Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8714 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Kerbal Space Program confirmed for PlayStation 4 Jun 18, 2015, 03:02 eRe4s3r

I had to run ActiveTexture at Aggressive to even start KSP without a crash with my base mod set, which is 40% of what I ran with 1.0 ;/

I dunno what else they did but I have had a ton of crashes ever since 1.0.1/1.0.2 :/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 18, 2015, 02:37 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 22:19:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 21:51:
Drone pilots are officers and still have to go through pilot training. Must suck to think you're gonna be living "Top Gun" only to find yourself a bit part on "Office Space."

the days of Top Gun are fucking over dude... totally over

The days of Top Gun were already over when Top Gun was a thing

And considering the US is illegally murdering people with drones from Ramstein, which is in my country... I am all for this shit to stop. War on terror failed

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Jun 17, 2015, 15:14 eRe4s3r

Considering the AI in these games I am thankful the relevant companions and important NPC's are immortal.

If you are bored, play Fallout NV and take any companion through a minefield, good luck ^^ And I don't mean that jokingly, chances are you will die because of the retarded AI triggering all mines, a car nuclear explosion followed by a mini-nuke that rolled down a hill or something.

As long as AI is as bad as it is, and let's face it.. it will be bad in Fallout 4, there is no way that vast world can have any other thing than a braindead AI that gets stuck on things trips over mines and stumbles into tripwires.

Fact is that immortal companions improves Fallout 3 immensely, the game would be unplayable otherwise (with companions, anyway) as you can't even tell where they are or what they shoot at half the time.

You know what mortal companions makes me do? It makes me not take any companions with me, because I sure as hell can survive better without anyone triggering a random mine behind me that I already snuck around but at least when they immortal, they can trigger them and thus do SOMETHING useful with their useless existence. Although I have to be fair, some of the modded companions for NV are actually very useful in combat...

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2015, 15:26.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Preorders
11. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of the Storm Preorders Jun 17, 2015, 13:07 eRe4s3r

It's actually Heart of Thorns Blues is testing our media competence it seems.  

News Comments > Take on Mars Beta This Summer
5. Re: Take on Mars Beta This Summer Jun 17, 2015, 11:35 eRe4s3r

Whiskers wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 11:26:
It's Bohemia Interactive, what did you expect? They still can't make vehicles handle realistically in Arma and continue to have some of the most awkward player movement and interaction mechanics from 2000.

Well I at least expected that Mars looks and feels like.. Mars ;p If I wanted fantasy planets, I would (and do) play KSP.. but for this I really had hoped Bohemia would put some effort into it to make it scientifically accurate (with some game concessions)

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
23. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 17, 2015, 11:19 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 09:37:
Verno wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 09:27:
yuastnav wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 08:09:
Ok. So what do you actually DO in this game?

Indeed. I'm tired of seeing the same 5 minutes retread. Show us some uninterrupted gameplay of what people will actually be doing.
I am thinking there isn't much to do other than fly around, pew pew here pew pew there and oh look a different looking planet! Yeey!

So it will be the Spore space part, except in first person? Because I won't lie.. that was the vibe I was getting from this video.. and it made me remember truly horrible memories...

News Comments > Take on Mars Beta This Summer
3. Re: Take on Mars Beta This Summer Jun 17, 2015, 11:04 eRe4s3r

This game remains one of the worst purchases I ever made ;/ Boring and unrealistic sums it up.

The game simulates absolutely NOTHING advanced when it comes to physics. If you enjoy driving over flat textured Mars or moon with unrealistic ground behavior and rock formations that can never exist that way... and explore via gadgets, and build some superficial structures on disconnected 2km*2km locations with unrealistic rock and bad map design and even more unrealistic geological features.... this is the game you want. If you want to do anything else in a game.. this isn't the game for you.

And let me repeat that, this game has NO advanced physics. The trailer lies. They don't even simulate heat in the interior of your rover, not even inside the buildings. They don't simulate that solar panels get dusty and that wind can actually blow the dust off. They don't simulate radioactivity / shielding at all (normally causes electric misfire in integrated circuits during high sun-activity, which leads to reboots and memory errors)

I had such high hopes that this would be a HARDCORE scientifically accurate simulation. But it's not. With the latest update it becomes, essentially, a gimped minecraft in space and on a few planetary very limited locations. And it has a horrible engine to top it all off... these assets look like shit because the engine can't handle anything. It's already running at it's teeth just with the Early Access Alpha content. And the performance is abysmal.

Sigh

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2015, 10:32 eRe4s3r

That KSP news is not making me happy ;/

Current game state is abysmal.

They should fix the bugs of the release version first before peddling YET another version they can't support properly.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed
13. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed Jun 17, 2015, 02:32 eRe4s3r

I am not sure this qualifies as a "gameplay" trailer... unless we call "moving around" gameplay.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 in December
17. Re: Just Cause 3 in December Jun 16, 2015, 23:38 eRe4s3r

I like it You don't play this game for story or MP, you play it to blow stuff up, restart the game, and blow it up again differently.  

News Comments > EITR Announced
5. Re: EITR Announced Jun 16, 2015, 13:18 eRe4s3r

As far as faux sprite graphics styles go.. this one looks pretty... cool. But whether the game is fun or not.. who knows.  

News Comments > The Division in March
25. Re: The Division in March Jun 16, 2015, 13:14 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 13:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 12:56:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 12:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 12:02:
They also blocked cross region trading and gifting on all game listings for Anno 2205
I though that was a Steam thing. Didn't they start region locking games a while back?

Steam itself? Only for Russia...

But Anno 2205 actually seems to be fully region locked (for trading/gifting). You can still trade/gift inside your region, but not with other regions.

Actually I do wonder if that means a key bought from Mexico wouldn't actually work for me in Germany? SteamDB doesn't explain that flag.
I am pretty sure when I was buying keys from GMG or other places I have to get NA or International versions of the games.
From GMG specifically I can not buy EU keys because they would not work with Steam.
It's been like that for a while now.
Here is a recent article about that: click me

Yeah I just read that same article heh.. oh well

In such cases I always buy uPlay games from MMOGA is a German site, but has the absolute best prices for uPlay titles I could ever find.

But that you can only buy the NA version is a GMG thing. Last I heard uPlay does not actually *support* region locking in that sense. But with steam key I really don't know. This stuff got really confusing

I want to say, I never actually bought a uPlay title the "proper" way, and same for Steam AAA titles. And so far I never had region issues.. thankfully.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2015, 13:25.

23. Re: The Division in March Jun 16, 2015, 12:56 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 12:45:
They also blocked cross region trading and gifting on all game listings for Anno 2205
I though that was a Steam thing. Didn't they start region locking games a while back?

Steam itself? Only for Russia... (edit: no, actually for a whole slew of low-price regions)

But Anno 2205 actually seems to be fully region locked (for trading/gifting). You can still trade/gift inside your region, but not with other regions. This only applies to a few regions by default.

Actually I do wonder if that means a key bought from Mexico wouldn't actually work for me in Germany? SteamDB doesn't explain that flag.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2015, 13:04.

22. Re: The Division in March Jun 16, 2015, 12:51 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 12:08:
They also blocked cross region trading and gifting on all game listings for Anno 2205 and yes, they sell a Season Pass already (part of the Gold Edition, listed as 70 or 80 without whatever rebate is in the works there. That's some extremely insane pricing for a game like this...

Ouch, that just reminds me that they absolutely DLC'ed Anno2070 to death. I got the entire game plus expansion for like 30 bucks or so, and it had a fantastic amount of content, but when I see how much of it was due to the DLC, I'm gonna guess that out of the box, anno9999 won't be as awesome.

I'll wait for a bundled edition.

Well imo the DLC was mostly useless fluff, unless you count the extra missions not part of the normal Anno 2070 version (they were part of the "deluxe" version) content and only 1 real expansion .. but I can see where you are coming from there. And waiting till way after release sales seems to always be the best idea anyway if you have the patience.

Btw, all Anno numbers per game added together are always 9 So There'll never be an Anno 9999 Although for the record, I'd like Anno 40k ;p Manage supply chain of the eldar craftworld!

19. Re: The Division in March Jun 16, 2015, 12:02 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 11:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 11:52:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 11:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 11:36:
Cough

http://store.steampowered.com/app/375910/
Thanks, they must have put it up today. I was checking Steam last night and it wasn't there.

Yeah, they actually put it up about 15 hours ago ;p

Also 60 ..

(Dunno what your definition of today is.. in GMT it was about 2AM so.. today ,p)
I am in ET, checked last night around 7PM didn't see it.
As far as price yeah, its a bit steep. I'll wait for a lower price from GMG or something. Comes up as $70CDN which is too much for a PC game.

They also blocked cross region trading and gifting on all game listings for Anno 2205 and yes, they sell a Season Pass already (part of the Gold Edition, listed as 70 or 80 without whatever rebate is in the works there. That's some extremely insane pricing for a game like this...

17. Re: The Division in March Jun 16, 2015, 11:52 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 11:41:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 11:36:
Cough

Thanks, they must have put it up today. I was checking Steam last night and it wasn't there.

Yeah, they actually put it up about 15 hours ago ;p

Also 60 ..

(Dunno what your definition of today is.. in GMT it was about 2AM so.. today ,p)

15. Re: The Division in March Jun 16, 2015, 11:36 eRe4s3r

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 11:00:
Creston wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 09:24:
In true Ubisoft fashion, the graphics got downgraded again by roughly 40000%.

Might still be cool, though.
I really wish they would stop doing this along with the announce and show off games years before they come out.
I am really hoping this will still be cool.
Speaking of cool I am looking forward to the new Anno game, hope they will put it on Steam, not just Uplay.

Cough

News Comments > HITMAN Announced
4. Re: HITMAN Announced Jun 16, 2015, 10:32 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 10:19:
Really? So 1000s - at least - of people all competing for the same target? Sigh. And the Derpman legacy goes forward.

Yeah no idea how they envision that not going to be a major derp fest... why does Hitman need online anything?

News Comments > Anno 2205 Announced
15. Re: Anno 2205 Announced Jun 16, 2015, 10:23 eRe4s3r

Luke wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 09:24:

welcome to games anno 2015 Clown

Nah I can't be that cynical... yet! There is always hope.... very.. small hope that Anno 2205 will be great, and I am a sucker for such games so I will get it for cheap somewhere.. on some key site or something (where uPlay games are often nicely priced for some reason).. there is no way around it. How many games like this exist and are made?.. Exactly

And I haven't even yet ranted on Ubisofts absurd retarded stance on modding. I was involved with Anno 2070 modding for a while, and we needed a 3rd party mod detector tricking exe to even get MODS to work properly, which Ubisoft actually *patched in* ! Otherwise the game would "detect" mods and lock you out of 90% of the game (and the forced online interactions which added, literally, nothing of value to the game... except the ARK, which as you might imagine, sucks if you don't have access to storage and modules AT ALL (which was part of what mod detection disabled)).

Considering advanced module stuff was the "end-game" of the game, you were literally locked out of that in offline mode. You couldn't even research

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
6. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 10:14 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 10:08:
InBlack wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 09:36:
I have never heard of Shenmue 1 or 2. What is it?

It's a game that was released at a time people were starved for games and anything representing a 3d world with an story attached to it was applauded.

Aside that it's (Shenmue 2) a standard arcade brawler.. with a sort of open world and TONS of quick-time events.. sigh (yeah yeah, it also has a decent story.. somewhat...)

8714 Comments. 436 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo