Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8155 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2015, 11:04 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on May 13, 2015, 09:32:
Ripped into chunks by anti aircraft fire, ooook then. Sounds like reasonable government to me. We all bitch about ours from time to time but here's some perspective.

NK doesn't kill random civilians in Pakistan, so there is that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse May 13, 2015, 08:12 eRe4s3r

BW cap in Germany for a 100mbit cable connection is 1.8TB per month. But 60GB cap a day, and when you reach it they throttle "filesharing" to 100kb/s (yeah, you reading that right) and no, I didn't put that "" in out of boredom. You know what they throttle? Everything. EVERYTHING. Yes, contra their own contract text! So youtube, throttled, Steam? Throttled. Downloading GTA 5 and patch? Fuck you, you are throttled. (Happened my friend) and afterwards he couldn't even use youtube anymore.

Needless to say, I'd rather take 6mbit DSL with no cap than that offer ;p Especially because TONS of auto updaters are lately p2p

If I were to ever blog about political things, I'd only do it via VPN and under a false identity. And in my country bloggers are not "hacked apart".. but it just seems prudent to not intermingle political opinion and my personal identity.

This comment was edited on May 13, 2015, 08:19.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 12, 2015, 20:41 eRe4s3r

Warskull wrote on May 11, 2015, 22:47:
jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2015, 19:15:
The players on Team Liquid, a professional League of Legends team, practice for a minimum of 50 hours per week and most play the game far more.

Talk about taking the fun out of something.

It is misguided too, you don't need to play 50 hours a week. Reaching a certain level of play takes a significant time investment. However, once you reach that competitive level of play practicing non-stop loses value rapidly. You still have to practice, but practicing all day isn't necessary.

It would probably benefit them to work some exercise into their routine.

You would be dead wrong on that (well, not on the exercise part). The reason they train is not for their personal skill, but for TEAM and ROSTER change related skills, which are incredibly hard to train for (nobody is master of all characters in LoL), and the reason I dropped out of professional CS playing many many years ago. That shit (team skill training) is work. Hard, HARD work. And back then it didn't even pay ,p

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule
76. Re: The Witcher 3 Preloads Confirmed; Release Schedule May 12, 2015, 20:38 eRe4s3r

Same here, why would I ever not do the MOST FUN THING IN AC4 ?  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 12, 2015, 19:07 eRe4s3r

So magic the gathering acquired the eastern sea league?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 12, 2015, 18:36 eRe4s3r

Bard wrote on May 12, 2015, 13:10:
The power elite are overplaying their hand - to try and stifle the flow of information, chill whistleblowing, and enact policies that ONLY benefit themselves the more obvious it's becoming that our democracies are anything but, and our politicians and the whole political process is a farce.

The entire capitalist and political system is a farce, so how does any of this still surprise anyone?

That GPS app link is truly WTF territory. And cutters links are good for a depressing read.. holy crap

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
21. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 19:17 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:52:
Bradley wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:44:
I wonder what they will do with F4, hopefully a (drastic) change of scenery! Or putting it back into F2 territory (tribes, drugs and slavery).
It would be interesting to see the Fallout universe from the point of view of another country.

No it wouldn't. The whole humour, atmosphere and general popular cultural tongue-in-cheek commentary that it has going on for it would fall flat on its face. I enjoy sci-fi as much as the next guy, but the thing that made Fallout (1, 2 and NV) stand out was shit like that. I will never forget the first time I had 'slaver' tattoed on my forehead, or the time I fought Evander Hollifield in New Reno....Ahhh good times....

Yeah if at all, I would definitely prefer a more raw approach like F2 had it. With unique distinct tribes / groups, interesting stories. And lots of shizzle to explore and do. (btw, I know people didn't like fallout 3 much, but I *LOVED* just exploring randomly in that game. I would set out in a direction and enter everything I found. This was a lot of fun. And I added tons of mods to find more stuff, to have better rewards, more loot and more to explore. Fallout 3 was awesome in another way that Fallout 2 was awesome. Both games were really catering to entirely different styles of play.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
50. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 19:10 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on May 11, 2015, 19:04:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 11, 2015, 19:00:
Newt survived against 100's of em and a Queen for months.. so your argument has a hole.

Like I mentioned, make it better and expand. Hate to see them give up on this take. As for Newt's situation, their writing has holes in it!

I agree But all we would get if they continued Aliens Isolation is MORE of the same. And this gameplay overstayed its welcome in 1 game. It's not often I actually tire of gameplay in 1 game, especially since I actually like stealth games.

Well, imo.

I doubt they will even contemplate it. I would assume the license alone cost more than the game even made.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. May 11, 2015, 19:06 eRe4s3r

It's not just stale clichés, it's unproven bullshit. And as much as I like to rant on radical feminists, this article was neither written by one nor is it even about that.

Actually I am glad that article does something I wish all journalists would do. That is, to look at argumentation logically and deconstruct an argument to the core issue. And that core issue is that that professor apparently has a father complex. That's good for him, but doesn't do a damn thing to better society or even prove anything.

47. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 19:00 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on May 11, 2015, 18:40:
The game imo was a very realistic take on Aliens.

BN where we want realistic and not the same ole, right?

Aliens should kick our ass, unless your name is Sigorney Weaver, it isn't.

It was a perfect place to put in a Stealth/Survival game.

Even though it under-preformed, I hope it was still good enough for a follow up. Plenty of things to refine. I'd love to see this developed out.

Newt survived against 100's of em and a Queen for months.. so your argument has a hole. A giant plot hole at that. And I still think it would have been far more fun to play as Newt (or whatever, randomly generated midget) in a giant open world colony going through the "fall" and the "aftermath" until rescue arrives, without all that gun and explosion and android vs human vs other humans nonsense.

You could even make it a rogue light survival horror management game

And as added bonus, if you had a colony that defends against a dynamically generated Alien attack, you could also reverse the tables, and have the player play an Alien.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. May 11, 2015, 18:50 eRe4s3r

Who is "we", and does "we" include any men or only feminists? ^^

Ps.: Old? Pah ;p

40. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 17:38 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:44:
Verno wrote on May 11, 2015, 09:37:
It was a pretty good stealth game but it definitely overstays its welcome. I don't think many gamers really want a stealth game set in the Alien universe either, they want the chest pounding colonial marine type stuff.

Yep. I fall squarely in that camp. Or at least gimme a stealth game where I can actually do the stealth stuff on my own terms instead of following some predetermined path that I fail everytime, unless I follow it to the T.

And this is why I actually liked Splinter Cell (the original, and the 2nd one) more than Aliens Isolation. Sneaking is nice.. if it's an OPTION. Sneaking is even better when it is empowering. But sneaking to hide because detection means RELOAD on a save station 10 minutes ago got old very fast.

In the end the Alien in Alien Isolation despite it being relatively intelligent mainly because of randomness falls short of being an actual interesting because guileful and smart acting enemy that ALSO has a failure state itself. And without those things, the Alien is nothing but a random failure state that you can annoy and distract. It.. I don't know how to describe that, it feels like you are not really playing against an Alien but a scripted god-mode cheater.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 11, 2015, 17:18 eRe4s3r

That's actually awesome.. if only to piss of feminists.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
15. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 11, 2015, 09:49 eRe4s3r

MindStalker3 wrote on May 11, 2015, 08:29:
NewMaxx wrote on May 10, 2015, 14:42:
For those curious on here about how long SSDs retain data without power in the "consumer" situation, it's over a year. As a side note it is a good policy to clone and re-apply an image of any SSD drives once a year.

PDF
Page 27
Consumer SSDs lose data in a week at 55C (131F) temperature. Commercial SSDs can lose date in a week at as little as 40C (104F).

55°C is not exactly normal when a SSD is powered off ;p According to these stats the time errors *begin* appearing is about 4 weeks with continous power off and over a year before a threshold is crossed into data loss as opposed to correctable errors.

And who has a SSD powered off for a year? ^^

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
3. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 09:44 eRe4s3r

I wonder what they will do with F4, hopefully a (drastic) change of scenery! Or putting it back into F2 territory (tribes, drugs and slavery).  

4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 10, 2015, 19:32 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on May 10, 2015, 18:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 10, 2015, 17:33:
That MS news is pretty interesting.. last stand alone Windows OS release.. so I guess Windows 10 update is not exactly optional either. Fine by me considering the price seems fair (for once).

It's not the last stand alone OS, they're just not going to stamp version numbers to the end. Might as well just call it Windows X.

Instead of releasing an entirely new and different version of its desktop OS every few years, Microsoft is taking an Apple-like approach to subsequent Windows releases, standardizing on Windows 10 as its Cupertino-based rival has done with OS X. Under this new strategy, Microsoft will deliver regular improvements to Windows through software updates.

When it's an update to Windows 10 it's not standalone from Windows 10. Meaning the base of Windows 10 will always be required (even if you can install an updated version of Windows 10, at the basic level that's Windows 10 revision 6 or whatever, meaning Windows 10 base and 6th revision of update on top. This is a major change of new Windows versions to simple bigger updates to Windows 10 imo.

Not sure that's a good thing or not. But at least it will mean Windows application compatibility will remain stable for a few decades again.

2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 10, 2015, 17:33 eRe4s3r

That MS news is pretty interesting.. last stand alone Windows OS release.. so I guess Windows 10 update is not exactly optional either. Fine by me considering the price seems fair (for once).  

News Comments > All Future Battlefield 4 Content Free
17. Re: All Future Battlefield 4 Content Free May 10, 2015, 09:48 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on May 9, 2015, 17:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 9, 2015, 14:14:
As long as EA releases games with a season pass I will bitch about it

pretty sure they also sell them a-la carte. you just save like ten bucks for buying all of them. that's all "premium" is, it's a $10 savings. don't spend it all in one place.

Yeah but thing is.. those DLC are not expansive enough to be worth 15€ imo... I got China Rising as a test, and was massively disappointed. (and nearly no server run this)

16. Re: All Future Battlefield 4 Content Free May 10, 2015, 04:18 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on May 9, 2015, 17:11:
D4rkKnight wrote on May 9, 2015, 15:10:
I can't even play this game, I bought just BF4 and whenever I tell it to join a match it pops up messages telling my to buy the DLC's. It seems that 90% of the matches require some DLC to join and they make sure I know that by wasting my time until I relent and pay them. That and trying to match up with a friend of mine is a pain in the ass through Origin. I just gave up trying and moved on to other games.

pretty sure all servers have the little icons of the various expansions next to them, showing which expansion maps are on their playlist. just don't play servers with expansion icons you don't own. just for clarity i'm talking about the server browser using battlelog.

the moar u kno

Yeah but only if the servers don't have a map change script (votes, mode-change) since server instance gets reset each map-change, you never know what is in rotation. And so they don't display any icons except for whatever the official map rotation has in it (but these servers can freely override that).

6. Re: All Future Battlefield 4 Content Free May 9, 2015, 15:23 eRe4s3r

Filter DLC out you don't have and pray the server ain't running some custom map rotation script  

8155 Comments. 408 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo