Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7655 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 25, 2014, 17:38 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 15:58:
The undermining of the unions corresponds directly with the stagnation of American wages. Unions aren't perfect by any means, but the lack of unions in most industries these days is a big reason for lower salaries and wages.

A union that is too close to the corporation whose workers it's supposed to represent is just as bad, and most probably worse for the workers

Unions don't solve problems, it's the people in charge, the people in Unions that have to defend their rights. And that is something corporations are trying to eradicate.

Man you can't believe the bullshit that happens in Germany when it comes to skilled workers "Too few, oh my god, no workers" is something you hear from the fuckers that are supposed to represent the workers nearly daily.

No, skilled workers are not the problem, the problem is that corporations don't want to train their own fucking workers anymore.. they only want free infinite supplies of cheap labor.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Gift Trade Policy Changes
12. Re: Steam Gift Trade Policy Changes Nov 25, 2014, 14:00 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 13:37:
or is it to stop buying games from people in parts of the world where games are sold at much lower prices?

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 13:34:
Not to mention that no key-reseller EVER sells gifts, they sell steam keys which are very much unlike steam gifts

Steam gifts are what you get from Humblebundle lately. You link account and games are "gifted"

maybe not key-resellers but I have seen people asking for "gifting" from other parts of the world.

I know, there are gift trade-sites mostly where I would have huge trust issues related to the gifts being actually valid purchases and not "stolen" with fraudulent payment

It's a good thing Steam does this

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 25, 2014, 13:58 eRe4s3r

I would hope nobody believes that lie from corporations (and the gov). When a corporation says it "can't find skilled workers" then what that really means is that a corporation doesn't want to pay proper wages. And with more people looking for a job, they can take the best ones and pay them shitty wages to boot. It's just one of the many things totally fucked thanks to Capitalism

Not to mention that it makes these workers extremely easily to replace for even the tiniest infraction (or attempt to get better wages).

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
142. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 25, 2014, 13:49 eRe4s3r

Another stupid design choice is imo the "tablets" and "bottles" collectible stuff. With now way to know where those friggin things even *are* this is literally one of the these absurd meta quests that you need a guide for to complete (unlike the shards).

I get that there is a POINT to this kind of stuff in very local focused maps, like in DA:O and DA2 where you could explore a "map" and be sure you really found everything. But in Inquisition exploring the "map" completely is impossible, since often collectibles are hidden WAY out of the way and I mean *way* Because it's open world and the game doesn't properly display secrets unless you CONSTANTLY ping the search there is literally no way you will ever find all the bottles and tablets yourself. NONE

I mean wtf was the idea behind that please?

Aside that, holly meat-balls but this game has a big wtf ending If you read the lore of the game the ending comes like a nuclear explosion. Heck, I'd call it sequel bait. Likely more like DLC bait.. but meh

And yeah, combat is imo the weakest part of this game. It's not just the retarded AI, which really.. just makes you cry sometimes, it's also that certain skills are so EXTREMELY short-lived that using them is nearly always entirely pointless and I never believe I'd say that, but the lack of a dedicated healing path is annoying as FUCK. It basically forces you to stop exploring and get new potions.. another "wtf is the point of that" moment..

Well, but it is a great game besides that. Absolutely loved it.. 84 hours to the end.. and not 100% complete end. But I guess it's the Bioware illness so many great things, and some REALLY stupid design choices

Also a personal nitpick. There is no female elf in the game that is in ANY WAY likable. And they managed to make elves look really really weird somehow. DA2 had weird as hell looking elves sure, but if you got over that they were acceptable, but in Inquisition elves have faces that look like you took a dude and transplanted a womens body on em. I could literally not find any slider position to make my female elf actually look female

Anyhow... one of the best RPG's ever made, graphically it's is absolutely mindblowing. The detail on the faces, sub-surface scattering, the eye reflections and the clothes and armor, everything looks absolutely stunning. Aside from the elves

And while I am harping about elves, the character creation in particular is very very bare-bones. I'd have wished for a better female and male VA as well.... It ain't Shephard and FemShep kind of quality that's for sure.

News Comments > Steam Gift Trade Policy Changes
10. Re: Steam Gift Trade Policy Changes Nov 25, 2014, 13:34 eRe4s3r

Dev wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 12:52:
Blue,
I don't believe this is anything to do with key resellers since key numbers are not steam tradable. The announcement also doesn't mention it. Here's text of announcement:

All new games purchased as a gift and placed in the purchaser's inventory will be untradable for 30 days. The gift may still be gifted at any time. The only change is to trading.

We've made this change to make trading gifts a better experience for those receiving the gifts. We're hoping this lowers the number of people who trade for a game only to have the game revoked later due to issues with the purchaser's payment method.

Not to mention that no key-reseller EVER sells gifts, they sell steam keys which are very much unlike steam gifts

Steam gifts are what you get from Humblebundle lately. You link account and games are "gifted"

130. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 21, 2014, 16:10 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 15:18:
Verno wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 15:14:
Yeah exactly, people really shouldn't get hung up on completing every single thing they come across. A lot of it isn't even intended to be completed right away.

I came SOOOOO fucking close to killing the level 12 rift with my level 6 party...

Pfft... I attacked the level 12 gruffalo way before I even found the rift... and figured if that's how the game rolls it's time to hike elsewhere

Game ain't called Dragon Age: Inquisition of the Hinterlands, after all.

Loving it still ;p

Just exploring and seeing all those areas is great, and the story quests are so diverse too.

125. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 21, 2014, 10:06 eRe4s3r

Well I love the open world aspect of it.. and I am 40 hours in and feel I am barely 40% done. That said I am perfectionist and the Shard temple has me hooked, I want to know what's behind the big door ;p

And I also got me the mysterious chest.. which is by the way one of the most hilarious side-quests in the entire game Bioware by now really defines an own genre.. I am so glad we get to see such games. And MP seems interesting at least, but I haven't yet played more than 1 test round. Only once I have everything done in SP

Anyhow.. even after 40 hours I am not yet ready to give any verdict.. game is insanely .. insanely... deep. There is SO much stuff to do read and listen, and then there are the great songs from the minstrel...

And I also kinda like that you can give your inquisition some stuff to do while you are not playing. For some reason that's one of the things that always bothered me before, and now that DA:I did it I want it always to be there...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2014, 10:01 eRe4s3r

Happy birthday blue.. let's hope a few more decades are ahead of you and that you may not grow tired of our infinite ramblings and sometimes silly comments  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Merchants of Kaidan
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Merchants of Kaidan Nov 20, 2014, 19:43 eRe4s3r

JaguarUSF wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 05:49:
If anybody is checking back this far in the news, my video review is up.

I do

116. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition Nov 20, 2014, 19:30 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 13:15:
Archer is pretty fun and very viable damage wise. It doesn't do the single target damage of DW Rogue but it also doesn't have the risks of sitting in crazy AoEs and having weird positional hang ups. You also get elevation bonuses and you can pick up a lot of cool subterfuge talents to supplement. It feels a lot stronger and more fun than DA:O for sure. Not having to deal with the fucking tiny ass melee engagement ranges is a big bonus too. Plus it sorta makes up for tactical camera shortcomings, I can pick out ranged threats and deal with them while the melee is busy up front.

im also rolling a archer and find that the most fun so far Combat gets alot tougher though in later levels.... (16+) and with tougher I mean, you are gonna want to over-ride some AI fuckups at that point

Just killed my first dragon (the one in the Hinterlands) and that was one hell of a fight that battle lasted a good 20 minutes with dodging and trying not to get overwhelmed. Also I have to say, this game is graphically the most impressive RPG I've seen so far.

Combat will need a ton of mods, assuming there is any possibly to mod anything. Game has a console so it must use scripts of some kind, just needs accessing.

55. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 18:44 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 18:33:
I bought a Vespula because my Exactmat wrist rest was no longer functional.

Sadly, the Vespula wrist rest is smaller. And I just kept the Exactmat and put the actual Vespula in a closet. All I wanted was the wrist rest.

I also never, ever use the other side.

My wrist pad is still working.. even though it looks like someone sandblasted it. And I totally understand what you mean, my hand nearly always rests on the outer right edge of the pad and I don't think I could do with anything other than the exactmat + wrist pad

54. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 18:39 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 18:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 18:13:
1badmf wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 17:58:
anybody have a recommendation for a good mouse mat? the 3m one i was using suddenly started causing tracking errors. i switched to an old one and it completely went away. i know, i have no idea either.

I am using Razor eXactmats which are awesome, 2 sides with different glide profile. And extreme precision.. and they last literally forever

Exactmats aren't sold anymore I don't think. Replaced by the Razor Vespula (same sort of shape, which I have) or one of the other types.

Hah you are right The prices seem to have racketed upwards quite a bit...

Anyway, kinda proves my point of em lasting forever.

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Merchants of Kaidan Nov 18, 2014, 18:24 eRe4s3r

JaguarUSF wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 12:03:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 09:58:
Economic balance is horrible, and this game is the very definition of a GRIND.
Truth. There is no sense to the economics: goods are randomly produced in different locations, and demand and supply also fluctuate randomly, making it impossible to earn any amount of consistent income. On top of that, it takes an exorbitant amount to afford any upgrades.
My video review is going up tomorrow.

Worth noting that the update today is the 3rd update in a row where they said to make the start easier.... makes you wonder what they did during early access...

48. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 18:13 eRe4s3r

1badmf wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 17:58:
anybody have a recommendation for a good mouse mat? the 3m one i was using suddenly started causing tracking errors. i switched to an old one and it completely went away. i know, i have no idea either.

I am using Razor eXactmats which are awesome, 2 sides with different glide profile. And extreme precision.. and they last literally forever

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
294. Re: Into the Black Nov 18, 2014, 17:53 eRe4s3r

ASeven wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 13:45:
Well, the forums are again alight, they are refusing all kind of refunds at this point.

I have a feeling this will bite them hard in the ass.

They not just refusing refunds they are censoring their reddit with anything related to refunds.

It's probably the most boneheaded thing they did so far, people that want to get out will only get more hostile and pissed if you refuse them. Why do that? Does Braben want a PR nightmare? Apparently he does, and stupid gets what stupid wants.

286. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 18, 2014, 10:13 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 09:57:
Hahah well Eraser, guess who defended Simcity?

Anyways its not really SP vs MP or connection or not. Its about expectations. If people expect offline functionality then they care when its taken away. No one likes having less options. If they don't expect it then they don't care as much, if at all.

This would normally be open/shut but Kickstarter muddies the waters. I hope people learn a lesson about crowdfunding after this.

To be fair, my bullshit detector is always at 11 when a dev says "This is impossible" in relation to offline anything. The real issue here is that they don't want to give you the server exe, because they fear their cash shop is gonna be a empty graveyard otherwise Since modded servers with custom rules would quickly become more popular than the actual game.

Anyhow, I didn't pledge for this, but I did buy Sim City.. I did regret it.. somewhat. But it's moddable now and kinda fun.. even though the cities' way tooo friggin small.

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Merchants of Kaidan Nov 18, 2014, 09:58 eRe4s3r

From what I saw no let's player ever actually got beyond the starting quest.. not a good sign. Economic balance is horrible, and this game is the very definition of a GRIND.  

284. Re: Into the Black Nov 18, 2014, 09:40 eRe4s3r

Slick wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 09:09:
InBlack wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 07:32:
Ventura wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 06:15:
Slick wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 22:15:
it's 2014, if you don't have functional internet at the most basic level, then move.

How does having the most reliable internet at home help me if I'm not at home?

I'm going away at Christmas time, 400km's south of this capital city here in Western Australia, and my dad has spotty internet that he pays through the nose for because he lives in the sticks.

Now, maybe I was planning on playing a little ED while away, and maybe I wasn't, but I'm not about to ask him to borrow his internet, so either way, Frontier has effectively made my choice for me.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have bought the game even if offline had never been promised, but I do remember reading about it prior to my purchase, and you'd better believe its inclusion influenced my decision.

You can talk up the game only needing 52 bytes to get going all you like, but, pray tell, what does it do if it doesn't receive them?

This is it exactly. Its about reneging on a promise. Not only that but it will severly limit (if not outright destroy) any possible modding opportunities for the game if the game relies on a lot of server calls. I for one dont have a problem with this decision, but I can see how many might feel cheated when they were told from day one that the game would have singleplayer out of the box.

jesus christ. it HAS singleplayer! nothing has changed! the only thing that's different is you have to login to play, that's literally all that's changed.

as for buddy who's visiting his relative on a farm in the sticks, and who doesn't want to "ask to borrow his internet" then what exactly is your issue then? too polite to not be mad at something which really isn't an issue for %99 of people %99 of the time.

if you people want a platform that caters to the lowest common denominator, may i recommend super nintendo? PC culture and PC gaming in particular has always been about been on the cutting edge.

Man I am laughing my ass off here, PC gaming has always been about options and mods, not about locked down proprietary server DRM for Singleplayer

This is another Sim City debacle and their reason given is just as much bullshit as it was for Sim City.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
35. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 18, 2014, 06:58 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 20:41:
Any of you bastiges jump the gun with a VPN yet? Gotta admit, it's getting hard not to cave given all the positive feedback on this one so far. Anyone purchase it through a VPN?

Here, but I am still 4 hours 50m to preload completion. You can use VPN to unlock with FlyVPN they offer free 20minute VPN service, enough to trick Origin to unlock, switch Origin to offline mode and then disconnect, and you can play.

For me game would otherwise unlock on the 20th 6PM..

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 18, 2014, 06:55 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 20:47:
And we're supposed to take the govts word that the attacks were definitely China. Suspicious considering the U.S. is pushing for inclusion of 'cyber warfare' in its definition of being 'invaded' in order to declare war.

Threat monitors still list the USA as Nr.1 source of cyber attacks thanks to NSA subverting every single international connection So I wonder who should declare on who here...

7655 Comments. 383 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo