Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8589 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher III Patched
18. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 11:42 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:38:
A sortable list, with text and proper categorized tagging, context sensitive highlighting, and proper dependency links. An Inventory where you have to hover over everything to see what it is, is TOTAL SHIT. ^^

There isn't one that will satisfy all. There are plenty of people that like icon grids vs lists.

There are also plenty of people that think Skyrim has no inventory GUI problem. ^^ Which says more about them, than about Skyrim.

Ps.: But I guess the moral is, whether grid or texts, if designed for a console a GUI is always shit.

I dunno about Witcher 3, do you find tons of loot? If you have 5 pages of loot then yeah, grids are stupid

Only thing to go on here is the potion page I saw on a stream, which had oils at the top, tons of crap in the middle, bombs, concoctions and potions somewhere in that mess. With no way to see what is what unless you hover over everything carefully.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 11:38 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:31:
Are you joking? With lists!

I don't understand...

A sortable list, with text and proper categorized tagging, context sensitive highlighting, and proper dependency links. An Inventory where you have to hover over everything to see what it is, is TOTAL SHIT. ^^

*unless, your name is Diablo, in which case they do it right and make a inventory without lists not shit. But then the entire game is designed around that.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 26, 2015, 11:35 eRe4s3r

I think cheaters should be shot, but first quartered.. so maybe I should not comment on that kotaku... eh, techdirt article. ^^

Go Japan!

14. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 11:31 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on May 26, 2015, 11:03:
Bradley wrote on May 26, 2015, 10:58:
Verno wrote on May 26, 2015, 09:19:
I think I'm gonna stop until the font sizes are fixed and maybe theres a UI mod for the inventory/crafting bullshit. It's pretty good but I'm getting annoyed at those aspects of the game so its going on the backburner while they patch it up.

Why does every new game that comes out think we want to dig through list of inventory items (that are pages long), what was wrong with the inventory grids of old where you could actually see more than 5 items at a time? I actually liked the ones where different items took up a different configuration of inventory cells. I know some people don't like "Inventory Tetris" though, so I won't say it needs to come back. I would kill for a nice grid with drag & drop though.

The Witcher 3 uses the grid system with drag and drop... The crafting recipes are arranged in a list with sections, but how else would you want it done?

Are you joking? With lists!

5. Re: The Witcher III Patched May 26, 2015, 09:51 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on May 26, 2015, 09:26:
Verno wrote on May 26, 2015, 09:19:
I think I'm gonna stop until the font sizes are fixed and maybe theres a UI mod for the inventory/crafting bullshit...

I don't see what the issue is with fonts and the inventory. UI is WAY better than it was in Witcher 2.

That's like saying cancer is better then cholera ^^ Any game ever made was better in terms of GUI than Witcher 2... even Tetris!

News Comments > Memorial Day Mobilization
3. Re: Memorial Day Mobilization May 26, 2015, 05:54 eRe4s3r

Competition is impossible thanks to how the age old US gov split apart BELL and didn't properly disconnect the lines from the companies it created. Any competitor, would have to pay peering fees that make it impossible to actually make money, unless your name is google and you run literally more hardware than a big ISP  

News Comments > Memorial Day Tech Bits
4. Re: Memorial Day Tech Bits May 26, 2015, 01:11 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on May 25, 2015, 16:11:
Cutter wrote on May 25, 2015, 13:08:
Forget wind turbines, winpods are the way to go!

windpods.com

Typically you don't mount wind turbines on buildings since they add a lot of vibration, but these are pretty small. Probably generate a few hundred watts each, max.

Vibrations? Ever sat down for a few minutes beneath one of those wind turbines? Hint: They are louder than a jet engine forget ever opening your windows with one of these on the roof.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 May 25, 2015, 10:48 eRe4s3r

I have to admit I may be contributing to that, to me this game is a sale target because.. a big RPG like this, you play through once and forget about it.. not worth 50€ (or even 60€!) imo.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
17. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 25, 2015, 09:49 eRe4s3r

Pr()ZaC wrote on May 25, 2015, 07:54:
... For now.

True, but that can be said about every technology

27. Re: Steam Top 10 May 25, 2015, 09:38 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 25, 2015, 08:49:
Jerykk wrote on May 25, 2015, 08:34:

That figure was for all three platforms, not just PC. Also, a large portion of the 400k Steam copies were very likely pre-orders, so adding that number on top of the multiplatform pre-order numbers isn't quite accurate.

Unless it states otherwise, those would be sold copies post-release in most cases of metrics measuring.

SteamSpy lists copies OWNED (on Steam) at 458,628

That puts it between Pillars of Eternity and Clicker Heroes

If true, then that is quite bad for a game of that size.

News Comments > Game Reviews
35. Re: RE: Game Reviews May 25, 2015, 06:43 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on May 25, 2015, 06:15:
Jerykk wrote on May 25, 2015, 06:00:
I'm guessing that magic, potions, bombs, oils, etc, aren't that important on Normal difficulty. In the video review, I saw the player getting hit and barely taking any damage. That's definitely not what happens on the highest difficulty. You can be fighting enemies that are more than 5 levels below you and you'll still take a hefty amount of damage when hit. Fight enemies at or above your level and you'll usually die in 1-3 hits. Planning ahead, making proper use of consumables and learning how to dodge properly is the key to success.

As for controls, I think the combat controls are fine. Attacks are fully committed and can't be canceled (same as in Witcher 2) but that really isn't a problem once you learn the timings. The navigation controls, on the other hand, are pretty bad. The acceleration and deceleration are way too slow, your turn speed is too slow while running and you can't turn while the run-to-idle transition is playing. You have to switch to walk mode if you want to make minor movements. They clearly prioritized animation over responsiveness when it comes to traversal and that's never a good thing.

On a side note, I find Mac (the reviewer) to generally be an idiot. He often complains about games being too casual and easy when he's clearly playing them on Normal difficulty, which is basically equivalent to playing on Easy these days. If you want a challenge from any mainstream game, you need to play on the highest difficulty.

I dunno man, I've been gaming all my life and I consider myself to be a pretty good gamer, but I still get my ass kicked on normal. I restart some fights like 5 times. Some enemies definitely do a lot of damage.

Also if a developer calls a difficulty "normal" then this is what I play at. Normal is what the developer intended and designed the game around.

or at least it should be. From what I see in streams, highest difficulty actually removes healing from resting, which adds TONS of micro-management and inventory crap. Especially as in later levels, you can jug down a dozen food items to regenerate half your HP.

In streams though even on normal, enemies that hit player from behind took down half their HP (streamer was at level 26 and extremely well equipped, only lacking masterwork upgrade to griffin armor, and sign intensity at 180% (which made Ignis the "win" button against enemies weak to fire. Only elementals really caused some problems to that player.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 May 25, 2015, 06:36 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on May 25, 2015, 05:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 25, 2015, 05:14:
Techie714 © wrote on May 24, 2015, 14:23:
Good seeing The Witcher 3 in here! Even though I've had some SERIOUS problems with the game actually launching for me after the latest patch, it's still a great game.

*Side note if you have not seen the Pillars Documentary yet it's REALLY interesting & good. Those guys poured their hearts & souls into that game.

It's Backers only for now though... and yes, it's a good documentary, but it also clearly shows where the problems where... Before the KS they had nothing prepared. And the game feels like it too.

Eh? I thought Pillars was great. Obsidian clearly put a lot of thought into it. They made a ton of much-needed refinements to the genre (no encumbrance/inventory limit, AoE-based looting, clearly explained and easily referenced skills, attributes and status effects, easy way to adjust combat speed during gameplay, clear visual indication of NPC stealth detection, etc). The lore is also super in-depth and fleshed out. They also made some interesting innovations to the traditional magic systems with the cypher and chanter classes. The game had everything I'd expect from a BG-inspired CRPG, in addition to the skill checks and interesting choices offered by PST.

You may not have enjoyed PoE for whatever reason but claiming that the game feels half-assed or poorly conceived doesn't really reflect reality.

Wha.. I never said that I mean it feels like they rushed the actual design phase which shows in how certain fights were designed and how certain classes have huge skill trees, while others lack even basic skills. This is a clear sign that nothing of this stuff was thought out or even prepared pre KS. Normally you have a clear and well put together plan of skills, enemy skills, combat setup and combat balance WAY before you start making a game.

This is also reflected in how certain maps have tons of chokepoints that the AI can't cope with. In fact the AI is nearly non-existent. And compared to IE games the scripted AI of your own dudes is also completely missing.

And lastly, no romance = no BG2 contender

I also need to add, I expected a IWD2 inspired game. And IWD2 is VASTLY superior to PoE in terms of combat and class design And to me PoE is also absolutely inferior to BG2.. but then this is nostalgia speaking I guess.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 May 25, 2015, 05:14 eRe4s3r

Techie714 © wrote on May 24, 2015, 14:23:
Good seeing The Witcher 3 in here! Even though I've had some SERIOUS problems with the game actually launching for me after the latest patch, it's still a great game.

*Side note if you have not seen the Pillars Documentary yet it's REALLY interesting & good. Those guys poured their hearts & souls into that game.

It's Backers only for now though... and yes, it's a good documentary, but it also clearly shows where the problems where... Before the KS they had nothing prepared. And the game feels like it too.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
15. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 25, 2015, 01:25 eRe4s3r

And you think consumer market is going to go with inferior ARM cpu's? In what universe are gamers going to accept 5 to 50 times slower CPU's PER CORE ?

Yeah you can save power.. but at the cost of shitty performance. ARM is literally never a choice for a gamer, workstation or company server.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance May 24, 2015, 12:57 eRe4s3r

Doesn't prevent skimming attacks at all though....  

29. Re: RE: Game Reviews May 24, 2015, 10:14 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on May 24, 2015, 09:39:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 24, 2015, 06:43:
As soon as you have 3 guys (pirates I saw, with shields, and pikes) you are basically just rolling around like sonic the hedgehog doing 1 fast attack then back to rolling and sign casting because anything else is just suicide.

bombs, man...

bombs

Noticed in streams people always conserved them in the mob fights, but maybe they should have abused the resting mechanic more? Do bombs just magically regenerate?

Ps... Also.. that ring menu and the glitches with selecting stuff on there made more than 1 streamer curse, some had their mouse pointer disappear in dialogs too... ;p

24. Re: RE: Game Reviews May 24, 2015, 06:43 eRe4s3r

jomisab wrote on May 23, 2015, 16:52:
Totally disagree on the KBM controls. They are very responsive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCUtsyG-B58

If you don't have the issues he showcases there, then you are lying, plain and simple. And I don't get why.. it's a valid complaint imo (no idea how it plays, as I said I won't buy this until way later). But from the videos I saw from people actually playing with KB/M it is a complete fucking mess in combat, as usual. As soon as you have 3 guys (pirates I saw, with shields, and pikes) you are basically just rolling around like sonic the hedgehog doing 1 fast attack then back to rolling and sign casting because anything else is just suicide.

And by the way, the controls in Witcher 2 are not tight, that game I own and in that, the combat is a complete mess too. Especially when you have 4 or more enemies.

I actually did like the combat in Witcher 1.. what I didn't like was that fucking city. What a huge insane drag it is but the swamps, dryads and weird quests there make up for it.

I still think Witcher 1 is the best Witcher game. Mainly because I absolutely ADORED the dice game there ;p

That said, from what I see once the people in the streams got used to that weird as fuck delay to everything they started pwning every enemy. If you are good with your dodges, you are basically invincible (though unlike Dark Souls (hard, haha!) you are not immortal while dodging ,p)

News Comments > Desura Explains Missed Payments
11. Re: Desura Explains Missed Payments May 22, 2015, 22:39 eRe4s3r

This is by far the dumbest excuse a company has ever put out. Your CEO is sick... so.. what? Your CEO running your payment system??? No replacement in case of illness? No method in place to automate payment payouts?

Is this run by 1 guy from a home ?

Also Bad Juju is not a publisher, it's a data mining middle ware peddler Aka, The Scum of the Internet you see advertising in your games, and online reporting of all your hard-drive contents? That's what Bad Juju does, aptly named indeed.

Also Destiny poisoned the search engine results for Bad Juju So the company probably lost half it's worth just from that.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2015, 22:45.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
19. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:58 eRe4s3r

Would a honest dev post fake screenshots on the steam store page? The game is not ugly, but those screenshots are so clearly fake and edited that it's hilarious they even call them that.  

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed May 21, 2015, 01:45 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on May 20, 2015, 22:57:
Steam certainly has its faults but it's still the best distribution platform out there (Galaxy included). For every bad feature, there are five good features. Galaxy is pretty barebones right now and has the potential to be good, but the DRM-free stance means it will never have anywhere near the selection of Steam. If you play a lot of games and many of those are AAA games, using Galaxy exclusively just isn't viable.

Exactly, and neither is using anything else "exclusively".
If you are a gamer, as in, someone who plays games as hobby, then you are where the games are. And they are on Steam and Consoles.. so monopoly this or console garbage that, if there is a good game and you are not playing it, then this ain't your hobby, now is it?

8589 Comments. 430 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo