Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8717 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware
13. Re: Starbreeze Unveils VR Hardware Jun 15, 2015, 00:20 eRe4s3r

How do they even have the money for a hardware project of this scale? Steam and Vive, and Facebook and Oculus are both billion $ endeavors.. while this seems to be funded with less than a few million.

Also 5k and 210 FOV is gonna be a major pain in the ass to render at 95 fps not to mention you can't actually output this through HDMI

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dota 2 Reborn Beta
15. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 14, 2015, 09:24 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 04:38:
HOTS is turning out to be a really competitive little game, easy to learn, hard to master. Are you just playing Coop Eraser, because that score you mentioned seems kind of unrealistic...

I average about a 50% win rate, maybe a few percent more. On the Heroes League im way below 50% ATM. Im currently at a point where if one guy fucks up, the entire team loses. The kind of comebacks Eraser mentioned are still possible, but not very likely higher up on the matchmaking ladder.

Don't get me wrong Im enjoying the game, but its got waay more depth and difficulty, once you start getting into it a little bit more.

I am not yet at a rank where I can even play ranked games, all quick match and coop with a 1 other in group rank 17

39 games (41 actually, but it counts 2 intro tutorials BEFORE training mode too)
30 vs AI (28 Coop/ 2 Training) = 24 victories 4 loss (yes, I lost more against AI (and then also very very brutally, some AI combinations are just.. wow) than against normal people so far)
9 "quick games" 5 vs 5 random = 8 victories 1 loss (And there, mainly because I faced against that cloaked assassin which I never even had seen before) And that murlock thing, and that weird colored dragon thingy. 3 Enemies where I had no idea about skills and such is not a great combination to face off as gazlow. but live and learn eh

I actually have a 100% win-rate on certain maps so far, but 66% winrate on bounty bay or what it's called, I actually HATE that map but still had some awesome games on there, but it's way too early to tell. As you say... I expect things will get MUCH worse once it's ranked. But I am still far away from 10 characters unlocked which is required for that.. I have like.. 4, and AI coop play is how I unlock all skills and test all chars before I ever even enter vs normal people. It would be totally unfair for my team if I went there with a level 1 char ;p

Finding someone to play COOP is always a hassle though... I like the relaxing feel in that game-mode, and it teaches me my own chars skills, the best ranges and what not. And since it seems to give the same XP values.. and you have a daily limit of 2.25mio XP.. good way to get to that level 5 and those easy 500 gold per char ;p

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2015, 09:31.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer
16. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer Jun 14, 2015, 02:53 eRe4s3r

Imo it takes some serious skill... to make the non gameworks version look better and less fake than the gameworks one.

Worst application of this smoke effect I have ever seen. The machine gun was like a bad joke That isn't how smoke from a heavy machine gun ever behaves or looks. And the wheely smoke looks wrong too, because it's way too fucking dense and the wrong color to boot

I always thought this stuff was to add realism.. but all it seems to add is this weird as hell liquid smoke effect...

Maybe better, it adds liquid smoke effect that GLOWS, because that shit should not be as bright as it is in darkness. You ever seen smoke in the night? Yeah, neither have I

News Comments > Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO Trailer
9. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 14, 2015, 02:22 eRe4s3r

siapnar wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 02:02:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 14, 2015, 00:14:
They took Rally very seriously and actually listened to fans who complained about past DiRT games.
This resonates most with me. They're definitely getting my money next time it's even slightly on sale

EDIT: which is now, apparently!

Never buy before last day of sale, unless it's in a daily sale or flash sale! Steam Sale rule #1

5. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 13, 2015, 23:54 eRe4s3r

Say do you have Dirt Rally? Is it decent? Proper physics? realistic sound? Proper wheel and FF support?

What are the plans for a SP campaign?

10. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 13, 2015, 23:18 eRe4s3r

Redmask wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 22:58:
Play whatever you find fun, I don't really care I just found your comment funny.

Well that's ok too To me micro management is also that I have to stick to a lane and constantly micro and deny the stupid minions. I find that very constraining (which to me, is part of "micro" "complexity" and "not fun" ;p)

In the end we all like different things, and hate other things that probably sound absurd to other people who like other things... so yeah

Maybe shouldn't have posted this in Dota 2 topic to prevent drawing this comparison as an opener, but there was no proper HotS topic! And really, we ought to talk about HotS, Blizzard doing a free to play game that's not grindy as fuck even "giving away" free heroes in a weekly rotation, so you can discover all of them as time passes? The world is ending, I tell you, ending! But of course, the real money prices are also completely absurd.

8. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 13, 2015, 22:20 eRe4s3r

Redmask wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 21:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 20:36:
Sorry, but after HotS I can never go back to DOTA 2 ;p The removal of items, and the lanes no longer being sticky as fuck due to gold/xp only counting if you are involved in that kill, makes the game infinitely more smooth and fluid. It rewards strategic movement away from the lanes towards objectives and camps which believe it or not, can even happen in quick games. Maintaing the lanes is not even important anymore, as even a team pushed back to the citadel can turn an ENTIRE GAME AROUND by overwhelming an enemy that overextends their push.

This in turns makes games that are hugely open ended and not decided by 1 guy with tons of skill. If a public hodge pock team ends up in the same push behind a boss minion they just freed, then that is something you will literally never see happen organically in a random game in DOTA 2.. EVER.

I don't know how people describe Dota this way. I don't even care for it that much personally but those sorts of comebacks happen all the time, in fact the game was patched to try and lessen them because players felt the games yoyo'd too much. If a team plays like shit all game then they shouldn't be able to win through a single fudged push in my opinion, that's fucking retarded. HOTS is a game without much complexity, its just nonstop teamfights. If you like team fights without much nuance beyond 'i played my role properly and so did my team' then that's fine, some people like a little more depth which Dota barely even qualifies as.

MOBAs in general are not for me but I find the whole schtick of 'dota is too deep so it sucks!' to be a weird sentiment. It's not a particularly complex game to be blunt and HOTS is downright simplistic. If you have fun with either game then cool, fun is fun. I only play vanilla Minecraft and I won't pretend for a second that its a deep experience. I just don't know how people ever handled RTS games in the past when we're talking like these simplistic moba games are tough stuff.

You are completely right, would it surprise you if I told you my favorite RTS are CNC Generals, Dawn of War 2 and World in Conflict? I am not from a Star Craft or other micro heavy RTS background (in fact I hated Star Craft, liked the setting, but not much else). So I find a more shallow MOBA rts exactly right. Also as far as RTS games go, there are not a lot of em that I like, and even less that I would ever want to play online. DOTA2 is very stressful, it had nearly completely soured me from online RTS games ENTIRELY.

And no, DOTA 2 is not shallow. Items, Lanes, Minions and Upgrade path are VITAL in that game. This adds TONS of constant micro management to the game. Which is the kind of thing I really don't like

By the way, the reversal I meant was not a yoyo. We lost 2 fights in lanes pretty badly (4 guys dead at some point to a surprise heroics combination, don't often see Raynor picking Raiders AND mage picking ring of stun ;p) and that gave them a huge objective dominance. And we reversed that by defeating their citadel push and gaining objective dominance. This wasn't a "1 teamfight reversal" It took well over 15 minutes to gain that dominance and the resulting fights were thrilling and fun.

by the way, if you read my post again, you will notice one of the main things why I hate DOTA2 is that team can indirectly dictate what hero I play. That may sound good for the team at first, but when I am shit with a set of heroes I won't get better with them by team forcing me to play with em for 40 minutes of my life. I play to have fun, playing heroes I don't like, and literally suck at playing with, ain't fun.

In the end, all you need to read is this -> I hated any MOBA so far but.. I don't hate HotS (yet)

And hey, it's free. And I mean really free. Fair free to play (for now)

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2015, 22:35.

6. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 13, 2015, 22:02 eRe4s3r

briktal wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 21:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 20:36:
Maintaing the lanes is not even important anymore, as even a team pushed back to the citadel can turn an ENTIRE GAME AROUND by overwhelming an enemy that overextends their push.

That kind of comeback can happen in Dota. Not in every game, of course, but it's not an unrealistic scenario. The hardest part is probably winning that first fight.

it is the kind of MOBA where you have fun tons of unique characters from Bliz Franchises and where elite pro games can still be elite, but not necessarily always end up winning a game.

If you squint, Dota 2 is that game too.

Hehe, I can't squint that hard. Also themed maps beat DOTA 2 into submission. Playing the spider arena is as awesome as playing the plant terror arena. All require different strategy and objectives.

In HotS the first fight is not as important (unless it's the skull mines, but even then since there is only 2 lanes even a bad team USUALLY ends up gaining at least 40% of the skulls). First levels revive time is under 10 seconds and you still gain XP from team. This means the entire team levels up at the same time meaning a dead guy can still end up reviving at just the right time with full skills to reverse a push, assuming the team doesn't stay and fight a hopeless fight, though I have had a teamwipe turn to a complete victory already in random pub game. And as you don't have gold and inventory to worry about, a death doesn't put you behind as much as it does in DOTA2. Meaning you can take more risks, and even if you fail.. well yeah, it gives the enemy 1000 XP or something, big deal. But you might have prevented that enemy from pushing, as now he has to go heal instead of going for objective ;p)

I won't say both games are better or worse. Only that for me personally (a MOBA hater!) HotS is way more fun because less micro management and more focus on macro strategy. It is.. a casual MOBA, and this is the level of RTS where I can have fun. In fact I would go even so far as to say that HotS is a good RTS. Sort of like Dawn of War 2 where you had the hero fight mode.

1. Re: Dota 2 Reborn Beta Jun 13, 2015, 20:36 eRe4s3r

Sorry, but after HotS I can never go back to DOTA 2 ;p The removal of items, and the lanes no longer being sticky as fuck due to gold/xp only counting if you are involved in that kill, makes the game infinitely more smooth and fluid. It rewards strategic movement away from the lanes towards objectives and camps which believe it or not, can even happen in quick games. Maintaing the lanes is not even important anymore, as even a team pushed back to the citadel can turn an ENTIRE GAME AROUND by overwhelming an enemy that overextends their push.

This in turns makes games that are hugely open ended and not decided by 1 guy with tons of skill. If a public hodge pock team ends up in the same push behind a boss minion they just freed, then that is something you will literally never see happen organically in a random game in DOTA 2.. EVER.

Or better put.. HotS is the casuals MOBA, and more importantly, it is the kind of MOBA where you have fun tons of unique characters from Bliz Franchises and where elite pro games can still be elite, but not necessarily always end up winning a game.

I hate MOBA's (specifically DOTA2) to the core, but I enjoy HotS, not as an addiction to play 1000 hours, never. But as a one off kind of game, 2 matches or something with a hero I just want to play that moment. No longer are you ramshackled into a hero choice by the team. Thank the fucking god. God I HATE that about DOTA 2 so much, I literally never played more than 5 games against humans. In HotS I am already at 31 games (27 of which are victories.. so yay for match-making or whatever)

So yeah... DOTA 2 has it's fans, but for me, HotS is.. more fun.

Also I never paid a single cent in HotS. If you do the math, until level 20 you get 15000 guaranteed gold +500 every time one of your heroes gets to level 5, and daily quests + rounds earning you about 15 to 30

This means if you are not caring about 10€ skins (lmao) then you can unlock the entire game without paying a single cent. And thanks to hero rotation, you are never stuck. Though, it is of course, still kinda grindy. Especially to level up heroes to lvl 5 you need 600k XP (so 2 to 3 rounds at the very least) only at lvl 4 do you get all skills.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2015, 20:42.

3. Re: Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO Trailer Jun 13, 2015, 20:22 eRe4s3r

RBR had better tracks and physics.. and a proper cockpit view.

Tell me, how the fuck does one make a trailer for a RALLY game, and not show off the cockpit, the fantastic turbo boosted engine whine and tire screeching... instead you have this shitty pop music and tracks that look flatter than they were in 1980's arcade machines.

What utter fail.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2015, 20:16 eRe4s3r

walrus1 wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 14:26:
RoboNerd wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 09:11:
Re: Tornado Chaser Stops at the Wrong Location. In Soviet Union...

Maybe I'm really slow this morning, but what does the "In Soviet Union..." mean?
It means someone missed the memo about the end of the Cold War and the collapse of the USSR. Or they still think that joke is funny.

Blue back when I had a porch I'd roll the grill up to the most open part where the stairs are and grill there. Try that. Also unless your standing underneath a tree your chance of getting hit by lighting is so small its almost not there.

When there is a thunderstorm no sane person would ever grill outside. As the word implies, aside from thunder, there is also storm often accompanied by hail and rain.

Also the joke is "In Soviet Russia tornado chases you" you sourpusses .. and it's still funny

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 13, 2015, 20:07 eRe4s3r

MajorD wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 10:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 22:36:
All the while wikipedia moderators and admins have become ever more entrenched in their cultural spin bullshit. Any critical piece of information is censored, false information enforced by top admins, topics blocked when admins disagree with changes even though they correct wrongful, spiteful or flat rout false information.

Let's face it, Wikipedia is part of the NSA at heart. If you want ideology free information, this is not the site you want to visit.

Of course not, but it's scary how some people live and breath by it as it if is all accurate and true.

The only thing I find it useful for is looking up music/bands info, movies & TV Shows info, video game stuff, because if that kind of stuff isn't accurate, who really gives a F&$K in the grand scheme of things. I also look up 'some' space & science shtuff, but mostly go to NASA or ESA.

Yeah, but I am pretty sure the wikipedia founder would not be happy if we told him we use WIKI only for marginal information

Also this goes 100% against what Wikipedia was supposed to be about, but considering how Wiki defines "relevancy" it doesn't surprise me. If you take corrupt media as source serious you already lost imo. And then all it takes is 1 corrupt admin and the whole thing is down shit creek.

Just sad, imo.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 13, 2015, 06:59 eRe4s3r

QNAP HS-251 -> Fanless -> destroyer of HDDS due to temperature, something that "review" didn't even check for. ;/  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Ding dong, the witch is dead- Microsoft AV gets tough on Ask Toolbar. Jun 13, 2015, 00:22 eRe4s3r

Finally is what I say on that matter, Ask Toolbar is one of the most annoying malwares ever. And that Java bundles this shit to scam people into over loooking that 1 checkbox should be illegal (same problem for Flash and that shitty AV bundlecrap).

These 2 things are the scourge of the internet. (Java and Flash, as well as the bundlecrap they come with)

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 12, 2015, 22:36 eRe4s3r

All the while wikipedia moderators and admins have become ever more entrenched in their cultural spin bullshit. Any critical piece of information is censored, false information enforced by top admins, topics blocked when admins disagree with changes even though they correct wrongful, spiteful or flat rout false information.

Let's face it, Wikipedia is part of the NSA at heart. If you want ideology free information, this is not the site you want to visit.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
16. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 12, 2015, 22:28 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 22:26:
Now its no longer a secret!

Of course it is, only like 5 people read here

It's good to see some game developers really putting some love in their games though. Can't not support that

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
14. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 12, 2015, 22:08 eRe4s3r

I backed it.. if only because I am secretly a huge Igarashi fan ;p

Also if you back via paypal, you get this gem

I...AM HAIKU BOT
CONFIRMING YOUR ORDER WITH
FEARFUL SYMMETRY

Btw, Project is closing on 6 million

5.6m at the moment with paypal

If you read this within 40 minutes, here is live end stream
http://www.twitch.tv/ffstv

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2015, 19:21 eRe4s3r

walrus1 wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 19:18:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 19:16:
nin wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 13:49:
Creston wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 12:42:
Julio wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 12:18:
Is it really that hard to break a car window yourself? (he wasn't underwater or anything)

It never used to be. I once kicked in a car window (rear door) to open the car to save a dog that was trapped inside in the heat.

Modern windows are probably a little more sturdy than ones in the 80s, but even so, shit, nobody could find a fucking brick to toss through the window??

Queue another big-ass lawsuit heading GM's way.

They're designed to blunt the force...do a youtube search on sparkplugs and car windows.

The trick with the sparkplug is ceramic, a tiny piece of it, thrown with full force against a car window, will shatter it. So breaking a car window is stupid simple, if you have a glass breaker in the car (which.. is required by law) then it's even easier. Side windows = 1 swing.

Am I evil that my first thought was "dementia" ?

And yeah, car features not being explained by dealers is a HUGE issue too. Just sad story all around
Where is a glass smasher required by law? It's not anywhere I've lived.

No you are actually right, I was wrong. It's not required by law (googled it after posting it.. hehe) turns out I have one though. So clearly it's common knowledge (I use my car like once a week)

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2015, 19:16 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 13:49:
Creston wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 12:42:
Julio wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 12:18:
Is it really that hard to break a car window yourself? (he wasn't underwater or anything)

It never used to be. I once kicked in a car window (rear door) to open the car to save a dog that was trapped inside in the heat.

Modern windows are probably a little more sturdy than ones in the 80s, but even so, shit, nobody could find a fucking brick to toss through the window??

Queue another big-ass lawsuit heading GM's way.

They're designed to blunt the force...do a youtube search on sparkplugs and car windows.

The trick with the sparkplug is ceramic, a tiny piece of it, thrown with full force against a car window, will shatter it. So breaking a car window is stupid simple, if you have a glass breaker in the car (which.. is required by law) then it's even easier. Side windows = 1 swing.

Am I evil that my first thought was "dementia" ?

And yeah, car features not being explained by dealers is a HUGE issue too. Just sad story all around

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2015, 10:55 eRe4s3r

That Corvette story is both awful and absurd, how the hell can you die inside a car that is just "locked" ? Sounds more like suicide.

Also the people trying to get him out don't break a window and rather let him die? WTF?

8717 Comments. 436 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo