Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6282 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 12, 2013, 08:06 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 04:51:
Youtube can die a slow death, someone else should step and grab the business.

Indeed, the attitude youtube has towards it's MAIN USERBASE is fucking hilarious. It's nothing but a lame ass push to make managed channels stand above affiliates. So that the upper 1% youtube channels are exempt from content ID, but the affiliates are not.

This, together with the upcoming monetization review process is going to kill youtube for it's intended use. That's sharing videos.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bedlam Game Announced
2. Re: Bedlam Game Announced Dec 11, 2013, 09:54 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 09:25:
18 critically acclaimed novels and won numerous awards for his works

And yet no one has heard of him.

But that in itself doesn't really mean anything ;p Could be good or could be bad...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 11, 2013, 09:48 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 09:26:
YouTube copyright strike barrage discussed, game publishers not the source.

From what I've read, they seem to be music based takedowns.

I think it's great. Automated takedown system that youtube uses (Content ID) is broken as hell. And any large mishap brings attention to that.

Only this time, they flagged stuff so extremely hard that most will think twice about going back to youtube. And that's good, more competition wouldn't hurt, and may get google to give a shit about youtube again.

News Comments > Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered
21. Re: Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered Dec 11, 2013, 09:32 eRe4s3r

Ceribaen wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 08:36:
Jerykk wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 04:39:
saluk wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 23:57:
Ceribaen wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 22:56:
Not a fan of the fact that they're setting up a poll though to open up more stretch goals.

Getting a Star Citizen feeling out of that... We'll just watch the next 6 months as they keep running a funding drive and adding stretch goals and not ever see a final product pushed out.

Not getting a Star Citizen feeling about it at all, but definitely not a fan of adding any more stuff at this point. It's nice that they opened it up to a poll first, but people are always going to vote yes on those kinds of thing. "Do you want us to make the game better? Yes/No"

So... what exactly is the problem here? If people are willing to give them more money to make the game even better, why is that bad? Sure, it will push the release back but if that results in a better game, is that really an issue?

Honestly, if you expect a Kickstarted game to meet its estimated release date, you haven't Kickstarted many games. Every single game I've Kickstarted has been delayed and in every case, this was to the benefit of the game. People complain about publishers pushing games out before they're ready and now they're complaining about crowd-funded games being delayed. Seems like developers just can't win.

Because I don't want to see feature creep at this point.

April 2014 was the KS date. It's now Winter 2014... and they're pitching for more funding/stretch goals (which implies pushing things out further). Just take what you have. Build it.

Or make it clear that any stretch goals go into an expansion or sequel of some sort so it doesn't impact the quality and delivery of the current game in development.

Most of the stretch goals they are talking about were pretty much asked for by fans. Namely: As many companions as there are classes and more wilderness to explore.... both hardly feature creep ;p And neither would delay any development currently going on. As you can assume the people writing companions and the ones making art assets will not be busy until release day, but they *could be* if they had more money. And that meant more content would be made in that time.

If it stays with these 2 primary stretch goals your worries are unfounded Neither will delay the game.

News Comments > Legends of Persia Announced
6. Re: Legends of Persia Announced Dec 11, 2013, 04:51 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 04:28:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 19:53:
Quinn wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 19:40:
Doesn't look good either.

Wasted effort if you ask me. If I'd be a starting developer, I wouldn't invest money on an engine with graphics that of course won't impress anyone and animations that will cost more money than that they will get in return for awe. Instead, I'll hire some (freelance?) designers and make a 2D game with beautiful art and an awesome story with good dialogue and awesome "choice & con" stuff. Relatively cheap but very engaging stuff that involves the player's moral compass etc. Make a name of yourself in this way and make an awesome game with the profits.

I'm sick of all these forgettable, mediocre indie stuff. I'm an early bird, evidently, but there will be a time that the gaming community's warm welcome for new devs will turn into fanatic disdain. I think I'm already there -- the more of the lame indie stuff coming out, the more I'm getting pro-EA, -Activision, -Ubisoft, -Bethesda etc.

Blegh. Tired & drunk. Bye.

Nothing wrong with that. If you want fully immersive gameplay experiences there are only so many developers that can deliver that... Indy's most certainly can not. Unless you are having insane funding success on KS

I can't even tell you how much I want another game sort of like Mass Effect right now. For all that can be said about the trilogy, it was pretty damn epic to play and experience.

I like the more barebones RPG's like Project Eternity and Original Sin, but they tickle another itch.... there are so very very few good big RPG's coming up...

Hell yes, I still get vomit in my mouth when I think about how they ended Mass Effect (although I hear the Citadel DLC is some sort of medicine for that?) but the trilogy was just fantastic. The world sucked me in so far I just couldn't let it go in real life. I was at work, playing that stupid Mass Effect app that had some minor impact in the actual game itself just so I could remain in that wonderful world.

It's exactly what I mean, eRe4s3r. It's that experience like Mass Effect's and Dragon Age's that I miss so very much these days. And there are indeed so very very few good RPG's coming up. I'm putting my hopes up for The Witcher 3, of course, and even Dragon Age 3 after that last Alpha session I've seen. But that's all late 2014 stuff if we're lucky.... T_T

The Citadel DLC isn't medicine, but it makes the ending OK It's still 3 colored choices, but at least you get a *proper* epilogue that takes all your previous choices into account. Speaking of Mass Effect, I guess it says a lot about me that the thing I liked most about it, aside from Tali, that Turian and Legion, was the mere fact that everything oozed atmosphere.

And yeah, besides those 2 you listed I am not expecting any other "big" immersive RPG in 2014... I dunno, maybe Watchdogs and The Division will be good as well. Although they are 3rd person shooters last I checked... but that doesn't have to mean they are bad rpg's ;p

Whatever happened to that Prey 2 game?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
19. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 11, 2013, 04:23 eRe4s3r

dj LiTh wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 23:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 19:56:
dj LiTh wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 09:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 07:47:
John wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 07:26:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 04:12:
I've already fixed this problem with StartIsBack, seamless integration into the OS, doesn't run as a background program or service.

Proper Start menu on Windows 8. $3 bucks and done.
Yeah, that's what I got and love it. Boots to desktop and that's where I stay.

The app boots you right into desktop? How? The login screen is in metro isn't it? Or is it somehow skipping that?

I dont have the app, just 8.1 and i boot straight to desktop as well. As for a login screen, i've never had to 'login' to win8 (that goes for 8.0 and 8.1)

Ah... so things are changing slowly for the better then... I never tried Win8 again since the RTM version.

So basically you can use Windows 8.1 now without ever seeing the Metro tile GUI ?

If you use one of the start programs, i'd wager yes. Although without it you dont spend more then a few seconds in it (as much as you ever did the start menu). Win8.2 seems to cure all concerns by bringing back the start menu (without addon), and having windowed 'apps'.

Good to know... Guess I'll give Windows 8.2 a test drive once it's out.

News Comments > Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered
13. Re: Project Eternity Renamed; Trailered Dec 11, 2013, 00:50 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 23:25:
Looks very cool. And it looks like it might work on my laptop so I can play it on the plane!

That's nearly guaranteed with 2.5D games ,)

And yeah, super hyped.... combat looks like it should. The game will be defined by it's writing, dialog, choices, quests and characters though.

And of course, by the setting and theme. Which are impossible to judge before playing it.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 10, 2013, 20:05 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 18:50:
But Apple is a person, by law. So if they're a person then we can assign them the same things we would any other human being. Jobs was always ant-charity, anti-worker, anti-America and that's how he wanted Apple to be.

Says more about the law and the people that made it than anything else ;p How did they not end up in an insane asylum?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 10, 2013, 19:58 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 18:18:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 06:54:
Steam buyers get the shaft.... makes me want to spend my money elsewhere. And yeah... I know it's cheap anyway, but wtf are they thinking? KS gets it for free and we steam pre-order dudes don't even get a tiny rebate? Not even a single unique item or skin?

I think I recall seeing a deluxe version on Steam that included Berlin. It was around $30+ though?

I don't even know anymore I must at some point check out the big modules for Shadowrun, but too few people use the Nexus site for it so I am left searching. Can't find shit on Steam Workshop. Such a terrible sorting and rating method.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2013, 20:06.

17. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 10, 2013, 19:56 eRe4s3r

dj LiTh wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 09:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 07:47:
I've already fixed this problem with StartIsBack, seamless integration into the OS, doesn't run as a background program or service.

The app boots you right into desktop? How? The login screen is in metro isn't it? Or is it somehow skipping that?

I dont have the app, just 8.1 and i boot straight to desktop as well. As for a login screen, i've never had to 'login' to win8 (that goes for 8.0 and 8.1)

Ah... so things are changing slowly for the better then... I never tried Win8 again since the RTM version.

So basically you can use Windows 8.1 now without ever seeing the Metro tile GUI ?

News Comments > Legends of Persia Announced
3. Re: Legends of Persia Announced Dec 10, 2013, 19:53 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 19:40:
Doesn't look good either.

Wasted effort if you ask me. If I'd be a starting developer, I wouldn't invest money on an engine with graphics that of course won't impress anyone and animations that will cost more money than that they will get in return for awe. Instead, I'll hire some (freelance?) designers and make a 2D game with beautiful art and an awesome story with good dialogue and awesome "choice & con" stuff. Relatively cheap but very engaging stuff that involves the player's moral compass etc. Make a name of yourself in this way and make an awesome game with the profits.

I'm sick of all these forgettable, mediocre indie stuff. I'm an early bird, evidently, but there will be a time that the gaming community's warm welcome for new devs will turn into fanatic disdain. I think I'm already there -- the more of the lame indie stuff coming out, the more I'm getting pro-EA, -Activision, -Ubisoft, -Bethesda etc.

Blegh. Tired & drunk. Bye.

Nothing wrong with that. If you want fully immersive gameplay experiences there are only so many developers that can deliver that... Indy's most certainly can not. Unless you are having insane funding success on KS

I can't even tell you how much I want another game sort of like Mass Effect right now. For all that can be said about the trilogy, it was pretty damn epic to play and experience.

I like the more barebones RPG's like Project Eternity and Original Sin, but they tickle another itch.... there are so very very few good big RPG's coming up...

12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 10, 2013, 07:47 eRe4s3r

News Comments > GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee
34. wish gog would have win95 games Dec 10, 2013, 07:23 eRe4s3r

Yes I know... impossible.. but maybe?  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 10, 2013, 06:54 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 02:31:
It sounds pretty good. I'm definitely excited to play in Ze City Ov Berlin!

Yeah

Q:
Are you exploring any special pricing or other benefits for players who already own Shadowrun Returns?

A:

...No...

Steam buyers get the shaft.... makes me want to spend my money elsewhere. And yeah... I know it's cheap anyway, but wtf are they thinking? KS gets it for free and we steam pre-order dudes don't even get a tiny rebate? Not even a single unique item or skin?

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2013, 07:34.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patch
20. Re: Battlefield 4 Patch Dec 10, 2013, 06:25 eRe4s3r

DarkCntry wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 05:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 03:24:
Recon UAV drone you can throw (it's a mini plane) can roadkill people.. yes, a 50cm paper thin mini drone can kill people flying into them...

And those that get "runover" by one deserve it, as it takes a total of one hit from ANY weapon to actually destroy it...and not to mention that anyone actually paying attention will hear/see it coming.

Recon U-CAV can kill tanks with 0 counter measures in 2 hits, first hit imobilizes, infinite ammo, TV missile grade damage to carry around and spam... DICE AT THEIR BEST... the go-to-spam-attilery-of-choice in all matches... once DLC unlocks for everyone the game will become an unplayable glitch-fest again. Awesome.
Not sure if you've actually tried to fly the UCAV, unless you're standing about 10m from a vehicle, the battery dies...it also controls like the scout helicopter if it had been on a bender of speed and red bull.

For the most part, the 'reload' of these two items also is very prohibitive, not to mention that like the Supports mortar, it requires the player controlling them to be quite susceptible to attack.

Mhhh, let's just say that you should really try to use the UCAV more before you say it is hard to hit a vehicle or inf guy Because it's really not.

And the drone can be flown like a super charged attack jet. On most maps where there are defenders defending something this thing can score 20 to 30 kills before it is ever noticed by anyone. Good for your KD, but bad for the game.

** Originally wrote more, but meh, the UCAV will be banned anyway from most good hardcore servers, no point worrying over it **

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2013, 06:42.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Dec 10, 2013, 05:52 eRe4s3r

Still a good 2 + 1/2 months ;p Pledged for this and getting good vibes... a world oozing with detail and depth, but that you can derail at your leisure is what makes great stories in an RPG. Can't wait (But will have to anyway) ;p  

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 10, 2013, 05:26 eRe4s3r

It is only a band-aid until they remove ALL TRACES of Metro and the entire crapload of modern APP nonsense.

Even with the start-menu application, you end up booting into Metro. And that is unacceptable.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Patch
18. Re: Battlefield 4 Patch Dec 10, 2013, 03:24 eRe4s3r

If you think BF4 is a unbalanced glitchy mess... well you haven't played the DLC,

Recon UAV drone you can throw (it's a mini plane) can roadkill people.. yes, a 50cm paper thin mini drone can kill people flying into them...

Recon U-CAV can kill tanks with 0 counter measures in 2 hits, first hit imobilizes, infinite ammo, TV missile grade damage to carry around and spam... DICE AT THEIR BEST... the go-to-spam-attilery-of-choice in all matches... once DLC unlocks for everyone the game will become an unplayable glitch-fest again. Awesome.

Gonna ignore this now.. i am fed up. Back to BF3

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $34 Million
42. Re: Star Citizen Hits $35 Million Dec 9, 2013, 19:04 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 23:19:
Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 19:34:
Pumas wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 17:24:
I think Creston has the right line of thought here because the blurb specifically says that at least one of the planets lie on the event horizon of the black hole (the chthonian world). At that point, you would not even be able to see the planet from outside the event horizon, assuming that it wasn't already being disintegrated, because light is being pulled inwards.

Not only that, but it would be an entirely sterile, dead rock because of the gargantuan levels of radiation.

But enough science, as long it looks pretty it's cool.

Yeah, that was my thought. Any planet orbiting a black hole would need one hell of a Van Allen belt to be habitable.

Also, wouldn't it be eternal nighttime? Black holes are, uh, black.

The nice thing about black holes is that they can suck suns in ;p So you are never going to run out of ambient light... gases from suns tend to glow nicely in radiation too.

It'd be 100% deadly all the same though.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2013, 18:27 eRe4s3r

dj LiTh wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 14:09:
I never understood why gamers buy creative's shit sound cards that cost as much as really good entry level prosumer cards. 6months ago i got a Focusrite 2i2 usb card to go along with my 8" monitors (speakers) and its pretty awesome. Never had any driver issues with anything. Works on Win7/8/OSx etc. Anyways ya, just let creative die already.

That can only be said by someone who doesn't have a 5.1 system ,p I would never trade away my XFI. Sounds superior and that is not imagination. Not to mention that it supports stereo surround upmixing in various forms... if you have 5.1 but want to listen to "normal" music you know why that is important.

I tried running my Teufel system over realtek onboard chip and that was a disaster...
There is a CLEARLY better sound on my XFI than on oboard or cheap noname usb soundcards

Also contrary to popular believe, the Windows 7 drivers are fine. No audio issues since.. well, a long long time. Only with Vista was a short transition where the drivers sucked. But nowadays, no game has issues for me.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2013, 18:33.

6282 Comments. 315 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo