Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8151 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > AIPD Announced
4. Re: AIPD Announced Feb 25, 2015, 03:53 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 03:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 02:23:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 18:21:
Glad UE4 came out so this game could be produced.

Note sure if sarcasm or not.. but.. it's a twin stick shooter... so.. meh

Yeah, searcazm. Obviously UE4 is not required to make a game like this. You could have done this exact game 10 years ago pretty easily.

Also, yeah, twin stick shooters don't appeal.

But how else would they have added so much gloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww

UE4, the engine for when it really needs to glow!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Lionsgate & Telltale Partner on The Super Show
4. Re: Lionsgate & Telltale Partner on The Super Show Feb 25, 2015, 03:51 eRe4s3r

A telltale game winning Game of the Year?

Wouldn't that require some *cough* gameplay *cough* first?

News Comments > etc.
39. Re: etc. Feb 25, 2015, 03:00 eRe4s3r

Beamer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 01:46:
Scud wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 01:04:
Beamer wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 23:21:
Can we atop with the non-gamer nonsense? She isn't an outsider invading your turf. You're taking an out of context quote from a video you didn't watch or read a transcript of.
I think what people really mean when they accuse her of being a non-gamer is that she's just using the fact that video games are the current moral panic du-jour as a vehicle for fame and career advancement. And yes she does cherry pick, she puts together a violence against women supercut knowing it will hit all the right emotional buttons in some people. She takes instances of bad things happening to women and removes them from any surrounding context to make it appear as though it's a representation of that game as a whole. She even goes so far as to claim that the mutilated corpses in Bioshock 2 were purposely arranged in an erotic fashion, because corpses are just so hot you know.

It isn't cherry picking! She is showing a series of tropes, and tropes either exist or do not. Showing that they exist isn't cherry picking. She doesn't need to put the context in because she isn't judging or condemning individual games, just showing the prevalence of tropes.

I can't fathom how you do that without "cherry picking." Do you show a random clip from a game and say whether or not the trope is in that clip?

How do you propose doing this without "cherry picking?"

How about not doing it at all? What does that even contribute to anything? I can show you staged scenes for any trope I want, and yet that does not prove a thing. All it does is incite pointless hate in people that loved the stuff I parody that way.

And sorry, but she is not showing natural scenes, she is showing staged scenes. Thus she is making a parody of something and not showing tropes, but how she staged scenes to show tropes

Of course that is cherry picking, and why exactly are you not angry about it? Wouldn't you call it cherry picking if I cut the 1 scene out of a movie, out of context and out of order together in such a way that a completely non existent trope seems to appear?

But when the cult leader does it you are ok with it? Why?

And her videos are art criticism, nothing else. Her own subjective view point about art. So it's absurd to say she is not "criticizing" these games, of course she is. That is what a critic does. Only she slapped a feminism and tropes moniker on and runs with it...

I just want to say, if she had took this approach in a proper intellectual art critic kind of way dismantling game by game, properly, thoroughly. Then I would have subscribed to her videos. Because no youtube channel is doing that right now.. just fyi

All aside, all she does lately is produce infinite amount of hate. Her cult and she as prime leader are exactly as vile and crappy as the hardcore GG crowd.

1 coin, 2 sides I guess.. but to me both sides are the same.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2015, 03:49.

News Comments > AIPD Announced
2. Re: AIPD Announced Feb 25, 2015, 02:23 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 18:21:
Glad UE4 came out so this game could be produced.

Note sure if sarcasm or not.. but.. it's a twin stick shooter... so.. meh

News Comments > etc.
28. Re: etc. Feb 24, 2015, 17:58 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 09:54:
What the hell is this BS? That guy was never a figurehead anymore than I am. That would be like claiming Blue is a member of the inner circle of the RNC, or Cutter is the secret man behind Obama. What a piece of shit article.

Editorial standards? Nope. Yellow journalism? Yep.

Yeah I have a hard time even grasping what you have to take to see this hoax (even back then it was known) as a figure head of anyone. WHo even decides what a figure head is? To me there are 5 youtubes that are maybe SPOKES PEOPLE but they sure as hell aren't figure heads.

The best figure head for GG movement is still Anita Sarkesian Hah

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. "bug" Feb 24, 2015, 01:09 eRe4s3r

Can someone explain to me how scripted DMCA notices are even legal ?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Intel 10nm and then 7nm and AMD? Feb 23, 2015, 21:26 eRe4s3r

Amd is plodding along with 28nm (it's "newest mobile CPU anyway)

Intel is getting a massive domination going here, and as AMD cpu user that saddens me! My next cpu is most definitely going to be Intel, let's see whether I can survive on my old Phenom II x6 until that next next generation of cpu's comes ;p

All info that is known is that sometime 2016 AMD will figure out how to build a desktop CPU again. At 14nm... but by then Intel is going to be at 10nm....

Also interesting is that due to higher power requirements in GPU's, they haven't figured out how to go beyond 20nm (which explains why AMD is using 28nm fabs)... the process used for 14nm and 10nm apparently has massive problems with power leakage... So gpu's are going to be jumping straight to 7nm? Wouldn't this mean a massive jump in performance and power savings / heat reduction?

Ah, the next 5 years are going to be another great time for tech stuff

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2015, 21:34.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer
1. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer Feb 23, 2015, 16:11 eRe4s3r

Is there really someone interested in this that does not already know the story? ;p  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 23, 2015, 10:34 eRe4s3r

That read took or a turn for the interesting.. but.... the people that had these problems were really not very smart in how they handled this. That first women in particular, she was annoyed at a spambot, that's hilarious if that video she put on youtube hadn't been so sad. She came about as a hysteric with zero argumentation ability. (Hint, this is why you never confront people about an serious issue alone). Very sad all around but the Internet is what it is.

I mean for fucks sake, there are ENTIRE CHANNELS (on youtube) that crawl the web for stuff (genre name -> "Why would you put that on the Internet?" )

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Feb 23, 2015, 10:18 eRe4s3r

If by fine you mean less than 0.05% of the global gaming market.. then sure

Personally I would really like if the people in charge would get their head out of that cloud and start working towards making Linux an actual gaming OS, with proper API support, binary blobs, auto updating of drivers etc.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2015, 08:36 eRe4s3r

Pigeon wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 13:14:
It'd be like if I opposed a medicine that prevented smokers from getting lung cancer, because I personally think smoking is gross and the best way to prevent people from smoking is by having horrible lung cancer as one of the consequences. /rant

I'd be opposed to a medicine that prevented smokers from getting lung cancer, because that'd force EVERYONE ELSE in their vicinity to also get that medicine....

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
57. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 23:10 eRe4s3r

Flatline wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 22:42:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 21:17:
Julio wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 20:38:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 20:07:
yet everyone here is saying it is pay to win... ???

Although we've beaten the pay-to-win discussion to death, I'm interested in how buying a $1200 ship isn't paying to win. That ship will give an advantage to some players over others. Let's hear how it doesn't.

The game needs to come through with it's one promise. Player run servers. If it does P2W will mean nothing on them.

I don't see how player run servers are even feasible at this point.

Maybe if you have a server cluster it's doable, as in you rent some MS Azure or AWS servers and spin them up, but I have trouble imagining one consumer-grade computer running a full universe simulation, unknown planetary-side simulations, AND run FPS simulations- simultaneously.

I can see a minimum of one server for each along with maybe a master server that coordinates everything, with additional server spinning up for every X number of players. Not to mention the bandwidth required for that kind of server hosting- it'd be kind of a nightmare.

An expensive nightmare too... I am still only along for the ride for the SP portion.. the other persistent nonsense doesn't interest me.

And like you I see feature creep and it makes me wonder how this is even going to work. Squadron 42 is an entirely different game it seems, using systems that were developed for persistent world but offline in SP. And how is persistence even going to work with user hosted servers? I mean i can see how you could simulate FPS and ship battles in 1 "sector" at the same time, no problem. But what if there are 50 such battles across 50 sectors?

I think the more this game takes shape, the more people will realize that what they backed might not actually be what the this game ends up with. Let's hope SP is not that ;/

Fact is if player run servers are not possible to do there will be a giant shit storm coming. And there already seems to be confusion whether "player run servers" applies to the PU stuff, or just the simulator stuff (ie single missions or dogfights).

And to be honest, I don't see how this game is not going to be a giant clusterfuck on release anyway with these huge modules. And persistent universe crap already ruined 1 perfectly good game previously pure SP game (Elite Dangerous)

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 21, 2015, 21:44 eRe4s3r

Caladell wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 19:20:
beremot wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 18:50:
Never had a facebook page. Never wanted one. I made up a facebook identity once... you may know ... " and it was the name of a friend's father. So they managed to cross reference me somehow. Kinda creepy.
Anyway, fuck facebook. Never saw a reason to use it when it started and I definitely see no reason to use it now.

I have something somewhat similar, at least in the creepiness factor. A few years ago my wife's friends kept bugging her to sign up, so she finally started working on it. I figured I'd go ahead and make one too, just as some kind of moral support. Anyway, signed up, clicked the verification link, then logged in to my wall. Already had quite a few 'you may know' possibilities, and seriously, less than a minute in, I had a post from my uncle saying hey, didn't know you were on here. I was just thinking WTF! How'd you find me so fast? Just friggin weird.
I never use it though. I've made one post in the last 2 or 3 years since I made it.

from what I can tell Facebook actually informs you when someone joins that it thinks is related to you, that's absolutely fucking creepy by the way ! (I do not use Facebook and never will) but that's what I heard....

News Comments > Dungeons 2 in April
3. Re: Dungeons 2 in April Feb 20, 2015, 12:11 eRe4s3r

Dev wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 10:45:
Just in time to take focus away from war for the over world release date.

Which is April 2nd.. hardly taking focus away considering there is 3 weeks in between 3 Weeks are an eternity in internet time

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Early Access
7. Re: Medieval Engineers Early Access Feb 20, 2015, 12:02 eRe4s3r

Gas Bandit wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 10:10:
Oh, I recommended it when I had less hours in it. Yes, I suppose you could argue I've "gotten my money out of it" if you ignore the frustrating effects of unrealized potential. I got in early on it, hoping it would grow into something great. If it worked properly, I'd recommend it.

They HAVE my money, I was telling the rest of you not to buy so that you wouldn't waste YOURS. Also, I haven't bought (and won't be buying) medieval engineers. I've learned my lesson.

Well after MineWars or what it was called I didn't ever plan on buying anything from them, so yeah

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 20, 2015, 12:01 eRe4s3r

You should read that Lenovo story if you haven't yet.. confirms my thoughts that the only good notebook is a cleanly wiped one.  

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Early Access
3. Re: Medieval Engineers Early Access Feb 20, 2015, 08:38 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 00:28:
Gas Bandit wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 23:11:
"Successful launch of Space Engineers?" It's still languishing in early access.

Don't buy from these Shysters. I should have heeded the warning when they abandoned Minerwars 2081. Space Engineers is still very alpha, very buggy, very unfinished, has no endgame other than multiplayer, and multiplayer is unplayable due to shit netcode.

And that's coming from a guy with 600+ hours, and made one of the most popular tutorial serieses for the game.

"Don't by from these Shysters" and "I have 600+ hours in this game" are pretty incongruent. Sounds like you got your money's worth, why wouldn't you recommend it?

As he said, he expected development, and with 600 hours into a game you can assume he knows what parts of the game never saw development...

That said, with 600 hours in I too think you [OP] got your moneys worth

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 19, 2015, 19:54 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 19:52:
*JDreyer suddenly loses faith in humanity*

Exploding kittens at 8.3m and then this + Ukraine crisis, makes one wonder why you ever had faith to begin with.

Humans are stupid.. not all of them, but sadly enough of them. (Although I am not sure peer pressure is stupid, or whether that is not more like.. social nonsense people subscribe to because they want to be "part of the group" or something...

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2015, 20:01.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 19, 2015, 12:48 eRe4s3r

8 million for a card game that is Russian roulette with cards... uhm.. ok

Faith in humanity -200k

News Comments > Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux
4. Re: Broken Age Act 2 in Beta, Due in Spring; Schafer on Molyneux Feb 19, 2015, 10:07 eRe4s3r

I'll believe Broken Age Act 2 exists when I have it (and it's longer than 3 hours) Act 1 was a huge disappointment when at the same you have stuff like The Dark Eye - Memoria or Chains of Satinav. That has both a gripping story, complex characters and exceptional artwork.

Grmpf.. still kinda regretting buying that..

8151 Comments. 408 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo