Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 7167 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 31, 2014, 22:14 eRe4s3r

Anyone have any idea what GPU to get for Oculus rift requirements ? It's gonna have to be something that runs whatever CV2 uses as res on at least 75fps.. preferable 120 .. possible with SLI nowadays, but not for all games.. so what GPU to go with? Or should I wait? (I have a 670GTX)  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Amazon link question Aug 31, 2014, 21:00 eRe4s3r

Blue wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 11:09:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 10:38:
The link does work, but.. amazon.com redirects me to amazon.de ,) not sure it survives that (or you even get anything for that)

Mhh, oh well

I believe that Amazon.de has its own separate referral program, so I don't think there's anything to be done about this besides me looking into becoming an affiliate of theirs as well.

If you put up a German affiliate link I would use it After all, why not? It's zero hassle and when I buy e-books you might as well get a few cents from Amazon... (I assume you are not getting rich with this though ;P)

You have my utmost respect for running this site anyway.

I wonder if Amazon has a rule that you can not have 2 affiliate links? That would be very much like Amazon....

17. Re: Amazon link question Aug 31, 2014, 10:38 eRe4s3r

Blue wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 10:27:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 09:36:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 09:08:
Howdy Blue,

I'm guessing the link to the Amazon partner thing is based on an ad of some sort? I ask because I'm not seeing it and I've definitely got adblock running full tilt.

Is there a way to provide the referral link as a simple text link for those of us whom would love to support you but have absolutely zero interest in modifying their current adblock settings?

Even when I allow that amazon link to display, it just shows a 404 page for me.. I am guessing it's hosted on amazon servers in some ad space that is blocked by my router by default. ;/

Sorry for the difficulties trying to help here. I added a text link to the the setup that I'm hoping will solve both of these issues. Does that work?

The link does work, but.. amazon.com redirects me to amazon.de ,) not sure it survives that (or you even get anything for that)

Mhh, oh well

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
31. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 10:36 eRe4s3r

Cram wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 10:27:
DarkD3 user here too, "Strongest" setting. Seems the website is gone, better back up those files.

Uh.. you can just use SweetFX

14. Re: Amazon link question Aug 31, 2014, 09:36 eRe4s3r

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 09:08:
Howdy Blue,

I'm guessing the link to the Amazon partner thing is based on an ad of some sort? I ask because I'm not seeing it and I've definitely got adblock running full tilt.

Is there a way to provide the referral link as a simple text link for those of us whom would love to support you but have absolutely zero interest in modifying their current adblock settings?

Even when I allow that amazon link to display, it just shows a 404 page for me.. I am guessing it's hosted on amazon servers in some ad space that is blocked by my router by default. ;/

News Comments > Op Ed
208. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2014, 08:52 eRe4s3r

ASeven wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 05:09:
This is a big one. Christina Sommers, one of the big names of the feminist movement, tweeted this:

"It is clear that gamers are being bullied by opportunistic,evidence-free gender warriors.But who are the enablers?Game companies? Bloggers?"

This only shows the wide rift between real feminists/humanitarians and SJWs.

That women is the primary reason I am, by the way, despite all this, still a supporter of feminism. A voice of reason and a very well known one to boot. I'd wish we had 6000 more like her, and none of the 3rd wave feminists.

But as she says, Gamers will stop it. These corrupt sites will wish they never started this war.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 31, 2014, 08:41 eRe4s3r

DirectWrite is a plague ;/  

27. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 08:32 eRe4s3r

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 07:47:
I just want their achievements to start working again.

Also, I am someone who used the T6 Solo farming techniques in Act 1 and Act 2 and I went from 45 to 70 in about two hours. I amassed about 11 million gold from doing this and, upon doing it at 70, got my Monk a nice legendary 2H Staff to kickstart my mediocre build until I get more CDR and Sunwukos...or just reroll a Witch Doctor and do the same damage from pets once I farm up some -30 level reduction gear.

All in all, it's fun, but when I realized they restricted even low level gems from being traded during that 1 - 45 grind with three other friends and realized just then that I was, after all, playing Diablo 3.

Fucking no trades bullshit. I hope, hope, hope they have something to say about this at Blizzcon. I'd even wait for it to hit the next expansion if I must, which is likely what it would take to revise this absurd rule.

I'd be more happy if they expanded the tiny inventory and stash sizes...

Some in-game trading should really be there though, but strictly "giving stuff to someone" by dropping it or whatever.

23. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 00:32 eRe4s3r

Fion wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 23:34:
Actually folks D3 did a pretty solid 180 with 2.0 and the expansion. Loot got good, content got broader and dozens of QoL improvements really helped freshen up the game. 2.1 has helped that even further. It's still a grindy game but it is Diablo, that'll never change.

I've only found 2 goblin portals but they are pretty fun. I actually found the boss to be pretty interesting. She (?) isn't hard to defeat but fun to do so. The chest at the end is rather hilarious.

That's true Was a really surprising end to the fight.. heh

21. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 30, 2014, 23:17 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 21:45:
Well chosen subject blurb, Blue. My biggest complaint is I haven't found a Greed's domain yet damn it!

The ratio is something like 30 goblins for 1 portal I found one, 70 million gold.. lots of gems.. very neat. And kinda "meh" boss-fight.

It's supposed to be a very rare reward, so it makes sense... also it really gets your blood pumping when you see the goblin pair ,p and when it finally goes poof and a portal opens...

Aside that, the game is now ok.. not great, not superb.. but OK. Combat certainly feels better than in Grim Dawn and Path of Exile

News Comments > Saturday Previews
12. Re: Saturday Previews Aug 30, 2014, 19:39 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 19:20:
Weathering in space just feels outright wrong. Why are so many space games so flawed?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Be... oh I see what you did there

News Comments > Op Ed
200. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2014, 19:33 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 19:30:
Loopy wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 19:17:
Can Star Citizen make $60 million and announce their next stretch goal of producing schematics for working, life-size 3D-printed starships so we can whine about something else? Gawd!

Not until this thread gets to 300 comments.

Now it has 200

It just goes to show really, that this topic is something a lot of people feel very strongly about... haven't seen such a giant topic in years..

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Aug 30, 2014, 19:11 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 15:07:
A few things odd about those numbers.

1. 6 terawatts of electricity for 100M people? The USA has about 1 terawatt for more than 300M people, and we're one of the largest per capita users of electricity in the world. For example, we use twice as much as Japan per person.

2. Only 2000 public schools for 100M? Thos must be some big schools. The USA has more than 90,000.

3. Also, a city of that size would have a humongous heat island effect (too bad Simcity doesn't model that). You would not want a city like that to be built anywhere south of say Toronto.

I think 1 is because of 3 ... lots of AC's... But yes, power usage is a bit high in Sim City 4, everything needs a lot more power than you would think.

As for 2 good point Even low balling it you need about 50000 schools for 100m people. (Germany has 47000 at 82m people) .. so yeah.

News Comments > Strife Open Beta
9. Re: Strife Open Beta Aug 30, 2014, 18:52 eRe4s3r

Osc8r wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 18:33:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 06:29:
oh wow.. another MOBA.. snore

"exciting new take" ... haha if it's moba it's moba. Nothing you do with that can make it exciting or new Though if it has vs AI ... maybe....

DOTA has vs AI... if you're really THAT bad.

And well, Fibrocyte beat me to it.

The FPS market is way more saturated than the MOBA scene (especially when it comes to AAA releases) but hey, let's all whine about MOBA's cause... it's kewl?

You ever considered I played DOTA (the original)? Have you even looked at recent moba's? They are all nearly identical, same heroes same skills. Some simpler some more complex, still the same gameplay with (barely!) different skin.

I wouldn't mind moba's that really do something new and fresh. But i have gotten very sarcastic about it lately.

And DOTA AI is not something you should ever seriously mention It's the reason so many bad games happen in PUB

News Comments > Op Ed
173. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2014, 06:44 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 06:34:
Jerykk wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 02:40:
Leigh's article is the exception, not the rule. http://gamasutra.com/blogs/expert/

The fact that she posted her rant as a news article instead of a blog is pretty unprofessional, though. Gamasutra has generally done a good job of keeping that stuff separate.
Actually if you read through her other stuff, it's a rule not the exception. Most of the stuff on gamasutra however I do agree with, but this is the whole thing and it's not limited to gaming journalism. This happens in the other parts of the press as well, and it's endemic in journalism courses as well. Where these individuals are not taught the difference between opinion and news. Rather they're taught that news can be opinion, speckled with their own view points.

The 10 golden rules of Reuters.. one of the them is "Never mix opinion into news reporting"

If you ever saw a journalism course that does not teach those 10 commandments that wasn't a proper journalism course... and whatever comes out at the end, ain't a journalist

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition
6. Re: Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition Aug 30, 2014, 06:36 eRe4s3r

You can't go wrong with the tons of mods that exist... still it's true that the main campaign is really boring after a certain point... the smaller maps and campaigns are much more interesting.  

News Comments > Strife Open Beta
5. Re: Strife Open Beta Aug 30, 2014, 06:29 eRe4s3r

oh wow.. another MOBA.. snore

"exciting new take" ... haha if it's moba it's moba. Nothing you do with that can make it exciting or new Though if it has vs AI ... maybe....

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2014, 06:35.

News Comments > Op Ed
170. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2014, 06:21 eRe4s3r

ASeven wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 05:45:
An updated post on all "Gamers are dead" articles, with the article post time where possible. Strange how in a couple days suddenly a ton of sites decided that gamers are dead. Sure makes you feel suspicious.

>'Gamers' don't have to be your audience. 'Gamers' are over. Exclusive - Leigh Alexander, Gamasutra (Aug 28, 10:00am)
https://archive.today/l1kTW

>We Might Be Witnessing The 'Death of An Identity' - Luke Plunkett, Kotaku (Aug 28, 8:00pm)
https://archive.today/YlBhH

>A Guide to Ending "Gamers" - Devin Wilson, Gamasutra (Aug 28, 7:57 pm)
https://archive.today/2t93l

>The End of Gamers - Dan Golding (Tumblr)
https://archive.today/L4vJG

>The death of the “gamers” and the women who “killed” them - Casey Johnson, arstechnica (Aug 28, 5:00pm)
https://archive.today/i928J

>It's Dangerous to Go Alone: Why Are Gamers So Angry? - Arthur Chu, The Daily Beast (Aug 28)
https://archive.today/9NxHy

>Gaming Is Leaving “Gamers” Behind - Joseph Bernstein, Buzzfeed (Aug 28, 8:29 pm)
https://archive.today/jVqJ8

>An awful week to care about video games - Chris Plante, Polygon (Aug 28, 1:21pm)
https://archive.today/rkvO8

>Sexism, Misogyny, and online attacks: It's a horrible time to consider yourself a gamer - Patrick O'Rourke, Financial Post (Aug 28, 9:33pm)
https://archive.today/HkPHc

>Misogynistic trolls drive feminist video game critic from her home - Callie Beusman, Jezebel (Aug 28, 4:05pm)
https://archive.today/kXX7y

>A disheartening account of the harassment going on in gaming right now (and how Adam Baldwin is involved) - Victoria McNally, The Mary Sue (Aug 28, 1:30pm)
https://archive.today/11OEl

>Feminist video bloggers driven from home by death threats - Jack Smith IV, BetaBeat (Aug 28, 10:50am)
https://archive.today/zHH4T

>Anita Sarkeesian threatened with rape and murder for daring to keep critiquing video games - Anna Minard, The Stranger (Aug 28, 6:00am)
https://archive.today/StChn

>Fanboys, white knights, and the hairball of online misogyny - Tauriq Moosa, The Daily Beast (Aug 28)
https://archive.today/wptL5

>This guy's embarassing relationship drama is killing the 'gamer' identity - Mike Pearl, Vice (Aug 29)
https://archive.today/L4n6p

The "It's Dangerous to Go Alone" article is however well reasoning and balanced look on the topic... when you get down it it really is a fucking stupid topic to even bother with, all this started after all, over some slutty behavior from some women and an (rightfully) angry ex that blew his revenge way way out of proportion.. likely NOT unintentionally. Heck, this is better revenge than even the mafia or gov can manage.

Anyway, let those idiots claim gamers are dead (whatever a gamer is, if there are 48% females in gaming they sure as hell must be included in that term too, they are, after all. Gamers. Aka, people that play games to have fun.

At the end of it nothing will change. Because all these sites (apart from the one I mentioned) do here is increase toxicity and the hate. I have no idea who it is that makes death threats and what not, but that applies to any group of people that have a hobby that is attacked by people with zero clue.

News Comments > Op Ed
157. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2014, 02:10 eRe4s3r

Jerykk wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 00:53:
Gamasutra is simply a site that posts news and editorials from people in the games industry. It does not have a regular staff of writers pumping out drivel like Kotaku does. Every editorial is written by a guest writer.

Did you read these 2 articles? Don't see any difference to the drivel on RPS and Kotaku...

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer
8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Trailer Aug 30, 2014, 01:13 eRe4s3r

Something with this much hype is making me very skeptical nowadays....  

7167 Comments. 359 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo