Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ere

Real Name ere   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname eRe4s3r
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description 3D-Modeller, Anime Geek, Internet Addict, Lurker
Homepage http://ere4s3r.deviantart.com
Signed On Jan 29, 2009, 14:16
Total Comments 8713 (Guru)
User ID 54727

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve on Steam Scams
22. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 27, 2015, 17:07 eRe4s3r

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 14:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 01:28:
VAC at least on Steam servers is based on Steam ID, so refund wouldn't prevent ban.

Throwaway account are created for free, single game bought, then refunded. Ip address isn't important because vpn can be used and it most definitely is happening. Vac ban simply doesn't matter, even if they are caught in that short time window.

Well that seems very easy to avoid but Steam as usual is apparently half-assing everything. Since payment provider listed would definitely not "rotate" ;p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GeForce Driver Hotfix
6. Re: GeForce Driver Hotfix Jun 27, 2015, 15:15 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 12:56:
I've had no issues at all, keeping my drivers up to date with each release. So I guess my anecdotal evidence counter-balances yours.

I add to this anecdotal evidence.. updating to all new releases and 0 problems so far, hell even IWD2 still runs fine

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jun 27, 2015, 14:35 eRe4s3r

Is this the tech equivalent of fat shaming?  

News Comments > Valve on Steam Scams
18. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 27, 2015, 01:28 eRe4s3r

VAC at least on Steam servers is based on Steam ID, so refund wouldn't prevent ban.  

News Comments > Her Story Released
5. Re: Her Story Released Jun 27, 2015, 01:26 eRe4s3r

Imo large part of this is figuring out the story.. but if you are.. ehm, let's just say "inclined" to deduce things you will be through this within an hour

Interesting experiment but once through, there's aside from completing the database (ie, finding all videos/keywords) not much to do.

Also this kind of story could not work in modern times.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 27, 2015, 01:16 eRe4s3r

Well certainly not a certain cult that is linked to slavery and human trafficking...  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 26, 2015, 17:19 eRe4s3r

Take heed sheeple, for the mighty god has spoken. You educating yourself with free information not controlled by government is not a necessity nor your right.

Woohoo

But then, considering schools in the western world, this is not really surprising. You don't exactly learn important knowledge in schools, you are just trained to accept doing pointless tasks, because that's what you do in your work life (according the GOV plan for you). As soon as you start to dig deeper, into free information not tainted by government spin, you become a pariah.

News Comments > World of Warships Shipstorm
14. Re: World of Warships Shipstorm Jun 26, 2015, 16:06 eRe4s3r

Bait and switch.... how quaint  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Analysis
18. Re: Steam Summer Sale Analysis Jun 26, 2015, 15:21 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 14:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 13:30:
Esoteric wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 11:11:
Yeah, because they're horrible games and no one likes playing them.

He means because these games are out for what seems eternity now. Either way, imo this was one of the worst sales in quite a while, nothing I wanted was properly flagged down in price.... I bought Waveform... for the value of a good trading card sale (19ct).. and aside that I hoard money and have nothing to spend it on...

Usually with such sales in the past I found at least 2 or 3 gems... but this time it was just depressing.

I don't know, I thought it was a fine sale as usual. I think a lot of people just under estimate how much they over stuffed their gaming library. Newer EA games aren't on Steam anymore either so that removes a big chunk of potential titles. I have a large back log and still found 3 games to buy. There were very respectable sales on pretty much everything I've purchased in the past too.

CS:GO is insanely popular, the franchise has attracted the youth demographic again somehow all these years later. L4D2 is still played a fair bit and goes on deep sales.

Maybe it's because of currency exchange rates.. but to me tons of these sales were far above the "what I find acceptable to pay during a sale" limit ;p I mean even more depressing even is that most of the GoG sales.. was for games I already own. As in, physically. The CD's ;p

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Analysis
11. Re: Steam Summer Sale Analysis Jun 26, 2015, 13:30 eRe4s3r

Esoteric wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 11:11:
Yeah, because they're horrible games and no one likes playing them.

He means because these games are out for what seems eternity now. Either way, imo this was one of the worst sales in quite a while, nothing I wanted was properly flagged down in price.... I bought Waveform... for the value of a good trading card sale (19ct).. and aside that I hoard money and have nothing to spend it on...

Usually with such sales in the past I found at least 2 or 3 gems... but this time it was just depressing.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Lethis - Path of Progress
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Lethis - Path of Progress Jun 26, 2015, 03:43 eRe4s3r

Nhhh.. looks like Zeus/Pharaoh etc. with different graphics ^^ down to the same beauty elements (the concept, not the art)  

News Comments > Skyforge Trailer
6. Re: Skyforge Trailer Jun 26, 2015, 03:35 eRe4s3r

This was one of the worst.. if not the worst MMORPG video this year... Fantastic scenery though But you don't play "scenery"  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 25, 2015, 21:01 eRe4s3r

It's called historical revisionism and it's what fascists did best......

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Expansion Details; Patch Plans
13. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Details; Patch Plans Jun 25, 2015, 15:04 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 14:10:
For the life of me, I can't remember whether they'd said that backers got the first expansion free or not? Anyone remember?

You only get expansion at certain Backer levels.. so it's not free for backers, in fact that higher backer level was higher than normal and included ALL expansions afaik.

I am worried about this only being part 1 of an expansion. Piecemeal story and combat heavy expansion releases are worse than anything else.

8. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Details; Patch Plans Jun 25, 2015, 12:06 eRe4s3r

Ludomancer wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 11:52:
I didnt like the game at all. I spent a great deal of time tracknig down all the green named NPCs, eager to see where their seemingly random stories would lead, and all I got was... nothing, because it was just a bunch of dumb fan-shit written by the kickstarter backers, and had nothing to do with anything worth a shit.

And then the story and everything else kind of went nowhere.

Good thing was that as Backer, I knew the green named things were irrelevant to the game. If can only imagine how horrible that must be to not know that and see them as part of the game. One of the worst design decisions in PoEt and it's not like people didn't tell Obsidian it was a bad idea....

But my annoyance comes more from the fact that when all is played and concluded, this game is just a lesser IWD2 with less character building, less proper story, worse way of telling the lore.. it is in all respects an lesser game. And I didn't KS to get a lesser game! Obsidian simply went through the motions of making a RPG, but failed to make anything worthwhile, unique or even interesting. That our supposed "curse" is so shittily done in-game as to offer literally NO danger whatsoever is just icing on the cake. Man compare this to BG2 and the "random uncontrolled transmutation to Baal in combat" which was a HUGE factor to play around. It's the small details that made me feel annoyed.

As I said before, when PoEt concluded, I replayed IWD2 + http://www.gibberlings3.net/iwd2npc/ .. hard to believe, but that was MORE fun.

6. Re: Pillars of Eternity Expansion Details; Patch Plans Jun 25, 2015, 10:43 eRe4s3r

Mhhh, lately I read a review that summed my feeling up perfectly. I liked Pillars of Eternity, but when I reached the end.. all I was was annoyed. Imo not a feeling one should have after finishing a game.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended
9. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended Jun 25, 2015, 10:23 eRe4s3r

This is amazing.. could refund system on Steam actually hurt WB enough?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 24, 2015, 21:34 eRe4s3r

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 19:55:
how is it looking at 1440p?
I was looking into getting a Fury but now it seems like going the 980Ti route is the better option.
I game at 1440p and plan to for the next 1-2 years before jumping to 4k once the gpu's can actually handle it nicely. 2016 at the earliest

GeForce GTX 980 Ti is 5% to 33% faster than Fury X at 1440p across various games. According to This

And I plan to upgrade in 1-2 years as well, to future proof my rig for VR... assuming I am compatible with that tech and don't get sick instantly ;p

Btw, all cards are miles away from the 95 fps limit for VR....

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 24, 2015, 18:34 eRe4s3r

AMD Fury X 13% slower than 980TI in 4K testing... sigh  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2015, 18:33 eRe4s3r

I blame you for a sudden craving to rewatch Gattaca  

8713 Comments. 436 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo