Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7315 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
279. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 18, 2014, 01:38 eRe4s3r

Flatline wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 11:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 09:25:
Verno wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 08:40:
Games change and I can accept that but they should have been out in front of this in a better way. Devs need to acknowledge this sort of thing can affect future performance in crowdfunding though, be careful.

This is a terrible thread BTW, I feel sorry for any newcomer trying to parse this sort of shit.

The threaded structure really falls apart in this forum when there's this many posts ,)

But I gotta be honest, as others have said, the original KS was all about MP this and MP that, I skipped it and funded star-citizen instead.. so far best decision ever. And remember, This game has a TON more cash than star-citizen. They got many many millions IPO from investors after the KS, unlike Star Citizen which went the "we do this ourselves" route.

Also, the latest tweet by this Braben dude is hilarious, he quotes part of the KS FAQ, which if you read it completely actually means the opposite. (Related to refund rights)

I'm going to have to call for a citation that ED had more than 60 million in funding.

Citation

Market cap of 91 million british pounds and cash reserves of 8million british pounds. This dev ain't an indy

Unless I misunderstand how stock exchange works, when you buy a share I give out, then that is my money and your investment

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

206. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 09:25 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 08:40:
Games change and I can accept that but they should have been out in front of this in a better way. Devs need to acknowledge this sort of thing can affect future performance in crowdfunding though, be careful.

This is a terrible thread BTW, I feel sorry for any newcomer trying to parse this sort of shit.

The threaded structure really falls apart in this forum when there's this many posts ,)

But I gotta be honest, as others have said, the original KS was all about MP this and MP that, I skipped it and funded star-citizen instead.. so far best decision ever. And remember, This game has a TON more cash than star-citizen. They got many many millions IPO from investors after the KS, unlike Star Citizen which went the "we do this ourselves" route.

Also, the latest tweet by this Braben dude is hilarious, he quotes part of the KS FAQ, which if you read it completely actually means the opposite. (Related to refund rights)

196. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 07:04 eRe4s3r

Arithon wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 06:59:
The original Elite on the BBC Micro fit in 28K of available RAM.

Just the first post from each of the threads in the Design Discussion Archive is over 151 pages. The total threads amount to thousands of posts. I can read perfectly, I just don't have days to spare to read it all right this second. My "reading skill" is just fine thanks.

There still isn't DRM, unless you count a login, if so, does that mean BluesNews has DRM?

Network issues are still a problem although a lot of in-game lag appears (in my experience) to be graphics optimisation issues and not network issues at all.

The big issue is really "what happens to the game in the future?" if Frontier move on, get successful and bought out or not successful and shut down. Where will the servers go? I think THAT is the most valid question needing to be answered.

Will my kids be able to play Elite: Dangerous with my grandchildren in 30 years?

This poses a wider question to all developers with games like Titanfall, Call of Duty, BattleField BC:2 onwards - with no LAN servers, what DOES happen if we want to play these games in three years time? Or ten years time?
Should there be an industry standard "server source" escrow agreement?

My reply was a jab that design topics are irrelevant, the KS and the dev posts from the KS says offline yes, the newsletter says offline no.. 2 years later!

192. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 04:53 eRe4s3r

Arithon wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 04:26:
I can't find anything in the Design Discussion Archive promising offline either - please post a link if you do - I'd be curious to see what was outlined.

Huh? Your reading skill is quite bad then.

How will single player work? Will I need to connect to a server to play?

The galaxy for Elite: Dangerous is a shared universe maintained by a central server. All of the meta data for the galaxy is shared between players. This includes the galaxy itself as well as transient information like economies. The aim here is that a player's actions will influence the development of the galaxy, without necessarily having to play multiplayer.

The other important aspect for us is that we can seed the galaxy with events, often these events will be triggered by player actions. With a living breathing galaxy players can discover new and interesting things long after they have started playing.

Update! The above is the intended single player experience. However it will be possible to have a single player game without connecting to the galaxy server. You won't get the features of the evolving galaxy (although we will investigate minimising those differences) and you probably won't be able to sync between server and non-server (again we'll investigate).

In case you are not aware, this is listed on the KS page FAQ, bottom, which they can not edit after funding and thus not retcon

They added that update because TONS of people asked for OFFLINE SP. This makes this fraud. Imo

Here the actual DEV comment
Link

During KS phase, note the date of that comment

Also worth nothing that KS will honor your refund due to this discrepancy.. and it reminds me why I didn't support this back then, when I looked at this way at the start of the KS, it was MP only and that doesn't interest me at all. It's gonna be as shitty to new players as EVE is.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2014, 05:05.

178. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 00:53 eRe4s3r

Ehm, yay?

How the heck can you guys make a 175 post topic in 8~ hours

Anyway, the ass raping by Kickstarted developers continues. Here is a hint, you say the game will be offline? That is a guarantee, you withdraw that guarantee from your product, it's fraud. Backers can ask for refund, and they should do it if they wanted offline play (and MODS).

Btw, if you are just normal dude that bought this, here is refund page
https://store.zaonce.net/cancellations-returns/

KS backers, well you better hope you still have the transaction listed with whatever you paid.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2014, 01:19.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 16, 2014, 05:03 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 13:54:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 13:04:
1badmf wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 12:42:
a small pat on the back to MS for being successful by actually making and selling products that help our society rather than printing money by raping the planet. but only a small one.

With all the high profile failures and missteps (XB1, Surface, Win 8) it's surprising they've risen this high. Must be nice having a near monopoly on PC OS and office productivity software.

Because all their money is in Biz Pc's. If only they created a Steam-like front themselves (that didn't suck GFWL) and ask for a much smaller cut so everyone would have jumped on. We'd have one interface and they would make plenty of cash off everyone's licensing, with no additional HW/Dept costs of XBox, pure profit vs money pit. You wonder if there is a way to still do it, now Gabe would sell fear saying "Walled garden, run to Linux, it's a trick", but really they don't have to trick the game here to make $. If Gabe could get the big publishers in Steam with a much more reasonable cut, that would help us all. There is really only one company that could do it, but they can't see forest from trees.

There is only 1 fatal flaw in your theory, for that to ever happen, you'd need someone at the TOP of MS that has an actual clue what is going on in gaming right now. That understands what steam is and does and that understands what developers would really like, and what customers would really like.

But MS isn't gonna do that, because the people at the top have never played a single game in their life or bought a single game on steam.

In essence, what you describe can never come from MS, it can only come from game developers that fundamentally understand how pc gaming and the entire gaming market on PC works.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 16, 2014, 04:50 eRe4s3r

Towyn wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 04:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 01:08:
I meant this would be far better if it were a REAL dragon love story. I mean, as real as fantasy can be, surely one can do more with this idea than just have dragons live in a house.

... you can do more with it than just hatful boyfriend with dragons.

Monster Loves You is a great example on storytelling in this style, if you haven't, look into it, it's wonderful. Feels like a "Choose your own adventure" book, just in big. But yeah... I imagine having to organize your hoard to impress the females, collecting virgins and princesses and hero bones, decorate the interior of your cave, all in preparation for a female to come along and then woo her.

This just feels like a furry making a human dating sim... it's a pity, wasted potential.

And while speaking of wasted potential, there could also be a cross-over into other genres ie. simulation/economical sim, as every proper dragon needs a goblin army and sheep pen for food ;p And the goblins need weapons and every proper dragon also needs magical artifacts and gold.

Depending on what you eat you could basically define what kind of dragon you are, and obviously the player should be able to choose whether to play male or female dragons which would change gameplay. Adventurers would need murdering etc.

Anyway, you know a kickstart project is doomed when just 5 topics in we have thought up a better more fun game... and that's from someone who is not sure what the thing is with furries and dragons. But I know for a fact that if you did this project the "serious" way it could be on-par with other good games in this kind of genre.

Bit baffling really.

Ps.: You could set this game up alá Dungeon Keeper, except you are a dragon with the primary needs, and the monsters you attract are just there to serve you (well they better, or you eat them) Also you get to design your own dragon. And it'd be 100% moddable

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2014, 05:04.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
37. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 16, 2014, 01:10 eRe4s3r

Redmask wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 00:41:
I looked at the preload executables from a friends machine and I am 100% certain this game has Denuvo DRM so don't expect a pirated version any time soon. FIFA15 and Lords of the Fallen used it too and neither has been cracked.

I highly doubt anything remains "uncracked". It'll take maybe months, but Denuvo will be broken just like any other DRM

4. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 16, 2014, 01:08 eRe4s3r

Towyn wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 21:25:
NewMaxx wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 18:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 13:55:
DDS ... no, just no ;/ Proper story and setting would be cute, this is just silly humor

I hate to be the bearer of strange news but...there are actually people who are, uh, "into" dragons. I don't get it either. Just saying.

I like dragons... but dragons are scaled reptiles, just can't imagine them blushing, ... Now if it was a skyrim dragon, that would make an interesting game...

I suppose I just have to stick to dating pigeons

Hehe, tis not how I meant it. The screenshots they showed illustrated that the game is going to be very, very barebones visual novel where "dragons" are essentially just a sprite-swap for real humans. And why would dragons live in a house and have bags?

I meant this would be far better if it were a REAL dragon love story. I mean, as real as fantasy can be, surely one can do more with this idea than just have dragons live in a house.

I have no idea how people can be into dragons, I am not judging that either. But I would think if you want to make this idea, you can do more with it than just hatful boyfriend with dragons.

1. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 15, 2014, 13:55 eRe4s3r

DDS ... no, just no ;/ Proper story and setting would be cute, this is just silly humor  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2014, 09:34 eRe4s3r

personman145 wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 03:04:
Do you really call them trolls when most of them are right? Oprah Winfrey certified!

What, did you expect journalism from the Washington Post?

This Washington post?
we-should-stop-putting-women-in-jail-for-anything

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads
21. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Preloads Nov 15, 2014, 01:36 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 20:09:
Cool beans. The rest of eagerly await the impressions of you who have taken the plunge.

I haz taken the plunge, yes.. I said I will never preorder again, but I had like 10€ worth of vouchers and I watched a lengthy play-session on youtube and for 30€ thanks to $/€ conversion I could not resist. ;p

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2014, 15:22 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 14:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 13:01:
The Swedish Bikini Team was played by American actresses wearing platinum blonde wigs.

I never heard Sweden complain.

Hehe Unlike the government, most swedes do not really care I guess.

News Comments > Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change "Any Time Soon"; DX10 Support Unlikely
30. Re: Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change Nov 14, 2014, 14:59 eRe4s3r

Flatline wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 14:27:
Wildone wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 13:59:
I guess if so many gamers are willing to spend $250 and up on a virtual ship...

Again finally being willing to ditch 32-bit as your native platform means that a whole shitload of memory becomes theoretically possible. We've been spoiled as shit for around a decade or two now of basically figuring "4 gigs and we're done" because everything was written for 32 bit. Even if you had more memory and a 64-bit system if you were a gamer you figured you'd never actually run more then 4 for games.

I remember when it seemed like you needed a goddamn memory upgrade every six months. I bet over the next... oh let's be fair and say 2 years we'll see the standard expectation of what a "gaming" machine should have in it from a memory standpoint hit 32-64 gigs easy not counting video card memory. I'd settle on 64 but that's 8 times the memory of the PS4 and XBone so for the most part you'll probably see 32 being the comfortable pausing point until the next console generation.

I suspect though that the next year or so we'll see game requirements to hover around 8 gigs. Right now available memory has exploded, either from a 32 to 64 bit jump of 4 gigs total to 8 or from the 512 of memory in the 360 & PS4 to the 8 gigs in the xbone/PS4.

The joke being that I run 16gb RAM for nearly 4 years now and my rig is getting old....... kinda sad no game ever actually USED it

9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2014, 13:01 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 12:52:
Are you going to put a "Sexist" label on your Swedish Bikini Team too?

The Swedish Bikini Team was played by American actresses wearing platinum blonde wigs.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - HELL
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - HELL Nov 14, 2014, 11:04 eRe4s3r

JaguarUSF wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 05:56:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 22:02:
Was there a specific reason to make this entire game turn based on a grid?
Because it uses the Battle Academy 2 engine.

Ah, but after playing Valkyrie Chronicles (awesome game on PC by the way) I can not go back to turn based on a grid.. ever again.

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 14, 2014, 11:02 eRe4s3r

So Sweden wants that these games sell particularly well? Because they will..  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - HELL
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - HELL Nov 13, 2014, 22:02 eRe4s3r

Was there a specific reason to make this entire game turn based on a grid? Because I already see from the trailer it's a pain in the ass to get anywhere on the map

Whatever happened to modernization of this genre? Xcom: Enemy Within and all that?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 13, 2014, 21:48 eRe4s3r

"This app is not compatible with your device" First time I see that.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Bug Live Blog Nov 13, 2014, 10:27 eRe4s3r

J wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 09:55:
How I imagined it played out:

"Sir! TotalBiscuit just publically slammed us, and the forums are drowning in angry players. What should we do?"

"Damage limitation procedure. You know the drill!"

They know from experience. Plenty of experience.Well done, Ubi.

TB essentially said "You can't make me play this buggy broken shit, I've got Dragon Age Inquisition to play after all" and then detailed only the brokenness haha, that must have hurt them more than if TB had just made a WTF is AC:Unity and slammed it in a few paragraphs at the end or beginning.

Either way, as you say.. Ubisoft deserves the flak for this. Such bullshit publisher behavior..

7315 Comments. 366 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo