Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7414 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Rights Devoured by Piranha
13. Re: MechWarrior Online Rights Devoured by Piranha Sep 10, 2014, 18:18 eRe4s3r

When you can pay for a gameplay advantage, it is the very definition of pay to win...

And considering how this shitty matchmaking works the game is exactly as much shit as WoT is. Where it puts you ALWAYS in a game where 2 premium players on each side have the internal chance to win the match of above 40% and everyone else gets pooled in these games to be gunfodder.

It is not as grind heavy as WoT but the pay to win nature of these games pervade their entire gameplay, that you can not see this just means you do not UNDERSTAND how pay to win concepts translate to gameplay.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Open Beta This Month
8. Re: Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies Open Beta This Month Sep 10, 2014, 17:06 eRe4s3r

Bopper wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 14:25:
Counter-Strike Online is one of the highest grossing F2P pc games in the world. Also check out "Crossfire". They are both modded versions of the original CS and are both operated by Nexon and huge in South Korea.

http://www.develop-online.net/analysis/pc-free-to-play-s-billions/0192597

No idea what the appeal is but there you go

I have equally no idea what the appeal is.. oh well To each their own...

News Comments > Next Total War Reveal This Month
21. Re: Next Total War Reveal This Month Sep 10, 2014, 09:03 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 08:48:
Man I would dig a WH40K Total War.....although....the tactical part is a perfect and natural fit how are they going to handle the strategic layer for a game like that??

Strategic layer would be the thing they'd have to completely re-invent.. that's true. But it's not like that is the strength of Total War lately anyway. A new take on the entire strategy layer, unit recruitment and army movement paradigm + siege/rally would be very welcome.

They could move requisition to a space faring flag-ship (1 per "leader" you have) that enters planets with it's fleets, and engages the fleets there, then if successful, planet can be invaded and installations and cities can be captured.

Or the entire game moves into space? Granted, WH40k would require a huge effort to get right... so maybe it's just a dream after all. Imo China is most likely.

17. Re: Next Total War Reveal This Month Sep 10, 2014, 06:39 eRe4s3r

PunkiBastardo wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 06:25:
Well there's also this:

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/137295/creative-assembly-making-warhammer-games

It's from a couple years ago so hopefully they didn't ditch the idea...

Exactly why rumors are this is Warhammer related, they never directly announced it or showed it after all, and we know for sure it is not that F2P Arena title. ^^

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing
11. Re: Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing Sep 10, 2014, 04:34 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 21:49:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 19:10:
If the BULLDOG and AWS are any indication balance will be completely fucked by the time they finish with BF4.. it was the last Battlefield I bought anyway. As much as I enjoy a good match on Silk Road the entire rest of the series bores me to tears nowadays. Heck, I think I am going to buy COD this year. For the first time since.. holy crap.. I think Cod 2

I just want a sharp, proper shooter. And BF4 has just too much bullshit kills going on. Their high latency bubble didn't fix shit. I still see tank shells EXPLODING and not getting a hit-marker (on helicopters especially) I still see people that somehow take less damage from hits than others.

Well, BF4 is never going to be a 100tic, sharp registry shooter like CS1.6 or CS:S or something. Gotta get over that. Supposedly the CTE patch is going to help out a little, but it simply won't ever be a highly responsive game. Shooting Helos and Jets down is a bit annoying, but you just have to lead them more than the graphics show, aka shoot to miss in front, and you will hit dead on 95% of the time.

I still haven't found a game that's going to replace the mass carnage in a conquest large round on Golmud Railway/Silk Road/Caspian Border, etc. Too bad "competitive" BF4 is so focused on 5v5 nonsense, this game would be beautiful to spec competitive 12v12 or 16v16 conquest matches, or even 20v20s.

Aside from that, AWS/Bulldog don't bug me much, although they are overused, I do way better than average vs them with SCAR-H, PKP, F2000, ACE52CQB, etc. The new DEagle is way more of an imbalance compared to other pistols, imo.

True enough, but the Bulldog is really just a better SCAR-H since it's a straight upgrade in every respect. And weapons like that should never exist in a balanced shooter. Deagle is extremely imbalanced mainly because revolvers (which previously were awesome in BF3) got a hilarious delay. And then there are ballistic shields and helicopter mines which just exacerbate the bullshit. And now mechs and hover-tanks....

I play nearly exclusively silk road nowadays. But aside that BF4 is pretty much dead to me. Normal infantry only maps are nearly 100% bulldog and aws. Floaty kills and unresponsive deaths. And I still die without getting a single indication I am being shot at... at ping 20

I will wait for the CTE but I want a proper, responsive and snappy sharply playing shooter. And aside from COD there isn't really an alternative now is there? CTE release is still nowhere to be seen.

5. Re: Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing Sep 9, 2014, 19:51 eRe4s3r

I am not stoked for any game made by DICE anymore.. too much bullshit and false promises ,/  

4. Re: Next Total War Reveal This Month Sep 9, 2014, 19:31 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 19:16:
This is a sensitive time for Creative Assembly, I think a lot of people's patience is wearing thin. Sorry eRe4s3r, but I can't understand why anybody would pre-order from Creative Assembly at this point.

I expect they'll promise fancy new AI that will turn out to be as broken as ever. I wonder how grovelling their announcement is.

I would only pre-order if it's Warhammer 40k Total War Obviously I am aware of their broken promise regarding AI.... but Warhammer 40k! How can I resist that? If it were really what they announce....

News Comments > Transverse Announced
5. Re: Transverse Announced Sep 9, 2014, 19:24 eRe4s3r

I feel like this is not gonna go over well MWO perfectly demonstrates that this company should never be let loose on a MMO. what with all the disgruntled MWO founders and what not...  

3. Re: Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing Sep 9, 2014, 19:10 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 18:41:
I don't know, I'm kind of looking forward to a SW:Battlefront where half the people are running around with lightsabers trying to melee each other, then I come along in an AT-AT or something and just start stomping on people and blowing their sit up completely.

Also the maps look pretty good in this video, don't know if those brief glimpses were of a hover tank and a mech of some sort, not sure how that's going to play out, balance wise, in BF4.

If the BULLDOG and AWS are any indication balance will be completely fucked by the time they finish with BF4.. it was the last Battlefield I bought anyway. As much as I enjoy a good match on Silk Road the entire rest of the series bores me to tears nowadays. Heck, I think I am going to buy COD this year. For the first time since.. holy crap.. I think Cod 2

I just want a sharp, proper shooter. And BF4 has just too much bullshit kills going on. Their high latency bubble didn't fix shit. I still see tank shells EXPLODING and not getting a hit-marker (on helicopters especially) I still see people that somehow take less damage from hits than others.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2014, 19:27.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Stephen Hawking: Research on the ‘God particle’ could cause space-time to collapse. Sep 9, 2014, 19:04 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 18:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 13:03:
Holy fucking shit. rawstory.com gets on my blacklist with this bullshit

Yeah, rawstory used to be a good collection of news, politics, and science you didn't see very many other places. But the past few years it has become very clickbaity.

And yeah, that was my thought: if what happens inside a supermassive blackhole hasn't caused space-time to collapse, probably nothing we could do would.

At least not without building dyson spheres and focusing all that energy on a single point in the universe (which may or may not actually recreate the creation event of the universe, I doubt a single or a dozen stars produce enough energy to do something like that). Which is so far out of reach for humanity you might as well be talking about elves and orcs and magical fireballs. Heck, Shadowrun becoming reality is more likely than space-time collapsing

2. Re: Next Total War Reveal This Month Sep 9, 2014, 18:36 eRe4s3r

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 17:57:
I want the American civil war. After the Fall of the Samurai I thought it could have been a possibility, now I'm not so sure.

Empire Total War already has that as mod... and 3.6 of that is supposed to be out this month.
TWCenter

Ps.: Far more likely is a off-shoot into Chinese history or Medieval 3. Total War Empire was the least popular Total war of them all, so civil war and that entire era are very unlikely. But who knows ,) Shogun 2 was predictable and so was Rome 2. I think they are going for a entirely new era and setting anyway. Otherwise they'd not say there would be surprises ;p Or maybe total war "future". But that'd really be a surprise.

Or Warhammer 40k - Total War Now THAT I would instantly pre-order

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2014, 19:06.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Stephen Hawking: Research on the ‘God particle’ could cause space-time to collapse. Sep 9, 2014, 13:03 eRe4s3r

Holy fucking shit. rawstory.com gets on my blacklist with this bullshit

Hawkings own words by the way
A particle accelerator that reaches 100bn GeV would be larger than Earth

And if he honestly said what rawstory.com quoted anywhere, then he should never again be a spokesperson for science. !

Why? Because 1: It's not called the god particle and secondly, 100bn GV is less than what a black hole produces per millisecond. And even if it were true, in the last 6 bn years or so you'd think someone would have tried to build such a collider already and we are still here... so yay? Bullshit story is bullshit.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2014, 13:11.

News Comments > Op Ed
78. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 12:08 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 17:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 17:09:

And like any good gamer I also had a huge stack of gaming mags .. but I had to throw them away ;/////

My wife wishes to hell I would too. Half a closet's worth of space wasted...

More like half of my entire cupboard space I had to choose between my favorite game boxes or gaming mags. A female was involved, but she didn't pressure me, it was a hard cold ruthless decision of the "where the heck am I going to put this when I move?" kind.... I am very practical when it comes down to it. Gaming mags offer nothing the Internet doesn't. But my beautiful Baldurs Gate 2 box looks very pretty ;p

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Sep 9, 2014, 10:10 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 10:05:
Task wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:46:
I still laugh every time I see that word "Gamergate" as if its somehow anything 'like' Watergate. "One of these things is not like the other one."

Yeah, I hate that term. It just sounds so melodramatic.

Melodramatic you say?

NSFW: https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Main_Page

The Internet feeds on drama.

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Ship Customization Video
6. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Ship Customization Video Sep 9, 2014, 08:10 eRe4s3r

Suppa7 wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 07:41:
Cliffs games leave a lot to be desired but they sure do look pretty. I wouldn't really call them games, more toys then anything. I'd love it if beat hazard and space battles had a baby, I'd love to play the beat hazard ship againts a fleat of space battles ships while the music is playing.

The problem with cliffs games is he either needs to take Space battles in the 4x like direction of simulation, or go the smuppy beat hazard route of an action game. This toy simulation with microscopic RTS elements that plays out fixed as you watch the game play itself is petty bland.

His game caters to super casuals.

GSB2 mixed with a 4x would be really neat... it's absurd he never actually does anything with his ideas. He just polishes them up, but he never connects the dots for a truly great game.

News Comments > Op Ed
61. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2014, 17:09 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 17:06:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 16:18:
Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 16:09:

4) Hey, I thought we were disagreeing here?

Nah, I mostly agree. I just wanted to clarify for the yung'uns. Back in our day, we pined for our copy of CGW and checked our mailboxes daily for a week until it came. And we read it cover to cover. Twice. That's the way it was, and we liked it!

I remember going nuts over E3 articles. Tiny postage stamped screens and 15 word blurbs, yet I'd identify what game was the next big thing to me due to it. Hell, any preview - I was 100% right on getting obsessed with Half Life based on 3 screens and two sentences, but 100% wrong thinking that, after Half Life, Prax War would be the next big thing. In that famous upcoming shooters preview, those were the two I loved. And based on essentially zero information.

Now? E3 seems annoying, not interesting.

Oh yeah.. that is very true.. nowadays E3 just seems like more noise on a noisy day at best... and at worst you can't even tell apart anymore what is or isn't E3 news, even during E3 ;p

And like any good gamer I also had a huge stack of gaming mags .. but I had to throw them away ;/////

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 8, 2014, 17:05 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 10:55:
Lifes certainties: death, taxes, Adobe security flaws and Calibre needing an update every damned time I open it.

That... THAT SO MUCH... argh

News Comments > Op Ed
55. TLDR is a thing Sep 8, 2014, 16:36 eRe4s3r

Well others already told you, but TLDR is a thing that a news site should always be FUNDAMENTALLY aware.  

News Comments > Independent Games Festival Defends Judging Process
3. Re: Independent Games Festival Defends Judging Process Sep 8, 2014, 11:56 eRe4s3r

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 11:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 11:27:
Ask any indy, and you will know that the IGF has the highest "juror did not play the fucking games they are judging" rate of all the award shows.... funny huh?
I think most people buy a lot of indie games but don't actually play them beyond a few minutes.

Well, of course We are not judging them for any awards though. My first action when I see a game I never heard about is always "Gamename" "Let's Play" on youtube anyway. ^^

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2014, 11:34 eRe4s3r

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 11:23:
Do these game sites even have time to review games with all the crusades they're undertaking right now?

RPS is a game site? You could have fooled me!

7414 Comments. 371 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo