Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7006 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Firefall Launches
5. Re: Firefall Launches Jul 29, 2014, 22:39 eRe4s3r

What's the main mechanic here? Questing? loot? Because if it's loot, then it having an AH is a major turn off. D3 dropped it for a reason.

Now if it ain't loot, how is the gameplay? What is long-term motivation in this? (Trailer tells nothing)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All
2. Re: Battlefield 4: Dragon's Teeth Released for All Jul 29, 2014, 21:41 eRe4s3r

Tumbler wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 21:22:
Sucks to be a premium member and have zero interest in loading this up again. Far more excited about hearthstone at midnight!

Same here... man I was once a huge BF fan.. but BF4 and Hardline... just.. you know.. slowly annoy the shit out of me. This DLC is the last nail, fucking shields ruin hardcore mode so badly ~.~

Dice can keep this crap and maybe in a few years someone else makes a proper MP shooter again.. you know, with good netcode and all that, and bots.

News Comments > RIVE Announced
3. Re: RIVE Announced Jul 29, 2014, 18:41 eRe4s3r

Zyrxil wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 16:37:
'These' kinds of games? It's just an action-platformer.

Which is probably what he meant

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 14:39 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 14:54:
Holy blue flaming Jesus on a pogo stick! What a nightmare the last few days has been since moving into my new house. A total comedy of errors...without the comedy. From the useless dickbag movers to basically having to build a new PC to get online - which I'm still not and have borrowed a friend's extra laptop just to get net access for now. I,ve probably spent 500 bucks in the last 5 days going back and forth to the computer store and buying and retutrning all kinds of crap. Then there's the joy of discovering all those little things in the house that'll need to be changed and fixed and replaced. Remember The Money Pit with Tom Hanks?

Ommmmm....mamaste....*deep breaths*

At least you didn't get flooded in your first week of being in your new house like it happened to me.

I had the same issues getting online in a 20 year old house. Because the tech changed so much the past 20 years it's nearly guaranteed that you can't use ANY of the pre-installed shit. I had to drill new holes in walls to even get my internet from the basement (where it utterly kills my WIFI signal) to the first floor in a place where WIFI spreads properly...

Idiot owners sealed the cable shafts and idiot pre-owners laid analogue cables that don't work for gbit network. So I had to lay my entirely own network infrastructure through 3 floors just to get GBIT cable in the house in 3 rooms and WIFI where I wanted it...

Then I gave up when it came to smart-tv (was a really bad location, and would have to connect it to my router, so I just got powerline network adapters.. work fine No cabling needed anymore.

The stuff you can experience when moving to a new location is infinite. Especially when it comes to ANYTHING that is "pre-installed" ;/

News Comments > New GeForce WHQL Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce WHQL Drivers Jul 29, 2014, 14:24 eRe4s3r

Or rather "Metro - the cash-in edition"

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Jul 29, 2014, 08:55 eRe4s3r

Dagnamit wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 16:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 13:01:
I'm against mods that can be bought for money, that is all.

And yes, that includes paying money for a CS reskin.

Get used to it, because this is how UT2015 is going to roll. Free-to-play core with a mod market that's both free and pay-to-play.

Well I don't have to play that then I will not spend money on mods, but if it's a good game I will play it.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 29, 2014, 08:53 eRe4s3r

I hope it doesn't look like anything, since it's called BEYOND EARTH and plays on a world beyond earth, no?

To suggest Australia will ever get a space program or unite with pacific-rim nations is quite humorous though. I am sure even Australians would laugh at THAT projection.

News Comments > No Stained Steam Keys for Bundle Buyers
8. Re: No Stained Steam Keys for Bundle Buyers Jul 28, 2014, 21:51 eRe4s3r

I think the reason it only made them that little money is that when the game released, it was crash-prone, had iffy controls and aside from Interesting story had just no interesting gameplay.... no idea how it's now (I own it via that bundle but never bothered again ;P)

Also Indy Royale bundle all carry OPTIONAL steam keys... so it's not fraud. I know this for a fact, I read the stuff before I buy, and nowhere does it specifically say you get a steam key when buying this.

In the end, it was a "meh" game and such games don't often find audiences...

News Comments > GTA4 iCEnhancer Mod Author Taking a Break
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2014, 14:15 eRe4s3r

garrywong wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 14:05:
What's with people with such thin skin nowadays?

It's because everyone thinks in these absurd copyright terms... world would be a better place without.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2014, 13:01 eRe4s3r

I'm against mods that can be bought for money, that is all.

And yes, that includes paying money for a CS reskin.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 28, 2014, 12:53 eRe4s3r

Of course they do... were there any doubts an illegal court is also corrupt? How else you think judges would ever allow themselves to violate the law they swore upon if they aren't already corrupt?

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 2014, 13:08.

6. Re: GRRM Jul 28, 2014, 12:43 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 11:38:
I can sort of understand him not wanting to be there. After all, it's gotta be rough watching other people do in five years what you weren't able to do in 15.

Or more likely all the sex and boobs, and the mother of dragons... are distracting him ;p

News Comments > GTA4 iCEnhancer Mod Author Taking a Break
3. Re: GTA4 iCEnhancer Mod Author Taking a Break Jul 28, 2014, 10:02 eRe4s3r

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 28, 2014, 09:54:
iCEnhancer is really just an ENBseries filter with custom settings by some dude. Yes, they look great in the right instances, but it's not the graphical overhaul that people come into it thinking that it is. That requires hours of seeking out and downloading textures, cars, etc to get anything remotely close to what he shows as "his mod".

This pretty much. It always confused me people consider ICE a proper mod, it is not, it is a shader overhaul, without new textures, new cars, new everything, everything still looks the same ol in slightly different shades of color.

And by the way, it also doesn't really look all that good on it's own...

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: Rise of Nations: Extended Edition Jul 27, 2014, 19:15 eRe4s3r

LittleMe wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 16:28:
BobBob wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 16:19:
Is this worth getting over my old version? I like to play this game from time to time. One of the greatest RTS games ever made.

Um... Yes?!

No it isn't... very small changes to graphics and pointless steam and twitch features.. that's it. At least in the old version mods work

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 27, 2014, 19:01 eRe4s3r

dubfanatic wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 15:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 13:38:
And I said it before, but KS should really start getting involved in enforcing KS rules properly....

There was no rule broken. Idiots and their money are quickly parted, and Kickstarter will happily facilitate that (and take their fees for doing so)

There is actually a rule regarding fulfillment of backer rewards... which was violated in this case, and KS ignores it

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 27, 2014, 13:38 eRe4s3r

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2014, 12:57:
Man, between this and Areal, what is it with asshole KS devs lately?

Where there is free money there are scam and con-artists

And I said it before, but KS should really start getting involved in enforcing KS rules properly....

News Comments > The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed
1. Re: The Walking Dead: Season Three Confirmed Jul 27, 2014, 12:53 eRe4s3r

Well that's good to hear ,)  

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 26, 2014, 21:20 eRe4s3r

Too bad it's not a new expansion.. Dragonfall was decent, but unless the changes are massive it's not worth a replay...  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Jul 26, 2014, 20:56 eRe4s3r

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 20:47:
jacobvandy wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 20:04:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 17:46:
The combat and traversal in AC never required any skill. I've played all of them and it's always been "hold-two-buttons to automatically run, climb, jump, hop, swing, etc" and "hold block and press counter to automatically kill enemies." In terms of combat, the series has actually improved slightly with each iteration. In the first game, you could literally hold block and press counter to kill every single enemy in the game. In the sequels, they added enemy types that required a slightly different tactics.

Am I crazy, or do I remember being able to climb a little higher and faster in older games, which let you use a jump and grab technique that is no longer possible? Also seemed to be easier to grab ledges when you're falling in the past, which opened up more opportunities for quicker descent. It seems in their effort to make the motion more fluid and foolproof, they've removed player ability/ingenuity from the equation.

The jump and grab was something you unlocked in ACII. It's been in every game since as far as I am aware. It's still pretty easy to grab ledges when you're falling. I have trouble not grabbing ledges when I want to free fall.

Yeah same here, in every AC so far I had more problems with the grabbyness of the char I would want to admit... my stupid char always grabbed everything he could, even when I wanted him to just RUN or fall...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2014, 17:36 eRe4s3r

Good to know scientists noticed to tell us about that storm just.. 2 years after it happend Money well spent I'd say!  

7006 Comments. 351 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo