Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7290 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 7, 2014, 09:29 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 04:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 01:32:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 19:10:
I hear Ian Malcolm is looking for work, as long as it doesn't involve dinosaurs.

TLDR - > they are talking about chaos theory, the management of complex, non predictable systems that despite being entirely chaotic, follow complex rules. (The goal is to find these rules, to make predictions).

Company like Netflix definitely needs something like that

Right, thus the Jurassic Park joke.

I don't think many people remember who that is though I gotta rewatch Jurassic park at some point...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Revised Ryse: Son of Rome System Specs
9. Re: Revised Ryse: Son of Rome System Specs Sep 7, 2014, 09:28 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2014, 08:45:
4K gaming? Right. And how long did it take for 64 bit gaming to become a reality? I remember using XP 64 bit because I was stoked for the coming onslaught of 64 bit games! 15 years later....finally a trickle begins.

And more hilariously, the games where it matters most (Simulations) have been skimping on properly utilizing 64bit.. and thus we gained nothing from 64bit even though it's now supported.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 6, 2014, 01:32 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 19:10:
I hear Ian Malcolm is looking for work, as long as it doesn't involve dinosaurs.

TLDR - > they are talking about chaos theory, the management of complex, non predictable systems that despite being entirely chaotic, follow complex rules. (The goal is to find these rules, to make predictions).

Company like Netflix definitely needs something like that

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation in Stores
14. Re: Planetary Annihilation in Stores Sep 5, 2014, 12:11 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 10:34:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 10:29:
This is one of the few things I backed back when KS was all the hype.
Me too and tbh I don't like the way the game turned out to be.
Find it more frustrating than fun to play.
Lesson learned.
It reminds me of Stracraft with "number of action per minute" and macros and build orders, bullshit

Yeah I pretty much agree. I guess the money was really not enough. Too many ideas, not enough money to make them happen properly and while the game is kinda ok, it sounded so neat to have entire planets.. but now that I played it I can't even put in words how much tiny planets annoy the heck out of me. This game needs a proper defense system for planets (the ranges of everything orbital are extremely small) otherwise you play catch the transporter the entire game, (and there is literally no way to catch it, unless you build orbital defenses every 20feet ... sigh

13. Re: Planetary Annihilation in Stores Sep 5, 2014, 12:02 eRe4s3r

Well I played an hour...

Oh my god Orbital combat is annoying as fuck, has zero oohmp behind it, everything dies instantly or has way too short ranges and because the orbit occludes 50% of the shit happening you can literally overlook an ENTIRE FUCKING LANDING ARMY and never even be told one is building up on your starting planet...

Galactic War (the SP) imbalanced as fuck (no way to retreat, so you find the faction commander on turn 3 with no advanced units (I found, literally Orbital Tech, Storage Tech, Tech Slot, Storage Tech) and it dropped me on the friggin faction commander who of course, has ALL the tech. Including nukes.

Nukes by the way, not something you can defend against unless you find the right tech. So yay?

I've gotta say, spherical maps sounded need in theory, but holy crap is this impossible to play on. We need a proper minimap in this game or it's literally UNPLAYABLE since for each planet you have 2 layers (ground/orbit) and no way to look at orbit while you look at what happens on the ground.

PIP is near useless here as you often fight on 3 fronts (orbit, ground and elsewhere ground/orbit)... the voice announcer says useless things and doesn't inform of you the really important things (like friggin teleporter in construction on my starting world, fastest game over ever ;p) While I was looking at enemy planet building advanced laser weapon of doom (only thing I could build, actually to attack him) he teleported half his army on my planet and the only moment I got an info was when my radar blew up, which was about the time my commander died from 300 advanced troops (remember, could only build default land vehicles and nothing else, literally nothing else ;P)

So yeah, this needs a shit-metric-ton of mods to be a decent rts... sigh. At least the AI is pretty damn competent. When it doesn't walk right up to your base at the 4minute mark with no support to die. Which happened to me ;/

Ps.: It has SP in a sense, Skirmish is in and works fine. There is also Galactic war, which is a sort of "travel around stars, find tech, find enemy, fight enemies, win" campaign. No story, but if you want to play SP keep in mind this is literally a draw of luck. You either find the tech you need to win, or you literally do not have a single chance in hell since you can not retreat from a fight (ie, you move on a star on the star-map, and it only gives you the option to fight)

1. Re: Planetary Annihilation in Stores Sep 5, 2014, 10:29 eRe4s3r

This is one of the few things I backed back when KS was all the hype. So now is the day of truth, huh? PoE will be the 3rd and last day of truth by the way ;p  

News Comments > Op Ed
334. Re: Op Ed Sep 5, 2014, 05:53 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 12:22:
Jenn Frank, who wrote freelance for The Guardian, has quit writing on games. She's been harassed out. Her sin? She wrote The Guardian's 500 word blog covering #gamergate. She also donated money to Zoe Quinn a long time ago on Patreon and has met Quinn at least once.

She didn't review Quinn's products, and she didn't write something advertising them, she covered #gamergate in a blog (aka editorial.) The Guardian's legal staff reviewed it and recommended she not bother disclosing it.

Is this where we are now? Are our games "journalists" not allowed to personally meet developers nor donate to Kickstarters? What, exactly, do we expect from our game journalists? Do sports anchors not know athletes? Do our music reviewers not spend time backstage or go to awards shows?

They are allowed to do all that, if disclosed BEFORE WRITING AN OP-ED, not AFTER. And Patreon should be 100% forbidden for journalists, not just disclosed.

News Comments > The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 Early Access
2. Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 Early Access Sep 5, 2014, 02:26 eRe4s3r

EUR 29.99/USD 29.99

Hahahaha

Brits pay 40.79 US Dollar
Europeans pay 38.78 US Dollar

Or put differently, fuck regional pricing and anyone supporting it.

News Comments > Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated
11. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 11:17 eRe4s3r

Overon wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 11:08:
I wonder how many innocents this will snag.

Well the fix is renaming a single file.. so yeah.... very efficient deterrent it is not...

News Comments > Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated
4. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 11:06 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:50:
I've looked at some of the "let's play" videos on the tube and about 2 minutes into the character creation mode I was so bored I was sitting there thinking why the fuck am I wasting my time watching this shit.
Never played any of the previous sims games, is this any good? Does it get any more interesting later on ?
From what I've seen it looked like a facebook game

That's pretty much what it is It only gets interesting when you get mods.. at least SIMS3 was pretty neat what with running your own business and strange crazy and violent random things happening.

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
1. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 4, 2014, 09:39 eRe4s3r

This is gonna be golden... valve having to disclose it's absurd refund policies.. haha  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially?
33. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 09:09 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 07:28:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 00:27:
Well this is really.. not surprising news

They should have made Fallout 4...
Fallout4 is already in the works. Best guess is release for next year sometime.

Thats very nice to hear

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 4, 2014, 06:42 eRe4s3r

Wouldn't make PR with that if I were AMD People might google FX-8370 benchmarks otherwise... or is this Intel PR?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 4, 2014, 03:19 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 02:53:
"There are no robots in baseball!"

It's actually a really neat idea.. put 2 good cameras on there, put VR goggles on, and telepresence in a stadium from your room. The future

17. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 02:43 eRe4s3r

NamecaF wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 02:28:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 00:27:

ZeniMax Online != Bethesda Game Studios

They both fall under the umbrella of ZeniMax Media, but ZeniMax Online was created specifically for ESO and I assume other MMO/Online games had it done well.

Hopefully Bethesda are working on Fallout 4 right now.

Ah... thanks ,) Guess I confused the 2...

12. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Layoffs; Struggling Financially? Sep 4, 2014, 00:27 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Op Ed
314. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2014, 10:30 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 09:30:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 3, 2014, 09:06:
So anyway, since I miss my daily links.. turns out IGF was rigged?

Indie-fensible! - The Maya "Legobutts" Kramer Story!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgW5NRUfs44

Fun!

Can you sum it up? Youtube is crappy while I'm on the train.

You can always watched it when you have time It's too much to TLDR

If you followed the drama through youtube videos so far this one is gonna leave you stunned

News Comments > Op Ed
311. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2014, 09:06 eRe4s3r

So anyway, since I miss my daily links.. turns out IGF was rigged?

Indie-fensible! - The Maya "Legobutts" Kramer Story!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgW5NRUfs44

Fun!

News Comments > SSI-Inspired Seven Dragon Saga Announced
10. Re: SSI-Inspired Seven Dragon Saga Announced Sep 3, 2014, 05:46 eRe4s3r

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 20:27:
Let's play spot the photoshop fuckup with their site banner.

You mean that the man in the back has boobs? (Or is that supposed to be a women?) ^^ or the grey stripe.. but that'd be boring

News Comments > Memorial Crowdfunding Roundup
11. Re: Memorial Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 3, 2014, 01:08 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 15:26:
InBlack wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 06:17:
As an on-off virtual simmer, I gotta say this is kind of lame. Sure it looks kind of cool, but all the printed gauges, avionics etc. are just distractions and they limit your FOV if you have any kind of serious big screen or projector which most sim pit enthusiasts use.

I kind of feel that the OR might make something like this pointless.

but for OR you need to have the control parts where they are in the VR simulation. And this is impossible to do if you put your joystick on your desk.

7290 Comments. 365 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo