Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9278 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 8, 2015, 18:09 eRe4s3r

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 18:06:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 18:00:
Tumbler wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 17:17:
Flak wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 16:27:
This looks like an overpriced, watered-down version of Battlefield 4 with spaceships and pew pew pews.

Something something Star Citizen.

...I wish Star Citizen ran and played this well...

I wish Star Citizen had an FPS module that we could play.

....I wish Star Citizen had 16 people death match with dedicated servers....

Yeah, except if had asked original backers of Star Citizen whether they wanted FPS the answer would have been no. ^^ And for me I still think SQ42 will suffer heavily from shitty FPS transitions, as it remains a fact that random FPS transitions force you to play the game with mouse and keyboard at all times... which is kinda stupid.

There is literally not way to have HOTAS equipment and keyboard/mouse comfortable arranged in front of you given the difference in height.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Bans
9. Re: Heroes of the Storm Bans Oct 8, 2015, 03:52 eRe4s3r

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 01:21:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 19:07:
this game is such a piece of shit

what's shit around here is your attitude and post history.

You weren't kidding Maybe he is a bot?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Safe Habor declared invalid in the EU Oct 7, 2015, 21:03 eRe4s3r

Hah And now?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2015, 14:24 eRe4s3r

Acleacius wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 11:35:
PHJF wrote on Oct 7, 2015, 10:34:
It's a big world and there are other, better places to be, Ed.

And they'd all extradite him. Why do you think he is in Russia.
Not all, but the US would hijack a flight to get to him before he could reach a destination.

Or they flat out kidnap and torture ye in a black-site, see Khaled al-Masri

News Comments > No SC Retraction from The Escapist
87. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 22:25 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 21:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 21:35:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 15:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 14:24:
So.. excuse my question, but if you haven't backed then wtf do you care?

A fair question worth answering.

And a fair answer it is.. however you come across as someone who hopes this will fail and as I said before, if this game fails then crowd-funding and the space-genre itself will be over and done for, for at least a decade and I am not getting younger. I want a god damn proper immersive space game and the under-funded and under-polished stuff DS produces can't be called that, and ED did not deliver on it's lofty promises either it's just a boring space trucking sim. The options and time ranges (considering the dev times of 4+ years for a proper space game) are not getting smaller. I want to see a proper VR able space game in my lifetime. ~.~

Angels Fall First?

Thanks for the link, never heard of it

83. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 21:35 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 15:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 14:24:

A fair question worth answering.

And a fair answer it is.. however you come across as someone who hopes this will fail and as I said before, if this game fails then crowd-funding and the space-genre itself will be over and done for, for at least a decade and I am not getting younger. I want a god damn proper immersive space game and the under-funded and under-polished stuff DS produces can't be called that, and ED did not deliver on it's lofty promises either it's just a boring space trucking sim. The options and time ranges (considering the dev times of 4+ years for a proper space game) are not getting smaller. I want to see a proper VR able space game in my lifetime. ~.~

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Patched
6. Re: Heroes of the Storm Patched Oct 6, 2015, 14:34 eRe4s3r

Have to admit I stopped playing this entirely... while fun, the match making is total garbage  

50. Re: No SC Retraction from The Escapist Oct 6, 2015, 14:24 eRe4s3r

Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 10:14:
This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of CIG's shenanigans, it will soon see the end of the White Knight backers.

Lock S-Foils in Attack position. Here we go. Accelerate to attack speed!

Heck I have backed (30$ I think) and aside from DS doxxing people I don't give 2 shits about any of this

Seems to me some people got a real weird anti and pro cult going on here. Only moment I will care, is when SQ42 episode 1 doesn't release before 2016 or if it's total shit

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
172. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 21:45 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 13:54:
NasWulf wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 10:25:
You're correct but you're also assuming that The Escapist could handle a financial drain of a lawsuit. CIG might not get a positive outcome from a lawsuit but in turn they may just put the Escapist bankrupt from a sustained financial drain of a lawsuit, that's what they got to be asking themselves. Will the revenue from a few ads clicks on a sensationalized article be able to match the outcome from a slanderous lawsuit against them.

Or do they take the humiliation of a public apology and retract the article but save face and also save money and move on.

There's actually a law that prevents corporations from trying to stifle this kind of thing: anti-SLAPP laws. CIG could have the suit dismissed immediately, or could be subject to heavy fines in addition to the defendant's legal costs.

Also, what Atomic said. CIG does not want to go to court, where everything gets opened up during discovery. They're playing right into Derek's hands with this.

Read more about SLAPP here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_lawsuit_against_public_participation

In the EU laws are different. And as journalist you better have DAMN SOLID PROOF if you claim criminal actions that someone else commits. Otherwise you can pay up to a few million Ä. Google Kachelmann + Bild for example, and UK has even more severe punishments.

Technically CIG can sue in the UK and thus, in the EU.

From pure entertainment standpoint, I'd be curious if CIG would actually do that though, since a court would *check* if the allegations are true.

News Comments > The Crew: Wild Hunt Beta This Month
3. Re: The Crew: Wild Hunt Beta This Month Oct 5, 2015, 20:32 eRe4s3r

It's the game were Ciri races Geralt in pimped up exotic sports cars to catch monsters that.. do the same ,)  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 5, 2015, 20:19 eRe4s3r

Called it Now I think this was just a huge hoax If so, well played, very well played  

News Comments > Star Citizen Employees "Speak Out"
166. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 5, 2015, 18:08 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 16:51:
dsmart wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 21:54:
Quboid wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 19:50:
Regardless of the definition of doxxing, I think you should leave their daughter the hell out of it. That's just not cool. If you feel to need to put up a rebuttal to doxxing allegations, fine, but when your rebuttal is its self a dick move, you've done more than wasted your time.

I don't agree with a word Tumbler says, for what it's worth. I think that you are doing this for the right reasons and you have done a lot to encourage an important discussion, even if it is a discussion with more toxic emissions than a Volkswagon testing facility.

For the last time, stop trying to change the narrative. I have known about this since May. It never appeared in my blog or Twitter feed. Until someone made the connection and posted. And he didn't post it because of kids. It was Sandi, and the kid just happened to be in the picture. Like the millions of kids online in their parents pictures. sheesh

"If you feel to need to put up a rebuttal to doxxing allegations, fine, but when your rebuttal is its self a dick move, you've done more than wasted your time."

I'm not trying to change the narrative, I'd like you to stop making it so easy for those *who actually disagree with you* to change the narrative.

Just give it up. Explaining to DSMART that he is wrong is like trying to extinguish a fire with gasoline. Let him dox a young child and her mother and defend it as if it were a thing to be proud off. It tells us everything we need to know about him, especially for those that haven't lurked here for 10+ years.

And the largest joke of them all is DS talking about ethics while at the same time he continues doxxing a young child that has absolutely nothing to do with Star Citizen. I don't disagree with DS demanding proper money trails out of CIG, but I will never defend a guy as long as he doxxing young children or anyone for that matter. Personal attacks have no place in an argument, especially not posting address clear name and picture of a CHILD.

And then his absurd claim that this is changing a narrative. He could have removed that specific image link and I'd not have said a word more. But DSMART does not admit mistakes, ever. We know this, the Internet knows this. Heck it's even a meme.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Oct 5, 2015, 12:08 eRe4s3r

ledhead1969 wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 22:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 16:39:
Nobody outside the US thinks it's the land of the free It's the prison island of the subjugated and armed.

Maybe that is why the subjugated and unarmed always flock here?

Well you can be subjugated and armed and still have a very high standard of living... unless you are one of the 406496 shooting victims since 2001 ;p (And that is not a typo)

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Can we keep our technology from slipping out of control? Oct 4, 2015, 21:29 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 18:42:
If we couldn't we'd be harvested by reapers right now.

Would that be a bad thing?

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
32. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 20:52 eRe4s3r

ShadyPete wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 19:41:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 19:36:
ShadyPete wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 19:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 17:17:
Gotta agree here, where is the beef? This seems like a prettier SPORE disaster to be honest. Except they shoot even higher.

Will Wright was on the Colbert Report once....

They were probably like, Stephen we know you're a big Wright fan... but you absolutely cannot mention Spore during the interview.

It was during Spore developement so they did talk about it.. soo yeah history repeating?

Wouldn't that be something ( http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2006/12/6180/ ) Funny but somehow I thought I remembered Spore and Colbert Report for some reason, google says I was right.. hot damn.. 2006 that was

The far better joke though is that in these previews and interviews I constantly have to think of Spore... and that is not a good memory at all.

I dunno really, as others here already said, proc content is empty content, without meaning, without purpose, without point. The actual meat of the game, the gameplay that you do and the repetitive cycles of challenge/reward of it are what defines a game, and while they showed something about resource gathering, these videos so far showed a very very shallow game. I mean literally, point at stuff and name it.. that's not gameplay and that was literally the only thing they showed here....

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2015, 20:59.

News Comments > No Man's Sky on Late Show
18. Re: No Man's Sky on Late Show Oct 4, 2015, 17:17 eRe4s3r

Gotta agree here, where is the beef? This seems like a prettier SPORE disaster to be honest. Except they shoot even higher.  

157. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 4, 2015, 16:53 eRe4s3r

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 15:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 4, 2015, 12:49:
dsmart wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 12:30:

1) Nobody "doxed" Chris Roberts. Itís FALSE, 1

Plus, he doxed himself in his rant

Yeah.. uh, you might wanna check your definition of doxing.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snimul

vs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing
Doxing (from dox, abbreviation of documents), or doxxing is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting personally identifiable information about an individual from (among others) public sources....

You just doxxed his 5 year old daughter and wife in the same piece where you claim you didn't do it. Really classy ,)
Yup, it seems Derek Smart doesn't understand what doxing is. Derek Smart is a scumbag at the best of times but doxing Chris Roberts' family is egregious even for him.

Maybe he just doesn't grasp that posting a link to the real name of a 5year old + her photo is broadcasting personal information. Even if the source is public, the context matters when deciding what is or isn't doxxing.

And I fail to see what her name and image has to do with Star Citizen.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2015, 16:39 eRe4s3r

Nobody outside the US thinks it's the land of the free It's the prison island of the subjugated and armed.  

154. Re: Star Citizen Employees Oct 4, 2015, 12:49 eRe4s3r

dsmart wrote on Oct 3, 2015, 12:30:

1) Nobody "doxed" Chris Roberts. Itís FALSE, 1

Plus, he doxed himself in his rant

Yeah.. uh, you might wanna check your definition of doxing.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snimul

vs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doxing
Doxing (from dox, abbreviation of documents), or doxxing is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting personally identifiable information about an individual from (among others) public sources....

You just doxxed his 5 year old daughter and wife in the same piece where you claim you didn't do it. Really classy ,)

News Comments > Master of Orion Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: Master of Orion Gameplay Trailer Oct 3, 2015, 22:09 eRe4s3r

JohnBirshire wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 21:24:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 19:52:
I hope they don't fuck up the age old problem of auto resolve vs manual resolve... (they only showed auto-resolve, but manual is planned... which is kinda meh, I hated combat in MOO...)
I'd have to disagree, and I would think you are an overwhelming minority. It was a lot of fun designing your own ships and seeing your newly developed weapons in combat.

Yeah, but it wasn't fun to do manual combat the 742th time...

9278 Comments. 464 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo