Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6685 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Sid Meierís Civilization: Beyond Earth Details
19. Re: Sid Meierís Civilization: Beyond Earth Details Apr 14, 2014, 10:48 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 08:46:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 03:13:
Quboid wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 17:18:

The AI is fine

until you have more than 3 workers....

I don't remember many problems with having several workers under AI control. They can bunch up in one area of the map, such as if you conquer a city then they might all rush in to improve the roads/land, but this is minor and can happen when they're under player control. Is there something I'm forgetting?

You are forgetting that workers can't sit on the same space as another worker... on certain map configs they literally dead-lock themselves, because workers at the "front" of the chain start work and the workers behind can no longer pass them.

The primary reason why I am playing with a 2upt mod. No stacks of doom, but you can stack 2 units of each kind now.. which by the way, fixes the AI formation problems completely.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 14, 2014, 10:42 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 06:27:
They don't do spring sales. Closest they ever had was last year with an all-indie promotion. Past 5 years has always been a 6-7 month wait between big winter and summer sales. That could change, obviously, but I don't understand the expectation when there's no precedent for it.

I always thought they do a spring sale coupled with some kind of community event, ie challenges etc.... like the potato sale ;p Where you could buy a "bag" of indy games for super price and get achievements in them to get some reward.... (Which I got, it was the complete Valve back-catalog at the time)

They are not doing that anymore I guess...

I got 3 games on my wishlist so I am kinda hoping for a sale soon

News Comments > Watch Dogs "Ultra Specs"
8. Re: Watch Dogs Apr 14, 2014, 10:39 eRe4s3r

It'll run just fine on any cpu with more than 2.5ghz and a 670GTX i'll bet. Specs are always mostly bullshit..

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 14, 2014, 06:22 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 20:09:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 19:11:
I don't need any more Steam sales. I have enough unplayed/unfinished games as it is.

Yeah, I went throughout 2013 without buying a game from Steam at all, until the Autumn sale.

Speaking of sales... where are they? No easter sale/spring sale after all?

News Comments > Sid Meierís Civilization: Beyond Earth Details
13. Re: Sid Meierís Civilization: Beyond Earth Details Apr 14, 2014, 03:13 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 17:18:

The AI is fine

until you have more than 3 workers....

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 Released; Episode 4 Trailer
12. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 Released; Episode 4 Trailer Apr 13, 2014, 23:17 eRe4s3r

Bundy wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 13:16:
Quinn wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 12:47:
Meh, I don't know. I personally think that demonization goes absolutely viral all the time. Mostly on Blues, but also on the net in general. Of course it's only my opinion but I really like both TWD and TWAU still as much as I did the S01E01. I don't see where all the bad mojo is coming from and I don't care either -- it's too easy to get prejudiced by the over-analytic ramblings of self-entitled critics.

Hey now. That's not true..... I'm not overly analytic...

Neither am I. But.... If I play a game, I am going to talk about my opinion of it. And these are subjective.

By the way.. what the heck does self-entitled even mean. Makes no sense. Every human being is entitled with a focus on itself. If that is not the case, that person is likely schizophrenic or depressive.

So if anything, you are saying it's too easy to be prejudiced by "subjective opinions" and to that I say... WELL DUH And if you don't care, your post makes no sense either. Clearly you do care ;p

I like the telltale games are visual novels, but I would never recommend them if someone asks me about a good game.....

News Comments > Titanfall Expedition DLC Next Month
12. Re: Titanfall Expedition DLC Next Month Apr 13, 2014, 23:08 eRe4s3r

Sepharo wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 14:25:
The game launched with 15 maps.
BF4 launched with 10.
BF3 9.
CoD Ghosts 14.

I won't be buying the 3 DLC maps. The new game modes that are also launching with the DLC will be free to everyone. Don't see what there is to get so worked up about over a 3 map DLC in 2014.

Not to mention that BF3 broke it's extra game modes by making them expansion exclusive. So nobody fucking played them.... argh

So I got Titanfall for cheap and I got my moneys worth already.... new game-modes sounds good to me. There's already plenty of maps in it....

I gotta say though, I am a really good player in Titanfall and Battlefield... but Battlefield just bores me nowadays. I play once or twice every few weeks and that's it.

Wall running in Titanfall doesn't get old quite that quickly.... the load times do though. On an SSD, longer than 1m....

News Comments > Unbended Revealed, New ARPG from Sacred Devs
5. Re: Unbended Revealed, New ARPG from Sacred Devs Apr 13, 2014, 22:20 eRe4s3r

Well I am hyped ;p  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Apr 13, 2014, 07:13 eRe4s3r

Is there an android app to avoid iphone users? ;p  

News Comments > Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed?
22. Re: Civilization: Beyond Earth Revealed? Apr 12, 2014, 22:14 eRe4s3r

Fall 2014 is scheduled release date... was properly announced with trailer and all at PAX  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 12, 2014, 02:43 eRe4s3r

Twitter

Thats because you can follow twitter accounts only with a twitter account, and it's a good way to stay up-to-date when you use certain services... so basically.. twitter isn't about tweeting, it's about easy reading of tweets that matter to you.

99% of twitter tweets are total crap anyway

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 11, 2014, 01:02 eRe4s3r

StaTik wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 22:41:
[i]Alternatively, updated versions of the company's incredibly successful Grand Thef Auto 5 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC are widely expected to be among the biggest releases of the year.[i/]

Have I been living under a rock and they anounced gt5 for PC?

Good joke... ;p Rockstar doesn't care about PC anymore.

News Comments > Mojang Suggests Password Change
10. Re: Mojang Suggests Password Change Apr 10, 2014, 18:42 eRe4s3r

Necrophob wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 09:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 20:32:
Necrophob wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:47:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:16:
Open source---'nuff said.
The Canadian Gov't shut down their Tax web site due to same exploit.

http://tinyurl.com/no6q3qg

You're saying open source projects are inherently less secure than closed source? There are pretty good decompilers around for most languages, so regardless of whether the hacker has access to your original code, he knows what it's doing and can look for vulnerabilities. Microsoft wishes it was otherwise.

Not even Microsoft would have let a commit through to one of the main-stays of internet security, actually the fucking foundation of internet security, that posts your entire secured ssl stream to anyone that asks on the internet. And then dragged their feet for months while it was exploited in the wild.

I think at this point OpenSSL needs to die. This isn't a bug or an exploit, it's a backdoor that was intentionally put in and let through.

Well, it turns out it's not as bad as all that (very bad still). They wouldn't get your unencrypted ssl stream, just 64 kilobyte chunks of server RAM at a time (as many times as they want). So they'd get what's in memory at the time of the hack, which could be most anything, including unencrypted passwords. I just read that the only way they'd get the private ssl key is if they were the first heartbeat request after a server reset.

The problem being that this "did not trigger any alarms, or logs" is the real one... we can not know what was stolen and what wasn't. We have to assume all sites with that RFC enabled were compromised, as in, the full encryption was compromised and can be read by attackers. I am waiting another week to make sure all sites are fixed and then I am gonna be whole-sale changing all my passwords. Gonna be a pain in the back ^^

This was apparently exploited for a whole year before the security researchers found it....
I thought we had such massive issues to the foundation structures of the internet behind us... sigh

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Premium Beta
33. Re: Elite Dangerous Premium Beta Apr 10, 2014, 18:31 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 17:02:
I must say the way everything functions even in multiplayer looks amazing. You can even hide your signature from radar by going 'dark' so to speak by shutting off all non-critical systems. They also have advanced maneuvering, which the person that recorded that seems to have a total handle on.

Ok that was some impressive footage indeed Looks to be a game tailor made for VR too.

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 Released; Episode 4 Trailer
4. Re: The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 Released; Episode 4 Trailer Apr 10, 2014, 16:44 eRe4s3r

Bundy wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 14:25:
To some 105 lb annoying chick.

All points are true, except this one. Bloody Mary is not just any annoying chick, if they put her in as old lore tells it she is literally akin to a prime evil ;p

That said, I maintain that this removes itself further and further from actual gameplay. It's a dialog and weird cut-scene thing, a visual novel in a way... but there was no actual puzzle solving. Like literally NONE.

I didn't think I'd agree to this opinion but after ep2 i thought they'd fix this again. They did not. It's a good movie to watch and click through, but it's becoming a really crappy game

News Comments > Mojang Suggests Password Change
7. Re: Mojang Suggests Password Change Apr 9, 2014, 20:32 eRe4s3r

Necrophob wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:47:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:16:
Open source---'nuff said.
The Canadian Gov't shut down their Tax web site due to same exploit.

http://tinyurl.com/no6q3qg

You're saying open source projects are inherently less secure than closed source? There are pretty good decompilers around for most languages, so regardless of whether the hacker has access to your original code, he knows what it's doing and can look for vulnerabilities. Microsoft wishes it was otherwise.

Not even Microsoft would have let a commit through to one of the main-stays of internet security, actually the fucking foundation of internet security, that posts your entire secured ssl stream to anyone that asks on the internet. And then dragged their feet for months while it was exploited in the wild.

I think at this point OpenSSL needs to die. This isn't a bug or an exploit, it's a backdoor that was intentionally put in and let through.

News Comments > Evening Patches
9. Re: Evening Patches Apr 9, 2014, 04:46 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 23:59:
I was DCd five times today inside an hour.

That earns you a mere giggle.. why would you play D3 on a patch day?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 8, 2014, 15:29 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 11:23:
A polygraph is not a lie-detector.

Indeed... but it's ARS... what do you expect?

News Comments > Goat Simulator Patch Plans
3. Re: Goat Simulator Patch Plans Apr 8, 2014, 04:32 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 00:08:
SlimRam wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 23:35:
Anybody know if the nude patch is out yet?

Imagine:

NAKED GOATS!!!!

Awwwwww YEAH

Had a coworker who raised goats, years ago. I went out once to see what all the fuss was about. They're very cute, when they're little...but trust me when I say you never, ever, want to see the back end of a pregnant goat. You literally want to avert your eyes...

Seriously... WHY? Why? Why do you mention that.. how is anyone supposed to resist googling that to see what you are talking about? What's Google going to think about us now that we googled it...

You evil, evil person you!

News Comments > Broforce Early Access
12. Re: Broforce Early Access Apr 8, 2014, 04:30 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 18:21:
Tip toeing the line for likeness, hopefully they got some permissions.

Hehe, there is no way anyone can enforce likeness rules on an 8bit stylized pixelated shooter like this... which is pretty much why so many of these 8bit games exist I'd wager.

6685 Comments. 335 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo