Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6286 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 18, 2013, 15:26 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 15:10:
Finished the episode! That was good! Too short, of course, but I think I'd never get enough of games like these if they were a lifetime of length anyway.

Er34s3r, who did you choose at the end and why? I chose Nick because Pete seemed to have been bitten, and although I liked Pete's character.. there's something "broken but fixable" about Nick which drew me to his character even before I had to make a choice.

Obviously choose Nick .... same reason as you state. Pete was clearly bitten (large chunk of leg missing) I figured it was a silly setup with no "real" choice (the ending I didn't much like) to get us to either be blamed for his death or the other way around. There wasn't a good choice or a bad choice in that situation anyway. As little girl without gun or proper weapon she could not have done a thing to save or prevent anything. Besides he simply was the more interesting character and his apology felt honest. Pete never apologized to Clementine.

If you ask me Half the house population could die for all I care... I don't much like how they reacted to Clementine's dire call for help in front of the hut, or the hostility afterwards, most of these people have lost their humanity though there are a few exceptions of course. We'll see where Episode 2 goes.. in 2014 *sigh*

This time properly spoiler tagged hehe

After that episode all I wanted was to hug Clementine and tell her all is going to be well.... I guess that is a strongpoint of this game.

Geez, 17 edits or what... I need a check for proper sentence structure

Ps.: you typed my nick more complicated than you had to ^^ Just say ere or whatever, I don't care for the numbers, they are just there to make it a (more or less) unique nick

ERE is my old skool highscore tag.

And yeah, I really like these tell-tale stories too. I dunno why, gameplay wise they are bordering on stupid. But the atmosphere and feeling... can't beat it. I don't know a single other game that makes me feel like that.

Wolf among us was not bad either... though I wonder when we'll gonna see Episode 2 of that... ;p

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2013, 15:40.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Lawsuit
52. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 15:12 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 15:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:45:
ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:37:
If you start getting sued because a certain person doesn't like a game, it's going to cost even more to make games and companies will take even less risks. It's just terrrrible for the industry.

Releasing working games is terrible for the game industry? Bugs and crashes are facts, and any gamer should be able to sue a company if it releases a BROKEN GAME.

Egosoft.. looking at you!

How do you define "broken?"

It's not something you really want the law to be involved in. ItBurn is right, once that happens, companies stop taking risks.

Nearly every game I've owned has crashed at some point. Were they broken? Could I sue? What if it was a hardware issue, not a software one, even if widespread? You mention bugs, but rocket jumping was a bug, could someone sue id because you could rocket jump your way into parts of levels you weren't supposed to get to?

It's a giant can of worms. Right now, so long as the software doesn't destroy your hard drive, it's basically ok. And, thinking about it, I can only think of a few games that probably should be sue worthy. Off the top of my head, there was that Big Rigs game, which had no collision detection despite having bridges (meaning you drove through them, not over them), and, uh... that's about it. Other than that, I can't think of a single game that couldn't be completed and, for the most part, enjoyed.

I agree with you, but you have to look at the counter side...

X Rebirth

Trade broken (Only fixed to BARELY WORKING in 1.20)
Station building broken (as in, does not work, even after 20 patches)
Campaign broken (Nobody can play through the campaign in 1.20 without XML editing)
Admitted to not optimizing the game
Admitted to not testing with modern day hardware (6 core CPU's etc.)

That is how I define a broken game. X Rebirth would be the perfect candidate actually, because it's one of the few examples where it's so clean to declare something broken. Half the features in their steam store description do not work. Among them language support, which was a complete bullshit lie on release, no other language other than english was supported when the game released, yet they sold it to the European countries, EFIGS+R with the claim that language is supported.

What is that, if not a blatant and obvious scam of customers? Maybe we shouldn't allow lawsuits, but money back guarantee would be OK too. In the end, if companies are forced to refund by law they would actually do some proper fucking QA before release. And Egosoft didn't do it, 0 , nada.

As in what defines broken.... well "does not work" is what defines broken for me BF4 isn't broken which is why I don't bash on it here.... the lawsuit is obviously about monetary interests not the QUALITY of the game. But if we go about defining broken, X Rebirth should be put in as definition

44. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 14:45 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 14:37:
If you start getting sued because a certain person doesn't like a game, it's going to cost even more to make games and companies will take even less risks. It's just terrrrible for the industry.

Releasing working games is terrible for the game industry? Bugs and crashes are facts, and any gamer should be able to sue a company if it releases a BROKEN GAME.

Egosoft.. looking at you!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2013, 13:15 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 00:05:
Fletch wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 22:59:
We could have gone to Mars a couple (several?) times with the money we've wasted on war in the last decade. It's starting to look like we'll have to hitch a ride with China, or else pay for the trip through corporate sponsorship. "This EVA brought to you by Massengill."

Funds wise, sure, but technology wise we're nowhere near capable of going to Mars, despite what all these private investors would have everyone believe.

Of course we are capable of going there... but it's hard to do that when there is nothing to go to... Not to mention you have to bring an entire colony worth of materials with you

The technologies needed for a colony already exist. It would need money to put them into actual space / Mars worthy machinery.

21. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 12:44 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 12:33:
I guess EA needs to get their shareholders to sign a EULA forbidding class action lawsuits next. Hey, if it's good for the customers, it must be ok for the owners right?

These clauses are not legal anyway. You can't sign away basic rights. (at least here in Europe)

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 18, 2013, 12:41 eRe4s3r

El Pit wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 12:16:
Yoda: Strong the spoilers are with this thread!

Weak the will was of those that clicked on it ^^

But sorry for potential spoilers, still it was kept in 1 comment thread.. which is why you should always read with threaded view ;p I added spoiler tags now, but it doesn't hide links.

;p

19. Re: Battlefield 4 Lawsuit Dec 18, 2013, 12:34 eRe4s3r

Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:33:
nin wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:21:
Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:20:
Quboid wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:19:
Frags4Fun wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 11:17:
Oh boy! Heads are gonna role.

Who's got popcorn? I'm definitely going to need popcorn.

Me too! LOL This just makes my day.

I sent Hitler out with a $20 for popcorn, he'll be back in a sec...

I hope he gets plenty of butter on that popcorn.

This is the funniest news story in a long time EA getting sued by shareholders for buggy game releases.... lmao They might actually win this too..

3. Multivitamins waste of money Dec 18, 2013, 09:57 eRe4s3r

Always assumed so before, but my parents still buy them like crazy *sigh* what is it with old people and this absurd focus on silly stuff that supposedly makes you healthier but doesn't. Why not just enjoy life?

Not to mention older women constantly sticking to Horoscopes, Birthsign calenders and all that crap.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 18, 2013, 08:08 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 07:57:

I stopped reading your spoilers just in time I only just got put in the shed, mate

I completely agree with you regarding the dog stuff, btw. Although I was disappointed, I completely understood the idea behind the dog going mental, clem trusting him too soon and ending up hurt etc. It was perfection, like you said. Still... the thrashing dog was... graphic. So much detail... the sounds he made.. the can he kicked away while thrashing... the way his eyes were rolled back and his tongue was out.... Ugh, horrible.

Can't wait to continue the story!! Ofc I know the episode will be too short.. as I experienced with The Wolf Among Us. I played TWD S01 when all 5 eps were out. I personally hate this episodic stuff. With a passion, actually. It's only due to a shear lack of willpower that I couldn't wait to continue Clem's story..

Whoops, sorry I thought you had played it and meant that *other* scene. Because if you only got put in the shed yet...

And yeah, it's soul crushing.. the entire episode is. But really, it makes us talk about it and learn stuff. I don't think an entertainment (haha!) medium can achieve more.

That said, playing these episodes is like a soul crushing trip of despair. I play them 1 by 1 because otherwise, the full load is too much. I play games to have fun, and after a round of Walking Dead that is very very hard to get in other games. Heck, I didn't play anything else yesterday because I read up on things they showed and just thought about it.

For a first episode of season 2 this is in par with Game of Thrones style just complete disregard of the viewers affections. They know you love clem, they will make you suffer for it.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 18, 2013, 07:37 eRe4s3r

Secret Text below, don't read it if you don't wanna spoilers

Quinn wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 06:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 20:22:
Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 19:58:
Good so far, but...

That dog.. that stitching scene... bloody hell.... these people are monsters. Poor clem

I entered this thread to mention exactly that. The twitching seen... can I say they kinda gone "too far"? Well, this or that, they went too far for my standards. I felt so horribly uncomfortable at that moment :\ Also, I guess, because I was so excited to see we went from Lee being a "caretaker" for Clem.. to Clem being a "caretaker" for the dog. That would've had potential. It's what made Season 1 so strong.

And that's exactly why they did kill that dog and have it cause these drastic consequences, it is a sign that if Clementine is too quick to trust anyone or anything she will get hurt badly. It would have otherwise oozed you into a feeling of security that they smartly avoid whenever possible. This is the sign of a good (Survival) story, it constantly pushes and nudges at your feeling of established security. And as a little girl, she has no way to physical overcome every danger nor the adversity of other humans.

The first episode in season 2 did something that very rarely comes up nowadays when you see Zombie stuff, it makes you think. Would you believe the story of Clementine, 2 years after apocalypse? Would you let her in a house with a pregnant women and a child that is mentally retarded/sheltered? I'd like to believe in a situation like that, humanity in me would prevail, I'd take her in, do stitching and cleaning and bandaging, and then sit at her side the entire time to make sure she doesn't turn.

But.... would you still do that after 2 years of fight for survival and many bad experiences?

to me, Episode 1 was a sign of greatness... at least, when compared to the TV show. (Which is abysmally boring nowadays)

Ps.: But I won't lie, the suturing made me feel very queasy. But it had to be done, if she had not done she would have died.

(Science) Surturing, how to clean wound, how to do it right
http://www.bumc.bu.edu/surgery/training/technical-training/suturing-basics/

That said, the way the game showed it.. was how a little girl would apply half knowledge she never had to practically apply before.. she also forgot to sterilize the needle.... and sterilizing the wound with what she used was the wrong way to go about it, Saline solution is used to clean wounds, Hydrogen peroxide is used to clean surface, not wound. Using Peroxide likely inhibits healing.... I wonder if the developers had medical advise on that one. If you are reading up on this, note that Peroxide is "quickly absorbed, and does not disinfect wounds properly" the effect of Peroxide also slows healing processes (which is why you never put it in a wound)

So if anything, this episode made me read up one that. Suturing doesn't look too hard to be honest. But doing it to yourself with THAT needle? Wow...

This comment was edited on Dec 18, 2013, 12:42.

News Comments > Total War: Rome II Campaign & Patch
7. Re: Total War: Rome II Campaign & Patch Dec 18, 2013, 06:32 eRe4s3r

Simon Says wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 04:23:
InBlack wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 03:31:
Task wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 23:12:
Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 21:36:
So is it still borked or what?

Siege AI is borked yes, supposed siege AI fixes in upcoming patch 8.1.

Game is pretty to look at it, but other than that, it still is missing 75% of the immersive features from the first Rome 1 and the fighting mechanics were better in Rome 1 where groups of soldiers didn't form into blobs, but the new mechanic is that each soldier needs to fight each other soldier individually (in Rome 1, 1 soldier could be attacked by many to throw them off balance until a sword actually connected and killed the soldier) - so in other words, it sort of feels pathetic.

Im not sure this is right. You sure about this, I could swear my legionares ganged up on smaller units, its just a matter of numbers and formation? As for formation turning into blobs, well thats kind of what happens in the chaos of battle, you really think that RL roman formations remained perfectly square in the thick of battle?

He's right, watch this: http://youtu.be/DXkWfEIALxM

It's a retarded betafest.

Great review that is

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 17, 2013, 20:32 eRe4s3r

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 15:23:
I guess the 4 thriving plants sitting one foot above my router are mutants then.

Only if they glow green....

News Comments > YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns
6. Re: YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns Dec 17, 2013, 20:25 eRe4s3r

JCinDE wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 19:57:
So...you can post videos of gameplay but not if it includes the background music? Good god this world is broken.

News at 11

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead: Season 2 Dec 17, 2013, 20:22 eRe4s3r

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 19:58:
Good so far, but...

no but

They didn't kill them ALL off, just 1, and that only for plot and character progression reason It needed to be. Nobody liked him in Season 1 anyway as he was a late addition. Also it sets up confrontation arcs that would otherwise have been completely missing from Clementines story, so from a story telling perspective, he had to die exactly like he did ^^

That dog.. that stitching scene... bloody hell.... these people are monsters. Poor clem

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 17, 2013, 13:22 eRe4s3r

Blue wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 12:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 11:55:
Anyone doing an experiment with proper scientific procedure is a scientist...

Just trying to be brief but informative. From the article:

The experiment earned the five students top honors in a regional science competition. Moreover, according to a teacher at their school, Kim Horsevad, a professor of neuroscience at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden was so impressed with the experiment that he is interested in repeating it in a controlled scientific environment.

Ah.. But it wasn't even a jab in your direction ;p I meant to slyly imply that the wifi studies *before* might not have been scientific at all....

If it impairs plant growth, it impairs humans.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 17, 2013, 13:12 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 12:44:
I sleep with my router under my pillow so that I don't get plants growing in my dirty ears.

Explains why I have a black thumb when it comes to plants ;p

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 17, 2013, 11:55 eRe4s3r

Anyone doing an experiment with proper scientific procedure is a scientist...  

News Comments > Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod on Steam
14. Crashes ;( Dec 17, 2013, 11:46 eRe4s3r

Lots of em... can't even play longer than 3 minutes  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2013, 10:51 eRe4s3r

Eagerly waiting here too  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 17, 2013, 08:31 eRe4s3r

Yeah, Firefox for Metro! Reminds me why I will never donate a cent to Mozilla

Not to mention that mostly anyone who cares about browsers is not going to be using Metro if he/she can avoid it.

6286 Comments. 315 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo