Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7290 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Android PC RPG Emulator
8. Re: Android PC RPG Emulator Nov 11, 2014, 22:37 eRe4s3r

Draugr wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 20:42:
Magic Dosbox seems to be a pretty good compared to the rest when it comes to dos emulators on android.

Interesting btw.. Gonna try that out

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > System Shock 2 Community Patch
15. Re: System Shock 2 Community Patch Nov 11, 2014, 19:22 eRe4s3r

So does this and (the "Dark" patch) work with the GOG version?  

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Next Month
12. Re: Game Awards 2014 Next Month Nov 11, 2014, 19:16 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 09:11:
I don't think anyone is enough of a fucking tool to award Destiny with anything besides Most Disappointing Game of the Year.

You know it will get 3+ awards This isn't a games award show, this is a publishers patting each other on the backs show.

News Comments > Android PC RPG Emulator
6. Re: Android PC RPG Emulator Nov 11, 2014, 19:13 eRe4s3r

walrus1 wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 15:13:
I'd be kinda surprised if there aren't any free good emulators floating about. Heaven knows there are some really good free GBA and SNES on the Play Store. I know the PC requirements are probably higher but surely someone has a free one.

Yeah but if you ever tried dosbox for android you know why this offering might have some reason of existence ,) That said, they don't say how it works, so I am guessing it's a dos-box clone with new control system. (Which IS a real issue when you use dosbox, it's support for touch surfaces is abysmal)

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Drivers
4. Re: AMD Catalyst Beta Drivers Nov 11, 2014, 07:51 eRe4s3r

unsupported support ... haha

And AMD is wondering why everyone bashes it for it's shitty driver.. ehm.. non-support?

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Next Month
10. Re: Game Awards 2014 Next Month Nov 11, 2014, 07:37 eRe4s3r

The Dorito Pope presenting an awards show.. yay

That said, we already know the winners, no? Destiny, COD AW and GTA V... besides that a bunch of console crap surely.

Especially if the panel is manned by publishers.. because they know what a good game is, right? Right!!!? lmao

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 20:18 eRe4s3r

You should make this stuff part of the top bar, remove the Mobile/PDA RSS and twitter text in the top (only leave ICONS for RSS and Twitter) - move Send news/Read This/ FAQ to the left, and add the 4 referral links so we can easily support you. I will use amazon.de referral link whenever I buy something ;p

But having this part of OOTB is not a good solution, in 2 days this is buried.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk
15. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Patch & Dedicated Server Talk Nov 9, 2014, 23:04 eRe4s3r

That PR line about dedicated servers is the most hilarious bullshit I read this week. They either don't know what dedicated servers are or they seriously want to redefine what the community is ACTUALLY asking for and thus backhand say "There will never be proper dedicated servers"

Sigh ,(

26. Re: Why Sand Is Disappearing Nov 7, 2014, 22:01 eRe4s3r

To someone that lives in a country in Germany where large part of the top soil is SAND this is an hilarious headline ^^ But scientifically it is probably correct, lots more coastal storms and massive need for concrete deplete local resources very quickly. It's just one more problem humans cause, because concrete...

I'd much prefer clay-bricks but nobody builds with them anymore, they are only used as "external cover". Everything is steel reinforced concrete, steel or glass here. So doesn't really surprise me...

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2014, 21:55 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 10:15:
People are just fucking rude.

No, people are stupid. You wouldn't believe how many older people have absolutely zero clue how to even use a phone properly. They will not use the phone book, happily type numbers every single time, they don't know how to make voice louder or less loud, they don't know how silent mode works or what airplane mode is.

You could argue "well somebody has to show them" but I showed people how to do any of that dozens of times, and a few months later they will have forgotten and ask you again.

It's a curse, and don't tell me old people can't learn, of course they CAN. Some simply decide not to.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
32. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 23:42 eRe4s3r

Sneakycamper wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 21:53:
Yes My Great GREAT GREAT Grand Kids will Inherit My Star Citizen Account and This is after we Spent all the College Fund on SuperMega StarShips. You get a Space Trojan Condoms and that should Keep Space Herpes away too <-- Movie called Galaxina 80's flick with pet of the Month hehe They stole the God "Har Ley David Son" LOL at that !!

Galaxina you say, 80ies you say? Copyright expired I say
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLn3y4GMCBA

(or more likely, everyone too ashamed to publicly admit they made this ;p

News Comments > Star Citizen at $60M
20. Re: Star Citizen at $60M Nov 6, 2014, 21:45 eRe4s3r

I pledged 60$ at the start during actual funding phase and that's exactly as much as I am ever going to spend on this ... yay me

It's quite nice that others throw money at this, maybe with 100 million it will be the first crowd funded space game to rule them all for eternity. Or it will be the biggest failure ever made and kill crowd-funding for an entire generation.

But FYI, All I care about is the offline sandbox. Maybe with story, and with modability.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions
2. Re: Elite: Dangerous VR Impressions Nov 6, 2014, 16:47 eRe4s3r

Atomic wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:37:
Sounds like VR has found it's "killer app". I've never been real thrilled about using VR with an FPS, but this sounds pretty exciting.

Can't wait CV1 where are you

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans
23. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans Nov 6, 2014, 15:49 eRe4s3r

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 09:00:
Anyway, editing the cfg to only have it check for games with ping below 100 fixed the random high lag matches (it allows for pings up to 800 !!!! by default)

Link?

Better than link

Go to Steam\SteamApps\common\Call of Duty Advanced Warfare\players2

open up config_mp.cfg
look for seta cl_maxPing "800"
and change it to seta cl_maxPing "100"

Then make that file read-only so stupid cod-aw doesn't change it back. And tadaa.. your first game will always end up on a 100ms ping or better connection. But remember that other people can still lag like shit. So ymmv

News Comments > Evening Previews
5. Re: Evening Previews Nov 6, 2014, 04:42 eRe4s3r

Bit Shifter demo only via Desura ;/ What a waste of my time I thought...

But then...
http://www.desura.com/games/bitshifter/download/6809

Might be worth something to someone.. who is lazy like me, and just wants to try it. But couldn't find a link anywhere quickly ,p

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 6, 2014, 03:57 eRe4s3r

Might be for the better that Desura goes to someone that actually gives a shit about it. Linden Labs has literally done nothing with the platform.  

20. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans Nov 6, 2014, 01:38 eRe4s3r

Brumbek wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 19:16:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 19:05:
Yep, if by skill you mean "hosting the game" .. because that's the fucking "win" button....
Oh yeah? How many hours have you played the game? Did you not win matches where you weren't the host?

Sorry to call you out again...but I highly doubt you have actual experience with losing because you weren't the host in Advanced Warfare. It just isn't a big deal right now with 20k+ players. It is incredibly easy to get into games where you have less than 100 ping and no packet loss. No excuses.

I am rank 28 whatever that means, and I played about 100 rounds now. At least I think that's how many, I don't see where it tracks that.

Of those I hosted 12 rounds, of those 12 I was always first or second in list with a KD above 2.0 The other games constantly lower KD's, hilarious melee situations (ie, enemy is far away yet I die from melee) etc. pp.

There is skill involved in some levels and game modes sure, and the movement is fun. But it's laggy as shit. Anyway, editing the cfg to only have it check for games with ping below 100 fixed the random high lag matches (it allows for pings up to 800 !!!! by default)

Since I modified that cfg I had some very fun matches... but the fact remains, the netcode is shit. Game needs dedicated servers or it'll have zero future. Which would be a shame because the double jumping strafing is fun.

But who the hell thought it a good idea to implement PRONE in a fast paced mobility based game like this.... sigh

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Nov 6, 2014, 01:34 eRe4s3r

One of the rare Kickstarters where the money they ask for is not for the actual game, but for the software licenses, marketing and website hosting costs.

It's too bad it's for a really boring game Because this is what KS should really be about. Kickstarting aka "Angel Investing in" the development of a game.

16. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans Nov 5, 2014, 19:05 eRe4s3r

Brumbek wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 13:44:
So yeah, huge credit to Sledgehammer. If you want a very fast, very skillful FPS, I'm declaring AW as king. And please, before you hate, actually play the MP for yourself for at least an hour.

Yep, if by skill you mean "hosting the game" .. because that's the fucking "win" button....

8. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Polish Plans Nov 5, 2014, 13:00 eRe4s3r

0) Dedicated servers

?

7290 Comments. 365 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo