Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7193 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > First Diablo III Paragon 1000 Livestream
7. Re: First Diablo III Paragon 1000 Livestream Aug 12, 2014, 12:26 eRe4s3r

I'm not even paragon 100....  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Tags Leave Beta
3. Re: Steam Tags Leave Beta Aug 12, 2014, 11:08 eRe4s3r

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 10:57:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 10:31:
By now there are more banned tags than there are allowed tags.

It is my hope that the Steam tag system will eventually reach the level of IMDB tags which is awesome for its level of detail... even if it has its darker side....

At least that gave me something to watch for the evening Never seen whatever was the 1 result matching all these tags, but I found a stream.. hehe

News Comments > Space Hulk: Ascension Edition Announced
1. Re: Space Hulk: Ascension Edition Announced Aug 12, 2014, 10:37 eRe4s3r

For a second I thought this is about that other WH40k game.. you know, the one where you are actually first person hulking through the hulk ;p The one that had that nifty trailer bit ago...

Turns out this is not that ;p

News Comments > Steam Tags Leave Beta
1. Re: Steam Tags Leave Beta Aug 12, 2014, 10:31 eRe4s3r

Steam tags is nothing but a censored pile of bullshit PR... no negative tags are allowed, no tags relating to DRM. No tags relating to sexism or simply a "bad game" tag.. everything banned.

By now there are more banned tags than there are allowed tags.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2014, 10:37.

News Comments > Grand Ages: Medieval Announced
7. Re: Grand Ages: Medieval Announced Aug 12, 2014, 08:18 eRe4s3r

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 16:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 14:54:
Grand Ages Rome was pretty dang decent

Really? I spent the whole time wishing I was playing Caesar 4.

Caesar 4 was better no doubt, but Grand Ages: Rome wasn't bad It had a smart military system, proper campaign with unlocks, free decisions and split campaign paths.

And it looked extremely pretty.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 12, 2014, 00:09 eRe4s3r

The Register... how deep has thou fallen.  

News Comments > Project CARS Preorders and LE Details
8. Re: Project CARS Preorders and LE Details Aug 11, 2014, 15:09 eRe4s3r

The prices I see are pretty fucking hilarious.. 60 for a racing game http://imgur.com/fA9NpJP (that's over 100$ for you Americans and not the LE!) The fucking hell do these people smoke? Already got skeptical when I saw gamestop as only buy option for Germans.. because in Germany there isn't a god damned GAMESTOP at all, that's the UK site price with rape-like regional-pricing. And that means it's even WORSE than Steam. As in, over 50% worse.

Namco Bandai doing what they do best. Making sure I do not buy their stuff. I will oblige.

News Comments > Grand Ages: Medieval Announced
4. Re: Grand Ages: Medieval Announced Aug 11, 2014, 14:54 eRe4s3r

grudgebearer wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 14:44:
Kalypso's track record is spotty at best...I need to see some gameplay vids...

Grand Ages Rome was pretty dang decent Track record or not, the LATE medieval era is certainly an interesting era to build towns in We'll see what they make of it.. either it's a cash in on the name grand ages or it's a proper sequel to grand ages Rome.

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
34. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 11, 2014, 08:10 eRe4s3r

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 06:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 02:35:
I started hanger and got sick within 5 minutes.. and the hangar looks absolute SHIT to boot. Physics are crap, and flying in Arena feels shit. What excuse is "It's an alpha" .. this has been this way ever since the hangar released, and Arena is out for months too.
The hangars are being remade using PBR, just like a lot of the ships are currently being remodelled to improve their fidelity. Physics have been improved several times and CIG is working on the flight controller.

Your expectations for an alpha are clearly unreasonable.

Probably but when they release something then that's what I judge something by... and first impressions are everything. I know alpha.. and I know i shouldn't do it, but my brain refuses to listen.. first impression is what I remember, and my first impression of a game being "vomit inducing FOV and flickering" are what I base my judgment upon...

News Comments > Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander
27. Re: Capture Added to Star Citizen Arena Commander Aug 11, 2014, 02:35 eRe4s3r

Flatline wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 16:12:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 15:41:
What DangerDog said. They should really focus on a few very elemental issues like:

- Make keys rebindable goddammit
- Add multi GPU support - People with Crossfire or SLI are still SOL unless they disable one GPU
- Add TrackIR support
- Increase the default FoV of the hangar from the sickness inducing "55" to at least "75" or higher. I don't even want to know how many backers this project has pissed off so far because people were vomiting after two minutes in the hangar.
- Add at least some more basic graphics fidelity customization options. At the moment (without manually editing ini/cfg files) you can only change resolutions and set the game to 'Very High' or 'High' etc.
- Work on the shitty graphics quality of the hangar. The ship models look mostly fine but everything else in the hangar sucks. The lighting is way off, textures flicker due to a lack of AA and AF and so on and so on.

You know, polish what you have and don't dump new shit on the pile of old broken shit. Not a good recipe. One very famous game that failed because of this (among many other factors, of course) was Star Wars Galaxies where they kept dumping new content on top of a broken base game. Not good. Share this fate, you must not.

Count me as someone who got motion sickness in the hanger. And I was able to play Mirror's Edge without getting sick. I traditionally have a cast-iron stomach. There's something about the FOV and all the little rubber-banding physics views that just makes it too much for me.

I started hanger and got sick within 5 minutes.. and the hangar looks absolute SHIT to boot. Physics are crap, and flying in Arena feels shit. What excuse is "It's an alpha" .. this has been this way ever since the hangar released, and Arena is out for months too. Nothing was fixed regarding any of these issues. This game is like the opposite of active development. Everything takes forever and nothing gets really done.

There is so much still missing here that I am starting to regret my pledge of 60$... I should have backed Elite instead.. ;/

Also the Irony of a "PC ONLY" game with a FOV of 55 is.. beyond words. Developers that do this intentionally need to be put in a dark damp cave for life.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2014, 10:31 eRe4s3r

That SETI telescope array is one of the greatest wastes of money ever devised.... All our modern up-to-date communication is digital. Encrypted, encoded or compressed. Now imagine you receive 2 bits of 8 bits out of 5000kb of content (a short video transmission), and you honestly believe whatever get's through the atmosphere is still in any way shape or form detectable as a signal source or even discernible from random noise?

This Telescope Array is not science. This is a bunch of people wasting money.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Aug 10, 2014, 09:03 eRe4s3r

A 220W cpu that gets beaten by 85W cpu's from Intel... ouch  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 9, 2014, 06:28 eRe4s3r

mag wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 04:30:
Creston wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 16:20:
900 writers sticking up for a piece of shit publisher who was already found guilty of price fixing in the Apple trial, and is still trying to collude to artificially keep ebook prices way higher than they should be.

I'll be very interested to see the ad this Sunday, so I know which 900 authors to avoid in the future. Fuck you and your attempts at price fixing. Fuck you right up your fucking ass with a rusty pipe.

Oh my god. The authors don't set the prices. They just want Amazon--who has a near stranglehold on the market, who is the gatekeeper to book sales in the US--to stop deliberately refusing to sell their books.

Amazon has however a huge point here, if publishers price e-books absurdly, it reduces the amount of people in the market for e-books, because new-comers looking for a book see these insane prices and don't ever come back. So Amazon is in fact not doing this for YOU, it's doing it because the e-book market isn't growing, thanks to RETARDED publishers and their absurd prices. 15 for an e-book.. see it on Amazon every day. And so far I bought ZERO e-books. Even though I own a kindle.

News Comments > Gods Will Be Watching Answers Prayers for Mercy
2. Re: Gods Will Be Watching Answers Prayers for Mercy Aug 9, 2014, 06:21 eRe4s3r

Fletch wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 02:45:
AKA "Console Mode".

No not really The game has some random chance situations that can set you back a good 15 minutes game-time and the same scenes and dialogs are only interesting that often.... (once)

This is one of these games where a let's play is better than the actual game... sadly.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: look ma im a philosopher! Aug 8, 2014, 19:58 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 12:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 06:47:
harlock wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 03:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 22:57:
A game set for all moods is a game set for no moods.

so, you are saying that nothing exists..

since everything exists

Existence is mutually exclusive to not existing.

It is not philosophy, it's fact. If the game can be played with all moods then it has absolutely no mood itself. Because only if it had no mood itself could it ever not affect someone with any mood.

A setting for all moods is mutually exclusive to a setting for no moods.

As I was saying, something for all mods does not exist.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 8, 2014, 10:29 eRe4s3r

Redmask wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 07:10:
The world is strange.

QFT

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
3. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 10:25 eRe4s3r

Before you all get your hopes up read the part where it says "Activision"

Nothing good will ever come from Activision.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 8, 2014, 09:58 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 21:13:
Seeing as there was no chance in hell of them making it who would then think it was a good idea to invest?

Someone with too much money?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: look ma im a philosopher! Aug 8, 2014, 06:47 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 03:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 22:57:
A game set for all moods is a game set for no moods.

so, you are saying that nothing exists..

since everything exists

Existence is mutually exclusive to not existing.

It is not philosophy, it's fact. If the game can be played with all moods then it has absolutely no mood itself. Because only if it had no mood itself could it ever not affect someone with any mood.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 7, 2014, 23:31 eRe4s3r

Can we nuke the world, please? (in regards to first link)  

7193 Comments. 360 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo