Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7426 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Scrolls Launch Today
30. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 14:58 eRe4s3r

MindStalker3 wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 14:37:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 13:09:
Orogogus wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 12:14:
Jivaro wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:35:
Orogogus wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:14:
Anyway I just jumped the shark...
You... what?

Google or Youtube search "happy days Fonzi jumped the shark" and watch the video that comes up.

All will become clear.

I know what the term means. It's not clear to me if eraser does, at least I can't figure out how to fit it in the context.

It means to take a risk in the context By buying a game barely anyone played yet.

And I am enjoying it greatly. ^^

And here I thought it was because you said there was no way you were buying it due to its in-game credit card processing. Then buying it.

Well as I posted, there is a way to buy from the website via paypal and many other payment options, just not in-game. Very confusing.. but in-game chat informed me

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 13:09 eRe4s3r

Orogogus wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 12:14:
Jivaro wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:35:
You... what?

Google or Youtube search "happy days Fonzi jumped the shark" and watch the video that comes up.

All will become clear.

I know what the term means. It's not clear to me if eraser does, at least I can't figure out how to fit it in the context.

It means to take a risk in the context By buying a game barely anyone played yet.

And I am enjoying it greatly. ^^

20. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 11:29 eRe4s3r

You... what?

Sharks! With laser beams!

Anyway, I am enjoying this WAY friggin more than hearthstone

17. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 11:12 eRe4s3r

Anyway I just jumped the shark.. 4 is dirt cheap.. and in-game gold earning is fast and easy  

12. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 10:44 eRe4s3r

So this is game is utter fail.. why? Because only payment option is INGAME with a credit card.. HAHAHAAHAHA

It would be bad enough as it is, but there is no way I am buying something by entering my card info in a blackbox within a game.. not haver Sony just got completely pwned. (And I don't have a "US credit card" ;p)

Ps.:

Ah.. in-game chat is helpful
https://account.mojang.com/buy/scrolls?agent=scrolls

A link you won't find on the actual website

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2014, 10:50.

3. Re: Scrolls Launch Today Dec 11, 2014, 09:31 eRe4s3r

So.. trial is available.. but this costs 5$ and.. has micro-payments? Or doesn't it? Seriously I heard nothing about this since it's announcement...

Trying the Trial ;p Am seriously pissed off about Hearthstone match-making lately.. so this is welcome we'll see if it's fun or not.. but without a Steam version there is no chance I will buy this.

Ps.: I can't even find where you COULD buy it...

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2014, 09:38.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Trailer
1. Re: Cities: Skylines Trailer Dec 11, 2014, 07:04 eRe4s3r

Doesn't look much different from Cities XL... and again a trailer that shows nothing about gameplay.. which usually means there is none  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 11, 2014, 05:09 eRe4s3r

Sony doing what Sony does best. Being an ass.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Elegy for a Dead World
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Elegy for a Dead World Dec 11, 2014, 05:06 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 00:31:
Someone get this and let us know how it is.

Can you even call this a game? Seems more like a .. story.. telling.. tool. Where you tell the story along certain pieces of information you are given and graphical references. Interesting maybe, but is it fun? Maybe to aspiring writers?

Not something I'd wanna play to have fun.

News Comments > More BF4 DLC Planned
16. Re: More BF4 DLC Planned Dec 11, 2014, 03:52 eRe4s3r

Yeah previously (as in, before they fucked it all up with 5 dlc's) I could scroll down to "load" more servers and find near infinite amounts.. but it's literally not even populating to the bottom of the frame anymore. I can't scroll with no frame O.O

And the servers I have faved have switching vote based game-modes (hence that odd mode selection). I think the server browser is pretty dang horrible too, but it's a different issue imo when theres only 9 classic mode servers... because that a server can't switch without rebooting

EA managed to fracture the community so vastly that no single "fun" game-mode is really popular anymore. And with really I mean 200+ servers decent servers. That *was* the situation on release of BF4.

It makes me really sad because I want to play CTF in CLASSIC and find no servers.

When it comes down to it, this is why I stopped playing BF4.. all the netcode bullshit aside, like rockets flying THROUGH tanks when they sit just outside the border of your high reaction bubble. But of those 9 servers literally none have the maps running I want to play. I have to hope rotation or votes bring me to them.. meh

14. Re: More BF4 DLC Planned Dec 10, 2014, 16:18 eRe4s3r

Dacron wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 14:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 01:24:
Yeah right.. Last played BF4.. 3 months ago ;p

I learned my lessons from BF3, never again Premium. This trickle down DLC crap fragments the community and is altogether a giant heap of crap.

Good luck finding a server nowadays that plays the map you like. Because all you get is a "ALL DLC" server or a single DLC server for China rising, and with luck 1 or 2 servers for Strike of Karkand.

With every DLC, I want to play BF4 *less*

I see plenty of non-DLC 64 player servers (nearly full), and plenty with all DLC with the same player counts.

For DLC specific China Rising is popular, but the top 13 populated servers for me 11 have all dlc or no dlc at all, while 2 are DLC specific (China Rising)

I'm mainly looking at 64 player servers tho.

I have a set of filters active like this (remember, Germany, Region Europe max ping 100)

BF4 all maps
China Rising all maps
2nd Assault all maps
Excluded: All other DLC's

Modes: I want these
ctf
conquest
conquest large
domination
obliteration
rush
squad dm
team dm

All game sizes (literally, all)

and I find 9 servers for classic preset with people, (not full, not empty)

10pm in Germany.

1 !!! China Rising
0 !!! 2nd assault
8 !!! BF4 normal map modes

Zero CTF
Zero dom/obl

Yeah, those 9 servers are alive and well, but none play the mode nor map I want. And that's when I close BF4 and never come back. because this is literally how every single time I want to play looks in the server browser. I can count the servers I have faved on 1 hand, and that are not ALL DLC servers (I absolutely HATE Naval Assault and ANY water map ;p)

So the community is fractured, and for European region at least the server situation is abysmal.

4 servers there have ping below 20 (what I consider playable with this piece of crap netcode)
2 have ping around 50 (barely acceptable)
3 have ping beyond 90 (forget it)

So I can choose a whopping 6 servers 1 china rising, 0 2nd assault in classic mode (The only mode that's worth to be played)

I haven't seen official EA servers in years.

Before China rising, that server list had 300+ servers.
Now I am lucky to find a few good ones. And forget it if you want second assault or a specific china rising map.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2014, 16:25.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Mad Max Fury Road Dec 10, 2014, 15:07 eRe4s3r

Krovven wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 13:58:
I'll just drop this here... Mad Max Fury Road trailer

Looks so badass!

I agreez!

News Comments > Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week
4. Re: Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week Dec 10, 2014, 09:39 eRe4s3r

InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:29:
Not for me, but if you are a commercial plane fan/virtual pilot, there isnt anything else. With all sorts of nice flashy (payware) addons and mods it looks nice too.

I still prefer to launch live ordnance against other aeroplanes, (and I also dig the much better flight models) so Im sticking to DCS for now

FSX is decent.. yes.. I meant a Microsoft Studios game on Steam.. that is world ending Hell haz frozen over!

News Comments > Dying Light Opening Cinematic
7. Re: Dying Light Opening Cinematic Dec 10, 2014, 09:19 eRe4s3r

Wildone wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:07:
Lets see you do better!!!! Oh wait...

I see you need yet more hugs

News Comments > Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week
1. Re: Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week Dec 10, 2014, 09:18 eRe4s3r

The world is ending...  

News Comments > Dying Light Opening Cinematic
4. Re: Dying Light Opening Cinematic Dec 10, 2014, 03:47 eRe4s3r

The interns must have had a field day with this No way this is something professionals produced and think "Yeah, that's going to draw people in to play our game!!!!!"

That feels more like the intro to some 1984 text adventure.

9. Re: More BF4 DLC Planned Dec 10, 2014, 01:24 eRe4s3r

Yeah right.. Last played BF4.. 3 months ago ;p

I learned my lessons from BF3, never again Premium. This trickle down DLC crap fragments the community and is altogether a giant heap of crap.

Good luck finding a server nowadays that plays the map you like. Because all you get is a "ALL DLC" server or a single DLC server for China rising, and with luck 1 or 2 servers for Strike of Karkand.

With every DLC, I want to play BF4 *less*

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
45. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 9, 2014, 15:13 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 13:11:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 12:32:
Quinn wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 03:10:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 02:34:
Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 00:36:
It's sad news, obviously, but I want them to take their time. I want Witcher 3 to be awesome, and if that takes twelve more weeks, it takes twelve more weeks. I'd have more time to play it in May/June anyway.

(Of course, it's also possible they saw DA:I and looked at their own graphics, and realized their claim that it'd be the best looking RPG ever was under fire. )
Really man? DA:I's graphics are in some cases worse then the alpha release graphics that were showcased over a year and a half ago. Don't even get me started on the plastic models that are used for the medium settings on the graphics option. Ugh.

Those plastic models -- mostly for full-plated armors -- are still there on Ultra, mate. When I look at my character with his full Orlesian Lion (or something) armor, it keeps reminding me of this plastic, silver looking shield I had when I was 8..

Good.. because I thought I was the only one who noticed that

Do you guys mean the sparkly shit that's stuck to all metal objects? I think it's the HBAO that's causing that. I haven't actually fiddled around to find it yet, but I don't think it's inherent to the textures. It definitely seems to be some kind of post-processing effect.

Oh it's definitely some sort of post effect, but I don't think it goes away with a setting we can set... at least not on Ultra or High... ,p

Ps.: And yeah, wtf is up with the hair when it's not maxed mesh detail you'd think HAIR would be an area where you can't make a lot of quality compromises.. but setting that to medium nearly gave me a laughing fit...

And I had also some really funny disappearing meshes issues in skyhold, especially when you get your "deco" ;p Like floating stuff, entire market stands invisible (but still for some reason able to activate) and stuff like that... I think I broke the game later on by doing some.. random crap ;p

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
40. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 9, 2014, 12:32 eRe4s3r

Quinn wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 03:10:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 02:34:
Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 00:36:
It's sad news, obviously, but I want them to take their time. I want Witcher 3 to be awesome, and if that takes twelve more weeks, it takes twelve more weeks. I'd have more time to play it in May/June anyway.

(Of course, it's also possible they saw DA:I and looked at their own graphics, and realized their claim that it'd be the best looking RPG ever was under fire. )
Really man? DA:I's graphics are in some cases worse then the alpha release graphics that were showcased over a year and a half ago. Don't even get me started on the plastic models that are used for the medium settings on the graphics option. Ugh.

Those plastic models -- mostly for full-plated armors -- are still there on Ultra, mate. When I look at my character with his full Orlesian Lion (or something) armor, it keeps reminding me of this plastic, silver looking shield I had when I was 8..

Good.. because I thought I was the only one who noticed that

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
28. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 12:10 eRe4s3r

Wildone wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 12:07:
wow URRRRR very very special!!! How precious.

Thanks, do you want a hug?

7426 Comments. 372 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo