Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 6636 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin in June
2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin in June Apr 25, 2014, 21:19 eRe4s3r

Not gonna play D:OS anymore, already spoiled 20% of the game for myself, and that is as far as I'll go

Still more interested in D:OS for the editor, rather than the game though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Issues
4. Re: Dark Souls II PC Issues Apr 25, 2014, 20:54 eRe4s3r

PHJF wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 20:53:
TotalBiscuit and his $3000 PC said it was an acceptable port and ran without issue.

Which just goes to show, never pre-order anything. At least if you have this issue, Steam can't refuse a refund.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Issues
3. Re: Dark Souls II PC Issues Apr 25, 2014, 20:53 eRe4s3r

Temporary fixes including gems like "switching off your screen" "disconnect HDMI" "Edit EDID information" or .. why not simply ask for a refund?

How does stuff like this get through Q&A ... and in a game that was delayed for months to make a "better port" ... haha

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 25, 2014, 13:14 eRe4s3r

That's what you get when the FCC chairmen is a lobby shill that works for cable companies who only got the job because he bribed Obama during election season. Fucking best democracy money can buy = THE USA.

Enjoy your pseudo internet, while the rest of the world advances.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2014, 13:23.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 25, 2014, 01:23 eRe4s3r

700+ posts of people unable to even get beyond (or to) the intro video

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259683457381/

Quality game release....

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 24, 2014, 21:14 eRe4s3r

AM1 mainboards.. do not, have.. WIFI

The hell?

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 16:22 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 16:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 11:01:
The sandboxing in crome does not provide extra security.... it's snakeoil pr bullshit... so Firefox it is.

(By the way, running a browser in a real sandbox only protects you if you RESET the sandbox after use, and when you do that, it does add to your security indeed). But you pay the price for that with whatever security holes the sandbox has. And they have holes like any other software....

Well, true, but since so few people run browsers in sandboxes, it's much less likely that hackers are coding for that. You get a lot more return on investment exploiting holes in the browsers than holes in the sandbox.

You know what boggles me, why do these browsers don't ship "within a sandbox" to begin with? They can easily bundle with a preconfigured sandboxie.... That way, first setup and bookmark/lastpass etc get saved when you say so, And any change to the browser after that gets blocked... would solve so many issues. (as long as it is user friendly) Sandboxie most certainly is not user friendly ;p

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 13:59 eRe4s3r

DangerDog wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 13:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 11:01:
The sandboxing in crome does not provide extra security.... it's snakeoil pr bullshit... so Firefox it is.

(By the way, running a browser in a real sandbox only protects you if you RESET the sandbox after use, and when you do that, it does add to your security indeed). But you pay the price for that with whatever security holes the sandbox has. And they have holes like any other software....

I'm using Sandboxie, it seems robust enough to stop malware is there a better alternative? Granted I'm aware that if a user is dumb enough to download an .exe and run it outside the sandbox then all bets are off.

No better alternative, no (for browsing, anyway). But as with all things, a sandbox does not protect you if you don't completely wipe it after you quit it (ie, auto reset, and it only loads a known-safe-config) but you have to be careful if you allow things to run within a sandbox that you are not sure about. Sandboxes prevent permanent changes, but they do not prevent someone copying your steam guard protection file and sending it, for example. Unless you severly restrict what applications can do in the sandbox (which you should!).

If you set a sandbox up correctly, then it is still the best security you can have. And more importantly, it solves at least the problem of trojan or virus hijacking your pc.

It's not a be all and end all of security though. Much better than any AV.

Sandbox + good firewall and you are set.. imo

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 11:01 eRe4s3r

There are 2 things that bother me with Firefox

1) Tabs and their processes... you know what the problem is.. you know why chrome is superior in this regard. A single freezing tab can freeze the entire browser. (most notable flash and html5 related)

2) Mozilla refuses to make the 64bit version the default. Despite compiling 64bit versions of Firefox since 2011 ! MOzilla has not gotten around to make the OFFICIAL 64bit linux version an download option anywhere but on hidden ftp's. (The fuck?) and worse, there is no official windows 64bit version of Firefox, meaning scammers make money with that fact (there are scam sites selling 64bit firefox thanks to Mozilla being too stupid to fix their own getfirefox site)

Aside that it's a good browser. But as usual. It seems like one department is run by experts, and the other by retards. Mozilla knows about the x64 confusion since 2011 and ignores it. And in essence, is helping scammers thanks to that.

I am still not a fan of the awesome bar. It is really slow compared to the search tab for some reason. wonder what's up with that.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Apr 24, 2014, 09:58 eRe4s3r

Dagnamit wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 09:40:
The number doesn't tell me a damn thing.

But neither does a review without one. In the end, you are reading something subjectively analyzed and all you really learn is what "random dude/girl on the internet" thought about a game.

Imo the only way to properly "review" a game is by playing it, and ergo, making it a WTF is.... kind format, or a let's play (even that can have far reaching failings, with complex games that have depth later in gameplay that goes beyond tutorial ;p)

So a good representation of a game takes at least a few hours of gameplay into account. At that point, what is shown is no longer subjective, but an objective review.

Written reviews are simply not very useful, score or not.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 24, 2014, 09:19 eRe4s3r

Exogenesis: Best pitch video ever ... makes me sad I can't pledge directly on KS

*Universim looks interesting too

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2014, 09:31.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Privilege Apr 24, 2014, 09:15 eRe4s3r

yuastnav wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 04:52:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 23:35:
Squirmer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 22:54:
Julio wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 20:52:
Let's blame all males for creepy internet stalkers...and everything else that's wrong in the world too. The guy who wrote the article needs to do an "Andre Johnson" move.
Who is blaming all men? No one.

A weird defensiveness always emerges whenever someone talks about male privilege. You're not personally to blame for being privileged unless you actively work toward maintaining that privilege at the expense of others, or stick your head in the sand and deny it even exists. If you don't do those things, no one is blaming you.

For most males, this topic is poisoned to the core thanks to radical feminists. [...]

Could you elaborate on that? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

It means it's hard to argue with good intentions when the other side wants to replace the male privilege with a female privilege. Simplifying the issue here, but it's why you won't find much common ground anymore in these topics bot on the web and irl. Sadly, at least in our media world here radical opinions get more attention and thus are more known. I would otherwise be entirely for gender equalization, no let me rephrase that. I am 100% for gender equalization, but I am against feminism that aims to invert the situation, instead of fixing it...

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Privilege Apr 23, 2014, 23:35 eRe4s3r

Squirmer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 22:54:
Julio wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 20:52:
Let's blame all males for creepy internet stalkers...and everything else that's wrong in the world too. The guy who wrote the article needs to do an "Andre Johnson" move.
Who is blaming all men? No one.

A weird defensiveness always emerges whenever someone talks about male privilege. You're not personally to blame for being privileged unless you actively work toward maintaining that privilege at the expense of others, or stick your head in the sand and deny it even exists. If you don't do those things, no one is blaming you.

For most males, this topic is poisoned to the core thanks to radical feminists. Which is why defensiveness is to be expected...

Sexism in gaming needs to be solved, but I am not seeing anyone showing what needs to change. Just screaming "dah beez sexism heeer" in the wind isn't gonna do a whole lot..... in fact, to actually fix it, you would likely have to start in the earliest child years through school up to 20 years or so. In reality, this is not a problem males create, it is a problem society creates. Meaning, to fix it, you need to change systems and how they work. Not the people who are already THROUGH that system. You can only maybe call to their intelligence, but someone with intelligence wouldn't be a sexist arse anyway.

News Comments > Morning Kickstarter Roundup
18. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 21:41 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 15:51:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 14:17:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 13:07:
This is why I don't think a roundup is a good idea after all. Rather than scraping the bottom of the barrel a couple times a day, just let the decent KS projects float to the top as they naturally do and give them their own post.

The thing is, who decides what is a decent KS project.... imo it's better to have a constant stream of information, than filtered information...

Blue must be pretty influential in this respect, getting mentioned on Bluesnews must be a pretty big deal for a campaign that's not otherwise well publicised. This way more campaigns each get less exposure, which is fairer. Being fair in this regard isn't really Blue's job but with great power comes great responsibility and all that.

As much as I like bluesnews, I have my doubts that a link here in this category has much effect on a campaigns success or not.. in the end major deciding factor is gonna be big communities... or general public interest (ie, hype)

But it's one of the few categories where I click on all links ;9 Because you never know what might be behind them. A true gem, or just.. a project with nostalgia but barely a chance to make funding...

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 21:37 eRe4s3r

Riddle of the Sphinx... that brings back memories....  

15. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 14:17 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 13:07:
This is why I don't think a roundup is a good idea after all. Rather than scraping the bottom of the barrel a couple times a day, just let the decent KS projects float to the top as they naturally do and give them their own post.

The thing is, who decides what is a decent KS project.... imo it's better to have a constant stream of information, than filtered information...

7. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 12:03 eRe4s3r

Quboid wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 11:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 09:18:
All these Kickstarters should be listed under "examples: How not to run your Kickstarter"

If you want my money, you gotta tell me what for... and you got 3 minutes to do it, in your intro video. And to show me that you are competent I want to see gameplay, not just images of irrelevant stuff.

Universe Edge has a time frame reaching up to 2017 (wow!).. Cat Simulator has cats without fur ... you know.. FUR, what most cats HAVE) ? ^^

Also... the best cat simulator is still a real cat. So you can feel neglected and ignored in real-life. ;p

That is an awful Kickstarter. "Watch the alpha trailer above to give you an idea of where we are at." - they've done a low quality model and ripped annoying audio from a meme. Shut up and take my money!

Unless they're going for a Goat Simulator type of game, I don't think a cat simulation would be very interesting. I don't know where my cat is now but at a guess he's snoozing somewhere where he's hidden from view but getting the sun. Lovely for him I'm sure, but not in ways that a simulator will recreate.

To be fair, they did show cats with hair, and they looked really good. But as you say, they show NOTHING about the game, or their goals. It's just "look at this" and "give us your money"

the hell

Maybe we were spoiled by Pillars of Eternity and all these big KS projects... you know, where people told you what they want to do, and how much money they need for it.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Apr 23, 2014, 10:29 eRe4s3r

possibly guns  

1. Re: Morning Kickstarter Roundup Apr 23, 2014, 09:18 eRe4s3r

All these Kickstarters should be listed under "examples: How not to run your Kickstarter"

If you want my money, you gotta tell me what for... and you got 3 minutes to do it, in your intro video. And to show me that you are competent I want to see gameplay, not just images of irrelevant stuff.

Universe Edge has a time frame reaching up to 2017 (wow!).. Cat Simulator has cats without fur ... you know.. FUR, what most cats HAVE) ? ^^

Also... the best cat simulator is still a real cat. So you can feel neglected and ignored in real-life. ;p

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 23, 2014, 08:49 eRe4s3r

WHY!  

6636 Comments. 332 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo