Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7966 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming
12. Re: All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming Jan 14, 2015, 20:47 eRe4s3r

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 20:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 19:44:
Julio wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 18:12:
I'm confused, I thought beta = final game for the Battlefield series now.

Define "final game" ... because the game isn't final when they remove content for the future 5 dlc releases...

Anyway, after BF4 I will take what I get for free, but paying money for something DICE made? Not gonna happen ever again. This game is a huge pass for me.

You're in luck, DICE didn't make this. It's crap anyway, but...you know.

Well that is why I will check out the beta.. ,p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming
10. Re: All Platform Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming Jan 14, 2015, 19:44 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 18:12:
I'm confused, I thought beta = final game for the Battlefield series now.

Define "final game" ... because the game isn't final when they remove content for the future 5 dlc releases...

Anyway, after BF4 I will take what I get for free, but paying money for something DICE made? Not gonna happen ever again. This game is a huge pass for me.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed?
31. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 14, 2015, 16:58 eRe4s3r

Warhammer could be fantastic in Total War style, corruption, magic, heroes, smaller battles = better performance and AI ,p

But the question is.. will they make it complex, deep and fun? Or will they remake Rome 2 with fantasy units.......

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
9. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 14, 2015, 16:17 eRe4s3r

Lord Tea wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 05:27:
[sarcasm]
Everything is going to be SO MUCH BETTER once TTIP is here! Be HAPPY!
[/sarcasm]

If I didn't have an actual US CC thanks to my US bank account I probably wouldn't even know what Kickstarter is.

OMG.. don't even get me started on TTIP... ;p

I only know what KS is because some projects offer paypal links. I know I am a tiny minority (as Europeans sadly are on KS) but without paypal a project won't get any backing from me. ;/ And I will never use Stripe. I grudgingly! use paypal only because I am protected by European laws with them.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity in March
15. Re: Pillars of Eternity in March Jan 14, 2015, 16:08 eRe4s3r

Bring it, will not watch any videos about it either, When it releases I will be blissfully ignorant (Well, lore aside, because as Backer you kinda get lore info nobody else does..) !  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released
12. Re: Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released Jan 14, 2015, 03:39 eRe4s3r

Yeah I am still not even done with the game... too frigging scary that last part (On a proper sound-system..)  

6. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 13, 2015, 23:43 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 23:09:
I'm glad SR is doing so well with its project, but at the same time I am EXTREMELY pissed that Kickstarter dropped Amazon payments, and I now have to give YET ANOTHER fucking payment processing place my information. What.The.Effing.Eff.

Yeah, and after reading more about it, apparently it's not even KS we can blame. Amazon removed the payment API/System KS was using with no replacement. Probably because of the many charge-backs.. who knows.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc Trailer
4. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Havoc Trailer Jan 13, 2015, 22:15 eRe4s3r

I like how they show combat, yet don't show that 9 out of 10 people run the OP elite laser sniper rifle of doom with infinite ammo.

MP is already ruined ;/

4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 13, 2015, 22:05 eRe4s3r

Wake me when KS actually wants payments by Europeans again... Not gonna use American CC providers and their non-existent payment security. And especially not Stripe, which is not a trustworthy payment provider in the EU. As in literally, it's classified as "do not use" because of zero protection required in the EU for banking business (which is what stripe is, even if it just temporarily touches the money

Stripe also has a 15$ chargeback fee. Which is illegal in the EU. (And now you know why they don't support European payment systems)

And before you wonder, the difference between Stripe and Paypal, is that Paypal has a banking license and is thus protected by and obligated to EU banking laws. Which means if Stripe is hacked or your payment details leak you are fucked. Zero protection, zero rights.

Can't believe they choose that provider of all the possible ones

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2015, 22:13.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Live
13. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Live Jan 13, 2015, 15:29 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 15:13:
El Pit wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 15:10:
Would have supported this, but kickstarter now wants my cc details instead of using Amazon. Sorry, no deal. Bad move by kickstarter, at least for me.

Yeah, they moved to a different payment system, I wasn't aware of it after first, either:

http://techcrunch.com/2015/01/06/kickstarter-drops-amazon-payments-for-stripe/

edit: Also 117, in like two hours...holy shit.

Stripe it's called, and that means I will pledge ZERO money to KS projects. Stripe does not support German or European SEPA banking as payment method, which is only the FUCKING STANDARD IN EUROPE.

Another brain-dead move by KS. And further proves, KS is a US thing, for international projects other platforms need to be found

News Comments > Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Live
7. Re: Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter Live Jan 13, 2015, 14:56 eRe4s3r

so unlike I previous assume this was already funded, they just want.. more money to add more features than they have budgeted. So sorry I was doubting that back the other topic.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released
3. Re: Alien: Isolation Safe Haven DLC Released Jan 13, 2015, 14:53 eRe4s3r

Makes me sad all the DLC is for time limited stuff. This game basically begs for a sandbox game-mode of some description. Where you only job is to survive in an changing environment for as long as possible, with hunger/thirst/sleep mechanic...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
69. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 13, 2015, 03:39 eRe4s3r

Freelancer though massively over-hyped was still one of the greatest space games ever made though.

Anyway, as long as Squadron 42 is delivered with cinematic production values (And we know Cry-Engine is up for that) then they make what I wanted out of it...

And for the rest, I assume the tiny closed levels currently are exactly the way they are because the MAJOR part of the game, which requires massive engine modifications, new netcode, new simulation and new AI, is nowhere near to being playable for normal players. And since everything is modular (And Arena Commander is supposed to be the "combat simulator" module that is basically the training mode) we are getting an early peek, but nothing even remotely like the full game.

And that's how game development is. Some parts are done early, some parts take forever. And boarding itself is a module that you need to take into account when making art, and when coding the engine. It's impossible to "patch that in" later. FPS module and every single SHIP making (both from Squadron 42 and the other teams) has to coordinate on getting this to work....

News Comments > Writer's Guild Videogame Writing Award Nominees
11. Re: Writer's Guild Videogame Writing Award Nominees Jan 13, 2015, 03:01 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 00:33:
Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 23:17:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:58:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 18:41:
Julio wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 18:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:53:
Missed Shadowrun Dragonfall.

Agreed, clear miss there. At least DA:I isn't in the running.

Let me guess, you never played DA:I

Not directed at me, but...
I'll play it when they patch in what they said they would day 2 after release. They have gone completely radio silent at this point and I look at it as if no patch has been released because the one they did have did nothing if not create more issues.

I finished the game with nary a problem.

Thousands did, thousand finished a game you didn't like. My point is most acknowledge bad controls, they did day 2, said they'd fix and then nothing. Or put it another way... you've knocked games for less around here I'm sure. EA isn't living up on their end. Don't defend it.

You have a point That patch is still MIA... and that's a pretty fucking bit MIA considering when they promised it'd come

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - War, the Game
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - War, the Game Jan 12, 2015, 21:24 eRe4s3r

This seems like a REALLY dumbed down real time risk clone with terrible controls.. as if made for a tablet or touch-screen  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 12, 2015, 20:48 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 20:01:
crypto wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:38:
Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:04:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:02:
Cutter wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 19:00:
Yeah, maybe if you have the hearing of Daredevil you might need a Pono, otherwise, no.

Needle and the damage done?

Yeah, stereo needle and huge fucking speakers.

Actually, there is a need for HD audio. There is a big difference between 128k and 256k audio but you need a quality stereo to notice and the right music.

This, this and more this. The quality we are fed streaming is good for headsets. But you put it on the stereo with speakers and crank it, most of it breakdown pretty badly, You can sense the low bit rate. Ripping CD's if not using CD's is still where it is at if you have the need to blast through speakers. I still have that need.

That said, who do you guys feel has the best quality downloads/streams?

Youtube in HD 720p -> 384 kbps AAC-LE

When music is uploaded that way, it sounds awesome. Which is why youtube is REALLY popular for music videos. The quality is far above mp3 and that bitrate makes it so you can *not* tell a difference.. assuming the source audio was uncompressed... just remember to always set to HD, because without hd the sound is 128kbps...

News Comments > Writer's Guild Videogame Writing Award Nominees
3. Re: Writer's Guild Videogame Writing Award Nominees Jan 12, 2015, 18:41 eRe4s3r

Julio wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 18:26:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:53:
Missed Shadowrun Dragonfall.

Agreed, clear miss there. At least DA:I isn't in the running.

Let me guess, you never played DA:I

News Comments > Job Posting Hints MS RTS Revival
7. Re: Job Posting Hints MS RTS Revival Jan 12, 2015, 15:50 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 15:40:
Age of Empires for Xbox, with a shitty Windows port to follow six month later in which they did zero effort to make it playable on PC.

It'll be free to play to top it off I have long given up on MS making any decent games.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 12, 2015, 15:46 eRe4s3r

What is "The Internet" .. because last I checked, what we call the web is billions of tiny pieces, some can be taken offline, but not all.

Is silly fear mongering...

News Comments > Avernum 2: Crystal Souls This Week
3. Re: Avernum 2: Crystal Souls This Week Jan 12, 2015, 15:36 eRe4s3r

Even though I am major RPG fan Geneforge, Avadon and Avernum always just bored me to tears. I can handle grind and that, I mean when there is a point. But the story in these games is so off-hand, so dry. There is literally no immersion.

I think it's good he makes what likes to make, but for me these are not shining examples of good CRPG's....

7966 Comments. 399 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo