Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7823 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 17, 2014, 18:06 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 11:35:
Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:46:
So who's fault was it? They're the ones responsible. They certainly can't turn around and charge people more after the fact. I understand their position but it's hardly the consumer's fault and a contract is a contract.

To me the third party price setting company was at fault, and possibly the market vendors who used them. If someone chooses to not control their own pricing, things like this happen.

I do feel sorry for the businesses this happened to, and I wouldn't be the type to order all of their stock. But they do need to honor their pricing too.

Repricer Express ( http://www.repricerexpress.com/ ) is the name of the company that fucked up, and they should be held accountable. That's what you get for paying second rate companies.

They have this in their TOS

2.4. You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Licensor against claims, actions, proceedings, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including without limitation court costs and reasonable legal fees) arising out of or in connection with your use of the services offered by the Software and/or Documentation or any part thereof or any breach of the terms of this Licence.

Classic piece of shit company. Handle payment and price adjustment, zero responsibility. Likely a computer algo doing the work.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
108. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 17:54 eRe4s3r

Timmeh wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 17:30:
just watched the trailer.

Any culture that allows that to be made and published is destined for pain. It is also a complete travesty that there are so many people excited about playing this garbage.

Who will be responsible when someone gets inspired and acts this out in a community or school? Because it will happen. The more we normalize violence like this the more these kinds of choices will have a lasting and horrific effect on our culture and youth.

People can cry freedom all they want. There is no escape from the outcomes of choices we make that affect our minds as a people.

That is utter complete bullshit, any medium with the goal to be art has the right to offend you so badly that you run crying out of the digital room. And it should.

Fucks sake... literature that offends you shouldn't exist? Movies that offend you shouldn't exist? Games that offend you shouldn't exist? When will people like you learn that the first and highest goal of any artwork is to inspire emotions. It does not define what emotions, inspiring ANY emotion is what puts ART above TRASH

I don't want to live in a world filled with trash, rather I want to have access to media that insults me, that shocks me, that makes me think, that stirs my emotions and inspires me to be a better person than be peddled the same mindless dumbed down shit you seem to love.

Any form of art has a right to exist. To deny it's existence is akin to censorship of the purest and most evil kind. That of thoughts.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 17, 2014, 08:37 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 00:29:
On the plus side, Comcast just doubled the speeds of all their internet tiers here. I went from getting 55mps to 126mbps. Up is still 11mbps.

I'll very happily take it.

And in other news, Germany has a whopping 0.12% spread of fiber connections above 100mbit.

0.12% in Germany! The only thing I can even get here is 16mbit. And I really do not live in the boonies.

Ps.: The real joke is the upload speed, 50kb/s

News Comments > Vox Machinae VR Demo
11. Re: Vox Machinae VR Demo Dec 16, 2014, 08:21 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 07:31:
Tom wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 06:55:
InBlack wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 05:16:
Ok I just pored over their website and the features of this upcoming game. I cant test the demo since I dont have a DK2 (TrackIR FTW). I have a few questions, perhaps those who are following the game's progress could help me out.

Will the game work without an Oculus once its released?

You turn your head in order to aim, so it could work with TrackIR I think, but you'd definitely need some sort of headtracking. This game is built for VR though. It would be a lesser experience on a monitor.

Im sure it would. Im also reasonably sure that CV1 will be released by the time this sees the light of day. However they will be shooting themselves in the foot if they create a game that requires a rift. This kind of thing killed the space sim genre back in the day, and the games back then required a much less expensive peripheral than a VR kit. (The joystick)

On the other hand, the joystick needed a break-through game (I have honestly no idea which one that was) for me that was definitely Strike Commander and Wing Commander

But for VR that is thousandfold more true. You need a group of games when CV1 releases that don't just have good VR but that genuinely blow our expectations out of the water and define what "good VR" is for decades to come

I hope the CV1 blows everything away in terms of wow effect but until it is out we don't really know. (You DK2 owners sure make it sound tasty though)

Is the immersion effect high in that mech sim? Do you really feel the weight, really feel inside a mech?

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
54. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 08:12 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 23:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:15:
bigspender wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:04:
mellis wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 20:45:
Shame really that such censorship exists. If they replaced 'people' with 'zombies' - no one would bat an eyelid.

That's because there is a massive different between cold blooded slaughter of innocents for "fun" vs fighting for survival against a monster (that is already dead anyway).

In a game? What's the difference? You press a button, animation plays, scripts fire, particles fly from emitters, models play animations, red decal left behind... such difference, what amaze!

In case you didn't get my lame meme use, I am saying, there is no friggin gameplay difference AT ALL. You are arguing over how a model looks, not how gameplay is.

If you replaced all l4d zombies with babies, nuns and angels it would change nothing about the gameplay.

He is right to do so. Gameplay, as a series of context-less interactions, is irrelevant - the controversy has always been about the context of these interactions. Shooting enemy soldiers in CoD was generally considered fine, shooting civilians in MW2 wasn't. Same gameplay, different models.

(Edit: Sepharo, the very first post did!)

Well that's fair and all, and something for reviewers and customers to decide.. not a store front. Store fronts, especially the near monopoly that is Steam, should never censor greenlit games with 13000+ votes (that's more votes than 1x Doug Lombardi).

If they really worried about the content, put a Mature tag on it (notice how Steam does still not have a age check....) and let reviews decide. If it's a piece of shit game then that'll become clear once it's out. But censoring something based on hearsay is bullshit, imo.

Ps.: And yeah, I would totally prefer a l4d with abstract shapes, just fyi ;p I play such games purely for the gameplay, not for their "intent". Only in RPG's, where good writing makes me *care* would I draw lines. And there it is even more problematic, because when I draw lines there that means writers censor themselves and don't explore the full capability of this medium.

Censorship is never the solution.

18. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 15, 2014, 22:15 eRe4s3r

bigspender wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:04:
mellis wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 20:45:
Shame really that such censorship exists. If they replaced 'people' with 'zombies' - no one would bat an eyelid.

That's because there is a massive different between cold blooded slaughter of innocents for "fun" vs fighting for survival against a monster (that is already dead anyway).

In a game? What's the difference? You press a button, animation plays, scripts fire, particles fly from emitters, models play animations, red decal left behind... such difference, what amaze!

In case you didn't get my lame meme use, I am saying, there is no friggin gameplay difference AT ALL. You are arguing over how a model looks, not how gameplay is.

If you replaced all l4d zombies with babies, nuns and angels it would change nothing about the gameplay.

News Comments > Vox Machinae VR Demo
1. Re: Vox Machinae VR Demo Dec 15, 2014, 21:59 eRe4s3r

*bookmarked for that mysterious time the OR will finally release CV1 ;p

Because it sure looks interesting.

15. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 15, 2014, 21:56 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 21:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 21:05:
And this is why Steam should never gain total market dominance....

Censorship in all it's forms be damned.

Not to mention blatant double standards, I'm sure you can do just as horrible things in GTA V - are they going to stop that from being sold on Steam?

Or why not mention Postal 1 or Postal 2

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223470/

:=)

Steam doesn't have any standards to begin with, steam censors even the mention of competing stores including mentions of GOG, any post with criticism to steam is filtered out and will never even appear in your feeds.

Steam is jock full of censorship. And it's kinda hilarious many people here are not even aware of it because they never even explored the depths of Steam.

It is partially why I am not angry at people hating on Steam. There is a fine line Steam threads from becoming a "nice" store to becoming a "pain in the ass"

And steam is moving ever closer to the latter.

5. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 15, 2014, 21:05 eRe4s3r

And this is why Steam should never gain total market dominance....

Censorship in all it's forms be damned.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Dec 14, 2014, 18:10 eRe4s3r

Do you pay attention to the meta when you’re designing cards? Were there any holes you were trying to fix or archtypes that you just weren’t seeing?

Mike Donais: We definitely talk about the meta and about counters. One of the things we wanted to do is have options for people if they’re losing to a specific deck type. So for example, if you keep losing to a deck with secrets, we have the guy who steals your opponent’s secrets. Similarly, if you keep losing to a deathrattle deck, you have a taunt that gets +1/+1 for each deathrattle your opponent has. So we like giving people that option.

This just everything that is wrong with hearthstones idiot designers. Because while that alone would be balancing, they also added creatures that get +x/+x from your OWN secrets, EVERY FRIGGIN TURN IT'S ACTIVE

So assuming you have the unit that steals secrets AND the unit that gains massive stats from secrets (And you have the secret that gives you double a creature on hand when it dies) you have an infinite cheat mode.

Hearthstone, designed by idiots.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
11. Re: Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Dec 13, 2014, 14:46 eRe4s3r

Redmask wrote on Dec 13, 2014, 10:35:
She looks like a 13 year old there buddy...

But that's why you gotta love em, Japanese don't give a single damn about any feminist bullshit. They do their thing and they have the balls to put a bikini DLC on steam for the MAIN char.

Ps.: She looks like 16 to me Legal age and all that

9. Re: Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Dec 13, 2014, 05:07 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 21:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 19:19:
Creston wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 18:35:
Has someone played the FFXIII port on the PC? Is it worth playing the port over the PS3 version? (all details about the story being naf or great etc notwithstanding. I'm purely talking port.)

I only played XIII-2 on PC, so aside from setting resolution and shadow-resolution (which actually does make a huge visual difference) you can't rebind most important buttons (like why BACKSPACE is used for anything I have no idea..)..

But it does look good and runs fine on my system though it randomly (And VERY jarringly) jumps between 60 and 30 fps

FFXIII I have no idea... played on a friends PS3... and watched the rest on youtube

i had this same issue, if you have an nvidia card, go to nvidia control panel, and i think under 3d settings, pick the game profile, then make sure it's set for maximum performance instead of auto. the game is so un-demanding on modern graphics cards than your gfx clock speed will be constantly downclocking to 2D clocks, as it doesn't even really understand that you're playing a game. that was the fix for me at least.

check out the full soundtrack for xiii-2, it's soooo good. best FF game i've played in a while. it has it's shortcomings, but it does a lot of stuff right.

as for the xiii port, i played with default graphics settings, so at 720p i think, it just felt "right", although i have heard of a 1080p mod that's easy to do. really it's the same as a console, except for more stable framerate.

the real deal is that xiii was pretty awful, and doesn't necessarily need to be played to fully enjoy xiii-2.

I absolute love FFX13-2 so yeah.. and the soundtrack is indeed amazing. That.. and Sera in beachwear .. cough

2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Dec 12, 2014, 19:19 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 18:35:
Has someone played the FFXIII port on the PC? Is it worth playing the port over the PS3 version? (all details about the story being naf or great etc notwithstanding. I'm purely talking port.)

I only played XIII-2 on PC, so aside from setting resolution and shadow-resolution (which actually does make a huge visual difference) you can't rebind most important buttons (like why BACKSPACE is used for anything I have no idea..)..

But it does look good and runs fine on my system though it randomly (And VERY jarringly) jumps between 60 and 30 fps

FFXIII I have no idea... played on a friends PS3... and watched the rest on youtube

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 12, 2014, 11:20 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 10:41:
the real thing to wonder about, is once 4k is here, what would entice me to go to the cinema?

I don't even get what entices people to go to the cinema in the first place. Noisy people and people in front of me blocking half the screen isn't my idea of a good time that I pay money for...

News Comments > Scrolls Launch Today
41. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 12, 2014, 10:58 eRe4s3r

dubfanatic wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 17:38:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 09:31:
Trying the Trial ;p Am seriously pissed off about Hearthstone match-making lately.. so this is welcome we'll see if it's fun or not..

What's wrong with Hearthstone's matchmaking? I ask because I just started playing it again after months of not playing, and it's constantly putting me up against Secret Mages and Hunters. I can't tell if it's just crappy matchmaking or if that's just the flavor of the month.

There is a hidden rank you and everyone else has, and doesn't care whether you change deck, try a new deck variation or just experiment. So if you just want to "build" your deck ranked matches are complete waste of time. because by tier 16 or so you will hit a brick-wall. At least in EU match making. I hear the US has TONS more players, and thus a lot more noobs.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 10:51 eRe4s3r

Polygon, writing itself into obscurity 1 bullshit article at a time.  

33. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 17:29 eRe4s3r

SimplyMonk wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 17:22:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 17:14:
Hrm, well I'm going to have to check this out, I think. I have spent way too much time playing MtG in real and virtual format, (MWS!) to not even try this for 5 bucks.

Yet another game to add to the queue!

The demo version is pretty solid for just trying it out. You are limited to Easy AI, Easy Trials and no trading. Not sure if you play other people or not. I think you can.

EDIT: Found the info. You can't do the following with the demo:

Use the Black Market
Trade with other players
Purchase from the “Just For You”section of the store
Purchase preconstructed decks
Purchase avatars
Save avatars
Participate in Judgement or Ranked matches
Play against Medium or Hard AI
Play any Trial (including Dailies) above Easy difficulty

https://scrolls.com/2014/11/this-week-in-scrolls-giving-thanks#more-4923

Only 1 addendum, you can play Easy and Medium AI, not hard AI with Demo

And while you can't purchase the preconstructed decks you can buy deck packs just fine (and just for you offerings are not exactly good deals)

30. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 14:58 eRe4s3r

MindStalker3 wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 14:37:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 13:09:
Orogogus wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 12:14:
Jivaro wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:35:
Orogogus wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:14:
Anyway I just jumped the shark...
You... what?

Google or Youtube search "happy days Fonzi jumped the shark" and watch the video that comes up.

All will become clear.

I know what the term means. It's not clear to me if eraser does, at least I can't figure out how to fit it in the context.

It means to take a risk in the context By buying a game barely anyone played yet.

And I am enjoying it greatly. ^^

And here I thought it was because you said there was no way you were buying it due to its in-game credit card processing. Then buying it.

Well as I posted, there is a way to buy from the website via paypal and many other payment options, just not in-game. Very confusing.. but in-game chat informed me

27. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 13:09 eRe4s3r

Orogogus wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 12:14:
Jivaro wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:35:
You... what?

Google or Youtube search "happy days Fonzi jumped the shark" and watch the video that comes up.

All will become clear.

I know what the term means. It's not clear to me if eraser does, at least I can't figure out how to fit it in the context.

It means to take a risk in the context By buying a game barely anyone played yet.

And I am enjoying it greatly. ^^

20. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 11:29 eRe4s3r

You... what?

Sharks! With laser beams!

Anyway, I am enjoying this WAY friggin more than hearthstone

7823 Comments. 392 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo