Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 9258 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > New HotS Cheat? MMR Reset Possible
2. Re: New HotS Cheat? MMR Reset Possible Oct 13, 2015, 09:37 eRe4s3r

Yeah.. same here.

And for the record, this is by for not the only "cheat" problem in this game. I've seen FLOATING characters that literally floated over the entire map from the spawn, to the point where they died. I have seen players that caused lag whenever they were on-screen. And that's just the 2 things I want to type out right now.. ~.~ So much bullshit cheating that is not prevented in this game. Not to mention that you could be "shout" spammed from OUTSIDE OF CHAT but INSIDE THE GAME while PLAYING A MATCH which could block nearly 20% of your screen estate.

Sigh

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
21. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 12, 2015, 07:30 eRe4s3r

yuastnav wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 06:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 20:43:
PHJF wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 19:55:
what the distance to the sun is

I know this one!

1 AU!

Mhhhh if anything the whole nonsense about AU and what the actual distance is just further proves why digital memory beats meat-brains. Hehe

1 AU is the actual distance.

1 AU is a defined constant distance, yes. But unlike this constant, the actual distance to the sun varies quite drastically, by a few million KM even.

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
63. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 21:14 eRe4s3r

SQ42 is the last quarter of the vid And imo it's pretty impressive. Essentially fps Mass Effect. But I have the looming feeling walking around the ship is gonna get old VERY fast. It was already a huge shitty annoyance in X-Rebirth to walk around everywhere... later on they added quick-menus for everything.

Not a fan of that walking animation either. (first person)

Aside that, the Alpha 0.2.0.0 reminded me of X³ and now I want to play that again with a shit-ton of mods.

The facial animations remind me of Until Dawn and they don't look any less glitchy here...

18. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 11, 2015, 20:48 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 18:08:
yeah, that's not the case at all, but i don't think i'm going to convince you to see the light.

"digital memory" isn't the same as "meat memory", they're not interchangeable, in fact they're 2 totally different things.

Books have been around for thousands of years, just because I can access a piece of information doesn't mean i REMEMBER IT.

No one is claiming that because they have access to the internet, they REMEMBER ALL KNOWLEDGE AVAILABLE ONLINE.

memory is what you remember, how hard is that to understand? when you close your eyes and go UUHHHHH, UMMM, IT WAS... APPLES! that's your memory working.

information has been stored in print, and on clay tablets, and in oral tradition way before the internet, but i've NEVER heard anyone claiming that just because they could read, that they REMEMBERED ALL KNOWLEDGE in the local library that they haven't read yet.

I can't get a RAM upgrade in my brain to help me REMEMBER anything.

being able to SOURCE information that's new to you, and being able to REMEMBER information you've already gained are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT PROCESSES.

how are you not getting that? not trying to be a dick, just very puzzled.

We just seem to have a funny misunderstanding

I don't dispute what you say regarding gaining and accessing knowledge from books/Internet etc. and that that isn't the same as "memory" that you remember, but I do think that us being able to outsource optional memory (aka, phone numbers, useless facts, historical data, detailed memory images of a scene, statistics) to digital memory that we access when we need it allows us to free up more space in our meat-brain to store and access more to us personally relevant information. This in turn must automatically increase our available knowledge (or at least the potential for it). The study says that we don't memorize things we offload into digital memory, and I say that is not a relevant part of the point they tried to make. Them being on digital memory (or analogue photographs even) offloads x% of the memory in digital space but not everything, the relevant piece, the connection be it emotionally or otherwise is retained in your brain as a synaptic connection. So you can not recall the image in your brain, but once you see it, the connection is re-established.

So yes, you are right, obviously we can't offload everything to digital memory, but we can offload enough to make room in the brain for more important (to us) information.

And since I replied to someone saying his memory got worse (but I think that's due to age ,p) while his knowledge increased is exactly what the article didn't understand. Just because you put something in digital storage doesn't mean you forget it entirely. The fact that you REMEMBER where you put it makes it so that you can access this information at any point in time, assuming you keep order in your files And then that, by logical conclusion, is part of your memory. Incomplete by itself, but complete memory when digital and meat-brain combine. And I don't think us not being able to remember phone numbers anymore is a bad thing.... we have devices for that. Heck if there are complicated patterns of numbers I have to remember, I make a photo with my tablet. That's not the same as memory but I can recall this whenever I need it. Is that better or worse than memorizing it in the brain?

Am I making sense? If not then I chalk it up to English being my 2nd language... It's perfectly possible that due me growing up in the digital age more or less, my definition of memory and knowledge is a bit muddled.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2015, 21:16.

15. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 11, 2015, 07:15 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 06:57:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 22:52:
Slick wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 21:33:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 19:37:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 17:15:
Yeah my memory is definitely worse. On the other hand i f3el much more knowledgeable.

The study is not really relevant though, you can remember WAY more things than any normal human could 100 years ago, exactly BECAUSE you can depend on a digital memory, something people couldn't do 100 years ago, and thus you are more knowledgeable by definition. Who the hell has to know the last 20 presidents, the recipe for Eisbein, what the distance to the sun is, when Google can tell you with 1 search? Why would I have to know what the capital of Nigeria is, when Google knows this with 1 search? Fact is knowledge is defined by what knowledge you have access to, not what knowledge you can retain in meat-brain

Considering I am learning Japanese right now I find that meat-world memory of mine has tremendously improved because I can forget most unimportant things that have no relevance in my life but that I still have to remember every 5 weeks, thanks to digital memory, tablet and streaming. More space in brain for important stuff. yoroshiku onegai shimasu

I think you just made the point of the article...

"why do i need to remember X because google knows X"

your memory is what you can, you know, remember. without your cellphone... calling "digital memory" the same as "human memory" is ridiculous.

and 100 years ago, they didn't have libraries? human history is a product of being able to pass knowledge on from generation to generation through oral tradition, then written word. No one is claiming that just because I *could* read every book if i wanted to, that that's the same as being able to remember it

unless you're talking about FUTURE MEMORIES! BAM BAM BAAAAM

100 years ago global literacy rate was 21% though. Fact is knowledge has increased the past 100 years, and so has our immediate access to it. It's absurd to claim this is eroding OUR knowledge when in fact digital knowledge is extending our available access to knowledge as well as our ability to keep stuff in mind that is relevant to us only. The fault this article makes is assuming "stuff we have to know" = "stuff we want to know" when it's really not at all like that in reality.

In a digital society access to digital knowledge extends your knowledge. Just as you could google something to support your answer, as I did to check what global literacy rate was 1900. Do you claim that this is not "knowledge" ? Do you claim someone alive 1900 would know that knowledge?

dude, you've sidestepped the argument in the article to go on a rant about knowledge, and that it somehow equates to memory. it wasn't talking about knowledge, it's talking about human memory. you're the only one talking about knowledge.

read the article before ranting maybe?

That's fair enough, but to me memory is interchangeable with digital memory. Which is where you got confused in my rant. To me digital memory IS the same as meat-world memory. What difference is there? I look at stored picture = I see it again, I remember picture = I see it again. My point: There is no tangible difference between digital and meat world. In terms of memory, and in terms of knowledge

So I guess my rant was a bit weird to you But I meant that we have more memory available because we can relegate unimportant nonsense out of our meat-brain.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2015, 07:36.

13. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 11, 2015, 02:12 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 02:03:
yoroshiku onegai shimasu

nihongo no benkyou wo ganbatte kudasai

Trying But progress is painfully slow.

11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 10, 2015, 22:52 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 21:33:
Yeah my memory is definitely worse. On the other hand i f3el much more knowledgeable.

The study is not really relevant though, you can remember WAY more things than any normal human could 100 years ago, exactly BECAUSE you can depend on a digital memory, something people couldn't do 100 years ago, and thus you are more knowledgeable by definition. Who the hell has to know the last 20 presidents, the recipe for Eisbein, what the distance to the sun is, when Google can tell you with 1 search? Why would I have to know what the capital of Nigeria is, when Google knows this with 1 search? Fact is knowledge is defined by what knowledge you have access to, not what knowledge you can retain in meat-brain

Considering I am learning Japanese right now I find that meat-world memory of mine has tremendously improved because I can forget most unimportant things that have no relevance in my life but that I still have to remember every 5 weeks, thanks to digital memory, tablet and streaming. More space in brain for important stuff. yoroshiku onegai shimasu

I think you just made the point of the article...

"why do i need to remember X because google knows X"

your memory is what you can, you know, remember. without your cellphone... calling "digital memory" the same as "human memory" is ridiculous.

and 100 years ago, they didn't have libraries? human history is a product of being able to pass knowledge on from generation to generation through oral tradition, then written word. No one is claiming that just because I *could* read every book if i wanted to, that that's the same as being able to remember it

unless you're talking about FUTURE MEMORIES! BAM BAM BAAAAM

100 years ago global literacy rate was 21% though. Fact is knowledge has increased the past 100 years, and so has our immediate access to it. It's absurd to claim this is eroding OUR knowledge when in fact digital knowledge is extending our available access to knowledge as well as our ability to keep stuff in mind that is relevant to us only. The fault this article makes is assuming "stuff we have to know" = "stuff we want to know" when it's really not at all like that in reality.

In a digital society access to digital knowledge extends your knowledge. Just as you could google something to support your answer, as I did to check what global literacy rate was 1900. Do you claim that this is not "knowledge" ? Do you claim someone alive 1900 would know that knowledge?

9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 10, 2015, 20:43 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 19:55:
what the distance to the sun is

I know this one!

1 AU!

Mhhhh if anything the whole nonsense about AU and what the actual distance is just further proves why digital memory beats meat-brains. Hehe

7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 10, 2015, 19:37 eRe4s3r

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 10, 2015, 06:28 eRe4s3r

Illumin wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 03:58:
Elon Musk is such a fucking douche. I can't stand Apple but the more I read about Elon Musk the less I like. His comments are pretty entertaining, but he's still a douche.

It seems being a douche is required when you are filthy rich and leading a major corporation...

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Oct 10, 2015, 06:14 eRe4s3r

Dacron wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 03:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 20:34:
Honest question, but what games exactly is Valve currently even "making" ?

Well Source 2 has been confirmed (Source 2 accouncement) I'd imagine a new CS, Portal, Left for dead, team fortress, (maybe) ricochet won't be far after. Not touching any prediction of half life... fool me once valve.

There were also leaked screenshots (VR Source 2 screen) , and a plan screenshot confirming the new games being developed (plan).

*edit*

Here's also hoping to a new Day of Defeat. LOVED the original (2nd was good, not as great), and there is a severe lack if ww2 shooters at the moment, it would work well i think.

Speaking of Portal.. I have 2 "portal 2" uh.. gifts? What you call that, stuff you give people and they get the game on Steam.. anyone want them?

I mean guess at this point in time I might as well scream that into a forest and the trees reply "we already have Portal 2 ,p" but maybe 2 guys or gals here want Portal 2, and are not afraid to tell me their steam profile link or email address. First 2 that want it post here, and I will send it. (The gifts are still trade-locked, so no trades, I just do gifts, want nothing in return)

I know this is not a good way to share email addresses nor steam profiles but yeah..

Disclaimer: It will at the very least take 24 hours ^^

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2015, 06:29.

News Comments > Mordheim: City of the Damned Trailer
7. Re: Mordheim: City of the Damned Trailer Oct 10, 2015, 06:11 eRe4s3r

This narrator was just what I needed to sleep well Very soothing voice...  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Oct 9, 2015, 20:34 eRe4s3r

Honest question, but what games exactly is Valve currently even "making" ?  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 9, 2015, 07:43 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 19:50:
No it isn't.

“Because there are explosions that make you smile and then there are explosions that just make you feel good.”

Ehem

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Oct 9, 2015, 05:11 eRe4s3r

Kosumo wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 04:28:
Luke wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 03:42:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 9, 2015, 02:50:
While the twitlong post may not be illegal in the US, it's still an incredibly shitty move by DS to drag a young child into this and no amount of "but it's legal" is going to change the fact that he did drag a young child into this, linked clear name and picture.. WHY?

Someone name me 1 good reason why DS had to post a link an image and real name of CR's child in this crusade..... and insinuate at the very least her real life address.

Because I still fail to see what any of that has to do with Star Citizen

This is insofar an incredible state of things as the part where he gives ideas how to do Star Citizen better ( http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/10/star-citizen-the-endgame/#comment-2645 ) is mostly on point. For fucks sake, I agree with Derek Smart, but not on his weird definition of doxxing. If that was his child on that twitlong post it would be doxxing , we all know that

What's wrong with that , you all use faceshit , says yes to everything that sucks you dry of personal data running winspy 10 google whatapp and so on , your guru suckitberg says there is no privacy anymore..so go to the whinning wall and cry Book

I agree, while it's not cool to use children in a fight, it's also not cool (in my mind) to complain about people using data that you yourself have made public. While using children's data is on my scale a 8/10 bad, posting data of your children (I don't know about this context, don't really know about this claim) online in a public state is also not good (5/10).

People should be very aware that anything they put online, use a reward card, social media, ect is open to be used against your interest and you should really thing twice about it.

Discloser, over %90 of my online activity would be found here on Bluesnews, I trust Stephen Heaslip for some strange reason, I've been reading his site since the late 90's. Bluesnews Privacy Policy

Would those who have a problem with Derek's 'doxxing' of Chris and his wife, Sandi (whom Chris had nothing to say about until recently) and child, care as much and rant about it if there was no child involved, or is it just a convenit point to attack Derek with?

I don't think anyone other than the Roberts family posted that content on the internet.

To me, Chris was deciptive to shy away form fronting up earlier to that fact that Sandi is his wife, and this is what got people interested in finding out if it was true.

This only mattered due to her being the VP of marketing/co-creator (really?) for CIG/Star Citizen, a crowd funded project that was sold on being open and transprenat with the backers.

By the way, I think Derek can be a dick but that does not mean he is not right (or wrong, as he has been on this severaly times already). I like a good clown as much as the next guy.

Well, I don't go digging out your post history and post it elsewhere and expect the same from you in return. Simple good behavior between gentlemen. No? That DS doesn't know the concept is not new ,) And for me the battle line of acceptable criticism is drawn when small children were involved.

And just to clarify that, doxxing is when you use public and private information to attack a PERSON. Whether the info is findable on the web or not is completely irrelevant, the doxxing happens when you collect information to "create" connections between sources for others to see the full picture of a person, identity etc.. That CR was "less than intelligent" for allowing pictures of wife/child to be put online with clear-name is also bad. But I am not judging a parenting style here... to me DS lost any credibility he had, however little it was, when he posted that. A normal human being does not involve children in ego based dick fights. Because that's what it is at this point, and CR is just as bad as DS too. Can't believe Chris Roberts of all people got baited by the master troll. Does he.. not like.. uh.. know how the Internet works?

And to answer your question, if the child hadn't been involved I'd not give a single fuck.

Ps.: Luke? Don't post while high. ^^

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2015, 05:40.

News Comments > Op Ed
32. Re: Op Ed Oct 9, 2015, 02:50 eRe4s3r

While the twitlong post may not be illegal in the US, it's still an incredibly shitty move by DS to drag a young child into this and no amount of "but it's legal" is going to change the fact that he did drag a young child into this, linked clear name and picture.. WHY?

Someone name me 1 good reason why DS had to post a link an image and real name of CR's child in this crusade..... and insinuate at the very least her real life address.

Because I still fail to see what any of that has to do with Star Citizen

This is insofar an incredible state of things as the part where he gives ideas how to do Star Citizen better ( http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/10/star-citizen-the-endgame/#comment-2645 ) is mostly on point. For fucks sake, I agree with Derek Smart, but not on his weird definition of doxxing. If that was his child on that twitlong post it would be doxxing , we all know that

News Comments > Dungeons 2: A Game of Winter Next Week
4. Re: Dungeons 2: A Game of Winter Next Week Oct 8, 2015, 23:28 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 14:58:
Is the main game finished now?

No, it's still incredibly rough ;/

News Comments > Fallout 4 Specs
13. Re: Fallout 4 Specs Oct 8, 2015, 23:26 eRe4s3r

ItBurn wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 22:36:
I'm tempted to upgrade my vidya card. But I'm pretty sure I'll be able to run it close to max with my 670 regardless of the recommended. It's pretty much always the case.

Same here, and it's even more hilarious considering the insane (decent) prices some AMD GPU's with great performance sell currently. But my 670GTX trucks on and on...

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
28. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 8, 2015, 23:24 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 20:13:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 19:23:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 18:53:
Yep. It's garbage but there are a couple of positives:

- The original Star Wars sound effects & music
- The (mostly) accurate art assets. That snowspeeder in the rebel hangar is very nicely done. Maybe a bit too small(?). And the AT-ATs seem to be a little too tall but the detail is pretty amazing.

Someone needs to take these assets and make an actual good game from it all. Jedi Knight IV or KotOR III minus the "OR", please (i.e. no Old Republic but a RPG set between Episode III and IV or between VI and VII would be cool with these assets).

I would take BF2 game play with this engine and these assets.

i really don't know what's worse...

BF2's awful RNG cone-of-fire nonsense, or SWB's perfect accuracy while strafing from the hip at 300m

Both

Played it, 16 player mode is literally total garbage, no auto team balance, no team selection, no squad selection.. nothing. Just a COD clone really.

The 40 player mode.. well yeah, awesome star wars feeling but laser accurate weapons on wide field do not mix. Maybe this is hands down the worst map they could have reproduced in a SHOOTER. Also 3rd person mode is still a cheat...

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins
27. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Begins Oct 8, 2015, 23:22 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 18:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 8, 2015, 18:09:
There is literally not way to have HOTAS equipment and keyboard/mouse comfortable arranged in front of you given the difference in height.

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

I know about that but it would be a huge reduction in comfort not to have a giant desk Not to mention the absurd price....

9258 Comments. 463 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo