Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7168 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Age of game players Aug 24, 2014, 09:44 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Aug 24, 2014, 02:33:
Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 21:54:
29% under 18 years
32% 18-35 years
39% 36+ years

*publisher*: "Let's keep marketing all our games at boys aged 12-17!!"

Idiots.

Marketing hasn't really done that since the 90's. Modern marketing focuses on the 18-35 demographic.

Yeah marketing wise this got better but 90% of the games made are not at all for adults. Just look at steam how many games there are for adults only. And I am not talking about sex-games, but actual mature content....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Previews
7. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 23, 2014, 21:29 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 20:17:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 19:33:
RPG or not, those fuckers need to learn to manage projects properly and post more accurate release windows. It is ridiculous that a developer with their kind of experience can be that far off the original schedule.
Or they did this intentional to get more monies from KS by making it sound for people that what they are pledging for is not too far off.
Either way it is highly unprofessional and does not serve to build confidence or trust in these fuckers' abilities. Quite the contrary.
I, for one, won't be pledging for their next project. They can go and fuck themselves, especially Sawyer with his pretentious holier than thou 'tude can stuff it big time if he's not able or willing to treat pledgers with respect.

Lots of people like Obsidian, but I've seen a lot of their mistakes to. Now we can see it wasn't all the Publisher when it comes to them, they can't budget time and money well, even yet.

As long as the writing is better than D:OS I don't care how long they take...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2014, 11:23 eRe4s3r

WaltC wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 11:03:
Graphics & gaming...and for ATi & AMD...that started about 15 years ago ~1999, roughly. Two companies, 15 years each = 30 years. I would think that is the only way they could come up with this number. AMD had a really nice gaming cpu in 1999, the original Athlon. But ATi, well, ATI really didn't enter the 3d gaming arena in a strong way until R300 in 2002. However, long before 3d gaming came to be, 2d games were very popular, and ATi made some decent 2d accelerators pre-R300 (they also had several attempts at 3d, but they were all pretty poor efforts so I won't count those...;))

Man, this makes me realize just how recent 3d gaming really is...!

And how insane the tech development was as well. Newer GPU's are absolute marvels of engineering.

GPU's are the only thing that still impresses me when I hold them in my hand... they seem like giant electronic cities.

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
46. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 00:20 eRe4s3r

Prez wrote on Aug 23, 2014, 00:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 23:54:
Overon wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 18:19:
What does "SJW" mean?

... but I wonder too what the heck SJW means...

AHEM...

Take that, Social Justice Warrior douchebags!

Is that like a ... lesbian power ranger?

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 23, 2014, 00:19 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 17:48:
Linked from that article is this pretty funny roundup of totally ludicrous crowd funding examples.

The "new theory of gravity" guy actually got people to give him $443 worth of pledges. We should explain to these people the benefit of, really, just burning your money. At least that way you get heat. (which according to gravity guy leads to... anti-gravity?)

That Orbit thing would sound like a miniature Boeing 777 on take-off, the whole time, for the whole 7 minutes it would be able to run with current battery tech (and of course, it would not even achieve enough LIFT to fly... while making that screeching noise)

This link gave me a few good chuckles

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
44. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 22, 2014, 23:54 eRe4s3r

Overon wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 18:19:
What does "SJW" mean?

Also what is this supposed cover up involving 5 guys burgers?

I know what they are talking about (The Depression Quest thingy, you can google it if you are VERY bored) but I wonder too what the heck SJW means...

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Aug 22, 2014, 23:01 eRe4s3r

At this point they have more previews for the patch than actual changes....

What took them 3 months for this though?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 22, 2014, 13:10 eRe4s3r

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 12:46:
7 ways to improve Wifi for home - instead of Repeater use a Powerline, in most cases and for a lot less you'll get better performance this way.

True, I have 2 to connect my tv where it would have been a hassle to wire network proper.. and this worked very nicely. It isn't the fastest (compared to a gbit wired network) but it works very easily..

And it's a lot faster and stable than wlan. Only downside is that if you switch a device off, it can take up to 30 seconds for the power adapters to all sync up properly when you turn the device on again. Especially if you have more than 2....

This is also dependent on house wiring quality...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 22, 2014, 12:59 eRe4s3r

Also technically ATI was not part of AMD for 30 years either..... so the numbers don't even add up if you look at them ignoring that AMD as a company is 45

Since they celebrate 30 years of graphics and gaming. And AMD does not have 30 years of graphics history.....

Ati was founded 1985

So 30 years is impossible, we have 2014 not 2015...

basically. AMD can't count worth a damn !

AMD 45
ATI 29

^^

News Comments > 48 Hours of Titanfall Free on Origin
22. Re: 48 Hours of Titanfall Free on Origin Aug 22, 2014, 12:35 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 12:06:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 23:31:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 21:37:
Credit where credit is due: Origin Game Time and Steam Free Weekends are a great way to demo non-F2P games.

Titanfall is 50gb... they'd have to pay me to waste that much bandwidth just for 48hrs of demo. Not to mention it takes longer than 24 hours to download that amount of shit on my slow line... ;/

I don't think you have to download 50GB. I believe the download itself is like 28GB or so. The install size is 50GB because of their retarded "uncompressing the audio on the fly would eat like soooo much CPU time, duuuuuude!" but you are still downloading the files in a compressed format.

No, you are wrong in this case or Origin displays wrong numbers I wouldn't have brought it up if I hadn't checked it.

You click Download it says, Titanfall needs 52GB space
Then Download window appears, saying this

Titanfall TM
0% [8.24mb / 52.52GB]

(funnily, it doesn't even list an ETA, but it lists my download speed correctly, 790kb/s)

Unless Origin displays wrong numbers in it's actual download manager I am gonna go with my feeling here and say you really do have to download 53000 MB of stuff for 48hrs of demo.

And yeah, I am on unlimited, but this deadlocks my internet usage for 2 days at the very least.

Ps.: I own Titanfall, I just have uninstalled

News Comments > Hack Your Fiends in Watch Dogs
4. Re: Hack Your Fiends in Watch Dogs Aug 22, 2014, 09:22 eRe4s3r

third person phoner... a new genre dawns on the horizon!  

News Comments > 48 Hours of Titanfall Free on Origin
11. Re: 48 Hours of Titanfall Free on Origin Aug 21, 2014, 23:31 eRe4s3r

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 21:37:
Credit where credit is due: Origin Game Time and Steam Free Weekends are a great way to demo non-F2P games.

Titanfall is 50gb... they'd have to pay me to waste that much bandwidth just for 48hrs of demo. Not to mention it takes longer than 24 hours to download that amount of shit on my slow line... ;/

4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 21, 2014, 22:56 eRe4s3r

Alamar wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 21:53:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 19:21:
“What I learned from doing the first campaign is that while some people cared about multiplayer, the vast majority of people who were excited about the game were excited about the single-player campaign and mod support,”

TLDR nothing more to add

Just for you bluesnewsers constantly trying to piddle coop as the next coming, coop is nice to have, but many games can be UTTERLY ruined by MP

I'm all for a good SP campaign, but coop makes nearly any SP game better : )

Examples? Off hand I can give you few games with utterly ruined SP by COOP. Dead Space 3 and any Resident Evil game with COOP ever for example...

If a dev wants to make COOP they should make a game targeted at COOP. If a dev wants my money on KS and he lists COOP or MP he won't get a single cent from me. That's how I roll....

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 21, 2014, 19:23 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 19:20:
Well, I think that makes sense for the first few generations of self driving cars. It'll be a decade or so before they're able to do everything (like park in a driveway, for example).

Even if it doesn't make sense, it must be a feature for all cars anyway, think "I Robot" you'd be pretty fucked if someone hacked your car and you had no manual override.

2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 21, 2014, 19:21 eRe4s3r

“What I learned from doing the first campaign is that while some people cared about multiplayer, the vast majority of people who were excited about the game were excited about the single-player campaign and mod support,”

TLDR nothing more to add

Just for you bluesnewsers constantly trying to piddle coop as the next coming, coop is nice to have, but many games can be UTTERLY ruined by MP

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 21, 2014, 16:16 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 15:53:
Now someone needs to invent an personal anti-drone defense system, something that maybe fires either a high powered laser or maybe microwaves and fries the electronics.

Defeated by aluminum foil for 50ct... also shooting lasers or microwaves at the sky anywhere near airplanes is a good way into Guantanamo

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 21, 2014, 12:40 eRe4s3r

Deep simulation should be really great at keeping the game interesting (especially with the events that you claim to be including in the game).

In many city builders I just build and build, and then hit a cap whereby I’ve expanded both upward and outward. At that stage I can only sit and watch. A richer management system hopefully will allow for more to do for lategame players.

I think were our strength lies is that we don’t make fire and forget games. The idea is to keep expanding upon the game and increase that cap.

Their solution to the stagnating sandbox problem is.. to sell us more DLC? I hope I misunderstood

Nothing in this AMA talks about how dynamic the city simulation is. Very disappointing.

4. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 21, 2014, 11:05 eRe4s3r

Fantaz wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 01:35:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 18:05:
Another example of interesting KS ruined by bad introduction (or rather, ZERO introduction) no list what money is used, no vision. No gameplay scenes and no idea what the game will even play like.

This is how you fail KS

also doesn't look very interesting...

I wouldn't say that... depending on how it really plays it might be very interesting or it might horrible. Can't really see the game in front of me after reading all that pitch and this is their problem.

At least in Update 1 they listed money properly.. but they have nothing to show!

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized
38. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Video; Funding to be Deemphasized Aug 21, 2014, 10:52 eRe4s3r

LOL@U wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 09:42:
My question is a repost from the previous SC thread, for which I was too late. I probably am for this one, too...

Quote:
I haven't followed development to the letter (far from it), but have the game specs changed to allow for planetfall and scenarios where you can get out of the ship and drive/walk around at your leisure?

Because that's kinda what the [recent 3 minute] ad suggests.
End quote.

I have interest in both ED and SC, so I'm truly curious about this (since competition between the two will lead to good things for us). Last I'd heard, we won't fly around free and explore planets. When the game(s) talk about trading and dogfighting and "exploration" (where exploration is limited to flying around in space), it's kinda peculiar that the infomercial clearly focuses on coming to a planet, analyzing it, getting out of the ship, and walking among alien life forms. Has this changed? It would be great if some of that pile 'o money went to designing the part I actually care about.

Anyone have a perspective/info on this?

The trailer has nothing to do with the game they pitched during KS, nowhere in that was it ever mentioned we can land on planets wherever we want, it's specific landing sites with pre-canned landing animations (like Freelancer). If this changed recently then I missed more than I thought... but while I heard we can walk around the landing sites and meet other players (max 50?) I never heard anything about landing manually on a planet, walking to hatch and getting out. Or racing on a planet location without going through a loading screen. (etc.)

Even Squadron 42 never pitched this feature (where I would have actually wanted it)

As I said, if this game were like the CLEARLY CGI and not CryEngine trailer, I'd be super happy.

News Comments > EVE Online Hyperion Video
3. Re: EVE Online Hyperion Video Aug 20, 2014, 22:20 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 20:49:
Was like 'damn, what would Eve be doing with Borderlands' and then I rubbed two brain cells together.

Good to see I wasn't the only one being a bit confused...

And I think you can play eve perfectly fine in LibreOffice Calc

(LibreOffice is the PROPER fork of OpenOffice, OO is no longer properly developed)

7168 Comments. 359 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo