fucking ugly "art" for more.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 4, 2013, 23:06 eRe4s3r

Bodolza wrote on Dec 3, 2013, 12:40:
It's well over $200, but I have a Sony Xperia Z tablet, and I think it's pretty nice. It's got plenty of horsepower for what I use it for, which is mainly reading comics, and watching videos on the go, and some gaming. It's got native support for dual-shock controllers. Water-resistant is very handy for cleaning - I just run it under the faucet. Also full 1080p and has an SD card, which is essential for me on trips so I can load up movies and music.

I'm still surprised by how thin and light the thing is whenever I pick it up. No other device I've used makes me feel more like I'm living in a Star Trek episode.

All that said, I still hate typing on tablets, so I get out the laptop for any real work or web browsing.

I dunno what you do to your tablet, but for me just wiping the screen with a (dry!) micro-fiber cloth is enough to make it sparkle again..

Currently my main problem is finding some decent RPG or dungeon crawler to play on it. Anyone know any good ones for Android? Please don't say Final Fantasy...

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed Dec 4, 2013, 22:56 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:21:
bigCstyle wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 16:14:
Well... after all the trolling, incompetence, anti-consumer, anti-community, borderline illegal (or more) practices from the gaming industry in general over the years... I no longer pay more than 10 dollars for a game anymore anyway. Its a lot easier to take all this (outright) abuse when I stopped paying more than 10 dollars for a game.

Yup, that's exactly how to do it. I'm absolutely done with pre-ordering, and unless it's something I'm absolutely dying to play, I'm not buying shit day one anymore either. Too many devs think they can release plain unfinished shit for me to feel like I owe them full price anymore.

I'll buy their games on sale or not at all.

Same here, I am done with pre-ordering or buying full price as well.. Rebirth was the last stone.

I don't care about refunds much, because if I pre-order something then I already accept beforehand the fact that it might be a total piece of shit game... but enough is enough. Is why I didn't buy BF4 for full price, haven't bought premium, and will never again buy anything full price.

Except kickstarters of games I'd absolutely love to play. But I pretty much got the games "funded" I want to play... Eternity, Original Sin, Torment 2, Wasteland 2 and... these games from the Psychonauts dudes, always forget their names..

And then of course, star citizens and that elite remake which seems to become what Rebirth should have been. But I didn't fund Elite remake exactly because of my fears about Rebirth.... too many promises broken with space games...

News Comments > More Battlefield 4 Issues
24. Re: More Battlefield 4 Issues Dec 4, 2013, 21:43 eRe4s3r

I think I can add a nice little funny thing here....

You know what happens when you pre-ordered but did not buy premium? If you a join a server with DLC map active you crash on load. If server changes to a DLC map, you crash without warning. If you select customize on Pacific large conquest, you crash to desktop.

Basically, currently you are stuck playing on 100% guaranteed no DLC servers or you will... crash.

I only paid what, 30 for this, but I am getting fed up as well, they didn't even fix the god damn 1 hit kill bug properly. Because it still happens randomly.

And of course, you can't join 50% of the servers because of random error msg .... dice did it again.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 2, 2013, 23:02 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 19:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 12:44:
I got a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 for ebooks now. Superior in every way. Not being bound to Amazon for eternity is a nice plus.

I know could have gotten the 3 version but meh, it was 30 more expensive for nothing I really cared about.

I haven't really looked at tablets until now. I'm probably going to need one in the coming year for work. Is the Galaxy the one I want to be looking at? I'd love a Surface Pro but no chance in hell for what MS wants for them. Something more in the 200'ish dollars range is what I'm thinking.

Well that really, I mean REALLY depends on what you want to use it for.

I got the WI-FI only version mainly because I have absolutely 0 need for a mobile phone connection in a tablet, using it for mostly reading, browsing websites, youtube and a few other things, like e-books and watching the odd video from my NAS. And 7.0 version because of better power and handling (anything larger than 7" and you will really really strain holding it)

Essentially I am using it to read at night, watch news in the morning (don't have TV) and generally just save some power during the day I have WI-FI in 100% of the places where I am during the day as well, so this was a major factor.

You are absolutely gonna need WIFI though. Alone in 5 days or so I used about 1gb of traffic, can't imagine you setting this up on a mobile phone connection ;p

What surprised me was that the thing could play HD 720p x.264 encodes with (mostly) no issues from my NAS, though sometimes. Battery holds about 2 days on energy saving mode though.. so if that bothers you... ;p

If you say what you have in mind using it for I can tell you how that would work. It's small enough to hold, and I got a leather cover so it can stand on the table to look at without getting neck pain... but it's not a PC replacement.

You can type on it relatively fast but it's not gonna be something you want to type on for lengthy periods ;p
You can take notes easily, read emails easily, and use VPN and access SAMBA shares easily. So there is that. This was a big factor for me, it had to support some way to access my NAS in folder view, and allow me to browse the network. And that basically means... Android 4+ or Windows Surface Pro 2, and there was no way I was going to pay 500 for a tablet.

News Comments > Steam Breaks 7M Concurrent Users
29. Re: Steam Breaks 7M Concurrent Users Dec 2, 2013, 22:01 eRe4s3r

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 15:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 13:17:
You can't say PC Gaming is booming when 9 out of 10 pure PC-games come out as broken messes. I forgot to mention Legends of Pegasus ;p It's not just Publishers, Quality of releases went downhill overall.
It's unfair to look only at PC exclusives, as they tend to be rather niche - there is simply more money in multi-platform games. That's not to say there aren't quality exclusives though, as Civilization V, Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Dota 2, Company Of Heroes 2, Starcraft II and Star Citizen demonstrate otherwise. Heck, even games like Portal 2 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown aren't PC exclusives yet I consider them PC games. What you have to look at is the quality of games overall and the likes of Far Cry 3, Metro: Last Light, Dishonored, Borderlands 2 and Bioshock Infinite are all superb games and without consoles they simply wouldn't have had the same level of investment and support.

Of course I'd love to see more PC-exclusive titles like Star Citizen that really work to the strengths of the platform and are based around what fans want but I very much enjoy gaming as much now as I did 15-20 years ago. The reality is that the influence of consoles is a fact of life but discerning PC gamers have forced developers to take the platform seriously, in large part because of Steam.

I find you mentioning Diablo 3 quite funny... I hope we don't see another 100 post shit-storm about it's broken Itemization and AH idiocy. Star-Craft 2 equally, never have I played a less inspired RTS, World in Conflict was a dozen miles and leagues better.

And I would put several "buts" behind Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2. BL2 single player mechanics were a mess and the DLC integration absurd (no shared loot....) . Bioshock Infinite was a bad shooter with great story. And Dishonored was great, but could have been so much more. (Not bad games overall,p) Far Cry 3 now that I agree, that was one of these "awe" games Metro LL was also great.. but XCOM Enemy Unknown could have been much much better.

You know, I don't disagree you with you.. I just want way more good games, and way less games like Sots 2, Rebirth, Sim City 5 or Diablo 3

Not saying it was a bad year for gaming, because it wasn't that... It just was the year with the most disappointments ^^

And if I had to put my greatest favorite of the year in writing, it would be Dust in terms of pure surprise (never thought I'd enjoy a 2D platformer this much, 100% completion and all ,p) and secondly Far Cry 3

But not much more than that goes into my "all-time favorite" lists ;p Except of course, Kerbal Space Program.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2013, 22:10.

6289 Comments. 315 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo