Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8602 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 10, 2015, 00:18 eRe4s3r

I want BloodDeath ;p Sounds about as inspired as the 16th Assasins Creed spin-off and 32th MOBA, though I have to admit HoTS has caught my attention (for some reason, when you remove the item management, these games are a lot more fun for me)  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed
7. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 9, 2015, 23:03 eRe4s3r

There are 2 moments in the original game where you absolutely have to shoot, and 1 where you absolutely have to kill someone.

And that has imo nothing to do in a parkour game, optional, sure, but not forced.

News Comments > Galactic Inheritors Released
3. Re: Galactic Inheritors Released Jun 9, 2015, 21:53 eRe4s3r

This puts the RBGy color back in paint the stars simulators.. and that is not a compliment

Though would have to see how it actually plays to judge

News Comments > Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian
14. Re: Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian Jun 9, 2015, 13:42 eRe4s3r

Well I thought the 2 characters (Yes, really) he wrote were awesome, everything else he was co-authored (And forced!). And that is indeed that.

PoE expansion better be a hell of a lot better though. But maybe it's the curse of the first release, BG1 wasn't so awesome either, the addon made it better, BG2 then was awesome, the addon made it a complete game.

So change for the better is still possible

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Jun 9, 2015, 03:20 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 02:37:
Steam Machine would be slightly more tolerable if it ran Windows.

While I sorta agree, that is neither their goal (license fees -> MS) nor is it an issue for you, I mean you could always just.. install Windows on it ;p Chances are that if you pick one from a builder that puts desktop parts in and nothing custom you can easily run Windows 10 on it.

For me only steam link is relevant though... and I will never buy hardware until it's been out for a few months and the issues are ironed out. Steam doesn't strike me as a proficient hardware manufacturer...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 9, 2015, 00:49 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 00:07:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 23:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 23:07:
harlock wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 22:00:
its cold and wet.. so, fuck that place man

Cold and wet is infinitely better than hot and dry

Or hot and wet.

Hot and wet is always best. Couple that with some Vermont maple syrup and it's a definite good time.

Maybe if you like swamps and mosquitoes for breakfast ;p I'd rather take hot steak and bacon wrapped sausages when it's storming blizzard outside

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2015, 23:13 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 14:04:
I've only watched the first 3 seasons, but I've read all the books. The problem is that GRRM keeps adding characters and scattering them to the winds until there are just too many to keep track of by book 5. I understand that the showrunners are trying to reduce the number of characters to keep it reasonable, but you can only do so much without eliminating critical plot points.

*returns to eating his bowl of unborn puppie stew*

Season 5 already diverts from the books Which makes it TONS better imo (and contrary to what blue thinks, I love season 5 substantially more than any other) it's good to see the show finally remembers that The Winter can't be damned coming for 7 seasons (which as I hear, is the planned runtime of the show ,p)

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 8, 2015, 23:07 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 22:00:
its cold and wet.. so, fuck that place man

Cold and wet is infinitely better than hot and dry

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 8, 2015, 19:47 eRe4s3r

that oatmeal link (and the one about self driving cars) is both hilarious and informative  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 7, 2015, 19:10 eRe4s3r

Wtf? Why would people put email addresses on BANK account info that doesn't belong to them? I mean not like banks ever send you anything relevant that way except maybe statements, but what about Paypal or stores, what about job info or sensitive online store info?

Do they think that just because they have a name that they have this gmail address? How the fuck would they even access their mail account? I assume you have tons of "access warnings" and password reset attempts?

stupidity of humanity does not surprise me, but sometimes.. you really gotta ask yourself.. what the actual fuck is wrong with people? Man this makes me so glad that only 1 other person in the world uses my nick... I seriously couldn't stand such bullshit for very long, and I'd probably do nefarious things to make them stop pretty damn quickly.

Btw, [Nickname]@gmail.com is a valid email address. Only thing gmail flat out ignores dots.. so technically a dot is not invalid, it just ignored making example.fancy examplefancy internally, but you can still log-on as example.fancy...

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2015, 19:16.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 7, 2015, 12:55 eRe4s3r

I also have my nick as gmail address.. nobody ever sends me free codes ;/  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jun 6, 2015, 21:26 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 20:38:
oh i didnt know that was the focus

makes sense tho

Yeah there are actually quite a few different categories too. Tool Assisted, Any% with glitches, 100% with glitches, and of course, 100% without glitches etc.

Some of the absolute most amazing runs are so called TAS-BOT runs. Where a machine literally beats a game with frame perfect exploits, that no human can duplicate. It's sort of the "hacker" category of speedrunning.

The headline was just.. for people who don't know the lingo

If you are bored and want to dig around -> http://www.speeddemosarchive.com/
https://gamesdonequick.com/

Are the main places to check afaik (games done quick does semi annual marathos, so if you check youtube for AGDQ you will always find some awesome speedruns (and annoying as hell people in the bg ,p)

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Fallout: New Vegas Beaten In 24 Minutes, A New World Record… Jun 6, 2015, 20:22 eRe4s3r

harlock wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 14:48:
by using a speed glitch

All game exploits are allowed in speed running assuming they don't require 3rd party tools.

News Comments > Project CARS Sells 1M
9. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 6, 2015, 19:50 eRe4s3r

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 17:14:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 05:09:
1 mil? SteamSpy shows about 160k owners on Steam. If the game requires Steam, that means the vast majority of sales were on consoles.

SteamSpy is also known to be very inaccurate when it comes to sales numbers.

SteamSpy shows ownership numbers, not sale numbers...

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jun 6, 2015, 17:00 eRe4s3r

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 14:40:
Why waste the money on one? Just take the bus if you don't want to drive. I don't understand the appeal of this. I LOVE driving. It's basically the whole reason I have a car. That is never going away.

Cities and insurance companies are going to enforce this sooner or later no matter what you want Self driving cars could also be 100% electrical powered, there could be a carpool, and "ownership" of a car will become as outdated a concept as buying physical DVD's

Also reading that report, every single human driver involved in the crashes should never be allowed to drive EVER again.

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 2015, 17:05.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2015, 14:24 eRe4s3r

Really ought to change though. This is primary reason I never donate to any charity that doesn't attach a *REAL* program to my donation. Save the children you say? Sure, show me the actual child my money saves, and detail how exactly that is gonna work (feeding it for 1 month is not saving when afterwards it's still in a fucked up failed state with no food) and I will donate.

But no charity does this. I.. I just don't get it. If you wanted to earn money, wouldn't you make sure this info is readily available, that every donation goes to a certain program and case?

And that the Red Cross is at the center of it all when it comes to shady operation, bullshit overhead (40%) and laughable claims and programs... well really, is it a surprise? How can a non-profit even run in the negative don't you have spending limits set so you NEVER exceed your money? How is a top exec given 130k $ a year in fucking HAITI of all places, where living expenses are like 1$ per day at most?

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2015, 13:27 eRe4s3r

That Red Cross story is .. not funny. At this point you'd have to go so far as to call it what it is. A scam! A government supported scam.

"But the charity will not provide a list of specific programs it ran, how much they cost or what their expenses were."

Lmao, and these duds you want to donate money to? How is that even legal under non-profit rules?

News Comments > Project CARS Sells 1M
3. Re: Project CARS Sells 1M Jun 5, 2015, 19:53 eRe4s3r

Now please add proper qualifying, racing, flag and pit-stop rules. (Or fix broken ones to begin with)

No yellow flags (Note: I mean rules, the flag themselves exist, but are applied wrong), broken blue flags, wrong pit-stop rules for Formula 1, no Formula E style car-change rules, no correct DTM qualifying rules. No league dependent collision penalties, no stop-and-go penalties. Instead retarded lap time invalidation (which doesn't actually exist in racing ) No correct overtake via cutting over curbs rules... man I could go on and on and on

This is a very realistic car sim that isn't realistic in the RACING part. And this is a huge travesty. What's the point of having a car that feels nice if you don't have the realistic racing leagues with realistic rules?

Don't even get me started on safety cars, virtual safety cars, qualifying penalties etc.

If there are proper league rules in the game, they are either COMPLETELY broken or flat out missing.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 5, 2015, 19:42 eRe4s3r

ldonyo wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 13:37:
Show this article to the average consumer in the US and see how fast their eyes glaze over.

The average consumer does not read bluesnews

For me the choice is clear. HDR OLED display or bust.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2015, 16:28 eRe4s3r

He mocked it because the YES box was already pre-tagged, which is illegal

Why would he be tolerant of that if he is not religious?

8602 Comments. 431 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo